Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
seventh_sky
It sure does suspiciously look like Winry's automail, doesn't it...

(sarcasm x200)

EDIT- I found the poll, I vote B
Miniskirt
pfffff too much to read tongue.gif

I have to say that YES! I hate what BONES did to FMA! mad.gif
Stuart
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 5 2005, 07:57 AM)
You trying to clarify things? Ok, this is a question to the readers of the topic:
Poll: After reading the posts of TheVileOne, which impression did they give you? (Be objective, please)
Choose:
A) He was trying to clarify things as well as posible.
B ) He was trying to make all of us believe that his opinion is right and that BONES' work was great.

oh, my first poll, hehehe.

I choose B too
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 4 2005, 10:57 PM)
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I didn't put any picture yet. see? you just want to say black if I say white. pffff, gods...

Here you have the picies (NOW I POST THEM):

And anyways, it IS winry's automail.

Ooh...this makes me really happy. But I have to white it out:

[spoiler]Pictures 1-5. These are from a FLASHBACK at the beginning of the movie. This is a flashback when Ed was still a state alchemist and was traveling with Al while his soul was embodied in armor. This is not Ed at the end of the series.

Pictures 6 and 7. These are in the movie AFTER Ed is reunited with Winry and Al. And what is one of the first things Winry does? GIVES ED NEW AUTOMAIL! That's not what Ed was using at the end of the series.

Pictures 8 and 9 are just symbolic imagery. If you looked closely at the prosthetic hand Ed had in episode 51, it was not the hand it fades to at the very end of the episode. [/spoiler]

Nice try Reika, better luck next time.

The anime, again, has fails, and we should admit it, lots of them, it ussually happens when the anime starts its own way and not follows the manga's way.

Most of the fails I see Reika complaining about are in the manga as well.

I think you, the Vile One, are the last one which should call Reika stubborn, because you are the most stubborn here, and Dai's explanation about you covering yourself from you don't want to see something... I think he's right, at leats it is what you are showing here.

Ok then, and I think you guys are too ignorant to see what is painfully obvious.

Even Bones admited the fist thing was a fail... and you still say it isn't, this time it's my turn to say there is a more important group of persons above you that knows a lot more about FMA, Bones itself. If they say it is a fail... it is.

I never heard Bones say it was a fail. If you have a link which says, "The thing was a fail, we made a mistake." Please point it out to me.

If you referring to how they made a MINOR change in the animation having Ed clasp his hands instead of punching his hand...so what?

All I remember is when this happened how everyone started throwing little hissy fits about it. People think Adult Swim was butchering the anime. Ok whatever.

Either way, I'm not losing sleep over something so minor about Ed clasping his hand or punching them.
Ouro-boros
oh my, i didn't look closer to the that images! thanks Reika! now I see what you said about the automail fail (I didn't get it early ^^U) and you're right, it is the same automail XD it appears even in the opening XDDDDDDD it is an old automail, which makes the fail even bigger, because Ed apperas in London with the old automail he didn't have in the last episode :S

About the poll.

I choose B too XD
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Ouro-boros @ Sep 5 2005, 12:46 AM)
oh my, i didn't look closer to the that images! thanks Reika! now I see what you said about the automail fail (I didn't get it early ^^U) and you're right, it is the same automail XD it appears even in the opening XDDDDDDD it is an old automail, which makes the fail even bigger, because Ed apperas in London with the old automail he didn't have in the last episode :S

About the poll.

I choose B too XD
[right][snapback]274065[/snapback][/right]

I choose A and B for the poll. smile.gif

And Reika's pictures don't prove jack, they are totally out of context. Read the movie summary and you will know why.
Ouro-boros
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 5 2005, 01:48 AM)
I choose A and B for the poll. smile.gif

And Reika's pictures don't prove jack, they are totally out of context.  Read the movie summary and you will know why.
[right][snapback]274067[/snapback][/right]

I read the summary twice... and I still see the pics, and Ed's wooden arm (or whatever raw material ed's arm is made of in London) is exact to Winry's. Ed's arm is made of some kind of ... plastic flesh? and when it "melt", winry's automail appears.
Reika

You... can't get it, right? Even with just the pictures of the last episode last scene you have the proof, and they are in the file. I'm not going to say anything else about this, the pictures talk by themselfs, and even so, they are two fails in one, if you can't get them, it's not my problem. Consult with some friends to be able to understand it, because you are the only one that doesn't want to see it. But you know? That's your choice.

