Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
AliCat
There is no date set for the American release of the movie. I don't even know if the movie has gotten licensed yet. Funimation is still working on getting the series DVD's released, and they won't drop everything and release the movie before the series is done.

My bet is November or December at the earliest, and I think that's stretching it, concidering Volume 8 doesn't hit stores until March 7.
TheLaughingMan9
cool. i can wait.
Alphonse_Elric_0
*cries* I can't! I haven't seen anything about it yet! I so cannot wait to see it! I look for pics to soothe my need for FMA though, I have five pages in photobucket, a few of what I have done myself *grins* Check it out if you like! biggrin.gif

http://photobucket.com/albums/v405/jasmine...20pics/?start=0
The Trooper
I just read the summary and the movie seemed pretty good at first; except I didn't like it when Wrath died, he was my favorite character and he had the best name. However, the ending was horrible! It was almost insulting! First of all, what happened to Mustang and Hawkeye? There was no satisfying Roy/Riza moments! And I'm a huge EdWin fan and they don't end up together? There's something wrong with that! There's no reason why they couldn't make a sequal, as soon as I finished reading the summary I came up with an idea for a sequal and after I thought about it some more, I came up with an entire movie in about ten minuetes! I hope the writers/producers/directers are reading this forum because there's a lot of people asking for a sequal! They better make a sequel with a better ending and soon!
churchmachine
personaly ive always thought that Ed and AL to be in love with Rose but were intimidated by her very sad (losing her boyfriend ,that whole incident with losing her voice and getting a baby) past that they never acknowledge it fully.

as for Ed-Winry are more af a brother-sister (cousins?) kind of relationship soo EEEEWW! laugh.gif

Anyway, to the ending:

although not so much present in the movie ive always thought the series relied heavily on the "EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE" principle. soo as the say goes: " u cant have ur cake and .... have it live in the Hagaren world too! " blink.gif or sometin like that?.

which sorta explains the progression of the story and i think fit's well. for (examples) :

Wrath helps Al and dies EXtremely painfull death = gets riunited with naked izumi yawzaa!

Al finally gets his bro back = almost destroys the frikin world!!!!

Ed goes back to real world = saves Hagaren world

Al follows Ed = dude can never return to his own world again (but i hope!) blah blAH! errrrr what do i know??

speaking of wich it reminds me of a reason why i thought Roy and hawkeye would never workout, cuz he prolly still wants to be fuhrer and riza while still in the military wouldin't be able to hook up (cuz i think they dont allow that) would she leave the millitary for him? shes probally more useful to him in her current position... uuummm wub.gif .... I mean profesionally speaking *perv* ph34r.gif

plus Roy could use a more bleu-blood chick, for his image of course (u know politics) and not a super-soldier SEXY-sharpshooter like our beloved hawkeye ...see where im getting at???

WAAIT!!! sad.gif before u HURT ME! consider that this was an opinion i had when i finished the tv series, BEFORE i saw the movie soo now im unsure.gif undicided on the matter ( man when i get of topic i go all the away).

I guess my POINT is that u shouldn't get discouraged cuz of stuff like this (ur bennefer :oops: i mean EdWin dint get toghether:rolleyes:)
and try to enjoy it for what is : a gadang GOOD FMA MOVIE!!! and i think the good people who made it WEREN'T trying to screw anyone over with the ending.

peace out foos!
The Tempest Alchemist
You have some good points but i still HATE that ending... they just do that to all their fans, who would all want more. Every single one of them. I aam just MIGHTILY pissed off... dry.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(churchmachine @ Feb 19 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]352013[/snapback]

personaly ive always thought that Ed and AL to be in love with Rose but were intimidated by her very sad (losing her boyfriend ,that whole incident with losing her voice and getting a baby) past that they never acknowledge it fully.

as for Ed-Winry are more af a brother-sister (cousins?) kind of relationship soo EEEEWW! laugh.gif

Anyway, to the ending:

although not so much present in the movie ive always thought the series relied heavily on the "EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE" principle. soo as the say goes: " u cant have ur cake and .... have it live in the Hagaren world too! " blink.gif or sometin like that?.

which sorta explains the progression of the story and i think fit's well. for (examples) :

Wrath helps Al and dies EXtremely painfull death = gets riunited with naked izumi yawzaa!

Al finally gets his bro back = almost destroys the frikin world!!!!

Ed goes back to real world = saves Hagaren world

Al follows Ed = dude can never return to his own world again (but i hope!) blah blAH! errrrr what do i know??

speaking of wich it reminds me of a reason why i thought Roy and hawkeye would never workout, cuz he prolly still wants to be fuhrer and riza while still in the military wouldin't be able to hook up (cuz i think they dont allow that) would she leave the millitary for him? shes probally more useful to him in her current position... uuummm wub.gif .... I mean profesionally speaking *perv* ph34r.gif

plus Roy could use a more bleu-blood chick, for his image of course (u know politics) and not a super-soldier SEXY-sharpshooter like our beloved hawkeye ...see where im getting at???

WAAIT!!! sad.gif before u HURT ME! consider that this was an opinion i had when i finished the tv series, BEFORE i saw the movie soo now im unsure.gif undicided on the matter ( man when i get of topic i go all the away).

