Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma3 神を継ぐ少女
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sycia
-News from Japan-

-----------
Translator's notes:
- Terribly sorry about the low file quality... size constraints...
- Don't mind the messiness either... :| Japanese magazines are usually this crammed.
- Let me know if there are any spelling mistakes~
- Oh, the names of the original characters are just MY take on the English spellings... they're not official, I just translated them to what I thought they'd be in English.

Fresh from April's GanGan comic compilation issue comes an overview of the 3rd RPG PlayStation 2 game: Fullmetal Alchemist, The Girl who surpasses Gods. This action game by Square Enix is to be released in Japan come summer, 2005.

Sources
-----------
Gangan >> link (jpn)

<Merged "Fma 3rd Game: The Girl Who Surpasses Gods, From GanGan april 2005" thread with 2 pages of posts here. 07/15/07 ~Tombow>
Fresh_Coffee
Oh cool, thanks Sycia-san happy.gif where have you been lately?
Sycia
Fresh Coffee: Getting buried beneath heaps and heaps of animation work... ^^; Been so busy I've not been able to update much~
Hikari no Hohenheim
Excuse me, 3rd??? It should be the 4th! Don't forget Dream Carnival! Unless you mean "3rd RPG".
Sycia
Oops, thanks for pointing that out! *goes to fix*
Panzer Dragoon
I've heard about this. Too bad we're still waiting for the second one. Finally they do something right! You can switch between Ed and Al, plus you can do co-op with your best buddy! I've been reading and researching the new FMA games and been waiting for a co-op game. Of course, I'll always be Al and my friend would be Ed. Ok, now to wait forever for it to come out. *Tick tick tick tick* Anytime now. *Tick tick tick*
RolfKaese
nice Sycia :> and I'm back >:D
woah... 3rd Game....
If it isn't said yet: SE is working on a Nintendo DS FMA Game smile.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Mar 12 2005, 07:12 AM)
nice Sycia :> and I'm back >:D
woah... 3rd Game....
If it isn't said yet: SE is working on a Nintendo DS FMA Game :)
[snapback]130787[/snapback]

Yep, I'm going to translate that too, once I know where in the world to start (stupid messy megezines...), and as soon as I can free some time~
lialiakicks
Wow, so much FMA stuff... O_O;;;

Uh, the 3rd RPG is great and all, but I want Dream Carnival to be translated already!!! ;_____; Me want...
AA battery
OMG, a third game! (and I still haven't finish with collecting the gallery stuff for the first two... TT_TT one more cat to go for Red Elixir xD) I MUST GET IT! Play as Al too... wow, this game is gonna be so awesome xDDD *fangirl scream*

Thanks for the info!
Chibi Viki
OMG! Rolfie is back! Hello, rolfie! Remember me?

Anyway, this is the first time I heard about the 3rd rpg of FMA. If Roy and Riza are still not playable, then I don't want it.... but who am I kidding? I'd play it even if it bored me to death as long as it's FMA! aheh...
Pink_Haro
YAY!!!!! Another game's coming up!!!!! By the way, when's the release date in Jap??? And about the 2nd RPG, when's the english vers. gonna be released? I would like to know the name of the ending song of the 2nd RPG ^^ it's very nice!!!! Where can I get it??? ^^ sankyuu!!!!! biggrin.gif
anime_manga_fan
*raises hand* Question. I'm going to Japan from April 16 - 27 and wondering:

1. When it will be released
2. How much a PS2 + Game would be (Yen + Canadian $$$)
3. I can't remember #3...
Hagane no Renzy
anime manga fan, I envy you... I asked if I could go to Japan, even though I already knew the answer.

Maybe a few years from now... *sigh*
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ Apr 5 2005, 05:59 PM)
anime manga fan, I envy you... I asked if I could go to Japan, even though I already knew the answer.

Maybe a few years from now... *sigh*
[snapback]147439[/snapback]

Haha, I'm 12 so I'm probally younger than you.

Would it be worth it to buy the GBA game in Japan? I'm going to have $500 Canadian so is it worth it? XP
Sycia
QUOTE(anime_manga_fan @ Apr 6 2005, 10:48 AM)
1. When it will be released
2. How much a PS2 + Game would be (Yen + Canadian $$$)
3. I can't remember #3...
[snapback]147427[/snapback]

1) Summer 2005. April's spring, so... no, it won't be avaliable yet...

