Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Carnal Malefactor
As far as I'm concerned, FMA is as much BONES' intellectual property as it is Arakawa's.
Dai
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 20 2005, 01:36 AM) [snapback]301862[/snapback]
Well then, if we're not talking about the manga at all, I reiterate: what the Hell have we got to compare BONES's job to? It's not like animes like Evangelion who got adapted for manga. So apparently, people are supposed to hate BONES without any prior knowledge?

Oh my... again with this, she is not comparing FMA with anything... she's saying that FMA anime has fails, plotholes, etc, so you can compare it with a well done work.
Miniskirt
Can we please stay on topic and leave the poor Reika alone?! mad.gif
Ladymercury (unable to log in)
This thread stopped being productive 20 something odd pages ago.
Guest_Ouroboros_*
Hello, I'm Ouroboros, I don't know if you remember me. For some odd reason I haven't been able to log in lately, but I would like to comment some things:

This thread stopped being productive 20 something odd pages ago.

I agree, how about we forget all those "comments" and start discussing things like they should have been?

Yes, I didn't like the movie that much either. My main gripe has always been with the movie this whole time. It was entertaining and the graphics was excellent, realistic etc. However, I just found it abit absurd at times Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
suit of armours coming to coming to life and apparently you can change their programming with alchemy to attack your enemy .... Well, that's like the first 2 episodes with Cornello, so those are both ridiculous events. But I've found the en mass attack in the movie to be more superficial and contrived. Also, let's not forget the movie ending... if it's not a 360, it's a 270, almost approaching 360 - not tragic (I'll reserve that description for something with more taste). I can ramble on, but it's repeating something I've said 100 times and I'm sure no one wants to hear that again.

I agree with you, Keos. I liked the movie overall since I just saw it to keep me entertained with Full Metal Alchemist, but I can't say it was one of the best I've ever seen. I didn't know they used alchemical programming though :S But I have to say that it really startled me how Al could control them, as Reika said, first as if he didn't need to keep control of them, and second by losing conscience, or sleeping.
Ouro-boros
I finally was able to log in :smile: that last post was mine happy.gif

I forgot to point out something happy.gif: Please, read all the thread before posting anything you are not sure of... it avoids misunderstandings and ridiculous discussions like the one above... And we'll be able to finally have a peacefull thread while we stay on topic, that's what Reika and us were trying to do for about 20 pages, like Ladymercury said.

Thanks happy.gif
animefangirl
i dont mind
seventh_sky
Y'all really need to lay off on Reika. I know her, and she's a NICE PERSON, SO EVERYONE QUIT WITH THE INSULTS!!!!
<exit angry yelling person mode>

I dunno about the movie, myself. I've heard enough bad stuff about it, and I really don't know if I want to see it, even if I can find a decent file of it to watch.
Carnal Malefactor
So what if she's a nice person? How is that at all relevant to her having her head up her ass when it comes to the anime?
Dai
QUOTE("What @ no bacon?")
So what if she's a nice person? How is that at all relevant to her having her head up her ass when it comes to the anime?

but it is relevant when it comes to chat with someone, she is not insulting anyone, and people here is. She is not right because she is a nice person, but because she is a nice person and has had respect for the rest of you, she deserves better...

besides, she was just giving her opinion untill someone started insulting her and telling her she didn't know anything
seventh_sky
What Dai said ^^

I don't think she was being rude to anyone, even when people kept insulting her. If she doesn't like the anime, that's her opinion, and she's entitled to it. As far as I can see, she wasn't mean to anyone, and if you did think she was being rude, that's what the moderators are here for, no?
Ouro-boros

Do you think you'll be able to stay on topic this time, "Mister OnTopic?"
Because as far as I know... you were the one that came here spoiling the thread. I've read some of your comments on other threads about Reika and this topic, and you are not the most appropiate one to talk about "maturity", "respect" and "ontopicness".

I don't think she was being rude to anyone, even when people kept insulting her. If she doesn't like the anime, that's her opinion, and she's entitled to it. As far as I can see, she wasn't mean to anyone, and if you did think she was being rude, that's what the moderators are here for, no?

Exactly. If this keeps on going I'll be tempted to talk to a mod... there's many people here that want to talk about whether they liked the anime or not, why, and the possible "plotholes", "continuity mistakes" etc.

If you think you have a problem with Reika or anyoneelse... just PM her/him, that's what it is for: to solve things or talk about offtopic things in private, without needing to spoil a thread or bother other people with childish attitudes. Or that's what I think.

I hope this point can be left behind at last.

