Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Anime (the First Series) Q & A Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
WhiteMike
Not nearly as bad as being beaten senseless by a 15 year old child prodigy.
alchemistgirl zero
Who keeps their hair/toe nail clippings in a locket? O_O;;; Do they want to be cloned or something?
Misao
What did Ed/Al do to the homunculi after they failed it? o_o leave it there?
WhiteMike
The one they made in the basement? That wasn't a humunculous, that was just a failed attempt at creating life. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what the did with the "thing". I'm guessing that Roy probably killed it, or maybe Al?
Kinbari-chan
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Apr 18 2005, 08:30 PM)
The one they made in the basement?  That wasn't a humunculous, that was just a failed attempt at creating life.  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what the did with the "thing".  I'm guessing that Roy probably killed it, or maybe Al?
[snapback]155717[/snapback]

Actually it was a homunuclus...it was Sloth. The "thing" disappers after Ed binds Al's soul to the armor...we later find out what happens to it and how it becomes Sloth.
WhiteMike
Hmmm, I disagree. A humunculous isn't the failed attempt (that thing in the basement), it's the actual being that comes from beyond the gate. It wouldn't make sense that THAT mishmash of bones and skin suddenly disappears and becomes complete a couple years down the line, and in an entirely different place as well. I think that it was killed, or died on its own because it was obviously having trouble breathing. If you still want to debate this, Kinbari-chan, please tell me the episode number(s) that you were talking about, so I can look it up.
Trip
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Apr 12 2005, 04:38 PM)
The way to WEAKEN a homunculous is buy showing them a part of their old body.  You must use a special summoning circle to remove the blood gems from inside of them (the blood gems are what is making them invincible and giving them their amazing powers).  By removing the blood gems, this basically turns them into humans (without souls), and very killable.
[snapback]151272[/snapback]

Mustang killed Pride without using a circle. He simply used the skull to weaken him and then finished him off. I don't recall ever seeing a Homunculus killed without the artifact from their 'old' body used against them.

QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Apr 19 2005, 04:25 PM)
Hmmm, I disagree.  A humunculous isn't the failed attempt (that thing in the basement), it's the actual being that comes from beyond the gate.  It wouldn't make sense that THAT mishmash of bones and skin suddenly disappears and becomes complete a couple years down the line, and in an entirely different place as well.  I think that it was killed, or died on its own because it was obviously having trouble breathing.  If you still want to debate this, Kinbari-chan, please tell me the episode number(s) that you were talking about, so I can look it up.
[snapback]156292[/snapback]

They showed Dante nurturing Lust into her final form... when Dante first found her she was simply a mish-mash of organs and whatnot.
alchemistgirl zero
That must have been bugged out for Al and Ed to find their mom like that...o_O;;;

Al: Um...brother, I think we made Mom wrong.
Ed: What? But my calculations were perfect!
Al: She's inside out!
Ed:...oops. ^^
WhiteMike
What episode is it that Dante was "nurturing" Lust?
Kinbari-chan
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Apr 19 2005, 03:25 PM)
Hmmm, I disagree.  A humunculous isn't the failed attempt (that thing in the basement), it's the actual being that comes from beyond the gate.  It wouldn't make sense that THAT mishmash of bones and skin suddenly disappears and becomes complete a couple years down the line, and in an entirely different place as well.  I think that it was killed, or died on its own because it was obviously having trouble breathing.  If you still want to debate this, Kinbari-chan, please tell me the episode number(s) that you were talking about, so I can look it up.
[snapback]156292[/snapback]

I've seen the original Japanese version. We learn from Izumi-sensei that a homunuculus results from the failed attempt of human transmutation. Oh and it wasn't Lust that Dante was "nuturing" it was Sloth. It's episode 47. We first see her as the "thing" with her organs and bones sticking out and such. Dante finds her and gives her red crystals to eat and she then starts to look her better appearance (Ed and Al's mom). It is then that the Fuhrer helps her get into the military.
Trip
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ Apr 19 2005, 09:34 PM)
What episode is it that Dante was "nurturing" Lust?
[snapback]156673[/snapback]