2) About 6,500 yen for each PS2 game~
Zarpia
mmmm, i would definalty will buy it if it comes out in usa.
Jing103
I'm going to Japan summer 2006 with the $1,500 spending cash (still raising) I've saved up in the past 5 months. A pretty sweet graduation gift from my father (considering he's paying the round trip flight). I'm a 3rd year highschool student so......only one more year biggrin.gif .....*continues to learn on how to speak/read Japanese*
Electrastar
QUOTE(Jing103 @ May 2 2005, 03:51 PM)
I'm going to Japan summer 2006 with the $1,500 spending cash (still raising) I've saved up in the past 5 months.  A pretty sweet graduation gift from my father (considering he's paying the round trip flight).  I'm a 3rd year highschool student so......only one more year biggrin.gif .....*continues to learn on how to speak/read Japanese*
[snapback]165251[/snapback]

Gahhh, I'm so jealous of you. I finished University this year and as soon as I get a job, I'm saving up for this game. I think the third game will be the best of the bunch because you finally get to play with Alphonse. I always wanted to test him out in battle. I don't really like the art style of cell-shading, but the second game is coming out pretty soon here and it's the same style so maybe I'll get used to it by the time the third title hits the shelves here.
Jing103
I heard that there is a FMA game that looks like Super Smash Bros. Melee.......kinda cool if ya think about it

Edit: Is this true, cuz I want to play as Roy or Hawkeye or someone else besides Ed and Al for once.
Karo
The 2nd one is about to come to America in July, and now the 3rd one is coming in Japan in the summer. I wonder when that one will come out in America. And my opion is the the FMA game for DS should be in 3D.
silver bg
sad.gif here in the USA, the 2nd game has not even came out get. sad.gif
alchemist922
Ya i dont even know when the second game comes out in the US sad.gif sad.gif
Yukina_Raven
~ Fma 3 Screencaps, SPOILERS! ~

Some screencaps from the 3rd FMA game, which has already been released in Japan. Spoilers, obviously, for the ending and such. Enjoy. happy.gif

http://hagaren.ocean-x.com/hagarenbbs/read...557&fpage=1
Odysseus
Looks interesting, Appears to have a much more darker feel to it then the past games.... Or maybe that's just me. Whatever. thanks for sharing this with us.
Kooy
they game has very good graphics so it's a buy ^.^ but the storyline by the screenshots looks amusing and also dark as he said
lialiakicks
Thanks for the pics!

I wanna see a Boxer!Ed now!!! ;____;
Yukina_Raven
Gahahaha! That amuses me so much, too! Ed running around in his boxers... laugh.gif Althought that scene occurs, like, right after that dominatrix looking lady ties him up with her whip sssooo... Yeeeeeeah. Awkward. XD;;;;
Crimson Blood Alchemist
Thanks for the pics. This game appears to be a must bye. The graphics look awesome! happy.gif
sora-chan
ohh.o0new pics.thanks for them!^^oh yeah heres the link to the game offical website http://www.square-enix.co.jp/hagaren3/
Satsuka
Thanls! ^_^
Electrastar
Not that many spoilers..I dunno for you guys but the screenshots didn't load for me...well not all of them anyway. I'm just glad they finally decided to make Alphonse a playable character...it only took two games for that.
AA battery
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Aug 2 2005, 08:50 PM)
Not that many spoilers..I dunno for you guys but the screenshots didn't load for me...well not all of them anyway. I'm just glad they finally decided to make Alphonse a playable character...it only took two games for that.
[snapback]237993[/snapback]

the screenshots don't load cuz it ran out of bandwidth already @_@

well... I am at the part where Ed is running around in his boxers with Al xD (zomg what a great elricest fanservice xDDD) there are like so much potbunnies here for you fanfic writers (I don't write fanfics xD; ) Ed with just Boxer, Al with just loincloth xDDD HAHA they sure are brothers xDDD (I was bored enough to take a picture of that scene but I can't find my digital camera USB cord ;_; )

(small note: That game guide is written by one of the programmers of the Doujin game "Bluebird's Illusion", Chris.)

(and I didn't read that game guide because it will spoil the game for me... ^^; )

some of the random things you can do with this game...

