Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
guest - hughes fan
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Aug 2 2005, 04:51 PM)
I know Roy got shot in the head but miraculously survived.... tings don't make sense these days...
[snapback]237601[/snapback]

finally someone says it...
i never understood wat's up with that....roy to the head but he's ok, yet wen hughes is shot in the stomach he dies supposedly instantly (to mine and other's dismay)
w/e, bones is like that *argh*
Aog
Wow. It sounds so cool, do you know if it will be relested in the US?
poperpenguin
I read the summary and was a little diapointed, they left a lot unsettled. But i still wanna see the movie....

But does anyone know when it will be released in the US or even when i can see it fansub??????????PLEASE TELL ME!!!??!?!!?!
TheVileOne
QUOTE(GUEST @ Aug 6 2005, 07:59 PM)

blink.gif whoah calm down people, i didnt say the ending sucked or anything like that, i just said that it was kinda depressing, i still like the series and the ending of the movie, and as for feardotcom, i just recently watched it a while ago, and the ending is kinda similar.....also i hated it. i havent seen cowboy behop, but i might as well rent it. AND ALSO im not an obsessed EdWin fan, i wasn't expecting them to be together like most people.
[snapback]243682[/snapback]

Dude...quit comparing Fullmetal Alchemist to FEARDOTCOM mad.gif !!!!

And back on topic, I think the movie sounds fine. The brothers reunite, and unexpectedely stick together. So Winry and Ed don't stay together....these people have to realize that the pairing of EdxWinry was NOT cannon in the anime and therefor would not be taken seriously by the creators...besides that little hugging bit

I disagree I think it is VERY much canon in the anime. Ed made a decision at the end of the movie. He made a decision in what he felt was putting the greater good ahead of him instead of his own wants, needs, and desires. That's why I think at the end of a day Ed is such a great and interesting character.

"With great power comes great responsibility." smile.gif .
Hagane No Renkinjutsushi {ED}
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 7 2005, 12:07 AM)
[snapback]244609[/snapback]

YES PLEASE TELL ( well as soon as you find out that is ) and i couldnt resist especial since it wont be in the us for a while {Cries} ) and they MUST make a sequal ( imo )
Mitzi
Well, the ending turned out sorta how i pictured it. I'm glad there was a bit of Ed x Winry that's nice to hear. But I mean there's still always fanfics XD.

I'm kind of disapointed, but whatever I still have to watch the movie and see if i like it XD.

Thanks so much for the summary! I was searching forever for one, lol. o_~
well, i am currently in japan and i watched the movie yesterday... i read the summary because my japanese sucks (for the moment, i hope) and i would like to understand some of the parts that i missed
but i would like to correct the fact that

***** spoiler

the moment where ed redraws the taboo and opens the portal is before meeting the armor with alphonse`s soul and not before his father became a blood waterfall

one thing i still dont understand:
from what i could grasp, the nazi were defeated... and alter!hughes was a nazi and still in the end he was roaming freely. does that mean that in fact he was a spy or that the nazi still prevailed?
lostmused
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 7 2005, 01:07 AM)
[snapback]244609[/snapback]

I have a feeling it won't be until they finish releasing the whole TV Series...which might be awhile... sad.gif
TheVileOne
To give you guys an idea, the series won't be finished in the US until well into 2006.
Pamster
Does anyone know if Al did become a State Alchemist and if so what his State Alchemist name was? I really wanna know because I am planning a one shot fan fic from his POV after the series but pre-movie and if he had a name I want to use it rather then make one up myself. wink.gif
NightMistress
QUOTE(guest - hughes fan @ Aug 7 2005, 01:34 AM)
I know Roy got shot in the head but miraculously survived.... tings don't make sense these days...

i never understood wat's up with that....roy to the head but he's ok, yet wen hughes is shot in the stomach he dies supposedly instantly (to mine and other's dismay)
[snapback]244552[/snapback]

People survive bullets to the head. A girl on my campus was shot in the head by her boyfriend (the boyfriend then killed himself). She lost feeling in 3 of her fingers and she's now blind, but she gets around, has friends, and looks like she is enjoying what life has to offer. Roy's eye was hit first which can sometimes cushion the blow to the brain. Archer wasn't all that close to Roy either.

