Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Automne
QUOTE(fishy Posted Today @ 03:57 AM)
Q: Does anybody have a height chart?
A: No, but if someone did Ed would have destroyed it immediatly. I think the only person shorter than him was Nina, and she's a toddler.

Actually, yes, a height chart exists.
Jedi28
Ed grew in the movie, Al even tells him "You've gotten taller" but Ed is still pretty short. He's about the same size as 13 year-old Al but he's shorter than 17 year-old Alphonse Heindreich (Ed is 18 remember). He's also WAY shorter than Noah. When they're running from the bad guys you can see how short he is and when he goes over later to give her some food he's so short in comparison that it almost looks like a child running to give something to his mom. biggrin.gif Also, when Ed saves Noah from the bad guys you'll notice he's shorter than all of them AND he's shorter than the main evil bad chick. So he's grown but not enough to make him not short. He's also still shorter than Roy.
Ishbal~Alchemist
I just got the movie on DVD!!! YAY!!!
MeLRizA
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 24 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]367866[/snapback]

He's also still shorter than Roy.

i like it, this is a nice fact, he's way shorter than Roy... and i like the way you said how short ed was in the movie... *evil smirk* laugh.gif he's really small & short..ど ちぴ

QUOTE(Ishbal~Alchemist @ May 10 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]393338[/snapback]

I just got the movie on DVD!!! YAY!!!

i've always been searching n waiting for the DVD and i had to wait longer... sad.gif sobs...
Kel
I don't really know what happened to envy...come to think of it I dont think they even showed his death? oh well. I don't really care that much. (wasnt the homunculi's goal to become human? it wasnt just lust. dante had promised them humanity)

Oh, and there is a fansub out. The subs start repeating near the end but it corrects itself relatively quickely. Here is is :3
Ishbal~Alchemist
[/quote]
i've always been searching n waiting for the DVD and i had to wait longer... sad.gif sobs...
[/quote]
You can get the DVD here
Fullmini Alchemist
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 23 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]367866[/snapback]

Ed grew in the movie, Al even tells him "You've gotten taller" but Ed is still pretty short. He's about the same size as 13 year-old Al but he's shorter than 17 year-old Alphonse Heindreich (Ed is 18 remember). He's also WAY shorter than Noah. When they're running from the bad guys you can see how short he is and when he goes over later to give her some food he's so short in comparison that it almost looks like a child running to give something to his mom. biggrin.gif Also, when Ed saves Noah from the bad guys you'll notice he's shorter than all of them AND he's shorter than the main evil bad chick. So he's grown but not enough to make him not short. He's also still shorter than Roy.

Isn't he like 140 something centimeters?? That makes him like 5 4' or something, thats not really short for a 15 year old....
zanirii_master
well he's is short 'cause he's is a genious so it's improbable that he grow more.

I don't think that he's so short, it's only 'cause he's in a mission of adults and the others see him like a little one.
Jayster007
QUOTE(Fullmini Alchemist @ May 21 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]399099[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 23 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]367866[/snapback]

Isn't he like 140 something centimeters?? That makes him like 5 4' or something, thats not really short for a 15 year old....

Dude, I'm only 14 and I'm 8 2'. There's also this guy in my town who's 13 and is 9 6'!! Either Ed is just plain short or the people in my town are just too tall. lol!
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Jayster007 @ lisence to make crazy claims.)
Dude, I'm only 14 and I'm 8 2'. There's also this guy in my town who's 13 and is 9 6'!!

Yeah..No wait, that sounds plain Insane. Please tell me you're joking. Please...

You see according to the Guiness book of World records;
The tallest man in medical history for whom there is irrefutable evidence is Robert Pershing Wadlow. He was born at Alton, Illinois, USA, on February 22, 1918, and when he was last measured on June 27, 1940, was found to be 2.72 m (8 ft 11.1 in) tall.

