Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Anime (the First Series) Q & A Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(TidyKiwi @ Jul 19 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]423219[/snapback]

Movie question.

[spoiler] I haven't seen it but from what i've heard of it if Ed and Winry are 18 in the movie, how is Al 17 at the end of the series he's back in his 10 year old body. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] well Edward and Winry are the same age, and it so they were 16 at the end...2 years past making them 18 yes, well Alphonse is not in his 17 year old body i don't think, he's in his 10 year old body but 2 years have passed so he's 12...his hair just grew alot XD and that made him seem older.But his soul is 17 years old smile.gif [/spoiler]
Kati.
is envy male or female?
cause he/she wears a mini skirt...
but some people say envy and lust make a good couple...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Kati. @ Jul 23 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]424904[/snapback]

is envy male or female?

well .... it's more of a skort XD but non-the-less i believe he is a boy in the anime becaaaause (end of series spoiler ---->) [spoiler]in episode 50, he shows Edward his true form and it looks exactly like a teenage Hohenheim, (because he was Dante's and Hoho's son[/spoiler]
but in the manga it was never really said exept when [spoiler] he morphs into his true form and it's a monster...thing[/spoiler] so it depends whether or not you want to believe the anime or manga smile.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Kati. @ Jul 23 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]424904[/snapback]

is envy male or female?

Male

It's a "Mirt"

Ever hear of lesbians? Envy is a make though. An amgiguos male but a male non the less.
HalfAsian Alchemist
This might have already been answered, and I know personally it has been asked, but I'm not sure how Ed can make his arm blade! By Equivelent Exchange, Ed must give up something to make his blade, right? So, how does that work, does his automail become smaller a bit or something? blink.gif
Kati.

Ever hear of lesbians? Envy is a make though. An amgiguos male but a male non the less.

yeah but i wouldn't think lust is a lesbian
Nubz
QUOTE(HalfAsian Alchemist @ Jul 23 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]424974[/snapback]

This might have already been answered, and I know personally it has been asked, but I'm not sure how Ed can make his arm blade! By Equivelent Exchange, Ed must give up something to make his blade, right? So, how does that work, does his automail become smaller a bit or something? blink.gif

He's just reforming the metal; he's not actually creating it. So yeah the automail would become a bit thinner.
Edamame
QUOTE(Kati. @ Jul 23 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]424904[/snapback]

is envy male or female?

Envy is a male despite his androgenous look. In alchemy, the highest form that a person can obtain is that of the hermaphrodite which is what Envy displays. I think that his androgenous form is played up because after taking on the identities of so many people, Envy remarks that he doesn't remember his true form. However we see that this is not true in episode 51.
Tombow
QUOTE(Edamame @ Jul 24 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]425163[/snapback]

In alchemy, the highest form that a person can obtain is that of the hermaphrodite which is what Envy displays.
Ha, I did not know that!! smile.gif
The humonculas serpent
lol sorry hang on
Chibka
Okies... this is a question that another one of my friends had, to which I didn't know the answer. I hope to find it here.

Here goes...
Ed and Izumi can transmute without circles because they saw the gate, right? So why can't Al transmute without circles? I mean, in all technicalities, he saw the gate too, didn't he?

I have a couple lame ideas as to the answer, but I need someone's input. Please help!
MeLRizA
Al would be able to do perform alchemy by clapping his hands like Ed in episode 50 after he was made into Philosopher's Stone, if I'm not wrong. Izumi and Ed saw, or to put in a narrow view, faced the Gate. Therefore they are alble to do alchemy by simply clapping their hands. Al on the other hand was not facing the Gate when he got sucked into it. His foot enetered the Gate first and he was facing Ed when he got sucked in. That is why he could not see the Gate and was unable to alchemy like Izumi and Ed.

I hope I'm not wrong and you get what I meant.. Ahh, my literature sucks!
Popogeejo
Possibly right about that from the anime. In the manga he simply repressed the memory fo seeing the gate.

Spoilers for th manga
[spoiler]When Martel is killed inside him he suffers more shock which brings back his memories of the Gate which enables him to transmute without circles much to the upset of Ed.[/spoiler]
Chibka
Thank you so much, both of you. You helped a lot. ^^ Now I have to call my friend. XD
paca
QUOTE(Kati. @ Jul 23 2006, 06:43 PM) [snapback]424904[/snapback]

is envy male or female?

