Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mrs. Edward Elric
Um.....why did you type this twice? huh.gif

EKE: To fix spelling typos. rolleyes.gif
fitchpouch
wow...all of you guys are so good at expressing your views on FMA! i for one live in california, so im not going to be able to see the movie until around february or april of 2006 (thanks to those big and bold red letters tongue.gif ), but reading all of your inputs and Sycia's summary, i can understand what basically goes on. and for those who think the movie and the anime suck, i cant judge you by your opinions, but most of you arent getting the entire point of the movie...its about striving to know good from bad, knowing the truth of what really goes on in the world around you. i remember always hearing "life isnt fair," not really knowing much about it. But with FMA (yeah, i totally dig FMA biggrin.gif -- its my fav category outta everything) i got to actually see what that statements means...you can choose to struggle and mope about it, or you can, like ed says, get up and keep on moving forward, cause pain is always there in the future.

i was so depressed over everything in FMA from the anime to the movie. it is so sad, i seriously cried at least once in practically all of them. sad.gif it is so sad how hughes dies, how winry lost so much and will never see ed or al again, how ed and al have seen soooooo much in their lives, and especially how dying is everywhere in the show. i wish that they did make at least some sort of new season or a sequel, just to kind of answer our questions, or even continue ed and al's journey! that would be real nice, and im pretty sure that every fan out there would totally give it a thumbs up as well. but we will always have the manga if that doesnt work out happy.gif i reeeaaaally dont want the anime to end...its really deep and emotional, and it really gets you thinking.

now about the movie -- it is pretty true that ed is a bit secluded, and only al understands him. thats most probably why there's no romance going on in the anime or movie. also, about the part where winry is watching that ship fly away (sumthing like that, although i dont know how thats possible laugh.gif ), i really got touched and sad about that. at least ed finally got al's body back (just try and remember the old times when they were ten years old and also when they were 15 and 14...their determination can finally be conquered!!) and that they are together at last. it makes me so happy when i read how they were goofing off a bit, back to their innocent ways.

all in all, i am looking forward to see the movie for myself, and i suggest others just wait as well. everyone has their own opinions, and it can either change or won't. i dont think mine will change... ill love FMA no matter what happens next. biggrin.gif
Tombow
@fitchpouch - Nice post!! And, welcome to the forum!! I admire your decision to wait for the DVD. smile.gif
But, just in case you can't resist the sneak peak, there are cam version (subbed or raw) available, and in my opinion, it's with fairly decent picture/audio quality for a cam. Check "movie raw" thread (yes, the one with red letters. laugh.gif ) for recent info. happy.gif
if im not mistaken Envy ate hohenheim thus ate teh bones of the person who created him which would weaken him right? and then he was used to activate the transmutation cicle? So envy is bye bye like Wrath when Al used him. Get the feeling that Roy lived because he was suppose to destroy the gate on their side of the world. Might be another movie with all the open ends remaining. And call this odd if u want....but does anyone else get the feeling Winry will end up with Sig (Izumis husband)?
Tombow
QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 1 2005, 12:19 PM) [snapback]307790[/snapback]

And call this odd if u want....but does anyone else get the feeling Winry will end up with Sig (Izumis husband)?

It's odd, but I like it!! laugh.gif
For one, he is used to handling Izumi, her ultra short temper and flying bucher knives and all, and Winry's wrench attack will be a cake-walk to him!! XD
(And, Winry is a caring person, and so as Sig. happy.gif)

Hmmm, maybe they can use their wedding as the last scene for the next quel!!
*Dudge flying egg attacks by Win-Ed fans*
Ok, ok, I'll take it back!! laugh.gif

fitchpouch
@tombow - haha thats real sweet! happy.gif anyways, about the raw version - ill pass. ill probably get over my impatience after a while, cause i just really want to see the original movie with the english voices (i love ed's voice!!) thanks for the offer tho biggrin.gif

