QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Aug 13 2005, 12:42 PM)
I have about a week to finish this AlcoholEDU course requirement online before I start school. Thing is, the course requires Flash7 to run, which I have, but the site has trouble recognizing it. So about 1 out of 10 attempts to do the course actually follow through. Surprise, surprise, it worked on the first try this morning, but I find that it starts me off at a section I've already done, and there's no way to skip ahead or speed up the lesson. So I'm waiting for it to play out...waiting...waiting...waiting...
Ha! Next section, here I come!
edit: This section includes an exercise that calculates the BAC curve of someone with the attributes you enter...but it won't load...IT WON"T LOAD...grr...so I'm still waiting...waiting...waiting...damn NEXT button doesn't work, either...grrrr...
edit: Dammit, BAC curve, calculate! CALCULATE!!!
ahah....two of my Berkeley friends ranted to me about the Alcohol EDU thing yesterday while we killed time before church by playing pingpong. Carnegie Mellon students have to take it too, apparently. i don't think RISD'll make us do it, but i'm crossing my fingers just in case. my friends say it wasn't hard, though, just annoying to sit through.
- T__T a truckload of my friends will be off to move into Berkeley next Sunday.....i can't get my head around the fact that we're really going to college. most of them are UC-bound, but i'll have three in the MA-RI area keeping me company. but i can't believe they're leaving...!
- speaking of which....mei
, if i go with some of my friends to help them move-in (either Clark Kerr or Foothill), wanna meet up at Cal?
what time will you and your family get there on Sunday?
- oh, and apologies for my absence lately, not that any of you have noticed....my router's been dying frequently, and my dad threatened to rip up my commission piece if i didn't finish it....so i've been busy drawing and rewiring things and whatnot. i'll probably be on more now that the commission's finished; all that's left there is to price it. i wasn't thinking more than $50, but my art teacher was shocked at how cheap that was, and was personally thinking $200+. so i still have some thinking to do there.
- i can't believe we're leaving for college...! one best friend at UC Berkeley, one at UC Davis, and one at UC San Diego, sob.
- yesterday was....interesting. there was a barbeque at church, and my friend and i arrived a little earlier than most of the congregation so she and the rest of the worship team could practice their songs. as usual, i brought a book and sat in their little partitioned-off section of the room, this time also to escape the smoke from the barbeques outside. before starting their prayer, though, i heard the leader say something like "we're going to do a LOT of praying today." and then, instead of their normal group prayer, they all started mumbling their own....and it went on, and on, and on for the longest time. i wasn't paying much attention at first, since i was engrossed in David Sedaris's "Me Talk Pretty One Day," until i noticed how loud some of the prayers had gotten and that some people were sniffing and crying while praying. it was kind of....weird to be sitting apart and watching in the first place, but my book was so funny that i had to stifle my laughter so not to disturb the solemnity of the atmosphere. so there i was, trying my best to turn my snorts of laughter into coughs while reading about David Sedaris and his French class is trying, in broken French, to describe Easter and Jesus ("'He calls his self Jesus and then he die on day on two...morsels of...lumber.' The rest of the class jumped in, offering bits of information that would have given the pope an aneurysm"), and the praying circle in the middle of the room is sobbing over their gratefulness for God's love or whatever exactly they were praying about. in short, it was....awkward. i'm surprised God didn't smite me or anything.
- damn it, what is with the stupid threads in Character Discussion? i need more reasons than "this is plain stupid; pardon me while i exorcise the rabid fangirl from your body" to close some of them, which is irritating me. xrninja: Forum Fun-sucker extraordinaire.
- *waves at Coffee*
- my friend came back from HK and got me a FMA poster, FMA Gashapon keychains, and the FLCL OST 3 (all Pillows goodness! yay~). i have a friend off to Japan soon; i should give her money and have her buy me omiyage.
- i took another friend to buy a Gackt CD at the little stationery store in Mitsuwa, which i haven't been in in years and did not know they now sold anime stuff, CDs, and manga now. i don't get why the CD's are so fricking expensive in Kinokuniya, but across the parking lot in Mitsuwa, they're normally priced. the cashier in the stationery store is also really cute. :-P
- my friend made me download 13 episodes of Damekko Doubutsu, so i don't have any space left for new episodes of Bleach, Naruto, or FMP. and my burner, like my router, is sucking and dying. ToT