A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 9 2011, 10:23 AM
I hope you enjoy your Pokemon game! My brother got Pokemon Black last weekend. @Mhacy
I hope you can get motivated enough to do your work! >< I definitely know what de-motivation is like when it comes to assignments!
-Hurray! I passed my exams! I'm really happy with my results! You could either see an F or a P (Fail or Pass) and when I saw all Ps I was like "yay!".
My friend and I are going for some celebratory lunch later!
-I missed my first lecture today. I got stopped on the way to the lecture by a prospective student and her parents who were lost. They were looking for a building within the student village I live in. I'm terrible at giving directions, so I offered to lead them there instead. I did so, and ended up missing my lecture. But I don't mind.
That's happened twice now; I must look approachable.
-This week has been going by pretty fast!
Mar 9 2011, 03:15 PM
- Arya is so cuteee~ Pyroclasm
- The new Pokemon is totally awesomeee. Slow at first, but then it's really cool. XD
- I'm half-way done with my AP art concentration. I'd celebrate, but I don't think it's anything worth celebrating, considering I only have 1 and a half months to finish the rest of it. That's what I get for 2 years of procrastination. :C
- Last night, I went to the annual kids' Mardi Gras party (it's organized by the church here) with my friend and my brother. Aside from the parents, we were the oldest people there. XD But it's okay; I ate my weight in cotton candy and hung out with my friend (who I haven't really hung out with in a while). It really was weird, though; when I was younger, at these things they would play Mardi Gras music, not Lady Gaga.
- I can barely stay awake in school this week. I'm exhausted.
Mar 10 2011, 02:46 AM
Razzy - combine the two and start a new craze, Lady GrasGras. Though be prepared for her to sue you.
Pierrot - at least you missed it for an honest reason, I used to on account of being lazy....which was unforgivable in my first year when I was all of a 5min walk away. Ah well, congrats on your results.
jack - yes we've now had a few days of sun, it's wonderful.
Scar - Ferrets are great pets, but I too have attempted to bathe one. Darn thing shredded my clothes.
- My housemates are off to New York today. I'd say I'm jealous, but really I'm not, much as I'd like to visit the USA, New York holds no appeal. Means I'm catsitting though, and I find I'm talking to them like they're children, not felines.
- Such blue skies out there. Still bloody cold but sunshine always perks one up.
Mar 10 2011, 06:03 AM
Well its weird because in the wild ferrets swim... BUT when I lived on my own in New Hampshire, I had a ferret and he LOVED bath time... but I guess since this little one has never been exposed to it, must have been a bit of a shock...
- Arya is doing well
We had her out on the couch and she is a complete spaz and in the future I'll be sure to make a video of her and let you guys see her...
- Okay so I'm completely obsessed with the craziness of Charlie Sheen. Best line ever: "They can't hang with me, their bones would melt like wax"
Mar 10 2011, 08:24 AM
I'm stuck in journalism... but I wanna play my Pokemon game D:
I've had the game(s) for about a week now, and I already have 6 badges, and am about to get my 7th.
As far as Black and White versions go, I REALLY love these games. All the new Pokemon are growing on me ;w; I wanna play it nao, but I should be writing a short story. But Pokemon is betterrrrr
Anyway. On the topic of Lady Gaga, she had a concert here recently, literally like 45 minutes away from my house. I would have gone just to say I went, but I assumed the tickets would be a LOT of money, and I don't wanna pay a lot to see someone I hate.
-Hoping to go to JoAnn's this weekend to pick up materials for my Ran Yakumo hat and Elesa/Kamitsure cosplays~
-I have a giant cream puff in my bag. It's bigger than my orange...
Mar 10 2011, 01:07 PM
Dear Tim Hortons,
Today I have purchased my twelth double/double under the whole roll up the rim to win game. And this is the twelth time in a row that i've seen that 'please play again' under my rim. Your whole 1 in 6 wins advertisement is bologna. Some one owes me a donut damnit.
