Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
TheVileOne
Excellent post pamster.

Blitz
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 22 2005, 04:34 PM) [snapback]290563[/snapback]

I'm surprised you people like anime at all to complain about something as trivial as that.

When I said "those bastards!" I was being sarcastic.
TheVileOne
My point still stands since people are complaining about this pretty frequently.
Can somebody please get me a screenshot of Ros and Armstrong at the very end of the movie. If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about.

Please, you guys? I need it BADLY!!!
I mean Rose. Yeah....
You guys are mean. sad.gif
Aog
Dude, stop spamming the thread.
Then somebody find the pic
Mystique
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 23 2005, 06:34 AM) [snapback]290563[/snapback]

I'm surprised you people like anime at all to complain about something as trivial as that.

its not a case of liking anime for that to be trivial.
its a damn good story.
and i alike thers (first time i watched it) was left frustrated and unsastified, so many loose ends.
that happens to any good story it's bound to leave u feeling a lil cheated.
overall i still love fma, but a few rants and raves bout it never hurt anyone happy.gif

as for the pic, try getting the last movie part and screenshot ir urself using BS player (google that to download it) or wait for the dvd/someone else to give to u patiently....
Blitz
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 24 2005, 01:48 AM) [snapback]291493[/snapback]

Then somebody find the pic

Why the hell don't you look yourself? Go to the FMA livejournal community or something. They should have lots of screeenshots. Or got to Google like Mystique said.
Guest_Neko_*
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4871/throza4fg.jpg

Here's the pic, so shut up and get a life! >:(
Wow. Thanks Neko. =)
Aog
hmmm..... intersnting pic.
Pamster
So how many times have you watched it? I think I am up to six at least by now. What about you? You being every one of you who feel like answering. smile.gif
AnnabellAlchemist
hia im am an obsessed fan coming to thak u for the summery. it was to depressing, tho. im sorry, but i think the fma movie might have been better if it was talored a tiny bit to the anime/manga. i DO NOT support ed+win but i do support ed+me, and they didnt have that so... bummer..... oh welll

thanx again for your summery: i haf been lookin for one for EVER (or the last few.... ok last month) and this is the only one worth s**t. thanx, even tho its sad and DOES NOT go w/ the show at ALL and seems like a different thing all together.

ok thanx 4 the last time and bi

annabell

ps.
*ahem*
ed didnt recognize the tranzmutation circle????? wtf?????
Mystique
QUOTE(AnnabellAlchemist @ Sep 27 2005, 04:07 PM) [snapback]293384[/snapback]

hia im am an obsessed fan coming to thak u for the summery. it was to depressing, tho. im sorry, but i think the fma movie might have been better if it was talored a tiny bit to the anime/manga. i DO NOT support ed+win but i do support ed+me, and they didnt have that so... bummer..... oh welll

*high fives*
so true!, lol. of course can only wish to meet him in my dreams tongue.gif

ps.
*ahem*
ed didnt recognize the tranzmutation circle????? wtf?????

go figure, first time i saw it, me and my friend where like:
with that lil piece of chalk!?!?!
lol
only seen it 3 times, but it cost me 10 a go tongue.gif
still, theres no price (too...too high) tongue.gif for a 40inch+ cinematic experiecnce of Ed IPB Image
Basser
GAH!! THAT WAS SUCH A TERRIBLE ENDING!! ;__; I watched the whole movie thinking we were gonna get a nice, happy ending and then POW! GRAARGH.... Why can't Hagaren ever be good and happy?? =__=

Man.. I could barely follow the conversations though.... Damn it, I need to take some classes or something and figure out why I can't talk right... You'd think after three years I'd still be able to understand stuff. Sheesh...

