Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Rant Against Adultswim
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
adamclark
well, i was just getting more and more angry over the way adultswim has organized their shows.

(i don't know if this is the right section for this post, so you can move it to another one, mods, if you see fit).

when the anime saturday rantings tanked several weeks in a row they complained about it for a week, then threw futurama on at 11.

they only did this because if rantings stay low for too long, the bigwigs above them might considering tanking adultswim altogether (it wasn't too long ago that saturdays weren't "adultswim" at all).

the past few viewer response nights, they only made fun of viewer comments again and again. Also they had a recent bump were they commented that they disregarded viewer prefences.

Coupled that with their usual insulting attitude toward their viewers, it makes me more and more dissatisfied with THEIR performance (Not to mention how they jack with the anime shows and schedules so much!).

Now i don't want to sound crazy, but if I could get people to boycot them...i'd feel a lot better.
Scars of love
What would Fullmetal come on then? Anime unleashed? sorry but unless they replace AdultSwim entriely with a better uncut midnight anime block on craptoon network then we might as well stick with the best we've got for now. i don't want a different team showing the stuff unless they.....

Show the full uncut verisions of shows.(not editing out champloo and some scenes from FMA like Scar blowing up heads)
Show the full FMA endings
Show more uncut animes
have 1 or 2 animes subbed that won't ever get dubbed

If another anime uncut block could do the stuff AdultSwim can't do then by all means replace them but if they can't even do half the stuff they do then forget it. we just have to hope the ratings get better. you have to remember the animes they're showing right now aren't too good or popular. hopefully they'll get Naruto for AdultSwim midnight and not for Toonami.
adamclark
aren't too good? which ones do you mean? FMA--from what I've always heard--is one of the most popular animes ever. I'm not sure about the others.

but your missing the point. its not a matter of removing adultswim (if they're not around, though, i'm sure someone will pop up showing anime), but holding them responsible for their poor treatment of their fans.

viewers are the only reason they exist. if they can't respect them and possible take in mind their tastes and preference when choosing shows, then they should undergo "retooling."

and that's not even going into the comedy section. some of their original shows are the most poorly production animation i've ever seen (but i won't get into that hear.)

eh.. blame it on ted turner. he owns Cartoon Network and most television stations in america.
Scars of love
Well the animes they show are good but....some aren't popular. and no one at my school that are hooked on anime even knows what FMA is and they call themselves anime fans. LMAO! *slaps all of them with laughing stick* so it obvisouly isn't too popular. s cry ed is sorta lame imo and thats about it.
adamclark
yeah, i really DONT dig s-cry-ed (can't even pronounce it).

but i would think fullmetal would be popular to anime fans. I mean, what the heck are they watching? DBZ? come on! (its time to move on!)

but it could be that FMA is not like most anime, and the things that many anime fans like aren't in FMA (like giant robots, scifi outer space stuff, naked girls, excessive violence, and a general inconsistent and childish storyline, like DBZ).

i'll stick with FMA.
Scars of love
Yeah. they're all into anime girls in skimpy outfits with they're big b00bs hanging on the manga and dvd covers. I know one guy who likes FMA but suprisingly no girls. And i thought Ed and Al were pimps. biggrin.gif
adamclark
gee, i never really saw them in that light (i never realized people thought of them like that until i came here, scary).

but it can also be that since FMA is on adult swim that an older group of people are into it (unless i am so crazy to think that kids don't watch it) and not teens and such...
TheVileOne
QUOTE(adamclark @ Jul 31 2005, 05:15 AM)
well, i was just getting more and more angry over the way adultswim has organized their shows.

(i don't know if this is the right section for this post, so you can move it to another one, mods, if you see fit).

when the anime saturday rantings tanked several weeks in a row they complained about it for a week, then threw futurama on at 11.

they only did this because if rantings stay low for too long, the bigwigs above them might considering tanking adultswim altogether (it wasn't too long ago that saturdays weren't "adultswim" at all).

I don't know what you are talking about and where you got this.

If its from the little Adult Swim cards, I think you are taking what is supposed to be offbeat humor too seriously.

the past few viewer response nights, they only made fun of viewer comments again and again.  Also they had a recent bump were they commented that they disregarded viewer prefences.

Coupled that with their usual insulting attitude toward their viewers, it makes me more and more dissatisfied with THEIR performance (Not to mention how they jack with the anime shows and schedules so much!).

