Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
TheVileOne
Ed is still an immature teenager in many ways. Especially with girls.
Reika
Sincerely, I saw more win/Ed than Ed/Roze, and still Ed/Roze happened. In the movie is suggested, when [spoiler] Al shouts him when he's about to live "and what about winry!!" and when Winry embraces him and he blushes [/spoiler]

For me, he doesn't give such importance to that kind of feelings since he has have and has a tough life with other preocupations.
Tombow
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 02:07 AM) [snapback]300807[/snapback]

Sincerely, I saw more win/Ed than Ed/Roze, and still Ed/Roze happened.

Yeah, this baffles me also.

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 16 2005, 11:45 PM) [snapback]300783[/snapback]

Ed is still an immature teenager in many ways. Especially with girls.

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 02:07 AM) [snapback]300807[/snapback]

For me, he doesn't give such importance to that kind of feelings since he has have and has a tough life with other preocupations.

I agree with you both, and I think part of reason why Ed has been short in developping interests in girls yet was because Ed was not allowed to be just a kid, or just a teenager, like most of us, and always had lot more in his mind.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 03:07 AM) [snapback]300807[/snapback]

Sincerely, I saw more win/Ed than Ed/Roze, and still Ed/Roze happened. In the movie is suggested, when [spoiler] Al shouts him when he's about to live "and what about winry!!" and when Winry embraces him and he blushes [/spoiler]

Oh good god. You read too much into everything! rolleyes.gif
Reika
Maybe you are the one that doesn't read a single thing into anything because of your experience.
Ladymercury (still unable to log
I've been trying to read every page on this topic... but I stopped around page 14 seeing its been the same thing over and over again.

To my knowledge, from what I've been reading in the Alchemy book that comes with the FMA DVDs, the crew basically took FMA into their own hands during season two and were quite content with the direction the show was going into.

My deal -> Its done, its over with, there's the manga smile.gif

So I'll just sit here, impatiently, and wait for the next chapter... next month ._.

Besides, the funny eps like 37 were handled well, and I have to give them credit for that. Though I wish they wouldn't have taken the Havoc factor out of the quest for Warehouse 13... or made it so obvious that it was Black Hayate. tongue.gif
Automne
How come this thread turned into an Ed/Win one? dry.gif;; Anyway, I already said what I think about it and I'll say it once again (And please keep in mind it's only my opinion):

In the anime:
It's over. It'll never happen. But like I often say: It's good to dream. Don't cry or go blame Bones because it's useless. Check on fanfictions. There are a lot of good Post!Movie Ed/Win ones on this site or on ff.net.

In the manga:
Arakawa sensei knows perfectly what she's doing and I think that, if she wants to keep the story in the spirit of the manga (Because it's not a shoujŰ), EdWin will not happen or, if it does, I think it certainly won't last forever.

In what concerns Bones's work. I loved the anime, it's still one of my favorite and I just didn't pay attention to the mistakes in it and I don't think you should hate it because really, it's okay to be upset, I can understand, but really hate is a strong word.

And what I really disliked about this thread is that some people, even if they maybe didn't mean it, made their opinion sounds general (Like how Dante, the Thringham brothers are useless characters or even some bad things about Bones and, now, the EdWin thing.), that's really a thing I disliked and sorry if I made some mistakes in my post but really, I came to the last pages of this thread because my eyes started burning just during the first pages.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 09:55 AM) [snapback]300850[/snapback]

Maybe you are the one that doesn't read a single thing into anything because of your experience.

...no. rolleyes.gif
Reika
What I dislike the most is the fact that everybody can say how gorgeous they think the anime is and because of this and that, and the people that don't like it CAN'T say why and what they really think about it. In this thread people's supposed to be able to express their feelings about the anime, and when someones says "I don't like it" or "I hate it because of this" everybody that likes it tells him/her "shut up! you idiot!!" do you find that normal? Really, stop complaining about what do we think about it and post why do you like it so much. Gods, I've been even asked "what are you trying to prove by complaining?" and I say "and what the hell are you trying to prove by praising it??" Please, a little bit of respect and consideration, this is just one thread, and you don't have to read it either.

-----EDIT---
Read the title of this thread and tell me, how many times has someone posted an answer to it??? the 80% of the cases there were discussions and insults to the ones that didn't like it or hated it!
Carnal Malefactor
It was a stupid question to begin with. Bones didn't 'do' anything to FMA. The anime and the manga were being produced concurrently. If the anime had gone into production when the manga was already well underway [say, 60-70 chapters], then you would have a case for saying, 'oh, Bones butchered it.' But they didn't.
Bones didn't take a look at what Arakawa had planned beyond a certain episode and reject it. THERE WAS NO TEMPLATE TO SPEAK OF. Their writers simply had a different vision for the story than Arakawa did all along.
Reika
hey, just that you know, Arakawas had planned the ending of the show since the very beginning, and the anime rejected not only that, but almost everything else, see? they took some ideas as the one for episode 37, why didn't the take other ones? They even had reunions to talk about Arakawas plans.

And another thingy... we aren't complaining about the changes, but how they were developed.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 05:33 PM) [snapback]300932[/snapback]

hey, just that you know, Arakawas had planned the ending of the show since the very beginning, and the anime rejected not only that, but almost everything else, see? they took some ideas as the one for episode 37, why didn't the take other ones? They even had reunions to talk about Arakawas plans.

And another thingy... we aren't complaining about the changes, but how they were developed.

Either way, it's a dumb complaint. Character development isn't limited to one or two set courses. If you have a preconceived notion about how certain characters should've developed, and they didn't develop that way, the problem is with you.
Reika
we are not talking about the development of the characters that already existed either. Besides, for that we have a basement of how it should have been.
Ladymercury (unable to login)
My inner Royai demanded more Royai in the series, but I didn't get any. Though, that small 60 seconds of Royai in ep 51 made me content. tongue.gif Oh Riza, you know you liked it when Roy ran his hands through your hair. XP

But anyway, yeah, there's not much I can do with Bones did. Yes, they turned FMA in a moving My Chemical Romance album, but that's all I can really say.