You understand why I think you're full of "it" then or you come from a town of Giants*.
You see: A "foot" (not the kind you put in socks) is 12 inches in length or even hight. An inch is about the size of a tiny wooden person.
It would take: 114 tiny wooden men to stack to the hight of your "friend" and 98 to match you and buddy, I just don't buy that. I demand clear photographic evidence of you being as tall as you claim or you will be disgracing the number: 007.

*Please don't smash my village.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Jayster007 @ Jul 16 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]422389[/snapback]

Dude, I'm only 14 and I'm 8 2'. There's also this guy in my town who's 13 and is 9 6'!! Either Ed is just plain short or the people in my town are just too tall. lol!

How do I put this? Freak show! Or clearly a lie or a diffrent form of measuring.
The_Silver_Alchemist
Keos:
"Well, that's good to hear I suppose. Guess it depends on what you were looking for in the film. Did they have a big moment or anything? I'm an Edwin fan, so I'm mainly looking for some way they would get together.... if they don't .... screw the ending. And if they do but no one else gets together happily, then screw the ending as well. *sigh* "

Dont know if some one said this already but theres and OVA of 100 yr. old Ed and he;s got grandchildren and 1 looks like him, one like Al and one like Winry. So there is a possiblilty that Ed and Win got together, how else would there be a kid that looked like her unless, there related or theres something the writers arent telling us...a possible sequel and the making???

You can see the OVA here!!!
~Rayne~
Wow. I saw the movie like a month ago and I think it just now REALLY dawned on me that Ed really isn't the Fullmetal Alchemist. Sure, he'll keep the title, but when I keep reading people saying that and I keep on thinking back on all the episodes, it make so sad! I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about it... and I don't cry very easily. Honestly, I didn't like the ending. I REALLY thought that they should've stay in their world!!!! I was really against the fact that they left! I mean honestly, Ed didn't seem THAT upset about leaving Winry, neither Alphonse. And what's up with Roy?! They didn't even show him in the end! All together I'd give it a 6/10. It was good, but the ending really blew it. I'm not asking for a 'perfect' ending, well... maybe I am but did ALPHONSE REALLY HAVE TO GO TOO? I would've rathered Al go then Ed just 'cause I'm a big Ed/Win fan and they COMPLETELY RUINED it after the movie. And I mean completely. Unless Ed goes back (which I'm 100% sure he doesn't, even after seeing the OVA) God, it's just so sad. I'm sorry, and I LOVE FMA but it's almost like all the show was a waste. Al got his body back, sure... but... I could ramble ALL day but I'm not because I know a lot of you guys would disagree. Not that I think the show was a waste, but I don't know, I think some of you would know what I mean. But the saddest part is that: Ed isn't the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore. WAIT! I HAVE IT!!! AFTER ALL THIS LONG RAMBLING I FINALLY HAVE FOUND THE ONE STATEMENT THAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE::::::: The end of the movie ruined the whole 'alchemy' theme. Ruined the whole NAME of the show! Does that make any sense!?
Winter Phantom
I saw the movie in Youtube and it...WAS SO GOOD!!! I even watched the Chibi Movie After Party and well,Winry almost or DID,kill Ed because she saw the pic from the mind reading scene with Noa."I've been worrying about you and all you did was fool around with girls!!"or"NO!! What..Is..This..Girl..To..You!!" ^o^ She was Drunk with Milk,I think.dry.gif No wonder Ed calls milk evil.(lol) (I only think of Ed and Winry as Brother and Sister.Even Hughes said it.)I agree,the hug scene was cute.And I don't really like Noa,since she went though Desperate Measures to go to Ed's World.Plus, T-T Everyone thought he was in a relationship Boyfriend-Girlfriend with her! That was kinda annoying..(I'm a Ed fan girl,Don't blame me!!!)But anyway,The movie was really great.A friend of mine already has it.
Chiyo
She was drunk on Sake, on alcohol, like most people get drunk on alcohol rather than milk.
TheRainbowConnection
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 5 2007, 07:41 AM) [snapback]539352[/snapback]
She was drunk on Sake, on alcohol, like most people get drunk on alcohol rather than milk.

...if by "most", you mean "all". >_>
flameshaft
ok, i am way too lazy to read the entire topic with all the replies, so forgive me if anyone already made these corrections.

