Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Keos
QUOTE("lialiakicks")
TheVileOne: Dunno. But I wouldn't blame her if she DID hate Bones. >_>

Yeah, the butchery they did to her manga... but then again, as an artist she probably would shake their hands and call them innovative smile.gif I want to see the next manga issue and find out her reactions (she would provide an omake, wouldn't she?)

QUOTE("lialiakicks")
Keos: Yeah, the whole Robbie thing made NO sense. I thought he was DEAD. Then again, in episode 51 of FMA, I thought that Roy was dead too. Oh, the irony. :S

Nah, with Roy it was different as you were left with his body and you weren't sure which part of the body Archer shot (or could you tell it was his eye?). That's different to Robbie, since Robbie rushed out in front of the alien and seconds later the ground got blasted and everyone else in the vicinity died.... how was it that Robbie alone survived? Movie magic (pish rolleyes.gif ).

Btw, those are some really cute plushies, kurama83 ^ ^
Melissa
Well i didn't like the ending but at least there was a little Romance between Ed and Winry smile.gif Also there is going to be a second season of FMA starting on Sept.17 so im realy happy that the ending on the movie is not realy the end FMA. biggrin.gif
Satsuka
QUOTE(Melissa @ Aug 1 2005, 05:27 PM)
Well i didn't like the ending but at least there was a little Romance between Ed and Winry :) Also there is going to be a second season of FMA starting on Sept.17 so im realy happy that the ending on the movie is not realy the end FMA. :D
[snapback]237203[/snapback]

Really!?
Keos
Where'd you get that from? The producers said there wouldn't be anything more after this.
NightMistress
That's when ep 27-51 picks up on adult swim.
TheVileOne
Butchery of the manga? Uh...ok.

I bet you guys think the Spider-man movies butchered the comics too.
QUOTE(Guest_XDunitmetel_* @ Aug 1 2005, 04:12 PM)
well im new sorry fo any convenace and spelling dry.gif soilike to get to the piont the should mack a secound mivie also some how were ican get a replay if i found out how to see it. i ask u wee i can find to see this movie and im nit japenes or chinis im in america so tell  whats the movie call and ho i can get tit thx.................................

P.s
ur reveiw was great i dint read the hole thing bc dint want to spole the ending... biggrin.gif no to find out how to send this....lol...
[snapback]237145[/snapback]

Do you always type with your elbows?
Anyways I just have a few questions.

1.) How can I see the movie in any way that does'nt involve going to Japan?

2.) Im fairly certain but this is just for confirmation. Noah is alter!rose right?

3.) Can you get the manga at any comic book store or is there a store online I can order them from?
lialiakicks
TheVileOne: Woah, there bud. The Spiderman movie was awesome! ^^

Keos: Not really. It looked like he was shoot in the head... >_> I mean, how the heck could you survive that?! LOL!
Saturn Stars
I know Roy got shot in the head but miraculously survived.... tings don't make sense these days...
JUST SOME RANDOM GEEK
Wasn't there some sort of reminder/semi-ad in the beginning of one of the chapters of FMA? At least, from the fantranslated version I read there was, so maybe it was put in there by the translaters. But if Arakawa really disliked the anime, she wouldn't put reminders in the beginning of certain chapters about the anime. She'd want to disassociate herself from it, rather than advertise it.

The manga and anime are a bit different, but I think they're both absolutely brilliant.
QUOTE(JUST SOME RANDOM GEEK @ Aug 2 2005, 05:42 PM)
Wasn't there some sort of reminder/semi-ad in the beginning of one of the chapters of FMA? At least, from the fantranslated version I read there was, so maybe it was put in there by the translaters. But if Arakawa really disliked the anime, she wouldn't put reminders in the beginning of certain chapters about the anime. She'd want to disassociate herself from it, rather than advertise it.