[spoiler]I mean, I would have loved for the fact that anime Wrath didn't exist and the ideal that it was Scar that killed Winry's parents instead of Roy (even though shocked and suicidal!Roy was pretty... nice to see)[/spoiler]

I can't win them all. I really dislike BONES for the FMA movie. I thought that was a load of horseshit.
Keos
Yes, I didn't like the movie that much either. My main gripe has always been with the movie this whole time. It was entertaining and the graphics was excellent, realistic etc. However, I just found it abit absurd at times [spoiler]suit of armours coming to coming to life and apparently you can change their programming with alchemy to attack your enemy .... Well, that's like the first 2 episodes with Cornello, so those are both ridiculous events. But I've found the en mass attack in the movie to be more superficial and contrived.[/spoiler] Also, let's not forget the movie ending... if it's not a 360, it's a 270, almost approaching 360 - not tragic (I'll reserve that description for something with more taste). I can ramble on, but it's repeating something I've said 100 times and I'm sure no one wants to hear that again.
Reika
Some facts I found absurd about the movie:

[spoiler]
1)Al can transmutate a piece of his soul into an armor BECAUSE he WAS transmutated in an armor (explained in an interview to BONES)<-- So if he was transmutated into a kettle he would be able to control JUST the kettles. Yeah, right, what more, what the hell does that have to do with alchemy? And how does he control the armors being conscient at the beginning and minutes later he can't control it without being asleep. Oh! and not to forget the fact that the door didn't even detect his soul inside the armor when it went to the other side, and the other way, when it came back, etc.
2)THE ENDING! "oh Al, you remember?" "eh, yeah, it seems that somehow I recovered my memories" <-- ...
3)Alter Al dies, Ed does nothing, Ed doesn't even react (if you call a real reaction to "what happened?" "he died" "oh" I give up at discussing this) <-- No Comment.
4)After the happy ending for Royai where Roy is HAPPY, HAPPIER THAN RIZA, suddenly he's all depressed, lost in who knows where and he even drops his title by his own FREE WILL! <-- !!!!!!??????

And there are more I don't want to really get into detail right now [/spoiler]
TheVileOne
Yes more of Reika's inane "plotholes".

I don't have a problem with people not liking the anime and expressing their opinions or wanting to discuss.

I have a problem with this unjust hatred toward Bones and their storytelling. These fake plotholes that were either already in the manga or just non-existent.

I have a problem with people wanting to burn down Bones and destroy them for keeping the in tone with the series and ending it as it should have.

If anything, the manga fans should appreciate that the anime ended differently since it won't spoil the end of the manga. The manga freaks seem positive that Ed is going to end up with Winry in the manga, so for their sakes I hope its true so we don't have a bunch of threads on how ARAKAWA butchered everything.
Dai
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I think the only problem you have is with reality XDDDDDDDD
Reika
1)Learn to read, I didn't call that plothole, as well as more than half of things you accuse me to call plothole
2)Come on, stop trying to prove anything this way, it's more than obvious this is just some war against me. Let's see when do you answer or "attack" or counterback some of Keos arguments, for example, who was the first one to say some of those which you say that we call "plotholes" XDDDDDD
3)Anime plotholes present in the manga??? XDDDDDDD HOW! They appear after the Anime does have nothing to do with the manga! hahaha, you made me laugh here.
4)XDDDDD by adding that comment about winry/ed and Arakawa just proves how wrong you are about us and what we think and our objectiveness.
Automne
Okay...I guess I'm a bit late but...

QUOTE(Reika Posted Yesterday @ 01:52 PM)
What I dislike the most is the fact that everybody can say how gorgeous they think the anime is and because of this and that, and the people that don't like it CAN'T say why and what they really think about it.

If this post was directed to me (If it wasn't, I'm sorry and just forget about it XD) let me tell you I wasn't only talking about people who didn't like the anime but about the ones who liked it as well and like you said, yelled 'Shut up!' each time someone else said they didn't like the anime.

Gods, I've been even asked "what are you trying to prove by complaining?" and I say "and what the hell are you trying to prove by praising it??" Please, a little bit of respect and consideration, this is just one thread, and you don't have to read it either.

-----EDIT---
Read the title of this thread and tell me, how many times has someone posted an answer to it??? the 80% of the cases there were discussions and insults to the ones that didn't like it or hated it!

I don't think I insulted you or showed any lack of respect in any way. I just said how surprised I was people could actually hate this anime. Hating Bones because there were some mistakes in the anime (which certainly found their answers now) or because there wasn't any EdWin or Royai is really pointless to me.

Now you asked why I liked this anime so much, well, I guess I'll give a clearer answer even if I think my last one was enough:
The characters, even if they are often angsty, are 'deep' and still very interesting (Yes even Gluttony or Wrath or Rose. You just have to understand the character.)
At least, this anime isn't afraid of showing real things of life and most of the episodes have their parts of sadness and humor! (They could have perfectly 'butchered' it and make something similar to DBZ...) But of course, there are still people who are upset about it *coughtheHughesthingcough*...

QUOTE(Reika Posted Yesterday @ 02:33 PM)

Huh, Arakawa had planned the end of the show, are you sure it wasn't the manga? Anyway, you do realize other companies like Bones certainly do the same, right? And may I ask, please, how do you know all these things?

QUOTE(TheVileOne Posted Today @ 11:11 AM)
If anything, the manga fans should appreciate that the anime ended differently since it won't spoil the end of the manga. The manga freaks seem positive that Ed is going to end up with Winry in the manga, so for their sakes I hope its true so we don't have a bunch of threads on how ARAKAWA butchered everything.

Then, these people aren't real FMA fans if they're only focusing about the EdWin or Royai thing. They can perfectly go look into a 'deadly fluffy' shoujŰ manga to fulfill their 'Perfect and Eternal Pairing' need. And they can perfectly make a thread about how unhappy they are and how Arakawa 'butchered' the manga. I'd be more than happy to discuss about this with them...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 17 2005, 05:52 PM) [snapback]300935[/snapback]

we are not talking about the development of the characters that already existed either. Besides, for that we have a basement of how it should have been.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Reika

Gods, I've been even asked "what are you trying to prove by complaining?" and I say "and what the hell are you trying to prove by praising it??" Please, a little bit of respect and consideration, this is just one thread, and you don't have to read it either.

-----EDIT---

I don't think I insulted you or showed any lack of respect in any way. I just said how surprised I was people could actually hate this anime. Hating Bones because there were some mistakes in the anime (which certainly found their answers now) or because there wasn't any EdWin or Royai is really pointless to me.

