Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Sycia
ETA: Everyone who would like to discuss about FMA-1: CoS movie content, hope to see your posts on
You Opinions and Emotions After Watching the movie, let's talk about FMA-1 CoS movie here! thread and other discussion threads in this forum! :D

Phew. Okay, now I can type the summary out like a normal person instead of fumbling with the phone.

The movie was great overall (a few weak points here and there) but it really is a treat for loyal fans to the series. : ) It's in the details that fans will find delight in, so I truly recommend you to skip the spoilers and await the movie so you can have as much fun as I did throughout the show.

-- SPOILERS --

* Note: The sequence of events switching from the real world and the Hagaren world, I might've mixed up a bit... too many switches within the movie itself eh

Also, STOP asking WHEN the movie will be SUBBED. We've been asked this a gazillion times and this is not a fansub forum!. For the 1986753897685682th time it will be fansubbed when the DVDs come out in Japan (about half a year after the movie's release) so DON'T ASK anymore PLEASE.

We start off with a Alphonse Elric talking to the masked guy in a factory (Alphonse is in his armor form). The masked guy wants to sell / promote this little bomb he devised to the 'National Alchemist', but Alphonse is disgusted at the idea of it and Edward Elric soon arrives and it turns into a grand fight where masked man ends up using human alchemy to try and do something with a heap of dead bodies. Ed tries to stop him from performing the taboo, but it's too late. He gets sucked into the Gate (together with his bomb) and the vaporous castle they were in collasps. It's then revealed that the Ed and Al of that time were 15 and 14 respectively.

--

Ed is telling a laughing Alphonse Heiderich that tale while driving. He crashes the car in a ditch (lol) and they end up hitching a ride to their destination with a truckload of gypsys. One of them, Noah seems to be a little bit of an outcast, and she 'sees' things when she makes physical contact with Ed. Ed and Alphonse head to what looks like a carnival. There, Alphonse's pals (Alter!half-chimera gang minus Greed and snake-woman) and him set up a small rocket. Ed is uninterested and goes to rest in the truck. Meanwhile Noah is turned in to the Thule Society that wants to 'buy' her services. She flees, and Ed helps her escape.

He lets Noah stay at the place Alphonse and himself are renting. Apparently Gypsys are despised and hated as loose women who cheat men of their money because they don't have their own country, also snitching the jobs of others. Here we find out that Alter!Hughes (who I didn't pick up a name from, just 'omawari-san' meaning 'Mr Policeman') is one of those who is suspicious of Noah, and Ed makes fun of him to try 'proposing' to the landlady Gracia. Elsewhere the Thule Society starts getting ready for some decisive action...

Meanwhile in the Hagaren world, Winry talks to Sig who says Al went out on his own seeking Ed out. Izumi had taught him everything she knew. We see Al, walking in the middle of a desert, at his last drop of water from his tumbler. He claps both hands together and conjures a well (in the middle of a sand dune) that gushes water out (overkill! O_O). Then we see Winry paying a visit to Izumi's grave (the audience was O_O at that scene) where she finds Wrath nearby in a pathetic state, and offers to fix his battered-up automail. Somewhere else snowy, Havoc & Breda arrive at a small outpost (more like hut) looking for their 'Colonel', who's looking extremely pathetic standing a pile of snow at attention. Inside, he talks to his former subordinates as a lesser officer and even uses a MATCH to light Havoc's cigeratte, stating he hasn't used alchemy since the Bradley incident because it reminds him of his foolish actions (or the like, I don't remember). Havoc and Breda leave and sigh that they initially wanted to persuade Mustang back, but he seems set on staying a guard in the cruel cold. Armstrong's family is in Liol, trying to get the place back on its feet (haha, Armstrong's all sparkly as usual).