Most of the fails I see Reika complaining about are in the manga as well.

The only thing I'm going to say about this is: I can't believe you really make yourself believe that.

I never heard Bones say it was a fail. If you have a link which says, "The thing was a fail, we made a mistake." Please point it out to me.

You... have never made an animation, right??? Just for 5 minutes of animation it takes MONTHS, if they changed it: first: They thought it was a mistake. Second: They thought it was important enough to make an animation that probably took more than one week and who knows how much money.

Don't talk about things you don't know, please, it's your choice to close your eyes.
Dai
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 5 2005, 01:41 AM)
Either way, I'm not losing sleep over something so minor about Ed clasping his hand or punching them.

hey... don't lie XD I read this post yesterday and it had only a quote, a sentence, a spoiler and another sentence... I saw it again later, and it was the same (almost 1 hour and half later) now it has 3 times its original length... so you thought about what you wrote and edite it ... oooooooh, and you even say it isn't making you lose your dream?
(no literally , of course)

Brat'ja: lala lalalaaaaaaaaaaaa lala lala

And I bet, the first thing you do in the morning, is come here to check if Reika or I have said anything about it XD.
Miniskirt
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 5 2005, 06:41 AM)

XDDDDDDD Are you blind? Or the heat over there is so great that your blood evaporates before reaching your brain?

And YOU dared called Reika stubborn! hahahahah laugh.gif

Poll: B of course! XD

For Reika: Hey Reika! I finished reading the document (the second one). PLEASE! SEND THEM THE DOCUMENT!! And ignore the guy that "vileone" or whatever, he doesn't deserve such attention from all of us tongue.gif
Reika
QUOTE(Miniskirt @ Sep 5 2005, 04:58 PM)
And YOU dared called Reika stubborn! hahahahah  laugh.gif

Poll: B of course! XD

For Reika: Hey Reika! I finished reading the document (the second one). PLEASE! SEND THEM THE DOCUMENT!! And ignore the guy that "vileone" or whatever, he doesn't deserve such attention from all of us  tongue.gif
[right][snapback]274759[/snapback][/right]

Yes, we are going to send it to them, don't worry ^^ And although you are trying to be nice towards me... I have to say that you should stop insulting him. Our opinions towards him and his intelligence etc are irrelevant. We are trying to change this topic into a more mature discussion, and insults don't help. If you have something to say to him PM him. I hope you understand this, I don't want to have the need to call to a mod (don't feel bad about this, please, I'm not trying to attack you nor anything).

Thanks ^^

------
Poll results by the moment:
Votes for A:1
Votes for B: 6
Miniskirt
QUOTE(Reika)
Yes, we are going to send it to them, don't worry ^^ And although you are trying to be nice towards me... I have to say that you should stop insulting him. Our opinions towards him and his intelligence etc are irrelevant. We are trying to change this topic into a more mature disucussion, and insults don't help. If you have something to say to him PM him. I hope you understand this, I don't want to have the need to call to a mod (don't feel bad about this, please, I'm not trying to attack you nor anything).

Thanks ^^

Oh, I see, don't worry, it won't happen again wink.gif

I know this is offtopic, but, anyone knows where can I upload a sign? some kind of online photo album, or something like that?
seventh_sky
QUOTE(TheVileOne)
And Reika's pictures don't prove jack, they are totally out of context. Read the movie summary and you will know why.

But at the time of those screenshots they didn't HAVE a movie yet, did they? Was the movie's plot even FINALIZED at that time?

And wouldn't it make sense to have all of the series be able to stand alone and be sensible without having bits of it that are "in the movie" which probably half of us will never see anyway?
Reika
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Sep 6 2005, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne)

But at the time of those screenshots they didn't HAVE a movie yet, did they? Was the movie's plot even FINALIZED at that time?

And wouldn't it make sense to have all of the series be able to stand alone and be sensible without having bits of it that are "in the movie" which probably half of us will never see anyway?
[right][snapback]275169[/snapback][/right]

I don't know why you worry about that XD you just have to compare the ones from the last episode, the one before he appeared in london, with the one he has in london, with the one of winry. It's a simple as that.
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 6 2005, 12:09 AM)
I don't know why you worry about that XD you just have to compare the ones from the last episode, the one before he appeared in london, with the one he has in london, with the one of winry. It's a simple as that.

