Nov 30 2010, 07:21 PM
Here is to another year.
I feel old.
Dec 1 2010, 06:26 AM
ATTENTION ALL BOARD MEMBERS!!!
There's a new Fan Art Contest taking place! So shoot on over to the thread A Very Merry & Festive FMA Fan Art Contest!
and see what its all about!
I look forward to seeing what kind of art you can come up with! Good luck!
- Fan Art Contest is FINALLY under way!
- 23 days until I leave to California for Christmas! I can't wait to see my mom! Haven't seen her in three years!
A Pierrot's Aria
Dec 1 2010, 08:50 AM
-The chances of me being able to get home this weekend are pretty darn slim. The snow is horrendous. It has been snowing all night and morning and everywhere is absolutely covered; barely any traffic or any people are outside. I stepped out and was literally knee deep in snow and trudged like that to the shop...I nearly slid a few times.
All the lectures were cancelled today but it didn't affect me since I usually have Wednesdays free, anyway...! xD
I'm hoping the snow will stop and what has settled will clear up quickly.
-I got my Latin mock exam results yesterday and I got almost full marks on the translation paper. (2 marks away from full marks). I got marked down on the grammar paper, though, not because I got the answers wrong but because I wrote them in the wrong order. When conjugating a verb we have to put it in the specific order of I, you (singular), he/she/it, we, you (plural), they. But I didn't know that we had to stick to that order at the time of the mock. But I know now.
-I really need to get on with my philosophy essay...
Dec 1 2010, 03:26 PM
- I finished all of my homework, including reading the summarized version of that book I didn't read for school. I feel epic, despite the fact that I'm exhausted.
- I so desperately want to work on plushies... I made an awesomesauce pattern yesterday.
- Why can't tomorrow be Friday? D:
Dec 1 2010, 09:05 PM
--T-minus 21 hours until my third physics midterm. Thirteen days after that, I'll be having my Physics final. *sigh* I can do this!
--CSE has been a real struggle this quarter when it shouldn't have been, but it's also been really fun.
--I burned my tongue on hot chocolate at my dorm's holiday party, but I made a couple new friends and had fun playing Jenga, so it's all good.
Dec 2 2010, 05:03 AM
Welcome to December everybody, hope there's plenty of you who want to take part in our Festive Fanart Contest
- Off on another weekend away, last visit to the city before I move there in the New Year...weather permitting of course.
- Gifts wrapped, took longer than expected, but they can go under the tree once it's up.
Dec 2 2010, 05:44 AM
-Ugh... I spent my day working in an orchard. I got covered in dirt and pollen, and I'm badly sunburned.
- But I have Dark Dawn! Thus, there's no way my day was completely terrible!
Dec 3 2010, 11:34 AM
--I can't win. Asprin does nothing for me, but anything stronger than that (or stronger than anything comparable depending on the type of medicine) and I have some sort of adverse reaction. The caffeine in Excedrin makes me shaky, and my legs keep threatening to collapse under me. That I don't often need to take medication might explain this, but when I do... ugh...
--I read in the paper this morning that the weather across northern Europe isn't so nice at the moment, to put it pretty lightly. I hope any members from affected areas are doing well!
--That Physics midterm last night was not as horrendous as I was expecting. It wasn't great, either, but it didn't make my brain melt. Studying may or may not have helped.
--It might be (read: totally is) cliché, but TGIF. I need the weekend.
Dec 5 2010, 11:45 PM
-Ew. Monday always comes to fast.
-And I have a bunch of late algebra homework.
-And I'm just barely passing Chemistry.
-And the first semester is ending really soon.
-I'd like very much to not fail this semester.
Dec 6 2010, 06:16 AM
@jacksparrow589:I hate Physics, Good Luck for all your upcoming final exam. And I think you need to get a rest. Rest is a better healer than medicines =)
@Rainshine:I'm thinking the same way, I wish that Friday also came so fast.
