Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coldplay
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Slashrose1010
Aherm yes, this is a thread for all Coldplay lovers. I love Speed of Sound but I still think Yellow is better. Parachutes is a great CD. Hoepfully, X&Y will be equally if not better than Parachutes. The band isn't great live, but they are still a good band. They have a nice sound and have some good lyrics. They are one of my favorite bands right now. Coldplay and Queen are like soul food tongue.gif
adamclark
you haven't gotten X&Y yet? and you call yourself a coldplay fan! just kidding.

Speed of Sound is what got me into Coldplay, honestly. I really like that song.

i have x&Y and think yellow might be a better album. i really like the acoustic stuff off of parachutes too.

you don't like em live? i've never seen them, but i saw their special on VH1 and that seemed really cool.
foolmetal alchemist
You'll like X&Y alot Slash! It's not as good as Parachutes though. I feel it's their second best album, but that's only my opinion. biggrin.gif
Zarpia
laugh.gif I was just thinking "when is Slash gonna make a thread bout Coldplay?" tongue.gif

I love "Speed of Sound" too, and with the video is even better, I only have on cd "parachutes" and i need to get the rest of them.
Slashrose1010
laugh.gif Hey, I have limited money and I wanted to get Parachutes first tongue.gif I heard that Rush of Blood to the Head wasn't as good as Parachutes either, but heard some good things about X&Y. I am planning to get X&Y next time I have to go to the dentist tongue.gif Yeah, I pass by Best Buy so I can get it there wink.gif
adamclark
at least you have something to look forward to when you go to the dentist!

rush of blood might be their greatest album, in terms of critical acclaim and songwriting...
Carnal Malefactor
I still have yet to hear this band...
Be forwarned, Bacon. I am going to send you a bunch of songs you will not like tomorrow tongue.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I was going to make a topic on coldplay soon, I just never got to making it. Ah well.

Rush of blood to the head is suppose to be their best album. They did win a grammy for it.

Is it me or does the Speed of sound song, remind you of justin timberlake's song, with the flashy lights? Except it doesn't look like cheap lights. XD
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Aug 1 2005, 03:01 PM)
Is it more or does the Speed of sound song, remind you of justin timberlake's song, with the flashy lights? Except it doesn't look like cheap lights. XD
[snapback]236879[/snapback]

I haven't seen the music video, but the song doesn't remind me of it at all. biggrin.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 1 2005, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Aug 1 2005, 03:01 PM)
Is it me or does the Speed of sound song, remind you of justin timberlake's song, with the flashy lights? Except it doesn't look like cheap lights. XD
[snapback]236879[/snapback]

I haven't seen the music video, but the song doesn't remind me of it at all. biggrin.gif
[snapback]236887[/snapback]

Damn you, Foolmetal, always catching my typos!

The two music videos remind me of each other. o_o
adamclark
oh god, i hope coldplay doesn't resemble timberlake in any way!

i mean justin is talented, but i really don't listen to his music!
Fresh_Coffee
Well.. in no way is their music the same. It's just that I remember one of JT's videos.. and it has a bunch of flashy lights, so does the speed of sound video. @_@ Except JT's video looks like it was a ten dollar video.
JudasPriest1
What is this 'cold play' of which you speak?
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Aug 1 2005, 04:06 PM)
What is this 'cold play' of which you speak?
[snapback]236998[/snapback]

I pity you for not liking Coldplay. If you tried it you would love it.
Fresh_Coffee
Actually Coldplay is fine live. o_o
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Coffee)
[snapback]237739[/snapback]

Coldplay is coming to Florida in September, and my sister's friend got her tickets to a concert. She is so lucky! laugh.gif
Zarpia
I love when Coldplay performs(sp?) live
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Aug 2 2005, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE(Coffee)
[snapback]237739[/snapback]

Coldplay is coming to Florida in September, and my sister's friend got her tickets to a concert. She is so lucky! laugh.gif
[snapback]237744[/snapback]

They came to toronto ohmy.gif and all the tickets were sold out. So, many people lined up for free tickets. I think they are coming again, the tickets are probably sold out. ;__;
Laffe
they pwnz
Prinz_Zoisit
my favorite from coldplay is clocks.... i heard it one year ago when i was in the military...

i was sleeping and i was about to wake up, but still was half-dreaming and i heard this song(clocks) and in my dream this music was playing...
this dream was about somebody who can open tresors... weird?!^^;;

"clocks" is very melancholic music for me! *sigh
DonnaDelDrago
I like Coldplay. Especially "Trouble".
But at the moment I don't want to hear them at all.
Stupid radio stations are playing the same songs over and over again!
I just don't want to hear "Speed of Sound" whenever I turn on the radio!
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(DonnaDelDrago @ Aug 8 2005, 11:34 AM)
I like Coldplay. Especially "Trouble".
But at the moment I don't want to hear them at all. 
Stupid radio stations are playing the same songs over and over again!
I just don't want to hear "Speed of Sound" whenever I turn on the radio!
[snapback]246018[/snapback]

I love trouble, it's such a nice song. smile.gif
Slashrose1010
I don't like Trouble that much. I prefer Ladder to the Sun or Til Kingdom Come more ^^ but it is still a good song.
joanne45
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jul 31 2005, 02:46 PM) [snapback]234899[/snapback]
Aherm yes, this is a thread for all Coldplay lovers. I love Speed of Sound but I still think Yellow is better. Parachutes is a great CD. Hoepfully, X&Y will be equally if not better than Parachutes. The band isn't great live, but they are still a good band. They have a nice sound and have some good lyrics. They are one of my favorite bands right now. Coldplay and Queen are like soul food tongue.gif

And dont forget The Scientist, Trouble, Fix You and Don't Panic. You're right, dude or dudette. They're like soul food. Queen are also rock us!!!
asunder
ehh talk about necroing dead threads....

Coldplay will make the first single from their new album available as a free download to fans who visit the English band's Web site.
"Violet Hill," the first single from "Viva La Vida," will be available on http://www.coldplay.com from 7:15 a.m. EDT Tuesday, one week before it goes on sale at digital retailers.

It will be available as a free download from the Web site for one week, a statement said.

http://www.coldplay.com/song.html
or if you don't want to give out your information, here it is via sendspace -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/59ejsl

enjoy!
Chiyo
^So they fixed it did they? First downloading attempts went quite wrong
Slashrose1010
I like their new album; the only song I wasn't thrilled with was Lovers in Japan. They had some really good songs like Cemeteries of London, Violet Hill, Viva La Vida, and Strawberry Swing.

Also, does anyone know why Amsterdam is such a popular song? I don't get it. It's extremely boring, imo.
Forgiven
Parachutes is my favorite album by them. Spies is my all time favorite song by them to. Never saw them in concert though. Shame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.