----

And now, for the 5th time or so... how about we talk about the anime, allegged plotholes, dislikes and likes about the anime, and such things ^^?

I dunno about the movie, myself. I've heard enough bad stuff about it, and I really don't know if I want to see it, even if I can find a decent file of it to watch.

Well, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for in the movie. It confused me pretty much but it entertained me too (besides the part where Edward and "the Fuhrer" keep talking and talking).

Does anyone know why [spoiler] is hohenheim between Envy's teeth and why Envy didn't kill him yet? [/spoiler]
seventh_sky
Very well said...wink.gif

Is the last part you were talking about in the movie? Because I have no clue XD
Ouro-boros
heh, I was talking about the part when [spoiler] Ed goes to Amestris again. Envy's positioned like the Ouroboros serpent and Edward's father is in between his teeth and presses Envy's fangs into him to give himself as sacrifice so Edward can go to his world. O.O I found it quite wierd, didn't you? [/spoiler]
seventh_sky
Whoa, wait a second.

[SPOILER]
I thought Envy died when he turned himself into a dragon?? Evidently not XD
[/SPOILER]

even though I haven't seen the movie it still seems...dumb? And a little unrealistic...

OFF TOPIC: hey, if you want a sig, I can make you one
Ouro-boros
[spoiler] no, he didn't die, heh, I'm sorry, I spoiled you... Envy travelled to London to kill hoheheim, or that's what he says. That's why I found it quite surprising, if not "dumb", that he's still alive, even in between Envy's fangs... That's why I asked.[/spoiler]

Yes, I found it unrealistic too... even for FMA, some things... didn't quite fit well for me. But that's just the impression I got happy.gif.
seventh_sky
But wouldn't it be sort of like...

[SPOILER]
i thought homunculus couldn't change into stuff that wasn't vaguely human-ish? And....they never showed him out in Amestris in the anime...O.o
[/SPOILER]

nah, don't mind about the spoilers XD I knew what happened in the end of FMA before I saw it XD might as well spoil the movie...XD
Ouro-boros
[spoiler] No... in the manga Envy also changes into something monstruos and innanimate things, but I thought like you at first too. It surprisses me more how can Hohenheim survive with that body... and specially between Envy's fangs [/spoiler]

By the way, don't worry about the sig happy.gif, I don't really like them, so...
seventh_sky
I thought Hoho (what I call Hohenheim) was just some old guy XD

I mean

[SPOILER]
with is body rotting and all, how strong can he be?
[/SPOILER]
Ouro-boros
Good point. At first he seemed to be very misterious, but yet again, when he showed up, he was just some good guy who was tired of fighting against life and worried about their children... we didn't got to see all his alchemic skills either... I have to say that I was disappointed with this too... I expected more from him, I mean, I thought HE was the bad guy.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Ladymercury (still unable to log @ Oct 17 2005, 11:34 AM) [snapback]300863[/snapback]

Besides, the funny eps like 37 were handled well, and I have to give them credit for that. Though I wish they wouldn't have taken the Havoc factor out of the quest for Warehouse 13... or made it so obvious that it was Black Hayate. tongue.gif

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Oct 17 2005, 12:37 PM) [snapback]300876[/snapback]

....the Thringham brothers....

Just to clarify things ^__^: Bones wasn't creative with the Tringhams (or that story) or even 37. Infact they went over to Inque-sensei's 1st FMA novel (with Arakawa-sensei drawing some pics here and there (no, I'm not talking about the manga rabid fans, I'm talking about the NOVELS NOVELS)biggrin.gif) and turned them into episodes. So.... just saying that mellow.gif, well they shouldn't get credit for being original there.

Alright I'm done ^^" (doesn't even know what topic you guys are on since I didn't bother to read the most recent page tongue.gif)
Ladymercury (unable to login)
What do you mean? I mean, they had something in part with that because they used an artistic licenses with those episodes.

You made no sense.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Ladymercury (unable to login) @ Oct 21 2005, 11:06 PM) [snapback]302958[/snapback]

What do you mean? I mean, they had something in part with that because they used an artistic licenses with those episodes.

You made no sense.

huh.gif Have you read the novels? Because if not I don't think you would understand and I don't get why they would have an "artistic liscense". Especially if Hirumu Arakawa has the original character sketches for the Tringham story at the back of the book.

Though Bones did make some tweaks. Not many though.
Ladymercury (unable to log in)
No, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

What makes the first season of FMA different from ep 37? Hiromu Arukawa didn't even write the novel for eps 13-14(?) and 37. That was Makoto Inoue.

Artistic License is a saying of taking something and molding it into your own but keeping the original integrity.

