Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 50 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Saturn Stars
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 50 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 13.

=================

This is a post to celebrate the anticipated release of chapter 50! I am suprised no-one has made a thread yet. So... does anyone have the raw yet?

<Last edited by Michiyo- on May. 15, 2011>
Satsuka
I heard that Ch. 50 is out on the 12th!
tathchan
Heh, I was going to start this thread today if no one else did.... tongue.gif The "official" release of ch. 50 is the 12th, right? (Just checking. I don't have the last chapter in front of me.) But we had the raw of ch. 49 around the 10th last month, didn't we?

*sits back to wait*
«°~Envy™~°»
I made a comment about this in the sticky thread about the chapters
MasterKris
So we have to wait for two more days?? huh.gif
Senefen
One more day if its jap time ^^, as write this its approx 9am 11th Aug jap time. Should be out soon. biggrin.gif Umeko will have the weekend to do it again (we loooooove you!).

I almost forgot about it this month O.o, it crept up on me. Mind you I got all of bleach, death note, d.gray man and tsubasa RC in the last 2 months or so, plus schools been hectic tongue.gif. God bless www.stoptazmo.com. ^^ they also have fruits basket (got that ages ago from another source)
Random Person
QUOTE(Satsuka @ Aug 10 2005, 07:54 PM)
I heard that Ch. 50 is out on the 12th!
[snapback]248209[/snapback]

Heh heh cool, that means it'll come out on my birthday. tongue.gif
I cant wait till it comes out, I've been waiting forever!
Willow
v.v I hope I get to read it soon....!
Ruzzy
To celebrate the up-and-coming release of chapter 50, I bring you (through the power of alchemy, of course) the summary of chapter 49, so that all our minds may stay fresh on the subject of what just happened. And, if that's not enticing enough, I also bring the recap to you in color!

They're not in spoiler tags, because the pictures wouldn't disappear anyway, so I just changed the font color. If someone will tell me a way to hide the pictures too, I will. But for now, I hope this is okay, well, since we're in the chapter 50 thread anyway. There's also a tiny anime spoiler right off the bat. You've been warned.

Spoilers!

IPB Image

Alright, so we start out with Wrath and Pride talking to one another. Pride thinks that Wrath is being too soft with the Elrics and Mustang; Wrath thinks that they're interesting.

Meanwhile, Envy is torturing Dr. Marcoh:

IPB Image

by eating his food and trying to let him figure out the Homunculus' (and Father's) plans. More importantly, though, he talks about Maes!

IPB Image

and brags about killing him. How rude!

IPB Image

Then Wrath comes and yells at him to go fetch Gluttony, who's tearing it up elsewhere.

That elsewhere is where Mustang and his crew have broiled up the Homunculus' temper, so he looks like this:

IPB Image

Roy manages to shoot some flames at him:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/MustangandCrew.png[/img]

but when the dust clears, they find that Gluttony just drank them all up. Sluuuurp. So, they run and split up to try and get away from the sin. Of course Roy worries for the others and pretends that he's hurting from his injuries and falls down unceremoniously. Hawkeye comes to his rescue (by unloading plenty o' bullets into Gluttony's head), and Ed makes a Roy dummy to distract Gluttony while they escape to their getaway car (where Dr. Nox, Ran Fan - lying down in the back seat, and Ling - having deposited her, are waiting for the others to meet up with them).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/RoyDummy.png[/img]

Once there, Ling, Ed, and Al deposit the Colonel, imparting kind words about how useful he was in their recent little skirmish:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Useless.png[/img]

are told to get in the car, too. (Ohhh, this is one of my favorite scenes, so of course I colored the most from this.) But the three just look at each other:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Lookingateachother.png[/img]

and then to the people in the car, telling them:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Itsallfull.png[/img]

Continue to next post...
Saturn Stars
yeah but last time 49 came out on the 11th in japan, and it's actually about 2:30 in japan as they are an hour ahead of my time in australia and it's 1:30 pm here the 11th of august
Ruzzy
We’re starting the spoilers right away again.

Spoilers!

and backing up their reasoning by saying this:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Wecanhandleitfromhere.png[/img]

Hawkeye, worried about leaving them alone in combat (but presumably not wanting to leave Roy's side... awwww...), wants Ed to take one of her guns with him, to protect themselves.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/RizaGunandEd.png[/img]

Ed, of course, is reluctant because he just gave that whole spiel to Winry about how guns are a tool for killing people, but then he remembers that she told him to stay alive, and he takes it (again, awww!).

