Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 17 2005, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 17 2005, 03:42 PM)
Who said Riza was the major by the end of the series?  I don't think that's correct. huh.gif  I don't think Roy ever got promoted to Brigadier General by the end of the series - alot of people were saying that Roy got demoted down to a private, so him being anything above brigadier general is unlikely.  You can't interpret the promotion/demotion of FMA army personnel as an inconsistent point for the series and manga .... things happen and I think the things that happened at the end of the series were good reason for any of them to be demoted.  However, I would expect that if people (ie. the other military authorities/civilians) really cared about the Fuhrer getting killed, they would not have imposed punishments more lenient than shooting Roy for treason (or at least putting him behind bars forever) and the same with Riza for collaboration with him.  So, him getting demoted do raise some questions (assuming he was demoted in the movie :S)

Also, above the brigadier general, usually sits the major general, lieutenant general, general and then the Fuhrer in this case.

Actually, all this discussion about ranks really has nothing to do with Roy/Riza's personalities.  I think the movie's character personalities were quite in line with the anime's.  Since somewhere after the mid-way point through the series, most of the anime characters seemed to be alot more depressing than their manga-counterparts and I've gotten used to seeing them like that.  If the characters are not very upbeat or cheerful during the movie, I think the behaviour would be consistent.  The only thing I'm not pleased about with the movie currently is the abruptness of the ending (and the ending itself).  The series in general, I am good with except for the things I've mentioned ages ago on this thread.
[snapback]254076[/snapback]

Please, use the spoiler tags, and I don't know about your subtitles, but in japanese, after episode.. 48?, Pride goes to Roy and calls him "Junshou", and Junshou is not Colonel, but Brigadier General. I thought it was the rank just bellow Fuhrer because, that I recall, we haven's seen any other rank above it, only Brigadier General, and then the Fuhrer: Iron Blood, Hakuro, etc. Even Hakuro made as Fuhrer when Pride had to leave the HQ and he got excited because of that. If it wasn't the one bellow, wouldn't it be more sensible to tell another one to do as Fuhrer?

Also, I supposed she would be mayor because ever since Roy raised, Riza raised. But it doesn't matter if she is Mayor or 1st Lieutenant, the question is that if they kept them raising, as much as to make Riza be Brigadier General in the movie, Roy should have been Fuhrer. [spoiler] And that makes them make roy, not get demoted, but make him drop his title by own will because it reminds him of the crimes he did in the past. That are precisely the same he does when he drops his title and becames a private that makes him go to the frontlines to kill people (you know, the traumas he has is because of following orders that made him kill poeple.)[/spoiler]

So I think that this raising in the ranks does have something to do with the change of personalities, that really don't have sense for me.

Because [spoiler] Roy in the movie doesn't want to even use the alchemy, in fact, he lights a cigarrette for Havoc with a lighter. Why didn't he drop on his title and refuse to use alchemy BEFORE he decided to raise on the military and change things?? [/spoiler]

--EDIT-----

So ok, I think I found another contradiction after this XD. I've checked for episode 51 right now, and Riza calls him "Taisa"-->"Colonel" when in previous episodes the Fuhrer called him "Junshou"-->"Brigadier General". Not only that, but minutes later, when Shcieszka starts wondering about Roy, she says "Mustang Junshou" ---> "Brigadier General Mustang". So what is he at the end of the series? Brigadier General or Colonel???
[snapback]254087[/snapback]

Actually...

The Fuhrer promoted
- Col Mustang to Brigadier General
- Major Armstrong to Lt. Col
- Lt. Col Archer to Brigadier General(?)
This is for the suppression of the North (ep 46) while Archer takes command of Central Defense.

There is a rank in between 1st Lt & Major. It is Captain. However it is not likely for an adjutant to be promoted when his/her superior gets promoted.

Riza calling Mustang Colonel in that scene in ep 51 is just the anime trying a last ditch pandering to Royai fanboy/girls, since they are used to idea of the lover pair calling each other "1st Lt/Colonel". Just a case of bad scripting.
seventh_sky
Hmm...in regards to all that....you guys lost me O.o I never really thought about all that XD
Keos
QUOTE("guest")
Actually...

Riza calling Mustang Colonel in that scene in ep 51 is just the anime trying a last ditch pandering to Royai fanboy/girls, since they are used to idea of the lover pair calling each other "1st Lt/Colonel". Just a case of bad scripting.

