Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
TheVileOne
Stick with your Inuyasha and DBZ bullshit then.
Zyric
I didn't like it much either but I think it's not a steaming pile of dog poop. Certainly, I've seen much worse animes. Perhaps the first half spoiled you with Arakawa's writing goodness and then the BONES half seemed worse than it really was tongue.gif

From a critical standpoint, I can certainly understand. With the differences the anime made, it was plot hole ridden and the ending felt rushed to me. Whatever you do, stick with the manga, though. It's quite possibly the greatest manga I've read thus far: intellectual without making me stop like Death Note, funny but dramatic, and a storyline & premise as original as what Arakawa chose must come once in a blue moon.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 11 2005, 12:46 AM)

hey now XD the anime didn't create such a story, it was the manga creator, let's not mix things XD, the anime creators just took the idea.

PS: Don't worry ^^ I'll answear your earlier post tomorrow or so.
[snapback]248192[/snapback]

They brilliantly brought the work of Arakawa-san to life. Let's see you do a better job tongue.gif .

QUOTE(Keos)
Are people are judging the movie? Yes. Are you judging the movie? Of course you are. Otherwise you wouldn't have an opinion of the movie (as I think I'm correct to say that you've said before that the movie was great and the ending was great, etc etc). Forums are great places to have discussions and if you become hypocritical, it becomes amusing. Correct me, if you have actually watched the film, and I will apologise for calling you hypocritical.

I'm annoyed with people talking about burning down Bones and how they butchered everything and how bad everything is without having seen it. They are being drama queens because the anime people ended it the way they should have, not the way they wanted it to end.

I just feel lucky that we are getting what appears to be such a high quality movie in the first place for such an excellent series. People just come off as ungrateful now.

I have to agree with the moderator (and probably many people who have answered to this thread) that you were being rude about people's opinions. Actually, a better description is that you seem to be on a crusade to crush all proponents of negative comments towards the series/film like you're the champion of FMA - it's quite amusing actually.  While a forum wouldn't be as interesting if there wasn't a difference of opinions, you don't necessarily have to be rude about people's opinions. But in any case, thanks to you, I think the thread's become even more interesting to read 

Whatever. When I see people nitpicking about trivial matters like the way Spider-freaks still whine about the lack of Gwen Stacy and organic webshooters, I'm going to speak up. When people have the unmitigated gall to call the series shameful, pitiful, and pathetic because of little crap I'm going to speak up. That's just the way I am.

I'm just getting sick of this faction of FMA manga purists and their snobbery. People who accuse that I've NEVER read the FMA manga. When I have spent good money on purchasing it, perused the scanlations, and also discussed them on this forum!
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Zyric @ Aug 12 2005, 07:47 AM)
I didn't like it much either but I think it's not a steaming pile of dog poop. Certainly, I've seen much worse animes. Perhaps the first half spoiled you with Arakawa's writing goodness and then the BONES half seemed worse than it really was tongue.gif

From a critical standpoint, I can certainly understand. With the differences the anime made, it was plot hole ridden and the ending felt rushed to me. Whatever you do, stick with the manga, though. It's quite possibly the greatest manga I've read thus far: intellectual without making me stop like Death Note, funny but dramatic, and a storyline & premise as original as what Arakawa chose must come once in a blue moon.
[snapback]249133[/snapback]

Yeah, screw the anime guys for trying to take some artistic license and storyline differences for the show.

I love that the anime and manga are so different because it just makes the anime that much more exciting to read knowing it won't be the same. Same for the movie. It's like you are getting two different storylines with the same characters. One went one direction, the another went another.

Fanboys do it all the time in fanfic...except it usually sucks with that AU crap.
Zyric
I think they did okay for having had to run with it: the animation was sleek and rarely had quality drops. Besides, it's a hard storyline to carry on. I was quite happy that BONES didn't do another ending where either everyone dies or the world gets its' restart button pushed. The plot holes got to me but I'll wait until I can see the movie to pass judgement.
edochick
oh my god...if you thought it was that terrible, you should have stopped watching it. Simple as that. FMA is no pile of dog poop. As TheVileOne has already said, stick to DragonBallZ then...I'm sure it will make you much happier. Whiners like you do not belong in FMA forums.
NarutoFan101
i dont really like the way it ended
Zyric
I understand the dog poop comment and other parts of his post seemed a little hostile, but let's remain civil, eh?