Mar 10 2011, 09:01 PM
@A Pierrot's Aria: I am enjoying it, thanks. ~ And it's good to hear that you passed your exams! Congratulations!
@Razzy: I'm finding out just how awesome it is!
- I couldn't get into town to get Pokemon White on the day of its release, unfortunately... But I was able to get it this morning! =D It's great already!
- Yeeeees, just caught a Drilbur! /o/ Now, onwards to the next Gym!
Mar 11 2011, 06:26 AM
My heart to the people of Japan and to all those who will soon be affected by the following tsunami. All I can think of watching the videos is how surreal it all looks, but how horribly real it is.
Mar 11 2011, 08:24 AM
I agree with Chiyo.. I saw this news this morning and I was in complete shock. I have a friend who's father is in Tokyo on military contracting and she hasn't heard from him yet... Prayers and thoughts going to everyone who's being effected by the disaster in Japan as well as the people effected by the waves that are going out and away from there, like Hawaii.. Stay safe!!
Mar 11 2011, 09:33 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan who are affected by the tsunami. I was surprised to hear about it on the morning news. ScarMySoul: I hope your friend's father is safe.
I know I haven't been around much, but I hope everyone is doing well.
I must remember for the next 40 days I cannot eat chocolate or drink soda.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 11 2011, 11:59 AM
-I also want to extend my thoughts to the people of Japan, too. I only heard the news a couple of hours ago; it seems so unreal. I could never imagine how the whole country must feel --I just hope that those affected will be able to get through this dark time together.
-I'm hoping that I'll be able to get home alright on Monday. Snow is forecast. The world's weather is going crazy!
Mar 11 2011, 02:31 PM
--I, too, am keeping in my thoughts the people in all areas affected by the earthquake. Living in a place where such an event could very well become a reality at any time but at the same time never having experienced it, I can only imagine what it must be like.
--It hasn't really hit yet that it's the last day of classes this quarter. WAY too much other stuff going on.
Mar 12 2011, 07:40 AM
- My friends dad was finally able to call her and let her know he's okay! He said he wasn't injured but he's never been so scared in his life... the company he works for is trying to get him back home asap.
- I hope that nothing happens with that Nuclear Power Plant in Japan. They're on the verge of a meltdown and I HOPE that doesn't happen. Luckily they do have a containment procedure like the US does, so in the event that it does meltdown, it wouldn't have the same problem Russia had.... Prayers for Japan going out....
Mar 13 2011, 08:31 AM
--I'm glad your friend's dad is safe.
--Bleh... 7 hours of sleep last night. I was gonna get 8 at the most, anyway, but I'm still not amused. Stupid DST switchover the weekend before finals.
--I'm surprised the resident advisor didn't come out and tell my friends and me off earlier last night when we were at our loudest. While we were quiet for a while, I guess the relative noise level must have peaked right as a whole bunch of people were leaving, because that was when she finally came out and gave us our only warning. (We didn't get written up or anything, thankfully, but it's the only warning we're getting at all this week.)
--Almost there... 4 more days (including today), then break. Thank goodness.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 13 2011, 11:43 AM
I'm glad to hear that your friend's dad is fine. @jacksparrow589
I wish someone would bother coming out to shut the drunkards on my floor up.
Alas, they never do!
-I've had a really fun weekend with my sister. We kinda made a total mess of the house, even though there's only the two of us here! You'd think we had a party and everyone was invited! I wish I could come to hers more often but train tickets are so expensive! We're off to get Chinese food later.
-I never did get around to reading the books I got from the library and starting my essay early like I promised myself I would. ._.
Mar 13 2011, 12:18 PM
I can barely believe what happened in Japan. It really is horrible.
I'm keeping Japan in my thoughts and prayers, and any other areas affected by this disaster.
But it's good to hear your friend's dad is safe, Scar
- All weekend I've been working non-stop on this art project (which, of course, I waited until the last minute to do). Paint makes me very nervous. If only IRL art projects had a Ctrl+Z.