Ahh... informative. Thankyou for that..... albeit this does make it confusing for people. Bad scripting indeed....
I agree with the guest's thinking - having the commanding officer promoted will not necessitate the adjutant getting promoted, so if Roy did get promoted to Brigadier General, it should nothing to do with Hawkeye getting promoted (or not getting promoted). Roy can promote Riza if he decides to though, I think.

QUOTE("Reika")
[spoiler]And that makes them make roy, not get demoted, but make him drop his title by own will because it reminds him of the crimes he did in the past. That are precisely the same he does when he drops his title and becames a private that makes him go to the frontlines to kill people (you know, the traumas he has is because of following orders that made him kill poeple.)
[/spoiler]

Ok, I partially agree here. Though it's not completely unforeseeable that Roy would do something like this, the choices he made weren't really of the most "Roy-ish" kind. However it was a 50% chance he would act like this anyway, so BONES, being the makers of the anime/movie had the right to make the story like this as long as it had been reasonably in keeping with Roy's personality. Roy picked himself up at the end though (I think), so really I have little to complain about with this department (except that I think everyone seems too depressed). I'm going to wait until I see the movie to find out just how depressed everyone is. BONES like their characters on drugs it seems, all depressed and emo >.>
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 18 2005, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE("guest")
Actually...

Ahh... informative. Thankyou for that..... albeit this does make it confusing for people. Bad scripting indeed....
I agree with the guest's thinking - having the commanding officer promoted will not necessitate the adjutant getting promoted, so if Roy did get promoted to Brigadier General, it should nothing to do with Hawkeye getting promoted (or not getting promoted). Roy can promote Riza if he decides to though, I think.

Then why in episode 26, when Roy is promoted to Colonel Hakuro himself says "You are getting promoted to Colonel. As well as Lieutenant Hawkeye to 1st Lieutenant" -->It doesn't seem to me as something they can control.

QUOTE("Reika")
[spoiler]And that makes them make roy, not get demoted, but make him drop his title by own will because it reminds him of the crimes he did in the past. That are precisely the same he does when he drops his title and becames a private that makes him go to the frontlines to kill people (you know, the traumas he has is because of following orders that made him kill poeple.)
[/spoiler]

Ok, I partially agree here.  Though it's not completely unforeseeable that Roy would do something like this, the choices he made weren't really of the most "Roy-ish" kind.  However it was a 50% chance he would act like this anyway, so BONES, being the makers of the anime/movie had the right to make the story like this as long as it had been reasonably in keeping with Roy's personality.  Roy picked himself up at the end though (I think), so really I have little to complain about with this department (except that I think everyone seems too depressed).  I'm going to wait until I see the movie to find out just how depressed everyone is.  BONES like their characters on drugs it seems, all depressed and emo >.>
[snapback]254944[/snapback]

That's why I didn't want to say anything much, I haven't seen the movie and I may have said things that don't happen or that have another reason behind for them to happen (whether I think there is or not XD).
Keos
QUOTE("Reika")
Then why in episode 26, when Roy is promoted to Colonel Hakuro himself says "You are getting promoted to Colonel. As well as Lieutenant Hawkeye to 1st Lieutenant" -->It doesn't seem to me as something they can control.

That might just be the translation tongue.gif, if not then it's a scripting problem.

Well, Reika, if that Korean DVD thing is true then we might be able to see the movie sooner than expected and then we can make up our minds better tongue.gif
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 18 2005, 09:51 AM)
That might just be the translation tongue.gif, if not then it's a scripting problem.

I told you it's not a translation problem, Junshou=Brigadier General
Taisa=Colonel. That's for sure. In my subs everybody translated Junshou as Colonel, and I was like "??? I hear Junshou, why they hell do they translate it as Colonel?", to make it sure I even look for it in a dictionary. So I can assure you they say Brigadier general and then Colonel and back to brigadier general.

Well, Reika, if that Korean DVD thing is true then we might be able to see the movie sooner than expected and then we can make up our minds better tongue.gif
[snapback]255005[/snapback]

Yeah.. I hope it's true... This waiting is killing me >.< XD
Keos
Oh, I have another mistake that you can add to your list Reika smile.gif Well, I think it's a mistake anyway.