No, don't take me wrong, I wasn't talking about you, in fact, I was talking about people that hasn't even posted in this thread, I was talking generally. It's a pleasure to talk with you, it's rare to find people that post their opinions with respect.

QUOTE(Reika Posted Yesterday @ 02:33 PM)

Huh, Arakawa had planned the end of the show, are you sure it wasn't the manga? Anyway, you do realize other companies like Bones certainly do the same, right? And may I ask, please, how do you know all these things?

I was talking about the Manga's ending, of course, and I thought we were talking how the anime didn't take in considaration almost anything about what Arakawa had planned for the manga, from which they were adapting the anime after they reached volume 3 or so. Which I don't even complain, I just comment it because it's true, I only said and say that they should have taken in considaration what Arakawa said because what they did on their own left a trail of nonesense and plotholes as well as absurd mistakes behind through the second half of the anime.

I know all this from the different reviews on magazines, "mini-stories" by Arakawa at the end of some volumes etc. And I long ago said I didn't hate bones, but what bones did to FMA, and of course I dislike pretty much any kind of company that does whatever they want without taking some things in considaration (and of course the fansand even the experts opinions just because they think "it's better this way, we'll attract some kind of public with this and we'll get more money) and have the nerv to show and say "we did this because it was realistic" when it's not and "we are going to show this" and they don't. Why do I say I hate what they did to FMA more than "dislike pretty much" as I said before? Because I can't say it affects me what TOEI did to Sailor Moon as much as what BONES did to FMA. And just in case that a certain someone is going to argue me that TOEI didn't do anything to Sailor Moon, he/she should know that it had various lawsuits from the creator of the manga from which the anime was *cough* "adapted" *cough*. As well as many manifestations from the Sailor Moon fans (even the anime fans) <-- This last one I read it somewhere on the net.

---EDIT--
Really, I'm so up to the neck in this world of cinematographic production that I dislike very much
almost avery enterprise and company that are out there. Do you know what kind of comments do they make inside of a productions? or a dubbing?? It makes me feel sick. I know things that you people can't even imagine, and I'm not allowed to say them, why? because then I'm eaten by them and the people that follow them because they think they are some kind of "hero" to follow.

QUOTE(TheVileOne Posted Today @ 11:11 AM)

Then, these people aren't real FMA fans if they're only focusing about the EdWin or Royai thing. They can perfectly go look into a 'deadly fluffy' shoujŰ manga to fulfill their 'Perfect and Eternal Pairing' need. And they can perfectly make a thread about how unhappy they are and how Arakawa 'butchered' the manga. I'd be more than happy to discuss about this with them...

That's why I say he doesn't know what we think and are talking about, at least in my case.
Kirara
I think everyone needs to calm down for a second. I think people are getting upset for no good reason. Some of us like both the anime and manga and some of us like one over the other. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Personally although I do prefer the manga I think both versions have their strengths and weaknesses

Reika, I am not sure if you realize this but I think Arakawa knew that the anime was going to go off on a completely different direction than her manga. When the anime started there were only 2 issues of the manga available so obviously some things had to change. I am actually surprised at the amount of similarities there are between the anime and manga. However it is best to look at the anime as a separate entity from the manga. Itís fine that you didnít enjoy the anime but the anime didnít ruin anything because it was never meant to be the same as the manga. I am not sure whether Arakawa liked the anime. She seems to keep pretty quiet about that, the only thing I remember her saying is she was surprised at how the anime ended.

Vileone, believe it or not, not all of us manga fans are crazy romantic shippers. I like Edwin and Royai but just like in the anime the most important relationship to me is still Ed and Al and their love and dedication to each other as brothers. Fullmetal Alchemist wouldnít be the same without this element. Some of us like the manga more because we feel it has a better flowing story, the characters are more developed, and it is better thought out. The anime does very well in the angst department but it loses some of the fun of the manga. In my opinion the manga balances comedy and drama better than the anime. The Fullmetal Alchemist anime is one of the best there is in my opinion but I donít think it can compare to the manga. Of course we all have our opinions and we should respect each other.
Reika
Why no-one (but Dai XD) understands me??!! T^T XD ok, I'll try to explain myself again, gods, sometimes I wish I was born in the USA >.< or england.

Reika, I am not sure if you realize this but I think Arakawa knew that the anime was going to go off on a completely different direction than her manga. When the anime started there were only 2 issues of the manga available so obviously some things had to change. I am actually surprised at the amount of similarities there are between the anime and manga. However it is best to look at the anime as a separate entity from the manga. Itís fine that you didnít enjoy the anime but the anime didnít ruin anything because it was never meant to be the same as the manga. I am not sure whether Arakawa liked the anime. She seems to keep pretty quiet about that, the only thing I remember her saying is she was surprised at how the anime ended.

I know Arakawa knew that, in fact, she said "you are the one releasing this, not me" because she knew what they were going to do, I'm just saying that the anime didn't take in considaration almost anything about what she had planned for the ending of the manga for their "adaptation" to the anime. I don't say they ruined the manga, I say they ruined their OWN production and the fact that they could have done marvellous things with a great story like FMA and that the anime can't be called a praise to the manga because first of all, the anime didn't even follow the same storyline as the manga in the second half of the series (among other facts). It has almost NOTHING to do what I'm saying with the fact of what I think which is better, the anime or the manga, but with the fact that the anime ITSELF, in his totality and independence, wasn't well done. And because it wasn't well done in it's totallity I say they should have talked with Arakawa more often and/or wait a year in order to continue etc. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they wanted to do it different from the manga, but the fact that it was much better done the first half, which follows the manga, than the second, and that does not have anything to do with me being a manga freak or an anime freak, any productor, realizer, cinema critic or people that are in this world can tell you that without reading the manga. Please, understand what I'm saying!! T^T I'm begging you! XDDDDDDD