I guess my POINT is that u shouldn't get discouraged cuz of stuff like this (ur bennefer :oops: i mean EdWin dint get toghether:rolleyes:)
and try to enjoy it for what is : a gadang GOOD FMA MOVIE!!! and i think the good people who made it WEREN'T trying to screw anyone over with the ending.

peace out foos!

I disagree because the whole thing they did with episode 48 (I think, when Ed first goes to the other world) they made this big deal about how equivalent exchange didn't exist. Ed's father said that, for instance, when you fix a broken clock you get the fixed clock and lose the wood and other stuff of the broken clock BUT where were you getting the power from and what was the exchange for that? The whole point of that episode was there was no equivalent exchange. Also, the classic line by Al is "BACK THEN we truly believed that to be the world's one and only truth." So Al is speaking from a future position about a past belief they once had that they no longer believe in.

I also never thought Ed and Al were in love with Rose. I think maybe it was more of a fascination for them if even that. For one thing I don't believe anyone falls in love after knowing someone for only a few days at most. Dante claims Ed and Al fell in love with her but I don't trust her because she's evil, also she makes a claim to Ed that she was so looking forward to making his (the "his" is Ed's dad) son fall in love with her. In other words she was going to take over Rose's body, pretend to be Rose and then get Ed to fall in love with her as Rose. She wouldn't need to do that if Ed was already in love with Rose. They never even talk about her or think about her for nearly the rest of the series. They were both at "that" age and here comes a pretty girl their age who isn't Winry! Before that they'd only really been around Winry (and that one girl in the fourth episode who was dressed like a boy for most of the episode).

As for Winry, yeah the Anime really portrays them in more of a close brother/sister relationship at least on Ed's part. Winry seems a little more like she's interested in him but Ed doesn't seem to be interested at all. In the manga there's a lot more that suggests those two will end up together though so for the Ed/Winry fans, go to the manga! biggrin.gif

Anyway, there's my viewpoint. biggrin.gif
Winkle
The problem I have with Ed and Al supposingly falling in love with Rose is that it's completely out of the blue, and that it feels more forced then anything else.

In fact, there's absolutely no indication that neither of the brothers have any kind of feelings towards her. Yes, Ed does help her alot, but that's Ed, he does that for a lot of people and Al is always a nice person at heart, the same as Ed but he's just more open about it. And then BAM out of nowhere Dante claims the brothers were in love with her. My first reaction was "WTF?" Who wrote that line?

That's one of my huge gripes with Bones, they seemed very determined in both the series and the movie to introduce their own original romance, Rose in the series and Noah in the movie (who looks a lot like Rose conveniently). I've said this a million times before, and I'm going to sound like a broken record but it seemed like Bones was never happy with Winry, and the instance Bones had an opportunity to diverge from Arakawa's plot, they pretty much ran her into the ground to pave the way for Rose.

It's hard to describe, but the whole thing feels very forced, and doesn't flow or feel natural.
Jedi28
Yeah, neither Ed nor Al ever displayed even the slightest interest in Rose. The last time Ed sees her in Liore (near the end of the series) she says something like "I'll see you later" and he responds with "Yes. No, this is goodbye Rose." He had no intentions of ever seeing her again, she's the only person that he gives a final absolute goodbye to. When Russel and Fletcher say goodbye to them he agrees to come back (or something similiar). He probably didn't expect to come back but he left the option open with them. With Rose it was final, he had no plans on ever seeing her again. Even Dante acknowledges his rejection of Rose when she says (as I already said before) something like "what a shame, I was looking forward to having his son fall in love with me in that body." I don't think Al ever even acknowledges her in those last episodes at all. Then again, in the final episode he never even thinks about her, he just wanted her to leave with Wrath so he could do the final transmutation and get Al back.

It was a weird about face for Bones. It seemed like they were leaning towards Winry, they had her in the opening and closing credits and then a lot of her at the end of the series. Then they pull the Rose thing out of nowhere and it makes utterly no sense. I don't think Ed or Al were ever in love with anyone during the series or in the movie. Ed was too concerned about Al and Al just never found anyone. The closest thing was when Envy pretended to be Winry and Ed warned Al and when Al ran over to whack him, Winry/Envy says, "I love..." and Al stops dead in his tracks. It almost made me wonder if they were trying to imply AL was in love with Winry but it could have been a familial love as well. It was very irritating though, if they wanted to change things they should have set it up better and made it more plausible.

Also, in the movie, Rose and Ed never even meet. Al and Rose meet briefly but Al seems only vaguely interested in her and Rose treats Al more like a mother would. Every time you see Rose in the movie, she is next to or near Armstrong (and they're also both in Liore). She also has a couple kids around her. At the end of the movie you see a shot of Armstrong with several kids around him and it's been suggested that these are Rose's original kid and two others she had with Armstrong. Another thing, Rose betrayed Ed all over the first episode, Noah betrayed him in the movie (and he refused to take her with him), Winry is the ONLY woman they've been in contact with who has never betrayed Ed! So who's the logical one he should have been with? biggrin.gif
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 06:22 PM)
Winry is the ONLY woman they've been in contact with who has never betrayed Ed! So who's the logical one he should have been with? biggrin.gif

None, there's no woman he should have been with or who is logical for him. Bones also anihilated any form of love at the end of the movie by making Noah leave so yeah, EdXNo one = OTP!!!!1!
Chiyo
Alphonse_Elric_0 Two of my arts is in your collection, yay!

Gone off topic a little bit people, save it for the who Ed should be paired with thread.