Back in the real world Ed and Noah are having lunch when a car drives by and Ed spots Bradley. He pursues the man and knocks his driver out, demanding to know why a Homoculus is still in this world. Bradley is confused. He turns out a regular human, Alter!Bradley, otherwise known as Mabuse, a movie maker. He leads Ed to a castle (well Ed knocked his driver out so had to drive Mabuse there) where he says he's being gone after by a 'dragon'. Rather, a large snake. Ed goes up the tower, half decided on getting outta there when he realizes the threat is real, looking at the damage done to the interior. He's shocked when a very, VERY familiar voice calls his name, and out bursts the green serpent we last saw Envy transform into before diving into the Gate. Serpent!Envy tries to devour Ed, but is attacked at all sides by the Thule Society with gun-mounted planes and stakes (>_< NOOO!!! ENVY!!!!!). The Thule Society's leader, Dietlinde Eckart has Ed held and is somewhat surprised to learn his name, then has someone knock him out with some gas. Serpent!Envy is taken away by planes.

The Thule Society uses Envy as part of their little 'magical circle' and try to get a link to the 'other world'. Envy's head launches to what little we can make out as Hohenheim. Light envelops the place and some people within armors (a lot of variations including the type Alphonse's spirit was trapped in) are transported to the other world.

Liol is suddenly invaded and attacked by the armored warriors. Most civilians are helpless but along comes Al, who transfers a part of his soul into the armors and makes them fight for him. He then alchemizes a tornado to sweep up the remaining armors.

Back in the Thule Society's lair, the armors return due to the 'magic circle' being incomplete. They're all dead, and Ed turns up to interrupt the party. He's shot at, so dives into the heap o armors, suddenly hearing one of them speak in Al's voice. It is an armor that is the exact model he forced his brother's spirit into years go, speaking to him. They fight their way out and talk by a river. Because Al has transferred part of his spirit into the armors, he can communicate with Ed now, but eventually he fades away, leaving Ed alone.

Ed returns to his room. Alphonse and Noah realize he's a little more cheerful than usual. Ed says he may have found a way back. A short while later Alphonse is looked up by a member of the Thule Society wanting to employ his services. That member also talks to Noah for a bit, all this going on without Ed knowing

Back in the Hagaren world, Al is happy at having met Ed at long last. He goes to Central to find some answers. Roy has heard of the invasion and heads to Central too. Winry too, heads there.

Ed meets Bradley again, who talks about the upcoming war and all (during which Alter!Lyla appears for a bit, snobbishly ignoring Ed). Ed decides to intervene with Thule Society's plans. He goes back home and tries to persuade Alphonse to stop helping the Thule Society because his research will only help with the war. Alphonse will have none of it and knocks Ed aside, then coughs blood out (TB?!) claiming that he just wants to leave a mark in this world, HIS world. He leaves.

Hagaren world. Roy is paying a visit to Hughes' grave. Wrath finds Al and leads him to that underground city (when asked why? Wrath just replies something like, 'It don't matter anymore'). Al tries to create a link to our world there, but something is lacking and he doesn't know what. Then a strange grey monstrosity appears. Gluttony, looking very big, ugly and undoubtably hungry. It attacks Wrath, who doesn't actually stand much of a chance until he eats a bit of the 'red stones' leaking from Gluttony. He kinda powers up and rips off a few .... apendages from Gluttony but is overpowered anyway. He finally lands on the Alchemy circle Al just made and rams the automail arm into the middle of it, driving it into rock firmly. Gluttony has, by that time managed to close his large, uncaring jaws upon the younger-looking Homoculus. His blood soaks the ground and Wrath yells to Al to use them both (Gluttony and him) as the exchange to open the Gate to that other world. Al hesitates a bit, but does it when Wrath says it's what he brought Al there for. We then see Wrath looking quite human (um, naked) standing in front of the Gate. It opens and there stands Izumi who welcomes him into her arms, then they disappear. Meanwhile, Winry and Scieszka walk to Hughes' grave to find a bunch of white flowers there already. They think it might've been Gracia and Elisia.