Once again, I think you are taking the bumper cards too seriously. And some of the viewers on the boards are idiots. In fact...a lot of them are smile.gif .

Now i don't want to sound crazy, but if I could get people to boycot them...i'd feel  a lot better.
[snapback]233698[/snapback]

I think I'll boycott you instead tongue.gif .
adamclark
well vile, i'm glad to see i am able express my opinion and receive such warm support on these boards.

and a viewer does have the right to be upset with the performance of a television program.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(adamclark @ Aug 1 2005, 01:03 AM)
well vile, i'm glad to see i am able express my opinion and receive such warm support on these boards.

and a viewer does have the right to be upset with the performance of a television program.
[snapback]235207[/snapback]

I'm confused. Are you disappointed with Adult Swim or Fullmetal Alchemist? Adult Swim isn't a program, Fullmetal Alchemist is.
Pamster
I don't think they were really nice in those rude bumps talking about how they served up a plate of anime and we're not even eating it why should they give us a second one, but hey it's their brand of sarcastic humor so I ignored it because the ratings from what I hear were pretty sweet. wink.gif You're entitled to an opinion of course and this is the place to express it, but I wouldn't expect people to boycott FMA on AS because that is the only place many of us can see the Dub. I know its where I first saw FMA after hearing about it online I was curious and its now my favorite show. smile.gif
adamclark
i'd never boycott FMA. that would be madness
TheVileOne
I still don't get what you are upset about adamclark. By boycotting adult swim you would be boycotting FMA as well you know.
Senefen
>.> at least you get decent shows on Adult swim. In Australia they hadent put anything new on since September 2 years ago. Recently they put InuYasha on at 11pm every night. THATS OUR NEW SHOW PEOPLE!
AlphonseRules
I am happy with adult swim. If it wasn't for AS I would not be watching anime. Not because it wouldn't be on, but because I used to be anti-anime until I saw FMA on adult swim. The bumps are just for fun you know. When people send in something stupid the make fun of them, it's supposed to be funny. Maybe I will become an AS promoter. biggrin.gif
TheVileOne
adamclark is just being a crazy baka.
the_lightning_alchemist10
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Aug 9 2005, 05:14 PM)
I am happy with adult swim.  If it wasn't for AS I would not be watching anime.  Not because it wouldn't be on, but because I used to be anti-anime until I saw FMA on adult swim.  The bumps are just for fun you know.  When people send in something stupid the make fun of them, it's supposed to be funny.  Maybe I will become an AS promoter. biggrin.gif
[snapback]247157[/snapback]

I agree with ya. Also, I 2 was a former anime-hater. What was I thinking back then?
ymsg
I'm okay with adult swim. It's the only place you can really get mostly uncut decent anime. While some of their cracks suck, like Vile said, some of their viewers are total bakas. You just can't take them seriously.
TheRegent
QUOTE(ymsg @ Aug 18 2005, 04:12 PM)
I'm okay with adult swim. It's the only place you can really get mostly uncut decent anime. While some of their cracks suck, like Vile said, some of their viewers are total bakas. You just can't take them seriously.
[snapback]255175[/snapback]

I used to get my anime fix way back when on Encore's Action channel. I'd liked anime from some sort of movie taking place on a space station where some guy had to rescue somebody from there, and the commander was all pissed that his crew was running away while the station was destroyed. Yeah, not much detail but it was long ago and I wasn't very old. I watched Blue Seed, New Dominion Tank Police, and a slew of movies on Action years ago. Do they still show some anime?

Now I've been watching Inuyasha and FMA on AS for a few weeks. I've gotten hooked. I heard they're going to have Evangelion on in October, which is good because I never could watch too much when I had the opportunity years ago. I just hope it doesn't conflict with either of my new favorites.

I don't really like AS either. Their own shows usually look like crap and are about as funny as said brown matter. Robot Chicken is the only one I get much of a laugh out of from time to time.