Anyway.. Why the HELL would Ed go back to Germany? What an ass! I don't care if all the rockets and stuff were coming through, he didn't have to leave poor Al sobbing into Mustang's arms! *hisss* This was NO closure, if you ask me. The whole series would have ended a lot better if Ed had just died in the last episode and Al had gone on to grow up and live a happy-ever-after life. Would've made for a lot less weird fanfics, too. xD

*glomps Hagaren* NOOO IT CAN'T BE OVEEER!!! *sob*

Mystique
*pats basser on the back*
there there, that's a natural first time response, see it again with subs and since the shock's now over you'll grow to like it happy.gif
Jay
Actually, from the sound of the movie, it goes very well with the spirit of the series.

The entire series was about loss, imperfection in the world, and how life was rarely "happily ever after" but instead usually more "good enough that we can still go on." One is all and all are one . . . people die, people leave, life continues. The movie holds to that theme, so while it's sad that things aren't perfect, things are good, and there is closure.

Not to say I wouldn't love a continuation (I AM a sucker for a happy ending, after all), but I can be content with this movie.
Mystique
Couldn't have said that better myself, honestly.
that's totally quote worthy happy.gif

EDIT: totally refreshing. Spoken like a true FMA fan happy.gif
sorry if it sounds like overpraise, but he couldn't have described the spirit of this anime any better than what was written, brought a smile to my face for the day it did happy.gif
TheVileOne
Thank you so much Jay. Its refreshing to read posts such as yours.

I never remember Studio Bones promising the fans that this movie was going to have a nice and happy ending either. Only that it would be a direct sequel to the end of the series taking place 2 years later.
greenalarm10
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Jul 23 2005, 01:42 AM) [snapback]224018[/snapback]

No Roy ending?? Winry losing her bestfriends, again, Izumi-sensei already dead, Wrath is a good boy now but he dies horribly, no Royai, brothers not in own world ;___; Even though the brothers reunite and stay together it's still so sad sad.gif

I don't think it's likely that there will be a continuation from the looks of Edo's ending dialogue, he isn't really the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore ;__;

Thanx for the summary Sycia

THERES NO ROYAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, it leaves the title meaningless...ougghhh...and he demoted himself to corporal?!
greenalarm10
nyways, great job and thanx for the summary

for all you royai fans out there, here's a link to the best royai scene in the movie (acc. to me)
i couldnt understand what they were saying, so subs/ text wil be appreciated. =p

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MUXC07...LP37QY9T6JKZDWB
Tombow
@greenalarm10 - I'm still trying to get the subbed version, but this is my very very quick translation:

Roy to Armstrong:"How did it go?" (Roy asked Armstrong to get something to get him on air in preceeding scene in the movie.)

Armstrong: "This is what I could get in a hurry."

Roy: "Good enough."

Roy inflates the baloon.

Riza: "Please wait."

Roy: "I can only make it to carry one person."

Armstrong stops Riza.

Riza: "No..." (Actually, that's not exactly what she said, but anyway, some expression of disappointment.)

I thought Roy was cold. sad.gif

Come to think of it, no real connecting scenes for them in the movie, like the Ed-Win hug scene.
They are missiing during the end of movie "how they are now" scenes as well.
I wonder if the omissions were intentional.
Guest_Riza Hawkeye_*
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I SAW TEH MOVIE! YAY!
greenalarm10
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 3 2005, 01:04 PM) [snapback]295583[/snapback]

@greenalarm10 - I'm still trying to get the subbed version, but this is my very very quick translation:

Roy to Armstrong:"How did it go?" (Roy asked Armstrong to get something to get him on air in preceeding scene in the movie.)

Armstrong: "This is what I could get in a hurry."

Roy: "Good enough."

Roy inflates the baloon.

Riza: "Please wait."

Roy: "I can only make it to carry one person."

Armstrong stops Riza.

Riza: "No..." (Actually, that's not exactly what she said, but anyway, some expression of disappointment.)

I thought Roy was cold. sad.gif

Come to think of it, no real connecting scenes for them in the movie, like the Ed-Win hug scene.
They are missiing during the end of movie "how they are now" scenes as well.
I wonder if the omissions were intentional.

yes, thats so true! and, thanks for the trans!
Singhay
What if the "how they are now" scene is after the credits? In the F0rk version it cut off before the credits ended.
Tombow
QUOTE(Singhay @ Oct 4 2005, 08:01 PM) [snapback]296125[/snapback]

What if the "how they are now" scene is after the credits? In the F0rk version it cut off before the credits ended.