And I thought Noah was still with them at the end? She has no reason to stick around but she did get on the truck with them didn't she? Not that I'd particulaly like to see her again, just another Rose
Jedi28
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 25 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]354721[/snapback]

Alphonse_Elric_0 Two of my arts is in your collection, yay!

Gone off topic a little bit people, save it for the who Ed should be paired with thread.

And I thought Noah was still with them at the end? She has no reason to stick around but she did get on the truck with them didn't she? Not that I'd particulaly like to see her again, just another Rose

She was with them but Bones released these "letters to Ametris" in a magazine that were supposedly written by Ed and Al after the movie to people back home (like a journal type thing since they obviously couldn't send them). In one of them, Al says that Noah left with her people and they don't know where she is. Yeah! biggrin.gif
I am the Only sister Elric
Ok so i have many a question to ask you (if you want to answer) wink.gif . Ok so what happens to Roy and Hawkye? When dose that movie come out (in America)? and if you dot know that last one could you find out for me or tell me how to find out. Thanks that will be mmuch appreciated. biggrin.gif . And that about it. but yeah umm thanks.

QUOTE(Sycia @ Jul 23 2005, 12:45 AM) [snapback]224008[/snapback]

Phew. Okay, now I can type the summary out like a normal person instead of fumbling with the phone.

The movie was great overall (a few weak points here and there) but it really is a treat for loyal fans to the series. : ) It's in the details that fans will find delight in, so I truly recommend you to skip the spoilers and await the movie so you can have as much fun as I did throughout the show.

-- SPOILERS --

* Note: The sequence of events switching from the real world and the Hagaren world, I might've mixed up a bit... too many switches within the movie itself eh

Also, STOP asking WHEN the movie will be SUBBED. We've been asked this a gazillion times and this is not a fansub forum!. For the 1986753897685682th time it will be fansubbed when the DVDs come out in Japan (about half a year after the movie's release) so DON'T ASK anymore PLEASE.

[spoiler]
We start off with a Alphonse Elric talking to the masked guy in a factory (Alphonse is in his armor form). The masked guy wants to sell / promote this little bomb he devised to the 'National Alchemist', but Alphonse is disgusted at the idea of it and Edward Elric soon arrives and it turns into a grand fight where masked man ends up using human alchemy to try and do something with a heap of dead bodies. Ed tries to stop him from performing the taboo, but it's too late. He gets sucked into the Gate (together with his bomb) and the vaporous castle they were in collasps. It's then revealed that the Ed and Al of that time were 15 and 14 respectively.

--

Ed is telling a laughing Alphonse Heiderich that tale while driving. He crashes the car in a ditch (lol) and they end up hitching a ride to their destination with a truckload of gypsys. One of them, Noah seems to be a little bit of an outcast, and she 'sees' things when she makes physical contact with Ed. Ed and Alphonse head to what looks like a carnival. There, Alphonse's pals (Alter!half-chimera gang minus Greed and snake-woman) and him set up a small rocket. Ed is uninterested and goes to rest in the truck. Meanwhile Noah is turned in to the Thule Society that wants to 'buy' her services. She flees, and Ed helps her escape.

He lets Noah stay at the place Alphonse and himself are renting. Apparently Gypsys are despised and hated as loose women who cheat men of their money because they don't have their own country, also snitching the jobs of others. Here we find out that Alter!Hughes (who I didn't pick up a name from, just 'omawari-san' meaning 'Mr Policeman') is one of those who is suspicious of Noah, and Ed makes fun of him to try 'proposing' to the landlady Gracia. Elsewhere the Thule Society starts getting ready for some decisive action...

Meanwhile in the Hagaren world, Winry talks to Sig who says Al went out on his own seeking Ed out. Izumi had taught him everything she knew. We see Al, walking in the middle of a desert, at his last drop of water from his tumbler. He claps both hands together and conjures a well (in the middle of a sand dune) that gushes water out (overkill! O_O). Then we see Winry paying a visit to Izumi's grave (the audience was O_O at that scene) where she finds Wrath nearby in a pathetic state, and offers to fix his battered-up automail. Somewhere else snowy, Havoc & Breda arrive at a small outpost (more like hut) looking for their 'Colonel', who's looking extremely pathetic standing a pile of snow at attention. Inside, he talks to his former subordinates as a lesser officer and even uses a MATCH to light Havoc's cigeratte, stating he hasn't used alchemy since the Bradley incident because it reminds him of his foolish actions (or the like, I don't remember). Havoc and Breda leave and sigh that they initially wanted to persuade Mustang back, but he seems set on staying a guard in the cruel cold. Armstrong's family is in Liol, trying to get the place back on its feet (haha, Armstrong's all sparkly as usual).

Back in the real world Ed and Noah are having lunch when a car drives by and Ed spots Bradley. He pursues the man and knocks his driver out, demanding to know why a Homoculus is still in this world. Bradley is confused. He turns out a regular human, Alter!Bradley, otherwise known as Mabuse, a movie maker. He leads Ed to a castle (well Ed knocked his driver out so had to drive Mabuse there) where he says he's being gone after by a 'dragon'. Rather, a large snake. Ed goes up the tower, half decided on getting outta there when he realizes the threat is real, looking at the damage done to the interior. He's shocked when a very, VERY familiar voice calls his name, and out bursts the green serpent we last saw Envy transform into before diving into the Gate. Serpent!Envy tries to devour Ed, but is attacked at all sides by the Thule Society with gun-mounted planes and stakes (>_< NOOO!!! ENVY!!!!!). The Thule Society's leader, Dietlinde Eckart has Ed held and is somewhat surprised to learn his name, then has someone knock him out with some gas. Serpent!Envy is taken away by planes.

