- got new glasses frames, for the first time in 6 years. my right eye is having issues adjusting, though my left eye seems to be semi-adjusted and my presciption hasn't changed at all.
- chinese school graduation was friday night was....interesting. first off were the really nice red rose corsages, which had a giant straight pin stabbed into the side for us to attach to our shirts. unfortunately, there was no good way to do that, so they kept sliding off. then after some speeches, we had to go up and read our essays on "my ideal boyfriend/girlfriend" individually before we could get our diploma. from K to 11th grade, i've been behind Laurie Shyr on the roster, and so after her name was called, i was all ready to get up -- and then the emcee guy called the next name, "Sun Yi *pause* An." and i was confused, since my name is Sun Yi Ling. i got up anyway, and everyone was cheering, and then they all paused, and i was halfway up the steps before my class went "no! come back, lauren!!" i completely forgot about the two Su siblings who transferred in this year, Su Yi An and Su Re Xiang.
but the guy mixed up our two names, so at least it wasn't just me being stupid. and then when he was going to call Su Re Xiang's name, he ended up calling "Su *pause* Yi Ling."and finally for my turn, i went up (and my corsage fell off) and read my "essay," and i almost forgot to take my diploma before i left the stage. -____-
- prom! prom was fun. my allergies this week accumullated into a cold, which surfaced yesterday on prom day, but it wasn't too bad. my date's vest didn't come in time so he had to rush to buy a new one and was rather late for our photo appointment, but we still got a photo slot and he brought me roses in apology, so it's all good.
and the Palace Hotel in SF is gorgeous...food wasn't as good as last year, though. the DJ was probably the best we've had so far for a dance. i was thoroughly pooped by the time we boarded the bus at midnight, and i wanted to lean back and sleep, but i had a thousand bobby pins stabbed into my hairdo, which would start poking into my scalp. then i contemplated using my date's shoulder as a pillow, since tux's have big cushy shoulder pads, but i think he rented it and i didn't really want to muck it up. so i ended up making sleepy conversation for an hour, and then wobbled home with my friend and after prying apart our hairdos and extracting bobby pins, conked out in my room to rest up for FanimeCon.
- Fanime....aaaah, i blew so much money on stuff in the dealer's room! i ran around there in ecstasy for three hours. i bought a pin of Midou Ban from Getbackers, an FMA trading arts set 2 figure (it turned out to be Lust, so i was kind of disappointed), a gashapon Hawkeye keychain, a Neji keychain, a Bleach can-badge of Ichigo and a metal pin of his hollow mask, the Naruto manga artbook, a poster from the FMA Tales of Another Festival, and a poster of Ichigo for the Bleach DVD release.
i wanted to buy FMA shirts, but they weren't very nice looking (there were more than just those two that are sold at Hot Topic) and the dub logo was slapped everywhere. the Bebop t-shirts were nice, but i forgot to go back and get one. T__T there was also a really nice Samurai Champloo sidebackpack thing, but it was $32. oh, and mongooseboi
got five volumes of Mahou Sensei Negima. $50, that's hardcore.
the cosplayers were also really....ugh. i have yet to see an Ed cosplay that doesn't make me cringe. there was this little girl dressed up as Tenten and her mom as Neji, though, and it was so cute. there was also a Sasuke with a creepily life-like Orochimaru torso draped on his back and the head (complete with long tongue) on his shoulder.
- oh yeah. my cold erupted today, so i was dying all day and i was dying particularly badly and messily around 3:00, when i spotted a Lust cosplayer coming in. i wasn't sure if it was mini
, though, and i was too embarrassed to go up and ask. ("hey, excuse me, i was just wondering, are you registered on an FMA forum as "envy's lil miniskirt?" no? then, er....sorry.") i spent a few minutes squinting at the Lust cosplayer's badge in an effort to read the fan name, but i was wearing my new glasses that are currently convoluting everything i see, and i didn't succeed. and then i went into another sneezing fit and figured it'd be best for me to go home. mini
, you did
cosplay as lust, right?