Mar 14 2011, 05:47 AM
- So I was watching the news and saw more info on the state of Japan and such and it prompted me to write this
. Just thought I'd share.
vvvv In response to that, this was my comment i posted on there:
"You know everyone is entitled to their views and opinion, you're being shallow BUT its your own. I know a lot of people were very upset with your comment, but I've got a feeling that's what you wanted. Attention. If this is your way of getting it, then more power to you.
PS: Haiti didn't have a tsunami, they had an earthquake. The tsunami was in Indonesia...."
Mar 14 2011, 04:37 PM
My friend found this on deviantart. I was disgusted when I read it. I like anime and manga, but the loss of human life is way more important than whether or not an anime or manga series will be continuing. Does this person have no human compassion or sympathy? On top of that they said a tsunami hit Haiti. Only an earthquake hit Haiti, not a tsunami too.
Another one of my friends found a youtube video or comment on youtube, where a person said that the tsunami in Japan was God's revenge for Pearl Harbor. Another comment that made me disgusted. I am proud to be an American, but honestly some people should not be American, and/or have the right to vote.
I seriously hope these people are trolls. But even for a troll those comments are way too inappropriate
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 15 2011, 06:49 AM
I love the last stanza of your poem especially --you captured the strength of Japan as a nation brilliantly. @FMAobsessed
I've found some pretty damn awful comments around the net, too. I don't know how they could bring themselves to say such insensitive things about such a devastating situation! It's sickening!
-I was waiting for a lecture to begin for 20 minutes, but no one else arrived...it then dawned on me that it's actually tomorrow I have that lecture. ._.
-I bought myself a new marker pad today; I'm feeling quite artistic. I initially wanted Bristol board, but they didn't have any in the shop I went to. So I hope this marker pad is good --I've never gotten this particular type before.
-I made a donation to the Japan Tsunami Appeal a while ago. >< I know there isn't much I can do, but I thought that was the least I could possibly do...
Mar 15 2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks so much! That last stanza just flowed out my fingers as I typed it lol... so I thought Rising Sun would be an appropriate name for it.
- New thread is going to be made by myself today in the announcement forum for a project I'm working on that ALL MEMBERS can be a part of.... Look out for it today
- There's a good chance in August that I just might be moving to Misawa.... or England.... or Australia.... or Germany.... or Italy...
Confused yet? My husband has a good chance of working there after he graduates school
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS: Please go to this thread
and if you'd like to participate, you may! I am currently going to start a project to send letters in a book to the Japanese Embassy addressed to Ichiro Fujisaki with letters from everyone with their thoughts and feelings about the tragedy that occurred in Japan.
Mar 15 2011, 08:55 PM
--Had my first final today in Linguistics. Not so bad, really. I didn't study at all, either, and I was operating on six hours of sleep because I had... a very uncomfortable night, and I'll leave it at that.
--Last two finals tomorrow! Hopefully I sleep enough to be awake, but at least I can ace the 8:30 one half asleep.
--Wow, I didn't think that I would have to put up with bullying after middle school, but apparently, I do. I'm not at all happy about it.
--To add to what Scar
says: Write a letter!
I did! It doesn't have to be fancy or anything--just knowing that someone cares speaks volumes.
Mar 16 2011, 05:39 AM
Hope things get better for you
- New thread is up for writing letters to Japan, please check it out!!!
- The cover for the project is now revised and reposted in the thread. Hope you guys like it!!
- To touch on what Jack
said, please, if you would like to participate, post your letters because it is true, that words really can speak volumes.
- I just bought this
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 16 2011, 10:50 AM
Good luck with your finals! @ScarMySoul
Awesome wrist band!
-I've just finished working on a picture to accompany my letter to the Japanese Embassy. I'm not quite sure I like how it has turned out. I'll start on another at the weekend. I have a few ideas.
-Bah...I need to do my logic assignment for tomorrow. I hate logic assignments.
Mar 16 2011, 07:45 PM
- I'll definitely write a letter!