The Thule Society uses Envy as part of their little 'magical circle' and try to get a link to the 'other world'. Envy's head launches to what little we can make out as Hohenheim. Light envelops the place and some people within armors (a lot of variations including the type Alphonse's spirit was trapped in) are transported to the other world.

Liol is suddenly invaded and attacked by the armored warriors. Most civilians are helpless but along comes Al, who transfers a part of his soul into the armors and makes them fight for him. He then alchemizes a tornado to sweep up the remaining armors.

Back in the Thule Society's lair, the armors return due to the 'magic circle' being incomplete. They're all dead, and Ed turns up to interrupt the party. He's shot at, so dives into the heap o armors, suddenly hearing one of them speak in Al's voice. It is an armor that is the exact model he forced his brother's spirit into years go, speaking to him. They fight their way out and talk by a river. Because Al has transferred part of his spirit into the armors, he can communicate with Ed now, but eventually he fades away, leaving Ed alone.

Ed returns to his room. Alphonse and Noah realize he's a little more cheerful than usual. Ed says he may have found a way back. A short while later Alphonse is looked up by a member of the Thule Society wanting to employ his services. That member also talks to Noah for a bit, all this going on without Ed knowing

Back in the Hagaren world, Al is happy at having met Ed at long last. He goes to Central to find some answers. Roy has heard of the invasion and heads to Central too. Winry too, heads there.

Ed meets Bradley again, who talks about the upcoming war and all (during which Alter!Lyla appears for a bit, snobbishly ignoring Ed). Ed decides to intervene with Thule Society's plans. He goes back home and tries to persuade Alphonse to stop helping the Thule Society because his research will only help with the war. Alphonse will have none of it and knocks Ed aside, then coughs blood out (TB?!) claiming that he just wants to leave a mark in this world, HIS world. He leaves.

Hagaren world. Roy is paying a visit to Hughes' grave. Wrath finds Al and leads him to that underground city (when asked why? Wrath just replies something like, 'It don't matter anymore'). Al tries to create a link to our world there, but something is lacking and he doesn't know what. Then a strange grey monstrosity appears. Gluttony, looking very big, ugly and undoubtably hungry. It attacks Wrath, who doesn't actually stand much of a chance until he eats a bit of the 'red stones' leaking from Gluttony. He kinda powers up and rips off a few .... apendages from Gluttony but is overpowered anyway. He finally lands on the Alchemy circle Al just made and rams the automail arm into the middle of it, driving it into rock firmly. Gluttony has, by that time managed to close his large, uncaring jaws upon the younger-looking Homoculus. His blood soaks the ground and Wrath yells to Al to use them both (Gluttony and him) as the exchange to open the Gate to that other world. Al hesitates a bit, but does it when Wrath says it's what he brought Al there for. We then see Wrath looking quite human (um, naked) standing in front of the Gate. It opens and there stands Izumi who welcomes him into her arms, then they disappear. Meanwhile, Winry and Scieszka walk to Hughes' grave to find a bunch of white flowers there already. They think it might've been Gracia and Elisia.

Our world. Ed is back at the Thule Society's lair. He inspects the 'magic circle' and dismisses it as child's play at first until realizing it's an alchemy one. Being the alchemist he is, he completes it. Then wondering what he's doing, touches it with his hands & gloves stained with his blood (he cut himself on some glass while creeping into the place), and the whole thing lights up. He stops in horror, then the Thule Society people come out and persuade him to carry on. He looks up at one point at Envy, and sees Hohenheim in the serpent's jaws, STILL alive. Apparently that was the only way the Thule could get the serpent to calm down. Hohenheim wants his son to return to his world, and closes the serpents jaws upon himself, going in a huge fountain of blood (I never knew a human had that much in him) with Ed screaming. The Thule are happy they're getting what they want. Noah is there to do their bidding; she remembers Alchemy circles from Ed's memory and is helping them because she wants to go to Ed's world (what they all call 'Shambala') because she faces so much persecution in this one. Having no more use for Ed, Dietlinde shoots him (THE b*tch!)(*&$()!^). Fortunately she only hit his mechanical arm and he only passed out to be strapped into the seat of an aircraft Alphonse has made while working for the Thule. Alphonse wants Ed to be happy, to go back to where he came from, so in the midst of the Thule sending off crafts and crafts of their armored warriors into the opened portal leading to 'Shamabala', he sends Ed (who's not all that willing to leave Alphonse behind) on his way. Sadly after Ed leaves, a Thule member who witnessed the deed, shoots Alphonse (sleep.gifwink.gif. Noah is going, "TAKE ME WITH YOU!" as she sees Ed head into the portal, but he leaves without her.

