edsgirl withdrawal? you poor thing.
- i didn't have art class today because of July 4th and people going on vacations, so i ended up being dragged all over the place by my mom and dad (the cemetery, grocery store, bakery, bank, post office....). we also went to an art supply store to check on their prices on certain things, since i have to buy as many supplies as i can in CA and i'm going to a big art store in Berkeley tomorrow, and as we're asian, we buy things where they're cheapest. finally, after that, we went all the way to Millbrae (kind of close to SF) to drop off my grandparents at a restaurant for one of their friend's 90th birthday celebration
. we drove around for a bit and finally drove to Burlingame for (a very good) Italian dinner, and then went across the street to waste more time in Draeger's before picking them up. in short, nothing interesting happened today. spent too much time stuck in the car, which is also going to happen tomorrow. T_T
- church on Friday night was interesting...there weren't that many people in the congregation, since most of them are at a conference in LA, and instead of Bible studies, we watched a DVD on the Passion Tour, since they've apparently been talking about religious revival lately (and now i really want to go to a Passion concert). there was also a looot more praying than usual, because one of the guys is going to (or by now, is in) China for a mission trip. it's a lot riskier than the usual trips to Mexico and South America, though, since the government doesn't allow missionaries. so yeah, a lot to pray for, so we spent forever on just his prayer....moving, but tiring after awhile.
- my friend had to practice with the worship team after fellowship, though, so i got to chat with the sophomore-ish boys and explain to them the benefits of slacking through high school.
- watched Samurai Champloo on AS an hour ago...i'm glad they kept most of the rapper's "lines" from the original (except for the last few "jibby-jibby-jin" parts, noo! or maybe i'm just remembering things incorrectly). at first i was pleased that they tried to pronounce "Jin" like it sounds in japanese, but after hearing it a few more times, it's being pronounced like "Jeeeen." now i know why people think he's named Gene/Jean.
- ....i should really get started on signing the four or five yearbooks on my floor. i think Yuu wants his when he gets back from Japan (though i don't intend on returning it if he didn't buy me anything), and penguin wants his back in 7 weeks, when he gets back from Taiwan (same goes for him and souvenirs).
- oh yeah, so during my shopping trip on Friday, i ended up spending $40 of my $70...$30ish on Fruits Basket volume 10, Eyeshield21 volumes 1 & 2, a pack of FMA cards, and then $10 on two new drafting pencils. so, no clothes...oh well.
- Furuba 10! i was half reading it, half doodling (before a friend at church stole my sketchbook, and i chased after him, grabbed his arms, and delivered a flying knee to the crotch...) before church. Hatori/Mayu! definitely my favorite Furuba couple, glad it got some, ah, page-time.