I love the way you have to make things easy, you're right XD
Stuart
Well, I have to say, Vol 3, Hakuro appears and, he is only acting proffesional, he is not being a jerk, just asking questions about the work of Roy'men, not saying that Roy serving him would be a good aspiration with a look of superiority in his eyes.
Summerlover01
/quote/ You trying to clarify things? Ok, this is a question to the readers of the topic:
Poll: After reading the posts of TheVileOne, which impression did they give you? (Be objective, please)
Choose:
A) He was trying to clarify things as well as posible.
B ) He was trying to make all of us believe that his opinion is right and that BONES' work was great. /qoute/

*reads this part* B no questions asked.
I'm just a lazy guest who is pretty much impartial in this argument (I think the manga totally pwns the anime, but hey, the anime was good too).

However, I do have to agre with TheVileOne on the automail thing. Uhh, check episode 51, when Ed is in our world. That sure as heck isn't automail. blink.gif
Reika
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 6 2005, 01:58 AM)
I'm just a lazy guest who is pretty much impartial in this argument (I think the manga totally pwns the anime, but hey, the anime was good too).

However, I do have to agre with TheVileOne on the automail thing. Uhh, check episode 51, when Ed is in our world. That sure as heck isn't automail.  blink.gif
[right][snapback]275336[/snapback][/right]

Please, in this link you have precisely the automail Ed had in the last episode in London (it's the automail that appears in the very last minute, where we can see it better, when he rises his hand) and it's the automail, not a prosthetic, if it isn't automail I'm a homunculus XD (ignore the movie pics)

http://es.geocities.com/aahboba/movie.pdf

The las pic is the one before Al transmutated him. I say in the document which ones were the last episode's ^^.
xrninja
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 6 2005, 01:39 AM)
Please, in this link you have precisely the automail Ed had in the last episode in London (it's the automail that appears in the very last minute, where we can see it better, when he rises his hand) and it's the automail, not a prosthetic, if it isn't automail I'm a homunculus XD (ignore the movie pics)
[right][snapback]275639[/snapback][/right]
i believe that in the last scene from episode 51, when Ed and Al are in their respective trains in their respective worlds and they each raise an arm towards the sky, the automail is shown in place of Ed's prosthetic arm in order to allude to everything in the series that the brothers went through in order to regain their limbs/bodies, to Ed being the "Fullmetal Alchemist," to the first episode ("you'll be burned if you get too close to the sun"), and to Ed's new goal. i took it to mean something like: their journey still continues, despite the new obstacles between them, and despite that he is in a new world with no alchemy and no automail, Ed is still the Fullmetal Alchemist in spirit. so while i agree with many of your other arguments, i really don't think this is an error; most likely, BONES consciously put in automail in the last scene. Ed clenching his prosthetic fist (if that's even possible) would have been a much less powerful image to end the series on.

(just a thought: is it really that easy to stick your arm out of a fast-moving train without it getting buffeted and whipped around? BONES makes it look really simple, heh.)
Reika
Mmm... I see your point... I suppose we'll have to wait for the movie then? But he has it before the train, I didn't took those pictures because they weren't so clear (goes to check it now). Even so, there's a trailer where he has a plastic prosthetic and when he melts it it seems to have the automail underneath it.. but that could be after the spoiler.

---EDIT----

Ok, I checked the episode, and before the train scene he hasn't nor the one he had before being tranmustated by Al nor the one when he raises his hand. It's still metal and it looks pretty much like Winry's automail, BUT it lacks of the middle screw and the other two, it seems he can`t move his wrist. His fingers are the same as winry's though. So what is it? Who knows. I'll wait for the movie before jumping into conclussions.

----EDIT-----

It seems we won't have to wait very long XD here are the two raws (1st part and 2nd) of a camcoded version!!:

http://www.tokyotosho.com/index.php?page=1&cat=0

----EDIT-----
(just a thought: is it really that easy to stick your arm out of a fast-moving train without it getting buffeted and whipped around? BONES makes it look really simple, heh.)