-Give Sofie (that gray hair girl) presents and she will either accept them (so you lose one piece of that item), power up them for you, or... you get some special scenes from those items.
==ex 1: Give her Al's oil and it will show a picture of her cleaning Al's armor
==ex 2: Give her this washing stone thingie and it will show a picture of Ed in his boxers because Winry, Sofie, and Al took off his clothing to wash them... (poor Ed got stripped by his little brother and female friends xD)
==ex 3: Give her Kitade Nana's "Kanashimi no Kizu" CD (found in military headquarter's General's room... no idea why the General got it) to her and Roy will suddenly appear and promote the CD for Nana-chan. (Kitade Nana sang "Kesenai Tsumi" and "Kanashimi no Kizu", which is the OP theme for this game)
==ex 4: Give her this equip item (forgot what it was called) and she will say that she want to screw it or sth... and she will ask for Ed's height xD
==ex 5: Give her the flour (I think) you found and she will make a cake (I think... or maybe some other food, i forgot) with Winry.

and it's kinda like those love sim kinda thing... or like Pokemon Yellow? xD the more stuff you give to her, she will be happier ^^; (my guess, the "happines scale" may affect the ending)

Overall, this game... altho I think the plotline is kinda Mary Sue-ish (pretty much as lame as the first two games >_>) however GAMEPLAY is definately awesome!

Reason why you should get this game:
-see Ed in his boxers xD
-Duet play! Alternate use of Ed and Al (You have to, as some areas are only accessable by one of them)
-dubbed voice on most of the lines x3 (not all lines dubbed tho... in game 2 all lines were dubbed)
-CATS
-improved graphics
-more mini stuff like what i mentioned above
-Tag battle (Can play with two people for battle mode)
-Kanashimi no Kizu is a great song *-*
-It seems that this game will take much longer to play than the first two games... worth playing!
-This game has more mazes than the other two games and these mazes, you have to make good use of both Ed and Al to solve them ^-^
-MUST GET FOR AL FANGIRLS! X3 I use Al most of the time except for places that Al can't access cuz he is too big xD
-more fighting (in terms of punching, kicking and using alchemy) styles
-more random items to be picked up xD
-much harder too @_@ I remember that I saved up to 99 "Healing potion small" after like 5 stages for the second game, yet for this game, I saved up to like 70 by the third stage, but now I am down to 20 by fifth stage x_x
-there is a map for this game that allows you to go back to the old stages whenever you want for training or collect items you know you missed (some of the stuff like books... cats... you know you will get one per stage so if you missed it you can go back right away to get them)... so you don't have to play the game over again and again to collect missing items
-BECAUSE YOU ARE A FMA FAN! biggrin.gif
-(poor Edo looks sooo much shorter than Winry in this game)

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HF45UK...MZ2X89FOH7ND1MQ <--- here is a link to Kanashimi no Kizu! ^^
ChibiWinry_05
Ed in his boxers sounds like fan service to me ^^
Reika
I can't see the pictures either
Satsuka
I agree Kanashimi no Kizu is great song. I have more pictures in my photobucket here: Satsuka's Photobucket
Electrastar
Cool.
I was able to see those screenshots. I'm glad that Winry seems to be playing a bigger role in this game biggrin.gif
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Aug 3 2005, 06:47 AM)
==ex 2: Give her this washing stone thingie and it will show a picture of Ed in his boxers because Winry, Sofie, and Al took off his clothing to wash them... (poor Ed got stripped by his little brother and female friends xD)

...Dude. Ed is, like, molested in this game. First by the dominatrix lady and then by his own FRIENDS. XDDDDDDDDDDD

You know Winry liked it... XD
Saturn Stars
*wink wink* sis ahaha
AA battery
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Aug 3 2005, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Aug 3 2005, 06:47 AM)

...Dude. Ed is, like, molested in this game. First by the dominatrix lady and then by his own FRIENDS. XDDDDDDDDDDD

You know Winry liked it... XD
[snapback]240107[/snapback]

>_> If he is a girl I bet he would get raped. xD joking!

... another one.

I am not sure what this item is, but it's kinda related to taking a bath. (Dude my Japanese still sucks.) After you give Sofie this item, she would mention that she hasn't taken a bath for so long... and then Winry joins in and begs Al to transmute them a shower because Winry thinks that even if she begs Ed, Ed wouldn't bother to do so...

and after Al transmuted the shower, Ed walks by, wondering what Al transmuted, and went in to take a bath after he figured that it's a shower...

[spoiler] then Sofie thought Winry was inside and opened the curtain and looded @_@ Poor Edo xD;;; she saw everything! Now Edo will never be able to get married. hahaha xD

Ed: ehh? What did Al... oh, a shower! *goes in*
--short while later--
Sofie: WInry? You in there taking a bath already? --opens curtain--
Ed: O_______________O
Sofie: o_o ahh I am sorry! *covers FACE, not eyes... still peeking thru finger gap*
Winry: EDO YOU PERV! WHAT ARE U DOING TO SOFIE???
Al: Nii-san?! How come you are in there? *he is outside*

... yea, sth like that.
[/spoiler]
lialiakicks
armor-alchemist: AHAHAHAHA!!!! Where did you read this....? O_o On that message board of some where else? I wanna know what the item is!!!