It'll take me a bit of time to think of what to write, though. I also wanna make a picture, too. And I love that wristband! Some clubs at school are gonna order some to help raise money to donate.
- The school's Awake-athon was canceled... It's kinda sucky, 'cause I was looking forward to it. But my friends and I are just gonna have a sleepover instead, play Pokemon, and try
to stay awake until 7:30AM.
- I'm really not appreciating how teachers are suddenly piling on useless project after useless project. Honestly, I can barely handle this art exam by itself. I swear, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown before the end of April. o___<
- There's going to be a lot of kids absent from school tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day... most of them are going into the city for the parade. I wish I could go, or at least stay home from school. :\
- When I asked my mom if I could do that text donate thing for the Red Cross (she pays the cell phone bill), she was like, (all angry) "They did that for Haiti, but Haiti never got most of that money" and I was just like, "Ummmm, 'kay. I didn't know the Red Cross was so corrupt or whatever." BUT I will be helping out the clubs at school with fundraising for Japan. So if I can't donate with texts, I feel better if I can at least do something through the school.
- I'm going to the Museum of Modern Art in NYC next week. I love that place. SO much.
Mar 16 2011, 10:17 PM
Today's my birthday!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Yet I'll probably spend the whole day doing nothing :/
-I also have a killer craving for sweets. Right now. It doesn't even make what kind.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 17 2011, 08:06 AM
The best of luck with your art exam and all the other projects! I know how stressful it can get with tons of art projects and all that. ><@The RZA
-I've done my logic assignment and Latin homework for today, thank goodness. Logic was just a great big pain in the behind. But I'm glad it's over with now.
-I'm currently sat with my laptop in a cafe. Just finished a pretty nice dinner. Although...I forgot to ask them to cook the steak so it wasn't still bleeding on the plate! How people can eat their red meat rare, I don't know!
-I would really love some chocolate right now!
-Aaargh...it's St Patrick's day today...a day that I personally dislike! Because it usually means noise. It's going to be very noisy tonight. I can sense it.
Mar 17 2011, 09:07 AM
Good luck with your finals!@The RZA:
- The current situation in Japan is truly awful.
My sympathies and thoughts go out to the people who are affected by this. I've read many insensitive remarks about Japan online, and it just sickens me. Some people are really horrible...
-What am I still doing up? It's too late to be awake...
Mar 17 2011, 03:10 PM
--Happy birthday! Pyroclasm
, A Pierrot's Aria
, and Scar
--Thank you all!
--Well, I'm done with finals and back at home, which is really nice.
--I stayed up until midnight last night just because I could. It was a lovely night.
--I had a dentist appointment this morning. Apparently, two of my fillings are coming out, and I have two cavities. Guess who's spending part of her spring break in the dentist's office?
--Haven't yet had the talk I need to have with a guy who's been giving me a hard time, but this is going to happen soon enough. At least he's willing to talk.
Mar 17 2011, 04:47 PM
Happy birthday, The RZA
- I will be keeping myself awake for the next 36 hours, using the magic of energy drinks. WOOOO~ I rarely drink them, but when I do, it's when I really need them. Tonight I'll be pulling an all-nighter, and tomorrow night I'm gonna have a sleepover with my friends. Gonna be fun. But afterwards, I'll probably sleep all weekend.
- I feel crazy right now. It's partly due to school-related stress, but mostly due to lack of sleep. (Both are totally my fault; I've been up so late every night playing Pokemon... XD) Makes me wonder if adding energy drinks to that combination is really a good idea.
- Tomorrow is "Rent A Senior" day at school. My friend rented me. She wants to make me wear a fedora and a fake mustache. And I'm gonna carry her books or something. And other shenanigans. XD
- I have to get motivated to do homework. Ugh.
Mar 17 2011, 07:16 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!
-After months & months of waiting I am finally a proud owner of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep! I still haven't played it though, I have no idea in hell why not. I'm about to go change that now.
