Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Conqueror Of Shamballa Movie Summary
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Keos
Official yet terribly obscure. Thought there was something going on with that Motherland ending (I need to check up the lyrics again) ... don't know which preview thing you mean though. :S
Saturn Stars
mmm the lyrics, basically she says she loves him...

Oh if you watch episode 25, at the end of every episode is a preview for the next.

in this preview it shows winry smiling and stuff at Ed and Ed says 'I never thought about it, that someone was thinking of me in that way'

Which means you know.... from the way she starts crying in front of him in 26... basically tells him that she really cares for him.
Keos
Yeah... and he being rather stupid reasons seems to be turning his back on her during her hard time of trying to express her feelings to him. I've got down my criticism of Ed here:

What I found rather disappointing was the fact that even though the Elric brothers were childhood friends (great friends) with Winry and "family" with Aunt Pinako, it seemed that after the first "incident", affection and love seemed to have been one-sided coming from the Rockbell family. Al was better at accepting the love, I think, but Ed just seemed eternally depressed . I understand why he would be and I sympathise with that.... but I found his constant depression and pushing people away similar to Shinji's whining in Neon Genesis - he needed to have an epithany and stand up abit more. My criticism of the Ed character is that he was too focused on his past guilt, being a teenager and lonely child, that is also natural... what wasn't natural was the CONSTANT and Never-changing pushing away of people and refusing to accept them.

Poor Winry... I think she's been really neglected by both Ed and Al, her two shining stars in the anime. Al was better to her but very neglected by Ed. Also, thinking about post-movie events even though it's said that she wasn't waiting for them anymore, I found that rather screwy....
Carole
Thank you for the summary.

I live in France, and I think that I won't be able to see the film, because there's no licence !!! So I'm happy to read it.

I hope we will find it on the web, one day maybe !!!

I agree with most of people, it seems that there's no explanation about what happens to Roy and Riza. Why is he in the north ?

That's disappointing because Bone says that we will know all about Roy and Riza.

sad.gif
Saturn Stars
Yeah this time i think she just realised that they had left her behind for good... which must have been very painful for her to come to terms with.

It would have been hard for Edward t leave Winry behind aswell... all he could say to Al was 'Take care of her' and it seemed to be easier for Al to just follow him through without a single care for Winry...
NightMistress
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Jul 28 2005, 03:58 AM)
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 28 2005, 03:45 PM)
Interesting because based on the video games, magazine scans, merchandise, official art and fansites, I got the feeling that Royai was the more popular (not by much though).  There was even this fanart thing to show who the most popular couples were (in one of their mags). Royai ranked #1, EdWin ranked #2, RoyEd ranked #3.

Pretty much all the Royai hints you can find are here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/royai/79567.html

Of course it's not updated with the movie or the latest manga chapters, but those things aren't that pivotal. I personally thought ep 51 said all that needed to be said though.  With EdWin, I didn't detect that much in the anime and even had to be reminded of their hints (the only one I could truly remember was the hair braiding thing). Eventhough those little hints in the anime that got my mind set to liking that pairing in the first place (eventhough I forgot them), when I started reading the manga, it focused so much more on the pair that it became my foundation for my EdWin love.  I'd definately agree that the manga focuses more on EdWin than Royai, but Royai still gets a decent and significant amount of attention there too I feel.
[snapback]229750[/snapback]

Ahh from fansites I generally get so much more edxwin from me (japanese friend) who doesn't come up with much royai. But yes definetly in the games there seems to be a focus on Royai, not that I have ever played them or anything.

Thanks for that livejournal link, it made it more clear. I guess if it's a pairing you really like then you notice the evidence. Like with Edxwin, almost everytime they are together I can get evidence, and from that motherland thing... omg... and the end of 25 (her reason preview) it pretty much makes it official for me. But I never noticed all those Royai *basks in glory* thankyou!
[snapback]229884[/snapback]

No problem! I care a lot about EdWin too though. It's just that the manga was so overwhelmingly more obvious than the anime. I can name many EdWin manga moments. I DO remember the phrase by Ed talking about how he didn't know someone though of him that way. I had a feeling it was Winry, but it didn't really go deep enough into it that I kdidn't know what to do with it. And the ending credits with Winry made me think it was about Winry and Ed too. Anyways, here is a Royai search engine with a lot of Japanese fansites for them if you ever want to give it a look through.