Oh, hi everybody! biggrin.gif
Robot Chicken is funny though. But, I think some of their other shows were cool too. On the other hand, people say I got a weird sense of humor.
edochick
QUOTE(ymsg @ Aug 18 2005, 02:12 PM)
[snapback]255175[/snapback]

I agree! The bumps can be a little >_> out there. But, like almost everyone has said, you just can't take them seriously tongue.gif they're stupid but who cares. I mean c'mon. Without AS, you wouldn't get animes like FMA or Samurai Champloo. I wouldn't want the only anime network I'd be watching to be toonami. huh.gif would you? They're giving us great anime (not counting a few others rolleyes.gif ) and that's what matters.
very true. not like certain other networks *cough*4kids*cough*
Jen_Elric
I totally agree with you Edochick!! I actually laugh at AS's stupid bumps. Don't ask me why, though. dry.gif

If it weren't for AS, I would have never been intoduced to great anime, like Inuyasha, FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Trigun, and others!!
I woudn't be happy if the only anime I watched were the ones on Toonami. Ex: One Piece, Zatch Bell, Dragonball GT (these are ok, but you all know what I mean)
edochick
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Aug 23 2005, 11:25 AM)
I totally agree with you Edochick!!  I actually laugh at AS's stupid bumps.  Don't ask me why, though. dry.gif

If it weren't for AS, I would have never been intoduced to great anime, like Inuyasha, FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Trigun, and others!!
I woudn't be happy if the only anime I watched were the ones on Toonami.  Ex: One Piece, Zatch Bell, Dragonball GT (these are ok, but you all know what I mean)
[snapback]259203[/snapback]

lol I laugh at them too. It's just something silly to enjoy for a few hours.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Eh, AS has it's place. I used to watch anime on there until I learned about the magic of torrents. I was introduced to some good series on there like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop so I don't completely hate it. It does tend to show really stupid shows. The only ones I like besides Futurama and Family Guy are Robot Chicken and Sealab. The rest can go off and die a horrible death as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, as far as AS dissing the people on their boards, well, have you ever been to their forums? It's a vile den of stupidity and I think I get dumber just thinking about logging in over there. No wonder they get dissed.
I just read some posts on their forum. I'm afraid to look again right now.
Jen_Elric
Envy's lil miniskirt, I know EXACTLY what you mean about AS's forums! I used to go on there, and be sickened about how people would say how much they love a show, but then go on to say how "stupid" or "annoying" a character is on that show!! There is also WAAAYYY too much negativity, I couldn't stand it. And, yes, I was afraid of becoming incredibly stupid if I continued to go on their forums.

As for their shows, (other than anime) I like Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, ATHF, and Harvey Birdman. That's about it.
LoMXD
I really dont have a problem with AS I like how theeey show there schedule, but dont like there reason for changing the lineups so often. when inuyasha was taken off for awhile, they switched their shcedule around several times a week. that just really pssed me off.
adamclark
they usually switch up their lineup to boost ratings. if viewership is too low, cartoon network might pull the plug on the whole AS program. Also higher ratings mean they can charge advertisers more $$$.

its always about the money
True. If ya ask me, people are too money hungry today. They don't care about the real problem pick a damn good line-up, and stick with it!!!!
I LOVE Edward
POOOOOOOOOOOOO I LIKE IT HOW IT IS!!!!! I GOIN TO HAVE TO MISS IT A LOT ON Saterdays
Maes-Hughes
what wrong with the schedule?
I LOVE Edward
they put fma on saterday and lot of plp will have to miss it
Azura Elric
...I'm not complaining about the Sat slot....BUT THEY MOVED IT BACK!! << What the heck, first it was August, then Sept now it's Oct!! T_T Darn you adult Swim!!!
I LOVE Edward
well they do play fma 4 times a week but only one new one
TheVileOne
Hate to break it to you baka, but Saturday is when they were airing new episodes last year and this year.
chocolate_eds_everywhere
well the only problem i have with [as] is that they r repeating there shows over and over again so fma is all repeats and its driving me crazy. ya and if it wasn't 4 [as] i would be watching toonami and then that would be it. and thats not good enough.

for [as] other shows i like family guy and futurerama(or however u spell it) smile.gif but robot chiken and athf scare me blink.gif huh.gif sad.gif

ya i also laugh when they insult the stupid people cause the truth is tv makes u stupid and about 95.5% of people in america are well stupid even i have a lod of stupid
(i'm just more giddy and random than stupid laugh.gif tongue.gif )
chocolate_eds_everywhere
ya [as] really sucks how they chang things over and over again mad.gif
Jen_Elric
Well, FMA is starting the new episodes tomorrow!!
YAY!!
Tomorrow!!! YES!!!!!! I <3 Saturdays!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.