Our world. Ed is back at the Thule Society's lair. He inspects the 'magic circle' and dismisses it as child's play at first until realizing it's an alchemy one. Being the alchemist he is, he completes it. Then wondering what he's doing, touches it with his hands & gloves stained with his blood (he cut himself on some glass while creeping into the place), and the whole thing lights up. He stops in horror, then the Thule Society people come out and persuade him to carry on. He looks up at one point at Envy, and sees Hohenheim in the serpent's jaws, STILL alive. Apparently that was the only way the Thule could get the serpent to calm down. Hohenheim wants his son to return to his world, and closes the serpents jaws upon himself, going in a huge fountain of blood (I never knew a human had that much in him) with Ed screaming. The Thule are happy they're getting what they want. Noah is there to do their bidding; she remembers Alchemy circles from Ed's memory and is helping them because she wants to go to Ed's world (what they all call 'Shambala') because she faces so much persecution in this one. Having no more use for Ed, Dietlinde shoots him (THE b*tch!)(*&$()!^). Fortunately she only hit his mechanical arm and he only passed out to be strapped into the seat of an aircraft Alphonse has made while working for the Thule. Alphonse wants Ed to be happy, to go back to where he came from, so in the midst of the Thule sending off crafts and crafts of their armored warriors into the opened portal leading to 'Shamabala', he sends Ed (who's not all that willing to leave Alphonse behind) on his way. Sadly after Ed leaves, a Thule member who witnessed the deed, shoots Alphonse (-_-;). Noah is going, "TAKE ME WITH YOU!" as she sees Ed head into the portal, but he leaves without her.

Hagaren world. Well, the Thule crafts have somehow managed to break from of those lil black arms thingies (within the Gate) and have burst right out through Al's Alchemy circle. He's not sure what to think of it at first. Winry and Schiezka were creeping through some tunnel when it collasps under the impact of Thule's crafts wrecking havoc in the underground city and they find Al. A smaller craft comes through and crashes at a site near them, and when the smoke clears they find Ed on the ground whincing. Winry runs up and goes, "And just where have you been?" (awwwww) It suddenly dawns upon Al what terrible things are pouring out of the portal and he runs off in shock. Ed tries to follow but his mechanical leg is mangled beyond repair. This is when Winry smiles and opens that large briefcase she's been carrying all the while. It's Ed's automail limbs. She knows roughly how much he's grown and starts to get to work fixing them back on him.

Central is under attack. People are getting shot down by the armored warriors of the Thule and the millitary isn't holding up too well. While Hawkeye's sharpshooting through the armor's breathing holes does take a few down, they are too great in numbers. Even when Armstrong arrives to help they are still fighting a losing battle. This is when Roy Mustang makes his grans re-entrance into the scene. He well... blows them up and barks out commands to his subordinates (Breda, Hawkeye, Fury and that guy who used to be under Hughes) like in the old days when he was a Colonel. Though he's a corporal, his subordinates still call him Colonel and follow his command (:D). Hawkeye remains after the others have gone off, remaining in a salute while smiling to Roy.

Al is roaming the town getting more desperate at the terror he unleashed. He nearly even tries to resurrect a child crushed by debris before being stopped by Ed who reminds him of the taboo. 'You only wanted to bring me home.' But nonetheless, this war is their fault and they ahve to stop it.

War scene gets real grand and fun with Roy, Al and Ed fighting together against a borderline Dietlinde, who has deemed the inhabitants of 'Shamabala' (the Hagaren world) not fit to live since they aren't the same as she is (she doesn't even think them human). Ed and her are matched evenly in a one-on-one fight but she calls on more of her armored fighters to corner him. Fortunately Al had taken control of them (by transferring part of his soul into them) and they beat Dietlinde.

Ed knows the war will continue unless he goes BACK to the other world to destroy the Alchemy circle allowing the Thule access to their world. He separates himself from Al and Roy, and goes back (poor Al is crying at this). Ah yes, before he leaves, Ed tells Al to 'take care of Winry'...

Ed returns to find Noah holding a dead Alphonse. Dietlinde is gone. Then from a familiar armor comes Al's voice. Ed thinks it's just part of Al's soul talking to him again, but out pops his little brother from inside! He snuck back on, unwilling to be separated again. Says Roy would've by now destroyed their world's portal, and he (Al) wants to continue his travels with Ed like they did 2 years ago (this is where Ed realizes Al has regained the missing part of his memory!) :D

Character endings: Winry is no longer waiting for them (woman's intiution; she knows they aren't coming back), she's doing her own auto-mail research. For some odd reason, Armstrong is at Pinako's place playing with plenty of kids. Roze too. Alter!Hughes is stalking Gracia (okay okay he tried to go up and talk to her at last). Hey where's Roy's ending?!

