Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite FFVIII Pairings/Couples! =P
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Omakase Shimasu
Sorry to copy your FFVII poll, Wolfi but I was waiting for you to make this one for forEVER~ tongue.gif I just took matters in my own hands, you may kick me but don't think I won't dodge. I'm a ninja. ph34r.gif

Blah, anywayz~ You all know the drill. Bet you all have NO idea who I voted for! <__< And I bet Rinoa's life SeiferxSquall will come out on top, really.

(ep) = explanation please~ =^__^=
Chibi Viki
here's my list of pairs for this series:

squallxno one = because I hate rinoa with a vengeance. sorry to all rinoa fans out there but she just gets on my nerves. and selphie... needs to be with somebody else...

quistisxlaguna = hehehehe... hehehehe...

lagunaxrachel = she died... oh well...
RolfKaese
lagunaxrachel = she died... oh well...

lol, how nice of you viki happy.gif

anyway, my couple is ... mexthewitch, damn, dont remember her name now...
Chibi Viki
you mean edea (the one with that big pointy half wheel hanging on her back and loves wearing black) or ultimacia (the one that resembles a cockroach)?
Omakase Shimasu
Good God, I forgot Laguna. o__o That's SO not cool. (Laguna's my second love, right next to Squall ^__~)

Oh, I'm not much of a fan of Rinoa either, so no offense here. But you knew already - right? biggrin.gif Hehe, Selphie with someone else? Who? And damn I forgot Zell with that Library Girl.

Hmmm, anyone like Edea and Cid?

you mean edea (the one with that big pointy half wheel hanging on her back and loves wearing black) or ultimacia (the one that resembles a cockroach)?

ROFL -- a cockroach??

Btw, didn't Rolf mean Adel? Now that's a looker. tongue.gif

And do you mean Raine? (lagunaxrachel)
RolfKaese
Edea i meant. thx viki for your large ff knowledge ^_~
Chibi Viki
oh, Raine... right. they were the only FF8 couple that I liked.

ultimacia does look like a cockroach... i mean with those antenna things sticking out of her and all... she's an annoying bug that needs to be squished. :,3
wolfi1412
I have no prob.. before I was thinking on a FFVII and FFVIII pairings.. but I decide to do only FFVII.. and I voted for SquallxRinoa (sorry Chibi Viki-san).. they look good together. (only LOOK), and I like Rinoa's clothing.. but my fave character is Squall Leonhart(?)!! he's too cool..!!!
MJHermi
The couple I liked in this game would be... Laguna and Raine.

Squall and Rinoa do look great together, but the way they got together is something left for me to desire. Sorry, Wolfi...
Chibi Viki
yeah, rinoa's clothers are cool and she and squall DO look good together, I admit... but the thing i hate most about her is that she flirted with almost every (leading/important) guy in the game... shouldn't she be seifer's girl in the first place?

and yeah, the way they got together... geez, it was kinda shallow (sorry wolfi).
Omakase Shimasu
Hmmm, I didn't like Rain... maybe that's why I didn't put them up for voting. biggrin.gif Sorry there. I like Laguna, though. He's such a sweet moron. ^__^

Yeah, Rinoa and Squall look cute together. I think everyone agrees with that. But what Viki said:

but the thing i hate most about her is that she flirted with almost every (leading/important) guy in the game... shouldn't she be seifer's girl in the first place?

Only because Seifer went "bad" she ditched him. That's not a valid reason. tongue.gif Well, I might like her if she went for that... uh, stomach-ache guy. blink.gif Forgot his name. Ah whatever. Anyone if it isn't Squall and Seifer....

You guys aren't fun~ tongue.gif I need an FFVIII lover! Quistis88, where art thou~?
MJHermi
Hehe... I actually forgot that Seifer and Rinoa had something going on at the beginning of the game...
wolfi1412
they do? I must've forget all the story plots
Omakase Shimasu
Has it really been that long since you guys last played FFVIII? @__@ I beat it again just a few months earlier... (love the cinematics)
MJHermi
Hmm. First and last time I played it was when we had just moved to our current house. I remember playing it in a scorching hot attic (the aircon wasn't installed yet), with the lights off (the electric company still hasn't attached the main power line, so we're on limited electricity).