Love and peace, baby.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(NarutoFan101 @ Aug 12 2005, 07:57 AM)
i dont really like the way it ended
[snapback]249142[/snapback]

If you haven't seen the movie, it hasn't ended yet tongue.gif .
TheVileOne
Hey, if he's going to come and bash the series, he better be ready to take it.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
edochick
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 12 2005, 01:59 AM)
Hey, if he's going to come and bash the series, he better be ready to take it.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
[snapback]249147[/snapback]

Well said. Totally agree laugh.gif
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 12 2005, 12:51 AM)
People who accuse that I've NEVER read the FMA manga.  When I have spent good money on purchasing it, perused the scanlations, and also discussed them on this forum!
[snapback]249135[/snapback]

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...act=Search&f=16
Search Term : TheVileOne
Search Where : Full Metal Alchemist Manga
Search Results : NONE

Conclusion : TheVileOne = LIAR...
Reika
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 12 2005, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 12 2005, 12:51 AM)
People who accuse that I've NEVER read the FMA manga.  When I have spent good money on purchasing it, perused the scanlations, and also discussed them on this forum!
[snapback]249135[/snapback]

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...act=Search&f=16
Search Term : TheVileOne
Search Where : Full Metal Alchemist Manga
Search Results : NONE

Conclusion : TheVileOne = LIAR...
[snapback]249170[/snapback]

XDDDDDD you hit him hard there XDDDD He could have searched for it on another web, though. Although... that would be like... "I want bread, but instead of going to the shop I have in front of my house I go to the one that is in another city"

They brilliantly brought the work of Arakawa-san to life. Let's see you do a better job  .

XDDDDDDDDD I think that's really funny, specially if what the guest from above said is true.

I'm annoyed with people talking about burning down Bones and how they butchered everything and how bad everything is without having seen it. They are being drama queens because the anime people ended it the way they should have, not the way they wanted it to end.

Chi! Chotto matte ne! When did I complain about how they ended it???? Please, don't lie. First of all, as you said, since we haven't seen the movie we can't know how it ended, and secondly, what I wanted at the end is Royai, which I had on ep 51 so I'm happy with that ending. [spoiler](although the rumors say that they would show us what happened with them in those two years in the movie and they don't)[/spoiler], Even so, if you are refering to the door and London and everything, I never mentioned it. And the question is, did I ever discuss that with you?: NO.

You should take advice from Zyric, she/he placed her opinion with an argument without having to insult anyone. And she/he is right, FMA is a hard storyline to carry on.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 12 2005, 08:37 AM)

XDDDDDD you hit him hard there XDDDD He could have searched for it on another web, though. Although... that would be like... "I want bread, but instead of going to the shop I have in front of my house I go to the one that is in another city"

Whatever, I've discussed the manga here, whether it was in the manga section or not.

Chi! Chotto matte ne! When did I complain about how they ended it???? Please, don't lie. First of all, as you said, since we haven't seen the movie we can't know how it ended, and secondly, what I wanted at the end is Royai, which I had on ep 51 so I'm happy with that ending. [spoiler](although the rumors say that they would show us what happened with them in those two years in the movie and they don't)[/spoiler], Even so, if you are refering to the door and London and everything, I never mentioned it. And the question is, did I ever discuss that with you?: NO.

I never specifically accused you of doing so tongue.gif . I was referring to the posts I was seeing around these forums in general.

You should take advice from Zyric, she/he placed her opinion with an argument without having to insult anyone. And she/he is right, FMA is a hard storyline to carry on.

Which only speaks to the tenacity and brilliance of the folks at Bones behind the anime series, who are just as big of fans of the manga as many people here. If they weren't, they wouldn't have made it into a series.
Keos
QUOTE("TheVileOne")

I just feel lucky that we are getting what appears to be such a high quality movie in the first place for such an excellent series. People just come off as ungrateful now.

