QUOTE (Nuclear Alchemist @ Jul 21 2010, 07:36 AM)
-I returned from school (my Physics teacher gives me exercices and books for the national contest that will be on 8 August)
- Study well, and good luck with the National Physics Contest in August!
QUOTE (Razzy @ Jul 23 2010, 02:04 AM)
- I'm the only member online right now. Scary. D8 Maybe that means I should go to bed now. >_______>;;;
- Gahaha, yes indeed. Lots of regulars happen to be off to vacationing or busy with other real life engagements or having trouble with the Internet service provider and can't get on the Net, including our board staff, or quite sick (like me
) this week. Hopefully they can be here next week. ^^ And, hope you'll get well soon also!
QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Jul 23 2010, 01:09 PM)
-Sooo...I could force myself to learn computer programming that would help me get a job for $30 an hour...or I could just stick with the lack of skills I have and go for minimum wage. Oooh, decisions, decisions~
- Suffer now and laugh later. No pain, no gain.
And, if you decide to take the course, good luck with your study. ^^
QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Jul 23 2010, 12:40 PM)
-Finally I have a chance to log on to forums. Haven't posted in a long time.
- Welcome back! Nice to see your posts again!
Sorry to hear that you couldn't attend the Comic Con!
Hope you'll enjoy the rest of your stay in San Diego!
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Jul 23 2010, 01:03 PM)
-Woke up feeling really ill today x_x possibly from sketchy Chinese food consumed last night in an effort to dull the pain of a horrible day at work.
- Oh, no, hope you feel better soon!!
And I hope you'll have a super awesome time on your vacation in August! ^^
QUOTE (Rosicrucian @ Jul 22 2010, 08:09 AM)
-Anyone hear what's going on with OneManga? ... Pisses me off, really: Now I have to resort to reading the crappy English translated ones with blocky English suffixes.
- Heh, this sounds like OneManga had some kind of quality controls over translations in the scanlations it hosted. xp(I wish it were >.<)
Anyway, if you have particular scanlations done by particular scanlation groups, you may like to check the credit page of these scanaltions and jot down all their names and site addresses so that possibly you'll know how to contact them after these scanlations on OneManga disappears. ^^
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Jul 23 2010, 01:18 AM)
As for OneManga, try looking at MangaFox and MangaReader. There are LOADS of manga scanlation sites lol.
- Scanlations on MangaFox are also disappearing, and so as on most of other major "free" manga reading sites. The larger ones had received letters from the coalition of manga publishers, while some other smaller ones are voluntarily closing shops.
As for OneManga, we knew this was coming, as the writing has been on the wall for months now. And, this whole latest development was happening as the start of our FMA manga re-reading project was approaching on our board, so the project team had to write plan A, plan B, plan C, even plan D contingency plans, and we had to adjust as the time progressed and the development unfolded. >.< (as some of you know part of it. ^^)
But anyway, yes, I saw that many of the regular readers of OneManga site were hit with the news yesterday, and I feel for their surprise.
I hope that some other alternative forms of digital manga reading that are currently in development will establish themselves well and can give us manga fans other viable alternative source of reading manga soon. (...get off the soap box before I fumble down on the box. XP)
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jul 22 2010, 11:04 AM)
I personally like Viz, they're good on the whole, but their mistranslation of some words can be hilarious. Like in one of the FMA light novels I have, Lieutenant Havoc was misspelled/mistranslated as Lieutenant Haddock. xD I like that they don't use the suffixes, as I find that there's no need for them. Del Rey are okay too; they usually explain why some of the text is changed at the end and it's usually to make more sense to us westerners, which I don't mind because then I get it.
@A Pierrot's Aria
- I agree. Even with all the stuff we make fun of regarding Viz's translations, overall I take Viz over many others. ^^
- My Net connection is working quite well, for a change!! Yay!!
- Of course, this happens on the day I'm sick and barely able to concentrate. Booo
- I think I'm having a bad case of Summer cold.
- I have fever, and coughs, and yikes, my whole body is aching. >.<
- The cold medicine is keeping me up and somewhat going, but I keep making many "oops" mistakes.