That had been... 4 years ago? Or 5...?
Omakase Shimasu
You guy still got limited electricity after 4/5 years? T__T I feel bad for you (I've gotten used to the luxury of ADSL ^__^;;)
MJHermi
Ah, no, that was 4/5 years ago. We eventually got the power line connected a few weeks after we moved in. smile.gif

However, being stuck in the province, they're pretty much limited to dial-up connection there (DSL back at home is expensive). Which is why I like it in my condo - I have ADSL there. Downloads galore!! biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Of course you've got electricity! What was I thinking. rolleyes.gif Hehe, downloading's one of my main obsessions. Too bad ADSL's got a download limit. ^__^;; If it wasn't for that, my compie would be stuffed. @__@
Chibi Viki
i'm still stuck with dial-up! >_<

anyway, back to FFVIII... yeah, Rinoa was supposed to be seifer's girl. I mean, he was the one she was looking for in the first place when she went to the SeeD party. she only danced with Squall because, and I quote from Rinoa, "You're the best looking guy around here" (or something like that... I vividly remembered this dialogue).

but the cinematics were great and that's what I loved about FFVIII... and the car thing, hehehe... the floating school, Balamb, was just crazy.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 8 2004, 04:51 PM)
i'm still stuck with dial-up! >_<

ohmy.gif You poor girl! *hugs you*

anyway, back to FFVIII... yeah, Rinoa was supposed to be seifer's girl. I mean, he was the one she was looking for in the first place when she went to the SeeD party. she only danced with Squall because, and I quote from Rinoa, "You're the best looking guy around here" (or something like that... I vividly remembered this dialogue).

tongue.gif Now why would that be, hmmm? (remembering the dialogue vividly, I mean)

Poor Seifer, though. Oh wait! Seifer wasn't at the ball at the time, was he? ^__^ His ego's still intact.

And the cinematics~ *___* I've yet to see better CG cutscenes, not counting the anime ones!
Chibi Viki
well, yeah, but... maybe advent children will outdo FF8?
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, now that you mention it! biggrin.gif Advent Children~ How could I forget? rolleyes.gif Though Sephiroth's... scary. He looks like he's wearing make-up. He's still hot, but.. I'm not used to see him like that. Ah well.

I only wish they would make a movie like that for FFVIII. *___*
MJHermi
Poor Seifer, though. Oh wait! Seifer wasn't at the ball at the time, was he? ^__^ His ego's still intact.

Hehe... somehow I'm not so sure about that. I mean, how would a guy feel if his girl suddenly decided to be with his rival? smile.gif

And the cinematics~ *___* I've yet to see better CG cutscenes, not counting the anime ones!

Well, aside from Advent Children, there's also the flopped Spirits Within, and the mediocre FFX. smile.gif And that trailer I saw for Magna Carta on the PS2 (remember, Viki?) is enough to rival Square, although I can't tell for sure until I get to play it.

Though Sephiroth's... scary. He looks like he's wearing make-up.

Agreed!!! laugh.gif

I only wish they would make a movie like that for FFVIII. *___*

Who knows? Square seems to be in the habit of making sequels to old games lately, just like Disney. You might still get your wish. smile.gif But did FF8 left a lot of loose ends for a movie to pick up on...?
wolfi1412
Sephiroth's really cool in KH, Cloud too!! Even Aerith!
Omakase Shimasu
*looks at MJ's post* Man, you really know how to crash my party, don't you? tongue.gif Ah well. It's a nice thing to daydream about, don't you think? And you've got a major point, regarding Seifer's ego. Hehe, makes for interesting shonen-ai stories, though. XD~

I missed Vincent in KH. OK, not really, but sis did. tongue.gif Cloud was enough for me. *__* And Leon. *__* And Winnie the Pooh. *__* No laughing, please. tongue.gif I love that bear~
MJHermi
I did? blink.gif I'm sorry!

But yeah, it's every fan's fantasy to have a movie created out of one's favorite anime/game/manga. I know I'm currently hoping for one for the PGSM live action I'm watching, especially since it's ending in three weeks.

Haha! I love Winnie the Pooh, too! I've even got the two books by AA Milne... okay, I salvaged those two books from my grandfather's library, but I really like it! biggrin.gif

Well... Auron is appearing in KH2. I'm not excited about that though, as I also prefer Vincent.
RolfKaese
why auron? there are about 10 ff games, and they choose one from the "latest"? how lame...
MJHermi
They probably thought Auron was cool or something. (shrug)
wolfi1412
talking about Winnie the Pooh.. he's just too cute!! my sis have a doll of him.. so cute!!!! ^^

where does Auron appears in KH?
Omakase Shimasu
I bet he's got a role similar to Sephiroth's. *nods* ...does this mean the characters from the previous games won't make a comeback? T__T Leon~ Cloud~ ........OK, OK, Sora~

Boy, didn't know there were more Winnie the Pooh lovers around here! biggrin.gif I feel all cuddly inside now~
MJHermi
where does Auron appears in KH?

He appears in KH2, not KH. Saw him in one of the trailers. Apparently, he's a little similar to how Cloud had been, i.e. he's working for Hades. So I suppose Sora has to fight against him.