*whispers* (Molesting Edo is FUN!) ^^
AA battery
Sorry, I can't really remember the names since last time I played it it was about a year ago...

The silver hair girl is named Sophie and that's all I remember regarding character names.

Somewhat detailed plot summary... some what brief too since I can't remember the chara names...

Summary added in August 8th 2006.

(number = chapters in the game)

(the seal is somewhat similar to alchemy... I think they said in the game that it's an ancient form of alchemy.)

1: Ed and Al and Winry arrived in this city (V-sth... forgot how to spell it) and find that this city is under attack by some mysterious people. They refer themselves as the 4 ___ priests (forgot name...). Ed and Al saved Sophie from the Ice Priest (that's not his name, just his attribute) and learned about the story of the city. Ed and Al offered to help Sophie to save the city from destruction, and in order for them to have enough power to fight against the priests, Sophie gave them the mark (the pink flower-like mark you can see on Ed's right hand and Al's shoulder).

(Obelisk towers = what's needed to resurrect the ancient witch... forgot her name...)

(church = where Winry and Sophie are waiting for Ed and Al... where you save the game...)

2: What Ed and Al have to do is to seal away the Obelisk towers (I think that's the name, again, I don't remember.) They went to the storage place in the town and met Hawkeye there. She was under attack from the Ice Priest. After Ed and Al defeated the Ice Priest and sealed away the Obelisk tower, and explained to Hawkeye the situation.

3: They headed to the hopsital and found Armstrong there. Defeated the Earth priest and sealed away the Obelish tower, explained, and off they go to the Headquarters of that city (heard from Armstrong that there is a strange tower at the headquarters)

4: Went from underground waterway (Armstrong said it's safe, but by now it's invaded) into the HQ, arrived at the rooftop and battle with the Wind Priest. Midway through fighting her, Lieu. Col. Red (... I forgot her name too, but she is the one that looks bitchy and dresses in red) showed up with a crab-shaped robot and offered help to defeat the Wind Priest, so Ed and Al went to the training ground where they have heard is the whereabouts of Mustang and another priest. They arrived at the training ground and protected Mustang from a giant flame ball attack by the Fire Priest. They defeated the Fire Priest and saved Mustang. After that, they had a discussion with the General of the city.... Mustang mentioned that he doesn't believe in this General and told Ed to be alert.

5: Ed and Al and Sophie went to the fortress of the priests to destroy something there (I think it's the philosopher's stone) so that the witch won't get resurrected. In here you battle the Ice and Earth priests again until you reach the Philosopher's stone. When you got there, you realize that the Lieu. Col. Red and the General are actually on the same side as the Fire Priest and you (Ed and Al) got captured by them when you help Sophie escape. (The General want to resurrect the witch as well, for the power to take over the world...)

(Earth died from abusing the power of their seal too much. Ice almost died from that too, but Sophie saved him. However he still got killed by the General afterwards. During chapter 5 Ed and Al also realized that by using the seal's power that Sophie gave them, it will also shorten Sophie's life, but they have no no choice but to continue using it...)

6: Ed got thrown in jail, so Ed has to escape now (you don't get to beat up people here, you have to sneak out so that you don't get caught...), first to rescue Al. Finally you reached a room with a magnetic field trap. Turn it off to help Al out, and then together you two aim for the top room for the General. (During this part, Ed is in his UNDERWEAR the whole time since all of Ed's stuff got taken away... no items allowed either! So that means don't let Ed dieee, try to hide him and use Al to battle since Al can revive even if he died.) After they reached the General's room, Ed got his stuff back (it was on a table) and went outside to find the Lieu. Col. Red's robot crab waiting to fight them! Defeat the crab and return to the church. Right there they find Mustang there. Mustang told them that he is the one that rescued Sophie from the mess back in the fortress and offered a plan to Ed and Al for attacking the fortress again.

7: Mustang goes off to block some of the enemy's army at the other side, while Ed and Al clear out another path to the fortress (so that Sophie can come along safely) by battling enemies at the other side. Right here you have to battle the Lieu. Col. Red once more.