Errrr... Sloth, not Lust. dry.gif Get the names mixed up for some reason.
WhiteMike
Ok, i just watched it and can confirm it. So, the red stones built the completed bodies of the humunculous we all know and love? Wow, I guess those red stones are a lot more important then we previously thought...
WhiteMike
Sorry, forgot something, what if the new humunculous wasn't mad a mouth?
kyb
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 11 2005, 02:41 PM)
Alchemistgirl zero: They lack soul, but the Blood Stones in their bodies function i their power source. And Envy's a guy, he just has a feminine voice due to being voiced by a woman in both versions.
[snapback]150669[/snapback]

I thought envy didn't know if he was a man or a woman?
WhiteMike
does anybody know?
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(The Sprite Alchemist @ Apr 11 2005, 01:19 PM)
Who would ever want to bring back Gluttony....?   huh.gif

Haha...
[snapback]150706[/snapback]

what's wrong with me sad.gif

lol

Gluttony and Greed were my favorite of the Homunculi
WhiteMike
Gluttony is my fav too, he has big dreams which he makes realities (like eating a suit of armor) tongue.gif
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(WhiteMike @ May 2 2005, 12:10 PM)
Gluttony is my fav too, he has big dreams which he makes realities (like eating a suit of armor)  tongue.gif
[snapback]165146[/snapback]

yes Suits of armor are very tasty tongue.gif especally ones with blood seals ohmy.gif
alchemistgirl zero
Envy is my favorite. happy.gif
Envy V.1
how does Gluttony die? and who failed in transmutation with him? and could somebody tell me what episode Ed and Al find out that Envy was there fathers first born?
pinako
hello!...um... i konw that the anime is diff. from the manga cuz i read the manga and i read some spoillers from a site about the episodes and apperantly one of them...um....i think..i dunno i kinda forgot but one of them is like...the "world" or somthin..in the manga theres a person and he calls himself the"world" and "god" and ne way hes the one who takes eds arm and leg and in the spoiler they said that ed saw a scar on one of the homuncilis arms and its the same scar ed got once...i might be mixing somthin up here but its somthing like that..right?
«°~Gluttony™~°»
QUOTE(Envy V.1 @ May 10 2005, 08:51 PM)
how does Gluttony die? and who failed in transmutation with him? and could somebody tell me what episode Ed and Al find out that Envy was there fathers first born?
[snapback]170765[/snapback]

QUOTE(Spoiler)
Gluttony Doesn't Die, No one really knows what it was before he was created, Episode 50 is the episode when Ed finds out Envy is Ed's Dad's first son
~Pride~
QUOTE(alchemistgirl zero @ Apr 11 2005, 03:37 PM)
These questions have been bugging me: Do homunculi have souls? If they don't have souls and they're not technically human, then why do they have powers? Do homunculi age or change? Is Envy a man or a woman? (I can't tell...T.T).
[snapback]150668[/snapback]

We are INVINCEABLE *EVIL LAUGH*aww. who am I kidding show me somin from my life before this and I die. sad.gif
Kaiyoko
Isn't it also true that if the orborous tatoo on them gets erased they die?
(Just asking)
Art Alchemist
Kaiyoko - Not sure that if it gets erased, they die, but if it is impaled or something they become immobile. (Review Ep 44 to see further spoilers)

QUOTE(pinako)
hello!...um... i konw that the anime is diff. from the manga cuz i read the manga and i read some spoillers from a site about the episodes and apperantly one of them...um....i think..i dunno i kinda forgot but one of them is like...the "world" or somthin..in the manga theres a person and he calls himself the"world" and "god" and ne way hes the one who takes eds arm and leg and in the spoiler they said that ed saw a scar on one of the homuncilis arms and its the same scar ed got once...i might be mixing somthin up here but its somthing like that..right?

