Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Hate What Bones Did To Fma(manga) By Making Fma Anime (first Series)? Spoiler Warning For All Fma Series!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Reika
This poll is for those that have seen at least all the episodes of the anime.

I just wanted to know how many of you hate or don't hate this... studio ¨¨

I personally hate it to death for many reasons. Which are stated bellow.

1)The unaswered questions they left when they separated from the manga (Don't get me wrong. I like when the anime and the manga are different, 'cause that makes as if we had more. But I think that they tried to end it so quickly that left too many unanswered questions that, for me, made the second half of the anime shameful and pitiful)

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND AFTERTHOUGHTS THAT MAKE ME HATE WHAT BONES DID TO FMA, AS WELL AS TO SAY THAT WHAT THEY DID WAS CRAPPY, PATHETIC, PITIFUL AND SHAMEFUL:

http://www.ahboba.com/otros/bonesmistakes.pdf

2) they said there would be royai, they SOLD us royai on magazines, they KNOW that there are more royai lovers than even Ed/winry!!! And there's NOTHING of royai!!!

They gave more protagonism to secondary characters!!! (how typical of BONES)

They CHANGED personalities!!! "I don't want to use alchemy because that reminds me the crimes I did with it" <--- after a happy ending killing the bad guy with alchemy????????!!!! after all of this years???!!! And why the hell did he got demoted, did they even explain that?

etc.

So yeah, I hate what they did.
I don't hate BONES. They had some other products which I consider good(e.g. Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Kurau, etc). But their adaptation of FMA did disappoint me. They turned an excellent, exciting, dramatic manga into a illogical, angtsy, soap-opera anime.
Keos
I can't say I hate them... hate's a very strong word. I think they did quite a good job with the anime considering that they didn't have the benefit of having the entire manga to write the script from. Animation was brilliant and the music was too, so not much complaint there. What they COULD have done better though was flesh out some of the major characters, add more humour to them, (make them seem more realistic... one can't possibly be miserable ALL the time as was the case with Anime Ed during the latter half of the anime, it seemed). Instead of spending entire episodes on side stories with uninteresting characters (ie. Russel and his brother), they could have take the time to do side stories fleshing out already existing main characters (ie. Winry & Aunt Pinako, Roy, Riza, subordinates). Scar was deeper than his manga counterpart, but was still as uninteresting and just as dull.

What I found rather disappointing was the fact that even though the Elric brothers were childhood friends (great friends) with Winry and "family" with Aunt Pinako, it seemed that after the first "incident", affection and love seemed to have been one-sided coming from the Rockbell family. Al was better at accepting the love, I think, but Ed just seemed eternally depressed . I understand why he would be and I sympathise with that.... but I found his constant depression and pushing people away similar to Shinji's whining in Neon Genesis - he needed to have an epithany and stand up abit more. My criticism of the Ed character is that he was too focused on his past guilt, being a teenager and lonely child, that is also natural... what wasn't natural was the CONSTANT and Never-changing pushing away of people and refusing to accept them.

Wow, it seems that my criticism of BONES has turned into a criticism of Ed tongue.gif .... of course, Ed being their character (their version of manga Ed anyway), it is also a criticism of BONES. My other criticism of BONEs is that they could have made a better movie ending which would have satisfied fans on most levels, not only on some levels. Overall, BONES did a good job, considering their position. Nothing beats Arakawa-sensei's work, though.
Drethai
I hate them a little just because they ended this awesome anime in the most harsh way possible. Although they both got their bodies back (Ed still has his Auto-Mail, but it's still better than death!), the price was that they could not be with each other. They were worlds apart, and the fact that Edward couldn't use Alchemy anymore just made things worse on the imagination portion of what would happen after the series... >.<! I sincerely hope that the movie ties whatever loose ends were left behind in the anime. But more importantly, I hope the movie gets subbed soon! xD
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 28 2005, 03:19 AM)
I can't say I hate them... hate's a very strong word.  I think they did quite a good job with the anime considering that they didn't have the benefit of having the entire manga to write the script from.  Animation was brilliant and the music was too, so not much complaint there.  What they COULD have done better though was flesh out some of the major characters, add more humour to them, (make them seem more realistic... one can't possibly be miserable ALL the time as was the case with Anime Ed during the latter half of the anime, it seemed).  Instead of spending entire episodes on side stories with uninteresting characters (ie. Russel and his brother), they could have take the time to do side stories fleshing out already existing main characters (ie. Winry & Aunt Pinako, Roy, Riza, subordinates).  Scar was deeper than his manga counterpart, but was still as uninteresting and just as dull.