Well, if it was a simbolic image, the gesture itself could be simbolic too, and it would be that easy to stick it out of the window XD
edwardasakura18
dai & reika - thank you so much for that! im glad that people are in the same boat as me @_@ eii!! i guess ill just have to wait till i get a chance to watch the movie. ugh..that end...eei!! ed i love you but..london? whaa-?!?!
Stuart
Hi, edwardasakura18. Wellcome to this topic

About the symbolic scene... I think you may be right, xrninja, but again, it is what we think it is, we have no proof about it, but it is a good theory.
Reika
QUOTE(edwardasakura18 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:01 PM)
dai & reika - thank you so much for that! im glad that people are in the same boat as me @_@ eii!! i guess ill just have to wait till i get a chance to watch the movie. ugh..that end...eei!! ed i love you but..london? whaa-?!?!
[right][snapback]276057[/snapback][/right]

weeeeeeee!! There's pretty much people that doesn't like BONES' work. Welcome to the topic!! ^^
TheVileOne
There is proof.

Ed does NOT have auto-mail at the end of the series.

I already explained the link Reika posted and why the pictures are BS.
edwardasakura18
[bows] arigato gozimasu stuart and reika happy.gif

and i do believe that ed-o's arm is prosthesis (?) and he just fashioned it like winry's auto mail. course he not being mechanic savy or anything its not as functionable, if moveable at all...
Reika
Prothestics do not have cables. And the one he has in the movie is hidraulic: Another prove of BONES' realism in the movie. ¬¬ I'm seeing the first half and I'm like "lalalala" I think I'm not going to bother to even add the unanswered questions of this movie as I said at first. Nop, I'll just see it once and never bring the topic again, because even if I just saw half of it I can say that this time I didn't like one bit the changes (Gods... what did they do to Roy... and Riza! >.< and YES! They say what happens between them, and I preffered if they didn't, because the change of personality in both of them is like a big "lalalalala~"). So I'm afraid if I start complaining about it I won't stop, so I'll keep that for when I talk with Dai. Good animation though.

I was going to post the pictures where you can see the cables and all.., and I even have the document here, but really, I think it's not worth it, anyone can believe whatever they want. I'll just say that the one he has in the last episode is different from the one before he went there, from the one he shows at the last scene, from the one he has in the movie. So I'll just say "lalalalalalala~ (random infantile song)"
Keos
Prothestics do not have cables. And the one he has in the movie is hidraulic: Another prove of BONES' realism in the movie.

Now, hold on a minute, we all agree that the anime can't be that realistic and for that matter, the extent to which they make up stuff about prosthetics is the same as the stuff they make up about the Thule society, involving dragon. ie. not real. So, talking about the prosthetic that was in the movie being way more sophisticated than it could have ever been during that time is not a good basis for argument. Personally, I think, what the directors had in mind when they were talking about "realistic", is how realistic the characters would tend to react and how realistic the ending/events would be given the circumstances that have paved the way for those events/ending to happen.
Reika
(nice avatar keos XD)

actually, I have more to say about the realism of the characters behaviour than the other things (tires to keep quite and starts sweating) XDD Don't - make- me -talk...

anyways, after seeing the other half it improved for me.
Keos
Thanks biggrin.gif thought I'd try something different.

Have you seen the movie yet? I'm trying ti download it now, though it would take a million years probably for it to finish. Watch and then let's see if the movie changes our mind on anything or make us swear more tongue.gif
TheVileOne
Either way Reika, they weren't AUTOMAIL as you apparently "PROVED" them to be.
edwardasakura18
hey keos, where are you downloading the movie off of? cuz im looking for a place..but i dont use bit torrent. ei im soo keen on seeing it tho!!
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Sep 8 2005, 03:10 AM)
Thanks biggrin.gif thought I'd try something different.

Have you seen the movie yet?  I'm trying ti download it now, though it would take a million years probably for it to finish.  Watch and then let's see if the movie changes our mind on anything or make us swear more  tongue.gif
[right][snapback]277725[/snapback][/right]

yes... I've seen the movie... completely.. I'll just say, there are a couple of people out of character that.. more OOC they couldn't be, and it made me be autist for a while XDDDDDDDDDD specially with the first half. There are very sudden changes of acctitude in it of those characters, and I think (I need to take my time to translate that part or wait for the subs) that there are some historic mistakes (no, not unanswered questions but real mistakes). And there are a lot of inconsistences (specially in the second half). The first half I was getting bored, I must say, but the second half has more action and at least it keeps you entertained, I even laughed once with one of the characters that are out of character.

After seeing it I came to this conclusion: I would have lived happy enough if I didn't see it too.

hey keos, where are you downloading the movie off of? cuz im looking for a place..but i dont use bit torrent. ei im soo keen on seeing it tho!!