No one never said that those episodes were original anyway... so what are you trying to say here? Are you not understanding something here??? wink.gif I mean, honestly, no one said that those were original episodes from the storyline... or well, I didn't say episode 37 was.

Read next time smile.gif
Ouro-boros
O.o I got lost with the last posts...

Alright I'm done ^^" (doesn't even know what topic you guys are on since I didn't bother to read the most recent page )

it seems that after a while we were able to talk about some points or doubts about the movie happy.gif, so I think you can read the last posts savely, hehe.
Dai
wiiiiiiiii, on topic ^0^

About Hoho (I love that nick you used, Seventh Sky, a friend of me uses it too XD), I suppose that his rotten body should make him more fragile and less strong... and I don't know how he could survive almost all the movie with Envy's fangs in his body XD maybe he has no blood... or maybe Envy loves him and he didn't want to kill him (yeah, sure XDDDDDDDDD)
Ouro-boros
haha, fraternal love? I read Reika's document, she said that he shouldn't have any kind of circulatory system, which makes much sense, since he's rotten. That's why I said I found it quite unbelievable even for FMA, I wouldn't have expected that from the first half of the anime. That and as you said,

[spoiler]the fact that Envy doesn't kill him, instead "hoho" (I loved that expression tongue.gif) had to press Envy's fangs. Now that I remember, he only attacked after hearing Ed, right? I wonder why he didn't transform himself into human shape too and if "hoho" was already in Envy's fangs [/spoiler]

among other things
blackrider76
Glad that argument/flame war thing was over

I dont really hate bones.
Most of the plot holes that are mentioned i have come up with solutions for myself that satisfied myself.
also i like unanswered questions
you can come up with a solution YOU like
to tell you the truth i didnt like the manga too much.
kokoro_shadow_angel
i loved both of them...

and remember: the anime was created early on in the manga plot...you gotta give em credit for being smart and creative enough to come up with their own endings

although i gotta admit...I HATED what they did to roy in the movie
Full Metal Elf
I love them both too!!! I have no hate!! Hehe

Some things I like better in one thing or the other...but overall...I still love both happy.gif
The Great Asparagus
well, me being me, i'm not hard to please, so i thought the anime was quite nice. unlike other animes, there actually was a plot that made sense and everyone episode was interesting to watch. the ending to the anime was soooo depressing, but i suppose that was meant to be a cliffhanger. (i felt so sad until i figured out the movie ending, which wasn't THAT much better, but at least edo and aru are back together)

i also liked how they added in sloth as ed and al's mother and various other things that made the anime really good. such as the song bratja. <- i love that song lol
Winkle
I think for the most part, they did a fairly good job.

However I do feel that the last half of the series was rather weak by comparison to the first half (when they were still following the manga) and I wasn't all too impressed by the ending. I'm also not entirely too happy with their treatment of Winry, who is by far, my most favourite anime character of all time... well maybe next to Onizuka. But I love her all the same.

And while the movie was pretty good... I really hated the ending.

I think BONES needs to work on their finishes... they're not bad... and they didn't do that much damage to FMA but they really need to work on learning how to wrap things up in a nicer bow then what they've shown thus far.

Of course, just my opinion and 2 cents.
Sikiu-San
No i dont hate bones because i think they did a good job with the series considereing a few things. Keep in mind as well that Arakawa did not have as many of the manga chapters out. Yes i am sure she had her idea written down as to how she wanted the story to go but as she went over it i am sure she changed some stuff around. As i have heard they consulted her about the seires then they added in their own mix. They did leave alot of stuff out in the open and a few parts where you were scratching your head but i think they were afraid to mess with too much since the manga was/is still going and they did not want to break away from the original that much.
The ending was and was not a typical bones ending, yeah they killed ed, the main character always has to die in a bones story but they learned that people would be really pissed if they left ed dead laugh.gif Either way they pleased the fans by having the good guys live and the bad guys dissappear or die.
Bones just needs more time. Compaired to the other studios that are out there bones is still kinda new. Overall they brought out more theories about what would happen if this happend in the story and how would this play out if someone caused this to happen and that keeps you wanting more xD
oreokids
Yes I do :[ (Quote from another thread)

QUOTE(oreokids @ Jan 26 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]343397[/snapback]

I'll do a comparison on why I choose it.

The anime

The anime, the first I saw and I was in love with it. I saw all 51 episodes and even watched the dub to.... episode 40 something. But then I went and read the manga....so now I look at the anime and go "wtf? *goes bored*"

The anime...it's really way too angsty... The story was okay in the begining but when I look at it now it got lost around episode 38? Lots and lots of plots holes, no character development and the newer version of the gate throws me off.