Episode 23: The one where Ed was resting in the hospital and both him and Elcia had their birthdays. Sometime when Ed was being fixed by Winry, before that happened, Al was put outside by some random guy when he was obviously in pieces and had no legs etc. Wasn't the fact that he was just a suit of armour supposed to be a secret in general? huh.gif It can't be a secret anymore if the hospital people talk to him and know that he talks/moves etc. This bit puzzles me really and I forgot whether the manga had something like that as well.
Dai
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 18 2005, 11:44 AM)
Episode 23: The one where Ed was resting in the hospital and both him and Elcia had their birthdays.  Sometime when Ed was being fixed by Winry, before that happened, Al was put outside by some random guy when he was obviously in pieces and had no legs etc.  Wasn't the fact that he was just a suit of armour supposed to be a secret in general? huh.gif  It can't be a secret anymore if the hospital people talk to him and know that he talks/moves etc.  This bit puzzles me really and I forgot whether the manga had something like that as well.
[snapback]255021[/snapback]

You're right. In the manga Al didn't move from the room, but the anime... lalala (8)

(( (8) <- musical note at msn messenger XD))
Keos
I checked it in the manga: Al was a whole suit of armour at that time and therefore him walking around would not made people think that he was just a suit of armour. In the anime, episode 23, he was not a whole suit of armour (he was broken, had no legs and could talk) and when he asked to be moved from Ed's room, he was carried by a hospital staff who could not have not noticed that he was only a suit of armour without anyone in it. I thought the fact that Al's a suit of armour was supposed to be a secret?
Reika
thanks for double-checking! And Sorry XD I said I would but I didn't... *too lazy after 30 pages...*

They needed the drama scene on the roof that comes later on, I suppose that's why they didn't pay attention to that. That's the kind of... thing... that someone who doesn't own nor care too much about the manga/anime would do. You know, when you want to do something and you like telling the story.. you pay attention to every detail... specially if you are going to make it "official" and sell it.
Keos
Yeah, I know it's there for dramatic effect... for isn't that the reason for many other mistakes? There are the non-conscious inconsistencies and mistakes that they make for dramatic effect. Since of course, not many people would pay attention to them the first time through (since it's only supposed to be aired to the mass audience once). I just thought it's another addition to your very long list smile.gif

By the way, I found that when I happened to be randomly watching this particular episode just to see Winry talk to Ed about drinking milk XD So, yeah this inconsistency sort of hit me when I wasn't looking for it. It was just something to notice after all that I've learnt about Al from the anime and manga.
Reika
Unfortunately yes. They focused too much on the drama, and FMA is not only drama... And yup! ^^ I'll add it as soon as I recover XDDDDDDDDD
Keos
Are you sick? Or just sick of documenting? tongue.gif
Reika
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD I got sick because of all the documenting... I'm still tired XDDDD
Woah... The off topic-ness. O_o

Well if you're still tired, feel better!) ^^;
Reika
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 22 2005, 09:19 PM)
Woah... The off topic-ness. O_o

Well if you're still tired, feel better!) ^^;
[snapback]258118[/snapback]

Thanks! ^^
seventh_sky
You always work too hard lol

Take it easy, if you keep finding more errors, you'll probably just konk out O.o
Reika
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Aug 22 2005, 11:34 PM)
You always work too hard lol

Take it easy, if you keep finding more errors, you'll probably just konk out O.o
[snapback]258309[/snapback]

I'm not trying to find anything more XDD If there's another thingy I'll just jump out of the window! (and stand up as if nothing because I live in the basement XDDDD)
TheVileOne
Sorry.

I spend too much time trying to enjoy something rather than combing them for insignificant continuity errors.
Reika
Well... I don't find 30 pages (by comp) of unanswered questions, that actually after 2 weeks haven't been answered, insignificant. As well as the 7 year gap, nor their contradictions while saying something that after 30 seconds is another thing totally different, nor the nonsense that's never explaint, because in my opinion, that affects directly into the story and storyline.

But that's my opinion.

I don't find amusing while watching an anime they say "You are weak because you are in front of your bones" and 30 seconds later ·"Edward, let me tell you something, the homunculus are weak because they are in front of the bones of their creator". Nor "Hey brother, I can't feel" and suddenly "brother! My armor feels LIGHTER NOW!"

Well, actually, I could live with that... but I can't shut my eyes and do as if nothing when there things like that and worse every 30 seconds. It went from "wo! curious, they said this and then that, well! let's keep watching" to "for pete's sake, please, make some sense, PLEASE!"
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 25 2005, 09:10 AM)
Well... I don't find 30 pages (by comp) of unanswered questions, that actually after 2 weeks haven't been answered, insignificant. As well as the 7 year gap, nor their contradictions while saying something that after 30 seconds is another thing totally different, nor the nonsense that's never explaint, because in my opinion, that affects directly into the story and storyline.

But that's my opinion.

For your mind they are unanswered question.