I think that someone posted a direct link in "Movie RAW", but it will be like 20 pages ago by now XD
Miniskirt
QUOTE(TheVileOne)
Either way Reika, they weren't AUTOMAIL as you apparently "PROVED" them to be.

What? Does she have to play as if she was your bigger sis everytime?

you should learn to go out from your happiness and multicolor dream bubble by yourself.
TheVileOne
Whatever, its just symbolic of how wrong her "unanswered questions" are.
Ouro-boros
Man, it has cables... CABLES... which kind of prothestic arm has cables?! if it has cables, it probably means that it has some kind of nerves connections... automail, you know?

scaping from reallity must be cooler than I imagine mellow.gif
Dai
Putting aside TheVileOne multicolor country (I think it is going too far, it is automail, let's stop discussing it, please, it is like discussing about the sun bright! just look at it!), I'd like to say that I hate Noah character... it is a new try to pair Ed and Roze (or a new version of her).

I don't like Ed'reactions at all ¬¬

[spoiler]
1) Alter|Alphonse dies... Ed don't react like he should. Ok, I think it can be because he has recovered his own brother, but I don't think Ed could be so cold.

2) Ed meets Al... My cat reacts happier when he see me, and he is a solitary and un-sociable cat.
[/spoiler]

What do you think? Please, opinions, no stubborn things like "you are wrong and I'm cool", I'm not going to answer anymore to people like this XD
Reika
QUOTE(Dai @ Sep 8 2005, 10:45 PM)
(I'd like to say that I hate Noah character... it is a new try to pair Ed and Roze (or a new version of her).

[spoiler]Yeah, quite funny how Roze only appears in one or two scenes, nor more than10 seconds after giving her such protagonism at the end of the series. Now Noah is the new character so cool and so Ed falls in love with her for good. If you didn't notice... I don't like this pairing.[/spoiler]

I don't like Ed'reactions at all ¬¬

[spoiler]
1) Alter|Alphonse deads... Ed don't react like he should. Ok, I think it can be because he has recovered his own brother, but I don't think Ed could be so cold.

2) Ed meets Al... My cat reacts happier when he see me, and he is a solitary and un-sociable cat.
[/spoiler]

What do you think? Please, opinions, no stubborn things like "you are wrong and I'm cool", I'm not going to answer anymore to people like this XD
[right][snapback]278354[/snapback][/right]

[spoiler]1)he's just surprised! for pete's sake, and they say that's realism? he's been with him since 2 years ago and he only gets surprised and then starts talking with noah! (I TOLD YOU NOT TO MAKE ME TALK XD) He doesn't even ask what happened to him.

2)It's more emotive how he meets winry than how he meets Al, is like "oh! hello Al! so you have your body" Al "yeah" and that's it. They've been searching for each other for two years and now they are like "oh, hello". Ed even seems to give more importance to the fact that our world is his world than to be with Al, and that's pretty OOC for me. Not to say that Al is somewhat like "I'm Ed but more young, more tall and more sensitive in front of people". And it's quite funny how did they forget about the fact that the story of the elric brothers is to restore their bodies, and I'm going to stop now XD[/spoiler]

Stop making me talk~ Don't even try to make me talk about other characters~ Dai~ you know what I think about the characters development and the story and the use of alchemy of this movie~ you were the one that told me to forget about it~~~~
Miniskirt
I saw the movie, no comments rolleyes.gif
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 8 2005, 10:55 PM)
[spoiler]1)he's just surprised! for pete's sake, and they say that's realism?[/spoiler]

It's BONES' Super Hiper Ultra Mega Dooby-dooby-doo~ Realism ^^ XDDDDDDD

Stop making me talk~ Don't even try to make me talk about other characters~ Dai~ you know what I think about the characters development and the story and the use of alchemy of this movie~ you were the one that told me to forget about it~~~~
[right][snapback]278368[/snapback][/right]

You know I don't like to make you talk about you don't like XD but there is people which has to talk about it... sorry sad.gif XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I think that, sometime in the future, I'll have to explain the FMA anime and movie to some psychiatrist blink.gif and you too ph34r.gif

XDDDDDDDD
LunarMoon
*Can’t stand the abuse of the terms XD, LOL, WTF, OMG, LMAO, or ROTFL*

i was mostly irritated by how the timeline seemed to be in constant flux. the boys' ages kept changing irrationally, and there seemed to be time warps where the space-time continuum seemed to uh...shift. i had a helluva time trying to get the timeline to work for a fic i was working on, because i was using events from both the anime AND the manga...and making them fit together was a *bear*!Episodes 3-9 were flashbacks if that helps clear things up. I'm not quite sure where you're confused.