@guest - huh.gif uhh...isnt sig like REALLY old? winry is only eighteen in the movie, and sig is probably around 50 then or sumthing. (correct me if im wrong) i dunno...there might be someone else out there.
Tombow
Gah!! I did not know Sig was 50ish. I thought he was younger and Izumi might be in her early 30ish.
And, I momentarily forgot Winry's a VERY young lady, since she has been acting more maturely, especially in the movie.
By the way, she is becoming a very nice young lady in the movie. happy.gif
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 4 2005, 10:09 AM) [snapback]309018[/snapback]

Gah!! I did not know Sig was 50ish. I thought he was younger and Izumi might be in her early 30ish.
And, I momentarily forgot Winry's a VERY young lady, since she has been acting more maturely, especially in the movie.
By the way, she is becoming a very nice young lady in the movie. happy.gif

exactly! ok, maybe i exaggarated a bit with the 50 years old bit, but he cant be any younger than 40. Izumi and him are probably around the same age - being married and all. blink.gif

winry is the same age as ed, and since he's 18 in the movie, she is too. i know that age doesnt matter withlove, but youve got to have limits...50 and 18? haha biggrin.gif she is real pretty in the movie, and she looks a lot older than 18. thats probably why you never thought about it
Wrath Ownz Envy
Oh I was the guest who suggested Win and Sig by the way. Mentioning their age....Just to let u know....Wasnt Hohenheim like 400? And trishia surely she was in her 20s when they met? Just somethin along those lines. And i think Sig is around 30-40 not 50
Tombow
@Wrath Ownz Envy - Welcome to the forum!! I'm glad you registered. smile.gif
Before we start talking all the stuff about Hohenheim, could you do us a favor, and put that part about him in your last post in spoiler tags??
That one in your post is a BIG spoiler, and not all people who happen to visit this forum know about that, even though this movie forum is under Japanese sub viewer forum, and I would feel more comfortable having it in the spoiler tags, just in case. happy.gif

To put stuff in spoiler tags, you do [ ] spoiler contents [ ], and put the word spoiler in the first [ ], and /spoiler in the ending [ ].

Then it comes out like this: [spoiler]spoiler contents[/spoiler]

Thanks in advance!! smile.gif
who me?Yes you!!!!
Whoa!!! Hohenheim really likes them young!!! That gives new meaning to robbing the cradle. Another thing no one has mentioned or maybe no one has noticed. Wasn't there another edward in our world who died before hageran edward end up in our world. I'm stating this because I found a website that features pictures of a much younger edward with shorter and darker hair speaking to Hohenheim. Is it possible that hohenheim met another trisha in our world and he had a kid with her that was the edward of our world. Also if that edward and trisha in our world died, maybe that's why he had the edward from the hagaren world along with Al by trisha. Ahhh I'm getting my self confused. The images can be found in the gallery of a website called NOT A SHRIMP. If you google the website title it will come up. Go look for your self!!! blink.gif
Tombow
Intersting thoughts, but now my brain hurts!! laugh.gif
Seriously, when I start thinking about all those "duality" stuff, my head starts to hurts.... XD
Otherwise, those are very interesting area to explore. happy.gif
Koneko_chan
It was alter!Ed.

Ed possesed his body in the end episodes. He died. T_T
fitchpouch
@ Wrath ownz Envy: oh, i didnt know sig was around 30-40 years old. but anyways, about hohenheim...

[spoiler] didnt trisha not know that hohemheim was 400 years old because she never knew he was a homunculus? correct me if im wrong, but i think that was the case. [/spoiler]

@ who me?Yes you!!!!: well, i went to that site, and i didnt see the pic of alter!Ed. the only pics i saw was of ed with short hair, and he was the only one talking to hohenheim. maybe it seemed like someone else when you looked at it, cause i read somewhere that Ed does cut his hair somewhere.