Hagaren world. Well, the Thule crafts have somehow managed to break from of those lil black arms thingies (within the Gate) and have burst right out through Al's Alchemy circle. He's not sure what to think of it at first. Winry and Schiezka were creeping through some tunnel when it collasps under the impact of Thule's crafts wrecking havoc in the underground city and they find Al. A smaller craft comes through and crashes at a site near them, and when the smoke clears they find Ed on the ground whincing. Winry runs up and goes, "And just where have you been?" (awwwww) It suddenly dawns upon Al what terrible things are pouring out of the portal and he runs off in shock. Ed tries to follow but his mechanical leg is mangled beyond repair. This is when Winry smiles and opens that large briefcase she's been carrying all the while. It's Ed's automail limbs. She knows roughly how much he's grown and starts to get to work fixing them back on him.

Central is under attack. People are getting shot down by the armored warriors of the Thule and the millitary isn't holding up too well. While Hawkeye's sharpshooting through the armor's breathing holes does take a few down, they are too great in numbers. Even when Armstrong arrives to help they are still fighting a losing battle. This is when Roy Mustang makes his grans re-entrance into the scene. He well... blows them up and barks out commands to his subordinates (Breda, Hawkeye, Fury and that guy who used to be under Hughes) like in the old days when he was a Colonel. Though he's a corporal, his subordinates still call him Colonel and follow his command (biggrin.gif). Hawkeye remains after the others have gone off, remaining in a salute while smiling to Roy.

Al is roaming the town getting more desperate at the terror he unleashed. He nearly even tries to resurrect a child crushed by debris before being stopped by Ed who reminds him of the taboo. 'You only wanted to bring me home.' But nonetheless, this war is their fault and they ahve to stop it.

War scene gets real grand and fun with Roy, Al and Ed fighting together against a borderline Dietlinde, who has deemed the inhabitants of 'Shamabala' (the Hagaren world) not fit to live since they aren't the same as she is (she doesn't even think them human). Ed and her are matched evenly in a one-on-one fight but she calls on more of her armored fighters to corner him. Fortunately Al had taken control of them (by transferring part of his soul into them) and they beat Dietlinde.

Ed knows the war will continue unless he goes BACK to the other world to destroy the Alchemy circle allowing the Thule access to their world. He separates himself from Al and Roy, and goes back (poor Al is crying at this). Ah yes, before he leaves, Ed tells Al to 'take care of Winry'...

Ed returns to find Noah holding a dead Alphonse. Dietlinde is gone. Then from a familiar armor comes Al's voice. Ed thinks it's just part of Al's soul talking to him again, but out pops his little brother from inside! He snuck back on, unwilling to be separated again. Says Roy would've by now destroyed their world's portal, and he (Al) wants to continue his travels with Ed like they did 2 years ago (this is where Ed realizes Al has regained the missing part of his memory!) biggrin.gif

Character endings: Winry is no longer waiting for them (woman's intiution; she knows they aren't coming back), she's doing her own auto-mail research. For some odd reason, Armstrong is at Pinako's place playing with plenty of kids. Roze too. Alter!Hughes is stalking Gracia (okay okay he tried to go up and talk to her at last). Hey where's Roy's ending?!

The final ending is Ed, Al and Noah hitching a ride. The former 2 look at the 2 people in the front seats of the truck they're getting on and smile. It's Alter!Scar and Alter!Lust (the audience was laughing XD)... The ending dialogue is Ed saying they can't detach themselves completely from this world (and the upcoming war) because now it is theirs.

END
[/spoiler]
-----

NOTES:

Gah what a long summary *dies*

Please do correct me if you see any mistakes. : )

What happened to Roy and Rize eventually, wasn't specified.

NOTE: This summary is still being fixed and proof-read and can be changed at any time.

AND DON'T ASK WHEN THE FANSUBS WILL BE OUT

Jedi28
Apparently the movie is supposed to be released October 3rd which is INSANELY early for a Japanese Anime movie. It's also the date Ed has inscribed on the inside of his watch, which is taking the fandom a little to far I think. smile.gif

Roy and Hawkeye start up the movie separated from each other. He's guarding a shack in the Ametris version of Syberia and she doesn't want to see him in his depressed and despondant state. By the end they meet up again briefly (or at least see each other I think) but the movie doesn't go any further so you don't find out what happens to them.
The Tempest Alchemist
so basically...final pairings are as follows:

ED + no one

AL + no one

ROY + no one

fantastic.... dry.gif
Automne
QUOTE(The Tempest Alchemist Posted Today @ 01:12 PM)

ED + no one

AL + no one

ROY + no one

fantastic.... dry.gif

My thoughts exactly...without the sarcasm.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(The Tempest Alchemist @ Mar 1 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]356749[/snapback]

ED + no one

AL + no one

ROY + no one

fantastic.... dry.gif

TEchnicly we don't see what happens with Roy.There is a chance of Ed and Noha.
Automne
^^^ No, there isn't.

[spoiler]Noah left with the other ghypsies after the movie. Al said this in one of his letters.[/spoiler]
Jedi28
I've been thinking about it and really I'd rather not have Ed or Al with anyone. For one thing, I can't picture either of them settling down to start a family and be regular family type guys. Also, one of the major themes of FMA is the relationship between Ed and Al. If either of them were to start a relationship it would change that relationship. Instead of Ed and Al it'd be Ed and whoever or Al and whoever. Especially if one wound up with someone but the other didn't. Then they'd be like a third wheel. Now, I'm STILL not happy with how the movie ended but I am happy that both boys stayed single. I really think they're defined by their travels and by their relationship with each other, any other relationship would just mess that up. biggrin.gif

And I'm SO HAPPY that it ain't ever gonna be Noah! Of all three (Noah, Winry, Rose) she's the most irritating! Noah almost got Ed killed, Rose almost got Ed AND Al killed, Winry is abusive.
Hana no Kuroi
^ Either way, they're screwed with those women. XD

Yeah, Noah wasn't so great...When I finally saw the subbed version, I was like...'Oh, please...' And I thought she wasn't concieted.

