Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Person In History
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LoMXD
well recently I have taken a liking to reading about Elizabeth I, Mary tudor(more commonly known as bloody mary) and Anne Bolyen(Bullen)
they all had something to do with King Henry VIII, Elizabeth was his daughter her mom was Anne Bolyen, and Mary was also his daughter,

so who's yout favorite person in history?

<Took our "Black" from the thread title since from the thread author's post and other posters' posts it seems obvious that the thread was meant for people of all races. ^^ 06/04/07 ~Tombow>
mongooseboi
do current people count as history. if so, i would nominate roger federer. this guy just kicks so much ass on the court its unbelivable. he is a piece of art heh. not only that, he got rid of his gay ponytail and now looks hella awesome.
Owarinai Yume
RUMIKO TAKAHASHI AND SHIGERO MIYAMOTO AND ODA NOBUNAGA
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 28 2005, 01:24 AM)
do current people count as history. if so, i would nominate roger federer. this guy just kicks so much ass on the court its unbelivable. he is a piece of art heh. not only that, he got rid of his gay ponytail and now looks hella awesome.
[snapback]229661[/snapback]

I have friend in college who likes Federer a lot too. Are you him? laugh.gif

My favorite historical figure is Daniel Boone. He's a country boy and he whore those cool racoon hats. biggrin.gif
mongooseboi
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jul 27 2005, 10:39 PM)
I have friend in college who likes Federer a lot too.  Are you him? laugh.gif

My favorite historical figure is Daniel Boone.  He's a country boy and he whore those cool racoon hats. biggrin.gif
[snapback]229780[/snapback]

why yes i am biggrin.gif
GeOrGe W. BuSh>!=D
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 28 2005, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Jul 27 2005, 10:39 PM)
I have friend in college who likes Federer a lot too.  Are you him? laugh.gif
[snapback]229780[/snapback]

why yes i am biggrin.gif
[snapback]229798[/snapback]

Cool, meet me at that secret spot where we like to go fishing. biggrin.gif

I also like Doc Holliday, Bat Masterson and all those other lawmen of the old west.
Berserker Alchemist
My Great Great Grandpa. ^__^
alchemist x
Robert E. Lee. I am related to him. On my moms side.
Last_one
Mine is Audi Murphy, the most decorated soldier of WW2. Also, I like William T Sherman, the greatest general of the Civial War.
Carnal Malefactor
...some dead guy...
Toby-Chan
My mommy.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jul 28 2005, 02:30 PM)
My mommy.
[snapback]230343[/snapback]

Awww. that's too cute. smile.gif
LoMXD
Lewis and Clark, Sacajawa, but my main interst is Elizabeth tudor.
and Napolean.
alchemist x
napolion bonaparte.

WEEERRRRLLLLLDDD DOOOOMMMEEENNNAAATTTIIIOOONNN
LoMXD
lol yeah, and he almost did it too.
alchemist x
LOL smile.gif
DameGreyWulf
History..
King Arthur... Teddy Roosevelt.. William Tecumseh Sherman.. Franklin Roosevelt..
Yea, I don't know many names ><;
LoMXD
heh king arthur .nice laugh.gif
DameGreyWulf
You know he was real! We just.. stretched the truth over time..
But from the stories I'm guessing are real, he was indeed a brave man.
StrawberryShampoo
Joan of Arc and Merlin!!!!! (OK so maybe there not both real but who cares... their famous and lived before I did... so hopefully, they count...)
DameGreyWulf
I thought Joan of Arc WAS real? o.0 shows how much I know..
OH! I forgot Napoleon! and Alexander the Great!
StrawberryShampoo
I don't know.... Joan of Arc might be real....After all she's in my history book (not like that means very much though). And when I said that they might not be real I iwas mainly talking about Merlin.... I'll try to specify next time.
DameGreyWulf
lol
It's ok
I wish Merlin was real, that'd rule
Ya know I'm working on a story that's based in that time and will involve King Arthur and Merlin too
Have you ever read The Dark Is Rising Sequence? It deals with King Arthur and Merlin...
It's got 5 books if I can remember roght:
Over Sea, Under Stone
The Dark Is Rising
Greenwitch
The Grey King
and Silver On The Tree
I think that's the order they went in
StrawberryShampoo
sweet! I'll have to remember to look for that series next time I'm out.... I hope your story goes well..... Writing good stories is so hard to do nowadays.....
DameGreyWulf
Yea, the lack of inspiration is unbearable...
You can read as far as I've gotten by going here
Oh, and here's a little somethin' fer ya
StrawberryShampoo
I'll be sure to look at your story. And thanks for the link to the books!! Have you ever read the 'Lost Years of Merlin' series? It's all about Merlin and Arthur is in Book 4 I think...
DameGreyWulf
I think I've heard of them..
I'll have to look it up
Oh, and that boxset they have doesn't include Over Sea, Under Stone because it's not considered part of the series even if it's basically the start of it all.
StrawberryShampoo
Thanks for the info. Dame!
DameGreyWulf
No problem X3
Now back on topic...
Uhmm.. since I can't think of anyone else at the moment, somebody else try.
Chain Alchemist
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Jul 30 2005, 07:48 PM)
No problem X3
Now back on topic...
Uhmm.. since I can't think of anyone else at the moment, somebody else try.
[snapback]233393[/snapback]