QUOTE(Spoiler: Highlight to read)
The homunculus with Ed's arm and leg is Wrath, in the anime.  There is a scar on Ed/Wrath's arm from a fox bite when they were training with Izumi.  I haven't read the manga, so that's all I can tell you.

Was it ever explained about who Greed and Pride were before they became Homunculus.
QUOTE(Spoiler)
Dante had Greed's bones in her house, so I figure she meant something to him in the past few centuries.  Then, Pride had his own skull in a safe in his house...*shrugs*
Curious.
Lust and Envy
If the Homunculus are touched on their seal they are weaker. Thats why when Lust was being punished by Wreath and Sloth for being disobediant they put a staff on her seal. Oh, and I forgot but does Wrath kill Lust?? I kinda forgot. I know its either Wrath or Sloth right?
~Greed~
UMmmmmmmmmmm.... This is a stupid question, but can the Homuncali get drunk?
Art Alchemist
Well, they're humans without souls, so I imagine they may be able to...but then again, I don't think they feel much pain, from being able to regenerate so much and be unaffected.

QUOTE(Serious spoiler about Homuculus and sealing @ highlight to read)
I rewatched the 5th Laboratory episode(s) today, and I still don't really understand exactly HOW the seal worked on Greed.  I saw his skull was there, so whoever sealed him (Dante maybe?) had his skull to weaken him and put the Array around to weaken him further and then get rid of his Stones.  But is it known how else the sealing process works?

Okay. And I realized something pretty random about the Homunculus....they all wear shiny black...and Envy is wearing shorts, it only looks like a skirt from the front because there's a panel in the front. I've read controversy about him wearing a miniskirt. Just thought I might state that.

EDIT: Had to close the quote tag...sleep.gif;;
Slashrose1010
~Gurrido-chan~: I don't beleive that a humonculus can get drunk. They have rapid regeration so their bodies would just deal with the alcohol as it enters the body in high amounts. Eventually, you would just piss it all out. And if you keep drinking and drinking, you would build up an imunity to something that wouldn't affect you laugh.gif

@Lust and Envy: Yes, Wrath is the dirty bastard that kills Lusto.
Ressurection
all homunculi dont age except for pride/wrath (depends on manga/anime) does age =P
«°~Envy™~°»
i don't age
Art Alchemist
Score for you, Envy! Well, I guess.....never aging does have ups and downs...
Slashrose1010
Envy doesn't technically age, but he could transform his appearence as if he did age laugh.gif
~Pride~
Dante's a stupid bitch....kinda hot but still a bitch mad.gif
Slashrose1010
You think Lyra is hot? >__< I don't find her attractive at all, and she is an annoying character, so that gives me no reason to like her.
Kaiyoko
Wait a sec... Wrath kills Lust? huh.gif
~Greed~
Yes, Warth kills Lust.
Slashrose1010
lol, if people must be instructed again:
If you are spoiler sensitive and do not wish to know these kinds of things, stay away from Character Discussion and the Japanese/Subs sections, unless you do not mind spoilers.

Yes, I hate Wrath for killing Lusto -__-;

<Up to this post, merging "Questions On Homunculi" thread with 4 pages of preceding posts (many of them unrelated OT or Spam posts) to "ashamed To Be Asking This" since questions asked were many "pop" questions (many not related to the thread title) and none of them really developed into any significant discussions. Checked the posts continuity, and confirmed that the the posts continuity will survive after the merge. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>
Taline
<"ashamed To Be Asking This" thread was originally started by this poster (who has been inactive since Sep. 15, 2005) and I merged "Spandex?, What's that black stuff?" with the preceding three pages of posts to this thread, to consolidate all minor FMA anime question threads. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