The manga and anime are a bit different, but I think they're both absolutely brilliant.
[snapback]237678[/snapback]

Square Enix who owns Gangan which publishes Fullmetal Alchemist, is the one responsible for putting ads for the anime/movie in the publications. They just wish to inflate interest in the franchise so they can earn royalties from it. Arakawa has no hand in these advertisements. The manga panels she draws for the games and novels are requested by Square Enix. Do you expect every employee to agree with a company's move? dry.gif You think Arakawa can tell her boss to buzz off when he tells her to draw something for the game and anime/movie? dry.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 2 2005, 02:42 PM)
1.) How can I see the movie in any way that does'nt involve going to Japan?

2.) Im fairly certain but this is just for confirmation. Noah is alter!rose right?

3.) Can you get the manga at any comic book store or is there a store online I can order them from?
[snapback]237494[/snapback]

1) Wait for it to be brought to the US (or wherever you are), or wait for the US companies to release it on DVD. Otherwise, be patient for the fansub when the Japanese DVD comes out (about 6 months later).

2) There's nothing in the movie that indicates Noah is an Alter!Rose. They do resemble each other but nothing's said in the movie to confirm that.

3) That depends on where you live. I suggest this question be posted in the manga section.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 3 2005, 02:01 AM)
Square Enix who owns Gangan which publishes Fullmetal Alchemist, is the one responsible for putting ads for the anime/movie in the publications. They just wish to inflate interest in the franchise so they can earn royalties from it. Arakawa has no hand in these advertisements. The manga panels she draws for the games and novels are requested by Square Enix. Do you expect every employee to agree with a company's move? dry.gif You think Arakawa can tell her boss to buzz off when he tells her to draw something for the game and anime/movie? dry.gif
[snapback]237794[/snapback]

Yes those evil bastards at Square Enix trying to advertise and promote their product through the manga in which the property is based. Those capitalist pig dogs.
Mee
QUOTE(Keos @ Jul 23 2005, 01:52 AM)
All I've got to say is that the producers/story-writers/directors must have been off their their heads when they said that fans would be satisfied >.>  Tell me - is anyone here who've read the spoilers and/or watched the film truly satisfied?  I'm making judgements before I've seen the film, but regardless I know now what will happen and the story has no satisfying ending to me.
[snapback]224025[/snapback]

Ugh!! >.< This movie is making me mad!!It's so messed up now!! I miss Ry and the others and this movie just made me ask even more questions!! I'm most certainly not satisfied!
I'm glad I read the summary! I didn't want to buy a mov biggrin.gif ie that might make me horridly deppressed. It does sound kinda funny though!
Sky dog
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 23 2005, 02:11 AM)
Actually there is some EdWin and you can read it here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...338.html#cutid1
Winry had big case, remember? There were Ed's new automail parts, leg and arm. He said - Hey, I'm growing, and she said - I knew how much you'll grow. So leg and arm fitted perfectly. What is love.
Amd, also, when Ed came back, Winry held him, and he blushed... that was one of the best scenes.
Also, Ed had dream about saying something to Winry, like, it was nice, when he said her name in dream (EdWin fans crying in joy happy.gif)

At least something satisfying happened with them.
[snapback]224030[/snapback]

YEAH! SOME EDXWINRY ACTION!!!!!! IM SOOOOO HAPPY. THINGS LIKE THAT REALLY BRIGHTEN THE DAY ,DONT THEY.....^ - ^
QUOTE(Sycia @ Aug 2 2005, 07:20 PM)
1) Wait for it to be brought to the US (or wherever you are), or wait for the US companies to release it on DVD. Otherwise, be patient for the fansub when the Japanese DVD comes out (about 6 months later).

2) There's nothing in the movie that indicates Noah is an Alter!Rose. They do resemble each other but nothing's said in the movie to confirm that.

3) That depends on where you live. I suggest this question be posted in the manga section.
[snapback]237832[/snapback]

Well I saw all the episodes and i didnt have a damn clue who Noah was so that was just out of curiosity.

6 months for the Japanese DVD? blink.gif Ouch. mad.gif
Saturn Stars
Yeah it takes a while for that stuff to come out over there... yet they are about three years ahead of us with their technology so I guess it make sup for it... lol!

