Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 47 - 9/4/2004
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RolfKaese
Official Summary of the Square-Enix Page:

賢者の石となったアルを巡り、対峙するエドとスロウス。アルはいまだスロウスに母親の面影を感じ、惑う。侵した罪。本当の贖罪を、自らの手で果たす為、エドは今、スロウスに立ち向かう。

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image[img]http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/hagaren/onair/image/onair47_05.jpg[/img][img]http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/hagaren/onair/image/onair47_06.jpg[/img]
agate
translations anyone? XD mind you, it's rough and probably has mistakes in it, and porbably not very good, but eh....

Ed and Sloth confront each other over Al, who has become the philosipher's stone. Al can still feel traces of their mother in Sloth, and is puzzled. the Sin they've committed. In order to defeat their sin, he(they?) must face it himself/themselves. Ed now confronts Sloth.

if anyone can point out mistakes and correct them, that'd be great. lol
Chibi Viki
EDIT: i wonder if roy and the military will be in ep 47? anyway, hmm... will they be able to kill sloth? homonculous-centric, envy and gluttony seem to be missing though.
Guest_GUEST
Hi, do you all know how to make pics using windows media player...
the thing is , if they kill sloth how are they going to get back their limbs ? are they going to put the bucket of water in front of the gate or what?
fullmetal caca
I can't wait to see wrath catch a beat down.

that kid ate some red stones now he thinks he's all hard.

he's still a chump if you ask me
Hym
well wrath is still a kid like u said and he is pretty strong , i dont know if u noticed but the last 2 times he fought ed , he won , ed was helped by the baby's cry, and the second time he made a mistake cuz ed angered him^^
MaesHughes
SPOILERS AHEAD!

well, kinda... anyway, if you watched the episode preview after the ending of episode 46, it's very apparent that they kill Sloth, although i could be wrong but i doubt it.

first you see...
[img]http://www.catsmacks.com/auroraborealis/sloth1.jpg[/img]

then you see...
[img]http://www.catsmacks.com/auroraborealis/sloth2.jpg[/img]

and the real kicker....
[img]http://www.catsmacks.com/auroraborealis/sloth3.jpg[/img]
Hym
well ed has all the elements to kill a homonculus ... but i dont know why , i doubt about sloth death with only those images, when greed died we couldn't see a single part of his body , but in this image , we see that there is still water , maybe it will disappear just like greed but for the moment we cant be sure 100%

Can u tell me what prog u use to extract images from videos^^?
Midnight
My guess is that she's going to die. Ed already has her weak point (he visited his mother's grave). As for there still being water, there's no reason why all the homonculus should die in the same way. They're all very different from each-other. Or maybe Sloth won't die, but be sealed (similar to the way Greed was sealed away). Maybe she won't be able to transform back to solid form after that. The episode is named "homonculus sealed" after all (if I'm not mistaken).

As for how to make screenshots of movies: In mediaplayer press ctrl+i
MaesHughes
hehe yes, i use VLC Player to watch mah anime, you can download it from:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

it doesn't have a screen cap feature as far as i know, but what i do is pretty simple"

open two instances of VLC player, open the movie file that you want to take screencaps from in both instances of the player. pause one of them.

go to the one that is still playing and find the shot you want to take a screen cap of, pause it, and hit your "Prnt Scrn" button on your keyboard. this should take a screencap of your entire computer screen, then just paste it into a program like paint shop pro or adobe photoshop or something similar and voila, there it is.

the reason you have to have two instances of the player open, with one paused, is that your computer won't take a screencap with only one instance running, it has something to do with your graphics card or something technical like that. biggrin.gif

hope that helps!
Hym
y it helps thx a lot^^
By the way , sry for my bad english i am french^^
Kodachrome
If the water screenshot is really when she dies, then this anime has inconsistencies in how the Homunculi die, because I seriously dobut either Ed or Al will be able to conjure the Serpent's Cross (not to mention they know NOTHING about it or it's effect on the Homunculi) to get rid of all of Sloth's red water so she can't keep living.

I really don't think she's dead right there. She could just suspend herself in water form on the ground to fake them all out, and even Wrath takes the bait.