They even took out the ninjas.....(I have an obsession with Ninjas) I thought they were cool, including Ling he was awsome.

The anime has great music and acting (Both dub and sub) but....it's not the same anymore :l

also about the 'more sad deaths thing' its kind of true. But notice how Bones only did that to the characters that die. Like in the manag Nina's death wasnt all that sad, just a four year old girl that got pwned. But in the anime I was sad because of the music, got to know her character, the rain, crying Ed trying to transmute her back, the works

Hughes anime death made me cry because of the listed above. Though I felt bad about his manga death too.

THE CHARACTERS!

Characters: (mosty the main)

Edward: Oh man....what happened to the hyper, prideful, and slightly evil fellow? He became so emotional, sad, and super depressed. He always has a frown on his face now. He's also more of a smarty pants in the anime. Or the tough guy who deep inside has the heart of gold. Though I guess anime ed is okay, its just....he's so depressed o-O

Alphonse:.... He's not as sweet as he was in the manga. He's more dependant in the anime as well. Also....WHERE IS HIS TINY ANIMAL OBSESSION?! The kitty isnt enough...and it was only once :[ He was also very out of character durning the hospital, hitting everyone and screaming, telling people to shut *quirks eyebrow* He also gave up on life time to time. The Al I got to know now always has hope, always believe, always has a tiny animal with him and never gives up! What up Bones?

Roy: Oh witty Roy...you still got the wit, but you're not funny anymore. You're like a serious, promotion obsessed man in the anime. You have no sense of humor here either :l And your relationship with Riza is "Hey, Riza, can you manage my paper work while I mingly outside? :l(<--his blank face)"

Then Riza responds "Sure, Sir."

Also, Roy is more... egostitic too o_o I miss 'YES, YES I AM AN IDIOT!!" or the SUPER caring Roy who REFUSED to leave any of his comrads ehind and insist that little ol paralyzed havoc lives :[

Riza: She's more dead in the anime o-O So silent....sooo silent....

Winry: She seems so....pittiful waiting for Ed, she lost her awsomeness and became a bitchy worrier. I like how she WAS a supportive caring gal in the manga ut in the anime she annoys me..

---

bad guy characters oh noes

I'll start off with dante

Dante: WHY they made her I don't know, she's freaky and at first glance I thought she was a perverted man (seriously...the way she oogles on girls and want their bodies o-O) Though it turns out to be a woman obsessed on taking people's bodies for a short period of time. :\ *coughlamecough*

Envy: Oh how I want to see that arrgont little prick die >:l He pisses me off. He's like super evil, super cruel, way too damn serious, and down right creepy in the anime. He also godmods, damn right he god mods in the anime; he's too powerful. Each fight he was in he was like. "HAH BITCHES!! I'M TO QUICK! CAN'T CATCH ME! CANT TOUCH ME!!! HAHA!! *Flips, twirls and dances in battle*"

his oppenets then go" OMFG! LET ME PUNCH YOU! DX"

I hate Anime Envy's guts (But I strangely adore the manga one to no end...)

Lust: She was more 'meh' in the anime. Though she had the "omg...whats it like to be human...? I would like to be human... ._." Thing going on...she was less awsome then the manga Lust. And he death made her even more "meh" :[

Gluttony: Poor gluttony he didnt get any love in the anime(as in character development) and looked more of that "dumb fat guy". He just looked really slow in the anime...and not really 'cute' like he was in the manga.

Pride: Dude...why the hell did they make you pride? You were better off as Wrath my man :[ But in personality wise, you two are basically the same.

Sloth: I like this sloth, but I cant really say until or if thye make Manga sloth appear. Anime sloth is based off their mother and uses water powers... cool but not exucuted well. She was like "OMG! BABIES! MUST HUG AND CARE FOR :DDD*runs to babies and Wrath*" But then to "OMG! YOU'RE NOT MY CHILDREN DIE PLZ!" :[ And she turned into steam o_o Also made Wrath more whinier with "MAMA O KASE! MAMA O KASE!!" EVERY FREAKING TIME HE WAS ON SCREEN DX

Wrath: Annoying child, he was annoying when he was in 'innocent human' mode as well. I dont know weather to want to kick Envy in the stomach (He's too tall for the shin, I'm only 5'00 ;-; ) or not to care? That he became evil. But god damn he's always screaming mom.

And finally Greed: He was a goody to shoes. WHy? WHY BONES WHY?! He was more of the rebelious guy who wanted to fightagainst crime with his chimara hybrid humans!! And he died all "Good job ed! Yay I'm free! biggrin.gif" That's not Greed...they also focused way too much on his group as well.