http://bleach.s31.xrea.com/x/
Guest_Edward Elric_*
i think the movie sounds awsome biggrin.gif but i have a question huh.gif r they going to show it in the united states the new game [Fullmetal Alchemist2 Curse of the Crimson Elixer] is like the best square enix game try it out
Guest_alex_*
tongue.gif HI, friends, i'm a big fan of full metal alchemist(fma) and i read the spoiler, sorry, can't resist, and i think that the movie it is really great, tongue.gif but i want more and i din't like the final, it was too short and sad, the brothers were togheter that was the finish line but isn't complete I WANT MORE and roy my good roy what happen to him in the end they made him fuher and wimry all her alone what happen to ed my god.

----------- .\ /. . . .
----------- . \ / . . .
. . \ / . . .
. . \/ . . .
. . . .-------
. . . . .
. . . . .
. . . . .
. . . . .
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 29 2005, 11:22 AM)
Interesting because based on the video games, magazine scans, merchandise, official art and fansites, I got the feeling that Royai was the more popular (not by much though).  There was even this fanart thing to show who the most popular couples were (in one of their mags). Royai ranked #1, EdWin ranked #2, RoyEd ranked #3.

Of course it's not updated with the movie or the latest manga chapters, but those things aren't that pivotal. I personally thought ep 51 said all that needed to be said though.  With EdWin, I didn't detect that much in the anime and even had to be reminded of their hints (the only one I could truly remember was the hair braiding thing). Eventhough those little hints in the anime that got my mind set to liking that pairing in the first place (eventhough I forgot them), when I started reading the manga, it focused so much more on the pair that it became my foundation for my EdWin love.  I'd definately agree that the manga focuses more on EdWin than Royai, but Royai still gets a decent and significant amount of attention there too I feel.

Ahh from fansites I generally get so much more edxwin from me (japanese friend) who doesn't come up with much royai. But yes definetly in the games there seems to be a focus on Royai, not that I have ever played them or anything.

Thanks for that livejournal link, it made it more clear. I guess if it's a pairing you really like then you notice the evidence. Like with Edxwin, almost everytime they are together I can get evidence, and from that motherland thing... omg... and the end of 25 (her reason preview) it pretty much makes it official for me. But I never noticed all those Royai *basks in glory* thankyou!

No problem! I care a lot about EdWin too though. It's just that the manga was so overwhelmingly more obvious than the anime. I can name many EdWin manga moments. I DO remember the phrase by Ed talking about how he didn't know someone though of him that way. I had a feeling it was Winry, but it didn't really go deep enough into it that I kdidn't know what to do with it. And the ending credits with Winry made me think it was about Winry and Ed too. Anyways, here is a Royai search engine with a lot of Japanese fansites for them if you ever want to give it a look through.

[snapback]230787[/snapback]

Thank you so much for the site! And if you ever want any edxwin just come to me, my friends got me stacks!
Keos
Mmm.. what sort of edwin stuff do you have?
NightMistress
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Jul 29 2005, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 29 2005, 11:22 AM)

[snapback]230787[/snapback]

Thank you so much for the site! And if you ever want any edxwin just come to me, my friends got me stacks!
[snapback]231293[/snapback]

No problem. And I absolutely would love to see the EdWin sites!
Saturn Stars
I have no idea about the sites... she just bombed over 1000 pics on me tongue.gif
Carole
I have two questions, I don't understand two things :

1/ Did Havoc die ?

2/ At the end, Al is in a suitarmor ? That would be strange in our world !!!!
Automne
Well, I'm happy with the movie! Ed and Winry don't get together, Ed and Al are reunited, it's okay for me but I was a little disappointed because I wanted a better end for some "bad guys"! I was really sad when I learned about Izumi and about what happens to Wrath...And I excepted a "boss" end for Envy but well...It's fine for me and I really hope they don't make a sequel.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Carole @ Jul 29 2005, 07:54 AM)
I have two questions, I don't understand two things :

1/ Did Havoc die ?