-I had my accounting quiz yesterday, I was relieved knowing that somehow I got all the answers. The only thing that worries me was whether my answers were correct. I hope I can get an A this time. Last semester, I got an A minus (I honestly hate minus).
-I hate my grammar, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it right. I got a B in English because of that. I thought before that I was good at it but when I entered college and met our English Instructor, I realized I have so much to learn. The time I spend during his class was not enough for me to get better. I'm such a failure. =(
-I don't have a cellphone. My mom took it, she mortgaged it because right now we have financial problems. Why of all things, why it has to be my cellphone. It's so precious, it has a lot of functions, it serves as my alarm clock, my music player (when I'm at school) and my dictionary. I don't get it. . .I hope that one day we could pay all our debts and lived happily.
Dec 6 2010, 05:47 PM
- I'm sorry to hear about your cellphone and everything.
I hope things turn out better for you soon.
- I'll probably be accepted to the college I really like! And it's affordable, even without scholarships. I'm so happy!
- So that horrendous smell coming from my basement was not a dead animal as my family had suspected... It was actually a propane leak. LOLWUT. I can't believe we've had propane leaking for over 3 days. Thank goodness we decided to keep the dog outside this weekend! She would've died down there. D:
- Now that the basement isn't deadly, I can continue my sewing.
- It started snowing today! But only for about 10 minutes.
Dec 6 2010, 06:07 PM
--Thanks for the advice. I try to make sure I get enough rest. I hope things get better for you and your family!Razzy
--A propane leak? Scary!
It sounds like you got it fixed without something really horrible happening, though, so that's good.
--That physics test... What the heck?! I thought I'd done well on the long-answer sections, but apparently, I didn't. (Screw up on the first answer, and, no matter how well you show you know the concepts, they dock you major points.)
--I had a strange dream about a magic show last night. And I'm pretty sure it involved Naruto in some capacity.
--One problem on my CSE homework is being particularly stubborn. I vote it off the island.
(And those last couple physics problems, as well!)
Dec 6 2010, 08:57 PM
I should be reviewing my science lab notes. Instead I am watching the Patriots game.
But it is so worth it because the Pats are killing the Jets!
Karate promotion tomorrow
Dec 6 2010, 11:36 PM
-Ahahaha, I'm so bad at replying to messages. Whenever someone sends me a PM or something, it will usually take me at least a day to reply to it. ;____;
-Got (most of)
my algebra homework done!
I've had a lot of late homework piling up, and now it's (almost)
-Drawing. It is addicting. And usually the days where I just want to sit down and do nothing but draw all day are the days where I have a bunch of homework to do instead.
-Lately I've been having this weird infatuation with rabbits? I love
drawing rabbits. They are the prettiest, most fun things to draw. And to me they just seem so full of whimsy. I dunno. I just love drawing them.
-Lately I've been listening obsessively to A Fine Frenzy. Both albums of hers I own, they're just wonderful. <3
Dec 6 2010, 11:49 PM
- I cannot cope with this terribly humid weather...
- But Dark Dawn is just as great as I hoped!
Dec 7 2010, 07:31 AM
@Razzy: Thank you :) Reading your message made me feel a lot better. Thanks again :) I'm glad to hear you safe! Propane leak is quite frightening. I'll panic if I was in your case XD
@jacksparrow589: Thank you, you guys are awesome! :) I appreciate your concern it helped me a lot.
-I feel alright now. I went to mall and go window shopping with my friends. Although we have nothing to buy, I had a lot of fun. Most of the department store have their discounted products up to 50% off. It's amazing how cheap the products were. I'll save my allowance this semester to buy things for Christmas. (Thanks to my scholarship :D)
-I waited for the lighting up of Christmas Lights in our Town Plaza. It was spectacular! Gazing at those lights made me realize that there's HOPE and GOD will never let me down. :)
Dec 7 2010, 09:52 PM
I probably should have reviewed my science lab notes some more. But hopefully the exam didn't go too bad. I know my professor will give partial credit.