Good point! Let's ask someone who watched the movie in the theater...
(Paging Mystique!! Or anyone!! tongue.gif )
Mystique
no no, trust me i would have said.
In japan anyways, going to the cinema is plenty weird, one of this weirdness is for every movie, everyone stays in their seat until entire credits roll. In movies such as pixar, it'd be fun to watch outtakes, but FMA had none, and i'd done this 3 times (just bopped and quietly sang along to 'lost heaven' tune) tongue.gif
But just black screen, credits throughout, i did wanna check id left nothing out.
If anythings to been seen, it'd be on the dvd. IPB Image

Although the OP is a treat, (that's on the camera take right, cause it happens after the gypsies sing)
Tombow
Thank you, Mystique, for that clear description of actual ending credits from the movie!!
And, a funny bit about everybody sitting politely through ending credits in Japan!! laugh.gif

Reminds me of Bon Jovi and their band members talking on TV (On Tonight Show, no less! I know, I can be frighteningly lame sometime. tongue.gif ) about their tour experince in Japan, that at the end of concert (after it was over) thousands of audiences remained in their seats and waited patiently till their blocks of seats were called as the next ones to exit the stadium.
Different places, different customs. happy.gif

QUOTE(Mystique @ Oct 5 2005, 06:04 AM) [snapback]296285[/snapback]

If anythings to been seen, it'd be on the dvd. IPB Image

I'm soooo hoping that too!! I want a truck load of extra stuff on DVD!!

And, yes, I LOVE the opening credits of the movie!!
TheVileOne
The opening credits sequences was masterful. I loved how they incorporated the DVD cover artwork in there.
Mystique
yep yep happy.gif
and if you're as sad as me, you'll notice how the font for the OP credits are lil bits of automail that reassemble into the words of like 'director names and so on' tongue.gif
lol, sorry i thought that cool along with the DVD artwork wink.gif
Tombow
Wow, I did not notice about the automail bits from watching it on a small screen.
That's so cool!!
I so wanna see this movie on a big screen!! happy.gif
Guest_Kaze_*
Wow. This was better than i tought. Edo is alive, and so do is Aru... and both are TOGETHER! That makes me incredibly happy xD! I was SO worried about them T-T!(knowing how studios BONES works...just watch Wolf's Rain or Cowboybebop Movie...*shivers*)

I don't want a sequel. I already watched the movie, and i think it's fine. We know Riza and Roy loves each other, and that Edo feels something about Winry. They romance is just a "plus" on the plot.

The only thing i didn't like was this whole "WWII".... but i can get over it. Oh, btw...i hate Noah. I hate her with ALL my soul.

Loelephant
YAY MOVIE RANTING TIME!!

Quite frankly, I disliked this movie. Overall it felt like I was watching some crappy war flick rather than Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes, now you're all gonna yell at me saying "WELL DUH". I know. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

The characters were... off. Ed was rather blah. I know he's probably changed a lot in the past two years, but really. I expected a little more emotion coming from him. (a note: the Ed and Al reunion scene was, uh, underwhelming...) blink.gif AND ROY. MY GOODNESS. That angsty attitude was pulled from NOWHERE. He was smiling and hopeful at the end of the series. And suddenly, in the movie, he feels bad for all the things he's done wrong in his life. Did I miss something here? [oh yeah, I love (hint-NOT) how they didn't put any sort of ending for him....]

Let's see... the evil lady was rather laughable. And I didn't see the point of Noah really (although my friends insist that she had a purpose. But I still couldn't tell you what it is tongue.gif ). ++Personally, I see Noah (being Rose's alter) as BONES's weird way of trying to hook up Rose and Ed- judging from the end of the TV series they certainly seemed to like that pairing. rolleyes.gif ++ I did like Alphonse Heidrich; I felt really bad for him. I smacked my forehead when they shot him down, though. Too many random deaths in this movie.