What I found rather disappointing was the fact that even though the Elric brothers were childhood friends (great friends) with Winry and "family" with Aunt Pinako, it seemed that after the first "incident", affection and love seemed to have been one-sided coming from the Rockbell family.  Al was better at accepting the love, I think, but Ed just seemed eternally depressed .  I understand why he would be and I sympathise with that.... but I found his constant depression and pushing people away similar to Shinji's whining in Neon Genesis - he needed to have an epithany and stand up abit more.  My criticism of the Ed character is that he was too focused on his past guilt, being a teenager and lonely child, that is also natural... what wasn't natural was the CONSTANT and Never-changing pushing away of people and refusing to accept them.

Wow, it seems that my criticism of BONES has turned into a criticism of Ed tongue.gif .... of course, Ed being their character (their version of manga Ed anyway), it is also a criticism of BONES.  My other criticism of BONEs is that they could have made a better movie ending which would have satisfied fans on most levels, not only on some levels.  Overall, BONES did a good job, considering their position.  Nothing beats Arakawa-sensei's work, though.
[snapback]229387[/snapback]

Nice critic!

They wouldn't be the first ones that wait a year so the manga goes on, or talk with the creator about his/her ideas, so they can continue without needing to spoil the story.

Personally, I find quite disconforting to see how envy suddenly remembers his original form when he clearly said, both in manga and anime, that he's changed so much times that he couldn't remember his original shape. So that gives no space to the possiblity of him being Hohenheims first son's transmutation and hate him for what he did because he wouldn't be able to forget that.
And this kind of errors and worse are all over the anime since chapter 27, specially from chap 38 to chap 51, and that really bothered me untill now, and I started to think that BONES deserved to be hated XD but after reading the movie spoilers... well, I just wanted to kill them. Wait, no, I want them to suffer XDDDDDD. What's worse, is that I know they've made similar mistakes in the movie, even without seeing it.
Keos
Thankyou smile.gif

I can't really remember that much about what Envy has said with regards to his original form... but I thought the whole sudden pulling emergence of his "true" face in the last few episodes was very random and didn't seem to serve much purpose other than show us that no, he doesnt' actually look like that. I do remember other parts of the anime though, where BONES obviously made mistakes... notably Al falling into water during training after Ed first got his automail (the first few episodes) but Ed did not seem concerned that. That obviously contradicted the later episode where Ed raised so much more concern. I didn't notice on the first time through of course, so in general, their mistakes are not blatantly obvious and are due to them doing a second-hand narration (albeit a not so faithful one) to what Arakawa-sensei had.

And yes, I felt the movie ending was rather unfinished as well. It's great that Al and Ed got together. It was definitely not great they ended up in a different world with where terror and destruction was nigh. I don't think people would feel great about seeing their favourite characters escaping from the holocaust. Or worse, get captured and sent to concentration camps with no prospect of escape like some of those good Germans in the past.
ALFA TSUME
I think he had good ideas for the first shows he made ,like Wolf's Rain and a few others but he is truely going in circles with FMA its like watching FLCL in the middle of the season.

but no bones is alright. cool.gif
Reika
Actually, I'm so disappointed with their, as you said, "second-hand narration" that I'm going to find every and each mistake they made XD specially obvious ones and I'll state them later on this topic, because those are the main reasons that makes me hate BONES.

FMA is the only anime I've seen from this studio and I'm reading that it made a good job with other series, but Ō hate what he did with FMA. Maybe I should change the question of the poll to "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?"
Dai
you know I agree with you Reika XD stupid bones! ¨¨
Reika
QUOTE(Dai @ Jul 28 2005, 05:14 PM)
[snapback]230075[/snapback]

XDD I love you, you always agree with me XDD it's scary to know there's someone that thinks like you in 95% of the cases! :s
Dai
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 28 2005, 05:28 PM)

XDD I love you, you always agree with me XDD it's scary to know there's someone that thinks like you in 95% of the cases! :s
[snapback]230086[/snapback]

too much time "together" ? XD

but yes, it's scary XD, you know what they say "two people wich sleep in the same matress, became of the same opinion" XDDDDDDDDD it is the same, but without mattress, only talking and you being 1000 km from me XDDDDDDDDD
Reika
QUOTE(Dai @ Jul 28 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Jul 28 2005, 05:28 PM)