[spoiler] in the anime we know envy is a male. Envy is hoho's and Dante's son. He died long ago and hoho tried to bring him to life. At the end of the anime he takes his real form ( who is very similar to hoho) [/spoiler]
Edamame
I feel really stupid for asking this:

In episode 51 did Ed lose his arm and leg once again when passing through the gate or did he retain his original automail?
Automne
QUOTE(Edamame Posted Yesterday @ 08:20 AM)
In episode 51 did Ed lose his arm and leg once again when passing through the gate or did he retain his original automail?

Hum, if I remember correctly
[spoiler]just before passing through the Gate once more, Ed had regained his arm and his leg, and later, we see him with Hoho with what looks like a disfunctioning metal limb (his arm one)...so my guess is that he lost them once again and that Hoho made him the 'automail' we see him with at the end of the last episode.[/spoiler]
Edamame
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Aug 1 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]428095[/snapback]

QUOTE(Edamame Posted Yesterday @ 08:20 AM)

Hum, if I remember correctly
[spoiler]just before passing through the Gate once more, Ed had regained his arm and his leg, and later, we see him with Hoho with what looks like a disfunctioning metal limb (his arm one)...so my guess is that he lost them once again and that Hoho made him the 'automail' we see him with at the end of the last episode.[/spoiler]

Thankyou Sin Luxuria. That is what I thought as well but I still don't understand how Winry was able to equip him with auto-mail when he passed through the gate again with the prosthesis that his father made. Doesn't auto-mail need to be conected to the nerves. (I seriously think that I am over analyzing this, but it is annoying me.)
Automne
Hehe! Yes, yes, indeed, you're right, it does need to be connected to the nerves but, sadly, the movie is full of plot-holes and, unfortunatly, over-analizing won't give us any correct answers, which is, indeed, very frustrating.
paca
question (sorry if it has been already asked.........):

[spoiler]Selim died in chapter 51, didn't he? blink.gif [/spoiler]
InsaneFangirl
Male.

[spoiler] At the end of the series, Envy shows Ed his "true form", which is Hoho and Dante's son. As a human, he died of mercury posiening(sp?), and was brought back as Envy. [/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(paca @ Aug 1 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]428129[/snapback]

question (sorry if it has been already asked.........):

[spoiler]Selim died in chapter 51, didn't he? blink.gif [/spoiler]
I think so. It's sad. sad.gif
paca
Thanks Tombow!

I think he couldn't survive after all that sad.gif.
fullmetal_alchemistwater
hey have u guys ever wonder how old is alfons heidei in the movie i never thought of that i posted this just to know how old he is sorry

Threads merged.
Edamame
QUOTE(fullmetal_alchemistwater @ Aug 3 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]428719[/snapback]

hey have u guys ever wonder how old is heidei in the movie i never thought of that i posted this just to know how old he is sorry

I believe that he is seventeen because he is a year younger than Edward.
(I think question belongs in the I'm Ashamed to be Asking this thread though)
InsaneFangirl
I'm ashamed to say so, but his death affected me the most.
InsaneFangirl
According to NewType, he's 17 years old.
sweety_pie
I remember Ed saying "I met him 2 years ago, he reminds me of what my brother would look like at 18."
(I checked wiki, but it said nothing about his age.)
Migchao
First off, WTF is an Alfons Heidei? It's Alphonse Heiderich.

Second, he must be around sixteen or seventeen.
Tombow
QUOTE(InsaneFangirl @ Aug 3 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]428786[/snapback]

Nothing to be ashamed of!! happy.gif He was such a sweet innocent person!! sad.gif
Automne
QUOTE(kittygirl Posted Yesterday @ 10:42 PM)
First off, WTF is an Alfons Heidei? It's Alphonse Heiderich.

No. It's Alfons Heiderich.