This is the only place where I see complaining about it.

I don't find amusing while watching an anime they say "You are weak because you are in front of your bones" and 30 seconds later ·"Edward, let me tell you  something, the homunculus are weak because they are in front of the bones of their creator". Nor "Hey brother, I can't feel" and suddenly "brother! My armor feels LIGHTER NOW!"

rolleyes.gif

Well, actually, I could live with that... but I can't shut my eyes and do as if nothing when there things like that and worse every 30 seconds. It went from "wo! curious, they said this and then that, well! let's keep watching" to "for pete's sake, please, make some sense, PLEASE!"
[snapback]261344[/snapback]

This is not an issue for me. Just because it is for you doesn't mean it is for everyone else.
Reika
I never said otherwise ^^

Anyways, where did you spect to find people complaining about what BONES did to FMA or the ending or whatever? After all, this is one of the most (if not the most) important forums of FMA. Maybe you preffered if I published it in a official anime magazine, so I could spoil lots of people and maybe break their illussions towards FMA (MAYBE). Whoever wants to know why I (well, we) hate what BONES did to FMA can come into this topic and read the document, whoever that doesn't want to, he can ignore it, and noone will feel disappointed.

However, don't think this is a document that is going to be only here. After the movie is released in DVD and we see it, it's a document that is going to be sent directly to BONES itself, since it's concerned to them rather than any other thing, topic, forum or whatever. We'll add some things and we'll delete some other insignificant things.

Probably it will be ignored, and probably we'll be able to move some strings and talk with them. We'll see what happens.
seventh_sky
Send it to them, please. Maybe they'll finally decide that some people aren't satisfied with the rather shoddy job they did sleep.gif
Summerlover01
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Aug 26 2005, 05:14 PM)
Send it to them, please.  Maybe they'll finally decide that some people aren't satisfied with the rather shoddy job they did sleep.gif
[snapback]262882[/snapback]

Amen to that.
Reika
Yeah, we are going to do it ^^
Mizumi
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 28 2005, 07:48 AM)
And yes, I felt the movie ending was rather unfinished as well.  It's great that Al and Ed got together.  It was definitely not great they ended up in a different world with where terror and destruction was nigh.  I don't think people would feel great about seeing their favourite characters escaping from the holocaust.  Or worse, get captured and sent to concentration camps with no prospect of escape like some of those good Germans in the past.
[snapback]230056[/snapback]

Could you mark that stuff with spoilers next time, please (or better, Movie Spoilers)? I started reading and I haven't finished the movie and it almost ruined it for me sad.gif Thanks.

(and whoops, sorry if this was a way too late post, just realized that the thread is 13 pages long ^^;;)
Evan_Unisil
You know it's funny, I agree with TheVileOne on everything he has stated. Plot holes are not what you guys are talking about. If they would've made a big thing about Al falling in water at the beginning of the show and then have him fall into water without caring there would be a problem. Otherwise you have no basis for your allegations.

Also TheVileOne, I'd like to congratulate you on sticking to your guns throughout this entire discussion.

I don't think you guys understand what a plot hole is, no matter how much you claim to have all these 'careers'. I'm a movie director, I directed a movie that I made on my PC with family videos. That makes me more knowledgeable than anyone else here when it comes to movies. I also own twelve cars and a mansion.

And for the record, I enjoyed the second season much more than the first.
Reika
QUOTE(Evan_Unisil @ Aug 29 2005, 02:40 PM)
If they would've made a big thing about Al falling in water at the beginning of the show and then have him fall into water without caring there would be a problem. Otherwise you have no basis for your allegations.

It is exactly the same, but otherwise. First he falls TWICE in the water (and note that he is poored with water in one and in the other has his insides filled COMPLETELY with water), and the big deal goes after that, when he falls into a river. It doesn't make sense you saying that only that would be a problem if it was the way around, because the contradiction is still there, one way or another.

I don't think you guys understand what a plot hole is, no matter how much you claim to have all these 'careers'. I'm a movie director, I directed a movie that I made on my PC with family videos. That makes me more knowledgeable than anyone else here when it comes to movies. I also own twelve cars and a mansion.
[snapback]266984[/snapback]

You know? I'm a proffesional cinema critique (which means I earn money with this), I directed a movie too, we created an animated production which we dubbed it too, and I have 4 proffesional cinema critique, realizers and producers friends. Also, some friends in the minami and anitype. Currently, we are in the middle of another production.

