Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chappelle Show
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
Squirrel of Doom
Who likes the Chappelle Show?
Zarpia
I love Chappelle^^ he is one of the funnies person right now XD
foolmetal alchemist
Ah, I love Chappelle's Show. I own the first season on DVD. It's so full of cursing and profanity though. XD
Zarpia
yeah, i know, but i heard that they where gonna stop making the show T__T I hope is not true....
Celestial Shadow
Well he went MIA for awhile, but he's supposedly under contract to start doing another season...
Carnal Malefactor
I didn't like it at first, but it's definitely grown on me. The sketch with Wayne Brady, the Mad Real World parody, the Racial Draft, and the black white supremacist were all awesome.

Too bad there probably won't be a third season. dry.gif
Zarpia
My favorite sketch was the one with Wayne Brady XD

"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"
Celestial Shadow
The one I mostly remember was the one with the blind black guy who was in the KKK. Unless I'm thinking of some other show laugh.gif *Has a bad memory*
foolmetal alchemist
@Celes: That was the Chappelle show! I love that sketch. That was the very first episode, I believe.
Celestial Shadow
Maybe that's why I've seen it the most tongue.gif When I think about it, I guess I really did like that show, though my mom wasn't so happy about all the profanity. I used to sneak and watch it with my sister while my mom was asleep so she wouldn't complain.
Carnal Malefactor
And how could I forget Rick James?

Overplayed, but definitely a comedy classic.
Celestial Shadow
A lot of them began to become over-played recently, but they're still funny biggrin.gif Like I said before, I remember hearing that he is supposed to be doing another season since he's under contract and the networks would be losing a lot of money without him.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 7 2005, 06:21 PM)
A lot of them began to become over-played recently, but they're still funny biggrin.gif Like I said before, I remember hearing that he is supposed to be doing another season since he's under contract and the networks would be losing a lot of money without him.
[snapback]245332[/snapback]

I just read this week, that someone who works for the show said there wasn't going to be a 3rd season. sad.gif I love this show! I loved his When keepin it real goes bad skits, Wayne Brady, and of course Rick James. It'd be a shame to see this show go down the tubes.
foolmetal alchemist
I heard the reason was because Chappelle is in a comedic slump. I really feel bad for him. sad.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 7 2005, 06:21 PM)
[snapback]245332[/snapback]

I just read this week, that someone who works for the show said there wasn't going to be a 3rd season. sad.gif I love this show! I loved his When keepin it real goes bad skits, Wayne Brady, and of course Rick James. It'd be a shame to see this show go down the tubes.
[snapback]245421[/snapback]

That sucks sad.gif
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 7 2005, 07:18 PM)
I heard the reason was because Chappelle is in a comedic slump. I really feel bad for him. sad.gif
[snapback]245428[/snapback]

But...even writers have hard times, maybe he'll get out of it one day?
Carnal Malefactor
Better to burn out than fade away, I suppose...
The RZA
i thought charlie murphy said the show was over
bryantq
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAAP!
Carnal Malefactor
GO HAVE SEX WITH CHARLIE MURPHY!
Squirrel of Doom
My friend decided that he was going to to be Rick James for Halloween so he went up to people yelling I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!! It was hillarious. laugh.gif
Ronaldo Rodregez
Tyrone Biggin's. Hilarious.
Riza Babe
I Love this Show!! Even though I download it biggrin.gif I love the eps when he made an impression of Lil John and kept on saying. WHAT, YEAH, OK!!!
Carnal Malefactor
I hate how Comedy Central refuses to level with people that the show is done for. Just milking it as long as they can until people finally catch on.

...bastards...
Squirrel of Doom
Bitches. COMEDY CENTRAL MUST PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!We should clip their toe nails to short so that when they walk it hurts!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Squirrel of Doom @ Aug 24 2005, 04:28 PM)
Bitches. COMEDY CENTRAL MUST PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!We should clip their toe nails to short so that when they walk it hurts!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]260526[/snapback]

seek help
Celestial Shadow
And quickly mellow.gif
Squirrel of Doom
That I won't do.(I can't afford a phyciatrist anyway)
hitokiri
QUOTE(Squirrel of Doom @ Aug 24 2005, 05:28 PM)
[right][snapback]260526[/snapback][/right]

hey, nitz dick jones face... put down the crack pipe. seriously.

if you knew anything, you would know that in an interview with charlie murphy, he told the world that it was dave's idea the kill the show. dave was "under too much pressure" and needed to spend more time with his family.

again... PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE.... jackass...
Celestial Shadow
Ah the n00b bashing wub.gif
Quistis88
Perhaps hito needs to ease up a little bit there with the name-calling. biggrin.gif Else I would have to hand out warning slips.

Seeing as how someone like foolmetal likes this show, is there anyone who can dish out a brief summary for me?
mongooseboi
^ every episode is different. its pretty much chappelle doing funny stuff, often racist jokes...(being black it makes those jokes funny)..and other stuff like that. just check it out quistis. its reallllly funny :]
Quistis88
I'd check it out if I could, but I have no cable TV, even. Just antennas. biggrin.gif
hitokiri
think "in living color" but updated to a contemporary setting. there's black and gay kkk member's, rick james slappin people, and samuel l jackson beer just to name a few highlights
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 7 2005, 07:32 PM)
Seeing as how someone like foolmetal likes this show, is there anyone who can dish out a brief summary for me?
[right][snapback]277536[/snapback][/right]

What are you talking about? He has the average teenaged boy's taste in humor... laugh.gif
foolmetal alchemist

Ehh... it's really not appropriate for my age group though... ph34r.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Dai-chan @ Sep 7 2005, 07:39 PM)

[right][snapback]277554[/snapback][/right]

Your age group is screwed anyway dry.gif
Carnal Malefactor
And the Player Haters Ball. Can't forget that.
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 7 2005, 08:42 PM)
And the Player Haters Ball. Can't forget that.
[right][snapback]277562[/snapback][/right]

no we can't ever forget mr. roboto and the player hater's ball... or the time haters for that matter.

hate, hate, hate....
foolmetal alchemist
Also, "The effects of the Electric Guitar on White People". I loved that sketch. biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
laugh.gif You guys are making me wanna watch it again...
Quistis88
I'm so curious now . . . *goes to look for possible downloads*
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Sep 7 2005, 06:39 PM)

[right][snapback]277554[/snapback][/right]

We are the same age group. ph34r.gif

*has dave chappelle season 2 on her computer*
Carnal Malefactor
I wouldn't let my kids watch it if I had any.
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
i think the Chapelle Show is quite funny tongue.gif (the print machine service thingy and the "lets teach the kids about drings" was funny)
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I love the Chappelle show, it is so freaking funny
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Sep 7 2005, 10:43 PM)
We are the same age group.  ph34r.gif

*has dave chappelle season 2 on her computer*
[right][snapback]277912[/snapback][/right]

*Has Chappelle season 1 on DVD* ph34r.gif
edsgirl
I loved the World Series of Dice skit with the real ashy dude and of course the Wayne Brady episode.
Carnal Malefactor
"Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

laugh.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Sep 8 2005, 06:53 PM)
I loved  the World Series of Dice skit with the real ashy dude....

"i'm gonna go from ashy to classy...."

- ashy larry
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 8 2005, 01:36 AM)
I wouldn't let my kids watch it if I had any.
[right][snapback]278029[/snapback][/right]

I find it funny that my mom lets me watch R rated movies with guts flying everywhere, and trees raping women (i.e. Evil Dead) but she gets kind of upset when my sister and me watch The Chapelle show dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.