Jedi28
QUOTE(Hana no Kuroi @ Mar 1 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]356868[/snapback]

^ Either way, they're screwed with those women. XD

Yeah, Noah wasn't so great...When I finally saw the subbed version, I was like...'Oh, please...' And I thought she wasn't concieted.

Well, according to the Letters to Ametris, Noah is gone. Al says she left with her Roma friends and they're off traveling somewhere. And yeah, Noah was a stuck up brat. Ed and Al both go to all these lengths to help her and then it's like "oh okay, I'll betray them, no problem."

At the beginning of the movie we see Armstrong in Liore. We ask why is he there in a place he's never been helping to rebuild it? Then we see Rose with several children swarming around her. Every time we see Rose, she's with or near Armstrong. Then at the end of the movie we see Armstrong with several children and the speculation is that the children are the child Rose originally had and two others she had with Armstrong. And if you're saying she wouldn't want to be with a guy in the military, A. I don't believe we ever see him in uniform so it's very likely he's no longer in the military, B. he's a state alchemist which would put him (in Rose's mind) in the category of Ed (the guy who helped her) instead of the category of the soldier/s who hurt her and C. it makes perfect sense that she'd want to be with a guy like Armstrong (what guy in the world would go near her with him there?)

SO, Noah and Rose are out of the way. That only leaves Winry but AGAIN I think they should just stay single. biggrin.gif
Hana no Kuroi
Yes, single is good. It makes all the fangirls happy with their day dreams and superpowers.

But it shocks me to think that Rose and Armstrong would ever go together...o.0
Jedi28
Really? I don't have a problem with the idea of Rose and Armstrong. Rose is probably in her twenties somewhere and she has a kid so she needs someone who's an adult and is capable of taking care of her and baby (rules out Ed and Al). I would think Armstrong is in his thirties somewhere so it's not a huge age difference. He's got money, he's nice and honorable, and would make a great husband and father. I think he'd be perfect for Rose.

And yes, Ed and Al staying single does make the fangirls happy. Or at least this fangirl! biggrin.gif
Keos
I reckon if Alphonse Heidrich had lived, he would make the best husband (besides Armstrong and Maes Hughes) the series has to offer ^ ^

Rose together with Armstrong? Haven't seen that one coming before tongue.gif - it's not the age difference that strikes me though..... it's just that there's so little interaction between them, I can't think of them anymore than neighbours who wake up and yell a "hello" across each other's house everyday. That couple's just too weird (might take some getting used to)

QUOTE("Hana no Kuroi")
But it shocks me to think that Rose and Armstrong would ever go together...o.0

You and me both.
Popogeejo
I don't think they get together but he takes her in and looks after her and the kiddies.Basicly he's a Gaurdian to her.The kids are probably Orphans from the Liore "uprising" who wre taken prisoner before Scar wiped out the place.
Makes sense when you think about it.
"This is the charitable technique that has been passed down the Armstrong line for generations!"
Jedi28
Yeah, that's a possibility too, that he's a guardian to her. It's to bad it wasn't addressed in the Letters to Ametris. Neither Ed nor Al write letters to Rose or Armstrong or even mention them. They do write letters to two dead people, Scar and Wrath, so go figure.
Popogeejo
"Officaly"(In Ametris) Scar isn't dead,he's "missing" along with 3000+ Soilders.Basicly anyone who got vapourised in the Loire massacare are missing but not dead untill 7 years go by(if it's like the real world)
As for Wrath,the only person who knows what happens to him is Al and he won't tell anyone but Ed.

Kind of sad that both their sacrifices won't be truely ever known...

Scar,Wrath.We salute you!
Jedi28
Scar's "sacrifice" is a little fishy to me since he "helped" about three thousand other people make sacrifices at the same time without actually telling them "hey, guess what, we're all gonna sacrifice ourselves today!" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
The best volonteer is the one who doesn't he's voloteering.
Jedi28
Soldier: So what are we doing today?
Scar: Creating the philosopher's stone by sacrificing a lot of people.
Soldier: Really? Where are the sacrifices?
Scar: (Smiles evily).

So mean. smile.gif
omastar444
Ok. Can someone tell me, what ever happened to envy? Did he die?
Jedi28
QUOTE(omastar444 @ Mar 5 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]359237[/snapback]

Ok. Can someone tell me, what ever happened to envy? Did he die?