Hughes was shot closer up and the bullet either pierced through his kidneys, hit his liver or he simply bled to death because no one showed up right away to save him. Riza most likely got Roy help immediately after she was able to get herself together from the shock and fear of seeing him like that.
Saturn Stars
i know ppl survive it, but it's rare. I guess anime takes up on those rarities
Pamster
I was watching some show and they had a guy getting hit in the head, he was paralyzed on the left side and they showed an xray of the bullet like in the CENTER of his HEAD it was creepy, but he got better-you couldn't see him getting shot, he just fell down and couldn't move or talk really. It was creepy. Guns wig me out. tongue.gif But I always wondered about Roy's eye, like how he lost it and yet wasn't paralyzed.
andres higuera
In which episode did roy lose his eye?
And is ed still shorter than roy?Did Roy really got shot in the eye?
by who?
TheVileOne
Roy lost his eye in the final episode when he was attacked by robo-Archer.
Aog
No one has answered our question!
When will this F***ing movie come out in the US darn it?!?!!?!?!?!?!? mad.gif
Saturn Stars
no-one knows... keep it cool
Pamster
Look for it to be around fall 2006 in all honesty before they release it here Aog. I think that is the best we can hope for. smile.gif

So is Al NOT a state alchemist then? Can anyone who saw the movie confirm he was NOT an SA? Or even that he was indeed a SA to help further his search for Ed? Hate to sound like a broken harp, strum, strum, boing...But I am just dying to know! biggrin.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(Pamster @ Aug 12 2005, 01:13 PM)
Look for it to be around fall 2006 in all honesty before they release it here Aog. I think that is the best we can hope for. :)

So is Al NOT a state alchemist then? Can anyone who saw the movie confirm he was NOT an SA? Or even that he was indeed a SA to help further his search for Ed? Hate to sound like a broken harp, strum, strum, boing...But I am just dying to know! :D
[snapback]248993[/snapback]

He's not a state alchemist. Izumi would've wringed him.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 11 2005, 12:34 AM)
[snapback]248170[/snapback]

Chill man, I've already said it won't be for a while.

The second season of the series won't be done in the US until well into 2006. So the movie won't come out until after that time.

Patience precious, all will come to us in time. Just be happy that we have a company that isn't going to screw with us with the movie on DVD like Dreamworks did with Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence.
Pamster
QUOTE(Sycia @ Aug 12 2005, 01:45 AM)
QUOTE(Pamster @ Aug 12 2005, 01:13 PM)
Look for it to be around fall 2006 in all honesty before they release it here Aog. I think that is the best we can hope for. smile.gif

So is Al NOT a state alchemist then? Can anyone who saw the movie confirm he was NOT an SA? Or even that he was indeed a SA to help further his search for Ed? Hate to sound like a broken harp, strum, strum, boing...But I am just dying to know! biggrin.gif
[snapback]248993[/snapback]

He's not a state alchemist. Izumi would've wringed him.
[snapback]249077[/snapback]

Thank you Sycia! I've been wanting to know ever since we saw images of him wearing the red coat and black looking outfit like Ed wore. smile.gif
Mystique
lol, good summery, there's a few parts missing (just our real world prejuduces that Ed had to face and Nazi stuff) and a lil tl errors (i watched it 2nd time on tuesday, so it's still kinda fresh in my head)
plus for time sequences, man just listen to the movie soundtrack, it tells the story through there in the right order, lol.
and the bitch!!?!?
shooting Ed, i kinda freaked but then i remembered, he's the main character, he can't die!
heh...heh...
(it's FMA, anyone can die)
anyways tongue.gif

you guys aren't getting an Ed/winry match
(yo scyia, u didn't mention what noa did and how she looked when she sneaked into Ed's bedroom while he was alseep.
did u not supress squealing, or did u not supress squealing, lol
(u're supposed to be silent in a japanese cinema sleep.gif
so i was just freaking out, breath held in my seat tongue.gif

and the blood, yeah same exact thoughts, (woah...a lot of blood) but it made nice cinematic dramatic effect cause Ed was kinda broken at that point.