Over all, anime didnt have good plot and character development, but it was nice to the ears with its audio and nice with the drawings...

THE MANGA! YAY YAY!

Ah the manga...the series I got into SECONDLY and fell in love with it. Oh the humor, the wonderful wonderful humor..... Besides the manga explains everything way better, everything runs smoother and YOU'RE ATTACHED TO EVERY CHARACTER NO MATTER WHO IT IS! THAT'S HOW GREAT THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS~~~

I mean there were angsty moments, but a little humor on the side to bring your spirits back up, lots of humor other places, and all the chibi like super deformed facial expressions! The characters were more expressive, everyone had more of a wider personality and more enjoyable. Got attached to eevryone....

CHARACTERS!!

Edward: Oh ho! The real edward! he was so cunning, mischivious, sly, and sneaky he was so adorable X3 He wasnt as wild as he was about being called small as he was in the anime, but he still get pissed off. This character always had a proud smile on his face and was more silly as well. (Armstrong moments....XD) His rivalry with Ling makes me laugh and I noticed he actually loves Winry this time around o-O Edward is very, very loveable in the manga oh so loveable....XD

Alphonse: Oh he was just so sweet, adorable, kind and selfless he's just so...makes you want to hug him!! His pet obsessions were so cute too! I also liked how he kept hope and beliefe in everything and the fact he can do alchemy without a circle is a plus!

Roy: I never used to like Roy in the anime, but he turned out great in the manga! His character, he isnt so obsessed with promotions(though he still wants it he thinks more of his friends here) he's still cool. I say he's still cunning but he's such an idiot XD Especially when they fough Gluttony's true form and he ate his flames and they ran like hhell XD Or how protective he is over Riza when she met barry and on missions makes my inner fangirl squeal. <3 the RizaxRoy moments

Riza: She was more than the silent sharp shooter. But I cant explain her personality, but I liked manga Riza more ^^;

Winry: I never liked anime winry but omg manga winry is so cool XD She makes me laugh when she chases poor ed with a chain saw XP And she is more expressive with her care for them though still abusive XDD

---

The baddies!

Super alchemist guy: woookay...not too sure about him he just got introduced and I am desperately waiting for chapter 56 x.x

Envy: .......WHY IS IT THAT I ADORE HIM NOW BUT NEVER THE ANIME?! XD. I know why, he's more funny in the manga. He too has a wider personality and isnt all "Creepy, wicked, cruel and the likeds" He's still evil. But he's funny now. The way he tease people is rich and how he quirks out when people comment on his body is like the way Ed does when he's called small XD

It also seems like he had a better 'friendship' or partnership, not sure, with Lust and Gluttony. I liked that. He also seemed pretty pissed when she died too :< Anime Envy didnt give a crap XD

But I also liked how much more vunerable he is now. In chapter 38-40 I was like "OH GOD! HE FINALLY GOTS WHATS COMMING TO HIS GOD MODDING ASS!! >:D" Then I realized the manga came out first. But god the chapters 38-40 had me in tears of laughter...XD

Lust: This Lust was simply awsome. She was more cunning, witty and very smart. Very stragitic. I say she was the smartest of the group, seriously XD The way she got killed off was cool too.

Gluttony:.....XD He's way more funny, though his speech is weird he is really funny XD And it seemed he was more often around Envy than Lust o_O But the "Can I eat him now?" Or "Can I go after the girl please?" Makes me laugh each time XD His true form is like wt fo_O but it scared everyone senseless so it wins.

Pride: Not much has been heard

Sloth: Same thing.

Wrath: Ah yes, this wrath is way more better. He's serious, but still funny when he was with gluttony...XD

Greed: This greed was more psycotic. He was also more funny too. Wow the manga is so funny XD The part when they all went "o.o....." To Ed's lecture made me laugh XDDD I thought the way he had died in the manga suited him more. Laughing as he got boiled away.... o_O

Well, though the manga isnt finished it stills wins. It's funny, awsome art, and it has a great balance of humor, angst, action and character development/plots.

Extra: Favorite strips! XD

Stand up Ling!

"Hey punks...don't touch my daughter."

"I'm really leaving you!"

Getting it on

Ed getting envy to remember p1

Ed getting envy to remember p2

"Hey, missy, can i chop you?"

"Because girls are more soft and tasty"

"I hear no sound of it hitting a ground, Ling..."

Gluttony about to land on Envy

after math

YIPPY!

"You have the same hair style as me, son!"