Liol is suddenly invaded and attacked by the armored warriors. Most civilians are helpless but along comes Al, who transfers a part of his soul into the armors and makes them fight for him. He then alchemizes a tornado to sweep up the remaining armors.

Back in the Thule Society's lair, the armors return due to the 'magic circle' being incomplete. They're all dead, and Ed turns up to interrupt the party. He's shot at, so dives into the heap o armors, suddenly hearing one of them speak in Al's voice. It is an armor that is the exact model he forced his brother's spirit into years go, speaking to him. They fight their way out and talk by a river. Because Al has transferred part of his spirit into the armors, he can communicate with Ed now, but eventually he fades away, leaving Ed alone.

al doesn't alchemize the tornado, if i remember right, but it just happens, and he tries to follow by hanging on to an armor's leg. winry (i think) doesn't let him go, however.

ed doesn't interrupt the party. he sneaks in and finds the 'magic circle' incomplete, and can't help himself, finishes it. he realizes that it is a transmutation circle (says something like: "wait a second, this is not some stupid magic circle, it is alchemy!"), and he wipes his face, unconsciously taking blood from his cut, and presses his hands on the circle. that is what activates the circle and brings back the armors.

Our world. Ed is back at the Thule Society's lair. He inspects the 'magic circle' and dismisses it as child's play at first until realizing it's an alchemy one. Being the alchemist he is, he completes it. Then wondering what he's doing, touches it with his hands & gloves stained with his blood (he cut himself on some glass while creeping into the place), and the whole thing lights up. He stops in horror, then the Thule Society people come out and persuade him to carry on. He looks up at one point at Envy, and sees Hohenheim in the serpent's jaws, STILL alive. Apparently that was the only way the Thule could get the serpent to calm down. Hohenheim wants his son to return to his world, and closes the serpents jaws upon himself, going in a huge fountain of blood (I never knew a human had that much in him) with Ed screaming. The Thule are happy they're getting what they want. Noah is there to do their bidding; she remembers Alchemy circles from Ed's memory and is helping them because she wants to go to Ed's world (what they all call 'Shambala') because she faces so much persecution in this one. Having no more use for Ed, Dietlinde shoots him (THE b*tch!)(*&$()!^). Fortunately she only hit his mechanical arm and he only passed out to be strapped into the seat of an aircraft Alphonse has made while working for the Thule. Alphonse wants Ed to be happy, to go back to where he came from, so in the midst of the Thule sending off crafts and crafts of their armored warriors into the opened portal leading to 'Shamabala', he sends Ed (who's not all that willing to leave Alphonse behind) on his way. Sadly after Ed leaves, a Thule member who witnessed the deed, shoots Alphonse (sleep.gifwink.gif. Noah is going, "TAKE ME WITH YOU!" as she sees Ed head into the portal, but he leaves without her.

the first part of this paragraph is corrected in the correction of the one above. the scene opens with noah next to eckhart, and they are talking about what noah found out about alchemy from ed's memory, and we see people painting a transmutation circle (looks the same as the ones used in the anime, i think for human transmutation). noah talks of something about running the energy or something, and she holds out her hands. suddenly the circle lights up, and eckhart says someone is trying to open it from the other side (al) ed jumps in from the window, and i think eckhart says something about they can't seem to do anything without ed jumping in. he tries to stop noah and eckhart, but eckhart shoots him, hitting his mechanical arm, etc. i think the part with hohenheim killing himself is around this part of the movie, but i am not sure. i only watched the movie once, so my memory might not be that good.
Tombow
<Program Note>

@kazare and iWantLust and LoveFullmetalAlchemist - I moved your post (BTW, welcome to our board!! ^^) to You Emotions After Watching the movie, let's talk about FMA movie here! thread. smile.gif

Everyone who would like to discuss FMA: COS movie content, hope to see your posts on
You Opinions and Emotions After Watching the movie, let's talk about FMA-1 CoS movie here! thread and other discussion threads in this forum! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.