Okay, first stupid question, and I am very ashamed at having to ask this as an FMA fan, but what is the exact inscription on the inside of Ed's pocketwatch? Or perhaps, just the ep. number where I can find it? I'm paranoid cause I want to get a watch for an Ed cosplay, but with so many bootlegs out there... I've heard the inscription on the boots is wrong date-wise, so if someone could tell me exactly what it's supposed to be, I'd be eternally grateful. I just don't want to get ripped off by a fake. Thanks!
uber_panda
I think the inscription says: Remember, Oct 11, 1910. or something like that. Dont be ashamed, i couldt remember the inscription either
Taline
Thanks for your reply, but I need the exact inscription, cause I know the real date is either the 10th or the 11th, and the boots say one while the real one says another. Thanks for replying though. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know.
Internet Alchemist
The exact inscription says "Don't forget 3.oct.10" - episode 17

lol so its actualy Oct 3rd, 1910 - i didn't remember either, had to check tongue.gif
saffiremoon21
I feel so dumb for asking this sad.gif but i really need to know...

[spoiler]the skull that the Fuhrer has, is it a part of his former body?[/spoiler]
Reika
QUOTE(saffiremoon21 @ Jul 22 2005, 10:02 PM)
I feel so dumb for asking this  sad.gif   but i really need to know...

[spoiler]the skull that the Fuhrer has, is it a part of his former body?[/spoiler]
[snapback]223347[/snapback]

hey saffy!!! it's me ^^

[spoiler]
it was part of the body he originally "came from", his real him[/spoiler]
Guesty McGuestinstein
I have a question that's not really a stupid question, but I've got no where else to put it since I'm not a member and don't feel like joining just to post a topic.

Here's my question: In episodes 41 and 42 when the Philosopher's Stone is on the brink of being created, why did Dante call off the invasion of Lior? From what she said to Ed, it seemed like the only reason she did it was to spread the "Get to close to the Philosopher's Stone and you die" rumor around, but what would be the point of that if the Philosopher's stone is about to be created? And then why order Sloth and Wrath to attack the fleeing civilians of Lior? Dante's motives during those episodes were very confusing to me, so I'm hoping someone here can explain it.
mustangs_babe
Does anyone know the year of the Ishbal Rebellion? Or when the show takes place?
I'm judging from context...Early twentieth century. But remember, this is an alternate world, so I could be wrong. The rebellion lasted 7 years, if I'm not mistaken, and at the end the Fuhrer deployed the State Alchemists into Ishbal. Considering Winry's parents died during the rebellion, and the brothers were around 6-7 years old at the time, I'm gonna say the Ishbal Rebellion took place just a few years before the 1900s (in Amestris).
chocolate_eds_everywhere
QUOTE(yannathedemonalchemist @ Apr 7 2005, 01:45 PM) [snapback]148353[/snapback]
as many times as i have watched the first dvd, it states the year as 1910.....so that could only mean that it is set in the eary 1900s.....i hope that that this helps because also in the episode where they go back hoem with armstrong, pinako marks inside ed's watch a date for him to remember......cya all soon.....

@yannathedemonalchemist - ya it said that it was in 1910 and isn't it a coincidinc that King Edward was on the thrown
in England that year????? ya what was the date in ed's watch for anyway????

<Edited the post to prepare the thread for merging. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>
Femalchemist
QUOTE(Stained_Wings @ Mar 6 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]127874[/snapback]
y'know when Ed's wearing his boxers and you see that piece of black peeking out from underneath? what is it? i heard somewhere that it was spandex, but that seems just plain impractical to wear spandex AND boxers, especially when wearing as tight pants as Ed does. before i thought it was just some kind of censorship thing, but now i'm not sure. little help? huh.gif

Well, I just don't know. When I saw the episode I just figured he was wearing another pair of shorts so he wouldn't be flashing his privates. I mean just sitting there in his boxers in front of Winry would be pretty intimate and he doesn't seem embarrased at all.

Maes-Hughes
QUOTE(Stained_Wings @ Mar 6 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]127874[/snapback]
y'know when Ed's wearing his boxers and you see that piece of black peeking out from underneath? what is it? i heard somewhere that it was spandex, but that seems just plain impractical to wear spandex AND boxers, especially when wearing as tight pants as Ed does. before i thought it was just some kind of censorship thing, but now i'm not sure. little help? huh.gif

clearly a shadow *leaves*

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.