There were a couple parts I liked, mostly invovling Wrath. His actions definitely made up for any annoying behaviors he displayed in the series. Sacrificing himself so Al could access the gate increased my respect and admiration for him by about a gazillion points. ^^; And his reunion with Izumi was so sweet; I think it was the only thing that really touched me in this movie. Another part I enjoyed was Roy snapping out orders to Havoc and company towards the end. laugh.gif

Um, yeah. Speaking of the end, it was pretty lame. I had totally predicted the outcome before I saw the movie. I'm thinking now that I just didn't like the "plot twist" about the gate that was introduced at the end of the TV series- and by this, I am of course referring to the revelation that the other side of the gate is our world. It kind of ruined the fantasy-feel of Fullmetal Alchemist to me. I suppose this explains why I had such a problem with this movie in concept alone ^^ (and, I admit, I am incredibly biased against war movies). But I am also of the opinion that the movie was badly executed. The whole thing just seemed utterly ridiculous to me.

Hm. I could have said a lot more, but I'll spare all of you. Please don't hurt me too much, everybody. *ducks*
Tombow
QUOTE(Guest_Kaze_* @ Oct 11 2005, 07:02 PM) [snapback]298779[/snapback]

Wow. This was better than i tought. Edo is alive, and so do is Aru... and both are TOGETHER! That makes me incredibly happy xD! I was SO worried about them T-T!(knowing how studios BONES works...just watch Wolf's Rain or Cowboybebop Movie...*shivers*)

I don't want a sequel. I already watched the movie, and i think it's fine. We know Riza and Roy loves each other, and that Edo feels something about Winry. They romance is just a "plus" on the plot.

The only thing i didn't like was this whole "WWII".... but i can get over it. Oh, btw...i hate Noah. I hate her with ALL my soul.

Ummmm, you do know that Roy never uttered any warm words to Riza in the movie, and Ed's parting message to Winry was "thanks for the automail!", and not much of Roy-ai nor Ed-Win romance at all in the movie, right??
Oh, and you understood that the reason Noah approached Ed while he was sleeping was because she was ordered to use her psychic mind reading power by touching a person, and view the transmutation circlem in Ed's mind, right?
Just checking. smile.gif
Oh, and yes, I, too am very glad that Ed and Al are together again!! happy.gif

@Loelephant - Nah, I have no intention of hurting you!! I like reading other people's views and opinions, whether theirs agree with mine or not, and you presented yours nicely.
I think those various points in your opinion of the movie are very valid. smile.gif
Aog
I havent seen the movie yet, so Ill just get all the spoilers I can from you guys.
Tombow
@Aog - Cam version is out there, with subb or without, if you have a space to dl 1.4 GB, and can do torrent.
And, less than 100 MB raw version have been available also.
I hope somehow you can get to see the movie soon. smile.gif
Aog
No, it must be offical.
Newbie here,
Just wondering about something...

Al and Ed both have normal human bodies and end up being able to live their lives together?

That's all I care about.
I read the excellent summary and came to the conclusion that Ed and Al did in fact get to live together with normal bodies.

However, that was not said simply enough for me.

So, could someone answer me with a simple and concise statment.

Did Ed and Al both end up with human bodies, in the same world, living together?
(that typical happy ending stuff?)

Thanks a million,
-
Shizuka85
In the end, Ed and Al are both living in the same world. Al has a human body, but Ed still has automail.
Aog
So.... Automail is pimp.
Tombow
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 23 2005, 10:56 AM) [snapback]303450[/snapback]

Did Ed and Al both end up with human bodies, in the same world, living together?

Yeah, more or less.
Like Shizuka has posted, Ed still has artificial limbs, but Ed doesn't look like he minds that.

QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 23 2005, 05:06 PM) [snapback]303565[/snapback]

So.... Automail is pimp.

@Aog - Huh?? You lost me with this one.
GTP_Kent
Hello all,

I'm the "guest" that asked the questions above.