it is a continuity fail, Envy can't remember his true face (hey, he could be even a girl XD), but in the last chapter Boness needed a dramatical moment, so they just make the stupid change XD and then they transmuted envy into a third rate Shenron (Dragon Ball dragon XD)... until then, Envy could only transform into human beings... not even inanimated materials... oh, I know, maybe Hoenhein was a dragon when he and Dante (another stupid anime change XD) created him XD.
It didn’t say anything about him only being to transmute into a human and their doesn’t seem to be any logical reason why that would be so (it seems like he merely manipulates the light to form an illusion or manipulates the atoms to form the thing he wants to transform into). I personally didn’t like the dragon look, however and I hope he changes back into a humanoid form in the movie.

and when a character shows powers that he hasn't before just to that moment... it is a big fail, or the worst guionist ever... "I don't know how to end this... so I'll give pepito that new power! that is! then I will not have to bother myself in thinking! yay! XD
This is one of the most common literary and especially anime plot points:
Lord of the Rings: The one ring, Sting, Gladrial’s light
Dragonball Z: Do I need to explain this?
Scr-ye-d: Kazuma alter version 2
Naruto: Doppelganger Ninjitsu
Inuyasha: Tetsaiga
Any RPG: Everything
Etc.

And by the way, when you finish reading the manga and extras... you'll see that Envy's only power is changing his own form, not reviving anything, or animating it, nor anything he could do with the birds. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The manga is not a legimate source for the anime. They later become extremely different after all, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Episode 1
Only human alchemy is tricky. I personally don’t like how FMA paints humans as being so arrogantly valuable that the laws of physics of that world bend at our feet.

Episode 2
1) The philosopher’s stone merely begins to transmute random objects at the times it overloads.
2) those on the AS forum speculated that Envy merely removed a part of his body and was able to control it from there. Think of the lion demon from Yu Yu Hakusho

Episode 3
The body of water he fell into was extremely low yet the river he fell into later on was high enough to completely submerge him. You can see in episode 17 that the blood seal is drawn rather high in the armor.

Episode 4
It’s a crappy filler of which I’ve met no fans that actually liked it. I think we’d all just like to forget that episode existed

Episode 5
As Ed mentioned later when he accidentally touched Al (Philosopher’s Stone), he’s an alchemist so a he actually can form unconscious transmutations

Episode 9
1) I’m sure it wouldn’t cost to much to get a flesh like material implanted in a world as advanced as theirs
2) Amestris is modeled after Nazi Germany and Edward is a blond haired Caucasian (Aryan). Of course Haruko would treat him well. On the other hand, Scar very directly mentioned the racial tension between the two races later on in the series. I personally liked the little addition; it makes things a bit more realistic.

Episode 10
Alchemists are able to produce nuclear fission and fusion within in mere seconds. Is it really a stretch that he could just use alchemy to detach the skin?

Episode 11
1) I hate this episode. It’s filled with FMA clichés and the undeveloped villain (Tucker and Barry had other reasons outside of, “Because we can”) even has a mustache.

Episode 22
1) Envy’s no less angsty than Ed is. It comes as no surprise that he would consider himself to really be the person that he was resurrected from.
2) In short, like most anime villains, she’s to lazy to do it herself so she prefers to send her lackeys to do it instead
3) Your last sentence is structured bizarrely
4) As stereotypically in an anime, alchemy is probably connected to one’s emotions (Animes largest cliche). Unfortunately, there’s no one who is completely emotionless to use as an example so this remains speculation (manga is not a legimate source for the anime information)

Episode 26
See #9
TheVileOne
As I said in another thread. I like episode 4. I think every episode is significant. I didn't find it to be filler crap either.
edwardasakura18
I think that someone posted a direct link in "Movie RAW", but it will be like 20 pages ago by now XD

thanks so much reika!! ill go look for it happy.gif and...

i didnt like episode four persay but i didnt hate it. like thevileone said, every episode is significant!
Guest_Morgan_*
Quick question regarding Al's limbs at the end of 51:

If they aren't automail, why is Ed KNEELING down on the floor while packing his things? He lost his knee along with his leg, and if he had a "prosthetic" he would not be able to kneel down in that manner.