I have to agree with the moderator (and probably many people who have answered to this thread) that you were being rude about people's opinions. Actually, a better description is that you seem to be on a crusade to crush all proponents of negative comments towards the series/film like you're the champion of FMA - it's quite amusing actually.  While a forum wouldn't be as interesting if there wasn't a difference of opinions, you don't necessarily have to be rude about people's opinions. But in any case, thanks to you, I think the thread's become even more interesting to read 

Whatever. When I see people nitpicking about trivial matters like the way Spider-freaks still whine about the lack of Gwen Stacy and organic webshooters, I'm going to speak up. When people have the unmitigated gall to call the series shameful, pitiful, and pathetic because of little crap I'm going to speak up. That's just the way I am.

I'm just getting sick of this faction of FMA manga purists and their snobbery. People who accuse that I've NEVER read the FMA manga. When I have spent good money on purchasing it, perused the scanlations, and also discussed them on this forum!

You should take things easier. Anytime you hear anyone talking about burning down FMA, have a sense of humour and not bash them for venting their frustration. They want to express their displeasure and there are others would like to agree to with them, no matter how they express it (though, I also don't condone blatant bashing without substantive arguments/reasons).

People exaggerate when they post and I have to admit, it's rather easy to focus on the bad points of a show when you're displeased about some part of it, while you forget what was so great about the work that attracted you to it in the first place. Criticise what they may say, point out the exact good points to them, but have a sense of humour and take it easy. Otherwise, it is befitting to say that you're on a crusade for FMA tongue.gif
Reika
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 12 2005, 09:52 AM)
Which only speaks to the tenacity and brilliance of the folks at Bones behind the anime series, who are just as big of fans of the manga as many people here.  If they weren't, they wouldn't have made it into a series.
[snapback]249190[/snapback]

Huh... Do you know the reason why an anime is created??? MONEY, guy, money. Although someone told me before I saw the second half of the series that a cartel before the openings where they say that a fanclub kidnapped the script writer and they were doing the anime now appeared XDDD (Which would explain some FanService scenes) <--- A new discussion with more insults comes from here, you'll see XD

-----EDIT-----

Ohps, and sorry for not answearing you to the other post yet. Hopefully I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 12 2005, 08:56 AM)

Huh... Do you know the reason why an anime is created??? MONEY, guy, money. Although someone told me before I saw the second half of the series that a cartel before the openings where they say that a fanclub kidnapped the script writer and they were doing the anime now appeared XDDD (Which would explain some FanService scenes) <--- A new discussion with more insults comes from here, you'll see XD

Yeah well, good to know that the Japanese love money and are just as capitalist pigs as us gaijin Americans smile.gif .
Reika
I think this is already being discussed on the "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?"

Of course FMA is more than the war thingy (God thanks!!!), but I have to agree that the film (although I can't confirm it 'cause I haven't seen it) seems to have centered more in that topyc and the brother's relationship than anything else. But I'll probably be wrong since I haven't seen it so... I'm not in any position to actually say anything but the fact that I didn't like how in the anime they tried to connect (I don't know if that's the right word, I'm at work and my dictionary is at home xDD) their ideas with what they started with, which is connected to the manga.

I think the anime is "good" 'cause the story itself is good (the one Arakawa created and from which comes from), no matter how much they change things (for the better or the worse). That's my personal opinion trying to make it short XD

Also, the OST and the animation are simply GREAT (I've seen better animations though, for first instance, the ones from "Hayao Miyazaki", but... you can understand why I don't say anything about it, right? Miyazaki is Miyazaki xDDD). For example, one part I really liked was when that masked guy tried to hit alphonse when they were on that island. The perspective is really hard to animate and the phisics applied there were perfect.

I agree with Zyric.
Keos
While I agree that the anime has its bad points and didn't really use the concepts of the homunculi to drive the story with dangers on a global/vastly epic scale (like what the manga seems to be doing), to call the anime a "steaming pile of dog poop" is the worst exaggeration I've heard on this forum. Sure, there have been some useless semi-wise preaching, inconsistencies, some non-sensical actions by certain characters, all that is tolerable enough given how well done, other aspects of the anime are (animation, sound, plot is good).
Dai
as I said earlier, you have no manners ^^U

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 11 2005, 12:44 AM)
And if you are smarter then them, let's see you create an anime series that's just as epic, brutal, emotional, bitter-sweet, and poignant. 