I promoted to green belt on Friday. It was a quick promotion. But it was challenging.
I got to organize my life before finals.
Dec 8 2010, 03:05 PM
-Gosh, it's been forever since I posted here. My life was really hectic for a while. So much to do and so little time.
-Anyway, I'm pretty much done with all of my classes! The only things left for me to do is memorize my lines for my final scene in my acting class, finish a paper I have due Friday, and turn in the final project for my night class.
-Only one final for me this semester!
The rest were all projects and papers that were due a week ago and now I just have to show up during the meeting times during finals week. I thought this would be the calm before the storm, but it looks like there won't be a storm this time!
Dec 8 2010, 08:14 PM
--Lucky you! I wish I had only one final. But no--why one when four will do? FMAobsessed
--Congratulations on making green belt!
--I walked out of my room this morning and grabbed my umbrella, since it was sprinkling. A minute later, when I was at the main doors of my dorm, it was pouring and windy, and I had no time to go back and get a coat and boots. I sat through two hours of classes with my jeans absolutely soaking wet.
--We have the option in my physics class of taking the final, or taking the Z-score average of our three midterms. My Z-score as-is would get me a 2.5, and I stand a fighting chance at doing pretty well on the final, so I'm taking the final, even if it means staying half a day longer than I want to.
--On that note... one more week (almost to the hour!) and I'll be home... *sighs* I can do this. I will study and I will kick butt on my finals!
Dec 8 2010, 09:34 PM
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."
- RIP John Lennon
Dec 9 2010, 03:49 PM
- One of my pieces was selected to be in an art show at a college!
I got it printed really big, and framed and everything. This is really special for me, since only a few students could be selected. Also, I've never had any of my stuff in an art show. I'm so happy, I could cry.
- I HATE cold weather. :C
- I guess season one of 'Regular Show' is over. D: But I can't wait for the next season. That show is so epic.
Dec 9 2010, 04:19 PM
jacksparrow589Oh, trust me, I'm taking advantage of this as much as I can. With a major like mine, it's pretty common that I would have 1-3 finals every semester. I do have major papers and projects that are pretty much finals themselves. They're just due before finals week. During the 2nd semester of my freshman year, I had 5 finals. That was not fun!
-I have a piano recital tonight at my instructor's house. At the end of every semester, she has all of her students play a piece they've learned over the 4 month course. It's nice to see what the other students of her's are learning. Since it's a mandatory recital, it's kind of like our exam for her.
Dec 9 2010, 10:24 PM
-Performing a dance tomorrow in front of my school. Really scared. Kind of trembling right now.
-I don't understand chemistry. At all. But I do try, oh how I try. ;~; I wish our chemistry books would actually explain the stuff we're supposed to be learning...
Dec 10 2010, 04:59 PM
--Congratulations on having your art shown! That's awesome!
--I was sitting in my Weather quiz section this morning when the fire alarm went off. We had even less time than usual to do our quiz, and we had to do course evaluations! My TA taught us while we were outside, though, and she's been awesome all quarter, so she got high marks.
--Well, classes as such are over. *sighs* Time to study!
--Book buyback--I want mah money! Maybe I can buy some actual entertainment books next quarter, but more likely, it'll go toward spring quarter's books if I don't buy those online.
Dec 10 2010, 05:54 PM
- I'm in a foul mood
- I figured out that Beatles Rockband is wicked fun when you sing.... by yourself... lol
- Hope everyone has a great weekend...
Dec 10 2010, 09:17 PM
-History is so messed up. XD I love it. Especially the part about the Romanov family, and Rasputin. Rasputin is just wonderfully creeptastic. :'3
-IT'S FRIDAY. I'M SO HAPPY.