And if she is dead right there, then where the hell did Ed and Al get knowledge about the Serpent's Cross and etc?
SpaceDrake
Quite possible that the Serpent Cross isn't NECESSARY for killing a homunculus - they draw power from the Soul Stones, mind, and Sloth has only been alive a few years. She probably doesn't have as much "vitality" as Greed (who, by all indications, was several centuries old at the time of his death), and therefore doesn't need to be "dispelled" prior to being pwnzorificated. Ditto with Wrath and perhaps Lust - you'll note that the single lock of hair completely STUNS Lust, and she's been gulping souls for over a decade.

How they're going to kill Envy without catching it in a Dispelling Circle the size of a house, however, is beyond me. (And if they get Envy without a circle, THEN I will be disappointed.)
42 is out by the utensil you use to eat icecream with
QUOTE(SpaceDrake @ Sep 4 2004, 01:13 AM)
Quite possible that the Serpent Cross isn't NECESSARY for killing a homunculus - they draw power from the Soul Stones, mind, and Sloth has only been alive a few years. She probably doesn't have as much "vitality" as Greed (who, by all indications, was several centuries old at the time of his death), and therefore doesn't need to be "dispelled" prior to being pwnzorificated. Ditto with Wrath and perhaps Lust - you'll note that the single lock of hair completely STUNS Lust, and she's been gulping souls for over a decade.

How they're going to kill Envy without catching it in a Dispelling Circle the size of a house, however, is beyond me. (And if they get Envy without a circle, THEN I will be disappointed.)

Sorry, the case of Lust and her 'weakness' is already another big inconsistency in how it is handled. Just watch all the episodes involving Scar, the locket and her, especially ones involving Al. Watch Greed's reaction when he is entering Dante's house and how he got killed. Then watch ep 46.

If Lust's supposed to behave like in ep 46, she should just shut her eyes and flail her Ultimate Halberd blindly around because then she will have no weakness according to how the anime portrays it.
All the sins ate the stones, not 'years'. The stones give them the infinite 'lives'. Are you going to claim Sloth and the rest just ate only 1 to 2 stones and that's it. Go watch how many stones Wrath was given to munch on.
Kodachrome
QUOTE(SpaceDrake @ Sep 4 2004, 01:13 AM)

How the locket affects Lust changed EVERY episode.

And I don't think you're grasping just wtf the Serpent's Cross did or what the Red Water stones do for the Homunculi. Everytime a Homunculi is "killed," they waste a human live within the stones. Do you know how many lives are in each stone? Quite possibly millions. So there are two ways thus to get rid of the Red Water: Kill them [xx] number of times until they run out of Red Water (zzzZZZZZZ) or use the Cross to force them into reguitating them. Notably, Ed nor Al knows anything at this point about what the Cross even does or how to weaken a Homunculi except for paralysis via a part of their old body.
Virtue
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 4 2004, 03:40 AM)
Sorry, the case of Lust and her 'weakness' is already another big inconsistency in how it is handled. Just watch all the episodes involving Scar, the locket and her, especially ones involving Al. Watch Greed's reaction when he is entering Dante's house and how he got killed. Then watch ep 46.

If Lust's supposed to behave like in ep 46, she should just shut her eyes and flail her Ultimate Halberd blindly around because then she will have no weakness according to how the anime portrays it.

No, all he did was stumble and feel weak. The two transmutation circles made his powers flail and spit up the stones.

Edit: Also all of the stones they eat are INCOMPLETE stones. This means only a few human lives are in them, not millions :-/
QUOTE(Virtue @ Sep 4 2004, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 4 2004, 03:40 AM)

No, all he did was stumble and feel weak. The two transmutation circles made his powers flail and spit up the stones.

Edit: Also all of the stones they eat are INCOMPLETE stones. This means only a few human lives are in them, not millions :-/

Greed enters the house all fine and healthy. Greed enters the room, and starts to feel uncomfortable, his movements sluggish and painful. Greed doesn't know what's happening. Greed now sees the bones. Greed stumbles into the circle. Greed pukes his stones out crying "My life, my life". Alchemy ends, Greed regains some strength but is weaker than before, in fact, he now can be killed. Greed tells Ed that the homunculus are paralyzed by the presence of their original human bodies. Not that they can be killed by the presence.

Incomplete stones can contain hundreds of lives as what the condemned prisoners number to, especially for 130 years or more.

Powers fail? Ummm Greed, what then are you doing with that Ultimate Shield of yours in fighting Ed after you puke your stones out?

