Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Game Related Movies!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2
Fireblend
<Edited the thread title from "Far Too Many Video Game -related Movies Next Year!" to "Video Game related Movies!!" to make the thread title more current. ^^ 04/01/07 ~Tombow>

Next year will definitely be a video game year for movies Oo;;
I'm definitely looking forward for FF and Metroid, what about you?
Carnal Malefactor
The Silent Hill movie could be good. I doubt the others will.

The Doom movie looks atrocious. They took all the personality of the game out of it and made it a clone of the Resident Evil flicks. Blech.
Laffe
DOOM looks cool.. wait and see, maby its not so cool as it sow
Fireblend
Indeed, Doom's trailer looks lame...
Celestial Shadow
Doom's gonna suck. Silent Hill might be good. FF7:AC I'm almost sure will be good (And will look nice if nothing else) Metroid...? Might suck, though I haven't seen the trailer yet.
edsgirl
Advent Children looks amazing. I watched another trailer on X-play earlier today, and it really looks incredible. Doom looks like a rip off of Resident Evil. Silent Hill might be pretty good, and Metroid gets no comment. ph34r.gif
Celestial Shadow
^ I figure even if in some weird way AC did suck, at least I'd get lots of eye-candy tongue.gif
foolmetal alchemist
I am so looking forward to Advent Children. I had no idea that there was a Metroid movie..... I don't think it will be that good.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 7 2005, 07:51 PM)
^ I figure even if in some weird way AC did suck, at least I'd get lots of eye-candy tongue.gif
[snapback]245485[/snapback]

Oh did I mention that AC is exclusively for the PSP? Well that's what i've been hearing everywhere. But I'm still hoping for it being relased on DVD.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 7 2005, 07:51 PM)
[snapback]245485[/snapback]

Oh did I mention that AC is exclusively for the PSP? Well that's what i've been hearing everywhere. But I'm still hoping for it being relased on DVD.
[snapback]245490[/snapback]

I've heard that too sad.gif They suck. I'd rather see it on a big TV than a tiny screen anyway.
Carnal Malefactor
What kind of chode buys movies for PSP, anyway? dry.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 7 2005, 07:58 PM)
What kind of chode buys movies for PSP, anyway? dry.gif
[snapback]245494[/snapback]

I agree...? *Looks up chode in the Urban Dicitionary and gets various definitions* I always love your choice of words Bacon tongue.gif
foolmetal alchemist
It does seem pointless to release movies on PSP. I thought AC was just being released on PSP first? huh.gif

Chode... that word is so popular at my school. Also at my sister's high school. biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 7 2005, 08:01 PM)
Chode... that word is so popular at my school. Also at my sister's high school. biggrin.gif
[snapback]245500[/snapback]

I've never heard of it before I think. Must be the people I hang around with (they're losers) ph34r.gif
The RZA
ive never heard the word either, i cant wait to see FF7 Advent Children
Carnal Malefactor
I just hope they don't plan to make another Street Fighter movie. wacko.gif
The RZA
@Bacon that movie sucked so much, that it gave me cancer
edsgirl
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 7 2005, 09:00 PM)
[snapback]245570[/snapback]

LOL! laugh.gif I would have to rip out my own eyes if that were to ever happen. What an awful movie! Same goes for Mortal Kombat!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 7 2005, 09:00 PM)
[snapback]245570[/snapback]

LOL! laugh.gif I would have to rip out my own eyes if that were to ever happen. What an awful movie! Same goes for Mortal Kombat!
[snapback]245574[/snapback]

Uhhh... You might not want to look here then... blink.gif
edsgirl
Why? Just why would they do that? The first one was ok, but the second one wanted to make me hurt the people who did it. Now a third? Someone must pay!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 09:13 PM)
Why? Just why would they do that? The first one was ok, but the second one wanted to make me hurt the people who did it. Now a third? Someone must pay!
[snapback]245580[/snapback]

I suppose the thinking is that since the games have improved exponentionally, the movies will, too...