And about we being smarter than FMA anime script writers, I said we were smarter, but I didn't say we have the same or more talent. I know we have, but I can't prove it (for now). You have only my word, but I know you won't take it... since what I say don't come from the FMA anime script... tongue.gif

And... Reika's right, What is attractive from FMA anime is the original story, the passion, the drama, the strong characters... and that came from manga. You can see as many of the anime-only characters are weaks (in personality), and raw, without a really difined personality ph34r.gif
Reika
QUOTE(Dai @ Aug 12 2005, 01:59 PM)
And... Reika's right, What is attractive from FMA anime is the original story, the passion, the drama, the strong characters... and that came from manga. You can see as many of the anime-only characters are weaks (in personality), and raw, without a really difined personality  ph34r.gif
[snapback]249238[/snapback]

In fact, they are secondary character to which they had to resort to in order to give them a story and some deepness, saving effort and time on finding, explaining and making a new deep character, rushing the ending to make the show fit in 51 episodes.
Keos
Yep, damn waste of time making up secondary characters who do nothing for the main story (Russel & brother, etc) while they could have improved old characters or made up better secondary characters who actually had a role in the story.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 13 2005, 03:44 AM)
Yep, damn waste of time making up secondary characters who do nothing for the main story (Russel & brother, etc) while they could have improved old characters or made up better secondary characters who actually had a role in the story.
[snapback]249985[/snapback]

dry.gif

Please. Russell and Fletcher were not a waste and served a clear purpose. The two episodes they were in were great. And then they were the ones that end up leading Ed to the homunculus lair. They had a role.

What old character were they supposed to improve? And what better secondary characters were they supposed to make up? Characters like the ones from Xing?
Reika
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 13 2005, 11:36 AM)
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 13 2005, 03:44 AM)
[snapback]249985[/snapback]

dry.gif

Please. Russell and Fletcher were not a waste and served a clear purpose. The two episodes they were in were great. And then they were the ones that end up leading Ed to the homunculus lair. They had a role.

What old character were they supposed to improve? And what better secondary characters were they supposed to make up? Characters like the ones from Xing?
[snapback]250315[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, of course Keos, how could you have forgotten! They were the excuse to lead Ed to the homunculus lair saving a really GREAT time and episodes, plot, storyline, animation etc so Ed could find it and finish the anime in 51 episodes. How could you dare to call them a waste! (XDDDDD Irony is flying in the air).

And PLEASE! How could you not see they are the same as Ling and Lan Fang that obviously have a bigger story on their backs that will be shown later on that obviously is deeper than following their own parents investigation since it's connected with inmortality, and Ling is the emperors son who has made an alliance with Roy, who is part of the military, and that will bring new plot deepners in the future?????
Ohj! you disappointed me, Keos... tsk,tsk,tsk... XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

------EDIT-----
I'm being sarcastic, by the way.
Keos
Tell me you're being sarcastic. huh.gif It's hard to tell on the internet.

QUOTE("TheVileOne")

Or alternatively, Ed and Al could've found more on the issue of immortality etc from colleagues, Dr what-is-name without having to waste 2 or more episodes dedicated to wipe out the evil doctor of a random town that has no true role in the story.

Well, I guess I'll take what Reika said about the Xing characters. That is exactly what the anime could've come up with. That is: Ling and Lan Fan are expected to extend the scope of the story and unlike Russel & brother, they have roles (not mere place-holders/distraction like Russel & brother) in the main story. In my opinion, and I'd consider it correct, what Russel did for Ed (lead to Homunculi lair etc) could be done by any random Joe/soldier around. Totally replaceable.
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 13 2005, 12:38 PM)
Tell me you're being sarcastic.  huh.gif  It's hard to tell on the internet.

[snapback]250323[/snapback]

Of course I was being sarcastic XDDD sorry, I thought that with that "Irony is flying in the air" it made it clear ^^U, sorry, my mistake.