-Pops cooked Steak. It was mouthgasms.
Mar 17 2011, 07:52 PM
Japan has been in my thoughts since I first heard about the 8.9 earthquake on my way to school. It's devastating, what's going on there. The earthquake, then a tsunami, and now several nuclear plants are causing lots of trouble. So many people dead, so many people lost, and countless people with their homes and everything they own just gone. It makes me terribly sad, not only that this happened, but also that it seems like there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just a sophomore in high school, with a few dollars to my name. Donating is pretty much out of the question, I already borrowed $10 from my parents to donate to the Red Cross to help them help Japan, but I myself have no money whatsoever.
I've found the Help_Japan fandom auctions
, and I definitely plan on offering some arts, writings, or crafts there.
I was also thinking on opening up art commissions, where all the proceeds go to help Japan. If I did that and put a thread here, do you think you, or anyone else on the forum would be willing to buy them? I can assure you that all the money will be going to help Japan, it's just that I'm still on a very new account on deviantART, so I'd have to post my commissions other places as well in order to get noticed.
Mar 18 2011, 04:00 AM
@ Rainshine: thread
this is another way you can help!
TBU = To Be Updated
Mar 18 2011, 01:55 PM
- It is so nice out. It's like it changed from winter to summer within 3 days. I wanna go out and ride my bike or something.
- I'm not even tired right now. Energy drinks for the win!
- In two weeks I'm going to visit the college I'm going to. I'm nervous; I'm going there, but I've never even visited. I hope it's awesome, since most people only say good things about this place. I don't have much of a choice though, since it's all I can afford.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 18 2011, 02:17 PM
I did the exact same thing! My first choice University was one that I'd never visited before, in a City I'd never even been to. I'm there now and I've never regretted my decision.
I hope that you will like what you see!!
-I'm back home for the weekend. It's nice to see my dad again --it feels like I haven't seen him in ages. The first thing he did when he saw me was give me a great big hug.
It was a bit of a pain when I got on the coach home, though. They put luggage in the compartments at the bottom of the coach. And one of the workers said she'd put my luggage in and told me to get on the coach. She asked the driver which compartment she should put it in, and he replied any. And she just went to the driver "oh, you do it." And left my suitcase on the ground outside of the coach. The driver apparently didn't hear, though, because he closed the door and was ready to set off. I had to run down to the front of the coach to ask him to actually get my suitcase and get it in the coach.
-Dad has been finishing decorating my (and my sister's) bedroom. We started it, but never got a chance to finish it. But dad did last week. I can see that the artist inside him is still there because he chose colours for the border and lamp shade that go together really well with the wall colour. I was worried he was going to pick some really mis-matched colours!
Mar 18 2011, 03:14 PM
-It's Friday, I should be either out somewhere else or laying in my bed in a sleep-coma, but I have to finish this LONG investingation for Monday...dont falter Mai! Say NO to procrastination!! (...which is what I'm doing right now -.-U)
-Is it just me or salsa is close to being the perfect type of music? You can sing with it, dance with it, cry with it, yell at it... it's AWESOME!
-The Dalai Lama is probably the coolest guy ever...people should listen to what he says.
-Jack Johnson = LOVE & CHILLAX (REALLY recommend it for those who are stressed!)
Mar 19 2011, 08:28 AM
--Oh, man, my first full day of spring break was awesome.
I stayed in my pajamas 'til 10, went to the library to get books I actually want
to read, bought FMA 24, another book, and a shirt, and the shirt cost me only 2.17 USD! (Clearance is a wonderful thing.) I also made blueberry buckle to have for breakfast this morning.
--I went with my mom to deliver dinner to the cousin that just had a baby, and I got to hold the little guy! He's just adorable.
--My mom's at a conference for the weekend, so I think my dad and I are going to have some sort of board game or card game-related showdown. It's going to be a blast!
--I let my hair dry without doing anything to it last night (other than initially brushing it out), and now it's super curly!