The final ending is Ed, Al and Noah hitching a ride. The former 2 look at the 2 people in the front seats of the truck they're getting on and smile. It's Alter!Scar and Alter!Lust (the audience was laughing XD)... The ending dialogue is Ed saying they can't detach themselves completely from this world (and the upcoming war) because now it is theirs.

END

-----

NOTES:

Gah what a long summary *dies*

Please do correct me if you see any mistakes. : )

What happened to Roy and Rize eventually, wasn't specified.

NOTE: This summary is still being fixed and proof-read and can be changed at any time.

AND DON'T ASK WHEN THE FANSUBS WILL BE OUT
MSqre
Ahh.!! Must resist temptation to read summary... not resisting well. >.<
Keos
Wow, thanks for that very detailed and entertaining summary. I didn't want to spoil myself completely, so I sort of scanned through it. But, oh man, I wish the ending wasn't that way :'( :'( :'( *cries unashamedly*!!

Oh man, this ending is so like one of those sensible fanfictions, yet so unsatisfactory!! I'm a huge Edwin fan, and what happened to them???!!! *throws herself down to cry some more*

They'd better make a sequel or another movie despite what they've been saying! They've brought it upon themselves to finish such an incomplete looking ending! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Edo-mame
No Roy ending?? Winry losing her bestfriends, again, Izumi-sensei already dead, Wrath is a good boy now but he dies horribly, no Royai, brothers not in own world ;___; Even though the brothers reunite and stay together it's still so sad sad.gif

I don't think it's likely that there will be a continuation from the looks of Edo's ending dialogue, he isn't really the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore ;__;

Thanx for the summary Sycia
Kennethffx2
Hi! How long was the movie? I didnt read the spoilers...heh. I resisted...but you never know. I might be up one night at 3:00am reading it cuz i cant sleep. lol. So how long was it? tongue.gif
xrninja
thanks so much for writing the summary for us non-Japan-ers, Sycia! i appreciate it a lot, even if reading this is depressing me...
Keos
All I've got to say is that the producers/story-writers/directors must have been off their their heads when they said that fans would be satisfied >.> Tell me - is anyone here who've read the spoilers and/or watched the film truly satisfied? I'm making judgements before I've seen the film, but regardless I know now what will happen and the story has no satisfying ending to me.
Siobhain_chan
Thanks, Sycia^^

Poor Wrath ;_;

Im so glad we see Alter!Scar and Alter!Lust together, ever if only for a minuter biggrin.gif

But..Roy? HE couldve died and we wouldnt know it....
Sycia
Movie was about 1 h 50 minutes... (I think)

Hmmm I was pretty satisfied... Roy got back up on his feet, Riza was there waiting for him and all.
Keos
Well, that's good to hear I suppose. Guess it depends on what you were looking for in the film. Did they have a big moment or anything? I'm an Edwin fan, so I'm mainly looking for some way they would get together.... if they don't .... screw the ending. And if they do but no one else gets together happily, then screw the ending as well. *sigh*
NightMistress
Actually there is some EdWin and you can read it here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...338.html#cutid1
Winry had big case, remember? There were Ed's new automail parts, leg and arm. He said - Hey, I'm growing, and she said - I knew how much you'll grow. So leg and arm fitted perfectly. What is love.
Amd, also, when Ed came back, Winry held him, and he blushed... that was one of the best scenes.
Also, Ed had dream about saying something to Winry, like, it was nice, when he said her name in dream (EdWin fans crying in joy happy.gif)

At least something satisfying happened with them.
Kennethffx2
Ok i read the spoiler..lol. I couldnt resist. here are some mistakes.

Hagaren world. Roy is paying a visit to Hughes' grave. Wrath finds Al and leds him to that underground city (when asked why? Wrath just replies something like, 'It don't matter anymore'). Al tries to create a link to the our world there,

First mistake should be lead
Second mistake doesn't make sense. Change it to to our world
Siobhain_chan
Yeah. Like I was looking For RoyxRiza.

And for Wrath to live. Oh, well. At least he's with Izumi now.