I think they are replaceable too, it's too obvious.
Keos
Ahh, I see tongue.gif No worries ^ ^ The "irony flying in the air" hinted at your humour as well as teh "XDDDD". The internet is just like that though, hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not smile.gif

Yeah, Russel and stuff were replaceable. With the statement made by TheVileOne concerning who should have been improved? Well, let's see:

- Colonel Mustang, Hawkeye, Winry, Aunt Pinako, the Lieutenant colonel Hughes before he got done in (though I thought his character development was pretty good already).... and so on.
Dai
Well, I think both of you (Keos and Reika) are right... and Russell and litle-brother-who-transmute-plants (XD) are just stupid characters with no sense, and I almost collapsed when they appeared at the last episodes XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It was the same as I saw Marco at the last episode XDDDDDDDDDDD it was a relief that he was envy XD because I almost died there XD
Keos
Dr. Marco? Why were you about to collapse? Well, unlike the Russell brothers, I thought he had a purpose, though he then got useless again... not to be heartless, but I think he would have had more of an impact if BONES killed him off after he did his bit XD (oh wait.. they did, didn't they? huh.gif)
Chibi Viki
since i'm quite known for my hate for what bones did to FMA, i might as well post something here.

to be honest i first prefered the anime thinking that they made the characters more "human" than the manga... then when episode 33 happened (greed, dante, wrath, et al) i started to hate it.

i've been watching anime for almost 20 years now (yeah, i'm old). when i first saw this series i already thought of how original the concept and the story is compared to the new animes being shown. later on when the anime started to make its own story instead of following the manga, it became cliche'd, repetitive and predictable... then they started to return some old characters and make them as angsty, if not angstier, than the rest of the lot. i mean, really, do we need all that angst?!

for short, the way i see what bones did to fma, is that they molded the cast into something else that it just wasn't as fun watching it anymore and the addition of those new and repeated characters in the end was just plainly annoying.

hey, just my POV...
Keos
Agree with you completely on how there's a noticeable lack of humour in the anime after a certain point. Ed seems more depressed, Winry starts to cry all the time, everyone else becomes dead serious, and really Izumi was very uninteresting (in the manga, she was more interesting). Although I like the fact that Ed becomes more human (he stands out more as the series have been focused mostly on him and Al), him becoming so depressing made the series that much less appealing to me.
Dai
see? Chibi Viki can explain her opinion with reasons, someone could learn from her.

Keos, I almost collapsed because that moment would be a stupid one to show a character who has nothing to do with the end and wich is far dissapeared from the show XD

(i'm talking about chapter 51)
Blitz
The anime wasn't the best thing out there or anything and it didn't follow the manga but it was still good. "Steaming pile of dog poop" is a little harsh. I mean come on! It's not like it's the worst anime out there or something. And if you didn't like the anime, enjoy the manga. At least BONES managed to make it interesting for people. If you think the manga won't be good either than why are you on this forum for Hagaren?
Reika
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 13 2005, 07:20 PM)
The anime wasn't the best thing out there or anything and it didn't follow the manga but it was still good. "Steaming pile of dog poop" is a little harsh. I mean come on! It's not like it's the worst anime out there or something. And if you didn't like the anime, enjoy the manga. At least BONES managed to make it interesting for people. If you think the manga won't be good either than why are you on this forum for Hagaren?
[snapback]250560[/snapback]

I think it was interesting because the story itself is interesting.
Blitz
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 13 2005, 01:22 PM)

[snapback]250561[/snapback]

Yeah, so do I. But you know, the second half.
Reika
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 13 2005, 07:27 PM)

[snapback]250568[/snapback]

The second half is to which I laugh at XD For me is too rushed, too much excuses to end it soon, it's the ending of something that is just the beginning, and too much secondary characters that appeared in the first half that didn't really need to appear in the second half. Among much other things I don't really want to discuss right now. But hey, it's just my opinion.
Blitz
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 13 2005, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 13 2005, 07:27 PM)

[snapback]250568[/snapback]