--Blueberry buckle is like... your basic coffee cake with blueberries in it, pretty much.
Mar 19 2011, 11:56 AM
@jacksparrow: What's blueberry buckle?
Well this was a stressful week. For some reason hearing about Japan stressed me out. I am friends with some of the Japanese exchange students at my school. Luckily, none of their families or friends were directly affected by the earthquake and tsunami. They still feel sad about what happened though.
Last week I accomplished a 5 page paper, a 7 page paper, and a miterm. All for the same class.
This week I have 2 papers and 2 midterms. I also have a job interview. I wish I wasn't so delusional, and stopped believing that my semster is suppose to be easier after my spring break. Because it never is.
I wanted to take summer classes this summer, but I work when the classes are offered. So, that won't work. Instead if I want to graduate relatviely on time, it will be 6 classes for the next few semesters. I hope I can manage that.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 19 2011, 12:41 PM
I'm glad you had a good day! @FMAobsessed
Good luck with your midterms and job interview!!
-That's me done my exercise for today. I wanted to take a photo of the "supermoon", and wanted to catch it as it was rising. My dad lives on the 8th floor of a flat and I ran down all 8 flights and after taking some photos (which are rubbishy phone cam quality!), I ran back up the stairs. It's times like this I wish I didn't have a phobia of lifts. =/ Not long just got back in the house!
It looked pretty awesome, but slightly underwhelming at the same time!
It's really bright now, though!
Mar 20 2011, 07:51 PM
- It's getting cold out again. I guess I was foolish to think that it would start to feel like spring in March.
- I'm so annoyed that I can't get a job. I can't tell you how sick I am of this place. I can't get a job without the right connections, and when there is a hope of getting a job, after all my persistence I'm told "We'll get back to you in a few days" countless times for countless weeks by the same guy until I've learned that it means "No, you're not getting the job". I'm starting to feel like going upstate in August is my only hope for money. Then again, 'the grass is greener on the other side', so maybe the difficulty of finding a job is the same there as it is here. If anything, I can get a job on campus.
- My family had to cut down my favorite tree. It's kinda sad; now there's almost nothing in the backyard.
- I'm still really excited to go to the MoMA this week! I've never gone there with my best friend, so when she comes this time, I have a feeling it's gonna be a lot more fun than previous trips. We're gonna get breakfast before the train leaves, and we're gonna play Mad Libs.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 21 2011, 11:51 AM
I hope you're able to find a job soon! Don't lose hope...people take a lot of knock backs before they finally land a job.
-I saw my mum yesterday and I found out she's quitting smoking! She's gotten the patches and inhalator to help her. I'm really happy she's deciding to do so. Although, I asked if her doctor advised her to do it and she said yes. Then I asked her if it was because her condition is getting worse, she just nodded and wouldn't say anything else about it...I can only hope that stopping smoking will help her get better...(Well, at the most tip top she can be...)
-I need to give my room a quick tidy at some point...it's looking a bit messy!
Mar 21 2011, 02:37 PM
--My dentist is great, but every time I get numbed for a filling, he always manages to get the needle in a really painful spot. I'm not exactly a wimp, but the pain always surprises me, and just feels so weird that I start crying.
--My jaw's already been numb for 2.5 hours, and it shows no sign of letting up, like always. I want to be able to eat the cookies I made!
--I'm kinda playing Cinderella this week, but I don't want any company I'm having to think I live in an absolute pigsty!
--Ahh... library books. My salvation.
Mar 21 2011, 04:38 PM
severely agonizing over a test I took last week. I REALLY hope i did better than i did on my first one which wasn't good....
i really hope that i do well on this one to even out my grade for the class. we only have 3 exams and one big presentation (tests are 50% of grade, the presentation is 30%, everything else is 20%)
i am so worried it isnt even funny, i want to know what i got NOW
Mar 21 2011, 07:53 PM
A Pierrot's Aria
- Thanks jacksparrow
Hope your jaw feels better!
