Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Simpsons (now A Movie Too)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Fireblend
Anyone watch The Simpsons? XD awesome series, deserves to be in the new topic of our new board!
laugh.gif ^
Laffe
yeah i do!

Bart rox o_O
The RZA
me too, Homer all the way
Aleclom
I used to, and I still watch the older ones. But after season 7 or 8, it got really redundant and boring.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Aleclom @ Aug 7 2005, 05:00 PM)
I used to, and I still watch the older ones.  But after season 7 or 8, it got really redundant and boring.
[snapback]245169[/snapback]

Exactly. It's going further and further downhill. But it's still one of my favorite series ever.
Prinz_Zoisit
i do.. i love the old series!^^
Carnal Malefactor
8-9 years ago, it was head and shoulders above everything else on television.

Nowadays, it's just mediocre.
Fireblend
I don't think it's mediocre, but I do agree the new seasons are getting boring and repetitive. Maybe the classic seasons around third to sixth have some good chapters, but now it isn't so good.
AlphonseRules
The old episodes are great,but I barely ever watch the new ones cause they're so bad. I think that they need to bring back Conan O'Brien to write for the show. That will never happen though.
Connaz
like most others it seems i find the newer episodes tedious and repetitive. i think they should make a final movie length episode and make way for newer stuff like futurama.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Connaz @ Aug 10 2005, 03:40 AM)
...and make way for newer stuff like futurama.
[snapback]247712[/snapback]

Which was canceled.

And there's a movie in progress.
Rave
The Simpons is hilarious! I sometimes miss when it comes on, but it's so funny!
meg08
Its funny, I watch it when I see its on, but I usually miss it any other time. mad.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 8 2005, 05:46 PM)

Agreed. I love the Beer Baron ep. That one is pretty funny.

Moe and Burns are prety darn funny. The cast is so large you are bound to love at least one character. Crazy Cat Lady is also a very minor, but hilarious role.

Haha, I love it when they show visions of Bart's futures. He is always drunk or something with a redneck hair cut and 5 o'clock shadow. It was funny when Lisa envisioned what it would be like if she were overweight married to Ralph in the ep when she found out about the Simpson genes.
Prinz_Zoisit
i hate futurama....-.-
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Aug 14 2005, 08:56 AM)
i hate futurama....-.-

Why? I don't think it is as funny as the Simpsons but it is still pretty good in my opinion. It isn't as random and stuff as Family Guy, which is more outright, as to the Simpsons, a lot is referencing and innuendo etc. Futurama has some satire and some of the characters are decent. Bender and the Farnsworth are pretty funny along with some others.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 8 2005, 02:46 PM)

[snapback]246296[/snapback]

I wonder if it's gotten mediocre on it's own or if the shows it's inspired have surpassed it?

Either way it's still a good show, not as sharp as when it first started but still very good but after being on tv for so long it's not suprising that it wouldn't be as cutting edge as when it first came on the air. It's done much better, has lasted longer than most shows on tv. Plus, it still has a strong fan base after all these years.

Plus Groundskeeper Willie's in it!
Slashrose1010
Willie? Ehh, he is OK, not my favorite extra though. I prefer I REALLY love the mafia laugh.gif Fat Tony and Johnny Tightlips are hilarious.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 14 2005, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 8 2005, 02:46 PM)

[snapback]246296[/snapback]

I wonder if it's gotten mediocre on it's own or if the shows it's inspired have surpassed it?

Either way it's still a good show, not as sharp as when it first started but still very good but after being on tv for so long it's not suprising that it wouldn't be as cutting edge as when it first came on the air. It's done much better, has lasted longer than most shows on tv. Plus, it still has a strong fan base after all these years.

Plus Groundskeeper Willie's in it!
[snapback]251476[/snapback]

The writing is definitely not what it was before. In general, I think the social commentary and strong plots that characterized the first 7 or 8 seasons has slowly been phased out in favor of a more slapstick approach, reliant on visual gags and one-liners, a-la Family Guy. Of course, Family Guy does this far, far better.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Family Guy is one of shows I was refering to.

@Slash: Who doesn't love Willie. huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
"That's the last time you'll slap yer Willie around!"
Envy's lil' miniskirt
"Thar's nay an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scottsman!"
Slashrose1010
Willie: I ate your dog and I ate the mess he left on me rug... Yah heard me!

Willie (with glasses and slumping over): Oooh, look at me, I'm Milhouse. I have no friends so I have to confide in Willie!
zombie
i hate to say this but im bored with the simpsons
Scar-San
İ'm not bored adn HOMER RULESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sweety_pie
I have been watching this show since I was like five, and I still am not bored with it.
Chiyo
Re-live thread.

Actually, this is me adding that now I have seen 'new' eps (probably v. old by American standards) I am not as keen. Series 6-10 are probably my favourites, but now it spends too much time taking the pee out of itself. For example they went to junior court the other day and said thats where they spend most of their family time now. Just wasn't that funny.

Not actually keeping any hopes up for the film.
Tombow
Whoa, old thread!! laugh.gif

Yeah, I still watch it.
Come t think of it, one of the few programs I watch on Fox channel. tongue.gif
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 6 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]442402[/snapback]

Whoa, old thread!! laugh.gif

Yeah, I still watch it.
Come t think of it, one of the few programs I watch on Fox channel. tongue.gif

Yeah Fox does not have too many good shows, I can only think of about four.
Carnal Malefactor
Look what I found!
Ailuro
Pif, you found. Right~ tongue.gif
Popogeejo
Seen it all over the place, check out the persons gallery, quiet a few awesome pieces of fanart.
Chibi_Girl29
This show rocks !It's one of the funiest series evaaa !!
Chiyo
I haven't actually seen it yet, so I'm asking for an honest opinion on the Simpsons movie, and by honest someone who won't say 'Its the bestest ever' because they love the show.

I didn't think it would be all that amazing due to the more recent series being so poor, am I right? Is Spiderpig the funniest part as I have been told by various people?
asunder
go see it and decide for yourself.

If you're a fan, it won't disappoint.
If not, you'd still enjoy it.
Chiyo
Alas going to see it isn't an option anymore, so it all depends on do I buy the DVD full price when its released or wait till its gone down? Do I need to see it asap?
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 10 2007, 11:41 AM) *
I haven't actually seen it yet, so I'm asking for an honest opinion on the Simpsons movie, and by honest someone who won't say 'Its the bestest ever' because they love the show.

@Chiyo - IMO, it's like the regular series episode as far as the amount of funniness, kind of jokes it has, how each characters are, etc., except we have that for whatever the length of the movie, and since it has longer time, it has more longer plot-line, though don't expect deeply developed plot, just as usual kind you expect from the Simpsons, and you'll see it on bigger screen, though for the case of the Simpsons I don't think that would merit much.
If you enjoy watching regular Simpsons episodes, expect having that much fun for one hour plus some minutes. If you normally do not watch Simpsons, I think you will still be mildly entertained. There is nothing offensive, and I don't think you will fall asleep, as in the case of the last Spider movie, IMO, but do not expect the epic funniness, nor deep and complicated plot-line, nor some emotionally moving experience you might get from some movies by paying whatever the amount you pay in UK for the movie ticket.

ETA: Ha, you posted with the new situation while I was posting the reply to your first post.
IMO, I say, wait till the DVD price comes down, or wait for some of your friend to buy the DVD and borrow it, unless you are a die-hard Simpsons fan. ^^
Chiyo
Thank-you Tombow, that was helpful. I thought the movie was going to be the end of the Simpsons but apparently not, they really are desperate to keep it going aren't they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.