@ Koneko_chan: is that really what happened? so when that blimp thing landed on him, was ed in alter!ed's body at the time? blink.gif
Dumpling
QUOTE(fitchpouch @ Nov 7 2005, 08:08 PM) [snapback]310700[/snapback]

@ Koneko_chan: is that really what happened? so when that blimp thing landed on him, was ed in alter!ed's body at the time? blink.gif

Sorry for jumpign into your convos, but can't resist. I'm new to FMA (haha yes, where the hell have i been all this time? god knows where lol!) but yes, just finnished watching the entire show in 3 days lmaol. biggrin.gif
and so the ending is still fresh in my mind. you ARE talkign about the ending of the anime serie right?
IMO, i think that you're right, Ed WAS in the Alter-ED's body when the blimp crashed (on him), like sometime earlier it also showed that Ed even realized it himself that he's in someone else's body (which explains the english lookign outfit, and short haircut). which is why when Ed came back to his original world, he's back to being in his own-auto-mail body.

OK. but since this is the MOVIE thread. I've got some questions/comments. (i've tried reading the first 7 pages, but gahhh, this thread has like 30+somethign pages! can't....do...it! blink.gif ) so i'm just gonna be lazy and ask (no doubt already asked questions again hehe).

1) In the Movie Summary, there was an ALPHONSE and an AL. Am i to assume that ALPHONSE was the younger brother living in the "human" world? and Al to be well, Al--the one we all know as that big chunk of an armor.

2) So WHY is AL back to his armor form? wasn't he back to his normal human form in the end of the anime?

3) I was really enjoying this anime, for the majority because of it's adventurous-FANTASY, and then it's like all a sudden OUR world (despite being drawn out in animation, still it's meant to be the "real world") was introduced. this just doesn't balance out. (lol....god, too much of this FMA and i'm influnced to use terms like 'equal trade, balance' lmaol) rolleyes.gif

4) I'm a sucker for romance, so despite this being an action/adventure/fantasy, i still like to see what i can squeeze out of Ed and Winry/ly or how most fans have said: EDWIN. so hearing this ending for the movie.....*BIG SIGH* let's pray for a sequel. would really like to see them in their own world again. --at least, there was the part about Ed telling Al to "take care of Winry" hehehe just simpel words, but if one could digest it more, this brief statment is rather deep. Shows he truly cares for her smile.gif --well, of course cuz they are more than best-friends, but hell, i'd like to think that there's gonna be MORE than just friends-4-life kinda thing, hehe after all, they are still 15-14.....heheh still young ba!

5) Ok, one last question. so does the MANGA still continues after ep. 51 in the anime? (ie. like for Inuyasha *another BIG SIGH* they ended abruptly at ep 167. and that's that, no more anime. BUT it's manga still drags onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol)
If so, hehe does anyone know where to go to continue readign it online (translated english that is)--i'm askign for too much aren't I? hehe.
fitchpouch
@ dumpling: well, i dont know most of the answers for your questions, but i do know the answer to number 5. the manga is continuing, because the anime is like another direction from the manga, so they are different but only have the main stuff the same. so, the rest of the manga will definitely keep going on.

btw, since the manga isnt over yet, you can hope for some real EdxWin in there biggrin.gif
who me?Yes you!!!!
blink.gif @ Dumpling Wow I didn't know that Edward possessed our world Ed's body. Also I have some questions: First, what happens to Ed's body from the hagaren world when he is in the body of the other edward in our world? Second, What about Al who's body is he occupying in our world? Wouldn't the same thing apply to him or happen to him also?I know he can't be living in our world Al's body because he is dead and buried. I don't think Al would be popular with the ladies if he was a walking, talking corpse filled with bullet holes. No I think the stink alone would drove those ladies away!!!!!!
Dumpling
thanks for the tip off fitchpouch. infact i headed over to the manga forum earlier today to ask over there as well biggrin.gif

Who me?Yes you! (haha funny nick) I don't think Ed' (the auto-mail one) just "took" the quote on quote "real world" Ed's body. More like when (we ARE talking about the anime right?) Ed was transmuted, it seems that his conscience (sp?)/soul/psyche etc or watever got tranfered into the "real world" Ed's body-- ie thats why we see a short haired Ed starring into the mirror looking befudled. and then when his Father came into the room and they ran outside, well, as Ed is running, things started to click, and we also see from Ed's point of view/perspective--through his eyes to be precise, that he realize that he was IN someone else's body---which happens to be that world's Ed.