-Performed a dance in front of the entire school today. We sucked. But it was still fun, and as it turns out we weren't as horrible as we thought we were. :'3
-Piggyback races. Are the best things ever.
-It's only about 8:20 right now and I'm already exhausted. Oh, the affects of sleep deprivation. :'3
-brb, going to cuddle under some blankets with a good book~ <3
Dec 12 2010, 06:06 AM
QUOTE (phoenix dying @ Nov 30 2010, 10:21 PM)
Here is to another year.
- Happy birthday! Hope you had a good one!
, and Kale Mustang
, hope you two had great birthdays also! ^^
- Welcome back! Nice to see your posts again!
- Hope everything is going well with your moving. ^^
@A Pierrot's Aria
- Haven't seen your post here for a while... hope you're not getting buried under the snow.
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Dec 9 2010, 12:34 AM)
- RIP John Lennon
- Hear, hear..
- Sorry to hear about your trouble, and losing your cell-phone!
Hope the situation will improve soon and you can get your cell-pone back!
- Ohh, working in orchard sounds interesting!! ...even if that means getting covered in dirt and pollens. ^^
What kind of orchard? And, what do you have to do in the orchard? ^^
- Glad you found out about the Propane leak before anything bad (might have) happened! O_o
Also, congratulations on having your art being selected for the showing at the college! That's awesome!!
- Hope you study well, and good luck with the exams! ^^
- Congratulations for being promoted to Green Belt! ^^
Also, good luck with your Finals! ^^
And, before it gets too late to mention... Nanowrimo Winning Writer
- Being swamped by paper, reports, and all other stuff right now.
- Haven't even started any holiday-gift shopping yet. >.<
Dec 12 2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks! It's nice to be back. Rainshine
I love the story of the Romanov's! Despite how tragic it was, it has touched me ever since I first heard it when I was 10. Yeah, that Rasputin guy was pretty crazy, even for a priest. What's funny is that in the movie, he was responsible for their deaths, when in real life he disappeared long before that. Oh, Hollywood, always having some sort of twist to an original story.
-First blizzard of the season for Michigan today. It looks really pretty when you're watching it inside. Walking in it is another story. A few snowflakes stung my eyes when I was walking back from church today. I miss having contacts.
-5 more days until Christmas break!
Dec 12 2010, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 12 2010, 05:06 AM)
And, before it gets too late to mention... Nanowrimo Winning Writer
I plan on continuing to work on it throughout the year, and hopefully actually finish it someday. Though I still have yet to touch it since the end of NaNoWriMo. ^^;
QUOTE (kimonodragon88 @ Dec 12 2010, 11:10 AM)
Rainshine I love the story of the Romanov's! Despite how tragic it was, it has touched me ever since I first heard it when I was 10. Yeah, that Rasputin guy was pretty crazy, even for a priest. What's funny is that in the movie, he was responsible for their deaths, when in real life he disappeared long before that. Oh, Hollywood, always having some sort of twist to an original story.
Yeah, Rasputin is scary. D: Last night me and a friend decided the the most terrifying thing ever would have to be a mix between a clown, Rasputin, and slenderman. Yeah, movies always twist things. >> Though I thought the movie was pretty good, considering.
-Just finished the lines of an animation!
Yessssss. Now I only have to color it.
-Finished homework at 8 tonight, I think that's a new record, yep yep.
-Tea + Books = omgamazing. <3
Dec 13 2010, 10:14 AM
--Congratulations on your NaNoWriMo accomplishments! A Pierrot's Aria
--Happy birthday to you! (And the same to your sister!) *throws shredded notebook paper in lieu of confetti*
--I understand Turing Machines! YES!
My CSE exam isn't going to be as bad as I thought! (Now I just have to keep this attitude up until tomorrow afternoon!)
--Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night between noisy neighbors, my room being incredibly muggy, and anxiety even though my exams don't begin until tomorrow.
Hopefully tonight goes a little more smoothly.