Yep.
Automne
And there's no way to express how I'm soooo not pleased with this. What the hell?! Kill him off like that! Having him under the form of a dragon (the ouroboros one, if I'm not mistaken), okay, why not? I would have still liked his usual form, or even his true form, better. This movie would have been so much better to me if there had been some discussion between Envy and Hoho papa, I mean

[spoiler]Envy is his son, or at least, his reincarnation, dammit![/spoiler]

And there was so much possibilities! At least, some explainations from Hoenheim, even if Envy certainly wouldn't have wanted to listen to him...I wasn't expecting him to join Ed's side ever but still...sleep.gif

This way of killing him off was ridiculous...
Jedi28
I never liked what they did with Envy. Envy in the Manga is WAY cooler. Especially the interaction between Envy and Ed, that SO should have been in the Anime!
Automne
Envy in the manga? He/She (Better put it like that since our dear Arakawa refuses to tell us his/her true gender or even if she/he is androgynous dry.gif) is pathetic to the highest point...and it just hurts. Looks like Arakawa considers him/her as a humour factor, even if he (Oh, screw it! He's a boy for me!) has got his serious moments...Sometimes looks like Arakawa wants us to dislike him and to make him loose fans...Aha, Arakawa...You fail...Yes, I still like manga!Envy in a way but still think the anime one is wayyyy deeper and interesting. Sorry.
CHUA!
just watched it on youtube (its subbed) wat a stupid ending lol
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 7 2006, 04:29 AM) [snapback]359835[/snapback]

Envy in the manga? He/She (Better put it like that since our dear Arakawa refuses to tell us his/her true gender or even if she/he is androgynous dry.gif) is pathetic to the highest point...and it just hurts. Looks like Arakawa considers him/her as a humour factor, even if he (Oh, screw it! He's a boy for me!) has got his serious moments...Sometimes looks like Arakawa wants us to dislike him and to make him loose fans...Aha, Arakawa...You fail...Yes, I still like manga!Envy in a way but still think the anime one is wayyyy deeper and interesting. Sorry.

Really? I really like the MangaEnvy. He and Ed have such an odd relationship. The way they just sit there and have occassional conversations when you're thinking you two are ENEMIES WHY ARE YOU CHATTING?!?! Then they devolve into trying to kill each other. MangaEnvy seems to have more of a personality, he goes from evil and trying to kill Ed to freaking out and not wanting to fight with Ed. I don't see AnimeEnvy as being deep or interesting. He seems to be just one track I-hate-Hoho-and-all-his-progeny-and-want-them-dead........... I totally agree though, MangaEnvy is a humour factor and it seems like Arakawa alternately wants us to like/dislike him/her/it. BUT I think he/she/it is funny. Maybe I'm just easy to please. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I think of Envy as male (probably because of the Anime) but I almost wonder if it's going to be a girl in the Manga. There's a scene right before Greed dies where he calls Envy a B---H (which is a term usually reserved for a woman) and Envy gets this shocked look (like maybe how did you know?) and then gets really mad. Could just be me reading into things again though.

I think I went off topic somewhere......... biggrin.gif
Automne
Anime!Envy too sometimes goes from the 'cute' personality to the 'murderous' one but he and Manga!Envy are just as sadistic. And from what I saw in the manga, and if I remember correctly, Manga!Ed and Manga!Envy are also always fighting, verbally or physically, it always leads to fight.

In Gluttony's stomach, Ed was desperate and Envy was certainly his only way to get out of here.

Anime!Envy is envious for a good reason while I never saw the Manga!One jealous of anyone. Not even the all monster thing is an excuse and Lust is even less lustful than the anime one, or at least, I didn't see many men lust after her. Plus, the 'old hag' insult from Envy doesn't arrange anything.

Now for the all 'b*tch' insult, the actual writting of the manga is in japanese. What tells you that, in japanese, calling a boy a b*tch is not common...At least, in France, it isn't surprising. And I think Envy got more angered because of the 'ugly' comment than the 'b*tch' one. It's not a secret that Envy's true form is ugly, and purely ridiculous, or at least to me.

So, yes, IMO, the anime one is way better.
Jedi28
Yeah, that's true, MangaEnvy certainly doesn't seem to be very envious of anything. I guess it's just personal preference, for some reason I just like MangaEnvy more. Maybe it's because he doesn't beat the crap out of people as much as AnimeEnvy does OR it could just be that MangaEnvy doesn't [spoiler] keyhole Ed like the Anime one does, at least not yet anyway [/spoiler]. I didn't really see anyone in the Manga or Anime lusting after Lust with the exception of that doctor guy that she killed. And maybe Scar too, in the Anime at least. I almost wondered if Lust wasn't slightly lusting after Roy Mustang, when he finally kills her she makes a comment along the lines of at least she got to be killed by someone like him. I thought she meant someone attractive like him but she could have just meant someone intelligent or strong or whatever. Yeah, I forgot about the Japanese/English language change thing so that makes more sense with Greed and Envy.

AHHhh! I'm SO off-topic! Okay, um, I actually wish we'd had ANY dialogue from Envy in the movie. From what I remember, he never says anything at all, just tries to kill Ed and then happily munches on Hoho. I was surpsised also that Hoho could even force Envy's jaws closed. Envy was a very large dragon and Hoho wasn't in a very good position to get a purchase. Perhaps Envy just gave in and crunched him. biggrin.gif
Winkle
Hrm... I can't say I'm a fan of Envy in either version. Manga-Envy seems more tamed and yes, gets less plot and focus and development.

But then Anime-Envy has zero development whatsoever either. Sure, he's a "deeper" character then his Manga version but he's still one-dimensional. Anime-Envy is just always pissed off and bitter and hates all humans, especially Ed because he's jealous of him. That's it, he never changes, never developes, all he ever does is sprout his little bit about how he's angry at everyone and everything and how much he hates Ed and so forth.
Automne
Winkle: I actually agree, there's no true development, except that maybe Envy becomes even more hateful but, at least, he's in character compared to the manga one, which, I'll say it once again, I find pathetic...Once again, I blame Bones, and I think you'll agree with me, if he had met Hoho and they had had some explainations, I'm sure Envy would have changed in more way than one...But at least, there's way more room for fanfic writers who can develop Envy themselves and I had a lot of funs doing it myself, let's also count the deepness of his characters.