Why does everybody take my words in another way it isn't? You'll see, XD I know I'll have to re-explain myself, does anyone know how to read minds? I really need him to transcribe what I'm trying to say in a proper way xD
And no Dai, you don't count, you are Spanish too XD
Kirara
Well Reika you do realize that Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the highest rated anime in Japan in 2004-2005. I believe it also won best anime of 2004 (since that was the year of its debut). Now Fullmetal Alchemist is the highest rated anime on Cartoon Network in the US. Somehow the anime did something right.
I understand that you donít like it and that is fine. In fact some (not all) of your complaints I agree with. However even waiting a year wouldnít have done much to change the story. The manga would still have remained unfinished so Bones would either have had to still change the story or add filler. True Bones could have waited until the manga is finished completely to make the anime but this rarely happens in Japan. Usually an anime is made when a manga is popular during its run not after it is finished. In fact I once read that anime is actually used as a marketing tool to sell the manga of a series. I wouldnít be surprised if the Fullmetal Alchemist anime boost the sales of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga which canít be a bad thing because now more fans of the anime will get to see how great the manga is.
Dai
but I'm cool and you know it ^^

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

... i'm not going to try anyway XDDDD
Reika
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 18 2005, 11:18 PM) [snapback]301303[/snapback]

Well Reika you do realize that Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the highest rated anime in Japan in 2004-2005. I believe it also won best anime of 2004 (since that was the year of its debut). Now Fullmetal Alchemist is the highest rated anime on Cartoon Network in the US. Somehow the anime did something right.
I understand that you donít like it and that is fine. In fact some (not all) of your complaints I agree with. However even waiting a year wouldnít have done much to change the story. The manga would still have remained unfinished so Bones would either have had to still change the story or add filler. True Bones could have waited until the manga is finished completely to make the anime but this rarely happens in Japan. Usually an anime is made when a manga is popular during its run not after it is finished. In fact I once read that anime is actually used as a marketing tool to sell the manga of a series. I wouldnít be surprised if the Fullmetal Alchemist anime boost the sales of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga which canít be a bad thing because now more fans of the anime will get to see how great the manga is.

And you do realize that the "Teletubbies" were one of the highest rated ones, and "The Blaire Witch" too , "Dragon Ball", as well as programs like "Big Brother" etc. And that doesn't mean they are good, not everything that people see and like it's good and well done. There's a difference between "it's one of the best and high rated of audience!" (which is what they sell us. Some of them think we are kind of stupid and wouldn't understand more technical things) and "They developed this character this way and then he was developed that, and gods, that kind of transition just there and that way it's just a master piece! And it was planned since the beginning this and that, and that did that at the beginning when we thought it didn't have anything to do and look! it was because this and this, not only that, they didn't left anything loose, everything it's well prapared and elaborated so the story's easy to understand and at the same time it's complex, with a great development so it doesn't even give you the feeling of rushing and has a perfect rythm through all the production!, and the animation is great and the dubbing and the OST are perfect, etc.", which is what counts at the moment of doing an objective and proffesional cinema-critique.

Also, the fact that FMA is now considarated as one of the best animes doesn't mean it's well done, just that it's considered one of the best among the others done up untill now, and in the 90% of the cases, this kind of "conclussions" come by judging the story and what does people like, and not how it was done. You know, it's pretty convenient to tell the people what they want to hear.
Ladymercury (unable to login)
I will just be really sad if FMA ends up like Tenchi Muyo!.

Three totally different series where Tenchi ends up with three totally different female characters.
Kirara
I understand that being the top rated doesn't make something good, it also doesn't mean it is bad. I do think you should give FMA a little more credit than comparing it to teletubbies though that seems like an extreme example. However you do realize your complaints are just your opinion. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think you are a professional film critic. That being said I do think you have right to critique the anime and to share your opinion. You can say Bones ruined FMA for you. However there seems to be a lot of people out there who Bones didn't ruin FMA for. My point is it all boils down to opinion. Some people might think the FMA anime is wonderful, some people might think it is horrible and some people might think it is somewhere inbetween and no one is wrong or right in this situation.

Also why does everyone always associate the FMA anime with Bones. What about Square Enix I am pretty sure they also had a big part to play?
GaluxKitty
Well...

I agree with you, but I doubt that they could fit the entire 100 chapters of the manga into an anime, especially since the manga probably isn't going to be finished 'til about... 2009 or so. They knew FMA would be a cash cow, so BONES jumped on it.

But I doubt that they could fit the entire manga into the anime series. I doubt Arakawa told them where the manga was going, and allowed them to make their own storyline so they wouldn't ruin her story. No, she doesn't appear to be happy with what they did to it at times, but she was the one who gave them the right to animate it, and she was the only one that could.

Yes, I dislike the anime too, now that I've read the manga, and it did have lots of plotholes, but there's really not much we can do. They both have their good and bad points, and that's the main thing. I actually have resonably doubt that the anime will be able to hold a lot of people attention for 100 capters, especially since they're only released once per month. 52 just got released, right? That 48 more; a total of 4 more years.

That's a disadvantage of the manga that I see; it's dragging on a bit.

So everyone, stop bitching at everybody else. You're all stating your opinions and getting hideously wanky about them. biggrin.gif
Mars
If you dont' like the anime, don't watch it? It's done and over with.
If you are a hardxcore manga fan it makes for some great concept art.
TheVileOne
I think deep down Reika is just upset that the anime is better than the manga in many ways biggrin.gif .
Carnal Malefactor
...now you're just being silly.

Reika
Ok, I'm tired of saying the same everytime:

@Kirara: Yes, you are wrong, I'm a proffesional cinema critique who earns money right now by saying what's wrong in a film, also I'm a dubber so I know what happens inside of a dubbing studio pretty well, and I have like 4 producer friends (some of which have had given credit on the "festival of San Sebastian" and realizers . And I'm getting tired of saying that you can forget about the freaking manga when talking about the anime. Also, I would like to know how is it that you can say that something unfinished has plotholes.

And I didn't compare the Teletubbies with FMA, I said that there are top ranked programs that aren't good at all and are considered as one of the bests and the bests just because the people like it.

BTW, you do realize that the japanese themselfs laughed at the movie for its content at the cinema theaters, right?

@Galuxkitty: The same thing, forget about the manga when talking about the anime.

@Mars: BECAUSE THE 90% OF THE ANIME WATCHERS WATCH THE ANIME FIRST! I dont' even like mangas! I read the manga because someone made me read it! Everybody said "read the manga!!". And Kirara, that's why the anime made the manga sales go upright, because there's MORE people that disliked BONES work than like it, and if the poll hadn't been deleted, you would have seen it.

(Sorry if using capitals offended you, but I'm tired of saying the same after 30 pages)

I think deep down Reika is just upset that the anime is better than the manga in many ways .