[snapback]230086[/snapback]

too much time "together" ? XD

but yes, it's scary XD, you know what they say "two people wich sleep in the same matress, became of the same opinion" XDDDDDDDDD it is the same, but without mattress, only talking and you being 1000 km from me XDDDDDDDDD
[snapback]230099[/snapback]

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that must be it. But this is off-topic XD
Dai
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that must be it. But this is off-topic XD

jous >_< (yeah, jous XD) but you are right (BUT... you started ¨¨ XDDDDD)

well, Bones is almost as bad as Toei ¨¨. FMA anime is worse than manga version, it's full of fails and nonsense characters (Dante, god how I hate her XD) and stories ¨¨

(do you see? it is on-topic again laugh.gif XDDDDDDD)
Keos
QUOTE("Reika")
Actually, I'm so disappointed with their, as you said, "second-hand narration" that I'm going to find every and each mistake they made XD specially obvious ones and I'll state them later on this topic, because those are the main reasons that makes me hate BONES.

Yeah, why not? smile.gif Enlighten me on their errors. I can't help but think that they have done a pretty good job overall with the anime.. it's only fair to give them that rating, but it won't change the fact that I, like you am rather disappointed with the results in some ways.

QUOTE("Reika")
FMA is the only anime I've seen from this studio and I'm reading that it made a good job with other series, but Ō hate what he did with FMA. Maybe I should change the question of the poll to "Do you hate what BONES did to FMA?"

I endorse that thinking and is definitely more specific smile.gif
Reika
Yeah, why not? smile.gif  Enlighten me on their errors.  I can't help but think  that they have done a pretty good job overall with the anime.. it's only fair to give them that rating, but it won't change the fact that I, like you am rather disappointed with the results in some ways.

I reached episode 19 XD and I'm more dissapointed, from episode 1 to episde 12 or so are almost at least one mistake per episode :s, and I haven't reached episode 27 yet ^^U I'll continue later on, let's see if I finish it today.

I endorse that thinking and is definitely more specific smile.gif

Problem, I don't know how to do that.
Keos
Mm... I thought you could seeing as you're the creator - maybe if you really insist, one of the Administrators (or at least someone with that privilege) would do it..... hope it's not too bothersome for them sad.gif

Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply? I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...
xrninja
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 01:46 AM)
Mm... I thought you could seeing as you're the creator - maybe if you really insist, one of the Administrators (or at least someone with that privilege) would do it..... hope it's not too bothersome for them sad.gif
[snapback]231376[/snapback]

edited, hope i got it right. smile.gif (and for the record, no, i'm not too pleased with what BONES did to FMA. and "not too pleased" is an understatement.)

QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 01:46 AM)
Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply?  I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...

hopefully this'll take care of it (it may not, i still get e-mails from one thread):
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 20 2005, 08:52 PM)
Email Notification
You are automatically subscribed to a thread when you make a post in it, and keep receiving troublesome e-mails that take up space in your inbox?  To remedy this problem, go to My Controls, then click on Email Settings (under Options).  Check off the box beside Enable 'Email Notification' by default? and ensure that the default type is No Email Notification.  For a pictoral example, see this picture.

For further assistance with problems not listed here, please visit our Technical Support section.
[snapback]93019[/snapback]
Reika
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 29 2005, 10:46 AM)

Btw: do you know how I can stop the board sending me emails everytime there's a reply?  I've unchecked all the board email options but that doesn't seem to do it...

I don't know what happened but someone just did it! THANKS!!! XDDD

I don't know :S I didn't check that option so...
Keos
Oh thankyou xrninja! ^ ^ Yeah, mine's on no default emails... so I guess that might just be the board.
deekay
Well many people don't haven't read the manga so they dont know just how much bones messed up in some respects the source material. I could live with some minor inconsistencies in the story, even the alternate world crap and the ending of anime if they hadn't screwed up the movie with such a lame ending. If they had gotten the movie right then i think most fans would be alot more forgiving overall why did they not consult the manga writer or at least the fans. You know who should be asked this question of the poll the writer of manga, i'd love to hear her opinion of what Bones did to the anime (ending especially) and this movie.
Reika
I would love to hear it too. Isn't there a way to interview her and publish it?? Because I think BONES wouldn't do that
Most Japanese mangaka would never say outright they hate the adaptations since it is bad form in their society to be "rude or insulting" and go against their own company's decisions (after all Square Enix is the one who licensed the franchise to Bones for the anime).