ANd would people stop freaking bagging out the movie before they have even seen it! Sycia has seen it and says it's great, that you can't judge it by her summary. How do you think it's going to make her feel if everyone is saying they hate it based on her summary! It would make her feel like she made it sound like a stupid failure or something.

SO just trust her and others and wait till ou see the movie to make up an oppinion okay?
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Aug 4 2005, 01:24 AM)
Yeah it takes a while for that stuff to come out over there... yet they are about three years ahead of us with their technology so I guess it make sup for it... lol!

ANd would people stop freaking bagging out the movie before they have even seen it! Sycia has seen it and says it's great, that you can't judge it by her summary. How do you think it's going to make her feel if everyone is saying they hate it based on her summary! It would make her feel like she made it sound like a stupid failure or something.

SO just trust her and others and wait till ou see the movie to make up an oppinion okay?
[snapback]239625[/snapback]

Thank you Saturn Stars. The whining is starting to tick me off mad.gif .
A movie gets hyped up, falls below expectations, and what do fanboys/girls do? Blame Pokemon... dry.gif

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/2716543.html
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 4 2005, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Aug 4 2005, 01:24 AM)

[snapback]239625[/snapback]

Thank you Saturn Stars. The whining is starting to tick me off mad.gif .
[snapback]240000[/snapback]

Ha! Someone had to say it ay?
Keos
QUOTE("TheVileOne")

That statement wasn't one made to be taken seriously (in another words, it's just my sardonic humour smile.gif).

QUOTE("Saturn Stars")

Is Sycia upset that some people are bagging the movie? Well, just to make it clear, I think she did great job on the summary as I and pretty much everyone else who have read it said, already.
You can't infer that just because we're bagging the movie that we're bashing Sycia. Those are two completely different things - it's sort of like trashing Universal for publishing a film and screening it for the public. I feel rather indignant at that comment - we all appreciate the effort that she has gone through to make the summary available to us, but you can't really take our more negative opinion of the movie and say it is not as valid as your more positive opinion of the movie (which you have already formed since no one is feeling completely neutral towards the film). Like I said before, we are entitled to judge the movie - maybe not on manner of execution of the events, but at least we can judge the events themselves. How well is the manner of execution is something we will look for in the film - the execution is that which makes the movie either enjoyable or not and may even make the bad ending tolerable (yes, my opinion, was that the movie had a bad/pseudo-happy ending as I have said over and over... and I won't be taking it back).
AliCat
Well, to be fair, you can't REALLY judge something until you see it for yourself. As much as I love Sycia for summarizing it for us, it is a movie, thus a lot gets lost when you try to translate a visual image such as that to text. I may not be entirely pleased right now, but I'm open enough to see if that opinion changes once I see the movie for myself. It very well may, or it may not.

You are fully entitled to your opinion, but then so am I. And my opinion is the movie (or any movie for that matter) can't be TRULY judged until one has seen it for themselves.
elemental_alchemist13
Is the movie already out oris it coming out soon in the us??ANYONE KNOW!!
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 4 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE("TheVileOne")

That statement wasn't one made to be taken seriously (in another words, it's just my sardonic humour smile.gif).

QUOTE("Saturn Stars")

Is Sycia upset that some people are bagging the movie? Well, just to make it clear, I think she did great job on the summary as I and pretty much everyone else who have read it said, already.
You can't infer that just because we're bagging the movie that we're bashing Sycia. Those are two completely different things - it's sort of like trashing Universal for publishing a film and screening it for the public. I feel rather indignant at that comment - we all appreciate the effort that she has gone through to make the summary available to us, but you can't really take our more negative opinion of the movie and say it is not as valid as your more positive opinion of the movie (which you have already formed since no one is feeling completely neutral towards the film). Like I said before, we are entitled to judge the movie - maybe not on manner of execution of the events, but at least we can judge the events themselves. How well is the manner of execution is something we will look for in the film - the execution is that which makes the movie either enjoyable or not and may even make the bad ending tolerable (yes, my opinion, was that the movie had a bad/pseudo-happy ending as I have said over and over... and I won't be taking it back).
[snapback]240369[/snapback]

Hun I wasn't refering to you in particular. I never thought that you were bagging out the movie, and at least you had reasons why and you wern't stupid. I'm talking about really really dumb arse people with one line comments like.