"What a weird body he(Envy) has..."

"OMG! I CAN CUT MY OWN FLESH!<3"

Ed yelling at Greed n gang XD

<3 the manga

Automne
QUOTE(oreokids @ Jan 26 2006 @ 01:58 PM)
Lots and lots of plots holes, no character development and the newer version of the gate throws me off.

And no explaining on why or where did you see plot holes? That's, indeed; very convincing...

Alphonse:.... He's not as sweet as he was in the manga. He's more dependant in the anime as well. Also....WHERE IS HIS TINY ANIMAL OBSESSION?! The kitty isnt enough...and it was only once :[ He was also very out of character durning the hospital, hitting everyone and screaming, telling people to shut *quirks eyebrow* He also gave up on life time to time. The Al I got to know now always has hope, always believe, always has a tiny animal with him and never gives up! What up Bones?

sleep.gif; Duh! When it's obvious to me that Anime!Al is even more or as sweet as the manga!One.

And he was OOC during the hospital? The same thing happened in the manga except that Winry...convinced him and told him the thruth, if you can call it that. Plus, in the anime, Ed deserved it. His reaction was normal to me and permitted him to look more independant, in a way, and to get out of his brother's shadow. You can't be all lovey dovey and shiney when you're stuck in a suit of armour and someone just told you you maybe never existed. And the 'OMG! IT WASN'T WHAT NII SAN WANTED TO TELL ME!! IT IS OKAY THEN!!!' reaction...Stupid IMO.

And your relationship with Riza is "Hey, Riza, can you manage my paper work while I mingly outside? :l(<--his blank face)"

Then Riza responds "Sure, Sir."

Someone didn't see ep. 51...

Dante: WHY they made her I don't know, she's freaky and at first glance I thought she was a perverted man (seriously...the way she oogles on girls and want their bodies o-O) Though it turns out to be a woman obsessed on taking people's bodies for a short period of time. :\ *coughlamecough*

Ahem...A perverted woman. And women attracted to other women are defined as homosexual...
But no, Dante is not a perverted woman. She's greedy, that's why she created Greed.
And, oh yes, badass women taking people's bodies are soooo lame. You see it everyday.

Envy: Oh how I want to see that arrgont little prick die >:l He pisses me off. He's like super evil, super cruel, way too damn serious, and down right creepy in the anime. He also godmods, damn right he god mods in the anime; he's too powerful. Each fight he was in he was like. "HAH BITCHES!! I'M TO QUICK! CAN'T CATCH ME! CANT TOUCH ME!!! HAHA!! *Flips, twirls and dances in battle*"

Yes, of course, and manga!Envy is mother Teresa in disguise, very accepting of his true form and not at all cocky.

Gluttony: Poor gluttony he didnt get any love in the anime(as in character development) and looked more of that "dumb fat guy". He just looked really slow in the anime...and not really 'cute' like he was in the manga.

Again, someone didn't see ep. 51.

She was like "OMG! BABIES! MUST HUG AND CARE FOR :DDD*runs to babies and Wrath*" But then to "OMG! YOU'RE NOT MY CHILDREN DIE PLZ!" :[ And she turned into steam o_o Also made Wrath more whinier with "MAMA O KASE! MAMA O KASE!!" EVERY FREAKING TIME HE WAS ON SCREEN DX

Should I scream in frustration since you're making her yourself out of character?

Wrath: Annoying child, he was annoying when he was in 'innocent human' mode as well. I dont know weather to want to kick Envy in the stomach (He's too tall for the shin, I'm only 5'00 ;-; ) or not to care? That he became evil. But god damn he's always screaming mom.

Wrath is a twelve years old boy or even younger so it's normal to be 'whiny' at this age and to need a 'mommy' but, don't worry, you aren't the only who didn't get it yet.

His rivalry with Ling makes me laugh and I noticed he actually loves Winry this time around o-O

False *cough*. That's all I got to say.

It also seems like he had a better 'friendship' or partnership, not sure, with Lust and Gluttony.

sleep.gif;;

Jedi28
I agree with what someone else said. The anime is okay but Bones needs to work on the endings. ESPECIALLY the ending in the movie. I ALMOST liked it. I'll probably like it better when it comes out with English dubs. FMA is the only Anime where I've completely preferred the dubb over the subtitling and original Japanese. Bones is coming out with the four OVA shorts next month but from everything I've seen, they're just fluff with no real meaningful storylines. Fun to watch, but don't add anything. There's supposed to be some unseen footage from the movie but apparently the whole disc is forty minutes long, how much unseen footage can they have with four OVA's taking up that space. Sigh, they need to get a new scriptwrite whose sole responsibility is writing endings.
Colette
I hate BONES for rushing everything, and butchering a would-be-perfect series, but not for what happens at the end with Ed.

