Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are The Fansubs?!?! I Demand Them Now.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fire_from_Ashes
I think the title explains it all, but really, how long until fansubs? I could care less about the official subbing and whatnot since I know that will take a while. But when are the fansubs going to be done/come out?

I'm so tempted to read that summary!!!!

But I musn't! (All I need is another disappointment after it being official that Harry/Hermione isn't happening to find out there isn't any Ed/Winry and that they just have a 'sibling' relationship. MURDER I will commit.)
TheVileOne
Patience precious. It might be a while.
Guest_neutronstar_*
I have a smiliar question, so I'll just leech off this right here.

Any word on a North American release date, or how that will all pan out? I know it's a little early in the game and chances are subs will be out before whatever studio that's dubbing FMA (I honestly don't know. Funimation?) calls the VAs into the studio. It seems like FMA is more of a Cowboy Bebop type of thing and will end up actually being released in theatres, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they just dedicated a saturday on Adult Swim to it.

As much as I'd like to see the thing (I WILL without a doubt download and watched a badly subbed bootleg if one turns un in the meantime) I'd really like to experience it in theatres, despite the many quirks of dubbing.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Guest_neutronstar_* @ Jul 24 2005, 05:09 AM)
I have a smiliar question, so I'll just leech off this right here.

Any word on a North American release date, or how that will all pan out? I know it's a little early in the game and chances are subs will be out before whatever studio that's dubbing FMA (I honestly don't know. Funimation?) calls the VAs into the studio. It seems like FMA is more of a Cowboy Bebop type of thing and will end up actually being released in theatres, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they just dedicated a saturday on Adult Swim to it.

Funimation will be doing the movie since they have a first crack deal at pretty much everything FMA (save the manga I suppose). So they are doing the games, the movie, and the series.

They definitely should release FMA into theatres, but Funimation is not a theatrical distributor. Another company would have to come in and handle that...I think

As much as I'd like to see the thing (I WILL without a doubt download and watched a badly subbed bootleg if one turns un in the meantime) I'd really like to experience it in theatres, despite the many quirks of dubbing.
[snapback]224825[/snapback]

I agree. I was pushing my supervisors to show it at Austin Film Festival this year.

My guess is we won't see Fullmetal Alchemist in North America/US until around a year at least.
mongooseboi
Well, there is a possibility of a fansub group subbing a camcorder version of the movie, but i highly doubt it due to shitty quality. normally, we'll have to wait for a DVD release in japan, and then fansub groups can import that DVD and start the subbing from there. it'll probably take awhile before we get a subbed version. just think of the naruto movie. patience is going to come in handy :]
Saturn Stars
Yes patience, I can't take that... maybe if people request a camcorder version...
NightMistress
Glad I read the spoilers because now I can surely wait on it. I will still try to see it the first opportunity I see however.
FMAlover^
I don't dare to read the summary.I want to see the movie.I'll just wait to see it,I don't mind the quality though.
Jellybean
I'm all for the camcorder idea. I'm desparate here! I remember some friends being irked that the Naruto movie took about eight months or something to even be fansubbed, but I'm not sure what was up with that. Did it really take that long to come out on DVD? I almost hope the FMA movie bombs in theaters so it will be sold sooner. tongue.gif
Shiho
Read the summary and felt very unhappy and uneasy. *CRIES* Why must [spoiler] Al H. die!!!![/spoiler]
xrninja
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 23 2005, 10:59 PM)
Well, there is a possibility of a fansub group subbing a camcorder version of the movie, but i highly doubt it due to shitty quality. normally, we'll have to wait for a DVD release in japan, and then fansub groups can import that DVD and start the subbing from there. it'll probably take awhile before we get a subbed version. just think of the naruto movie. patience is going to come in handy :]
[snapback]224906[/snapback]

the thing is, i think that the Hagaren fandom is a lot more hardcore and impatient for the movie than the Naruto fans are, though, especially seeing as we've been anticipating this as the real end of the series for several months now. a DVD release will come out eventually, but i'm guessing that we'll still see the shitty camcorder version up for download hopefully soon.
Reika
I don't mind the quality either, but please, stop saying you can wait now and that kind of things, that although it isn't a direct spoiler we can know what DOESN'T happen.

There should be a raw online :s
NightMistress
Sorry about that. However, there were several aspects in the movie that were very important to me. For all we know, knowing what I know about what happens could put me at ease now so that I can be more patient. If I didn't read the spoilers, I'd still be very anxious because I wouldn't know a thing.
Zarpia
I agree with you NightMistress, now that i know what happends i can waith a lot more than if i didn't, and I'm sure that i will forget about it soon.
Since Ive read the summary, hell, I dont even need it to be subbed. lol (I understand NO japanese howeve. lol) Id watch the entire thing in cam quality, with no subs and still be happy. lol

WHen I really got hooked on FMA when it was in the 40s in japan still, I watched the japanese versions b/c the subbed ones werent out yet tongue.gif
Saturn Stars
I read the summary, but it isn't helping lol... I still can't wait to see the movie. Nightmistress, if you think that there would be a raw online, does anyone have any idea, or can they point us to it?

