QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 30 2005, 10:26 PM)
I thought that thing looked familiar. I thought it was from Dark Crystal first time I saw it. But I miss Animal.
i miss Animal too.
i used to just watch your avatar during the duller forum patrols...
- i had to entertain my aunt's godchildren over lunch today....even though we've only met three or so times, the two of them practically idolize me (plus, i give one of them all of my too-small clothes, which she loves). and they like anime, which made conversation easy. they drew me a nice card with a samurai guy on front, and inside they wrote some messages wishing me "good luck at your college in Vermont!" ah well, Vermont, Rhode Island, same thing. i also got a red envelope with $150 from their mom.
i gave the brother the box of 40 volumes of Detective Conan in Japanese from my trunk, and the sister a The Dog pillow i had originally bought for a friend's birthday present and decided to give to the sister randomly. no need for me to be stingy, especially when they just gave me $150....
- aghh....i'm learning Chinese painting, guo hua, and it's so difficult....water-based media has never been my forte, though i'm proficient enough at gouache, but guo hua is a lot trickier to work with than watercolor, which i neither like nor am good at, since you're only working with the color black and a lot of water, and the paper's so absorbent that it's not possible to try to undo mistakes. it's a lot of fun, though, since i've always liked guo hua....it's just that now my right hand is kind if numb from being forced to hold the brush properly and vertically for a very long period of time.
- my twigs are looking decent now, my branches and trunks are improving, but my blossoms are butt-ugly. some of them do actually look like butts. i just can't delicately paint petals. my branches look like they're growing rock-butts.
- there are a couple Chinese performances going on tonight. we had to drop off my mom at one and my grandparents at another, so me, my dad, and my sister killed time in Palo Alto and Los Altos until their performances ended. we drove around Stanford for a bit, and finally ate at the Los Altos Grill, which is incredibly good. since my dad didn't want to drive because he had a few glasses of wine and my sister became the designated driver, i got to finish off the bottle of Merlot. 2002 from Frog's Leap Winery in Napa (my dad pronounces it "Frog Lips"), good stuff. i had to drink it when our waiter wasn't looking, though, since my dad told her i was underage when she asked if we wanted three glasses of Merlot. bah.
- speaking of Chinese performances....i have to have at least four designs for the Quyi project done before the meeting tomorrow, and if i can, four for Peking Acrobats. damn it all.