So don't come here as if you knew better than us. At least, we give our opinion leaving space to other poeple to give theirs, without having our careers being barked out, trying to sound more important because we have another opinion. And what's more important, we don't go insulting people.

Oh! and before you start coming here questioning our points of view, and what do we call plotholes, how about you actually read this document? No wait, so you won't have to read all the document, which are 30 pages, how about you just answer me to 20 of the 25 "unanswered questions" of the episode 51? Just that. And before answering, I beg you to at least check for what you are going to answer. Otherwise, we'll be able to give you an answer, that will still lead to that unanswered question, easily.

http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf

Do you really think we were going to send a simple "oh, Al falls into the water and nothing happens,twice, but in episode "I don't know what" he falls and there's such a bid deal?" Come on. Read the real "Unanswered questions" stated in the document.

I also own twelve cars and a mansion

Did you also arrive to this forum by limusine? <-- Sarcasm. Don't think that saying that will make us think you are better than anyone else.
Dai
Oh my god, so rare coocked

QUOTE(Evan_Unisil @ Aug 29 2005, 02:40 PM)
Plot holes are not what you guys are talking about. If they would've made a big thing about Al falling in water at the beginning of the show and then have him fall into water without caring there would be a problem. Otherwise you have no basis for your allegations.

About this, I am not going to add anything because I think Reika's answer was 100% correct and I agree with her.

Also TheVileOne, I'd like to congratulate you on sticking to your guns throughout this entire discussion.

cool, so you encourage people to discuss opinions with that kind of actitude? oh my, I think you are not the kind of people welcome in a forum ^^ sorry man, wrong place, but it's ok, you can stay if you want, sociable people here won't kick you out ^^ cool place, uh?

I don't think you guys understand what a plot hole is, no matter how much you claim to have all these 'careers'. I'm a movie director, I directed a movie that I made on my PC with family videos.

WE are movie directors too, as Reika said we made an animation, the script, the BSO and we even dubbed it (with more voice actors, of course).

Besides the friends Reika talked about, we have relations and friends in Dub studios, tv studios, actors, directos (dub and movie ones)... Maybe we are not the BEST people in the WORLD to talk about it... but you have NOTHING to say you are the more knowledgeable... besides, if you make plot holes in a family video... you'd be the worst director ever XD so don't presume about it, we try to give our opinion, not saying that we are professionals and we are right just for that... oh my, some people think a title make your opinions right EVER... sigh

I also own twelve cars and a mansion.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HAHAHAHAH! cof cof... sorry XD I couldn't help it... so you are right because you have money? ... how old are you? 10? (I mean about your mind, of course rolleyes.gif ) can you really think that it's something in favor of your statement? oh, please laugh.gif Did you obtain all this money because the family video? maybe you are a "daddy's boy" and you didn't earned it... I don't know and I don't really care, but I trying to explain why your money has not weight in this discussion ^^.

Now let's see if someone with real opinion and statement came to discuss this, please, we don't put this fails here to say "hey, we are great and bones isn't", we put it here because we'd like to discuss over it.

oh, I see you're new, wellcome ^^
seventh_sky
Wow, we sure get some...interesting people here. *coughs* What does owning 12 cars and a mansion have to do with anything, even if you're not lying and you actually do own it?

If you have a different opinion, that's okay, as long as you are RESPECTFUL of other people's opinions and you keep an open mind. I don't think that what TheVileOne was doing was anything like being open minded.

I don't know Dai, unfortunately, but I do know Reika, and I know her well enough to know that she's generally a nice person, and that SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE'S TALKING ABOUT.

And I've made movies too. I wrote the script for an entire movie for school. =P I know what plot holes are, and there are definetely a lot of them in FMA. I like FMA, but I really think they could have done a better job on the anime.
Reika
*sigh* really.. I don't understand. I think the title is really clear "Do you hate what bones did to fma?" the answer is simple: Yes or No. Or whatever. And your reasons if you want.

Is it that of a big deal to state why do you hate it or don't without having to insult people and start saying you are superior than others??

*scratches head* Really, (and this is directed to all) there are people that have stated they did like it and thought it was great in here without starting any kind of fight... and everyone respected them. So why such a big deal with this? Why when someone says "I think it was awfull" appears always TheVileOne or his friend, saying they know what they say and the others don't, so everybody should shut up. You know "Awfull" is the exact opposite meaning of "Great", so if someone here can say this anime is "great", other people have the exact right to say it is "awfull". Whether they are right or not, can be discussed PROPPERLY. And even if someone is not right, it's their opinion and everyone should respect that.