hahah blink.gif am i confusing you?! hahah. let's think of it this way. have you seen the movie "The One" with Jet Li? see, there's alternate, multiple worlds out there, from different time and space, and EACH world would have a YOU, though each of YOU would/might have different traits/profession/lifestyle/etc. though it's still YOU.
--so, we can apply that to Ed, there's more than one Ed, each from different world, but for FMA, there's so far been only two Worlds, so we get Two Ed. tongue.gif ---furthermore, our auto-mail Ed for a brief time fused into the other Ed's body. hahaha. and you'd ask "so what happened to the automail Ed's body?" lol beats me. i forgot! i'd bet it got lost somewhere in that one Gate b/w the two worlds tongue.gif --u know, where something's gotta give, to get something in return etc etc etc. rolleyes.gif lol.
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Dumpling @ Nov 9 2005, 08:08 PM) [snapback]311683[/snapback]

thanks for the tip off fitchpouch. infact i headed over to the manga forum earlier today to ask over there as well biggrin.gif

Who me?Yes you! (haha funny nick) I don't think Ed' (the auto-mail one) just "took" the quote on quote "real world" Ed's body. More like when (we ARE talking about the anime right?) Ed was transmuted, it seems that his conscience (sp?)/soul/psyche etc or watever got tranfered into the "real world" Ed's body-- ie thats why we see a short haired Ed starring into the mirror looking befudled. and then when his Father came into the room and they ran outside, well, as Ed is running, things started to click, and we also see from Ed's point of view/perspective--through his eyes to be precise, that he realize that he was IN someone else's body---which happens to be that world's Ed.

hahah blink.gif am i confusing you?! hahah. let's think of it this way. have you seen the movie "The One" with Jet Li? see, there's alternate, multiple worlds out there, from different time and space, and EACH world would have a YOU, though each of YOU would/might have different traits/profession/lifestyle/etc. though it's still YOU.
--so, we can apply that to Ed, there's more than one Ed, each from different world, but for FMA, there's so far been only two Worlds, so we get Two Ed. tongue.gif ---furthermore, our auto-mail Ed for a brief time fused into the other Ed's body. hahaha. and you'd ask "so what happened to the automail Ed's body?" lol beats me. i forgot! i'd bet it got lost somewhere in that one Gate b/w the two worlds tongue.gif --u know, where something's gotta give, to get something in return etc etc etc. rolleyes.gif lol.

blink.gif woah i got confused for a bit!! but when you think about it hard, you can understand it. biggrin.gif so anyways, if you find out what happened to regular ed when he was in alter!ed's body, could you inform us too?

ok, i went on youtube and found this really cute video, and in it, there is a part where noah was under some blanket, and when she lifted it up, ed was sitting there. when he realized she was there, he tilted his head and kinda looked at her like, "hey there..." it was really cute! ill give you the link. btw, its got the song "lady marmalade" in the backround. tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=PBJzFqS...chemist%20movie
who me?Yes you!!!!
@ Dumpling thanks for the answer. I did see the movie The One and happen to think the story line for the movie was good, but it later got jack up by the production studio, the staff, the writer's pretty much everyone who had anything to do with the movie in general.But getting back to the subject, if Ed was in our world ed's body than why is it in the movie when he is in our world he has fake limbs made for him by his father.I've seen several pictures from the movie showing edward in our world with a fake arm and leg just like the one's he had in the Hagaren world. What's up with that? Also what was it that edward does as an ocuppation in our world? I know he worked for his father. but what type of business did hie father run? Besides leasing himself out as a snitch to the Thule society!!!! LOL laugh.gif Really think about it with their fathers death how will edward and Al eat. Neither one of them has an education past the fifth grade. What can they do sell news papers, really I doubt that will earn them half a loaf of bread, or even 1/3 a glass of the scotch edward seems so found of now a days.
Saint Graphic Alchemist
hey can anyone tell me what kind of downloading program I can use to get the fma movie?
Tombow
QUOTE(Dumpling @ Nov 9 2005, 01:17 PM) [snapback]311460[/snapback]

1) In the Movie Summary, there was an ALPHONSE and an AL. Am i to assume that ALPHONSE was the younger brother living in the "human" world? and Al to be well, Al--the one we all know as that big chunk of an armor.