"I HATE THIS MOVIE!"

And I never inferred that anyone was bashing her, I said, how do you think it would make her feel? She told yall to wait till the movie comes out, so just trust her oppinion on that. wink.gif
Phyco girl
Thanks soooo much! I'm SO sad at the ending though TT.TT
Blitz
Wanna...see...movie...waiting for fansubs... Thank you so much for the summary! smile.gif
TheVileOne
What I can't stand the most about it:

[spoiler]For months and months all I heard was that the movie has to end with the brothers being reunited. Well they are, so stop whining.[/spoiler]
blackmage164
Jesus Christ! give us a miracle! Please! is this something I should seek consuling (sorry if it's spelled wrong) for this?! I wan't more now! I don't have access to alot of stuff anime related and soely rely on the internet and old VHS so I can tape the episodes and watch them repeatedly till I'm a pathetic peice of ...SOMETHING!? Or I have to go to volleyball!
NightMistress
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 4 2005, 09:23 PM)
What I can't stand the most about it:

[spoiler]For months and months all I heard was that the movie has to end with the brothers being reunited.  Well they are, so stop whining.[/spoiler]
[snapback]241338[/snapback]

If you can't stand it, you'd better start learning to because it's not going anywhere. If the ending was good enough for those complaining, then there wouldn't be any whining in the first place. I am for the most part okay with it, but I'm not getting all bent out of shape about people who are overly ecstatic or people who are extremely pissed just because they don't feel exactly the same way I do. You don't see the people that are upset with the movie complaining about the sentiments of people who are happy with the movie.
Saturn Stars
I love you nightmistress!!!!!!!!
andres higuera
The summary is a bit sad.
Why do so many people have to die?
Saturn Stars
Hahaha, it's called bones my dear
Keos
QUOTE("Alicat")
Well, to be fair, you can't REALLY judge something until you see it for yourself. As much as I love Sycia for summarizing it for us, it is a movie, thus a lot gets lost when you try to translate a visual image such as that to text. I may not be entirely pleased right now, but I'm open enough to see if that opinion changes once I see the movie for myself. It very well may, or it may not.

Yeah, I'm still going to watch the movie; never said I wouldn't. smile.gif

QUOTE("Saturn Stars")
Hun I wasn't refering to you in particular. I never thought that you were bagging out the movie, and at least you had reasons why and you wern't stupid. I'm talking about really really dumb arse people with one line comments like.

"I HATE THIS MOVIE!"

And I never inferred that anyone was bashing her, I said, how do you think it would make her feel? She told yall to wait till the movie comes out, so just trust her oppinion on that. 

Ahh, yeah, sorry about me going all out there ^ ^;; I was feeling rather touchy then, so I apologise if I sound like a person pulling out the guns. wink.gif Also am loving your signature (if I haven't mentioned that before).

QUOTE("NightMistress")
If you can't stand it, you'd better start learning to because it's not going anywhere. If the ending was good enough for those complaining, then there wouldn't be any whining in the first place. I am for the most part okay with it, but I'm not getting all bent out of shape about people who are overly ecstatic or people who are extremely pissed just because they don't feel exactly the same way I do. You don't see the people that are upset with the movie complaining about the sentiments of people who are happy with the movie.

Straight to the point smile.gif
Saturn Stars
Tis cool, you don't have to apologize to me, I'm a very laid back perosn lol! tongue.gif
Keos
I am as well... unless you catch me on a bad day....
Guest_Alex_*
Oooh, ooh! I have a question! *jumps up and down like a five-year-old on crack*

Is Ed taller than Al yet? biggrin.gif
Edward InuYasha Elric
This movie...... I cant think of a word to describe it....... so good, and god its hard....
The Stand Alone Alchemist
THANK YOU!!!!!! I of course read the summary (couldn't resist biggrin.gif ) I can't for it to come out on DVD! But damnit, I was hoping for some RoyxRiza action. Why else would Roy want the ladies to wear miniskirts? He wants a look at Riz... tongue.gif
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(Guest_Alex_* @ Aug 6 2005, 02:45 AM)
Oooh, ooh!  I have a question! *jumps up and down like a five-year-old on crack*

Is Ed taller than Al yet?  biggrin.gif
[snapback]242028[/snapback]

We have no idea, but in some footage we see that Al is taller than shezka. Which is just f'ed up of course.