Roy and crew drive away:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Zoom.png[/img]

while Ed, Ling, and Al go back to fight Gluttony (but not very successfully):

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Readygo.png[/img]

and are amazed at how much the sin is capable of digesting:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/Wheresitallgoing.png[/img]

Meanwhile, Roy, Hawkeye, and Dr. Nox:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/DoctorNox.png[/img]

talk spiritedly about how King Bradley might be a homunculus (derrr). Ran Fan was too busy being passed out to take part in the conversation.

Back where the fight is happening, Envy has finally arrived in horsy glory. He tries to talk down Gluttony, recognizes Ling, and then goes on to challenge Ed and the others.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/Ruzzy/FMA%20Recap%2049/EnvyHorse.png[/img]

Ta daa!

Hope you enjoy!

Once again, does anyone know of a better way to conceal pictures?
bemused_non-alchemist
Thank you, Ruzzy, for going to all that trouble. XD Now I don't have to reread the whole chapter again...
«°~Envy™~°»
have people ever heard of using spoiler tags
MasterKris
A raw chap of 50 came out!!!!!!!
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=9109
Gasp!!

I really want to know what Ed and Envy are talking about!!
(Envy's face looks hilarious!!) biggrin.gif
rex
just came from reading it! wow, i can't wait for the translations! :D it's very, very exciting! *squeals* :D
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(rex @ Aug 11 2005, 09:19 AM)
just came from reading it! wow, i can't wait for the translations! biggrin.gif it's very, very exciting! *squeals* biggrin.gif
[snapback]248463[/snapback]

lol@squeals
MasterKris
Oops!!
the first page is this if anybody is concerned...
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=9108

I just read the whole chap... it's getting REAL interesting...
[SPOILER]IS ED TRAPPED INSIDE OF GLUTTONY'S BODY??????????????[/SPOILER]
tathchan
I downloaded the raw but I'm not sure whether I want to look at it... Even though I can't read Japanese (at ALL tongue.gif), it might make the translations less exciting...? Gaaah, it's so painful to restrain oneself from spoilering. >_<
rex
ooooh! you should read it! :D you should read it! :D

*thinks* but then again...it'll still be a long way off til' the translations come out...

ah, what they hey! :D spooooooil yourself! ^___^
tathchan
QUOTE(rex @ Aug 11 2005, 12:39 PM)
ooooh! you should read it! biggrin.gif you should read it! biggrin.gif

*thinks* but then again...it'll still be a long way off til' the translations come out...

ah, what they hey! biggrin.gif spooooooil yourself! ^___^
[snapback]248479[/snapback]

LOL. Ooooh, that's done it. Now I HAVE to read it. *sigh* Heh, who am I kidding, I was probably going to end up doing it anyway. I just needed an excuse. Hooray for peer pressure! tongue.gif
Rinslet
;O; omg, im in a deep need of translation >.<
«°~Envy™~°»
anyone that can read it and speak english could translate it for us :\
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 11 2005, 10:15 AM)
A raw chap of 50 came out!!!!!!!
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=9109
Gasp!!

I really want to know what Ed and Envy are talking about!!
(Envy's face looks hilarious!!) biggrin.gif
[snapback]248460[/snapback]

Ed is basically ranting over how Envy keep picking over his height while Envy is surprised at how good Ed's memory is over these things.
rex
*nudges* erm...how about the roy thing? :D what's happening there? :D

*fears the translation and yet is excited/squealy* ^_____^
Reika
If we ignore the fact that I'm scared about... EVERYTHING!