--For my last night working in the dining hall, my friends wrote me a "hi" message in utensils and a "bye" message in pasta. I know some pretty awesome people.
--Almost there... I can do this!
--Good luck and/or happy thoughts to everyone who has/had exams, projects, or just a stressful time lately!
Dec 13 2010, 08:15 PM
- I love how, if I say, "It's very sad how people shoot wolves from airplanes in Alaska", my parents assume I'm a tree hugger. And then yell at me for showing any kind of sympathy for wild animals. That's really... I don't even know. It just pisses me off. This is why I never talk to my parents; they strictly forbid having a civilized conversation with me.
- I drank my first hot chocolate of the season... it tasted nasty. But it was warm, so it's alright.
- I figured out another reason why I can't wait for college: I can't stand living here. I really can't wait to leave.
- So here's what my weekend was like:
Parents: "Hey, the dog is in pain. We're gonna put her down this weekend."
Us (My brother and I): *sadness*
Parents: "LOL JK! We're gonna keep the dog for a while!"
Us: "...Are you SERIOUS..."
... They do this all the time. There was actually that one time they really were planning it while I had been at a friend's house, and weren't going to tell me until I realized the dog was gone. I think my parents are trying
to turn my brother and I into nervous wrecks.
- So we took the dog to the vet. She has arthritis... So we got her pills, so they should help. And we're NOT gonna put her down. Because, other than the epilepsy and arthritis, she's perfectly happy and healthy. And my brother and I reminded my parents that if they put the dog down before our older brother comes home from Afghanistan, then they're awful people. :'D
- Sorry for typing so much. I'm just... in a bad mood right now. T^T
Dec 13 2010, 10:36 PM
Took my first final today. It was the first final on the first day. I also got not sleep either. But I don't think I did bad on it. It was an English final, so I was able to stretch out my answers. I was lucky with using quotes, as one quote was a quote I used in an essay. I was also lucky because a short answer question was the topic of the same essay as my quote. Then I got the title and author of another quote, by deciding that a Shakespeare quote had to be in the test someowhere. Because lets face it, English professors love Shakespeare!
I got to get through Geology on Wednesday. I am seriously worried about this grade.
Yesterday, my roommate and I were doing laundry. We decided while doing laundry to eat Chinese food with our suitemate. While eating our food, we were listening to Push It
, the Glee cover. When I realized that our laundry was still in the dryers, and had been there for two hours. Why or how the song Push It
reminded me of laundry, I don't know.
Dec 13 2010, 10:49 PM
Wow, your parents have a pretty weird sense of humor joking about putting your dog down. Okay, I didn't really read the whole post.
What happened exactly?Rainshine
It is a good movie. I loved it when I was little. My best friend got it for me on my last birthday.
It's just that movies tend to have the actual facts twisted to have more of a story.
-My finals are over! Woo!
Now, all I have left is to attend the classes during the exam times and watch my classmates perform and present.
Dec 13 2010, 10:56 PM
-I want homework to be over with. Now.
-I reeeaaaallly don't want to have to perform a monologue tomorrow.
-Ohmawgaw, the music video to Disturbia is kind of... well, disturbing. XD
-Still need to do Christmas shopping. Being completely broke makes this hard. :c
Dec 14 2010, 01:12 PM
- Well, it's basically like my parents tell us that they want to put our dog down at the first sign of sickness. But they never go through with it. Mainly because our dog miraculously gets better, or my parents realize that their decisions are too hasty. This time, our dog had a limp, so my parents wanted to put her down. But they were like, "Nevermind. We'll keep her". And they don't realize how upset it makes my brother and I (even though we tell them so). @______@
- I wanna watch 'Rent' tonight. I've never seen it, but I do like the soundtrack.
- I did nothing in school today. In Spanish class, we walked around the hallways, learning mandatos. For example, our teacher would say "Vuelen como aviones" and we pretended to be airplanes... while we walked past the cafeteria full of students who had no idea what we were doing.