If anyone finds a copy of FMA movie on the internet, please let us know ASAP
Qeomash
Yes - please let us know. biggrin.gif

I refuse to read the summary...I want to watch it for myself, being surprised by what happens rather than know whats going to happen beforehand. I did that for Matrix Revolutions...and I don't want to do it again.
Kitty Cat
If you do live in Hong Kong then the DVD (fake...?? not sure if its fake...) will come out in around 1-4 months time or longer. But since the police have gone around HK finding the real or fake DVDS most shops have closed down. But there are still a few of then left (eg. in Sha tin) BTW there are english or chinese subs.

I wonder which group might fansub the movie though....
Reika
I don't care one bit about the subs, I just want to see the movie, and then the subs will come XD I understand half of what it's said, so I can bear to wait for the other half, but not the entire movie!! >.<
Saturn Stars
Me too! I want anything, someone must have filmed it in the cinema, we just have to find out where it is on the internet!
EyesAllPaintedBlack
Shiho, if you were standing in front of me, I'd kill you. I clicked your little spoiler thingy because you didn't say above it that you were going to write a character death.

Thanks. Tag better next time.

I can't wait for the offical fansubs. I watched Howl's Moving Castle via camcorder and I dealt. It was fine. So if anyone finds the camcorder version of FMA online or has a friend who camcorded it or someone who is willing to do so for us non-Japanese fans, please, gimme a link.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I also suffered through a camcorder version of Howl's Moving Castle, oh well.

Anyway, as badly as I want to know I will wait. Even if it was filmed by a camcorder. I've seen enough spoilers about the film, and one I didn't really want to know (thanks Slash mad.gif). So hopefully if I can dodge all spoilers I will be a very happy person.

I seem to enjoy films much more if I don't know alot about what's going to happen. I like the element of suprise.
hidden__happiness
It seems like I'm not the only one who doesn't want to spoil it for myself...
No matter how much i want to read the summary, I want to watch the movie first, only then shall I be sastified.(??)
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(hidden__happiness @ Jul 26 2005, 11:04 PM)
It seems like I'm not the only one who doesn't want to spoil it for myself...
No matter how much i want to read the summary, I want to watch the movie first, only then shall I be sastified.(??)
[snapback]228312[/snapback]

You're definately not alone. It's taking all my willpower to not click on spoilers. Even the one in this thread (I didn't want to know what the context of the spoiler was, either... but now I do. Thanks a lot *is paranoid after reading that*). Still, I refuse to spoil myself. I want to see the movie the same way I saw the series--not knowing a bloody thing.

And yes, if there comes a fansub, no matter how crappy the quality is, someone please direct us to where it can be downloaded. Or at worst, PM those of us who are interested (like me!).
Fantus
[quote=EyesAllPaintedBlack,Jul 26 2005, 07:39 PM]
Shiho, if you were standing in front of me, I'd kill you. I clicked your little spoiler thingy because you didn't say above it that you were going to write a character death.

you retard now you just spoiled it for me, watch what your typing, now i know a character dies, good job.
animejunkie429800
Personally, I don't really like Fansubs. I think they're a little off the real meaning of the anime/manga sometimes.
hidden__happiness
QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Jul 27 2005, 12:40 AM)
You're definately not alone. It's taking all my willpower to not click on spoilers. Even the one in this thread (I didn't want to know what the context of the spoiler was, either... but now I do. Thanks a lot *is paranoid after reading that*). Still, I refuse to spoil myself. I want to see the movie the same way I saw the series--not knowing a bloody thing.

And yes, if there comes a fansub, no matter how crappy the quality is, someone please direct us to where it can be downloaded. Or at worst, PM those of us who are interested (like me!).
[snapback]228498[/snapback]

I highlight everything because it helps me read, and I accidentally highlighted the spoiler down there somewhere and I scanned it and I knew what happened!! It was like from the summary and I was like nnooo!!!! -.-;;;
My fault for highlighting...

Anyhow I'll just wait until the fansub comes out... I can.. wait.. O_O....
tommmmmm
I want fansubs @@@@@@@@@@@@@
Drethai
When was the movie released in Japan? o.o
7/23/05
EyesAllPaintedBlack
[quote=Fantus,Jul 27 2005, 08:32 AM]
[quote=EyesAllPaintedBlack,Jul 26 2005, 07:39 PM]

you retard now you just spoiled it for me, watch what your typing, now i know a character dies, good job.
[snapback]228638[/snapback]

[/quote]

Oh right. You're mature. Did you honestly think for a second that there WOULDN'T be a character death of ANY sort? You're retarded then. That's like saying there wouldn't be a character death in the sixth HP book.