Looks like some people never could get their facts on the anime straight...
RolfKaese
small summery of the most important facts:

Wrath killed Lust.
Ed "transmuted" Sloth, she will die next episode, thats why it is entitled "Sayonara".
the whole episode is about the fight ed/al/lust vs. sloth/wrath.

i guess wrath dies next episode, too, because in the preview you see izumi appearing at the scene and WINRY!!! i wonder why she is there X_x

anyway, the episode clears up what happened with the failed Trisha after Al disappearing years ago. it went outside the house where Dante awaits the meatball lol. she then gives "it" p.stones to eat.
then in the flashback you see envy watching how sloth eats the stones, and at the end pride,envy,lust,gluttony and dante surround a bed in which sloth lies...

anyway, really sad episode... X_x
Kodachrome
How the hell did Wrath kill Lust?
RolfKaese
well, ed draw a circle like dante did to seal greed.
first sloth stepped on it, ed used bones of her in a small box...
al confused, throwing the box out of window, wrath sucking up this box.

sloth got into als armor, running off, ed behind them.

wrath and lust leftover.
anyway, some scenes before ed threw away the pendant from lust.

and lust who chases after wrath steps on the circle, wrath takes the pendant , places it in the circle, and since he can use alchemy, he activates the circle, causing lust to paralyse and be woundable like greed.
then wrath killed her...
Of course the things that are left unsaid are :
- how did Ed learn the circle?
- how did he have time to draw the circle?
- why on earth does he need to create a hand when he can do everything as well with just a stump?
- Wrath now knows complex alchemy? wtf!
- 1st, Lust is unaffected by her pendant (Ed threw it at her), then she is affected by it (Wrath threw it at her). wtf!
- what kind of idea is the last Wrath/Sloth moment all about?
RolfKaese
wrath thinks of sloth as a mother and wants to be forever with her, so connects himself with her.
but too bad, wrath sucked up the box with bones of sloth, so she gets paralyzed and ed can "transmute" her..
Kodachrome
That had... plothole xXxtreme... like how the hell, did Ed learn the Serpent's Cross anyway? And how did Al make himself run towards Ed when they made the Freezing circle or whatever on the tables when Sloth was in control of Al's body? -___- Furthermore, wtf happens to Sloth at the end when she turns green... --
Carnal Malefactor
Where the hell is the raw? I wanna see this so I know what y'all are talking about!!!!!
RolfKaese
*cough* check my signature IF u live in germany... wink.gif
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 4 2004, 05:02 PM)

He saw it, when he killed Greed, maybe he memorised it ?
Thats my best guess too. One thing about Lust, we don't actually see her die...you see her puking the red stones and on the circle,but you don't actually see her fade away. My guess is that she is dead, but it isn't confirmed (I think) =/
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 4 2004, 05:02 PM)

Of course the things that are left unsaid are :

It's on the floor of Dante's mansion. He says so himself that that's where he learned it from.

- how did he have time to draw the circle?

He doesn't need to "draw" it. He can just use alchemy to create it on the floor. Remember how in the 5th lab he used the 'pattycake' method to change a renseijin to having 7 sides?

- why on earth does he need to create a hand when he can do everything as well with just a stump?

Convenience + aesthetics. Not to mention it's much tougher to animate the stump with all those loose wires and jagged metal than it is the hand.

- Wrath now knows complex alchemy? wtf!

It's no more complex than when he transmuted himself to that bed. Alchemy is in many ways mind over matter

- 1st, Lust is unaffected by her pendant (Ed threw it at her), then she is affected by it (Wrath threw it at her). wtf!

When Ed throws it, she's standing outside the seal.

- what kind of idea is the last Wrath/Sloth moment all about?

A very strange case of Oedipus complex. tongue.gif
Master Fwiffo
I just watched the raw. Now iwll someone PLEASE tell me what the hell happened at the end? I have no freaken Idea what that was about.

SPOILERS

Lust is dead. Did not see that comming at all.

Tucker and Nina still live. Also surprising. I will continue to support the idea that Nina is the new Greed- or perhaps LUst now.

Sloth is not dead. Yet. As I said, I have no freaken clue what just happened.

Oh, and those 2 kids who pretended to be Ed and Al are back! Next episode anyway.

Man this is getting weird. I have no idea where they are taking this,...
Kodachrome
It's on the floor of Dante's mansion. He says so himself that that's where he learned it from.

