-Geez, I haven't posted anything in a while. X3 *has also been slacking majorly on visiting the forum in general~* Hope the other moderators are doing well (same goes for all the random forumers I haven't talked to in so long).
- Merry Christmas everyone, though the greeting's a bit belated. I recieved a lot of chocolate-related presents this year for some reason...XD Also got a bunch of bookstore gift cards—no idea what to do with them now since I don't really buy translated manga anymore, though...
- At the start of this month, I scuttled off to NYC with a friend to take the JLPT (Japanese Language Profficiency Test). Blah, signing up for level II was probably such a mistake, even if taking level III would be pretty useless...I didn't recognize most of the kanji and had to guess right and left, and then when we got to the grammar section (which is supposed to be my strong point) I still
had a wonderful time trying to guess my way around all the kanji stuffed in the reading passages. XD At one point I glanced at my watch and was like "Ok, I've got less than half the time left, and I'm on....question 17 (out of 65), OH CRAP
*starts skipping entire passages and guessing randomly* >DD" So yeah, if I pass (60% cutoff), it'll be out of sheer dumb luck, which rarely happens...but hey, I won't find out either way until like March. XD ("Why do they need four months to grade tests if the entire freaking thing is multiple choice on scantron?" "Who knows...")
Anyhow, it was still a fun day, I visited three Japanese bookstores, and Columbia University was lovely, regardless of having to climb that pile of stairs to reach room 702.
- I spent last week being sick with a nice little variety of things—sore throat, ear infections, random cramps, hackly coughing, a runny nose, etc. >D Currently I'm right on the threshold of complete recovery, but my singing voice is still off taking an extended holiday vacation somewhere...>.> *was hoping to record some seasonal randomness to post*
- A friend and I decided to be rash for once and audition for this big seniors-only solo in the song 'O Holy Night' for the winter choral concert. While on stage I made a shocking realization: ":O Zwomg-ishy everyone's looking down at their scoring papers and not staring at meee—waaaait, but then what the heck are they writing down on there!? >DD" The teacher averaged up all the results and apparently I was ranked 16th out of the 21 who auditioned—which isn't good
by any means, but hey, for the first time that I've ever tried out for anything it's not bad
, either. >3 (Besides, the results were pretty close since so many people messed up from nervousness)
- Fencing team has been doing spectacularly this year; we just had our first 3 meets of the season last week and won all of them. It's too bad I can't quite say the same for myself, though. XD I've mostly just been walking around as the unofficial team photographer, but they let me fence one random bout and I totally skewered it because my point control was off. In hopes of remedying this, I signed up for a 5-day fencing camp at the local club, which so far has been...exhausting but a whole lot of fun, actually (dunno if being whipped around on the strip by random kids half my age is supposed to qualify as "fun," but whatever—oh, oh! But I found out today that this one girl currently has my 4th grade teacher, that was exciting~
☆). Just one more day to go, so let's hope I stay aliive~
*is determined to claw her way back onto the varsity lineup before the first week of the new year is over*
- I have a brand-new foil~
It's all like black
~ ..and I'm convinced that it's eeevil
(or at least harbors a malicious side). >.> I tried it out briefly today and the very first thing that it did was jab the other girl's knuckles on her fencing hand...maybe including that kanji for 'oni' (鬼) in its name wasn't such a great idea... >XD;
- On Friday I dragged my friend down a random hallway to say that I liked him and was going to spend Christmas break getting over those feelings. It actually didn't go too badly at all (although at one point I almost called him gay by accident—now that was pretty funny..XD)
, so I've been in good spirits. *can't help wondering if it's really supposed to be this easy*
- Hahaha, who would've thought that my yearbook quote would actually get rejected~ XD
(because apparently backwards Japanese isn't acceptable, lawls.)
Rather than just descrambling those (because that would just destroy the whole point), I ended up picking out some other random lyrics that I thought were nice and resubmitted a translation of those.
; *sticks the original quote into her profile for anyone who's interested in seeing the gibberish*
- Ah, and in other news, EKE got into college. X3 It looks like I'll be staying in NJ for the next couple of years while I attend the state university's school of nursing...ish. :3 *is soo convinced that the only reason she got in is because she was pushed into applying at the start of September*
- So many people right and left being rather absorbed by whatever particular video game they're getting into...I don't have any of the spiffy new game systems (or most of the older ones too, for that matter), so I can't really join in, which probably works for my benefit, anyway. :}
- Wow, 2006 is going to be over in a couple days. It's been a crazy year for EKE. X3
- Um...yeah, I'm kinda out of potentially-interesting-but-decidedly-useless things to stick in this post, soo...minasan, behave nicely, or else?
I don't know... *waves around the new black and shinnyyy foil*