2/ At the end, Al is in a suitarmor ? That would be strange in our world !!!!
[snapback]231401[/snapback]

1) No

2) He was in an armour but he's not bound to it in any way. He was simply wearing it and used it as transport to get from FMA!world to our world. tongue.gif
Saturn Stars
would you like me to upload my edxwin pictures to a my photobucket? mind you, I would have to do it in sections because I have so much!
GohanWinner
Movie sounds amazing. Thanks for that summary!

I have a question, as well. Is Al given a state alchemist codename in the movie? Just out of curiosity, I don't really know what they woul dhave called him if they did. smile.gif
NightMistress
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Jul 29 2005, 06:57 PM)
would you like me to upload my edxwin pictures to a my photobucket? mind you, I would have to do it in sections because I have so much!
[snapback]231989[/snapback]

Please do! biggrin.gif
Saturn Stars
sure I will get on it and notify you when it's ready biggrin.gif
Coffee Can
Hmm. Awesome summary, now I know what happens but...wah, Heiderich...;_; and wah again for all the random people who just die. That's sad. I still have Heiderich fangirl love and think he was just trying to help but it didn't work exactly as planned. Or something like that. I think.

Not really seeing the EdWin, though. They're close and so I can see them showing affection for each other, but I don't think that affection is an automatic signal of romance. I can tell that they do care for each other, but not to the point where they'll get romantically involved. Just think of what you would do if you were Winry and your best friend was Ed. Yup. *nods*

That was my two cents.
Just read the summery, right after watching the final four episodes.

really only ony thing passed through my head...

DAMMIT!!!!! I think this would be one of the shows where it would be kinda alright to have a perfect ending..but "nothings perfect in this world..." Hardy Har...

Poor Winry, I loved her, she was so cool. And now Ed and Al are in London...funny how their world works eh? too wacky for my blood.
Keos
I think they're in Munich.
Urgh, why must you do this to me!! MUST NOT READ SPOILERSS!!!! NOOOO!!! IT BURNS!!!
FMANERD
sooo when can we expect a fansub ? wink.gif
Anonymous
Man...I have GOT to DOWNLOAD THAT MOVIE! It seems AWESOME!
Saturn Stars
Whoah *falls back* talk about the attack of the unregisterds. Anyway... no-one is quite sure just when to expect anything... but waiting is painful... now I know how winry felt lol
Well since there were alot of alter people, Did they ever meet like their Alter mom?

-didnt read the summary-
xHaganeNoChibi
Do you think you could send me the EdxWinry images too? i love thoes two together.
Sycia
Okay people, I just got back from a 5-day vacation so sorry for not replying to your questions.

I'm going to be watching the movie again tomorrow, so if anyone still wants to ask questions, please post them here so I can answer them, or for those that I'm not sure of, watch the movie and confirm them again (sorry, I need to check my summary again).

: ) So gimme them questions please (eh, *too lazy to go through 6 pages of unread replies >_<*).
ummmm.... does any1 know when the movie will b coming 2 the USA? i resisted reading the spoilers.
Oinchinjey
Ive seen the movie when i was in Japan.
It was really great!

I really love the part where Ed meet Winry. Even FMA do
not have romance, but i think Ed and Winry really care each other.
fr0z3nph03n1x
I had just happening to be staying in japan for 2 weeks and I got to see this movie. It was a great movie even though I didn't understand alot of it seeing how I don't speak japanese. Thanks for the review it helps me understand it a little better. Are there episodes that come after this movie?
Sycia
No there will no longer be any other episodes after this movie. This is what BONES has said.
*question for Sycia*

i just saw ur summary...awesome...but 3 questions

- does this mean that alterHughes is a bad guy in the movie, seeing as he's a policeman (im guessin for thule) b/c i hope im wrong...and also hes mentioned once, so does this mean that's his only part or do u see him more often?
- and with roy, wat is he doin all beginning..just lyin around and moping until he finally gets up to fight?
- and his subbordinates, especially havoc, what happens in the end to them/him?
thanks...
Does anyone know what Al's State Alchemist name was? I heard on a board somewhere it was Immortal Alchemist and I just want to find out for sure if that was it or not. wink.gif Awesome job on the spoilers, thank you for posting them! biggrin.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(guest @ Aug 1 2005, 01:42 AM)
*question for Sycia*

i just saw ur summary...awesome...but 3 questions

- does this mean that alterHughes is a bad guy in the movie, seeing as he's a policeman (im guessin for thule) b/c i hope im wrong...and also hes mentioned once, so does this mean that's his only part or do u see him more often?
- and with roy, wat is he doin all beginning..just lyin around and moping until he finally gets up to fight?
- and his subbordinates, especially havoc, what happens in the end to them/him?
thanks...
[snapback]234267[/snapback]

1) He's not REALLY a bad guy, he's just trying to do what he thinks is best. I didn't quite get the details of his involvement with the Thule because I'm not that familiar with the details of what actually happened during the war (RL).