But. Roy and Envy. Are they alive, or dead? >.>

Im still estatic we saw Scar and Lust. Two of my favorite characters.
Keos
QUOTE("NightMistress")

Winry had big case, remember? There were Ed's new automail parts, leg and arm. He said - Hey, I'm growing, and she said - I knew how much you'll grow. So leg and arm fitted perfectly. What is love.
Amd, also, when Ed came back, Winry held him, and he blushed... that was one of the best scenes.
Also, Ed had dream about saying something to Winry, like, it was nice, when he said her name in dream (EdWin fans crying in joy )

Yeah, I've noticed that you're a Royai fan, so compared to them, Edwin had some satisfying stuff happening. *pat pat* Can't deny the ending ruined possibilities of anything else though. The flower bud was picked before it could fully bloom.
Sycia
QUOTE(Kennethffx2 @ Jul 23 2005, 07:14 PM)
Hagaren world. Roy is paying a visit to Hughes' grave. Wrath finds Al and leds him to that underground city (when asked why? Wrath just replies something like, 'It don't matter anymore'). Al tries to create a link to the our world there,

First mistake should be lead
Second mistake doesn't make sense. Change it to    to our world
[snapback]224031[/snapback]

Thanks, fixed!
NightMistress
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 23 2005, 05:22 AM)
QUOTE("NightMistress")

Also, Ed had dream about saying something to Winry, like, it was nice, when he said her name in dream (EdWin fans crying in joy )

Yeah, I've noticed that you're a Royai fan, so compared to them, Edwin had some satisfying stuff happening. *pat pat* Can't deny the ending ruined possibilities of anything else though. The flower bud was picked before it could fully bloom.
[snapback]224033[/snapback]

LOL! I like Royai and EdWin. Royai is just nearer and dearer to my heart (but not by too many leaps and bounds). I guess their (Royai) situation really was so dissatisfying that I'd take an EdWin moment like this and call it satisfying. Under normal circumstances, I would be very very VERY upset I suppose. I agree about the ending. Shoots down any possibility, but I'm also a HughesRoy supporter and we know how that ends up. Just depends on your view I suppose. At least this situation was an undeniable feeling of budding love.
Siobhain_chan
LOL! I like Royai and EdWin. Royai is just nearer and dearer to my heart (but not by too many leaps and bounds). I guess their (Royai) situation really was so dissatisfying that I'd take an EdWin moment like this and call it satisfying. Under normal circumstances, I would be very very VERY upset I suppose. I agree about the ending. Shoots down any possibility, but I'm also a HughesRoy supporter and we know how that ends up. Just depends on your view I suppose. At least this situation was an undeniable feeling of budding love.

Aw. I love both too, but sadly, neither really happened. But, maybe if you actually see it, you can feel something between Roy and Riza?
NightMistress
Yeah, the same stuff I felt from the beginning all the way through ep 51 and the manga. Anyways, once again, I praise the manga. Thank you Arakawa-sensei for giving these types of things the actual ATTENTION it is supposed to have.
Keos
@NightMistress:

^ ^;; I see.... I've been on these forums for a while now, just never made a permanent account, so I've read your posts about Edwin or Royai before as well as other fans.

@Siobhain_chan:

Mm.... the Japanese (or the animes) are too subtle and who knows? *sigh*, I think yes there is something and you can infer that from what they say about each other etc etc. Nothing beats "official confirmation" though.
Siobhain_chan
Keos- Yeah. I really wish, it showed them sharing a house or something at least, if only a two second scene.

Because they wrecked the gates, its impossible for the brothers to get home, so I doubt a sequel. But, Id love one, just to follow up on the characters lifes or something xD
Keos
Same same... bet heaps of fans speak that way. Maybe they'll make a petition or something.
Siobhain_chan
If they did, Id sign in a heartbeat. I mean, even if there's no action....the characters alone, are enough to make a great movie.