Jedi: Yep, I would have loved a dialogue too...And I would have liked him to be in another form: A human one; his true one or favorite one, it doesn't matter, but at least a form where Hoho and he could have had some explainations...And maybe, Envy would have changed in more ways than one, like I already said.
«°~Envy™~°»
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Feb 25 2006, 04:55 AM) [snapback]354703[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 06:22 PM)
Winry is the ONLY woman they've been in contact with who has never betrayed Ed! So who's the logical one he should have been with? biggrin.gif

None, there's no woman he should have been with or who is logical for him. Bones also anihilated any form of love at the end of the movie by making Noah leave so yeah, EdXNo one = OTP!!!!1!

hunny stop being a perv tongue.gif
Automne
But 'No one' is not a person. tongue.gif
Jedi28
Sure it is, haven't you ever seen Bleach? Oh wait, that's NoName I guess. laugh.gif tongue.gif I keep thinking of Bleach every time I see the scene of Ed getting keyholed by Envy. I think "Oh look, now he's a Hollow, better go call Ichigo." So sad, so sad. smile.gif

Yep, I totally agree with you. If they were absolutely going to stick Ed with someone and that was that, then the logical choice should have been Winry. BUT I think Ed and Al should both stay single. The whole theme of the show is the bond between them, such a bond would be broken if they went off and got married. It would especially have been messed up in just one got married, then you'd have the whole third wheel thing. Also, I can't picture either of them getting married and settling down to have a family life.
Wookster
So right around 1:33:10 on the movie I downloaded when Ed seperates a piece of the plane from himself and Mustang/Al is where I wish they had done something different. They progressed Winry and Ed for so long and they kind of just give it up and let it all go. In the subs Al says "What are you going to do with Winry?" to Ed as he's turning away. Ed says "Tell her I said thanks for this," and holds up his new arm. Then Al flips out of course, and they switch to Winry's point of view seeing the ship take off. She says "That's probably Ed," followed by "So you're not going to let us wait." Now is my sub'd version of the movie messed up or what the hell does that mean? Does she mean so you're not going to let us wait as in so we won't ever be together? I disslike how they just cut it short, and then at the end she's just studying and they zoom in on a picture of the boys. I know it's not realistic if it's a happy ending, but come on.
Other than that I thought the movie was awesome, however I wouldn't say no to a second movie... though I doubt that'll happen.
If anyone can help me out as to what Winry meant and how that all worked, I thank you in advance.
Automne
Someone said in a thread Ed and Al were soulmates, but of course, soulmates without 'that kind of relationship'. I agree with them.

And Wookster, Winry said that because she was certainly in love with Ed, but I doubt Ed ever felt the same way. And yes, it certainly also meant 'we won't ever be together again'.
Jedi28
If you want Ed/Winry you'll have better luck with the Manga. Though, at the moment it's kinda the same, Winry's in love with Ed but he's yet to realize that Winry's a GIRL! tongue.gif

SinLuxuria- That's the PERFECT description. Ed and Al are pure PLATONIC soulmates. That's why they need to be together and not have anyone else split them up, which I know is a line Al says in the Anime and I think he says something very similiar in the Manga as well.
Winkle
I don't think Winry would split them up though, seeing as how the three have been together since they were at least 5 years old. And it seems like she's one of the few women in their lives that truly understand them.

But oh well, I digress.

Anyway, the subtitles I saw had her say "you're not going to let me wait" or something to that effect. My interpretation of that, is she just basically gave up on him. Of course, that's MY interpretation so don't take it as law or whatever.
Jedi28
There's a screencap of the last scene with Winry in the gallery that shows her sitting at the table with Den. She looks really depressed, not like someone who has come to terms with Ed AND Al ditching her. I don't know why Bones did it that way.
fishy

[/quote]
How tall is Ed supposedly in the movie?
And is Roy,Riza,Winry,and Hommneim alive?
Does anybody have a height chart?
And did Envy finally get killed?
And what happened to Ed and Al?
[/quote]

Q: How tall is Ed supposedly in the movie?
A: I watched the japanese version in YouTube, and it looked like Ed grew, and that he and Al are now the same height. Remember, though, that Al is about 13 years old in the movie, due to the fact that he came back in his childhood body, and that Ed's already 18...

Q: Is Roy, Riza, Winry, and Hohenheim alive?
A: If you read the summary, you'll know that Roy, Riza, and Winry are alive and well (though Roy still has his eyepatch, poor guy). Hohenheim, however, gets killed by Envy in the movie. Or rather, he forced Envy to kill him (sniff).

Q: Does anybody have a height chart?
A: No, but if someone did Ed would have destroyed it immediatly. I think the only person shorter than him was Nina, and she's a toddler.

Q: Did Envy finally get killed?
A: ENVY, MY DARLING!! I'LL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN!! Unfortunately, he does. Envy was used as a sacrifice to open the gate from our world, along with Hohenheim.

Q: What happened to Ed and Al?
A: I don't want to tell you. Go read the summary and cry your eyes out, its that sad. They end up together though, I'll tell you that.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.