The only mangaka I've ever heard of that rose a stink about the adaptations was Hellsing's mangaka, but he was pretty well known to be a rebel at work (the editors suffer his irregular releases).

So Arakawa might never say her thoughts outright, but if she has never said "I love the adaptation", then you can take a hint that she might not like it at all.
Reika
I think that happened with the mangaka of sailor moon too. And someone told me that Arakawa was angry with BONES :s
If you read the little comics she draw at the end of one of the manga volumes - depicting the day she heard FMA was being animated - it seems she was more like ticked off, decided to wash her hands off of it, simply sit back, and see what happens.
Reika
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 31 2005, 02:31 AM)
If you read the little comics she draw at the end of one of the manga volumes - depicting the day she heard FMA was being animated - it seems she was more like ticked off, decided to wash her hands off of it, simply sit back, and see what happens.
[snapback]233274[/snapback]

O.o really? what little comics?
Saturn Stars
yes could you please link to that so we can see whats hidden between the lines in her writing?
adamclark
i had already talked about this on another thread, but it is obvious that the anime outran the manga and so the second half was an original packwork of stories from the story editor, not hiromu.

which explained a lot for me after watching season two and seeing how the story takes such a strange direction from the first.

so that got me upset, because the series was great, but got strange in the end. and although i'd prefer that they never introduced that damn alternate world thing, i still think it's an awesome story and hope they clean up the end in the movie (which wont come out in america for another year i guess.)

but i am also awaiting the releases of the manga in america, i do like it as well.
Keos
I, too, would like to see Arakawa-sensei's opinion...... so er.. if anyone can post that omake? ^ ^
xrninja
i'm not sure, but is this the omake? it's the only one i've seen concerning Arakawa and the anime.
Saturn Stars
I see... she seems okay with it i guess
Keos
Hahaha... I love Moo-san. Maybe in the next issue we'll get to see her reaction to the movie ending (hehe...).

Thankyou for posting that, xrninja-san! smile.gif
adamclark
unfortunitely that the way it goes in many shows/movies. the original creator rarely has a say in what happens and flakey tv people decide the fate of the characters.

the only redeeming value is she will always be in charge of the manga...
Reika
I don't see her very happy, she says "I'm not selling it, you will", and then she adds "so there was no discussion"
TheVileOne
I don't understand...what did they do?
lialiakicks
I don't really get it either, but crap that sucks.

*points to my avatar* THAT is how I feel about BONES right now! >_> Don't HATE 'em, but I'm not liking 'em that much either. GAH.
Reika
ok, I'll give you the preview of the mistakes I'll be writing here when i finish, I decided to inform you of all of them, or at least which I find. For example:

Episode 2:
1)Why did Corneroís arm start being transmutated to some metal things and cables? Note: In the manga it happens because the philosophers stone is overloaded and when he starts to transmutate a weapon the weapon starts being mixed with his arm and thatís why there are so many cables and metal things. But in the anime?

2)Why is Envy, being an homunculus, able to make alchemy when he resurrects the birds? If it's not alchemy, what is it???
adamclark
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 1 2005, 02:13 AM)
1)Why did Corneroís arm start being transmutated to some metal things and cables? Note: In the manga it happens because the philosophers stone is overloaded and when he starts to transmutate a weapon the weapon starts being mixed with his arm and thatís why there are so many cables and metal things. But in the anime?

2)Why is Envy, being an homunculus, able to make alchemy when he resurrects the birds? If it's not alchemy, what is it???
[snapback]236156[/snapback]

those are some good points, reika. infact both of those points have bothered me too. and why do the birds suddenly disappear in the air.

it seems bones took the parts of the story they liked and put them in the anime and filled in the rest with their own ideas.

i was surprised when i first read the manga and saw how much better they explained the whole arm thing (up until then i was sorely confused).
TheVileOne
Oh for the love of God. This is what we call nitpicking.
Reika
those are some good points, reika.  infact both of those points have bothered me too.  and why do the birds suddenly disappear in the air.

it seems bones took the parts of the story they liked and put them in the anime and filled in the rest with their own ideas.

i was surprised when i first read the manga and saw how much better they explained the whole arm thing (up until then i was sorely confused).
[snapback]236166[/snapback]

Thanks, when I read the movie summary I was so frustrated that I decided to look for all the mistakes they made. I can't finish it right now because a friend of mine came to pay a visit from far away so I'm a little busy. But I'll publish them here when I finish because there's very much people that doesn't even know there are such mistakes and WORSE >.<