Get a better attitude, ***hole.

And at least I warned you what's in that spoiler tag since the person left the context unnamed. So instead of you stupidly clicking it and finding out A LOT more than you effin wanted, I warned you ahead of time. Now you WONT want to click it at all.
Saturn Stars
Ummm thats right, if you click a spoiler tag you in for a spoiler. Besides they aren't going to say outside the spoiler

'don't click if you don't want to know who dies'

it's even worse! because then it's open for everyone to see someone dies just so you don't click the tag and find out who that person is. Go away.
xHaganeNoChibi
I hope someone fansubs it ^^;
I'll buy it in japanese *o* the day of the release in DVD
Moni
Hi!!! I'm completely dissapointed coz anmski has just taken off the torrent of the movie unsure.gif so... someone must absolutely have it... please, if u got it. e-mail me: monicabaigts@yahoo.com
I'm soooo sad, please, i'd be the haaaaaaaaappiest woman on earth tongue.gif [B][COLOR=purple]
Saturn Stars
yeah I'm sure no-one knows, otherwise they would post it here for us. I'm sure. Just be patient biggrin.gif
lialiakicks
unless if we get a camcorder version, we're gonna have to wait 'til around March! (It took about 8-9 months for the Naruto movie to be on DVD)... >_> GAH.
Saturn Stars
That is really appalling...
I also don't want to read the spoilers but it is killing me not to. >.< I wish I knew someone who lived in Japan because I would pay an arm and a leg for a fansub right now, hehe.
Any suggestions for what sites to check daily for torrents? Would baka-updates get it submitted?
tathchan
What Guest said! tongue.gif I'm going crazy trying to resist the urge to spoiler myself. But I learned my lesson with the FMA series - I was spoilered for the last two episodes and that ruined most of the suspense (not all, mind you, but most). Waaaugh, I don't care how cruddy the quality of it is, a camcorder version is better than nothing! sad.gif

*wails*

They really should do a theatrical release here in the States. I'm sure it would do well! (I mean, count up all the fans in or willing to come to the US to see it, and then add all the friends and family members that each one would drag with them, and that would be a pretty good profit!)
Reika
I know someone from USA saw the movie yesterday, so there MUST be a torrent or something out there, but she woulnd't tell me >.<!!!
tathchan
Agh, that's not faaaaair!! ohmy.gif

(Btw, Reika, it just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever seen that Roy/Riza pic you've got in your sig. Would you happen to know where you got it?)
Reika
QUOTE(tathchan @ Aug 3 2005, 04:59 PM)
Agh, that's not faaaaair!!  ohmy.gif

(Btw, Reika, it just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever seen that Roy/Riza pic you've got in your sig. Would you happen to know where you got it?)
[snapback]238722[/snapback]

I downloaded it XDDD
lialiakicks
Reika... BEG that person for the flippin' link PLEASE!!! ;____;
Reika
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Aug 3 2005, 06:52 PM)
[snapback]238875[/snapback]

I begged her!! I also tried persuading her by promising 20 pages of my doujinshi in one day but nothing!! >.< she doesn't asnwear my beggings T^T
tathchan
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 3 2005, 12:54 PM)

I begged her!! I also tried persuading her by promising 20 pages of my doujinshi in one day but nothing!! >.< she doesn't asnwear my beggings T^T
[snapback]238880[/snapback]

Waaugh, what reason could she have for keeping it from us you?!

(So you downloaded that picture? Where?? It's so pretty! tongue.gif )
Reika
QUOTE(tathchan @ Aug 3 2005, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 3 2005, 12:54 PM)

[snapback]238880[/snapback]

Waaugh, what reason could she have for keeping it from us you?!

(So you downloaded that picture? Where?? It's so pretty! tongue.gif )
[snapback]238926[/snapback]

who knows! XD

mm.. I think you can find it on this webpage
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Aug 3 2005, 10:52 AM)
[snapback]238875[/snapback]

go grab yourself a dictionary, and look up gullable. sad.gif
Saturn Stars
You never know, it is entirely possible that there is a camcorder version of the movie on the net. Actualyl it's hard to believe that ther ewouldn't be. So i am wondering where all the links are of if we can locate it in some type of japanese underground site.... either way, i want a link.

Baka Updates probably wouldn't get an unoffical copy of it up on their releases section. Have you ever seen blah blah blah movie (camcorder version) on there? No I don't think so, but we can hope for a bootleg if it shows up...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.