...now you're just being silly.

This is the kind of comments that someone that doesn't want to see anything objectively can give, insults and disrespectfull comments from FMAanime-lovers that NEVER prove a single thing. They just post it and see what is the others reaction and still tell him/her to shut up. You should read the rest of the comments made on this thread, we had to tell the mod to make "TheVileOne" to stop insulting and start more with propper arguments like 10 times.

The fact is that everybody that says that likes he/she here saying how stupid I and Dai and everybody that agree with us are stupid and to shut up, and don't give a single real prove of why is it that what they say is true. That can give you an idea of how objective people that love the anime of FMA can be and still are the ones that insult others because someone said something they didn't like. Well, I'm not going to shut up because they don't like what they hear, they should learn to be objective. and I'm not talking about all the people to which I answered in this long post, no, I'm talking generally.

You see, I'm the only one that has the nerv to stay here and don't shut-up when an anime-lover tells me to because yes. And note that the ones saying disrespectfull things are the anime-lover much more than the manga ones, that should give you an idea of what's going on here and why am I so attacked in a thread which I opened just so the people would give their opinion towards the anime WHICHEVER IT WAS, but it seems like a "Big Brother", it's more interesting to see which one is the one that is going to be eaten by the rest.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 19 2005, 01:52 AM) [snapback]301574[/snapback]

Ok, I'm tired of saying the same everytime:

@Kirara: Yes, you are wrong, I'm a proffesional cinema critique who earns money right now by saying what's wrong in a film

Ugh... I hope you do a better job there than you do here.

A plot hole is not a plot hole if there's a reasonable explanation that can be conceived for a perceived discrepancy. Remember, Bones is the same studio that gave us RahXephon. There are a lot of things in that show that would make you scratch your head, until you really stop to think about things objectively, taking into account what you DON'T know about the premises of the show, as well as what you do know. The same is true of a lot of alleged plot holes in the FMA anime. If you've exhausted all possible explanations, and can point to a direct contradiction within the script, THEN you have a plot hole.
Reika
And FMA is full of them, I'm tired of trying to show them to blind people (which doesn't mean you are one of them), they'll see them when they watch it objectively enough. And thanks, your doubts about my proffesional job are really conforting, next time I work I'll remember you and shut up some things, let's see the autcome of the movie then.

-EDIT-
No, forget about that last part, if I seriously did that I would be fired, and I'm quite on a good postion right now with which I fell very happy.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 19 2005, 02:05 AM) [snapback]301578[/snapback]

And FMA is full of them

Then can we have a real discussion as to what's a plot hole and what isn't, rather than simply having a back-and-forth with people saying one thing is a plot-hole, and others saying it isn't, without giving concrete evidence? rolleyes.gif

And just out of curiosity, what country are you in? No publication in America would pay you to write critiques, as bad as your English is.
Reika
we tried to have it here, but people like someone everybody from earlier posts knows keep trying to sound big and insult others. I'm still trying to mantain a discussion propperly about this, but anime-lovers won't let us have it.

Oh.. and you ask for propper discussions? I'm not even going to tell you from where am I, and NO, I don't write down critiques, guess more.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 19 2005, 02:09 AM) [snapback]301581[/snapback]

Oh.. and you ask for propper discussions? I'm not even going to tell you from where am I, and NO, I don't write down critiques, guess more.

It's not an insult if you've got a valid explanation. Having poor English doesn't reflect poorly on you unless it's your primary language, after all, if that's what you're thinking.
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 19 2005, 03:52 PM) [snapback]301574[/snapback]

@Galuxkitty: The same thing, forget about the manga when talking about the anime.

... may I suggest that you forget about the anime when speaking of the manga? After all, they might as well be CLAMP-style alters of each other with the way BONES strayed from the original manga storyline. It's only fair to say that one can assume that Arakawa did not offer them her storyline, or they felt it was too long, or there was actually some other legible reason behind them changing it; I doubt that they butchered it and raped its bloody entrails for fun, darling. It brought some good, it brought some bad, but you shouldn't treat the manga like it's the Holy Bible.

Everyone got along fine until Arakawa started quote-unquote "ridiculing" some aspects of the anime...

Oh, and basing my judgement on your title post... being a manga fan/anti-anime person does not make you less or more of a Royai fan, for Christ's sake. And no, they didn't necessarily sell Royai in the magazines. Believe it or not, the magazine fans didn't know what was happening either, and the articles implied it more than the bloody pictures that BONES supplied. They may have said they would do some things, and may or may not have lived those promises through. I'm pretty sure there were Roy/Ed fans before BONES licensed the series for animation.

For crying out loud, don't get into watching a show just for a pairing. I can tell you it took me a bloody good while to like the pairings in it.
TheVileOne
I don't see how anyone expects a "proper discussion" when you have such a stupid and downright POLARIZING thread title as one for this thread.

I'm not an anime lover either. I love ALL things FMA. I'm a religious follower of the brand name. I buy the merchandise, the manga, the anime, the video games. I watch, play, and love all of it. The video games are not that great, but I enjoy them.
Reika
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 19 2005, 08:27 AM) [snapback]301584[/snapback]

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 19 2005, 03:52 PM) [snapback]301574[/snapback]

... may I suggest that you forget about the anime when speaking of the manga? After all, they might as well be CLAMP-style alters of each other with the way BONES strayed from the original manga storyline. It's only fair to say that one can assume that Arakawa did not offer them her storyline, or they felt it was too long, or there was actually some other legible reason behind them changing it; I doubt that they butchered it and raped its bloody entrails for fun, darling. It brought some good, it brought some bad, but you shouldn't treat the manga like it's the Holy Bible.

Everyone got along fine until Arakawa started quote-unquote "ridiculing" some aspects of the anime...

Oh, and basing my judgement on your title post... being a manga fan/anti-anime person does not make you less or more of a Royai fan, for Christ's sake. And no, they didn't necessarily sell Royai in the magazines. Believe it or not, the magazine fans didn't know what was happening either, and the articles implied it more than the bloody pictures that BONES supplied. They may have said they would do some things, and may or may not have lived those promises through. I'm pretty sure there were Roy/Ed fans before BONES licensed the series for animation.

For crying out loud, don't get into watching a show just for a pairing. I can tell you it took me a bloody good while to like the pairings in it.