...nope, Hollywood people are not too bright...
The RZA
maybe they learned a lesson from the second movie, and that's that people wont like the movie just cause it's mortal kombar
Carnal Malefactor
Uh... If they'd learned those lessons, the third movie wouldn't be getting made!
foolmetal alchemist
I think making more than one movie on a game is overdose....
animejunkie429800
Wasn't there also a movie that released this year? It was something Apoclypse. (can't exactly remember)
foolmetal alchemist
You mean Residen Evil: Apoclypse? I didn't see it, but I heard it was alright.
Fireblend
I haven't heard about AC only being on PSP, imo it's just a rumor, just imagine how many money would Sqaure-enix lose if it weren't released as a movie?
edsgirl
QUOTE(Fireblend @ Aug 7 2005, 10:40 PM)
I haven't heard about AC only being on PSP, imo it's just a rumor, just imagine how many money would Sqaure-enix lose if it weren't released as a movie?
[snapback]245650[/snapback]

Well it's a pretty widely spread rumor for X-play to say it's PSP only, but I did read that it will be relased on DVD, just not at the same time as the PSP release. Another rumor? I don't know nor do I care. All I care about is that there is a DVD release.
StrawberryShampoo
Resident Evil:Apoclypse was actually pretty good IMO...It was better than the first R.E. movie, and I read on Gamespot that Advent Children WILL be released on DVD as well as PSP.
~Is secretly praying that the Metroid movie isn't nearly as bad as the Mario Bros. movie** shudders at the thought**.
Ronaldo Rodregez
They should rerelease the Super Mario Bros. movie. That was golden.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Aug 8 2005, 04:48 PM)
They should rerelease the Super Mario Bros. movie. That was golden.
[snapback]246234[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Funny guy!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 7 2005, 04:33 PM)
Advent Children looks amazing. I watched another trailer on X-play earlier today, and it really looks incredible. Doom looks like a rip off of Resident Evil. Silent Hill might be pretty good, and Metroid gets no comment. ph34r.gif
[snapback]245468[/snapback]

I saw that too, it looks really good. Excellent fight scenes so I would say the action shouldn't disapoint. But I'm still mad about Sephiroths make-under. mad.gif

I haven't heard anything about the Doom movie for years I didn't think they were doing it anymore. I hope it and the Silent Hill movie doesn't suck.

Speaking of things that might suck, I'm really afraid of the Devil May Cry movie. I can hear the sucking from here. Who could possibibly play Dante?
Fireblend
I haven't heard anything about the Doom movie for years I didn't think they were doing it anymore. I hope it and the Silent Hill movie doesn't suck.

I actually have seen some pictures of the Silent Hill Movie set, and it seems like a very ncie set. Kinda like a western-town and all.
I just hope it's isn't another Resident Evil... ><
Carnal Malefactor
SH seems more conducive to being made into a film than most other games, especially with Japanese psych-horror being all the rage. The problem is, the game's imagery borrows very heavily from Jacob's Ladder, which is one of those brilliant and underrated classics. I sincerely hope they don't just make the SH movie into a Jacob's Ladder knockoff.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2005, 06:11 PM)
Speaking of things that might suck, I'm really afraid of the Devil May Cry movie. I can hear the sucking from here. Who could possibibly play Dante?

Woody Allen, of course.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Aug 8 2005, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2005, 06:11 PM)

Woody Allen, of course.
[snapback]246311[/snapback]

There's no way you're only 15! blink.gif
Celestial Shadow
laugh.gif Why? Teens are people too tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Aug 8 2005, 06:33 PM)
laugh.gif Why? Teens are people too tongue.gif
[snapback]246344[/snapback]

No way would a teenager be able to make a joke like that!
Celestial Shadow
You're thinking of the teens from the dinosaur age AKA your childhood biggrin.gif Us current teens are smarter and wittier happy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
The hell you are! Most teens from this 'echo boomer' generation probably don't even know who Woody Allen is!
Celestial Shadow
Well then those teens suck then tongue.gif But remember some of us dedicate our lives to comedy or certain genres or things.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I knew who Woody Allen was when I was 15, I even saw some of his movies back then. It happens.
Fireblend
Dun Dun Duunn!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2005, 06:55 PM)
I knew who Woody Allen was when I was 15, I even saw some of his movies back then. It happens.
[snapback]246367[/snapback]

But you were 15 in 1986!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
And? huh.gif

Woody still wasn't hip or cool with teens back then either. Only weird-os like me really knew who he was.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2005, 07:54 PM)
And? huh.gif

Woody still wasn't hip or cool with teens back then either. Only weird-os like me really knew who he was.
[snapback]246435[/snapback]

And the fact that his movies are even less popular now would lead me to believe that it's a lot rarer for a kid that age to know who he is...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yes but just because someone is young doesn't mean they don't know anything about less popular filmmakers, etc.

I was really into The Beatles when I was in jr high. Got teased alot for it too.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 8 2005, 07:54 PM)
And? huh.gif

[snapback]246435[/snapback]

mellow.gif Does knowing who Woody Allen is and all about his life make me weird(er)?
Carnal Malefactor
That depends. Have you seen Annie Hall, Love & Death, Zelig and Bananas?
Celestial Shadow
I think I may have seen the first two with my mom, but definitely not the third. Do I get a passing "normalcy" grade? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.