2) So WHY is AL back to his armor form? wasn't he back to his normal human form in the end of the anime?

3) I was really enjoying this anime, for the majority because of it's adventurous-FANTASY, and then it's like all a sudden OUR world (despite being drawn out in animation, still it's meant to be the "real world") was introduced. this just doesn't balance out. (lol....god, too much of this FMA and i'm influnced to use terms like 'equal trade, balance' lmaol) rolleyes.gif

4) I'm a sucker for romance, so despite this being an action/adventure/fantasy, i still like to see what i can squeeze out of Ed and Winry/ly or how most fans have said: EDWIN. so hearing this ending for the movie.....*BIG SIGH* let's pray for a sequel. would really like to see them in their own world again. --at least, there was the part about Ed telling Al to "take care of Winry" hehehe just simpel words, but if one could digest it more, this brief statment is rather deep. Shows he truly cares for her smile.gif --well, of course cuz they are more than best-friends, but hell, i'd like to think that there's gonna be MORE than just friends-4-life kinda thing, hehe after all, they are still 15-14.....heheh still young ba!

5) Ok, one last question. so does the MANGA still continues after ep. 51 in the anime? (ie. like for Inuyasha *another BIG SIGH* they ended abruptly at ep 167. and that's that, no more anime. BUT it's manga still drags onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol)
If so, hehe does anyone know where to go to continue readign it online (translated english that is)--i'm askign for too much aren't I? hehe.

1) He is an alter version of Al of the Hagaren world.
2) That was (read below only if you want to be spoiled with movie detail.)
[spoiler]Al in Hagaren wold attached a part of his soul to an armor by transmutation and sent back to the other world, it's an armor with only a PART of his soul, and NOT whole Al. [/spoiler]
3) I know what you mean.
4) You got to see the whoile movie to judge, I think. Lots of EdWin fans are not that satisfied as you do, it seems.
5) Yes, manga is still on. BUT, it has completely different storyline. Very very exciting storyline, nonetherless.
You can get linked to manga viewer and read the English version from this very own forum.
Manga online viewer

@Saint Graphic Alchemist - Ceck page 61 of "Fma movie raw" thread for some info.
who me?Yes you!!!!
@fitchppouch That lady Marmalade video is hilarious. I especially love Noah as lil Kim and Glacia as Missy Elliot. And I also never noticed how Riza does look like Christina Aguilara. LOL laugh.gif
Dumpling
Who Me? Yes You!
-Like i said earlier, hehe i was only telling you what I got out of the entire thing from the anime serie lol. For your questions, sorry to say but i've got no clue because I've yet to see the movie (dying to get my hands on it!). hehe maybe some other advent FMA fan who've seen the movie can help answer your questions. biggrin.gif

fitchpouch
-haha thanks for the link. was checkign out the different mvs there, and they were pretty neat. I don't know french, but that song "Lady Marmalade" hehe i do know what they are saying in the chorus: "vous le vous cu she a vec moi" (ok u get the point, i tried my best, i can't write french, but sound it out hehe). I leanred what this mean by the most embarrassing way! this song was on one time and i was singing along to it, and just my luck, that same day, my mom's long-time friend-who is a Priest-who can speak French, came by and heard me singing it! he then was like "do u know what that means?"--- "It means: "would u like to sleep with me". blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif hahaha i felt so stupid >_<.
anyway, that was off on a tangent. wat i meant to say int he first place was. the clips in that song is from the movie wasn't it? if so, wahhh, Winry looks so much more mature now biggrin.gif. and Ed ahaha love it seeing him in that black and white english-cut outfit.