Admiral Yi Sun Shin- without him, I highly doubt the existence of Korea as we know it today.

To quote one Japanese Naval commander after his victory over the Russuians in the Russo-Japanese war: "Compare me to Admiral Nelson (a famous british admiral who defeated Napolean at Trifalgar) if you wish; but do not compare me to Admiral yi Sun Shin, for I am nothing to him."

Or something like that...

A masterful tactitian, a loyal soldier to his country, and the inventor of the first ironclad warships in history- eat it Napolean!!!!!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
My grandfather who flew a cargo plane in WWII.

For people I don't know there's Anne Bonney and Margaret Sanger.
DameGreyWulf
My grandfather who flew a cargo plane in WWII.

Sweet...
Ask him stuff
Toby-Chan
When I was younger I did have quite a Jeanne D'arc fascination, although it waned. I was also a Hatshepsut fangirl for a while. (I recall going through a little 'historical empowered females' phase sometime in middle school. laugh.gif)

Oh yeah!

Albert Einstein and Mark Twain totally own me!
DameGreyWulf
OMG! I forgot Einstein!
Chain Alchemist
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Jul 30 2005, 09:49 PM)
OMG! I forgot Einstein!
[snapback]233658[/snapback]

Did you know that without Einstein, we might not have GPS, TV remotes, Wall Street, and possibly the internet today?
DameGreyWulf
Shush! I did a report on him ya know! I even dressed up like him, plaid vest under a white nurse's overcoat. I forgot a wig though..
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Jul 30 2005, 08:45 PM)
When I was younger I did have quite a Jeanne D'arc fascination, although it waned.  I was also a Hatshepsut fangirl for a while.  (I recall going through a little 'historical empowered females' phase sometime in middle school.  laugh.gif)
[snapback]233649[/snapback]

I forgot all about Hatshepsut, I was a bit of a fangirl for her myself. I went through a big ancient Egyptian history (and art) phase about ten years ago while I was bellydancing heavily.

I should hang my head in shame for that one. sad.gif
DameGreyWulf
I like to learn about ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, and Europe. They're my four fav history things besides World War II
The RZA
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. R.I.P
ἀρχή
Sextus Empiricus is one of my favorites.
JudasPriest1
My great great grandparents on both sides. Texas Revolution, and the civil war.
DameGreyWulf
Ooo cool! I wish I had famous ancestors..
Well.. then again I am related to Jessie James..
StrawberryShampoo
You are?! No famous ancestors for me.... The extent of interesting deceseased family member are my ancestors who took care of the kings horse. (I have no idea what king just some guy in France). I have such a boring family. Joan of Arc is still my fave though.
DameGreyWulf
We could've been rich if my great something grandpa wasn't a partying, perverted, money-blowing jerk.
See, my mom's side of the family used to be a revered house, they owned lands and were lords and stuff..
LoMXD
I dont have riviting ancestors I think... I never really dug around my family history I do know that my mom's uncle ran a peanut farm in the philipennes
StrawberryShampoo
biggrin.gif A peanut farm!? That's so cool!
Le Monkey
My Favorite Person From History:

Tutuncamune
DameGreyWulf
King Tut? He'd be a fav of mine if I knew more about him besides how he died
Berserker Alchemist
Yeah...its still a mystery?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.