For the last time, I DON'T TALK ABOUT THE ANIME WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE MANGA, NEVER! Please, really, understand that when I talk about how the anime wasn't good in itself is because "in itself" means "ITSELF" forget about the freaking manga, and when I talk about the manga I don't have any kind of freaking need of speaking of the anime and I don't even speak about it! So stop accusating me of doing things I don't!.

AND BY THE WAY! SINCE WHEN DO I SEE THE ANIME/READ MANGA BECAUSE OF THE ROYAI??????? That's stupid, for crying out loud, coming here saying I'm a proffesional cinema-critique and that the anime was bad because there was "no royai"????????????????? COME ON, THERE WAS ROYAI. For Pete's sake, the only Royai comment I ever made was "they said they would show and explain what happened between Roy and Riza on the film and they didn't, that's called "false advertisement""! (and it was an interview, not an article) And it even is reffered to the film and not the anime of which I'm talking!! Just the freaking film!

Another thing, I started this thread MUCH more earlier than when I read what Arakawa thought about the anime, IN FACT! The only things I know she said was "Film: "It has a good animation"" "Anime: "You are the ones releasing this, not me"", I don't even know if there's more! You are judging me and what I say without even knowing what I'm talking about!

I'm not an anti-anime either! the title to this thread would have been "TO HELL WITH THE FREAKING ANIME! WHO'S WITH ME??", in fact! I LIKE VERY MUCH THE FIRST HALF OF THE SERIES AND I SEE IT MORE THAN ONCE IN A WHILE! And I write it in capitals because I've repeted it like 12 times already! But it seems that what I say doesn't matter, oh yeah, I forgot, I'm the one that says that she thinks the anime wasn't well done *rolls eyes*.

FOR PETE'S SAKE! I'M THE ONE SAYING EVERYTIME TO FORGET AND NOT TALK ABOUT THE MANGA IN THIS FREAKING THREAD!

Sorry, but this got me really really angry (I know some people are happy to have finally make me lose my nerv, congrats to these ones).

PS: Just in case, I'll explain this the 20th time: I LIKE WHEN AN ANIME TAKES ANOTHER WAY FROM THE MANGA, BECAUSE THAT MEANS MORE FOR US AND DIFFERENT AND ALTERNATE ENDINGS.

It's not an insult if you've got a valid explanation. Having poor English doesn't reflect poorly on you unless it's your primary language, after all, if that's what you're thinking.

Two posts earlier than your statement I said Dai and I were Spanish.

-----
Message to the mods: You can do whatever you want with me, send warnings or even ban me, but I'm tired of having respect towards people that didn't have any kind of respect towards me in the first place. I'll try to control myself better the next time.
Kirara
Kirara: Yes, you are wrong, I'm a proffesional cinema critique who earns money right now by saying what's wrong in a film, also I'm a dubber so I know what happens inside of a dubbing studio pretty well, and I have like 4 producer friends (some of which have had given credit on the "festival of San Sebastian" and realizers . And I'm getting tired of saying that you can forget about the freaking manga when talking about the anime. Also, I would like to know how is it that you can say that something unfinished has plotholes.

Well Reika you are the first professional film critic I ever knew who got insulted over someone disagreeing with her opinion. Even a film critique is still an opinion. In fact I didnít see you write anything on this thread that wasnít an opinion. My whole point was you shouldnít get upset that someone disagrees with you. And that goes for the FMA anime lovers too.

Also I hope you werenít talking to me when you say something unfinished doesnít have plot holes. I assume you were talking about the manga. I never said the manga has plot holes. In fact if you actually read what I wrote I am a bigger fan of the manga than the anime. I am a huge manga supporter and get upset when people assume the two are actually the same. However something unfinished can have plot holes. I will use the anime as an example: In the anime Al goes in the water two times (in episode 3 and episode 28). Then in episode 44 (I think) he goes in the water again, everyone freaks out because of Alís blood seal but he is okay because of the Philosopher Stone. However why didnít Ed freak out about Alís blood seal in episode 3 and 28? That is a plot hole that happened before the anime was finished so what you said makes no sense.

And I didn't compare the Teletubbies with FMA, I said that there are top ranked programs that aren't good at all and are considered as one of the bests and the bests just because the people like it.

You used the Teletubbies as an example to prove that something that is popular isnít actually good. To a point I agree with you, however I was saying that is an extreme example. It shows that you are trying to say the FMA anime is on the same level of Teletubbies. Also who are you to say that Teletubbies isnít a good show? Last time I checked it was made for the preschool audience. I think they highly enjoyed it, I know my little brother and sister loved that show when they were that age.And doesnít it all come down to that, if the intended audience loved the show then it was a success. I donít think the Fullmetal Alchemist anime is perfect, I do like the manga better, however for the number of people who love this anime then obviously Bones did something right despite all of its problems. As much as you want to critique and say what is wrong with the show, the show was a success. Usually people just want to sit back and enjoy something.

BTW, you do realize that the japanese themselfs laughed at the movie for its content at the cinema theaters, right?

And your point is? I think it is funny how you contradict yourself. Above you are trying to say that something popular isnít good then here you are trying to say that the Japanese didnít really like FMA after all. So if something popular doesnít make something good, does that also mean that something that is unpopular isnít automatically bad? And for the record I actually had a whole lot of problems with the FMA movie so if you are trying to prove something to me then there is nothing to prove.

And Kirara, that's why the anime made the manga sales go upright, because there's MORE people that disliked BONES work than like it, and if the poll hadn't been deleted, you would have seen it.

And you actually believe that is the only reason? I actually saw the thread you were talking about. The manga and anime fans were actually pretty equal. At the time I voted for both but now I would vote for the manga. But I can tell you 100% that people disliking the FMA anime was not the driving force behind what made the manga sales go up. Itís true that I am sure many fans want to see how the manga is different from the anime but I would also expect that the number of fans also buy the manga because they enjoy the FMA franchise. Just looking at US sales, the FMA manga is one of the top sellers. You can thank the animeís success on cartoon network for this.

(Sorry if using capitals offended you, but I'm tired of saying the same after 30 pages

I am not offended by anything you wrote. However I donít understand why you are so offended and feel the need to prove your opinion is right. I am certainly not saying you were wrong about your opinion. If you notice in the initial thread that I called you out on I had something to say to both you and Vile One so I wasnít signaling you out. I just think everyone shouldn't get so fed up over an opinion.
Reika
BIG *SIGH* I'm cointunuesly being misurunderstand.