Tombow
-tomo arrigato for the manga link! shall check it out when i'm done crammingfor my exams lol tongue.gif
Ed Elrich
Is the Fullmetal Alchemist movie out in America. If not when does it come out. If it is where can i get a copy to buy or rent.
Antimony
QUOTE(Ed Elrich @ Nov 11 2005, 01:43 AM) [snapback]312309[/snapback]

Is the Fullmetal Alchemist movie out in America. If not when does it come out. If it is where can i get a copy to buy or rent.

Try reading the other threads and previous posts to find out.
fitchpouch
haha im so glad that everyone liked the link! i thought it was real funny and really well made, so i thought you guys would like it the same. so, what did you think about when noah lifted the blanket over her, and when ed tilted his head really cute - its kinda like saying "oh...hey there" tongue.gif i thought it was reeeeaaaaally cute!

@ dumpling: omg that is so funny!
who me?Yes you!!!!
blink.gif Hey I just seen that Genie in a bottle video on youtube. What's going on with Ed and Noah? Do they have a relationship or something? I hope for Noah sakes she leaves Ed alone because Winry looks like she could beat the hell out of someone besides Ed with her wrench. Any way sorry I haven't seen the raw version of the movie, but it look like there's was something going on between them or was I just imagining her and Ed looking hurt when he left her behind( the seen when he flew the plan through the gate) Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me thanks!!!
Tombow
QUOTE(who me?Yes you!!! @ Nov 15 2005, 12:14 PM) [snapback]315111[/snapback]

blink.gif Hey I just seen that Genie in a bottle video on youtube. What's going on with Ed and Noah? Do they have a relationship or something? I hope for Noah sakes she leaves Ed alone because Winry looks like she could beat the hell out of someone besides Ed with her wrench. Any way sorry I haven't seen the raw version of the movie, but it look like there's was something going on between them or was I just imagining her and Ed looking hurt when he left her behind( the seen when he flew the plan through the gate) Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me thanks!!!

The scene where Ed is flying off with plane...
[spoiler]Noah asked Ed to take her with him, and Ed said NO. [/spoiler]
And, this has been already explained several times that
[spoiler]The scene where Noah approaches sleeping Ed in the movie is because she was ordered to use her spychic ability of being able to read what's in the person's mind by touching that person, and to view the transmutation circle that was in Ed's mind.[/spoiler]
@who me?Yes you!!!! - I hope you can get the peak at sub (or dvd next year.) There are so much more in the Fma movie than what's in the summary. happy.gif
fitchpouch
btw, how old is alphonse elric in the movie? and also, how are al and ed's voices like? are they the same?
TheVileOne
QUOTE(fitchpouch @ Nov 17 2005, 01:17 AM) [snapback]315749[/snapback]

btw, how old is alphonse elric in the movie? and also, how are al and ed's voices like? are they the same?

[spoiler]Physically he's 12. Totally he's actually 16-ish.

Ed and Al have the same Japanese voice actors as they did in the series.[/spoiler]
who me?Yes you!!!!
@ Tobow.. Sorry if I annoyed you with the Noah question. But thanks for the info. I can't wait to get my hands on the Movie when it comes out!!! biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(who me?Yes you!!! @ Nov 17 2005, 04:58 PM) [snapback]316233[/snapback]

@ Tobow.. Sorry if I annoyed you with the Noah question. But thanks for the info. I can't wait to get my hands on the Movie when it comes out!!! biggrin.gif

Oh, no, no, I didn't mean to be that way at all!! I said "been posted before" to pay respects to people who already posted that info before me, so that it wouldn't be rude of me posting that info in my post.
Love you, and your posts!! Hugs. smile.gif
fitchpouch
@ TheVileOne: thanks for the info, because i was trying to figure out how he could only be 12 and look so much older. ohmy.gif

you know, when i was watching that Genie in a Bottle video, i also thought that he did look a bit hurt when he flew off. but from a lot that i've read, there wasnt any relationship between them - they were only frieneds. (i for one wished there was a relationship wub.gif ) why didn't he take her with him? or has someone answered that question already? i was trying to figure it out but i couldnt think anything up because of lack of the actual movie to begin with. blink.gif all i could think of was that there wasnt any room left in the plane biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(fitchpouch @ Nov 23 2005, 08:23 PM) [snapback]318929[/snapback]

i was trying to figure it out but i couldnt think anything up because of lack of the actual movie to begin with. blink.gif all i could think of was that there wasnt any room left in the plane biggrin.gif