The second half is to which I laugh at XD For me is too rushed, too much excuses to end it soon, it's the ending of something that is just the beginning, and too much secondary characters that appeared in the first half that didn't really need to appear in the second half. Among much other things I don't really want to discuss right now. But hey, it's just my opinion.
[snapback]250593[/snapback]

When I watched it, Lyra appearing out of nowhere for the first time was kinda weird but then she's at Dante's place all of a sudden. Then, she's Dante herself! Roze didn't really have to be the "Holy Mother" and appear. She was kinda there.
I think it was rushed, too.
Reika
What catched my eye too was when Dante said that both Ed and Al had fallen in love with Roze, I just couldn't believe it XDD
Blitz
That was weird. All the EdXWin fans were probably pissed. The part with Ed dancing with Roze was odd. (would that be considered spoilers?)
Reika
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 13 2005, 10:32 PM)
That was weird. All the EdXWin fans were probably pissed. The part with Ed dancing with Roze was odd. (would that be considered spoilers?)
[snapback]250716[/snapback]

Totally agree.

Spoilerish? ... maybe ^^U ops

Do you know what's the funny thing?

[spoiler] They said that they weren't sure to add winry to the film 'cause she didn't give anything to the anime [/spoiler] XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Keos
Winry provided automail and became the worry-wart of the series, I think. But other than that, she didn't do much I suppose..... and that's one of the reasons I'm peeved at the anime. BONES could have done something, but nope, nothing came out of anything. The manga isn't that much better in that area, but I still have hope that Arakawa-sensei will involve Winry more in the plot.

Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 14 2005, 12:55 AM)
Winry provided automail and became the worry-wart of the series, I think.  But other than that, she didn't do much I suppose..... and that's one of the reasons I'm peeved at the anime.  BONES could have done something, but nope, nothing came out of anything.  The manga isn't that much better in that area, but I still have hope that Arakawa-sensei will involve Winry more in the plot.
[snapback]250857[/snapback]

And that's precisely what I'm talking about. They said Winry didn't afford anything to the show, and instead of adding more winry/ed moments (like in the manga) or making her have a bigger propose in the anime, nooooooooooooo they didn't only give Roze a big role at the end but they added Ed/Roze, and even Al/Roze! So when I read it I my face was like this ----> "???????????????????". When they separated from the manga they could and did whatever they pleased, and that includs being able to change winry's propose for the anime, so how can they say that she didn't give anything? That's because they didn't want to.

I think that was just an excuse for favouritism towards Roze and for getting rid of Winry in the movie.
Satsuka
BONES must die for trying to replace Winry with stupid,annoying Noah/Rose!
Reika
QUOTE(Satsuka @ Aug 14 2005, 08:13 AM)
[snapback]251177[/snapback]

BONES must die for many things but... what's... noah? -->*Slow person XDD*
Blitz
Roze was just a one time character in the manga but BONES made her into like a semi-main character. *curses at BONES*
I think Noah is supposed to be *alter*Roze.
edochick
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 14 2005, 02:42 AM)

[snapback]251221[/snapback]

Noah is the gypse that Edward and Alphonse Heiderich meet in the theatrical film. I can tell most people don't like her ^^; Personally I don't like her either so...I'm cool with flaming!
Blitz
QUOTE(edochick @ Aug 14 2005, 03:55 PM)

Noah is the gypse that Edward and Alphonse Heiderich meet in the theatrical film. I can tell most people don't like her ^^; Personally I don't like her either so...I'm cool with flaming!
[snapback]251454[/snapback]

I don't like her either.
Reika
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 14 2005, 09:56 PM)

I don't like her either.
[snapback]251455[/snapback]

I didn't meet her either, but I'm sure I won't like her XD But you should be carefull with the spoilers...
Blitz
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 14 2005, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 14 2005, 09:56 PM)

I don't like her either.
[snapback]251455[/snapback]

I didn't meet her either, but I'm sure I won't like her XD But you should be carefull with the spoilers...
[snapback]251461[/snapback]

Whoops!
Reika
Hello!!!!! I finally made it!! After 5 days or so I finally finished finding Unanswered Questions on the anime of FMA!! They are posted below in pdf format. If you don't have acrobat reader you can download it from here: http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...70_enu_full.exe

NOTE: Since it's freeware there's no problem posting it, right? If it is, tell me, please ^^.