[spoiler] I point blank hated the movie. No good plot, no cool fighting scenes ('Cept Wrath versus Gluttony, but that was far from a masterpiece), a terrible ending that left so many loose ends, and...

IZUMI FREAKING DIES! Everyone one of my favorite characters have died! [/spoiler]

Thank God the manga doesn't suck. I love the manga. happy.gif
Winkle
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 14 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]350007[/snapback]

I hate BONES for rushing everything, and butchering a would-be-perfect series, but not for what happens at the end with Ed.

[spoiler] I point blank hated the movie. No good plot, no cool fighting scenes ('Cept Wrath versus Gluttony, but that was far from a masterpiece), a terrible ending that left so many loose ends, and...

IZUMI FREAKING DIES! Everyone one of my favorite characters have died! [/spoiler]

Thank God the manga doesn't suck. I love the manga. happy.gif

Amen.

I loved the first 26 episodes, which were solid because they followed Arakawa's plot in the manga. But once they started deviating away from it to do their own thing... it went down the crapper real fast. By the end of it, it seemed like Bones didn't even remember what kind of story they were originally trying to tell anymore.

And yes, I hated the movie too.
Colette
I loved every episode up till 34. Then it all came crashing down.

And no, not because Greed died. That did suck, but it's the fact that the plot got screwed up.
Jedi28
I can't remember if this was addressed in the series, but does anyone know why Ed just SUDDENLY started looking WAY older and WAY taller at the tail end of the series and in the movie? I know he was aging naturally but it was like all of a sudden he just went BAM and aged and grew a LOT. I was noticing it while I was looking through the gallery images and I couldn't remember why. Did Bones just suddenly decide to age him in the last few episodes and in the movie? He goes from looking like a kid to a full grown adult.
Colette
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 15 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]350409[/snapback]

I can't remember if this was addressed in the series, but does anyone know why Ed just SUDDENLY started looking WAY older and WAY taller at the tail end of the series and in the movie? I know he was aging naturally but it was like all of a sudden he just went BAM and aged and grew a LOT. I was noticing it while I was looking through the gallery images and I couldn't remember why. Did Bones just suddenly decide to age him in the last few episodes and in the movie? He goes from looking like a kid to a full grown adult.

Hmm, I never noticed that, but you're probably right.

In the manga, you can see Ed slowly growing taller, and growing more mature, in body and mind.
Jedi28
Yeah, and you can see it in the Anime as well between episodes 1 and 51. It's just that he was aging slowly and normally and then suddenly WHAM in like one or two episodes he goes from looking like 15/16 year old Ed to looking more like a 20 something year old Ed. He also starts suddenly looking a lot taller. It just seems like a dramatic thing to do in such a short timeframe.
Colette
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 16 2006, 12:44 AM) [snapback]350454[/snapback]

Yeah, and you can see it in the Anime as well between episodes 1 and 51. It's just that he was aging slowly and normally and then suddenly WHAM in like one or two episodes he goes from looking like 15/16 year old Ed to looking more like a 20 something year old Ed. He also starts suddenly looking a lot taller. It just seems like a dramatic thing to do in such a short timeframe.

Looking back at pictures, you're right.

Jedi28
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 16 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]350542[/snapback]

Oh well, they did the same thing with Al. He's supposed to come back at age ten, the same age he was when he originally lost his body. Go look at a picture of ten year old Al from episode three and other episodes where he's about that age and then a picture at supposedly ten year old Al from the last episode. He looks several years older. Now, I LIKE older looking AL so I guess I'm okay with it. I liked younger looking Ed though so I wish they hadn't messed with him. smile.gif
Colette
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Feb 16 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]350740[/snapback]

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Feb 16 2006, 09:53 AM) [snapback]350542[/snapback]

Oh well, they did the same thing with Al. He's supposed to come back at age ten, the same age he was when he originally lost his body. Go look at a picture of ten year old Al from episode three and other episodes where he's about that age and then a picture at supposedly ten year old Al from the last episode. He looks several years older. Now, I LIKE older looking AL so I guess I'm okay with it. I liked younger looking Ed though so I wish they hadn't messed with him. smile.gif

0_o Once again, you are correct.

But I do like older Al laugh.gif
Jedi28
me too, he's way cute! smile.gif He's cuter in the Anime where he has a square face, as opposed to the movie where he has a rounded face BUT he's still CUTE!
Philosopher's Stone
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 27 2005, 05:13 PM) [snapback]229183[/snapback]

This poll is for those that have seen at least all the episodes of the anime.