Yeah, the birds thingy bothered me too, specially after knowing envy was a homunculus and they can't use alchemy. :s incredible, and that was in ep 2. You gotta see ep 50-51, in the last episodes there are at least 10 mistakes in a raw.
TheVileOne
I still don't know what Bones did that was so sacreligous. I've read both and I don't have a problem with either. Though the anime is a lot darker at times.
Reika
Personally, there are too much things I find disturbing and makes the anime really crappy. I find it ok if they want to change some things, or whatever, but if they are going to change it, at least, they should change it right, making sense, and explaining whatever they change, add etc.
Keos
QUOTE("TheVileOne")
I still don't know what Bones did that was so sacreligous. I've read both and I don't have a problem with either. Though the anime is a lot darker at times.

As I have said before, due to the anime being a "second-hand narration", BONES (anyone really) can make those mistakes, and it's understandable that they did not bother to think thoroughly on what they're doing. Actually, I didn't do that either since I was too focused on the main story. Manga-kas may make their own mistakes too, but generally no one will complain about them as they're fewer and the manga is the original thing.

However, although I am not so concerned with little details like those, they can stand out like a sore thumb once someone mentions them (^ ^). What bugs me, of course, is the lack of appearance of Winry - Winry was relegated to the role of the typical woman waiting for her man to come back (always worrying or looking like she's about to cry in a while - mmm actually, that has been happening with the manga as well, though. *sigh* Manga probably has time to improve though). Also, I've mentioned that Ed seemed eternally depressed during the latter half of the anime and his self-isolation from almost everyone becomes more pronounced. That was one bugger as he never seemed to have gotten out of that isolation... not sure about the movie, though.
What I do know is that the movie ended in a half-hearted way. The world is not perfect, but who says the animated world can't at least strive to be? With all those supernatural elements flying left and right, the producers could have made the ending different, but they chose not to.

And please don't tell me that I shouldn't judge when I have not seen the film. I am not judging the execution of the events in the film (I cannot do that until I have seen the film), but rather, I am judging the events, themselves, which I am sure is pretty accurate thanks to the movie summary provided graciously by Sycia.
lialiakicks
There's A LOT of things in the anime that don't make sense. (But, I'm not THAT crazy to actually pick out every one.) ^^; Oh, I give up. The manga's better, and everyone that luvs FMA SHOULD read the manga... Do you have any idea HOW MANY PEEPS REFUSE TO READ THE MANGA JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE SEEN THE ANIME?! >_> Gah! What's wrong with otaku these days...?!

Keos: *claps* I agree. We should be allowed to share our opinions regardless if we've seen the movie or not. (We're STILL gonna see the movie anyway, so I don't know what everyone's complaining about.)
Reika
But, I'm not THAT crazy to actually pick out every one

Am I crazy?????? T^T
Keos
Of course not smile.gif You're just enthusiastic - and that enthusiasm stems from your bitterness towards what BONES did in the film (would it have been better if they ended better?).
TheVileOne
The movie sounds great. Oh and I've seen all of the anime and I'm consuming the manga as we speak.

I think you guys are just jaded purists that can't cope with changes in different forms of media.

I thought the development of Ed's character in the second half of the series was fantastic.

I wonder if you guys are pissed how they made so many changes to Trigun. I read all of the manga that I can, and I honestly have to say that the anime is much better. The death of Wolfwood made it great.
Reika
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 2 2005, 04:28 AM)
The movie sounds great.† Oh and I've seen all of the anime and I'm consuming the manga as we speak.†

I think you guys are just jaded purists that can't cope with changes in different forms of media.

I thought the development of Ed's character in the second half of the series was fantastic.

I wonder if you guys are pissed how they made so many changes to Trigun.† I read all of the manga that I can, and I honestly have to say that the anime is much better.† The death of Wolfwood made it great.
[snapback]237393[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pissed off when they say that homunculus can't use alchemy and Envy uses it to revive a living form (birds), when the living forms aren't allowed to transmutate. And he even does it withought a prototype of the philosopher stone.

And here goes another one "I can't remember my own face since I changed it so many times" but in episode 50 he shows his face, that is not only his suddenly remembered real face, but Ed's half brother!

And ANOTHER ONE! Al can't feel anything "Brother, I want to be able to feel your warmth again", then who explains me when he says "See? He's not dead, he's still warm".