It was fun.
- I snowed today!
...But now it's melting... D:
Dec 14 2010, 11:08 PM
-I really wish my teachers would actually tell me when I'm missing a bunch of assignments and I'm failing/about to fail. Especially a certain teacher who never posts grades in their classroom, and you have to wait for your progress report to come along to find out that, lol, you have a D. RAAAAAAAGE.
-Winter break in a few more days! Can't wait.
My grandma is coming to visit.
-Which reminds me, I still have all my Christmas shopping to do. Crapcrapcrap.
-My parents are going to be gone for 3 days this weekend, as is my sister. Oh hello, Dexter marathon.
Dec 15 2010, 05:43 PM
Razzy Okay, I feel a little better about that. When a dog starts acting like it's having problems with their joints or something else because they're aging and you don't know if it's wise to really put them down yet. And it can get a bit frustrating once they miraculously get better. At least your parents aren't doing what my grandpa did with his last dog. His dog had arthritis and he would fall all the time whenever he walked. He would casually walk from one end of the room to the other and all of a sudden BOOM he'd fall to the floor. He was a German Shepherd, so he was a big dog. It wasn't that my grandpa was a terrible owner, he also didn't know if it would be wise to put him to sleep when he could heal on his own.
-2 days left of the semester! I'm all done with my finals, and now I'm wondering what I should do until I have to leave for home on Friday night besides go to work.
Dec 15 2010, 09:13 PM
- Yeah, it's a tough call.
My dog is a German Shepherd too, so she has problems with her joints and whatnot. But she seems happy and healthy otherwise, so we're going to keep her for as long as possible.
- I'm reading DYAC. Wow. I literally cannot stop laughing. XD Why is auto correct so... terrible? It seems as though it just "corrects" normal words into dirty words.
- I have to finish my project tomorrow. DO NOT WANT. Though I guess that's what I get for procrastinating.
- I just finished watching 'Rent'. It was awesome. I cried.
Dec 16 2010, 02:34 AM
Rainshine - to some degree I think it's better to leave gift buying until later unless you're after something specific. All the sales start now so you probably end up spending less on the items you'd have been buying anyway.
Razzy - as long as she seems happy, that's what counts.
kimonodragon88 - easy...party!
- Oh it's a very dark day. We finally get rid of the snow and it's going to be back. Still in comparison to elsewhere I can't complain...we just don't seem to handle it as well as most countries.
- Last few gifts to wrap still. Christmas Day being on a Saturday makes it feel like there's still ages to go oddly.
Dec 16 2010, 07:32 AM
- Nothing like getting into a snowball fight with Chiyo
even though we live on oposite sides of the Atlantic...
- 9 days until I see my mom! yay!
- I found out there's NO SHOWERS for coach passengers on the train in which I'm taking... I'm in coach... 40 hours of funk... yikes...
- We were supposed to get snow last night, but we didn't...
Dec 16 2010, 09:12 AM
--The city I live in (a port city, so not a lot of snow) pretty much shuts down when there's more than 6 inches of snow. It's rather ridiculous. I feel your pain.
--DONE WITH FINALS!
--This, however, apparently does not stop me from realizing all the stupid little mistakes I made in the middle of the night, preventing me from sleeping.
--During my Physics final yesterday, my professor wrote on the overhead (once half the exam had passed) exactly this: "HALF TIME! Interesting lunch today... brb BEHAVE" 1) I had no idea he had that good of a grasp of English internet slang. 2) He walked out of the room, and besides someone joking, "What's number 5?", we were completely silent. My class's integrity gives me hope.
--In a sleepy daze, I came up with several creative words last night. "Spatulating implement" and "laundrify" are pretty self-explanatory. "Un-thing", however, requires defining: To remove new Christmas tree lights from their packaging.