And he's 17.
Edamame
QUOTE(InsaneFangirl @ Aug 4 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]428786[/snapback]

[spoiler]
I feel that same way. The poor boy could not escape death either way. Sadly, he looked rather at peace when he was shot [/spoiler]
Popogeejo
Spoilers much?
Use spoiler tags.
CODE
[spoiler]<pie>[/spoiler]

[spoiler]<pie>[/spoiler]
Amaya Hawkeye
[spoiler]Why is it that when Hoenheim and Dante change bodies that their bodies start to decompose? I mean, its not like the bodies are dead, they're able to do human functions such as erm... fathering a child. haha.[/spoiler]
sweety_pie
Everytime they switch bodies they lose part of thier soul in their transmutation, so with less of their soul each time their body dies faster...( I think)
Colonel_Sarcasm
alot of the date questions on here can be answered here:

http://www.roy-mustang.net/pyro/info/info_fma_timeline.html
Brig.General Hughes
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Aug 10 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]431089[/snapback]

Everytime they switch bodies they lose part of thier soul in their transmutation, so with less of their soul each time their body dies faster...( I think)

ya ur right every time they transmute their bodies they use a part of their soul i guess without knowing it except when hoinheim finds out in the transmutation
and
in the episode when doctor marko was attacked by lust and was forced to giv up the where abouts of his research to her was he ever killed, i mean u never found out it just went to the next scene
sweety_pie
Yes Marcho was killed.

I don't want to seem rude, but when the letter "i" is used as a pronoun?... it is capatalized.And at the end of a sentence you mark it with a period.Also "ur" is spelled you're.Names are capatilized too.
Tombow
^^ Yap. And, if I may add... we usually capitalize the first letter of the sentence also. biggrin.gif
Oh, and the first letter of persoinal names....such as, Brig. General Hughes. smile.gif
sweety_pie
Yeah, and "Brigdier" is spelled Brigadier. smile.gif Ok, I'm done now.
Brig.General Hughes
Harsh sorry guys if my bad grammar and spelling hurt your feelings
Astria
I apologise if this has been asked already (I looked through, but could have missed this). An anime-related question.

Homunculi: Are they *actually* the embodiments of sin (one to seven, Envy, Pride etc...),

[spoiler]or did Dante merely name them as such? Envy says somewhere that they were named because they were the products of human sin, but Greed speaks about himself almost as if he thinks he is the personification of 'greed'... Okay, random question, but was just curious. Thanks. [/spoiler]
Popogeejo
They do hold some traits of their sins but they aren't the living embodiments of them (as far as I know)
Tombow
QUOTE(Astria @ Aug 16 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]433457[/snapback]
Homunculi: Are they *actually* the embodiments of sin (one to seven, Envy, Pride etc...),
At least, carry the traits, for sure.
(So, we can say, they are the embodiments of their name-sake to a degree?? biggrin.gif)
For example, Gluttomy eats, and eats, and eats... Fittingly so, IMO.
Automne
QUOTE(Astria Posted Today @ 12:34 PM)

[spoiler]or did Dante merely name them as such? Envy says somewhere that they were named because they were the products of human sin, but Greed speaks about himself almost as if he thinks he is the personification of 'greed'... Okay, random question, but was just curious. Thanks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You can see in episode 47 that this is Dante who named Sloth, and she certainly bases her choice of names on the main sin people who died - and became homunculi - commited the most in their human lives. Dante always seems to know so...Yeah, that's my theory.[/spoiler]
Astria
Now that makes it clearer. I have my own thoughts on the homunculi, but those are for another thread. Thanks, all of you. smile.gif
Popogeejo
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Aug 16 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]433466[/snapback]

[spoiler]You can see in episode 47 that this is Dante who named Sloth, and she certainly bases her choice of names on the main sin people who died - and became homunculi - commited the most in their human lives. Dante always seems to know so...Yeah, that's my theory.[/spoiler]

What about Wrath?
Lysander
His name kind of suits him as he's always screaming at ed. (Just an opinion. tongue.gif )
Automne
QUOTE(popogeejo Posted Yesterday @ 01:24 PM)
What about Wrath?

Well, I think it's obvious.

[spoiler]Dying as a baby, he certainly didn't have the time to feel much. However, his main feeling as the child we see later is quite predictable. How would a child react by learning his mother 'rejected' him (and wants to do it once again), that he died so early and that he's not human?[/spoiler]

Greed貪欲
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Aug 16 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]433483[/snapback]

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Aug 16 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]433466[/snapback]

What about Wrath?

He was wrathful to Izumi? Not exactly though.. Pride I can see since he is the Fuher.. Wrath is probably the hardest to understand there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.