Well Reika you are the first professional film critic I ever knew who got insulted over someone disagreeing with her opinion. Even a film critique is still an opinion. In fact I didnít see you write anything on this thread that wasnít an opinion. My whole point was you shouldnít get upset that someone disagrees with you. And that goes for the FMA anime lovers too.

Also I hope you werenít talking to me when you say something unfinished doesnít have plot holes. I assume you were talking about the manga. I never said the manga has plot holes. In fact if you actually read what I wrote I am a bigger fan of the manga than the anime. I am a huge manga supporter and get upset when people assume the two are actually the same. However something unfinished can have plot holes. I will use the anime as an example: In the anime Al goes in the water two times (in episode 3 and episode 28). Then in episode 44 (I think) he goes in the water again, everyone freaks out because of Alís blood seal but he is okay because of the Philosopher Stone. However why didnít Ed freak out about Alís blood seal in episode 3 and 28? That is a plot hole that happened before the anime was finished so what you said makes no sense.

Actually, it's the first time someone comes to me trying to discuss something with a "you are stupid", normally someone comes to me and says "well, I disagree with this" or "thank, I should take that in considerance" etc. That's what makes me doubt about the so called "objectiveness" of these people.

Yes, I know that one about Al, I said it was, and someone saying he was "Jerry Bruckheimer" (which I can assure you was false) and that knew more than us said it wasn't, that it would have been if it was otherwise etc. I've been called even stupid because of that! My proffesional carrer has been put in doubt because of that! I've been ATTACKED because of that, THROUGH 30 pages already! JUST BECAUSE I SAID "I don't like the second half of the anime, I don't want to post why right now, but, what about you? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Say why", and I'M being accussed of MANGA-FREAK! It's just INCREDIBLE, UNBELIEVEABLE that someone can have such nerv.

You used the Teletubbies as an example to prove that something that is popular isnít actually good. To a point I agree with you, however I was saying that is an extreme example. It shows that you are trying to say the FMA anime is on the same level of Teletubbies. Also who are you to say that Teletubbies isnít a good show? Last time I checked it was made for the preschool audience. I think they highly enjoyed it, I know my little brother and sister loved that show when they were that age.And doesnít it all come down to that, if the intended audience loved the show then it was a success. I donít think the Fullmetal Alchemist anime is perfect, I do like the manga better, however for the number of people who love this anime then obviously Bones did something right despite all of its problems. As much as you want to critique and say what is wrong with the show, the show was a success. Usually people just want to sit back and en

It was a simple example to just say that not everything that has success is good, even if it is good, "success" doesn't mean "good", and I don't mind how much you like something and how much success did it have, it's still not the same. And the fact it has so much success has more to do with the fact that the story is great than how BONES developed it. And be carefull because I liked very much some of their ideas.

And your point is? I think it is funny how you contradict yourself. Above you are trying to say that something popular isnít good then here you are trying to say that the Japanese didnít really like FMA after all. So if something popular doesnít make something good, does that also mean that something that is unpopular isnít automatically bad? And for the record I actually had a whole lot of problems with the FMA movie so if you are trying to prove something to me then there is nothing to prove.

ME?? CONTRADICT MYSELF??? In the first place tell me how SUCCESSFULL and GOOD mean the same, then explain me how "they laughed at some "what I consider absurd things" that appeared in the movie" and "the japanese people didn't really like FMA afterall" are the same, and then let's talk.

oh! And by the way! you people that so like to come here accussing me! I wasn't the first one ever saying that I found some things of the movie absurd! I was the second, huh? That shows me how objective you are too.

And you actually believe that is the only reason? I actually saw the thread you were talking about. The manga and anime fans were actually pretty equal. At the time I voted for both but now I would vote for the manga. But I can tell you 100% that people disliking the FMA anime was not the driving force behind what made the manga sales go up. Itís true that I am sure many fans want to see how the manga is different from the anime but I would also expect that the number of fans also buy the manga because they enjoy the FMA franchise. Just looking at US sales, the FMA manga is one of the top sellers. You can thank the animeís success on cartoon network for this.

When the hell did I say it was 100%? Did I say that there was more people that disliked it? Were there more people that disliked it? Have the nerv to tell me "no".

I am not offended by anything you wrote. However I donít understand why you are so offended and feel the need to prove your opinion is right. I am certainly not saying you were wrong about your opinion. If you notice in the initial thread that I called you out on I had something to say to both you and Vile One so I wasnít signaling you out. I just think everyone shouldn't get so fed up over an opinion.

Let's see how you feel after having more than one insulting you through 30 pages, telling you that they know more than you just because they liked what they saw and without having a single notion of production, when I only said "I don't liked it, and you?", but you know, since I'm the only one that had the nerv to NOT shut up when someone said "you are stupid because you say you don't like it and that you think that BONES so SHUT UP, REIKA!" and answer them I've become the easiest target to insult and provoke. What I dont' understand is why you people are trying to show me how to respect someones opinion. Read all the pages, and then you'll know what's happened here since the first place.

So BYEBYE, kill yourselves, forget about me, I'll still talk with BONES themselves PROFFESIONALLY and with respect, something I really hope you learn before you fall so down and hard that you won't be able to stand up again.
Stuart
You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Reika, calm down and don't be so upset, but I agree with you, it's incredible the nerv that some people has had in this thread on the last pages (well, and through the thread).

I really give up on this forum too, I know I haven't posted that much, but this forum has proved me is not worth it, because even if the mods close this thread, it still will be a failure of a forum since someone can't say their opinion and be respected.

Still, Reika, I've sent you a private with my e-mail address, I would like to help you with "BONES" and that document, as well as discuss some things propperly.

Goodbye guys, someday you'll understand some mature and adult things that, right now, you obviously don't.
Ladymercury (still unable to log
... i just lost my whole rant when the school network went down... and i am not happy about this... i spent 15 minutes typing it up....

i'll type it up later when i don't feel so crappy right now.
Kirara
Reika I am not denying the fact that people have been insulting you on this thread. Though you seem to be doing some of the same yourself. I haven't gone through the entire thread to see who started the argument, but it always takes two people to start an argument. Again in my initial reply to you I talked to both you and Vile One. I said everyone needs to calm down, I never said just Reika needs to calm down. It certainly wasn't my intent to insult you. So perhaps people are misunderstanding you but I think you are misunderstanding others as well.