Now about why he wasn't moving his arm, that's a mystery. I don't know. But it would be impossible for him to have a prosthetic on his leg and be able to bend a nonexistant knee. Even today, with amputees, if you have your leg amputated above the knee it is hard enough to WALK, not to mention bend a knee that isn't there...heh.

I don't know if this is just another inconsistencie or what. I actually like the job that Bones did with the FMA anime; I am in the middle of reading the manga now, and expect it to be just as good if not even better. I think both have their own special qualities though. Animation is a different medium than things put on a page...ah that's not the best way to word it, but you know what I mean...
TheVileOne
Its possible you know, he fashioned a prosthetic with a <darned> JOINT!

He has knowledge of them since Pinako had him use one in episode 17 when they were repairing his automail.

mod edit: watch your language.
Keos
QUOTE("LunarMoon")
Episode 1
Only human alchemy is tricky. I personally don’t like how FMA paints humans as being so arrogantly valuable that the laws of physics of that world bend at our feet.

Mm, some time ago, we were wondering about why you can transmute animals/plants and not humans. Having a soul would make the transmutation "tricky". If you're Christian, you would think that only humans have souls; if you're Buddhist, then you would think animals & humans have souls, but not plants. I tend to believe, because Amestris and the whole setting of FMA is in the western world, they'll gravitate towards Christianity or something similar. I don't know what the rest of the military thinks, but this is the impression I get in general. If that is so, there are obviously no rules against transmuting dead plants or animals. But since Izumi didn't seem to like that, I'd say both animals and humans have souls.

Ok, that's enough of me blabbering... don't think that was very relevant to the current discussion but I wanted to post it anyway.

QUOTE("edwardasakura18")

I'm just using bit torrent.. and I think that's the only place you can get it off, unless you have Limewire, cuz I've tried searching it up there and found one result, but it's hard to get it since it's almost never available. I don't like bittorent either since it's slower than watching snail crawl, but yeah, no other places I know of.

... yep... still waiting for the first part to finish downloading...

QUOTE("Reika")
[spoiler]Yeah, quite funny how Roze only appears in one or two scenes, nor more than10 seconds after giving her such protagonism at the end of the series. Now Noah is the new character so cool and so Ed falls in love with her for good. If you didn't notice... I don't like this pairing.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Huh? So it's official that Ed falls in love with Noah? Mmm.. I guess that completes the purpose of another useless character.... *doesn't care anymore about the anime*[/spoiler]
TheVileOne
[spoiler]Last time I checked, nothing happens with Ed and Rose's alter in this movie. [/spoiler]
Reika
weeeeeeee! I've been gone for a couple of days and there are pretty much posts ^^

Keos:
[spoiler]Huh? So it's official that Ed falls in love with Noah? Mmm.. I guess that completes the purpose of another useless character.... *doesn't care anymore about the anime* [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah.. there's this scene where Noah comes to Ed's bed when he's sleeping and sits beside him and positions herself above of his face, inches away from his mouth, then the scene changes. And there's another scene where he carries her a quite long way clasping hands, and another one when Ed travels to Amestris, there's a "this is just a second but we make it seem like an eternity because they characters feel that moment the same way" and they look at each other, Ed makes a face as to say "It's hard but I need to go", closes his eyes and looks to the front again while Noah shouts "Edoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

mm... I'm tired right now... ^^U I'll answer the other posts if I feel like doing it after I take a long nap XD Hope you don't mind ^^
xrninja
QUOTE(Reika @ Sep 11 2005, 11:16 PM)
[spoiler] Yeah.. there's this scene where Noah comes to Ed's bed when he's sleeping and sits beside him and positions herself above of his face, inches away from his mouth, then the scene changes.[/spoiler]
[right][snapback]281991[/snapback][/right]
[spoiler]wasn't that because she was trying to read his thoughts to find out something about Thule? i'm pretty sure i read a spoiler on that awhile ago.[/spoiler]
NightMistress
[spoiler]*sigh* Yeah but ever so sadly, that moment where she was reading his thoughts doesn't matter. We know they end up together because of that bloody letter from Al to Winry in the new Animedia scans *GAG*. sad.gif Poor Winry. Poor EdWin fans sad.gif . We've still got the manga which we have been saying since forever since the anime acted like it never truly wanted EdWin in the first place. [/spoiler]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.