Allow me to rant about the fencing tournament a day late...Kinou no Koto
- Arrgh, I fenced so poorly~! >D My hand was like, not awake enough to grip the foil properly for most of the morning, and I bombed a handful of easy bouts....the two times I actually did win my own bouts, we still ended up losing the round~ My other teammates were stuck trying to yank up my score half the time...
*was dragging down the squad practically all day...*
I should not have stayed up to 12:30 reading Bleach, dangit. >D
- They completely changed the setup of the tournament this year~
We were split up into pools of 8 schools each, ranked according to those results, and then placed in direct elimination rounds.
*cringes at that last part*
The scoring was really different, too....usually, you just have 3 bouts against the other team and count the number of victories/touches, but they came up with some sort of cumulutive system where the C fencers fence to 5 points, B fencers fence to 10, and the A fencers get to fence until one side emerges with 15 points (or if the 3-minute time limit runs out, whoever has the higher total score wins). I think I kind of preferred the going around and fencing every single school method, but they had 40 teams present this year (more than double the number from last year), so there was absolutely no way we could've crammed that into a single day...XD
- We scraped out four wins during pool bouts, with an initial rank of 19th. We also managed to win our first DE 9-8, but lost the second one 11-15...we were so close to making top 8....
Ah well, top 16-ishy isn't too bad, I suppose.
It's better than what I think most of us were expecting. >3
We left at 5 PM, so I don't know what our exact final ranking is.
- I think I'm starting to develop that habit of yelling when I stab my opponent during a bout....
- I got two yellow cards and a red card during pools.
GAH~~!!! Why has the forum been down so long? >D
*just had to laugh at that...* XD
Although, I admit it's been trying my patience as well.
-kun: Perhaps we should consult bryantq
-sama about it.
Apparently the server has been pickling out on its own.......