8: Ed, Al, and Sophie arrive at the fortress again, and Sophie kept on hearing voices (from the witch). Sophie then got captured by the Fire Priest (I forgot how she got captured, though) and Ed and Al were forced to return to the church (I forgot why...). Fire then tells Sophie about her past... that Sophie's father actually wanted to use Sophie as a "container" for resurrecting the witch. The witch is resurrected now in Sophie's body and has unsealed the Obelisks, and created a new tower for herself... monsters begin to come out from that tower and attack people in the city.

(Lieu Col Red got killed here by the monsters.)

9: After discussing with Mustang, Hawkeye, and Armstrong, Ed and Al went inside that tower to rescue Sophie. (This tower is quite interesting. I guess you can think of it as the witch's body... there is like uh, "Stomach" "Intestine" "Spleen" "Liver" "heart" "Spinal Cord" "Brain"...etc room that you go through until you reach the witch...) After Ed and Al defeated the Wind Priest (she also died from abusing the seal too much), Armstrong arrived and offered to beat up some monsters to help clear Ed and Al's way. When Ed and Al battle the Fire Priest, Mustang arrived to offer his help. Ed and Al then went through the Spine into the Brain to battle the witch. First, when she was still in Sophie's form, you have to destroy all the crystals in the place within time limit. Then she turns crazy, leaves Sophie's body and shows her real form... you battle her (her head is weakness... occasionally she shows her heart too, but it's too dangerous to attack her heart... attacking her head with a cannon is the safest.) and then when she was defeated and turns even more crazy, Sophie comforted her and the witch finally left the world (calmed soul leaves the world...).

Since the witch has given up on revenging (I suppose you know the history of witches, so you should know why she would want to revenge.) the monsters have also disappeared. Seeing this, Fire decided that there is no point in battling anymore, so he purposely use up the power of his seal to kill himself.

Afterwards, Ed and Al asked Sophie to clear the seal on them so that Sophie's life won't be harmed anymore.

Normal ending spoiler:
[spoiler]On the way that Ed, Al, Winry, and Sophie to the HQ to record the incident, Red's subordinate suddenly appeared and stabbed Ed in the chest. In order to save Ed, Sophie used too much power of her seal and has lost her senses after reviving Ed. In anger, Ed and Al rushed to the HQ and at the same time learned that King Bradley was aware of this whole incident the whole time, and rushed to battle King Bradley. (Before that, King Bradley killed the General as the General is a traitor. During this part, it doesn't matter whether or not you defeat Bradley... the game goes on regardless.) Armstrong then beat up Ed for being "disrespectful" towards Bradley... and since there is nothing Ed and Al can do, together with Winry, they leave the town..... while Sophie remains in the hospital, somewhat like a puppet...[/spoiler]

Happy ending spoiler:
[spoiler]This ending appears if you have given Sophie enough gifts during the game. When Ed, Al, and Winry were at the train station, Sophie looked at the cat that Al has given her and suddenly regained her memories. She rushed to the train station to find the train has left already, but in actuality Al "sensed" something might have happened to Sophie, so they stayed..... 4 of them hugged, happy ending. ^^;[/spoiler]

Not a very good summary, but it still took me 40 minutes to type @_@;; Free feel to ask if you got any questions, and please bear with whatever error present (after all, my japanese is so-so and I haven't touched the game for ages...)

~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*~~**~*~*~*~

ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CONVERT .DSI into .AVI ??? If anyone do, please teach me, so that I can convert it and put up the animations of the game happy.gif

I think I will write down partial plot + game guide here because I am waiting for my turn to continue to play FMA3 xD;; (it's my little brother's turn to play now)

And here is a short plotline of the game, Kami wo Tsugu Shoujo. (note that spelling of city names and such are wrong... from memory/katakana)

Actually, before that, maybe I should speak of reasons why this game is good and why you should get it and what's improved from this game just in case you don't want to read the plotline because you don't want to be spoiled...