Thanks for answering my questions.

To make what could be a really long story short...
I have some deep ties to FMA and wanting to know the end has been eating me up for a long time.

Thanks a ton for putting my heart to rest.
I just can't say how happy I am to know that Al gets "a" body and Ed doesn't have to die to get Al that body.

Although I must admit that I am disappointed to see Wenry not getting any love from Ed. sad.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks again,
-
Aog
@Tombow= I ment that the automail makes him look cool.
GTP_Kent
The Auto Mail also serves a few good purposes.

For starters, it's a great reminder of why him and Al should both settle for what they have at the end of the series, rather than go and try to do more human trans-mutations.

Also, it's great for fighting. smile.gif
I'm sure Al will love his new body, but that first fight he gets in is gonna be a rude awakening.
Black-eyes and a sore jaw will be new feelings to him and for once he may wish he had a huge suit of armor to easily destroy his enemies. laugh.gif

Btw, thanks again for straightening out my view.
Knowing that both of them get to be together and in human bodies makes me want to finish the series more than ever.

I just can't stand the constant sad endings you find in all of the good anime these days. sad.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 24 2005, 05:24 AM) [snapback]303774[/snapback]

So.... Automail is pimp.

@Aog - Huh?? You lost me with this one.

QUOTE(Aog @ Oct 25 2005, 08:54 AM) [snapback]304126[/snapback]

@Tombow= I ment that the automail makes him look cool.

Duh!! Of course!! Sometimes I'm so slow!! laugh.gif
Thanks!!
BTW, I hope you feel better soon.

@GTP_Kent - I keep forgetting to mention this... Welcome to the forum!!
Jellybean

So.... Automail is pimp.

Damn straight. laugh.gif It was obvious from the beginning of the series that Ed would never get his arm and leg back. Everyone loves the automail too much.
some person who was bored this m
Automail IS pimp you guys, but we're all forgetting what over 300 people were probably talking about! The fact that the ending sucked, in both the movie and the anime. (Personally, i think Wrath ending with automail and ppl coming to our world was just (bleep)in stupid! I suggest that they get I.G. and Gainax to help them with an ending since the ppl who make FMA just cant do endings. ph34r.gif hiding from mega-FMA fans that wanna kill me ph34r.gif but overall, i really didn't understand your summary, so hopefully ill find out after limewire is done and i can understand the whole movie despite the fact i only know about 5 different japanese words. In a show like FMA, if the first ep has their mom dead, then it should end with everyone dying. This may be my first anime movie to watch, but most AMERICAN movies have everyone dying in the end. Not to say im h8in against japanese ppl, but im retarded. FMA is freakin uber, then i download and download, and now theres a billion animes btr than it. Prob if i stick around long enough, ill be forced to see all the eps again smile.gif that would be nice.
Equivalent Exchange? What's that? I'll just be a soul attached to armor, and bring back like, an army of armors with my soul so my souul is in like a billion places at once! Perfect sense, huh? Also, if Ed has automail, then why doesn't it ever run out of batteries? Or why doesn't it melt b.c if you ever left your computer on for about a month, and then opened it up, its hot as heck! Ed keeps his automail a few years... on all the time... and it doesn't melt or burn him. I'm just making this suck for all of you, aren't i? You are all probably thinking to yourself "WHY DOESNT THIS KID SHUT UP!?!?!?" ill tell you why. because FMA is good, but FLCL is btr biggrin.gif Anime is good because it doesn't make sense!
I've seen the movie and its so bad I cant even find the words... there are so many plot holes that I lost count. Alter Al has no porpes in the movie, we never learn the motoviations of the villiness, I mean really I loved the series (even the crapy ending of it - where in hell did they came up with the idea that Ed's in love with Roze?!) but the scrip writer of this movie never should have been payed.

After seeing the preview of the movie I thought that Ed would find some way to trasfare his spirit back to his world and put it in Al's old armor suit, that way he real would have been "The Fullmetal Alchmist".

I was really looking forward to this movie, to bad it wasnt worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.