Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Anime (the First Series) Q & A Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Tyrasibion
i hav a question like that, in the last episode gluttony found donte in the elevador and attacked her. after that you never found out what happened to dante or gluttony, i mean dante is an all-powerful alchemist you wouldnt think that she was eaten by gluttony. im stumped i dont no if she is dead or gluttony.

[spoiler]You know that Dante (in episode 50) forbids Ed from using Alchemy because he is near the Philosopher's Stone. Then Gluttony eats a small part of the stone.

Dante did a transmutation to Gluttony (in the elevator later on), who had a part of the stone inside him. Voila. The transmutation probably kills Dante, and what happens to Gluttony can be seen in the movie.[/spoiler]

Sorry MonsterEnvy. Edited.
MeLRizA
@ Tyrasibion
I've always thought that Gluttony ate her up in the elevator.. blink.gif

@ everyone/anyone
What happened to Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye @ the end of the movie? It seems that they did not have a proper ending.. This quetion has been hanging in my mind for a long time..
MonsterEnvy
^^They had 37 kids. Roy may be missing an eye, but his libido is in perfect shape tongue.gif

I have no clue, haven't seen the movie.

Tyrasibion, please use spoiler tags when conferring plot/ending details.

They're coded like this-
CODE
[spoiler]information[/spoiler]
and they'll end up looking like this: [spoiler] YAY! [/spoiler]. Highlight it to read it.
subul
@ MeLRizA: I havnt seen the movie, (but ive spoiled it for myself by reading the summery!) and apparently, they dont show what happens to roy or to riza at the end of the movie....so thats a big bummer!!

Q. I still dont get why - [spoiler]Mustang killed Winrys' parents!?![/spoiler]
Popogeejo
[spoiler]He was ordered too because they were aiding the enemy. it's generaly not approved to help the "Bad guys" in a war. gran decided to lay out the traditional punishment of poppin' a cap in the skulls.[/spoiler]
windxalchemist
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Oct 31 2005, 12:50 AM) [snapback]307065[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sir_Lemon @ Oct 30 2005, 10:38 PM) [snapback]307040[/snapback]

What happened to Ed and Al's mom.....did she turned into a homoculus?

*sigh....hangs head in shame* Alas, I too have a question...a question that needs answering, but it involves episodes beyond what adult swim has shown, so please only read the question if you have seen the whole series....or if you have general curiosity smile.gif

[spoiler] When was Rose pregent and with whom was that baby with? all that she would talk about was her dead boyfriend and here she is with a BABY at the end of the show...can someone explain that to me, please [/spoiler]

I thought that was Scar's baby...
Tombow
QUOTE(windxalchemist @ May 29 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]403302[/snapback]
[spoiler] When was Rose pregent and with whom was that baby with? all that she would talk about was her dead boyfriend and here she is with a BABY at the end of the show...can someone explain that to me, please [/spoiler]
Ha, that's a new theory... (Tho, personaly I don't think that was Scar's baby.) biggrin.gif
Many of us think that[spoiler]Rose was raped during the Lior uprizsing by the Amestris military solder(s) who came to Lior to control the uprising.[/spoiler]
MeLRizA
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 28 2006, 05:06 AM) [snapback]402189[/snapback]

^^They had 37 kids. Roy may be missing an eye, but his libido is in perfect shape tongue.gif

Not bad.. pretty nice imagination happy.gif Ecpect that there will be some baby-boom problems in Central City after that..

QUOTE(Tombow @ May 30 2006, 11:41 AM) [snapback]403329[/snapback]

QUOTE(windxalchemist @ May 29 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]403302[/snapback]
Ha, that's a new theory... (Tho, personaly I don't think that was Scar's baby.) biggrin.gif
Many of us think that[spoiler]Rose was raped during the Lior uprizsing by the Amestris military solder(s) who came to Lior to control the uprising.[/spoiler]

I agree~ laugh.gif I've always thought so..
Keoni
QUOTE(MonsterEnvy @ May 27 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]402189[/snapback]

LOL laugh.gif and there goes Riza's figure! biggrin.gif
Nothing happened with Roy and Riza in the movie. My guess is they probably went back to they're old routine of hints and suggestion. happy.gif

As for Rose's baby, I heard a theory about [spoiler] it being Frank Archer's baby. But I don't think so.
Hell, it could be anybody's laugh.gif My favorite theory involves Hakuro. [/spoiler]
windxalchemist
QUOTE(MeLRizA @ May 27 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]402118[/snapback]

@ Tyrasibion
I've always thought that Gluttony ate her up in the elevator.. blink.gif

@ everyone/anyone
What happened to Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye @ the end of the movie? It seems that they did not have a proper ending.. This question has been hanging in my mind for a long time..