pretty sad reason for dietlinde to destroy a world huh, but that's how sad humans are at most times tho.
one of my fav part, i love when Ed, Al and Roy team up and the theme tune just brings tears to my eyes, cause it always reminds me of that scene. At the time i was like
'yeaaaah everyone's back in the game!'
then..then the seperation
first time seeing:
what...what.. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING!?!? whyyy!?!!?
2nd time:
just cried, lol, even though i already knew what happened.
the part about winry....
al's in a right state, as roy holds him back, as a last desperate resort he goes:
What about Winry!?
(we're all holding our breaths and gasped)
Ed had turned his back and was walking and stopped and flinched a lil when he heard this.
he turns and raises his automail and says:
'tell her, 'thank you'
(Ed...that was cold man)
lol
then as he returns, winry (so sad) looks up at the sky and says
'he on that ship (returning) i know it.
He's making me wait again....
(tears, tears, pple)

so her saying that and the way it went down makes me think, if the writers wanted to earn another few million yen, they'll make another movie/ova

they left that many loose strings (the bastards) it can be a random adventure, the brothers together once again but stuck in our world, wanting to get back?
i heard something about having to find that bomb and the guy...
it's an ending but then again it's not.
however i hope and from what Ed says often in the movie,(the real world is as much the same as our world beyond the gate, this is our home now)
this is the end. happy.gif

PS: sorry the main reason i posted as well, lol i wanted to know if anyone could email/upload to me the 'lost heaven' tune, kinda got it stuck in my head since it's the end credits.
thank you happy.gif
andres higuera
It sounds like everybody hated the ending.
Is Ed still shorter than Roy?
GothicAlchemist
does anyone know where i can find a trailer for the movie??? i neeeeed to see it!!!!! pleeeeease? rolleyes.gif *puppy dog eyes* i won't be able to see the movie for aaaages because of the england-ness!!! i'll have to wait till it's out on dvd somewhere so i can buy it!!! please please please help!!!
Saturn Stars
Oh mystique... your re-summary made me cry! I can't believe Winry says that... it's so horrible, I can't take it.
guest - hughes fan
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Aug 8 2005, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE(guest - hughes fan @ Aug 7 2005, 01:34 AM)

[snapback]244552[/snapback]

People survive bullets to the head. A girl on my campus was shot in the head by her boyfriend (the boyfriend then killed himself). She lost feeling in 3 of her fingers and she's now blind, but she gets around, has friends, and looks like she is enjoying what life has to offer. Roy's eye was hit first which can sometimes cushion the blow to the brain. Archer wasn't all that close to Roy either.

Hughes was shot closer up and the bullet either pierced through his kidneys, hit his liver or he simply bled to death because no one showed up right away to save him. Riza most likely got Roy help immediately after she was able to get herself together from the shock and fear of seeing him like that.
[snapback]246416[/snapback]

ok i hear that...
still sucks tho, the unfortunate end of Hughes' life, with noone to be there to help...
but Hughes was important to his last fall;
his information and his wit and his hilarious outbursts hid the fact, though, that he was indeed one of the major parts of FMA -
(without him, some humor would be lost, but more to the point-), he was needed not only to give the show a plot twist, but to show the mortality we all share and close bonds of friendship that he shared with Roy -- which is why i am especially happy that Roy fights Pride in the end partly out of revenge for Hughes...
the show has much of it's basis on alchemy (of course) and the idea of ressurecting human life or regaining it -- however, Roy showed one of the most important aspects of life that many of us need to learn - honor your friends death and memory, preserve it and never forget it, but move on...always keep moving on with life and don't often turn back...
this is why i love FMA so much, along with it's other aspects of course...

((**thankful that alter!Hughes was in the movie** -- at least bones did something good by putting him in, and even though his memory of his former life is gone and he may be a "bad" guy, at least he still has his good old aspects of wit and charm to accompany him))
Aog
I think Hughes should of gotten shot earlyer than he did.
He gets anoying after awhile.
edochick
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 12 2005, 07:30 PM)
I think Hughes should of gotten shot earlyer than he did.
He gets anoying after awhile.
[snapback]249819[/snapback]

o_O WHAT?! I cried when Hughes dies T_T yes he was somewhat annoying but... >_> comon! He was awsome smile.gif And so sweet
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(andres higuera @ Aug 10 2005, 02:09 PM)
In which episode did roy lose his eye?
And is ed still shorter than roy?Did Roy really got shot in the eye?
by who?
[snapback]247874[/snapback]

I think roy lost his eye in episode 50.

QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 10 2005, 07:34 PM)
[snapback]248170[/snapback]

hey now, havent you been reading the posts? we really dont know when its airing in the US...i heard it was going to be somewhere in 2006 (at least) so yea....i'm just like you guys out there too...DYING to see the movie
NightMistress
Roy loses it in ep 51 actually.

