Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Regarding Posts Within Spam Central
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2
bryantq
From the administrative viewpoint, the Spam Central area is a place to relocate posts that have gone awry. It is also a place for our forum members to congregate to do totally off-topic posts.

You have more freedom here to post, however it is still limited in the sense that the moderation staff will still be looking for: inappropriate topics and posts, forum violations, and flooding (posting several times in a row).

Accordingly, posts in Spam Central will not count towards the poster's "post count."

I will absolutely not condone spamming within this forum that has no substantial discussion (ie posting random characters, posting just to post... or more accurately, spamming just to spam.) If you are caught violating this "policy", measures will be taken to ensure it does not happen again.

We want you to understand that getting a thread moved here is not a good thing.
We also want you to understand that the moderation staff is doing their job to keep our forums tidy and appropriate for all users. In order to do so the Spam Central is necessary, but we also do not like to delete posts if they have any substantial content, so they get relocated here.

Finally, in regards to the Role Play thread known as the Party House, the moderating staff and I shall discuss its future and you can expect it to "reopen" in a sense, after we determine a few ground rules to keep it sane and appropriate. Perhaps the fruition of this event may result in a real RP Forum.

Thank you for your continued patronage and support,

Last edited on March 3, 2010, by Tombow
The RZA
okay so the party house will reopen, but we'll have some order, i got it
Laffe
ok boss
Elderberry
Thank you for being so tolerant of us, bryantq-sama...happy.gif;; *bows*
Celestial Shadow
I think this post...And the decision about Party House was a very good one to make. Thank for being a tolerant administrator and allowing any spam in the first place. Also, thank you for coming to check on things and help the moderators out every once in awhile.
Le Monkey
Thank you very much for your time Mr.B
We all apreciate it verry much and (I am shure) we would like to thank you again for your continued support on the forums
Robo-Mechanic
Thank you Bryantq. i realy like what you did
Dragons04
That is a great decision!
Owarinai Yume
Thank you so much Bryantq.
LoMXD
thank you very much bryantq
«°~Envy™~°»
Thanks bryantq
Alchemist_Sami
YAY!!!! its re-opening! thanks so much bryantq!!!! biggrin.gif
Automne
Thanks a lot Bryantq! smile.gif
Owarinai Yume
Forgive me fro asking your Holyness,but when can we expect to have the Party house Back?
animejunkie429800
I really don't want PH open... You know, there's a whole lot of other forums with that. smile.gif

So.... no need there.
Elderberry
Bryantq-sama is an extremely busy man, so it definitely won't be reopening until he has the opportunity to discuss Party House matters with the moderators.

However, Junkie-san does have a very good point. A number of forumers (such as Riza-san and Silver-san) have set up their own forums which also have Party Houses. I don't see why everyone can't just sign up there and carry on. happy.gif
silver bg
I agree! ^^ yes all people that want party house. click the link in my siggi!
zombie
To much crap came with party house so i think it should be left closed.
And i was one of the people that went into it. Every now and again.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Aug 22 2005, 11:17 AM)
However, Junkie-san does have a very good point.  A number of forumers (such as Riza-san and Silver-san) have set up their own forums which also have Party Houses.  I don't see why everyone can't just sign up there and carry on. happy.gif
[snapback]258056[/snapback]

I agree with that as well, just click on the Shinobi Pride gif in my siggy to head on over to Riza's forum cool.gif
Owarinai Yume
I see.
Well feel free too delete my account because you won't be seeing me on these forums any longer.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Owarinai Yume @ Aug 25 2005, 08:54 PM)
I see.
Well feel free too delete my account because you won't be seeing me on these forums any longer.
[snapback]262058[/snapback]