- I seriously can't stop crying. Lately I've been trying not to think about how I won't be able to see my best friend when we go away to college. She's been saying, "We'll never be able to see each other" and I've been like, "No, it's okay; I'll take a bus and visit you". I know she's right... I just didn't want to think about it. But I thought about it just now, and I feel so miserable thinking that we only have a few more months to really spend together. Out of all the people I will miss when I go away, I doubt I will miss anyone more than I will miss her.
- Oh a brighter note, I finally finished applying for scholarships.
Mar 22 2011, 02:11 AM
-Been up since 2am... its now 4am...
Tummy isn't feeling all that well...
If you'd like to participate in the Japanese Letters Project please go here
Mar 22 2011, 04:53 AM
@A Pierrot's Aria: I hope your mother can successfully quit. Mine has attempted to several times before, but keeps going back...
@Disasterpiece: I hope you did well in your test!
- So tired... I haven't been able to sleep well lately, and I don't know why...
- I really feel like I need a change of scenery for a while... I should go out somewhere...
Mar 22 2011, 07:30 PM
: It does get stressful when you think about leaving friends, when you leave for college. But if you have a strong friendship, you will make it work. I have two friends, who are a year older than me. One goes to school out of state and several hundred miles away. And the other goes to a school in another country. We make time to see each other.
For some reason I am in the mood to listen to all my J-Rock. I also want more J-Rock. I don't know why I am in this mood, but it is wonderful.CT's:
I did way better on a paper than I thought I would.
On Sunday it was 70 degree Farenheit, where I am from. Then on the first day of spring it snowed. Now it is warm again. Yay! for weather that can't make up it's mind!
Mar 23 2011, 08:41 AM
--Going off to a different college than your friends is very hard, I agree, but, as FMAobsessed
says, you will find ways/time to keep in touch. Between Facebook, skype, email, and phones, I keep up to date with my friends, and when we're all in town, we make sure to plan time to actually see each other. It's not painless, but it goes a long way. You'll be just fine.
--Such a nice day outside... and I have to clean.
--One of my friends is coming over later, though, so hopefully we'll get out then.
--I went into my dad's office yesterday to bring him a few things and say hi to all his coworkers. There was a guy leading some people around, and he was the only one to let me in, but he gave me the third degree for it since I clearly didn't work there.
A Pierrot's Aria
Mar 24 2011, 07:33 AM
I Hope your stomach is feeling better! @Pyroclasm
I hope you manage to get a good sleep! @Razzy
There's not much more that I can add to what FMAobsessed
have already said...they're spot on. It seems difficult and upsetting at first, but there are plenty of ways to keep in contact! There'll be holidays in which you could probably see them again, too. When I was at college before uni, I met an amazing friend and from then on we were practically joined at the hip. We both went on to go to different universities but we still keep in touch and see each other whenever we can.
-The weather has been absolutely glorious for the past few days. And it's the same today! Spring has just started, and the atmosphere is already very summery; people out mowing their lawns, sitting out in parks, wearing sunglasses etc. It's really lovely. Weather like this always puts me in a good mood!
I hope the ice cream van that was out yesterday is out today. I had a strawberry knickerbocker glory yesterday for the first time in years, and it's just as tasty as I remembered!
-I don't know what I've done, but my back is killing me! I'm falling apart at the seams!
Mar 24 2011, 11:48 AM
my ipod is gone
asking people in my dorm where the hell it is because i left it by accident in the common room on our floor
Mar 26 2011, 02:39 PM
--I hope someone steps up and returns your ipod!
--My student ID isn't working--I can't get into any buildings or use it to pay for food! I'm pretty angry about that, since I don't know why this is the case.
--Well, after doing a swtich-o-change-o with my boyfriend (dinner with his family Thursday, dinner with mine Friday), I think we've both got slightly better ideas of where we're coming from.
--After a morning at the mall with my mom, then sushi and taxes with her, and now having made oatmeal-butterscotch-chocolate chip cookies, I'm tired, but happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here