So I doubt Ed is taller than al... errr... he is only 14 and that tall, are they trying to make a statement?
winry_rockbell274
thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for that spoiler. i dont know when it will be coming to america, but every day i wait feels like a million years. i really needed to know that. the suspense was killing me................speak of which, when do you think it will come to america for those of us who have to wait forever? ITS TORTURE!!!!!!!!!! does anyone else feel my pain?
blink.gif ......huh. not the best ending....actually this ending is kinda really depressing if u think about, i mean their stuck in Germany, without their friends, after WWI ohmy.gif . but theres always hope for a sequel i guess, doubt it though because the makers would need 2 think of a new story and characters. i guess the people who made decided 2 give a different type of ending to suprise people, i mean look at feardotcom, that didn't have a happy ending, it was crappy movie though, but still. and theres always magna....i dont know where 2 get FMA magna though sad.gif . theres no stores that sell them, mad.gif oh well
Saturn Stars
I think everyone does hun...
TheVileOne
QUOTE(GUEST @ Aug 6 2005, 06:45 AM)
blink.gif ......huh. not the best ending....actually this ending is kinda really depressing if u think about, i mean their stuck in Germany, without their friends, after WWI  ohmy.gif . but theres always hope for a sequel i guess, doubt it though because the makers would need 2 think of a new story and characters. i guess the people who made decided 2 give a different type of ending to suprise people, i mean look at feardotcom, that didn't have a happy ending, it was crappy movie though, but still. and theres always magna....i dont know where 2 get FMA magna though sad.gif . theres no stores that sell them, mad.gif  oh well
[snapback]243100[/snapback]

mad.gif cool.gif

Feardotcom...FEARDOTCOM?! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif What the hell does that have anything to do with it?

Have you ever seen Wolf's Rain? Cowboy Bebop? Both those shows had TRULY depressing endings. They are still fantastic shows nonetheless.

Everyone wanted the Elric brothers to get back together but they did. They are stuck in Germany, but Fullmetal Alchemist has ALWAYS been a better bitter-sweet and poignant series. This is the best way to end it IMHO.

All you people complaining that the ending sucks, STOP WATCHING ANIME!

You want depressing? Watch Berserk, an awesome anime, sometime.
Keos
....................................................................................................
CutiePIE
I read the summary and I thought it was okay. Only okay. Personally, I was expecting something outstanding..hehe..kinda liked the Scar and Lust bit though. Well, I was a bit upset that Roy is no longer the Brigadier General. All those years to get to that position for nothing! But then again, as they didn't show a Roy ending, he could have been re-elected as a Brigadier General..who knows?
Amythest
Hi everyone. Ugh, I have not even watched the the second season (I mean episodes 27-50... I believe). So I do not even know why I'm posting. I do have a small comment from this complete newbie though. I just dislike the whole fact thst Ed tells Al to protect (take care of her) Winry and yet he goes and runs off to be with his brother. I understand that the love between siblings should surpass others at times, but then they should not have made Ed say that. I was thinking that perhaps Al would stay and maybe something would happen between him and Winry. Now that would have been interesting. wink.gif

I understand why some of you are upset though. It seems that that's really the end and that they reallly won't come back (with the whole Winry statement). But, I do also understand that this is one of those sad series that was more than nought going to end sad. I for instance loved the Wolf's Rain ending. I kinda like the depressing endings. But, even so I'm saddened that they did not stay in their own world.
Hagane no Renzy
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 6 2005, 12:44 AM)
Have you ever seen Wolf's Rain?  Cowboy Bebop?  Both those shows had TRULY depressing endings.  They are still fantastic shows nonetheless.
[snapback]243153[/snapback]

You have great tastes, my friend.