And Winry's words are pretty heart-wrenching. sad.gif
Mrs. Edward Elric
Even though I've watched all of the FMA episodes, the movie summary is sometimes confusing, how did Izumi die? and whats with the "Altar!" part? *sigh* maybe i should watch the episodes again....
Keos
QUOTE("Mystique)
one of my fav part, i love when Ed, Al and Roy team up and the theme tune just brings tears to my eyes, cause it always reminds me of that scene. At the time i was like
'yeaaaah everyone's back in the game!'
then..then the seperation
first time seeing:
what...what.. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING!?!? whyyy!?!!?
2nd time:
just cried, lol, even though i already knew what happened.
the part about winry....
al's in a right state, as roy holds him back, as a last desperate resort he goes:
What about Winry!?
(we're all holding our breaths and gasped)
Ed had turned his back and was walking and stopped and flinched a lil when he heard this.
'tell her, 'thank you'
(Ed...that was cold man)
lol

(tears, tears, pple)

Oh my god... I was tearing with what you said here.... T_T
Why does it have to be this way?? Why??! *cries* Yeah, I hope they make a sequel! sad.gif
Aog
I can now sleep in my own puddle of tears. sad.gif
(sobs).
Keos
Ed will never be taller than Roy (I haven't even seen the movie and I'm still going to be prejudiced about this fact tongue.gif). Ok, this is making me want to watch the movie more sad.gif And I'll probably feel worse about Ed leaving when I see the movie.
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 13 2005, 05:41 AM)
Ed will never be taller than Roy (I haven't even seen the movie and I'm still going to be prejudiced about this fact tongue.gif).  Ok, this is making me want to watch the movie more sad.gif  And I'll probably feel worse about Ed leaving when I see the movie.
[snapback]250316[/snapback]

Yup, i feel exactly the same
Eva_Angel
ohmy.gif OH MY GAD!!!!!

IF I DONT SEE THIS MOVIE NOW I SWEAR ILL DIE!!!!!

'tell her, 'thank you'
(Ed...that was cold man)
lol
(tears, tears, pple)

GAD!!! *cry, cry,cry* SHE SAID THAT??? ohh my.... sad.gif I love edowin!! and This movie rulz!!!

Thanks for the summary

Eva

pd. Im new... jijiji tongue.gif
Mystique
QUOTE(GothicAlchemist @ Aug 13 2005, 09:32 AM)
does anyone know where i can find a trailer for the movie??? i neeeeed to see it!!!!! pleeeeease?  rolleyes.gif *puppy dog eyes* i won't be able to see the movie for aaaages because of the england-ness!!! i'll have to wait till it's out on dvd somewhere so i can buy it!!! please please please help!!!
[snapback]249744[/snapback]

http://www.hagaren-movie.jp/index2.html

then click the 'T' section
you have 'special' 1, 2 and 3, click the 予告最新版 one, that's the latest trailer.
enjoy happy.gif

Ed was as tall as Al, al's a lil bit taller than ed but not much, bearing in mind Ed's 18, Al's 13. Roy was taller than both of them as far as i remember them 3 getting together.
i wasn't paying attention to that part. tongue.gif
and yes, that's what winry says, i managed to catch that japanese first time and 2nd time confirmed it.
she's real mature for waiting 2 years, seeing him for like 5 mins and now has to wait again, lol.
me still thinks Ed sees her like a sister *dodges flying objects*
when u watch the movie and his attitude/relationship to noah after he saves her, you'll see why tongue.gif
even alphonse (the german one) makes a cute lil comment on Ed and women in general.

as for the US
heh
i doubt u guys will buy the movie rights for it, best bet is to wait until feb 2006 (if we're lucky) or April 2006 (like the 1st naruto movie) for the DVD release, then someone will sub and release on BT

until then, forget about seeing this for another 6 months or so....
(dodgy chinese pirate dude, how i'd really need u know) , lol.

and hughes rules!
Hurray for comic factor in fma, esp ep 5 i think it was as well, the whole train episode and him on the phone to roy about his wife, lol.
I lurrrve him for episode 13, we need more elisia loving freaks like him! laugh.gif
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(Mystique @ Aug 13 2005, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE(GothicAlchemist @ Aug 13 2005, 09:32 AM)
does anyone know where i can find a trailer for the movie??? i neeeeed to see it!!!!! pleeeeease?  rolleyes.gif *puppy dog eyes* i won't be able to see the movie for aaaages because of the england-ness!!! i'll have to wait till it's out on dvd somewhere so i can buy it!!! please please please help!!!
[snapback]249744[/snapback]

http://www.hagaren-movie.jp/index2.html

then click the 'T' section
you have 'special' 1, 2 and 3, click the 予告最新版 one, that's the latest trailer.
enjoy happy.gif