[spoiler] wait now!!! Did just Roy and Riza change clothes on the same car?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also, did envy die?[/spoiler]
drake220
hahaha!! That inside cover of Ed taking Winry and Al around is hysterical! Plus, Ed looks fabulous in his fancy civies. Hehehe! Loved the whole thing! I can't understand a freakin' word being said but it looks great!!
so excited for the translation!! usually, MSN gets it into english within 2-4 days. The anticipation is killing me
oh, thanks saturn stars! that, uh, recap was quite amusing.
Saturn Stars
that wasn't me blink.gif
Automne
Drake220 was maybe talking about Reika, Saturn! laugh.gif I'm scared for this chapter! I'm sure we're going to see Envy's true form! ph34r.gif
Spectacal
This is an exciting chapter from the looks of it. laugh.gif When I saw it on MSN i was like "OMGWTF, WOO."
Zyric
Wow, looks intense, can't wait until there's a version up I can read. Gluttony's stomach looks like he swallowed half of Xerxes or something blink.gif
Satsuka
Some one please translate this!
Blitz
I just read the raw for chapter 50. Wow, things are getting interesting! ZOMG FruitTree Alchemists should have a translated version out by the 15th. Damn, I want to know what's going on... I can read only a little bit of Japanese but it doesn't help at all cause I don't know what the hell I'm reading...
Hikusa Rockgirl X
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 11 2005, 12:18 PM)

[spoiler] wait now!!! Did just Roy and Riza change clothes on the same car?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]248543[/snapback]

Your Royainess always surprises me, Reika xDDDD

[spoiler] dkasljdas oh noes! Gluttony Stomach DDDDx
I want Ed and Ling to explode gluttony from the inside >W>
*wait, that would make them get very very hurt >.>;;*

Geez.. is just my imagination or they are talking about the Hughes Case again o.o?
and was Roy talking with that military guy about King Bradley.. riiight? XD

The military guy is Pride!! -gets shot-[/spoiler]
Willow
Damn it! v.v I wish I had the translations..
Satsuka
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 11 2005, 11:18 AM)

[snapback]248543[/snapback]

I hope Roy and Riza did! That would give us more Royai. ^_^
Saturn Stars
Poor Ed! I can't believe she left us with such a cliff hanger!
Envious...
Pretty exciting chapter from what we can see. Envy's additional ability helped support my theory as to how he was able to "revive" the dead birds in FMA anime eps. 2. They were a part of him (yes yes I know the anime and manga are pretty different, but still).

As for this ch...

[spoiler]
Yes it certainly seems that Ed has ended up in Gluttony's cavernous belly. Why look, it's Brother Cray from the Church of Leto. How have you been? We haven't seen you since something like ch. 6. Oh wait, you're dead. tongue.gif

So I suppose this means that Ling is trapped also? And Envy may be as well. Sure his lower torso was left in the real world, but he is a homunculus after all and can regenerate. Gluttony's stomach may provide as the final battleground between Ed and Envy... >_>

...or they may even work together to get out of there first (kinda unlikely, but still). Since Envy is a homunculus and may have more knowledge about their workings.
[/spoiler]
Reika
QUOTE(Hikusa Rockgirl X @ Aug 12 2005, 12:31 AM)
[color=#4499FF]Your Royainess always surprises me, Reika xDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Yeah... I love that couple and I'm very... meticulous? (Is that the right word? "Detallista" in Spanish <--- if that helps XD)
, I can't help it XD When I see anything I focus on the story, drawings (traces and styles, ...), perspectives, cells, what kind of "language" (Coloquial, formal, indirect, direct, etc) they use, animation, color, etc etc XD and since I'm a little *cough* very *cough* obssesed with this couple I focus on it even more XDDDDDDDD

For Royai fans:
[spoiler] I can tell Roy tells her to leave the place if anything happens to him. And she says "I won't", then Roy turns around and says "it's an order" and she keeps saying she won't leave him behind untill he gives up XDDD awww... sweet royai... [/spoiler]
lialiakicks
Dude, that chapter was AWESOME. Just... DUDE. O_o

SPOILERS!!!

What was up with the Half!Envy...? Er? Wonder if he's still whole inside of Gluttony? Hm, maybe BOTH Envy and Gluttony are gonna die (soon)? Looks that way. Oh! And I WUVED the evil face Ed made when Envy was ticking him off. AWESOME. And WHERE THE HECK IS LING?! Don't leave Edo all alone! ;____;
POTOPHREAK
[spoiler]OMG! The half chewed off body... !? Please don't let it be.*rolling on the floor whining*
(if I made a mistake, and its actually 1005 or 99.999999999999999999999999999% Envy please tell me so I can sleep better tonite...)
But the RoyRiza and Roy scenes are quite nice...
I'm not really worried about Ed since... protagonists normally won't die
[/spoiler]
*any mod who sees the 2 posts of my carelessness and stupidity down there, mixing up the edit and reply button please delete it
the stupid computer suddenly logged me off

thanks
NightMistress
Thanks for the translation reika. Man, this chapter, I just can't believe it ended like this!!!! What the heck is Ed going to do now?!