I stated my reasons of why I hate what bones did to fma, which will be more when the movie is released online. If you don't like it, it's your problem. Noone of this forum must stand the rudeness, superiority thoughts, and insults of people that don't know how to respect what others say.

If you have a problem with the term being discussed in this forum, and can't stand what it's being said about your so loved anime or production, JUST DON'T VISIT IT. Or at least write down what you think propperly.

You think you are right? Ok, post why. Does that mean you have to insult and be disrespectfull to others? I don't think so.

You know, instead of being a topic where we can discuss something, it seems a topic where we all are expecting when will come another one, insulting and saying he is superior, in order to keep this topic alive.

So please, lets make some sense, and talk and discuss things with common sense.
seventh_sky
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 29 2005, 07:22 PM)
Is it that of a big deal to state why do you hate it or don't without having to insult people and start saying you are superior than others??
[snapback]267620[/snapback]

You know, that is probably one of the most sensible things I've read on this thread. I thought the point of forums was for people to share their ideas peacefully and discuss different opinions. When it turns into a shouting match, basically, where you're trying to force your opinions on others, it becomes a lot less fun to post on forums.
TheVileOne
Its a big deal to me when the complaints are among the most superficial, nitpicking, and ridiculous I have ever seen.
I can guess this is what Einstein faced when he presented his relativity findings to the university deans...

Einstein: <two hour dissertation on relativity>... and so you can see how the potential energy of anything correlates to its mass and the speed of light which has to be a constant...

Deans: YOU SUCK!!! We don't like your theories. They must be untrue!

I guess its the same with what Galileo and Coppernicus had to face then as well. Amazing how the ignorant can surmise their objection so succintly.
ChibiOtakuElric
bones did a good job with the anime but changed around a few aspects that would have made the outcome better (and ed was 2 emotional which was ok but sortof got annoying in a way *PHSYCO PATHIC SHRIMPS UNITE XD*)
TheVileOne
They had to change things seeing as to how the manga is still on-going and the anime they had to make a limited 51 episode story.

Trigun had to make changes as well, but the Trigun anime is still fantastic, and IMHO SUPERIOR to Yasuhiro Nightow's manga.
Reika
I really don't mind the changes O.o it's not a big deal with me. What I don't like is when they state things that in later episodes they aren't that way or they himselfs say that it is the other way. And there are 30 pages I wrote about that. One of my favourites (let's animate this a bit):

Episode 51:

14) Ed’s the one that makes the transmutation in order to make Al come back, giving himself as sacrifice (since there’s no equivalent exchange). Then why is Al the one that has to give his memories as equivalent exchange? Hohenheim says “You two travelled . You met many poeple. You saw many things. You suffered, you worked hard. All what you experienced... was your equivalent exchange”  Isn’t Al the only one that loses his memories? Since when does need the transmutated thing/human have to give anything in exchange for being transmutated? It’s understandable that Al had the appearance of the child he was when they transmutated their mother since it was kept inside of the door, where the body it’s not supposed to age, but what about that sacrifice he had to give?

For example:
I transmutate a... clock, and since I made a transmutation, besides the ingredients I used, the clock itself needs to give something in change (because Al had to give his memories), SO, I have to give the... thingies I don't know how they are called that tell you the hour XDDDDDD <-- that's not alchemy ^^U No good transmutation would be able to do, if we follow they rule they followed with Ed and Al.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 30 2005, 08:48 AM)
I really don't mind the changes O.o it's not a big deal with me. What I don't like is when they state things that in later episodes they aren't that way or they himselfs say that it is the other way. And there are 30 pages I wrote about that. One of my favourites (let's animate this a bit):

Episode 51:

14) Ed’s the one that makes the transmutation in order to make Al come back, giving himself as sacrifice (since there’s no equivalent exchange). Then why is Al the one that has to give his memories as equivalent exchange? Hohenheim says “You two travelled . You met many poeple. You saw many things. You suffered, you worked hard. All what you experienced... was your equivalent exchange”  Isn’t Al the only one that loses his memories? Since when does need the transmutated thing/human have to give anything in exchange for being transmutated? It’s understandable that Al had the appearance of the child he was when they transmutated their mother since it was kept inside of the door, where the body it’s not supposed to age, but what about that sacrifice he had to give?

This is not a big deal. Ed performed his final act of alchemy thinking it would kill him, instead it dropped him into our world and took back his restored limbs. And maybe Ed did something so Al wouldn't remember all the terrible things that they went through, so he could be young and innocent again. Sometimes creators leave things like this up to the audience. We really didn't see much of what happened or what Ed did at the end after all the destruction, so sometimes we have to draw our own conclusions.