But....something I forgot..Armstrong playing with a bunch of kids? -tries to picture it- xD Its so weird.
Pink_Haro
THANKS SYCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*glomps Sycia*

but it's abit sad to leave Winry behind~~~ Ed still needs Winry to change his automail,no?(since he's STILL growing) XDXDXDXD but I'm happy for the fact that FINALLY Al, manage to get together with Ed! ^^ CHEERS FMA-fans!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Was it so much to ask that they end up in their own world?
Electrastar
What a rip.....We don't know what happened to Roy or to Riza...they're such important characters....what gives....(thank God the manga is still going),
Oh, and I cheered when I read that Izumi's dead....God I hated her biggrin.gif
Arakawamustdie
I'm killing Arakawa

Any objections
QUOTE(Arakawamustdie @ Jul 23 2005, 06:58 AM)
I'm killing Arakawa

Any objections
[snapback]224076[/snapback]

Why do you want to kill her when she has nothing to do with the sh*t in the anime and the movie?
theguywhowrotethestoryforthemovi
Nevermind then..

someone must pay though
Anime and movie are much better than manga imo
Keos
You know? I reckon what they could have done was create a character... probably use Hughes and Noah and maybe someone else - get them to come to the Hagaren world with Ed - then, when Ed's like "I got to go back and destroy the transmutation circle so the war will stop..." - Hughes and Noah and mystery person will offer to go back saying this is where he belonged and he did not need to worry about their world - he has done all he needed to do for them etc etc. So, with iron determination and capabilities, Hughes, Noah and mystery person go back to our world to destroy the circle and the way to travel between worlds. Ed, Al and people in Hagaren live happily ever after with some sign that Hughes, Noah and mystery person indeed destroyed the circle as no more baddies are coming to their world anymore. The End.

The worst thing is involving Ed and Al in World War II dilemma and the holocaust. As this show started out as fantasy, it makes me feel better that it stays that way and stay as far away from real-world events as possible. Happy endings come out of that far more easily.
Sycia
Watch the movie yourself first before passing judgement. : )

Meer words just don't translate the complete feel anyway. I'm only listing down the events.
Kirara
Thank you so much for doing this Sycia, although I do wish I could have resisted the urge to read this. Anyways here are some impressions of this summary and some other reviews I've read.

The Good

The Ending: Somehow Bones managed to get the brothers back together and not make it cheesy happily ever after. I personally like that Ed and Al will stay in our world to do whatever good that they can in a world that will soon be at war. With all the hardships they are about to face, at least they have each other and that is a major consolation.

Hohenheim is still a good guy. I was kind of worried after the last episode when he was talking with members of the Thule society.

I am happy with all the FMA world' character's ending: Winry is depending on herself and I expect Roy taking charge again and being supported by the others (including Riza) is Roy's ending.

The Bad

Alter Hughes in the group that started the nazis. What the.... Okay I totally predicted that wrong I thought there would be no way that Hughes would be a nazi. Well my only consolation is he isn't the real Hughes and from the summary it doesn't seem the alter characters are very much like their counterpart. But maybe alter Hughes will be a good guy because of alter Glacier.

Al putting his soul in the armor. How on earth can he do this. What is the equivalent exchange?

And I am sorry that all the romance fans are disappointed but frankly FMA was always about Ed and Al. Besides there is always the manga where there is more time for romance to develop.
Satsuka
BONES better make a sequel or else.........
Magellen
I can't wait to see the movie! Thanks so much for posting a summary!
Guesty McGuestinstein
I couldn't read the whole summary, way to dizzying, but I do have one question: Did Dante appear in the movie? At all? I know I read some stuff about Gluttony when I was skimming it, but what happened to Dante? And what happened to Envy? The last I remember reading about him was when he kills Hoheneim.
Meo
Thank you for the summary~! Now, to see the real thing. >_<

Dante was probably killed by Gluttony at the end of ep51... o.o Because if Gluttony survived in the movie, Dante's was probably eaten.. Or Rotted.