Dec 17 2010, 05:58 AM
It's a cherry orchard. Picking cherries. Well, I've been doing more processing than picking of late. And the problem with getting covered in pollen is that I get hayfever...@Razzy:
I have an old dog with arthritis as well. As long as she's happy, and not in so much pain it would be cruel to keep her alive, we're not going to have her put down. She's a sweet ol' gal, after all.
- Wow... I really don't know where to start... With the bad, I guess.
- So my sister's boyfriend nearly died the other day. He was working out on a fishing boat. Both he and the skipper were asleep when the boat started taking on water. The emergency pump failed, and the bilge alarm didn't go off to alert them. If he hadn't woken up when he did, they'd both be at the bottom of the ocean now. Thankfully, the skipper was well prepared for the situation, and they set off the emergeny beacon before getting into a life raft. A nearby cargo ship tried to help them out, but they nearly got sucked into its propeller. They had to row away from the ship so they wouldn't get killed by it. But the rescue helicopter showed up not long after. The important thing is that they're both alive and avoided any major injuries. And they're both never going to set foot on a boat again.
- Do you ever have people you just wish you had no relation to, despite how bad that may sound? My eldest sister is one of them, as sad as it is. I haven't seen or heard from her in months, maybe even a year or so, but I ran into her today when I was out shopping with my mother. She asked to borrow some money from mum, saying she needed 20 dollars because she hadn't been paid yet. Mum lent her the money, and we went our separate ways, having shopping we needed to do. But we ran into her again maybe an hour later, as she was coming out of a bottle shop. She then tried to lie, saying that she had bought a coke there... Because coke bottles have totally different shapes now, and are put in brown paper bags that need to be stuffed quickly out of sight, apparently. If you're going to use the money to buy alcohol, that's up to you. Just don't go lying about it, and expect people to be stupid enough to believe you.
- My eldest aunt is a crazy awesome person.
Every time I get to see her, I always end up in hysterical laughter. She always puts me in a good mood.
- Definite upside of my day is that I found and bought a Triforce t-shirt. ~
Dec 17 2010, 06:53 AM
My god sounds crazy! I hope your brother is doing well
- So I was on icanhascheezeburger and I found this... gave me a good chuckle... Deadly Sins
- Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Dec 18 2010, 10:02 AM
...I really need to frequent the forum again instead of posting, then abandoning it for a few months xD
Razzy - My parents are homophobes who are deeply offended by my desire to see the Scott Pilgrim movie (and they have no idea that I've read all the graphic novels) =.= I understand your pain, really.
- So. I LOST EVERYTHING ON MY HARD DRIVE~ DX
I never backed it up, so when Yeats' suffered kernel panic, nothing could be done for it >>; I had no choice but to clear the hard drive and reinstall the OS.
- My hard drive wasn't the only thing that crapped out; Yeats' power adapter started smelling of methane and making a high-pitched whirring sound. Guess what? That meant it was failing =.= My new one came yesterday, but I'd been completely computerless for nearly a week~ o.e
- Have a church Christmas party to go to tonight. Hoping it'll be better than last year's xD
- I'm playing my first Pokemon game! 8D ...well, actually, I played a bit of Red in grade school, but it was on a friend's GameBoy, so I only played it a few times.
Anyway, tis Sapphire o3o I like it, but since I'm most familiar with the original 250 Pokemon, I'm a little baffled by some of the creatures in the game xD But whatever; right now I'm trying to catch Rayquaza o.e
Dec 18 2010, 07:08 PM
- Haven't posted here in forever
- Why is my hamster still alive? We don't pay any attention to him anymore. Even the cats don't care about him....
- I love playing on audiotool.com. It's like musical therapy: http://www.audiotool.com/project/arche289
- Kids are getting older. Now they're 10 & 3.
- Maybe I'll try to poke around a bit later.