Awww, if you have enough room in your hard drive, you can get to see the sneak look of the movie. Check last few pages of "Full Metal Alchemist Movie" thread in this forum, if you like. happy.gif

Anyway, yeah I think it was a small fighter plane. If I can find any screencap of Ed in the plane, I'll try to post it. happy.gif
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 25 2005, 03:08 PM) [snapback]319705[/snapback]

QUOTE(fitchpouch @ Nov 23 2005, 08:23 PM) [snapback]318929[/snapback]

i was trying to figure it out but i couldnt think anything up because of lack of the actual movie to begin with. blink.gif all i could think of was that there wasnt any room left in the plane biggrin.gif

Awww, if you have enough room in your hard drive, you can get to see the sneak look of the movie. Check last few pages of "Full Metal Alchemist Movie" thread in this forum, if you like. happy.gif

Anyway, yeah I think it was a small fighter plane. If I can find any screencap of Ed in the plane, I'll try to post it. happy.gif

actually, later on i found a clip on youTube with the part of alphonse heiderich sending ed into the plane with one seat (ToT) and also when noa is calling up to him. so, i guess he didnt take her because alphonse heiderich indicated it for ed. how sweet wub.gif
MahalsAngel
First time adding a comment. Just wanted to say that however sad the movie is it is quite a suitable ending. We all know that the anime is primarily about Ed and Al no romance stuff (tear..). So the ending for them to be together is great!! it just sucks that once again they can't have peace in their life, they have to deal with our crap of a war. Its just not fair, i thought it would be great if they could stay in their world and finally find some peace. Wheras in our world they'll suffer with having to deal with the war. That's the only part that truly pisses me off.
Tombow
@MahalsAngel - I agree about Ed and Al. And, welcome to our board!! smile.gif
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 2 2005, 01:39 AM) [snapback]323005[/snapback]

@MahalsAngel - I agree about Ed and Al. And, welcome to our board!! smile.gif

same here
Brittney
This was a pretty good summary! I'm glad at least something happened between ed & winry. I just cant wait until the movie comes to the USA! biggrin.gif
imOBSESSEDwithFMA
QUOTE(Basser @ Sep 30 2005, 03:11 PM) [snapback]294434[/snapback]

GAH!! THAT WAS SUCH A TERRIBLE ENDING!! ;__; I watched the whole movie thinking we were gonna get a nice, happy ending and then POW! GRAARGH.... Why can't Hagaren ever be good and happy?? =__=

Man.. I could barely follow the conversations though.... Damn it, I need to take some classes or something and figure out why I can't talk right... You'd think after three years I'd still be able to understand stuff. Sheesh...

Anyway.. Why the HELL would Ed go back to Germany? What an ass! I don't care if all the rockets and stuff were coming through, he didn't have to leave poor Al sobbing into Mustang's arms! *hisss* This was NO closure, if you ask me. The whole series would have ended a lot better if Ed had just died in the last episode and Al had gone on to grow up and live a happy-ever-after life. Would've made for a lot less weird fanfics, too. xD

*glomps Hagaren* NOOO IT CAN'T BE OVEEER!!! *sob*

AHHH!!!!! I SO TOTALLY AGREE!!!! I wanted a happy ending too!!!! will there be like a fullmetal alchemist 2 or something???? *throws a stupid tantrum because of the dumb UNhappy ending* huh.gif
Nepharski
I've seen part of the movie already (First 20 minutes). Didn't know we got to see Archer's look-a-like.
vfdj42
I watched the first 20 minutes and I'm trying to torrent it, but for some reason THEY NEVER WORK! JKSHNKLJDSLHKFD

No Roy yet, but Nazi Hughes! Yay! I had no idea what went on because it's not subbed or dubbed. Eh.