How did he learn what the Serpent's Cross did though? -__- Ed was outside when it activated in Ep. 34 so he did not see what it did to Greed at all. -____-

When Ed throws it, she's standing outside the seal.

The seal is IRRELEVANT. Why would it suddenly be relevant after 6 episodes of seeing what it does to her in which the Cross was used 0 times in those previous episodes to stop her?
ZetaStriker
The seal is IRRELEVANT. Why would it suddenly be relevant after 6 episodes of seeing what it does to her in which the Cross was used 0 times in those previous episodes to stop her?

I'm thinking that you need a part of the Homunculus' body to use the seal. Greed's body was the medium when it was used on him, and Al and his mother's remains when he used it on her. Wrath used the locket to activate the seal when Lust was on it.

As for why it didn't affect her, look back at the episodes she was paralyzed by it. It was either opened, or she had pierced it with her Ultimate Halbred. The hair that affects her is inside, so as long as the locket is closed it can't affect her the way it would otherwise.
QUOTE(ZetaStriker @ Sep 5 2004, 05:28 AM)

I'm thinking that you need a part of the Homunculus' body to use the seal. Greed's body was the medium when it was used on him, and Al and his mother's remains when he used it on her. Wrath used the locket to activate the seal when Lust was on it.

As for why it didn't affect her, look back at the episodes she was paralyzed by it. It was either opened, or she had pierced it with her Ultimate Halbred. The hair that affects her is inside, so as long as the locket is closed it can't affect her the way it would otherwise.

Ummm sorry but Scar used it on Lust with effect when he was transmuting Al, scaring her to stay back, the locket was closed. Also Scar said as long as the locket is on Al, she cannot do anything to Al. When Ed threw the locket at Lust the first time in episode 46, the locket was not opened nor pierced either.
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 5 2004, 07:33 AM)
When Ed threw the locket at Lust the first time in episode 46, the locket was not opened nor pierced either.

You made a mistake there. Ed didn't throw the locket at her the first time in episode 46. It was in the drawer that she sliced up. Amazingly the locket didn't get sliced up. She also didn't notice its effects at all when she was in the room with Sloth and afterwards with the drawer stuck on her claws...
Kodachrome
QUOTE(ZetaStriker @ Sep 5 2004, 05:28 AM)

Rewatch FMA plz.

More weird stuff:
- Ed never actually activates the Serpent's Cross, he's not even standing on it when it just magically starts working on Sloth all by itself
- The Laboratory turns into a Machine Factory... wtf?
- Dante has like Auto-Homunculus Detect
- Ed says something about how Kimbley said that people were empty. ED WAS NO WHERE NEAR KIMBLEY WHEN KIMBLEY SAID THAT.
- Ed couldn't've seen the effects of the Serpent's Cross because the Cross's light are what he see's right when he arrives at Dante's house.
- Furthermore, how does Ed make the earlier deduction that Dante could possibly be the one leading the Homunculi? [ep46, really] Ignore the fact that YOU know it to be truth - how does Ed guess it when he's barely even met Dante and knew her for about five minutes?
Xaositect
Umm jus a note about the Dante thing, at the end of episode 45 Izumi says something about finding out something she will tell Ed later, perhaps she found Dante's carcass and figured she body swapped, Izumi probly knows alot more about Dante than it shows us in the anime and as such Ed may have deducted Dante = Lyra and is evil

Just my thoughts, Im nowhere near as..err..observant as most of you tongue.gif
RolfKaese
who cares about plot holes?`other anime have them , too. and as long it stays logical (for me it still is), its alright, the series still entertains me and with every coming episode it gets better and better :3
Eisenstard
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Sep 4 2004, 03:04 PM)
i guess wrath dies next episode, too, because in the preview you see izumi appearing at the scene and WINRY!!! i wonder why she is there X_x

I think thatshe isn't winry, I think is Envy
Virtue
As I've said in the past the serpent cross is actually a cross killing a snake, it is the opposite or the Oroborus. The Oroborus means eternal life, the serpent cross is a means to end eternal life.

ed gained knowledge from the gate. He possibly could have seen that seal and then when he saw it in Dante's house he realised it hurt Greed and it was a transumtation circle to stop the Homunculus.

Sloth being green, I think he figured a way to counter her powers. With Greed he realised Greed used Calcium to create a diamond hard armor over his body. Ed possibly figured out how Sloth made her body into water(chemically speaking H2O :-p).