2) Pretty much

3) They were left off pretty much the same as Roy... no real ending was shown but I think it's safe to say they're doing fine.
I couldn't keep myself from reading the summary. *sigh* I skipped most of it, so there's still enough to see with my own eyes.

Damn..why is FMA getting sadder and sadder?! It's no fun. sad.gif I require a sequal. (Or an entire new series focusing on Al and Edo in *our* world.)
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(xHaganeNoChibi @ Jul 31 2005, 09:40 AM)
Do you think you could send me the EdxWinry images too? i love thoes two together.
[snapback]233148[/snapback]

Sure, I'll post the link in this topic when I'm done uploading them. But We are so off topic! So I have to post something about the movie too... lets see...

Mmmm got nothing tongue.gif
hopeful guest
*question*

i miss the old Roy-Hughes friendship (and the idiotic prodding by hughes for roy to get a wife, ha)...
since alterHughes is in the film, does Roy ever get to see him, sort of like a reunion??
TheVileOne
Man, we get a movie after the series and all people do is whine about it. I'm very disappointed.

At least Ed and Al aren't DEAD! I think we got off lucky here.

Anime and Fullmetal Alchemist obviously isn't for some of you guys. Go watch War Of The Worlds where everything is sugar coated French Toast at the end.
Saturn Stars
lol! SO TRUE! I remember watching war of the worlds and going... WTF? At the end, it finished so quickly! Then everyone was still alive!
Pamster
Hi Everyone I asked earlier about Al's state alchemist name as a guest but I registered now. biggrin.gif I sure hope someone knows what it is because I am planning a one shot that I want to use the name he was given in so if you know if it was Immortal Alchemist that would make my night to know for sure it was or was not.

Thank you so much Scyia for taking the time to post such detailed spoilers I can't wait for this to come out. biggrin.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(hopeful guest @ Aug 1 2005, 07:05 AM)
*question*

i miss the old Roy-Hughes friendship (and the idiotic prodding by hughes for roy to get a wife, ha)...
since alterHughes is in the film, does Roy ever get to see him, sort of like a reunion??
[snapback]234719[/snapback]

No, they never see each other.
lialiakicks
Uh, this is sorta on topic...

It's just me at 1am about a week before the movie comes out. On sugar. Doing random stuff. And complaining. Yeah...

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3M8RXMR...3E322S0LDC4DQV8
TheVileOne
What up with that avatar? Does Arakawa really hate Bones or do fans just think she does?
Keos
War of the Worlds was ok - some events were plainly ridiculous.... and Robbie should have died - it would have made the movie more logical in that aspect.
Erosan
I can't wait to see that movie! it's gonna be awesome! Though, they need to come up with an ending where Ed and Al go back to there world and stop some of the stuff that happens at the end of the series.
lialiakicks
TheVileOne: Dunno. But I wouldn't blame her if she DID hate Bones. >_>

Keos: Yeah, the whole Robbie thing made NO sense. I thought he was DEAD. Then again, in episode 51 of FMA, I thought that Roy was dead too. Oh, the irony. :S
kurama83
Hi i just want you guys to see this, if you havent already:
http://www.animecastle.com/catalog/merchan..._ac-42946b.html
http://www.animecastle.com/catalog/merchan..._ac-42946a.html

I am getting one, I am getting Edward^_^
Guest_XDunitmetel_*
well im new sorry fo any convenace and spelling dry.gif soilike to get to the piont the should mack a secound mivie also some how were ican get a replay if i found out how to see it. i ask u wee i can find to see this movie and im nit japenes or chinis im in america so tell whats the movie call and ho i can get tit thx.................................

P.s
ur reveiw was great i dint read the hole thing bc dint want to spole the ending... biggrin.gif no to find out how to send this....lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.