It was a simple example to just say that not everything that has success is good, even if it is good, "success" doesn't mean "good", and I don't mind how much you like something and how much success did it have, it's still not the same. And the fact it has so much success has more to do with the fact that the story is great than how BONES developed it. And be carefull because I liked very much some of their ideas.

But who determines what is good? You might be a film critic but it is still your opinion. I think the FMA anime is very good, what makes my opinion worth less than yours?

ME?? CONTRADICT MYSELF??? In the first place tell me how SUCCESSFULL and GOOD mean the same, then explain me how "they laughed at some "what I consider absurd things" that appeared in the movie" and "the japanese people didn't really like FMA afterall" are the same, and then let's talk.

I never said successful and good meant the same thing. How did you contradict yourself? In one post you said something that is popular isn't good, fine. Then you started talking about how the Japanese people laughed at the movie. I am still a little unclear why you brought up the movie since I didn't even mention it but from you wrote I gathered that you were trying to say that the Japanese didn't like the movie. So if you are saying that liking something doesn't determine if it is good than certainly disliking something doesn't mean it is bad right?

oh! And by the way! you people that so like to come here accussing me! I wasn't the first one ever saying that I found some things of the movie absurd! I was the second, huh? That shows me how objective you are too

I believe you are talking to people on this thread as a whole. However I never said you were the first person or 100th person to complain about the movie. Frankly I don't think it matters.

When the hell did I say it was 100%? Did I say that there was more people that disliked it? Were there more people that disliked it? Have the nerv to tell me "no".

You said that manga sales went up because people disliked what Bones did to the anime. I was only replying to what you said. And also I never said that you said it was 100%, I said I can tell you 100%. In otherwords I am backing up my own statement by 100%.
Miniskirt
"Bravo", you people just tried to shut up the first one that came trying to make this thread a peacefull one to discuss things with respect and propperly, that was the first one to deffend all of you, the anime and/or manga freaks and even the ones that insulted him/her and respected their opinion, "bravo" *applause*

Try people like "TheVileOne" next time, maybe you guess right and find the real one that came here insulting every living form that said something it wasn't like what he thought and tried to make pass his opinion down our throats, or try reading all the thread.

"Bravo", "Bravo" and again "Bravo", there goes the maturity for you. It's normal Reika reacted that way, she/he has all the right.

Keos and Reika: I agree with you, those were some stupid things to do!
Dai
how about we start reading propperly?

As long as I know, Reika meant that people who didn't like what bones did to the anime went to the manga so the sales went up. I don't know if that's true (but I believe in Reika), but I'm just saying that she meant that. Now that she's gone I could inherite the insults and attacks ¨¨ so I have to be veeeeeeeery carefull about what I write and how I write.

and if you don't know me it is because you didn't read the 30 pages XD I was here from the begining XD

hey, to be sure any of you kill me here, when I say "you" I don't mean someone in particular...
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 20 2005, 12:37 AM) [snapback]301641[/snapback]

For the last time, I DON'T TALK ABOUT THE ANIME WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE MANGA, NEVER! Please, really, understand that when I talk about how the anime wasn't good in itself is because "in itself" means "ITSELF" forget about the freaking manga, and when I talk about the manga I don't have any kind of freaking need of speaking of the anime and I don't even speak about it! So stop accusating me of doing things I don't!.

AND BY THE WAY! SINCE WHEN DO I SEE THE ANIME/READ MANGA BECAUSE OF THE ROYAI??????? That's stupid, for crying out loud, coming here saying I'm a proffesional cinema-critique and that the anime was bad because there was "no royai"????????????????? COME ON, THERE WAS ROYAI. For Pete's sake, the only Royai comment I ever made was "they said they would show and explain what happened between Roy and Riza on the film and they didn't, that's called "false advertisement""! (and it was an interview, not an article) And it even is reffered to the film and not the anime of which I'm talking!! Just the freaking film!

Another thing, I started this thread MUCH more earlier than when I read what Arakawa thought about the anime, IN FACT! The only things I know she said was "Film: "It has a good animation"" "Anime: "You are the ones releasing this, not me"", I don't even know if there's more! You are judging me and what I say without even knowing what I'm talking about!

I'm not an anti-anime either! the title to this thread would have been "TO HELL WITH THE FREAKING ANIME! WHO'S WITH ME??", in fact! I LIKE VERY MUCH THE FIRST HALF OF THE SERIES AND I SEE IT MORE THAN ONCE IN A WHILE! And I write it in capitals because I've repeted it like 12 times already! But it seems that what I say doesn't matter, oh yeah, I forgot, I'm the one that says that she thinks the anime wasn't well done *rolls eyes*.

FOR PETE'S SAKE! I'M THE ONE SAYING EVERYTIME TO FORGET AND NOT TALK ABOUT THE MANGA IN THIS FREAKING THREAD!

Sorry, but this got me really really angry (I know some people are happy to have finally make me lose my nerv, congrats to these ones).

PS: Just in case, I'll explain this the 20th time: I LIKE WHEN AN ANIME TAKES ANOTHER WAY FROM THE MANGA, BECAUSE THAT MEANS MORE FOR US AND DIFFERENT AND ALTERNATE ENDINGS.

Well then, what do you have to compare the anime to? Disregarding all manga influence and saying that BONES did bad things to the anime... what exactly are you trying to say?

Yeh, all you did want rant on for about 5 lines about the exclusion of Roy, Riza and their relationship in general. And it did show what happened to them; Roy came back, Riza was happy and all was good. If you consider giving them like, total closure in freakin' marital bliss to be the only closure possible, well of course you're going to be dissapointed.

Oh jeez. *eyeroll* You just created a thread called Do You Hate What Bones Did to FMA? and expect us not to think there's any grudge against the anime there..

Well then, if we're not talking about the manga at all, I reiterate: what the Hell have we got to compare BONES's job to? It's not like animes like Evangelion who got adapted for manga. So apparently, people are supposed to hate BONES without any prior knowledge?

Bah, I'm over it. biggrin.gif Have fun fighting with everyone else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.