I don't like the ending, either (from what I've read). I know it's childish to want a happy ending, but...oh come on, anything but that!

Emo!Roy was uncalled for. >:(
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Brittney @ Dec 18 2005, 05:40 PM) [snapback]331129[/snapback]

This was a pretty good summary! I'm glad at least something happened between ed & winry. I just cant wait until the movie comes to the USA! biggrin.gif

oh brittney i love your avi! its so glittery and pretty! wub.gif

and also, i was pretty glad that there was a little blushing in the movie, but i for one like noah better than winry. nothing against winry or anything, but i just dont like how she always makes such a big deal of ed's auto mail.
Nepharski
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Dec 30 2005, 03:19 PM) [snapback]335281[/snapback]

I watched the first 20 minutes and I'm trying to torrent it, but for some reason THEY NEVER WORK! JKSHNKLJDSLHKFD

No Roy yet, but Nazi Hughes! Yay! I had no idea what went on because it's not subbed or dubbed. Eh.

I don't like the ending, either (from what I've read). I know it's childish to want a happy ending, but...oh come on, anything but that!

Emo!Roy was uncalled for. >:(

See my Untranslated thread! First 33 minutes is covered, approx.
Dusha
I have to say that I didn't really mind the ending. It might just be the subbed version I downloaded, but it seemed that there was a hint (I'd almost say a promise) of another movie. Am I the only one who got this impression?
Kanagome
i saw the movie, just a few hours ago.... it was actually from the real dvd (but my brothes frienddownloaed it XDlol) the thing is though it had very bad subbing, the names were subbed wrong like winry was wendy... and like.... wraith was ross...... =/ there was alot of things like that.... i really have to say i am very disapointed in the ending lol.... well not so disapointed.. just sorta mad/sad that they couldnt stay.... the movie was good... but the ending.... T.T oh and are their other movies? i keep hearing there are.. maybe just rumors? i dunno.... lol but yea..............TT.TT
fitchpouch
QUOTE(Kanagome @ Jan 19 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]340505[/snapback]

i saw the movie, just a few hours ago.... it was actually from the real dvd (but my brothes frienddownloaed it XDlol) the thing is though it had very bad subbing, the names were subbed wrong like winry was wendy... and like.... wraith was ross...... =/ there was alot of things like that.... i really have to say i am very disapointed in the ending lol.... well not so disapointed.. just sorta mad/sad that they couldnt stay.... the movie was good... but the ending.... T.T oh and are their other movies? i keep hearing there are.. maybe just rumors? i dunno.... lol but yea..............TT.TT

wow, so you saw the movie from the official dvd? psh, wendy? blink.gif how could they mix it up like that? it's like they released the dvd without even double-checking it at all. please, america better help out with the names when the movie is released in the us.

btw, if anyone knows, will the movie be released in theatres or just sent out as a dvd?
TheLaughingMan9
the movie will be comming out in america right?with english voices?can't wait to c it. don't unstand it all tho since adult swim is only up to episode 44/45
fitchpouch
QUOTE(TheLaughingMan9 @ Jan 28 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]344179[/snapback]

the movie will be comming out in america right?with english voices?can't wait to c it. don't unstand it all tho since adult swim is only up to episode 44/45

yeah, it will be coming out in america with american voices and all, but what im wondering about is the date. people have been saying things like itll be coming out in february, but the 7th dvd of FMA came out on January 10, and that only goes up to episode 28. i dont know if they'll send out the movie based on whether they had finished all of the episodes on adult swim to show the movie on their channel, or if they will wait until all of the dvds will come out. im gonna have to go with when they finish the episodes, because that would be a REALLY long time to wait since the 8th dvd will come out around march.

haha, btw, January 10 was my birthday, so i guess it was a reasonable birthday present. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.