Well, that's sort of like saying the only reason you joined these forums was to participate in one single thread.
LoMXD
let her be. I dont spend alot of my time here either. only when I really want to talk aboutfma. but if people want there party house back , why not og to other forums like bg's, it is just as fun there, and tere arent any people who complain about it dry.gif
animejunkie429800
Ara~ you guys can have it the way you want. You know, you can also get involved in other parts of the forum. Right now, I'm trying to balance out the posts in SC with OC.
silver bg
ok just looking at frist few post here....its all people form ph sucking up to mods and admins
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(animejunkie429800 @ Aug 27 2005, 02:56 AM)
Ara~ you guys can have it the way you want. You know, you can also get involved in other parts of the forum. Right now, I'm trying to balance out the posts in SC with OC.
[snapback]263783[/snapback]

I'm trying the same thing. I had no idea that 3/4 of my posts were in Spam Central. None of it was in PH though...
LoMXD
all of my posts made in spam central were made in party house.

and bg , ph posters were probably doing that because they were grateful that the topic was coming back but now apperantly not so yeah sucking up put to waste. dry.gif
animejunkie429800
=__=

I'm not sucking up, I'm just giving you the facts.
LoMXD
I am talking about the first few pages junkie dry.gif
animejunkie429800
Huh?

I'm still on the first page.... blink.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(silver bg @ Aug 27 2005, 10:34 PM)
ok just looking at frist few post here....its all people form ph sucking up to mods and admins
[snapback]265191[/snapback]

what you want us to act like you and call every mod here a jacka** or an a**hole dry.gif

sometimes to get what you want you need to be kind back, no one is sucking up here, they are thanking cause they thought they were getting the party house back, and they are, just not on this forum
Haldir of Lorien
I only went into the Party house Once and I thought it was fine.But it's gotta be depressing to some people who enjoyed it here.I guess it can't be help......
LoMXD
yeah it can. people just need to go to riza or bg's forum. it is just as fun there, and hey like i said b4 no complaineres!
Haldir of Lorien
but in some cases,Bleach power board,cannot be accsesd,either at home,or at school,and some people hardly ever get to get on at home,and Invisionfree boards(such as Bleach) that HAVE party house are STILL not acsessable,unless it is a site like this(a domian)so,inother words,why is it such a cime to just keep PH here,for those who cannot Log onto Bleach,or Riza's forum?Is it such a problem,people who hate party house should just stay away from it,and not complain.
LoMXD
well you forget that there will be people on this forum who will always want to b*tch about it. I will be setting up a forum pretty soon with a ph house. it is invision free but ey, there will at last be one more. with the ph posters at bleach, shinobi pride, and maybe my forum, the mds and weverybody wont have to worry about us " spammers"
Haldir of Lorien
They make it sound like spammers are people from the Netherworld or something....Sterotypes can hurt peoples feeling too ya know.
Elderberry
@Haldir-san: Why would people be posting in a thread like Party House during school? ohmy.gif

And recall that the bandwidth on this forum is not free. It may be free for you, but there is someone else paying for it. If you absolutely must have it set up on a non-free domain somewhere, why not swarm a different forum where they actually don't mind? happy.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Sep 8 2005, 02:07 PM)
They make it sound like spammers are people from  the Netherworld or something....Sterotypes can hurt peoples feeling too ya know.
[right][snapback]278399[/snapback][/right]

You mean they're not? huh.gif
Haldir of Lorien
@Eke:I mean....Example,People may want to get on during free time,or in the mornings or after school,stuff like that.

@Lil Miniskirt:Well,it depends,so spammers do it just to make people mad,but let's say it's like a doyuble/Triple Post,It could be an accident,it may not,you have to consider every possible option before coming to a conclusion. sleep.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Sep 13 2005, 03:04 PM)
@Lil Miniskirt:Well,it depends,so spammers do it just to make people mad,but let's say it's like a doyuble/Triple Post,It could be an accident,it may not,you have to consider every possible option before coming to a conclusion. sleep.gif
[right][snapback]283491[/snapback][/right]

