Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Is Spinal Tap!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Carnal Malefactor
Who agrees with me?!
Aleclom
Truer words have never been spoken! I love this movie!
Celestial Shadow
It is a pretty funny movie biggrin.gif I was so confused to as if they were a real band for a long time.
Carnal Malefactor
They did actually do a real tour!

Make sure you get the Special Edition dvd. The 75 minutes of bonus footage is great. A lot of it is as good as anything that made the final cut.

"No, I don't think the problem is that the band was off. I think the problem is that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger... of being crushed... by a dwarf!"

laugh.gif
Laffe
i`ve never seen it

*downloading*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Laffe @ Aug 7 2005, 07:15 PM)
i`ve never seen it

*downloading*
[snapback]245419[/snapback]

[smacks you on the hand]

NO DOWNLOAD! BUY! mad.gif
Zarpia
What if he doesn't like it?
Aleclom
Then rent it first. But seriously, they'll like it.
Zarpia
laugh.gif I'm gonna do that^^
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 7 2005, 06:55 PM)
They did actually do a real tour!

Make sure you get the Special Edition dvd. The 75 minutes of bonus footage is great. A lot of it is as good as anything that made the final cut.

"No, I don't think the problem is that the band was off. I think the problem is that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger... of being crushed... by a dwarf!"

laugh.gif
[snapback]245380[/snapback]

laugh.gif You've made me wanna rent the DVD at least and see it again...
Laffe
ahah okok, but the moive haven`t been released here in norway so.. yeah
so what should i do? go to USA and buy it and go home..
or buy over the internett.. SRY mac i have no card
edsgirl
Ah, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen! And I also that this was real band for the longest time too.
Hagane no Renzy
never even heard of it. *^*;;
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ Aug 7 2005, 07:33 PM)
never even heard of it. *^*;;
[snapback]245470[/snapback]

Yah, you better be sweatin'!
Squirrel of Doom
I like the part where he got stuck in the pod during the show. And Those who have'nt seen it have no soul.
Carnal Malefactor
"Why don't you just take 10, and make 10 louder, and make that the highest?"

"...These go to 11..."

laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Aww I was going to say that.^

I love this movie. When I first saw it I was in junior high I think and they were showing it on PBS. I was really into rockumenturies back then and when I first started watching it I wasn't sure if it was real.

I caught on eventually.
Carnal Malefactor
"That's very pretty"
"Yes, well, this is something I've been working on for a while... just real simple, lines interweaving with lines. See, I'm influenced a lot by Mozart and Bach, and this is between the two, sort of a Mach piece... It's in D-minor, which I believe to be the saddest of all keys. It's been known to make people weep instantly. It's actually part of a musical trilogy I'm working on, this piece..."
"What's it called?"
"This is called 'Lick My Love Pump'"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Aleclom
I just rented this movie again, and I caught something I hadn't before. Well, two things, actually. One of the two guitarists (Nigel, I think) was wearing a Gumby shirt during one scene. Also, Billy Crystal was one of the two mime waiters, the one who actually spoke. Just some interesting sightings for ya.
ἀρχή
It was a great movie.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 8 2005, 04:06 PM)
"Why don't you just take 10, and make 10 louder, and make that the highest?"

"...These go to 11..."

laugh.gif
[snapback]246127[/snapback]

A fine example of the impact this movie has had on popular culture. There isn't a time that goes by when I hear about people using the "11" joke, I think back to that scene and laugh. It will never become cliche to me smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
...and what does it say about me that I'm able to enjoy the music of Spinal Tap outside the context of the film?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.