Reason why you should get this game + overall goods/bads about this game:
-Awesome OP "Kanashimi no Kizu" and ED "Closing My Eyes"
-BG music... well, for the beginning, it's just a mix of game 1 & 2... but near the end, there are different BG and they are all pretty good.
-Don't have those "you have to go back to that place to do this and that..." example, for game 1 you had to go back to find the 3 alchemy brothers to... I forgot why you had to go back to find to, but anyways, this game don't have this kind of crap...
-even tho you do go back to military headquarters and the castle twice, the scene is totally different... you get different enemies, different backgrounds, different rooms... so, it can be treated as a new area which is nice biggrin.gif
-there is a map for this game that allows you to go back to the old stages whenever you want for training or collect items you know you missed (some of the stuff like books... cats... you know you will get one per stage so if you missed it you can go back right away to get them)... so you don't have to play the game over again and again to collect missing items
-you can tell that the background improved a lot... it would be better tho if they draw new Ed and Al instead of using the images from the previous game
-see Ed in his underwear xD
-see Ed naked (HIS BACK! HIS BACK!)
-Duet play! Alternate use of Ed and Al (You have to, as some areas are only accessable by one of them...)
-dubbed voice on most of the lines x3 (not all lines dubbed tho... in game 2 all lines were dubbed... )
-This game is much longer... including about 2 hours that I spent on purely training (got an extra 15 levels) It took me 23 hours to play... oh, including the 1.5 hours I spent trying beat King Bastard. Gonna try again when it's my turn... I am not saving until I beat him sleep.gif+ (btw, I spent 7 hours for the second game, 13 hours on the first game... for you to compare the length of all 3 games happy.gif)
-oh, I am not sure if this game is sequel to the other games or not... well I don't really care, lol
-CATS + improved graphics
-more mini stuff like what i mentioned in another post... will mention them again below.
-Tag battle (Can play with two people for tag battle mode. I believe that you will get Roy/Riza/Armstrong unlocked somehow @_@)
-This game has more mazes than the other two games and these mazes, you have to make good use of both Ed and Al to solve them ^-^
-MUST GET FOR AL FANGIRLS! X3 I use Al most of the time except for places that Al can't access cuz he is too big xD
-more random items to be picked up xD
-BECAUSE YOU ARE A FMA FAN!
-(poor Edo looks sooo much shorter than Winry in this game)
-(poor Edo is like fanserving all teh time in this game)
-Sofie (the OC of this game) is not as annoying as Armony.
- unfortunately, no homunculus (even though at the end of the last game we saw Lust, Envy, and Gluttony.... maybe the 4th game will have them? x_x)

~~~Game plot + Game guide + Tipsnow... don't like? Go out now then~~~

Buttons
Circle = Transmute spike attack/Transmute weapons/talk to ppl/open treasure cases/pick up items (sparkles)
Cross (X)= Jump
Triangle = pick up weapon or...
~Edward = Dash up attack, or Dash forward attack if you use the left joystick too
~Alphone = Kick up attack, or Dash forward attack if you use the left joystick too
Square = Punch attack/talk to ppl/open treasure cases/pick up items (sparkles)
Start = main menu, your item/accessary/bonus point/status/map..etc
Select/Up/Down = Switch roles (switch between Ed/Al)
Left = show map (show treasure chests/entrance/exit)
Right = show surrounding (show where your brother is, or show surrounding enemies)
Left joystick = move around
Right joystick = move your view
R1 = Tell your brother to move/stop/transmute weapon/use weapon/Tell Al to toss Ed up (Ed can't toss Al up, of cuz xD)
R2 = Dodge
L1 = lock your view back to forward
L2 = use alchemy
~Edward
~~L2 + Circle = Wall
~~ + Cross (X) = Big hammer
~~ + Trangle = Big sword
~~ + Square = Spear
~Alphonse
~~L2 + Circle = Big round rock
~~ + Cross (X) = Transmute a pillar that allows him to jump higher
~~ + Trangle = Aru mine (uh, you know, those bomb that you place on the ground to bomb people when they step on it? It's so cute! x3)
~~ + Square = Wind sucker (sucks surround enemies towards it)
{{Personal favourite attack of Al... transmute wind sucker, then transmute mines continuously around it to bomb enemies... the mines won't hurt Al or Ed}}
Circle + Triangel = Super Attack (but it sucks in this game... TT___TT) attack method is um... well, not combined attack but uh @_@
~Edward = the punches coming up from the ground, same as that in game 2 except it is weaker and Al doesn't toss him up