When they consistently double/triple post, one has to wonder... Besides, accidental posts can be reported to the Grammar Police so the mods will delete them.
Haldir of Lorien
I know I have double posted sometimes,but my computer was so slow that I hit the add reply button twice,sometimes tht can be a certain situation and I am sur that it has not just happened to me.
foolmetal alchemist
@Haldir: I think you are misunderstanding the context of the word "n00b". Users aren't accused of n00bness over an accidental post, it usually takes a large sum of events of possible n00bness for them to be considered anything of the like.
Haldir of Lorien
every user has to start somewhere,I know I was a noob once,and I am sure every one of us had been a noob,there is always a starting point.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Sep 13 2005, 05:15 PM)
every user has to start somewhere,I know I was a noob once,and I am sure every one of us had been a noob,there is always a starting point.
[right][snapback]283507[/snapback][/right]

I am seriously starting to think that you have either not read our responses, or are severly misunderstanding them... mellow.gif
Elderberry
QUOTE(Haldir-san)
I know I have double posted sometimes,but my computer was so slow that I hit the add reply button twice,sometimes tht can be a certain situation and I am sur that it has not just happened to me.
Of course, but those can be differentiated from intentional double-posting relatively easily. happy.gif

QUOTE(Haldir-san)
Everyone does start somewhere, but people do not always set off from the same starting point. smile.gif
LoMXD
@eke-san
very good point, about the bandwith. now I am starting my own forum with a party house because bleach is going to become a domain soon and they will have to close it oveer there. but hey, there are now about 4 in forums of other people like bg,myself, robo-mechanic all have a party house on our forums. so why settle for one huge one, when you can have 9 little ones. happy.gif
«°~Envy™~°»
You mean people are still trying to fight for a PH here :|

I lost any and all intrest in a party house since people like a certain couple i will remain nameless ruined it and got it closed

no matter how much someone spends for a domain, isn't it the goal of the owner of the Domain to keep it's posters happy? but that shall never be accompolished since not every poster agrees with the other, there will be alot of people that like things like the party house yet there will be alot of people no matter who it is will hate it.

it is true party house wasn't meant to be nothing but a random kind of talking and you may think that's usless but to others it isn't no matter if you liked party house or not, it had a use, it kept some people happy and kept them coming here and that's the goal for the domain owner isn't it, just cause some people don't like how others post don't mean others think the same way

this is a big forum many places to go if you don't like one thread don't go into it :|

well in all and all i don't give a damn anymore lol
LoMXD
well put envy. but why have one large party house when you can have a million smallero nes on other forums?
Ailuro
QUOTE(«°~Envy™~°» @ Oct 31 2005, 10:20 AM) [snapback]307204[/snapback]

You mean people are still trying to fight for a PH here :|

I lost any and all intrest in a party house since people like a certain couple i will remain nameless ruined it and got it closed

no matter how much someone spends for a domain, isn't it the goal of the owner of the Domain to keep it's posters happy? but that shall never be accompolished since not every poster agrees with the other, there will be alot of people that like things like the party house yet there will be alot of people no matter who it is will hate it.

it is true party house wasn't meant to be nothing but a random kind of talking and you may think that's usless but to others it isn't no matter if you liked party house or not, it had a use, it kept some people happy and kept them coming here and that's the goal for the domain owner isn't it, just cause some people don't like how others post don't mean others think the same way

this is a big forum many places to go if you don't like one thread don't go into it :|

well in all and all i don't give a damn anymore lol

The last post here was over a month ago, so no, they aren't still fighting for it. And if you "don't give a damn anymore", why did you even create a post trying to defend it?
LoMXD
I am still sad that that one was gone. Had alot of good times in there. but if it hurts people's feelings, then no point in having it here
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 31 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]307556[/snapback]

The last post here was over a month ago, so no, they aren't still fighting for it. And if you "don't give a damn anymore", why did you even create a post trying to defend it?

first off lol@me not checking the date of the last post here :|

why not just unpin this thread since descusion is over with

second I posted what I did the thoughts I had for it while it was here, I don't care about it anymore if you think different then that then it's not my fault
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.