OMG! I KNOW! Seriously! At least give the sexiest best character a good ending!
[spoiler]He just ditched her in that hot air balloon! I mean WTF! AHHHH! She was all like "Take me with you!" but he said, "Sorry, I only have enough power to take one person." ERGH! that makes me mad. mad.gif dry.gif and the rest of his "subordinates" all scattered, but she stood there saluting him. AHH! so royAi!!!!!!!! and what does he give her in return? he ditches the woman! ah~ mad.gif[/spoiler]

So to answer your question.....
[spoiler]In the light of reality -Reality is really ugly, let's give it plastic surgery- they were split apart. Well, it makes sense. Because when Havoc and Breda came to visit Roy, and they left, Breda was all,"We should have brought the Lieutenant" and Havoc tells him that Roy wouldn't want her to see him like this. Isn't that so sad? So, that's probably why he left her. It's one of those 'tough love', 'her happiness lies in a place without me', 'She doesn't deserve a murderer like me, with the blood of innocent on my hands' things. Ergh. sexy Men.... dry.gif [/spoiler]

okay. lol.
-windxalchemist

shadowkat
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 26 2006, 01:30 AM) [snapback]401055[/snapback]

@shadowkat - Welcome to the board!! smile.gif
No problem having bunch of questions, and thank you for posting on the right thread!! biggrin.gif

The FMA series ended with episode 51, with Al getting his body back, and Ed in the other world, as you saw.
The sotry continues to FMA "Shambara" movie, and the movie sort of acted like episode 52, concluding the seires story-line.

The movie was released in Japan last year, and scheduled to be released in U.S.A. this fall.
If interested, you can read movie summary, and whole bunch of FMA movie discussions in our FMA movie sub-forum. smile.gif

So far, as far as we know, there is no sign of any more FMA episodes, nor another movie.

And, I think current re-run is on CN Monday night, 10:30 Eastern time, and Saturday night, 9:30 Eastern time (tho I could be wrong. Please double check your local listings. biggrin.gif )

Thank you for the information. Too bad about the series end. With all of the crap out there on evening television, it was a real pleasure to have something well played to watch. The story line was well thought out, kept my interest and made me want to watch more of it. That's unusual for me. I'll have to check out "Shambara" later this year and see how it all ends. Thanks again for your help.

sweety_pie
I have a question, when did Ed and Al burn down their house?Wasn't is 3 oct.11, or 3 oct.10?
r315razor
im 110% possitive it was 3 oct. 10.

In episode 17, it shows it. I even just went to check it. (I have all the eps on my computer @_@)

OMG I WHY CANT I MAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF THE VIDEO?!?

Ok, this is the next best thing I can do, cause every time i try to make a screen shot of the video, the screen just turns all black.

Proof is in: Episode 17, The House of the Waiting Family. 17min and 36 sec into the episode. Ed, Al, and Armstrong are having a skirmish match outside, when Winry gets little evil ideas to take apart ed's watch. Thats when she finds the message.
Knytshade
Those funky lines on the Homuculi that have circles on the ends of them? What exactly -are- those for and (if any) what do they mean? huh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jun 1 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]404641[/snapback]
I have a question, when did Ed and Al burn down their house?Wasn't is 3 oct.11, or 3 oct.10?
@sweety_pie - In FMA anime, it's Oct 10, while in FMA manga, it's Oct. 11. smile.gif
windxalchemist
QUOTE(Knytshade @ Jun 1 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]404694[/snapback]

Those funky lines on the Homuculi that have circles on the ends of them? What exactly -are- those for and (if any) what do they mean? huh.gif

THIS?

Do you mean that? That's the Ouroboros. The snake that devours its own tail.
The series doesn't quite explain it very well, but all of the homunculi have them on their bodies.
-windxalchemist
Number48
BTW, how did Hohenheim managed to survive for 500 years? and what happened to him?
Tombow
QUOTE(Number48 @ Jun 9 2006, 04:31 AM) [snapback]408958[/snapback]
BTW, how did Hohenheim managed to survive for 500 years? and what happened to him?
@Number48 I don't know how far you are in the series, but if you don't mind the spoiler, then
[spoiler]He swiched bodies. But, eventually, the newly acquired body starts to decay sooner and sooner.
Yeah, it's sad. rolleyes.gif [/spoiler]
Number48
Ah I see. I still have many questions--bear with me.