And back on topic, I think the movie sounds fine. The brothers reunite, and unexpectedely stick together. So Winry and Ed don't stay together....these people have to realize that the pairing of EdxWinry was NOT cannon in the anime and therefor would not be taken seriously by the creators...besides that little hugging bit wink.gif
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Aug 6 2005, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE(GUEST @ Aug 6 2005, 06:45 AM)
blink.gif ......huh. not the best ending....actually this ending is kinda really depressing if u think about, i mean their stuck in Germany, without their friends, after WWI  ohmy.gif . but theres always hope for a sequel i guess, doubt it though because the makers would need 2 think of a new story and characters. i guess the people who made decided 2 give a different type of ending to suprise people, i mean look at feardotcom, that didn't have a happy ending, it was crappy movie though, but still. and theres always magna....i dont know where 2 get FMA magna though sad.gif . theres no stores that sell them, mad.gif  oh well
[snapback]243100[/snapback]

mad.gif cool.gif

Feardotcom...FEARDOTCOM?! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif What the hell does that have anything to do with it?

Have you ever seen Wolf's Rain? Cowboy Bebop? Both those shows had TRULY depressing endings. They are still fantastic shows nonetheless.

Everyone wanted the Elric brothers to get back together but they did. They are stuck in Germany, but Fullmetal Alchemist has ALWAYS been a better bitter-sweet and poignant series. This is the best way to end it IMHO.

All you people complaining that the ending sucks, STOP WATCHING ANIME!

You want depressing? Watch Berserk, an awesome anime, sometime.
[snapback]243153[/snapback]

blink.gif whoah calm down people, i didnt say the ending sucked or anything like that, i just said that it was kinda depressing, i still like the series and the ending of the movie, and as for feardotcom, i just recently watched it a while ago, and the ending is kinda similar.....also i hated it. i havent seen cowboy behop, but i might as well rent it. AND ALSO im not an obsessed EdWin fan, i wasn't expecting them to be together like most people.
Saturn Stars
lol...
AA battery
@_@ after reading 7 pages of stuff with 50% of its content not related to the movie, I realize that reading the summary alone was good enough as a lot of the following posts (except those that talks about how Roy shouldn't be depressed like that as he was cheerful and all in episode 51... totally agree) are pointless.

And stop whining about not being able to download an illegal version because:
1) ... it's illegal.
2) It's highly likely to get caught video cam-ing a movie in the theatre during the first 2 or 3 weeks of airing... do you want to see fellow fans getting caught because of something like this?
3) Don't expect fansub version soon as I doubt anyone can get an video cam version of it yet... DVD... probably 6 months later?

then back to about the summary... if you think it sucked or whatever, don't just put "i hate the ending, it sucks!" can't you put more reasoning to... why you hate it? Reading 20+ posts on the same day saying the same pointless thing was tiring... and well, you got your movie already, can't you stay satisfied? and there is always, always the manga.

About Arakawa-sensei... Personally, I don't think she hates the anime much, if she really did hate the anime, then I doubt she would bother drawing 2 pages omake manga (in volume 8) just on the process of how FMA anime was born. There might have been arguments between Arakawa-sensei and BONES on the anime plotline, but they did settle that and she mentioned that she did look forward to watching the anime every Saturday. If she truly hated it, then she wouldn't even mention that she look forward to watching it every Sat, right? (But of course, as Sycia mentioned, it could be just a cultural manner thing and she is just being generous or whatever, and decided not to complained about it....) So we shouldn't just come to conclusion and say that she hates the anime/movie.

back on topic ^^;

Overall, the movie sounds acceptable, Ed and Al are back together and that's all I wanted to see. Riza's sulute to Roy was good enough roiai to me too... because that leads to soo much possible things that will happen... as for 503, no comment... it just felt too typical, reunite and a hug, lol. I have quite some criticisms for what I have read from the summary so far, but... I am gonna wait for the actual animation before commenting on more... who knows, maybe I will have completely different opinions after I watched the actual thing happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.