*roy fangirling - on*And was it just me, or did Roy look hotter in this chapter than usual? Maybe I've been looking at too many movie shots of him looking tired and worn, so this makes him look much better. *roy fangirling - off*

I'd like to know what's going on with Roy. Him speaking with those higher-ups reminds me of the anime a little, especially with his reaction. The plot thickens(big understatement)......
Hikusa Rockgirl X
@Reika: YAY for obssessions *-------* XD

'bout Envy Oo

[spoiler] I think.. >>;; all the philosopher stones inside homunculi are the center of them.. err >.o
and they re-make(sp? XD) themself a base of it
soo... there's a chance that Envy was eaten by Gluttony XD.. *just if Gluttony ate the part of Envy that had the philosopher stone*
*daskjldask Canibal O:!!*[/spoiler]

I just saw some of the translation o.o..
Ed's FURIOUS with Envy cuz he called him a shrimp for the fifth time xD
*loves Edo's page 5 expression XDDDD*
Aoko-chan
WAAAHHHHH!!!! Cliffhanger AGAIN!!!! TT_____TT !!!!

[spoiler]Wonder what Roy says to the higher ups ^^;; And King Bradley is there..uh ohhh

It'd be WONDERFUL if both Roy and Riza changed clothes in the car~~~*evil grin*~~~~

Anyways, Ed, Ling, and half Envy being sucked into Gluttony's stomach...how the heck are they gonna get out. And why the hell is Ed alone, where are Ling and Envy ~.~ have to wait till september to read it, WAAAHHHH *sobs*[/spoiler]
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 12 2005, 02:20 AM)
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Yeah... I love that couple and I'm very... meticulous? (Is that the right word? "Detallista" in Spanish <--- if that helps XD)
, I can't help it XD When I see anything I focus on the story, drawings (traces and styles, ...), perspectives, cells, what kind of "language" (Coloquial, formal, indirect, direct, etc) they use, animation, color, etc etc XD and since I'm a little *cough* very *cough* obssesed with this couple I focus on it even more XDDDDDDDD
[snapback]249057[/snapback]

Eres de los míos, pues. yey! Detallista hasta la muette tb! smile.gif
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Aug 12 2005, 06:14 AM)

Indeed. The amount of... eh... "heart-delicate" (happy.gifU) people will rise greatly after this manga. Arakawa sensei's to blame, here. wink.gif
[spoiler]Wonder what Roy says to the higher ups ^^;; And King Bradley is there..uh ohhh

It'd be WONDERFUL if both Roy and Riza changed clothes in the car~~~*evil grin*~~~~

Anyways, Ed, Ling, and half Envy being sucked into Gluttony's stomach...how the heck are they gonna get out. And why the hell is Ed alone, where are Ling and Envy ~.~ have to wait till september to read it, WAAAHHHH *sobs*[/spoiler]

Lessee... wrong quickly-made-up-while-at-job summary:

[spoiler]First of all Ed attacks Envy because he called him chibi, already 5 times. Envy goes "WTF?!" And he tells him something like "do you think I'd forget about the 5th lab events?" "You called me chibi 3 times there, and 2 times more now!!" And Envy goes "Impressive memory... ¬¬" laugh.gif (Al at the back also ¬¬)
Then... eh... I think it comes that Envy says he came to pick Gluttony, G says he'll drink (or rather, swallow) Mustang, Envy tells him he's not to be swallowed (Human Sacrifice Candidate, no?), and that none of the Elric brothers is either (Confirmed HS). Now, the "Thread Eye" guy (literal translation, I loved this expression when I first caught it in the manga) can be swallowed. But then Ed makes this wall to separate G and L. Envy VS I'm-not-more-Bad-Ass-because-it's-impossible Ling ensues.
Elric brothers screw it, then Gluttony, all hyped up starts swallowing Ling. Ed tries to prevent it, gets swallowed. Envy tries to prevent Ed from preventing, gets (upper half, stone included) swallowed. Al tries to pick Ed in time, his arm gets cut and swallowed. Al tries to stop Gluttony's "uber-mouth"'s closing, but he can't. Gluttony only says "Swallowed..." with this "-oops-" expression in his face. laugh.gif

Then we move to Knox being sorry for the messy state of his room (I think), then Ran Fan angst cuz she wants to go help his master, then Knox telling her "Who're you gonna help with a body like this?". More Ran Fan angst as she looks at herself in the mirror (she's quite the -armless- babe, BTW happy.gif), then Knox tells her to rest and she'll heal faster.