~Alphonse = Use a big pillar, spin around and hit people... like that of game 1 except that this one doesn't hit as well as the game 1

Attribute
~Edward = Fire
~Alphonse = Ice
so for weapons.... it's, uh, Ed can transmute certain fire attribute attacks while Al transmute the other... so if you are controling Ed and you want an Ice attribute weapon, then you can either, switch role into Al and transmute it, or use R1 to tell Al to transmute it. Ed and Al can use any weapons transmuted (I think in the game 1, there are some weapons that only Ed can use and some only Al can... this doesn't apply in this game)

Tag Battle
Game play, only tag battle is good for 2 people ... for story mode, it's still only one person... so tag battle is like um...
Main Character: Ed
Sub Character: Al
Same as story mode, Al can die as many times as your creulty allows, but if Ed dies you get game over. You pass through 3 levels by beating all enemy in the area before you die, and you only get about 10 small potions in total for all 3 levels (start with like 2/3, then as you beat up enemies you get a few more). After you beat the first stage, you unlock monsters from game 2... and I think after you beat this second stage you unlock monsters from game 1? Well, I haven't beaten the second stage yet since it's pretty hard ^^; Try beating that monster in that whatever village (where Havoc was injured) with only 10 small potions and in level 3 @_@;;

Gallery
10 movies + 92 (or 96? forgot) illustrations
~1: Kanashimi no Kizu OP (pretty animation for this one happy.gif)
~2: PV, 1 and a half minute version of Kitade Nana singing Kanashimi no Kizu
~3: 30 minutes 裏鋼 「神を継ぐ少女」 (um, funny preview of the game, Ura Hagaren... they talk too fast so I have no idea what they said and well only had one semester of Jap 9 before xD;; don't expect me to be good) (For those that bought japanese DVD of the episodes would know what 裏鋼 is.)
~4: Attack to the City of Vandola
~5: The Mysterious Girl (how Edo-tachi encounter Sofie and witness her power)
~6: The Flame Priest (how Ed/Al saved Useless and started fighting the Flame Priest)
~7: (forgot ^^; )
~8: The birth of Beluma (the god)
~9: Prologue (Something happens to Edo...)
~10: Happy Ending happy.gif (finally, a game with happy ending biggrin.gif)

Status
攻撃力 = Attack strength
防守力 = Defense strength
錬成力 = Alchemy strength
体力 = Health

Items (used reference for some of them to save myself typing time, would be nice if they translated the items too tho sleep.gif those with * means they weren't on the Chinese guide)

回復藥(小)= Potion (small) = Restore 50 HP
 回復藥(中)= Potion (medium) = Restore 100 HP
 回復藥(大)= Potion (Large) = Restore 400
 全回復藥 = Full Restore Potion
 たまねぎ = Onion = Restore 30 HP
 にんじん = Ginseng (some sort of root plant that is very expensive and is sadi to ne nutritious) = Restore 40 HP
 ジャガイモ = {Potato = Restore 50 HP
 小麦粉 = wheat flour = Restore 60 HP
 いちご = strawberry = Restore 15 HP
 野战レーション (not sure what this is... Battle... sth) = Restore 150 HP (Ed only, if I remember correctly)
 磨きタオル = Polishing Towel = Restore 150 HP (Aru only)
 牛乳 = Milk = Increase Health (strength-wise) by one (which gives am extra 10 HP to total possible HP) and increase 5 HP
 *牛肉 (安) = Cheap beef = Restore 29 HP (Edo only)
 *牛肉 (貴) = Valuable beef = Restore 290 HP (Edo only)
 *牛肉 (腐) = Rotten beef = Damage 29 HP (Edo only) {{Useless item >_> I wonder if this item can kill him?? Gotta try later! xD}}
 体力の秘藥(小) = Health Medicine (small) = Health strength increase by 1
 体力の秘藥(中) = Health Medicine (medium) = Health strength increase by 2
 体力の秘藥(大) = Health Medicine (large) = Health strength increase by 3
 力の秘藥(小) = Strength Medicine (small) = Attack strength increase by 1
 力の秘藥(中) = Strength Medicine (medium) = Attack strength increase by 2
 力の秘藥(大) = Strength Medicine (large) = Attack strength increase by 3
 守りの秘藥(小) = Defense Medicine (small) = Defense strength increase by 1
 守りの秘藥(中) = Defense Medicine (medium) = Defense strength increase by 2
 守りの秘藥(大) = Defense Medicine (large) = Defense strength increase by 3
 煉金の秘藥(小) = Alchemy Medicine (small) = Alchemy strength increase by 1
 煉金の秘藥(中) = Alchemy Medicine (medium) = Alchemy strength increase by 2
 煉金の秘藥(大) = Alchemy Medicine (large) = Alchemy strength increase by 3
 真理の秘藥(小) = Medicine of Truth (small) = All status strength increase by 1
 真理の秘藥(中) = Medicine of Truth (small) = All status strength increase by 2
 真理の秘藥(大) = Medicine of Truth (small) = All status strength increase by 3
 超秘藥 = Ultra Medicine - All status strength increase by 100 (limited to playing for second time)
 成長の秘藥 = Medicine of growth = increase 1 bonus point
 キャットフード = CAT FOOD xD = Attack strength increase by 1 + Restore 5 HP
 煮干し = Dried Sardine = Defense strength increase by 1 + Restore 5 HP