Also, in a way, Al gave back all he had gained over the past few years. His armor body along with all their memories of their journey.

For example:
I transmutate a... clock, and since I made a transmutation, besides the ingredients I used, the clock itself needs to give something in change (because Al had to give his memories), SO, I have to give the... thingies I don't know how they are called that tell you the hour XDDDDDD <-- that's not alchemy ^^U No good transmutation would be able to do, if we follow they rule they followed with Ed and Al.
[snapback]267992[/snapback]

You can't transmute a clock though nor can anyone else, so your points and discussion are rather pointless tongue.gif .
Reika
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 30 2005, 09:57 AM)
This is not a big deal.  Ed performed his final act of alchemy thinking it would kill him, instead it dropped him into our world and took back his restored limbs.  And maybe Ed did something so Al wouldn't remember all the terrible things that they went through, so he could be young and innocent again.  Sometimes creators leave things like this up to the audience.  We really didn't see much of what happened or what Ed did at the end after all the destruction, so sometimes we have to draw our own conclusions.
[snapback]267995[/snapback]
Sorry, but Ed said he wasn't sure if he failed in the transmutation, and had to have hohenheim tell him what did he give in equivalent exchange (even if he says it doesn's exist, but well, that's another thing): their memories.

EDIT-------
He didn't even attach Al's mind to his body, quote from Ed: “I supposedly linked his soul to his body"

Exact words.
Also, in a way, Al gave back all he had gained over the past few years.  His armor body along with all their memories of their journey. 

[spoiler]That's in the movie. Please, use the spoiler tags. And it happens by practically "Oh Al! You recovered your memories?" "oh, yeah!" <--the end.[/spoiler]

You can't transmute a clock though nor can anyone else, so your points and discussion are rather pointless tongue.gif .
And Alchemy doesn't exist as we know, so let's leave this forum XD <-- sarcasm.

If you have a big deal imagining me doing that transmutation, then change "I" by Ed and "me" by "he". Ok? The point is the same: The transmutated "thing" doesn't have to give anything in exchange.
TheVileOne
Uh no its not in the movie.

At the end of the series Al did give back his armor body and all the memories he had gained over the last few years.
Reika
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 30 2005, 10:23 AM)
Uh no its not in the movie.

At the end of the series Al did give back his armor body and all the memories he had gained over the last few years.
[snapback]268006[/snapback]

Give back means recover? XD (Sorry, I can't understand it)

Ok, my dictionary was faster than you answering XDDD yes, he did, and? He gave himself as exchange of Ed, and?
Evan_Unisil
laugh.gif I rest my case. If you people did not understand the meaning behind my "twelve cars and a mansion" statement then truly you cannot understand an anime.

And as I said before, if they would've mentioned earlier in the series that Al falling into water is a bad thing and then ignoring it it would be a plot hole. So we can say that when he becamse the Stone they were under a lot of stress, they were being chased by the army (and about to get caught at that)... they panicked about anything, including Al falling into water. You have absolutely no proof to show me otherwise. Not a plot hole.

And I've produced such famous movies as Pearl Harbour, The Island and Pirates of the Caribbean. I know much more about movies than you do.
Reika
QUOTE(Evan_Unisil @ Aug 30 2005, 11:52 AM)
laugh.gif I rest my case. If you people did not understand the meaning behind my "twelve cars and a mansion" statement then truly you cannot understand an anime.

And as I said before, if they would've mentioned earlier in the series that Al falling into water is a bad thing and then ignoring it it would be a plot hole. So we can say that when he becamse the Stone they were under a lot of stress, they were being chased by the army (and about to get caught at that)... they panicked about anything, including Al falling into water. You have absolutely no proof to show me otherwise. Not a plot hole.

And I've produced such famous movies as Pearl Harbour, The Island and Pirates of the Caribbean. I know much more about movies than you do.
[snapback]268032[/snapback]

Even if you are Steven Spieldberg guy (or however that's spelled XD, sorry). I don't give a damn about the productions being made outside FMA. As I told TheVileOne, this is a FMA forum, and what's not well done, it's not well done. And it wasn't because of the stress, minutes before Roy and Armstrong started talking about how Al couldn't get into the water because of the sign and in the next episode happened the "Al!! he can't get into the water!!"