I just wanted to know how many of you hate or don't hate this... studio

I personally hate it to death for many reasons. Which are stated bellow.

1)The unaswered questions they left when they separated from the manga (Don't get me wrong. I like when the anime and the manga are different, 'cause that makes as if we had more. But I think that they tried to end it so quickly that left too many unanswered questions that, for me, made the second half of the anime shameful and pitiful)

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND AFTERTHOUGHTS THAT MAKE ME HATE WHAT BONES DID TO FMA, AS WELL AS TO SAY THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS CRAPPY, PATHETIC, PITIFUL AND SHAMEFUL:

http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf

2)[spoiler] they said there would be royai, they SOLD us royai on magazines, they KNOW that there are more royai lovers than even Ed/winry!!! And there's NOTHING of royai!!!

They gave more protagonism to secondary characters!!! (how typical of BONES)

They CHANGED personalities!!! "I don't want to use alchemy because that reminds me the crimes I did with it" <--- after a happy ending killing the bad guy with alchemy????????!!!! after all of this years???!!! And why the hell did he got demoted, did they even explain that?

etc.[/spoiler]

So yeah, I hate what they did.

Want to know what I think? No you don't, your eyes will gloss over this paragraph.

Think about Inuyasha or some similar run-on series. As the manga was being released, the studio started making pointless filler. See my point? BONES went and made their own interepretation because it was the only earthly way they could do any justice to the original material. Why not? I think they did a great job since the ending seems perfectly logical given the themes they set for the series. If you are left wanting more, and they deny you that, then they've done their job. Let me remind you that most of Inuyasha degenerated into "more of the same" during filler and the needlessly drawn out plot. A plot can't stay true to the original by holding onto it forever. (I.E. Naruku has easily demonstrated that he could utterly destroy Inuyasha and company if he'd stop being an arrogant ass, and by the same token, moving on to godhood. Or how all the romantic plots never seem to resolve.)

-Equivalent Exchange is a myth people believe to evade personal responsibility? Check.
-Uncertain future? Check.
-Evil plot spanning centuries foiled? Check.
-Homunculi wandering around like lost children with unresolved emotions then dying to make them tragic? Check.
-Mustang resolving a personal battle by crushing military corruption? Check.
-Ed unselfishly restoring his brother? Check.

I could go on, but it seems like an typically FMA ending to me.

So do I hate BONES? Hell no.
Colette
But they could have waited until the manga was complete before they started the anime, you know. >__>
Philosopher's Stone
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 7 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]359965[/snapback]

But they could have waited until the manga was complete before they started the anime, you know. >__>

And what for? So some other studio can grab it up and beat it to death? Let's be realistic about the economics of this. Frankly, I'd rather watch an interpretation that actually works as a passable story rather than have a drawn-out rehash of the manga. Plots thrive on movement and rarely do well if they stagnate, which I suspect was going to happen to the manga, though I have no real way of knowing that. The other alternative is to have a lesser studio go filler-happy on the show, which would just absolutely kill it.

Besides, it never hurts to have a second interepretion of the same story you love, right? That's like a sequel that actually does justice to it's source material. It's basically the easy way to cure the "more of the same" syndrome. I don't want to watch the manga if I've already read it, give me something new.

I've heard people complain about how the manga for Evangelion was too radical a departure. In my frank opinion, it wasn't radical enough. I wouldn't mind a less "angsty" version, not to mention a proper ending to the show that doesn't try to be unnecessarily obtuse because the director was depressed. I also wouldn't mind having some plot-holes filled. (i.e. like how Big Brother never seems like they're monitoring the pilots's safety).

EDIT: Also, I like your signature. Greed's quote truly represents the criminal mindset. For such people, there is no such thing as no such thing. Even your average thief is better at bypassing your home's defenses that you could ever hope to be. Some people are just bad people gone worse. Think of the biggest asshole you've ever met. Now take his personality and remove most or all moral/ethical compunctions that you think is "normal" for humans. He'll still blend in with the crowd, but the mistake you'll make is that you think he's bound by the same "social contract" that you are bound by.
Winkle
I don't mind interpretations, but they still have to make sense, that being the key right there.

Also, interpretations should respect the original source material. Bones did not do that, they tried to insert a lot of their own original material and ended up violating much of the established universe from the original source material (hell they even violated their OWN Bones-version of the FMA unverise).

Interpretations are good and all but they can't be used as an excuse for poor writing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.