And yeah, that has to be Envy(Winry). Envy wants to take the stone and winry is the best way...she was just in Risembool so if thats the real Winry, wtf Studio Bones XD
QUOTE(Virtue @ Sep 5 2004, 11:31 AM)
Sloth being green, I think he figured a way to counter her powers.  With Greed he realised Greed used Calcium to create a diamond hard armor over his body.  Ed possibly figured out how Sloth made her body into water(chemically speaking H2O :-p).

You just took the cake in showing your absolute ignorance of FMA. Wow calcium...
(first you say he dies and turns into black pieces, now you say he use calcium...)

Are you watching FMA or mistaking something else for FMA? blink.gif
The chinese sub for ep47 came out about 4 hours ago if anyone cares (it's by a quality group too).

Let me help you all clarify a few things (although I'm doing it from chinese to english so pardon any poor tranlsation of mine) since there's some arguments brewing here... unsure.gif (I'm not going to bother to reason them out, I jsut watch)

- Lust drew the circle with her claws to make the sins puke the stones out

- Ed thinks that Lust wants the locket, so he threw it at her. She says that's not what she wants

- Dante says "all you homunculus started out that way" when Envy say Sloth is getting more human-like

- Wrath after killing Lust says "To be human is to die? Then what does it mean to be completely human?"

- Sloth says all their memories are created by their creators

- Ed transformed his automail into sodium, reacting with the water to explode

- Ed says that he learnt in the fight against Greed that he can transform the components of human bodies just like Kimberley(sp?)

- Ed transformed Sloth into ether, planning to let her evaporate away

Why are there 2 episode 47 threads? (I'll post in both anyways) Hope was of help.
RolfKaese
you were of help, thx for clearing a few things up *thumbs up*
Queen of the dammed
I can't WAIT for an english sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif *Hint**Hint*
ZetaStriker
Rewatch FMA plz.

I just did, and when Scar holds up the closed locket to Lust it doesn't affect her. She just backs off at the threat of it.

h Greed he realised Greed used Calcium to create a diamond hard armor over his body

It was carbon, not calcium.

And now for the greater point, why the h*** do all you a******* even watch FMA if all you do is come here and complain about plotholes afterwards? You haven't seen the entire series or even been able to understand what was said in the episode, so how the hell can you retards claim there to be plotholes in the first place? At least wait for the sub!

And Kodachrome, I applaud you for having the b***s to be an a** with a registered account. If we made it so only registered accounts could post on these boards he'd probably be the only one left flaming and looking for plotholes before getting any real information.

/EDIT BY ROLF: stop swearing or else i warn you, okay? no offense and discussion on this low level, please.
Carnal Malefactor
Why the hell would they bring back the Tringham brothers?

Unless they're the ones who created Gluttony, I see no reason to put them back into the story.

Anyway, ep. 47 was unsatisfying. It didn't advance the plot and seemed to be put together sloppily [even if the alleged plotholes can be explained away after all].

The dialogue was really repetitive, too. I hope this is an isolated case, but I don't see things improving, now that pretty much all the show's mysteries have been solved. I'm getting to the point now where I care much less about the Elrics' fate than what happens with Mustang/Armstrong and the coup d'etat. I favor reserving ultimate judgment until I see the very end of the series, but a lot of factors seem stacked against the ending being any good. Then again, it's rare for any anime to have a really satisfying conclusion, especially longer series.

The one thing that did seem interesting was the fact that Dante appeared to know that the Elrics would end up creating a homunculus. I have to wonder if she's not the one who afflicted Trisha with her illness in the first place.
Well... they did say they are making the movie and supposedly they say the movie will make you understand the ending they had for the tv series?

Maybe they know the rushed ending they have and will try to give all the explanations in the movie?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 5 2004, 04:45 PM)
Well... they did say they are making the movie and supposedly they say the movie will make you understand the ending they had for the tv series?

Maybe they know the rushed ending they have and will try to give all the explanations in the movie?

Well, remember that this IS Bones that's doing this anime. They have a history of weird endings.
RolfKaese
the conclusion dante being the one who cursed illness on trish might be true...

think about it, dante is envious that hohenheim married another woman and "forgot" about her... so she is the leftover love and hates the elric spread, she even tried to kill the sons of hohenheim so many times using the homunculus ... it might really be true that she is the source for the suffering of the elric family...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.