Dec 18 2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome back, ἀρχή
And nice to also see you back, Rosi
That must be so annoying... my parents are homophobes, though I don't think they'd mind me seeing Scott Pilgrim. I mean, I just saw Rent the other day, and I'm pretty sure they know what that's about. They're lenient with that, but other things... they're extremely difficult. And sorry about your hard drive! That's awful. D:
Good luck with the snow, Chiyo
! D: Here, we were supposed to get a huge Nor'easter this weekend, but it looks like that's not gonna happen.
- I had a Secret Santa with my friends today~ It was so much fun! I bought these adorable red star-shaped and green tree-shaped marshmallows and we played chubby bunny. XD
- It's not even midnight... and I'm not very tired.
- My parents are getting me a new upright piano tomorrow!
It's apparently gorgeous. I asked my parents what would become of my old piano, and they said, "We're going to smash it to pieces." And I was sad. It's a cruddy piano, but I've had it for 5 years, and I don't want to simply throw it away. It was there for me as a beginner- It wasn't the prettiest thing, but I could play it just as well as I needed it to. And if I bought it back then, why wouldn't someone else take it now, someone who simply wants to get a feel for the instrument? It's in a better shape now than it was 5 years ago, actually. It's rare that anyone would take it, but it just seems like a waste. Also, I'm a bit sentimental about it... It was my first piano. ;______;
Dec 19 2010, 12:00 AM
-Oh my goodness, I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper. That has to be one of the most tragic books I have ever read. It's definitely up there with Brokeback Mountain.
-Today was a quiet day. I was hoping to do to a movie, but my friend backed out last minutes. :c Poopoo.
-On a more cheery note, J came over and brought fudge. Really really good fudge. It's all I can do to keep myself from eating the entire box and feeling like a glutton afterwards. >>
-Yesterday sucked. Today is a little better, but I still feel broken inside. Here's hoping each day keeps getting better than the one before it.
-Still no Christmas gifts, lol. I've been working on a Secret Santa, but it's only half done. I still have yet to color it.
Dec 19 2010, 05:02 AM
- thanks, the snow has stopped for now but unfortunately the whole town is a sheet of ice. It's amazing how long it takes to get from A to B when you're crawling at snails pace. Razzy
- is there someone you could donate the piano to, someone who needs one but maybe can't afford a brand new one? So it can carry on being loved and you'll know it'll have gone to a good home?Rainshine
- everyone turns in to a glutton when we're surrounded by lovely food. Don't feel guilty.ἀρχή
- glad to see you pop on and say hello Rosicrucian
- I only played Yellow and never went any further, 150 was enough for me to cope with, 250 would be the death of me!Scar
- you too, have a funky time
- The tree is up and decorated, the rest of the house is slowly being adorned with festive cheer and the goose is in the freezer. Only 6 days to go.
- Think my back has finally righted itself, no longer doping up on painkillers to get through the day.
Dec 19 2010, 06:47 PM
@Razzy- I would take it, but I couldn't pay for it D: And well... now way to get it >.>
@Rosi- I remember my first Pokemon game, Crystal version <3 Better hurry up on those Pokemons though, as Black and White version come out early 2011~!
As for me, and most others, Bulbasaur through Celebi are considered the 'originals'. Johto is actually considered part of season 1.
Johto is also my personal favorite <3
I haven't posted here in forever, lol.
I've started sewing my first cosplay. I... don't think it's the best, but I think it's pretty damn good. The patterns were a bit confusing, and I'm sure my cutting is fail. But! This is the first time I've EVER made anything like this, so it's meh. I promised though, that whatever my first handmade cosplay was, a year later I would remake it with a years worth of skills.
I'll post pics if anyone cares~
Ah, Xmas is coming up. I, am excited. I hope to get/buy many new copics, as I love those things. I've grown to love traditional art much more than digital, I must admit.
-I'm hungry... but not really in the mood for anything in particular. Actually mashes potatoes sound really good atm.
-I need to stop disappearing from here >_>;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here