Maybe Envy was used as equivalent exchange? I have no idea. xB

I'm just assuming things though, so don't take them seriously. biggrin.gif
Grengo
Man, that's depressing. sleep.gif
Guesty McGuestinstein
Something else that I've been wondering since I saw the last episode: Why does Ed have his artificial limbs in our world? Did he lose them again when he brought back Al?
What we really have to be asking is: Is Ed taller than Winry or Al yet? tongue.gif
Kinbari-chan
Thanks Sycia so much for the full summary! I've been looking forward to it since I'm the type that likes to spoil myself. happy.gif Anyways hoping a fansub will be released soon enough! Thanks again.
Guest_Mystery_*
That ending sucks!!*Cries* I want to see Win and ed get together! They better make a sequel to that movie!!
edochick
*cries* I tried, I tried not to spoil it for myself but I couldn't help it!! The ending is good but it still makes me want to cry rolleyes.gif Poor Winry...wonder how she feels about all this...*sigh* now I want to see it more than ever T_T
_alchemist
god the ending is so unsatisfying and leaves PLOT HOLES DAMNIT!

i really doubt that the ending dialogue [i.e. Ed saying that this is their world now] proved to be a *conclusion* to the entire series. BONES definetely has something cooking up their sleeves. I mean, since the FMA fandom is like, freaking huge, they would not just drop the series and not make more money off of us rabid fans!

i demand a sequel!

and wtf, they didn't even resolve Roy's ending??!! mad.gif mad.gif
andres higuera
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 23 2005, 02:11 AM)
Also, Ed had dream about saying something to Winry, like, it was nice, when he said her name in dream (EdWin fans crying in joy happy.gif)

[snapback]224030[/snapback]

How tall is Ed supposedly in the movie?
And is Roy,Riza,Winry,and Hommneim alive?
Does anybody have a height chart?
And did Envy finally get killed?
And what happened to Ed and Al?
Many thanks for the summary, Sycia! Well done! happy.gif
dzioo
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 23 2005, 04:34 PM)
....when Ed's like "I got to go back and destroy the transmutation circle so the war will stop..."
[snapback]224095[/snapback]

and that's where my main question is born - do they gestroy the GATE itself or only the transmutation circles?? it's out of curiosity, i won't be able to see the movie until the dvd is out anyways so i wanted to ask someone who has already seen it. thanks for helping
Guest_nick_*
Its about Ed and Al, and the ending is perfect! They're with their memories, and in a brand new world that they have to save. Isn't that good enough>? TOo many people needed a love saga, the movie wasnt meant to start that, it was meant to finish.

LOVED it, it was perfect, minus at least a Roy Riza kiss to signal theyre together for good, not just a salute saying "ill serve u".

I would totally oppose a sequel. Why ruin a good thing, especially since the manga is still going?>
Fox Chimera of Sins
What a bad ending! There's so many questions unanswered! *writing angry letters to BONES demanding a sequel with a good ending to the series*. And I want to know what happened to Envy! sad.gif

By the way; Thanks for the summary, Sycia!
NightMistress
QUOTE(Guest_nick_* @ Jul 23 2005, 05:10 PM)
Its about Ed and Al, and the ending is perfect! They're with their memories, and in a brand new world that they have to save. Isn't that good enough>? TOo many people needed a love saga, the movie wasnt meant to start that, it was meant to finish.

LOVED it, it was perfect, minus at least a Roy Riza kiss to signal theyre together for good, not just a salute saying "ill serve u".

I would totally oppose a sequel. Why ruin a good thing, especially since the manga is still going?>
[snapback]224395[/snapback]

I surely didn't want a love saga. I am totally aware that that isn't what it's about. However, when there are articles released that say we'll see what happens between Roy and Riza during the two years post ep 51, we're expecting to see it since a lot of people were pushing for them. While a kiss would have made me float to the rooftop, they didn't even need that for me to be okay. Just an actual ENDING to see what they were doing would have been sufficient (along with something remotely affectionate like a hug or holding a hand). I know that whatever it was they'd be together anyway. But my point is that we didn't even get that! Maybe it's because Roy is my favourite character which is why I'm so upset about this. You can't give Pinako and Armstrong an ending, yet completely shaft Roy and Riza. Ep 51 seems like it had more closure than this movie. mad.gif
_alchemist
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 23 2005, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE(Guest_nick_* @ Jul 23 2005, 05:10 PM)

[snapback]224395[/snapback]

Ep 51 seems like it had more closure than this movie. mad.gif
[snapback]224402[/snapback]

^ i second that. i mean, even though episode 51 left a huge plot hole [which was SUPPOSED to be filled up by the movie], the movie itself gives leeway for another sequel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.