 キャンディ = Candy = Alchemy strength increase by 1 + Restore 5 HP
 秘密の史書(1)──某書本【復仇の神、ヴェルザ】 = Secret History book ~ God of Vengeance, Belruza
(more to go)

--again, My Japanese sucks, so I am getting the names of the citys and stuff by ear, spelling is probably wrong, and for some that I can't hear will be replaced with weird names I will come up with @_@ hope you don't mind ^^;--

Prologue
The 4 Priests of Belruza started to attack the city of Vandola (There is a correct spelling in the game but I am too lazy to go check)... They summoned the Obelisk Towers (3) in order to collect souls as they kill people in Vandola... For the revival of the god Belruza, who has the power to distory the world...

Chapter 1 - Fall of Vandola
Edo/Aru/Winry visiting the City of Vandola because Edo received a letter from Roy saying that there could be a Philosopher's Stone here... and found out that this city is being attacked. Winry then gonemissing so Ed/Al went to look for her (in the process, beating up all the random villains + learning attack mode/skills as you play)

-one of the things you learn is that only Al can walk thru fires and other dangerous areas... (remember how in the last 2 games Al can still get injured by these stuff? Here in thie game 1LP will ne inflicted for every second he is in the fire and such but he won't get bounced away by the fire) At the first fire you see, Al will rescue a little girl and call him scary or sth xD;;
-second fire you see, go into it, and you will find the first cat... don't ask me names, x-x; I don't remember
-this chapter is pretty straight forward, not much mazes

...and finally found her being surrounded by some weird people @_@ (those, they call them "God's Soldier"... so yea, ppl from Belruza) Ed got mad, and went to beat all of them up... Then the 3 of them heard a scream and went to see... this is the part where they meet Sofie, that gray haired girl (main chara of this game), who got surrounded by one of the Priests who controls Ice... Ed tried to attack Ice Priest (no idea what his name is... he looks gay tho) to save Sofie but failed. Just when Ed/Al were gonna be attacked, Sofie suddenly releases this strong power and forced away Iceman and his gang... and then Sofie fainted (This was the animation, the mysterious girl), and after she woke up, it went on with her past blah blah blah (1. she ran away from Belruza with her dad, who is dead now 2. The Priests uses this special "Mark" as their power source 3. They want to revive the "God" to annaliate the world) and after hearing the story, Ed and Al took Sofie's "Sacred Mark" so that they can gain the power to help Sofie save the world. (up to this point, this game plotline feels lame...)

-By the way, Ed and Al brought her to a church after rescueing her... and you come back to this church right after each chapter to save game and to decide whether you carry on to next chapter to fight, or go back to older chapters to train/pick up more items

(more to go... my turn to play biggrin.gif)

Partial Reference: Chinese Game Guide from BlueBird's Illusion forum (I used it as a partial reference to my version... not translating their version because some parts they put, I disagree with...)
AA battery
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Aug 5 2005, 05:23 PM)
armor-alchemist: AHAHAHAHA!!!! Where did you read this....? O_o On that message board of some where else? I wanna know what the item is!!!

*whispers* (Molesting Edo is FUN!) ^^
[snapback]242468[/snapback]

... I own the game. (just that my japanese is crap so... I dunno what that item is)
Karo
\when does this come out?
AA battery
the japanese version came out about 2 weeks ago... no idea when the English one will come out
lialiakicks
Poo... ;____;
Yukina_Raven
@armor-alchemist : O_O .................. *ROTFLMAO* Ed = No luck with women. They all try to kill him. Winry with her wrench, Lust with her extending nail thingies of death, etc. etc. XDDDDDDDDDDD And now Sophie tries to kill him with embarrassment. Yeesh. Ed gets molested AND humliated AND killed (...again...) and he STILL doesn't win. I think he wins the award for "Anime Character With the Crappiest Life" laugh.gif Still, though... JEALOUS that you have the game! Give us all the juciy details, 'kay? I'm a spoiler whore, ya see... XD

@lialiakicks : *Whispers* I know. XDDDDD
Fullmetal Fangirl
I was just wondering...whats with Riza and the shadow...is she gonna get bashed?! NOOO! sorry that was random
Yukina_Raven
I dunno. Apprently she does because there's a picture of Roy visiting her in the hospital afterwards. AW. XD
Fullmetal Fangirl
yeah i know! *squee* thats the only reason I want that game
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.