And why not the way around? At first they cared but since they are with such a fuss they even forget such things so they don't say anything. (You know, I usually act that way,so don't come saying that's not possible)

The main story? Yes: The philosopher's Stone is created. (By Scar who doesn't know how to use alchemy, and they even stated and explaint how does he work moments BEFORE creating it, and even he is DEAD when it's created, so NOONE is controlling the transmutation, nor even controlling it to be INSIDE OF AL. But hey, since it's needed to be someone who's not a normal alchemist to create the Philosopher's Stone it doesn't matter, 'cause Scar is really special and is not a normal alchemist <--sarcasm)

Al recovers his body: Yes. But being him the one transmutated he needs to give something in exchange (his memories). Since when?

Ed recovers his body: Yes. But he gives it in exchange and appears in another world, suddenly with his automail restored (as Winry made it), when even he had to transmutate a different hand for him to fight against the homunculus by just clapping with his broken automail. But in that world misteriously it doesn't work, but in the film yes.

The secret of the door is revealed: Yes. Is the gate to another world. And what are the thingies inside of it?

Who does control the homunculus: Yes. Dante, someone with a rotten body who doesn't have circulatory system but still can move and live and needs the philosopher's stone to keep her eternal life. And we still don't know which is the secret of her eternal youth that implies thousands of husbands. But hey, BONES itself said "We made this anime realistic, as well as the movie" (*cough* a living *cough* huge *cough* green dragon *cough* in London + Archer alive *cough* after his lungs, yugular, cava vein etc where ripped apart *cough* etc)

Ed's father's mistery: Yes. He didn't want to show his rotten body to them and he didn't want Dante to find him to create the philosopher's stone. How much does he appear? 4 episodes? *cough* and when he travels to London for 2 days (3 at the most), he says he's been there for I don't know how much time since Dante sent him (he knows that Ed qutie well and even has friends on the military), when the timeline is the same more or less (see when Ed travels there and comes back) and he even spent some time collecting his body + mind + soul inside the door.

And there's a seven year gap in the timeline, all the human transmutations are made in Amestris, they are just 7, etc.

But hey, the main story is explaint and shown.
Dai
QUOTE(Evan_Unisil @ Aug 30 2005, 11:52 AM)

... if you can't understand the irony behind our words, maybe it's you who can't understand an anime ^^

[snapback]268032[/snapback]

oh my god! pearl harbour?!?!?! so we-are-super-american-so-whe-are-so-cool movie!!! *sigh* do you know that they are the kind of movies that only americans really like? XD and I'm not talking only about the money they granted, you should know it if you know so much of this world ^^

Pirates of the caribean... cool, disney's idea going in a stupid movie wich try to mix humour and terror with bad results...

you know? there are professional people obtaning lots of movies even if they are not good in their job. I'm not saying you are bad, I really don't mind XD I'm only saying that it doesn't make your opinion the most right here, you can't came here and say "I'm professional, just shut up because I am right"

I wonder again about the mental age ph34r.gif
Reika
So ok, I made some investigation, and talked with my contacts.

Evan Unisil: You are supposed to be Jerry Bruckheimer... huh? When did you produce The Island?

--------EDIT:----------

Heh, you know, do you want to know what do I find quite unbelievable?

That some 60 year old man is in a FMA forum, with only 3 posts, 2 of which made in this topic and the other one requesting the FMA movie but NOT giving his address, agreeing with TheVileOne in everything, encouraging this kind of people to discuss things by insulting, saying he is superior to everyone else, saying that this anime is great because he knows more than anyone else, stating that he is the producer of Pirates of Caribean, Pearl Harbor and The Island (which is false) (when he could have said CSI NY, which is a real good production, not like the ones stated above), when he is in the middle of about 5 productions (including the second and thirth part of Pirates of Caribean) and preparing more that are coming for 2006 and 2007.

heh, yup, I find that quite funny.
TheVileOne
Jerry Bruckheimer had nothing to do with The Island.
Dai
well, you know what I think, I really don't believe he is who he is saying he is XDDDDDDDDD but I have no proof against his supposed identity (whatever it is) but I really don't care, if I really care you know I'd phone to you already know who and I'll know even if he has 1 or 2 mansions XDDDDDDDD

but I'm not going to waste time with that.
Reika
you don't need to call him. For first instance he said he produced something he didn't.
Dai
don't worry XDDDD I'm not going to bother him just for this guy.

and congratulations because your promotion XD Lt. Colonel! XD
seventh_sky
The point is that you're being an idiot and you've pissed me off. sleep.gif Run. Now. (to TheVileOne and his friend, whose name I forgot)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.