Since it took me a while, it would be appreciated if you read it all.. but I warn you, take it easy.

BUT FIRST! I need to answer some thingies to TheVileOne:

[quote=TheVileOne,Aug 9 2005, 10:50 PM]Its not because they have different opinions its because they are spreading false BS and crap that isn't true. And I'm debunking it.[/quote]

You are not giving arguments, you are just insulting poeple and saying black if I say white, discussing it with personal opinions instead of real arguments that have a consistence. Even needing to resort to other films adaptations that don't prove anything you say about Full Metal Alchemist.

[quote]Oh I have read it, I just bought volume 2 in stores and finished reading it. I've also read the later scan-lated chapters.[/quote]

Weren't you the one trying to discuss me some manga terms when you didn't had read the manga yet since you said that you where reading it at the moment?

[quote]So? The Spider-man comics are the original, but the movies still rock. They made a lot of changes in the movie they stayed true to the characters and themes of the story. And some of the comic freaks which are the manga freaks like you for FMA STILL bitch, moan, and complain about the differences in the changes.[/quote]

Why do you have to go to other adaptations? Mind explaining me how does it prove you are right about FMA?

And watch it, kiddo. You shouldn't judge people you don't know. You are talking to a proffesional Producer, a proffesional Realizer and a proffesional cinema-critique here (yup, we are three. One that says "<censored for the kiddies> him, don't take him seriously"(^^U), the other one that says "nah, those idiots are everywhere. I don't know english and I don't know about forums, so leave him be" and me, who is the only one that has the decence to answer your insults. NO! And Dai! to whom you make him happy since he simply laughs at you and at whatever you say XD.

The only freak here is you. And the only manga I've ever read completely and more than one time is FMA, I'm more an anime"freak" than manga "freak".

And whether I like the differences between the anime and the manga or not is irrelevant. If you like them good for you, if I like them good for me, and if you or I don't like them, good for us too.
But since I don't like one bit what BONES did to FMA, I'll state my reasons and give my personal opinion about it, whether you like it or not.

After all, this is what this thread is to talk about.

[quote]You are getting into semantics, this is really not a big deal for me. It was a great visual moment, and it was done to show that it was still the homunculus manipulating people and events. Envy made them fly for a second and they blew up. That's all there is to it.[/quote]

Which means: "I don't mind the way but the result. If I just shut my eyes and ignore it, the result is perfect" --> Good for you, but I'm not discussing whether the ignorance is good or not.

[quote]So if in the off-chance that in the manga he does something else...will you throw a hissy-fit? Originally in the comics, Peter Parker doesn't shoot webbing out of his wrists like he does in the movies, does that piss you off as well?
And yet myself and others were able to accurately surmise that the person Envy was talking about was Ed's father, who obviously had some sort of dark past with Envy. Foreshadowing, allusions, whatever.[/quote]

Man, you should go to a cinema-critique convention and ask them to be in the active group, and discuss them your ideas with arguments and examples of other films instead of the film/show in question.

I would admit I was wrong. As I admit I was wrong about Envy not being able to transform himself into something inanimate since [spoiler] in the manga chapter 50 he does it [/spoiler]. Who do you think I am? I'm not like you. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong about something (if they prove it).

[quote]Episode 3 he just falls in a shallow area. Episode 28, he wasn't completely submerged.[/quote]

Could you please at least be sure what you are talking about? Read the link I give bellow this page, see the episode, and then tell me if the transmutation circle doesn't get wet or not, because all the water in episode 3 was splashed over him, and in episode 28 he opens the armor and there's a lot of water coming from inside of it. At least, I check that what I'm going to say it's true.

[quote]Yes I can. Because being the philsopher's stone gives Al power he didn't have before, and that he could finally FEEL Ed when he was powered up was a big revelation, and Al was finally able to feel him again.[/quote]

Read the link below.

[quote]Well that's the kind of things I keep seeing you guys complaining about tongue.gif. [/quote]

Read the link below completely, please.