To Royai we move, the scene was already described by Reika. Then, once inside the building, Mustang gets down for something (guess it's because he was acting so cocky before but doesn't know what to do now), this General whose name I forgot appears and starts talking to Roy in a casual way... so they start speaking of sth like "what rumours do you hear of?" "I've heard this and that... and that one about King Bradley being an homunculus...". The general starts laughing, tells Roy he has no joke sense,, or the like, and tells him to come tell the rest of this "funny joke" to the rest of the superiors, as they were taking a break in the middle of a meeting. General asks Roy to tell everyone this funny joke about Bradley being an Homunculus, and Roy realizes he's been tricked (or sth). Enter King Bradley, asking "so what about this joke about me being an Hommunculus? Continue please". Roy's like ">_<{D'oh!".
All the superiors are with this face here, makes me think they're actually all aware of what's goin' on...

Then Ed wakes up, "Where the <censored for the kiddies> is this..." "What's this thing? The smell of iron... blood?!" "Where TF IS THIS PLACE??!!" Cliffhanger and end of the chapter.

I say General could be Pride, i'ts not such a farfetched idea... But by the superior's faces, they all might be into this... but they can't all be hommunculi... so... I WANT A TRANSLATION!! happy.gif;[/spoiler]
Note: my Japanese is first course basic level. I thought I'd write this for practice's sake and and to share with you, anxious fans wink.gif, the info I have. If someone else's summary/translation/whatsoever contradicts mine, then believe theirs.

And thassall folks, going to work now... x_x
Zyric
*cuddles Sensenic*

Thank you~ :3
Reika

[spoiler] they talk about Bradley being a homuculus :s I know king bradley mentions it to Roy. Also Hughes is mentioned over there.

Another thingie for royai fans!! I downloaded the chapter and I was able to read it better: Roy calls her stubborn XDDDDDDDD "You are stubborn, aren't you?" and she says somthing about personalities and then he gives up saying "I'm glad I have subordinates like you". Then Roy says "Wait here since I'll be back for sure" Riza "yes""Good Luck"[/spoiler]

------EDIT------

[Spoiler]
Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.

[spoiler]Mustang gets down for something[/spoiler]

I think he got lost XDDDDD[/spoiler]
rex
OMG! what a cliffhanger! roooooy! rizaaaaaa! *squeals in fright and hugs them tight* i hope everything'll be fine. :D though a little part of me thinks that roy is now in deep s*@&. ^_____^

royai! royai! maybe riza'll come and bail him out if things get rough in there? hahaha, i have absolutely NO idea where it's all heading next. :D

*twiddles thumbs in anticipation* when is the next chapter coming out?! i can't waaaaaait! :(
Keos
Ok, well, now that we're almost done with this chapter, come next month! biggrin.gif (in the mean time, I gotta occupy myself with other things to keep my sanity)
Reika
QUOTE(rex @ Aug 12 2005, 10:24 AM)
OMG! what a cliffhanger! roooooy! rizaaaaaa! *squeals in fright and hugs them tight* i hope everything'll be fine. biggrin.gif though a little part of me thinks that roy is now in deep s*@&. ^_____^

royai! royai! maybe riza'll come and bail him out if things get rough in there? hahaha, i have absolutely NO idea where it's all heading next. biggrin.gif

*twiddles thumbs in anticipation* when is the next chapter coming out?! i can't waaaaaait! sad.gif
[snapback]249204[/snapback]

I'm VERY afraid and worried about Riza now, VERY VERY VERY!! 'cause [spoiler] Roy in trouble + Riza there for rescue him + Fuhrer with his eyes on Riza + Arakawa= DANGER!!!! [/spoiler]
rex
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! rizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! *huggles her and RUNS!* ^_____^

your equation is very, very creepy, man! :( *shudders in fear* now i'm scared, too! hahahha, one month of being unable to sleep/eat for me! ;)

*prays* please, please, please, PLEAAAAAASE! keep them BOTH safeeeeeeeee!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.