Ed was as tall as Al, al's a lil bit taller than ed but not much, bearing in mind Ed's 18, Al's 13. Roy was taller than both of them as far as i remember them 3 getting together.
i wasn't paying attention to that part. tongue.gif
and yes, that's what winry says, i managed to catch that japanese first time and 2nd time confirmed it.
she's real mature for waiting 2 years, seeing him for like 5 mins and now has to wait again, lol.
when u watch the movie and his attitude/relationship to noah after he saves her, you'll see why tongue.gif
even alphonse (the german one) makes a cute lil comment on Ed and women in general.

as for the US
heh
i doubt u guys will buy the movie rights for it, best bet is to wait until feb 2006 (if we're lucky) or April 2006 (like the 1st naruto movie) for the DVD release, then someone will sub and release on BT

until then, forget about seeing this for another 6 months or so....
(dodgy chinese pirate dude, how i'd really need u know) , lol.

and hughes rules!
Hurray for comic factor in fma, esp ep 5 i think it was as well, the whole train episode and him on the phone to roy about his wife, lol.
I lurrrve him for episode 13, we need more elisia loving freaks like him! laugh.gif
[snapback]250506[/snapback]

NNNOOOOO!!!!! ANOTHER 6 MONTHS ohmy.gif ????? LIKE HELL I COULD WAIT THAT LONG!! *dies!* but thnx for the info

We U.S. FMA fans have it bad....lucky japanese ppl.....
Ei
at the end of the movie al had a human body right
Aog
Yeah if your in the US and your an FMA fan your screwed when it come to getting all the new stuff.
*sobs even more*
() ()
(*_*)
(*)
0 0
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 13 2005, 03:38 PM)
Yeah if your in the US and your an FMA fan your screwed when it come to getting all the new stuff.
*sobs even more*
()  ()
(*_*)
  (*)
  0 0
[snapback]250765[/snapback]

...:falls down stairs:
QUOTE(Aog @ Aug 13 2005, 03:38 PM)
*sobs even more*
()  ()
(*_*)
  (*)
  0 0
[snapback]250765[/snapback]

thanx, and i am in the US i want to see it really bad!!!! sad.gif
Keos
QUOTE("Mystique")
i wasn't paying attention to that part.
when u watch the movie and his attitude/relationship to noah after he saves her, you'll see why

So the anime is pro-NoahXEd? I should've seen that one coming with the way that Winry has been neglected >.>
Well, most good things are coming around the end of the year, so it adds another one to my list then.
Mystique
u american's complain bout not getting stuff, pelase, for movies, esp computer games, do you know how long we gotta wait for a european release after you guys.
and for those who don't have sky or cable (like me) in the UK, don't get to see the dubs anyway (like hell i'll subject myself to that torture anyway)

anime is a lil blip on the UK map, we had out biggest convention last year, 1000pple that was it, it was nice tho happy.gif

pro Edxnoah.....
pure speculation, let's just say Ed's a real gentleman it could be any woman
(he's in the real world, how about i move to germany.... and time travel back 65 years or so...) [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/mystiques_wish/Smileys/wub.gif[/img]
Keos
Hey, I live in Australia - it's just the same as Europe tongue.gif But at least I can resort to importing from the USA if I'm desperate. An official release of the movie will be in 2.5 years time in Australia.

Well, I don't know about EdxNoah - since I was inferring from your earlier posts that the film had a pro-EdxNoah stance. But if that's the case... ugh. No comment.. just disappointment (Noah sucks).
Mystique
why does everyone hate her? ohmy.gif
I like her role in the movie, she's a representation of the things wrong in the real world (that being us) sleep.gif
and she gives us a beautiful near end scene as well.
She's good to stay *nods*
NarutoFan101
i dont hate her... i just dont like her:) lol
Keos
I feel sorry for her... but she seems selfish and provided little actual drive for the story. I thought her role would've been much bigger and more important. But right now, she just seems like an extra wheel.
Mystique
yeah, shambala wise, so did i.
nonetheless, she's there and it adds a nice diversity to the anime that wasn't there before. happy.gif
Mrs. Edward Elric
*sigh* at least you guys got to see the FMA movie before us...we have to wait another 6 months before we can see it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.