[quote]See it as whatever you want. You can take it or leave it.[/quote]

So I was right after all... How nice of you.

[quote]Just because they are unanswered questions doesn't make them mistakes. It just means you aren't smart enough to figure it out for yourself tongue.gif [/quote]

You don't have the right to call anyone stupid. And do you mind explaining me how does you calling me stupid prove you are right about what you say about FMA?

[quote]In the Constantine movie, making the character American, totally stiff and not charismatic or surly at all. He hates Heaven and God, but he constantly grovels and tries to buy his way into Heaven, something Constantine would never do. He hates Heaven, but he constantly uses Holy Water, crucifixes, and Bible verses as weapons to excorcise demons. Things in Christianity which are a symbol of faith in God and protection from evil. [/quote]

Let's see... I know certain Colonel that has a terrible switch on his personality because if he didn't [spoiler] he would have been Fuhrer in the movie, so the smartest move was to make him drop his title and status all of a sudden and go to the front lines to kill more poeple that is actually the fact that is tormenting him [/spoiler]

[quote]He also uses a Holy Shotgun, something Constantine would never and has never used.[/quote]

I'll tell the same way you would reply me: the fact that he doesn't use it before, it doesn't mean he wouldn't. So if in the comic he suddenly used it, would you shut up?

[quote]I'm not an idiot, I was able to see it, enjoy it, and figure it out. I think good stories are the ones that DON'T try to explain every little detail. I was able to see the answers, and I figured it out that way, I don't need to have every minute detail spelled out for me like you.[/quote]

Again, insulting... *sigh* that's how things need to be discussed, yeah...

I think that good stories are the ones that make sense when they say something and don't contradict themselfs every few minutes. (If you are going to discuss me this... first read what I posted below, completely, please)

[quote]To me it looks like he changes into the serpent image on the Ourobouros tattoo.

And to me, despite the fantasy elements, I find FMA to be a very real anime, that is the interaction between the characters and the emotions they feel. [/quote]

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD sorry I laughed, but I couldn't help it. Read the link below, again, completely, and see BONES' super realism. Although you have a point, their emotions, when they don't change drastically from episode to episode, are very real, I have to agree. That's one of the reasons I like it.

And Envy is a dragon,read the link below.

[quote]No they don't. How does a spider-bite give a teenager super powers? They never go into great detail about it, it just does. And now he can shoot webbing out of his wrists, something he could never do in the comics before. In the comics he had mechnical gauntlets with web cartidges in them for that, but the movies totally did away with that. To this day, fanboys STILL complain about it.[/quote]

mm... how about you see the movie again and invite me to a spiderman forum to discuss it? Because in case you forgot, this is a FMA forum. No reason of any other manga, anime nor film will make me change my mind and make your ideas pass down my throat.

[quote]It was never confirmed because it was never said! This is only based on what we saw.

In one episode, Envy transforms his arm into a spike to impale Ed.[/quote]

I already said I was wrong.

[quote]When people call it "shameful, pathetic, and pitiful" and they talk about how it butchered the manga. I see it as an attack. And I am going to defend the anime from what I believe is erroneous bullshit. So whatever.[/quote]

I don't mind at all what other poeple do on other posts, that's their problem. The critic for the movie will be done after I see it. Even if I've read the summary and official stuff they announced, as well as the false advertisement they did (unless there's an extended version), that I don't need to check the movie to find out that is right..., I'm not going to say anything and I'll do it when I see it.

And by the way, where does it say that I have to praise the anime because I am on the anime section of FMA. If you don't like the fact that I think that what they did to FMA was pathetic, shameful and pitiful it's your problem.

And instead of telling poeple what should they do inside the anime section of a forum, how about you ask yourself how someone should behave himself in a forum? Because I think you forgot that a forum is the place where people state their thoughts and different opinion, while they should discuss it maturely.

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND AFTERTHOUGHTS THAT MAKE ME HATE WHAT BONES DID TO FMA, AS WELL AS TO SAY THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS CRAPPY, PATHETIC, PITIFUL AND SHAMEFUL:

http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf

Please, feel free to answer any of those questions and exchange impressions (maturely, please).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.