I heard that the previous FF characters would also be returning, but I can't say for sure yet. I haven't seen any screenshots of them.
wolfi1412
when is KH2 going to be released?
MJHermi
There's a lot of said dates of its release, all of them unconfirmed. Here's a rundown on some of them:

12/30/2004 - Some say this is the release date for KH2 (Gamespot and EB Games), some say it's for KH: Chain of Memories for the GBA.
12/31/2004 - Release date from 1Up
1/11/2005 - Release date from Total Video Games
9/14/2005 - Another rumored date, not sure if it's Japan or US release
12/2005 - Worse rumored date I've seen so far, used to be posted in Gamespy, although they later retracted and changed it to 2004.

blink.gif

Note that 1Up hasn't been consistent with the release date either. They once said it should be out in the Japanese market by August 30 of this year. Obviously, this one wasn't true. In the meantime, The Magic Box is keeping quiet about it - i.e. no date is listed for any Kingdom Hearts games in its release list for this year.

All this, and we don't even know when KH:Chain of Memories would be released. And the story of KH:CoM supposedly comes between KH and KH2!
Omakase Shimasu
@__@ They just can't make up their minds. So annoying.
wolfi1412
yep... both games and movies never comes out in time
Omakase Shimasu
Heey, I just saw screenshots of KH 2. Micky~ *__* I kinda missed him in the first one, cuz' damned Rikku wouldn't let me pass him. <___<
Chibi Viki
*reads and rereads thread title*

ok, I'm lost... you guys are way off topic ^^;;
wolfi1412
yep it's way off... let's go back..
but, Kase there's more on kh2.net.. have u saw the trailer? it's so cool...

back to topic...
so... where are we anyways??
Quistis88
Oh, my goodness! ohmy.gif I am such a Seifer x Quistis fan! They just . . . fit. I even write fanfiction about it, that's how much of a crazy fan I am. If anyone is interested in reading it, you can find it at the following URL, entitled "Destiny Awaits":

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/166602/

It's, er . . . still in progress . . .
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif;; Sorry for the off-topicness-ess. (I'm sleepy, sue me)

Ah~ Quistis88 you're back~ I missed you! And somehow your favorite pairing doesn't surprise me. laugh.gif It would have been either Squall or Seifer. Even though I don't understand the pairing itself. tongue.gif
Quistis88
Omakase, you know me so well! biggrin.gif

Opposites attract, I suppose, and I am definitely referring to Quistis and Seifer in this case (it's just like Roy and Riza, only Quistis has little control over Seifer!).

I like Squall x Rinoa, too, but . . . too conventional! Cid x Edea is quite heart-warming though, especially because you can't really pair them off with anyone else! smile.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 15 2004, 11:37 PM)

Trailer? O__O Where?!

Haha, I'm also a loyal patron of opossite attractions. XD My Seifer x Squall is justified. Not that it needs any justifying or anything. cool.gif Sounds cool, though.
Chibi Viki
rotten vegetable are gonna be thrown at me for this but... irvinexquistis would've been funny, but irvinexselphie would've been pratical...

irvinexquitis would be like royxriza, hehehe... goofballxstrict

irvinexselphie because seplhie is just so sweet making irvine too guilty to cheat on her.

but then again, zellxselphie... oh well...

FFVIII was said to be the 1st romance-based FF rpg... didn't feel the love though... just all the pretty pretty FMVs :,3
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Sep 18 2004, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 15 2004, 11:37 PM)

Trailer? O__O Where?!

Haha, I'm also a loyal patron of opossite attractions. XD My Seifer x Squall is justified. Not that it needs any justifying or anything. cool.gif Sounds cool, though.

The Trailer

here you go kase!! it's not really good picture though.. but still great..
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 19 2004, 04:35 PM)
rotten vegetable are gonna be thrown at me for this but... irvinexquistis would've been funny, but irvinexselphie would've been pratical...

irvinexquitis would be like royxriza, hehehe... goofballxstrict

irvinexselphie because seplhie is just so sweet making irvine too guilty to cheat on her.

laugh.gif Not throwing any veggies yet!

Aaww, I like Irvine x Selphie and I thought it was a fan favorite. Surprisingly... it doesn't on this forum. Oh well.

Hmm, Irvine x Quistis. Now that's a new one. biggrin.gif I've seen almost every man available with her (Squall, Seifer, Kiros, Laguna - well, all good-looking men in any case tongue.gif) but never Irvine. Maybe because he chose Rinoa and Selphie over her at Galbadia Garden. biggrin.gif

And thanks wolfi I'm downloading it now! ^_~
wolfi1412
ur welcome Kase... np!
AoiSora
just becuase I vote in all the other FF pairing polls.

Yeah, for some reason with FF games I seem to like the main pairing.

so yeah, my vote was for Squall and Rinoa
wolfi1412
see??? SquallxRinoa is okay! so anyways, I don't know where are we... so I just jump!
Kasumi
Not too late to vote, right? My vote goes to SquallxRinoa. biggrin.gif
Lord Odenetheus
Irvine x Zell!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.