I've reached episode 22 and there are more than 10 mistakes of this type. That's really shamefull and pitifull. It's not the fact that Hakuro suddenly does have his ear intact after being shot at in episode 5, but facts that are important to the story.They can't say white and suddenly black, I hate when they do that, it makes the anime crappy, it would have been a great one if they didn't do that.

Personally, it's fine with me if they want to change anything, but if they change it right.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 2 2005, 11:38 PM)
Actually, I'm pissed off when they say that homunculus can't use alchemy and Envy uses it to revive a living form (birds), when the living forms aren't allowed to transmutate. And he even does it withought a prototype of the philosopher stone.

Erroneous.

The birds clearly weren't alive. I don't know what he did to them, and I don't really care. The idea was to get across that this person was NOT Cornello and was a fraud too.

And who's to say that Envy in that form didn't have an incomplete stone and used it do as such?

And here goes another one "I can't remember my own face since I changed it so many times" but in episode 50 he shows his face, that is not only his suddenly remembered real face, but Ed's half brother!

Just because Envy said so to Lust doesn't mean Envy was telling the truth. Envy was obviously around a lot longer than Lust was.

And ANOTHER ONE! Al can't feel anything "Brother, I want to be able to feel your warmth again", then who explains me when he says "See? He's not dead, he's still warm".

There was a big difference between Al when he said the first quote and Al during the second quote. For instance he was an all powerful and glowing PHILOSOPHER'S FREAKING STONE!

Once again erroneous.

I've reached episode 22 and there are more than 10 mistakes of this type. That's really shamefull and pitifull. It's not the fact that Hakuro suddenly does have his ear intact after being shot at in episode 5, but facts that are important to the story.They can't say white and suddenly black, I hate when they do that, it makes the anime crappy, it would have been a great one if they didn't do that.

Well the only mistakes I'm seeing are in your posts. For instance its pitiful not pitiffull, which is pitiful and shameful, not shamefull.

How about all your mistakes you just listed are bullshit and you should stop nitpicking over little crap. You are probably pissed how Psiren in one episode becomes a nun, yet how there's no existing Christian religion in the world of the series.

Personally, it's fine with me if they want to change anything, but if they change it right.
[snapback]237584[/snapback]

They did. Next please.
hagane_no_tokage
i think there are a lot of things BONES did that arakawasensei didn't really intend for the story to have... at least not YET anyway. but i get a kick out of how she pokes fun at it. her movie omake art was a laugh riot!

i was mostly irritated by how the timeline seemed to be in constant flux. the boys' ages kept changing irrationally, and there seemed to be time warps where the space-time continuum seemed to uh...shift. i had a helluva time trying to get the timeline to work for a fic i was working on, because i was using events from both the anime AND the manga...and making them fit together was a *bear*!

and VileOne, i think you need a nap. there's no need to get crappy with people. if you have an explanation for something, say it, but don't get shitty about it. nobody's attacking YOU, so stop acting like you're taking this personally. dry.gif but why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? i think you're holding back... rolleyes.gif
TheVileOne
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Aug 3 2005, 10:41 AM)
i think there are a lot of things BONES did that arakawasensei didn't really intend for the story to have...  at least not YET anyway.  but i get a kick out of how she pokes fun at it.  her movie omake art was a laugh riot!

Different mediums. Artistic license. They are making a 51 episode series while the manga is still being written out and its story ongoing.

i was mostly irritated by how the timeline seemed to be in constant flux.  the boys' ages kept changing irrationally, and there seemed to be time warps where the space-time continuum seemed to uh...shift.  i had a helluva time trying to get the timeline to work for a fic i was working on, because i was using events from both the anime AND the manga...and making them fit together was a *bear*!

Its not the anime's fault you have a hard time with fanfic.

and VileOne, i think you need a nap.  there's no need to get crappy with people. if you have an explanation for something, say it, but don't get shitty about it.  nobody's attacking YOU, so stop acting like you're taking this personally.  dry.gif  but why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel?  i think you're holding back... rolleyes.gif
[snapback]238444[/snapback]

They were being shitty towards the anime, FALSELY and wrongfully calling it shameful and pitiful. I defended it as such. Did I go overboard? If I did, I apologize, but I am getting sick and tired of the manga purists constantly ragging on the anime and nitpicking over stupid crap.

They sound just like the people on the Spider-man boards who nitpick and whine about little crap and how it ruins the movies and in relation to the comics as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.