What happened to the guy (I believe he was named as Marco) when he was attacked by the Homonculus? I believe he was seriously injured when that episode ended--and also, what was the fate of the maid whom they used to threaten Marco into spilling the beans? did Gluttony ate her?
Popogeejo
[spoiler]Marco got munched and I think the maid got chommped aswell.[/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(Number48 @ Jun 9 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]409064[/snapback]
Ah I see. I still have many questions--bear with me.
No problem!! That's what this thread is for. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Jun 9 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]409068[/snapback]

[spoiler]Marco got munched and I think the maid got chommped aswell.[/spoiler]
Yap.
[spoiler]We assum Gluttony ate them. [/spoiler]
Yoku_Aijin
I've got a stupid question.

ohmy.gif
In the manga, Riza said that she met Greed. But I keep looking and I can't find any chapter where they meet at all.

Does anyone know where I could find it, or if it even exists at all? She could have been talking about
Greed!Ling but it doubt it becuase it was well before Ling became a homunculus.
Eri no yuki
"Don't forget 3.oct.10" that's what the clock said...well Ed wrote it there.
sweety_pie
I have a question, who was the guy who was attacking Ed,and Al on the island. I know he was Izumis' friend. And he was sent there to keep them safe, but why did attack them?

BTW, thanks for the help with my last question.I watched the episode that explains it, and now I understand.
Anna Vinluan
I forgot the guy's name, but I think Izumi sent him there to 'train' them a little bit. blink.gif
Weird.
Popogeejo
I have a question, who was the guy who was attacking Ed,and Al on the island. I know he was Izumis' friend. And he was sent there to keep them safe, but why did attack them?

You mean Mason, Sigs assitant? He attacked them as part of their Training I assume or to see if they can stand a chance with Izumi. If they can't stand him them Izumi would eat them alive THEN kill them. You gots' ta push them to the limit!*Breaks into song*
No_One
I have a question. Roy's eye, how did he loose it? I saw the episode but I guess I missed it, (he had 2 eyes then Riza showed up and he fell then he had 1 eye) huh.gif
Popogeejo
[spoiler]He got shot by Archer.[/spoiler]
Amaya Hawkeye
Big spoiler coming up.

[spoiler] What was the point of Ed going across the gate the first time? I mean I know it was so he could get across the gate and see what it was, but how come the first time he went over and had short hair? And what was the point of him getting hit by the blimp or whatever it was? and how come when he went across the final time he had long hair? Was the blimp the way to kill off the alter!Edward or something? Cause I think two alters meeting each other would tear a hole in the universe... anyway, yeah just explain all that please, it may be a really stupid question, but I was having a panic attack during the last few episodes and cant remember much.[/spoiler]
paca
QUOTE(Yoku_Aijin @ Jun 16 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]412607[/snapback]

I've got a stupid question.

ohmy.gif
In the manga, Riza said that she met Greed. But I keep looking and I can't find any chapter where they meet at all.

Does anyone know where I could find it, or if it even exists at all? She could have been talking about
Greed!Ling but it doubt it becuase it was well before Ling became a homunculus.

Oh! ohmy.gif I don't know!!! blink.gif I will try to discover that.
But, psss, this is the anime section and you are asking about manga.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Amaya Hawkeye @ Jun 24 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]415650[/snapback]

Big spoiler coming up.

[spoiler] What was the point of Ed going across the gate the first time? I mean I know it was so he could get across the gate and see what it was, but how come the first time he went over and had short hair? And what was the point of him getting hit by the blimp or whatever it was? and how come when he went across the final time he had long hair? Was the blimp the way to kill off the alter!Edward or something? Cause I think two alters meeting each other would tear a hole in the universe... anyway, yeah just explain all that please, it may be a really stupid question, but I was having a panic attack during the last few episodes and cant remember much.[/spoiler]

long very spoilerish spoiler :3

[spoiler] the point of going the first time was, Dante tried to do the same thing to Edward as she did to Hoho, split his mind body and soul up in the gate. Edward did'nt CHOOSE to go though. and the reason he had short hair is because the alter!Edward had short hair and when the real Edward went through only his soul went so beacuse he had no body his soul was automatically attracted to
Alter!Edward's body. *phew*

there was'nt really a point in having Alter!Edward's body die by the zepplin , but Edward got back through the gate then so i guess that was the point ^^; the final time he came back is beacuse it's been awhile so his hair grew long smile.gif . and the alter!Edward and the real Edward ,they did'nt really 'meet' real~Edward just inheirited his body for awhile :-\ [/spoiler]
if they'res anything else that you don't understand tell me happy.gif

folsom
i dont know how to do that highlight to read thing so

SPOILERS!!!

we know that homunculus can be killed so there must have been others before them that were killed. Therefore there could have been a previous homunculus named lust which was killed. Then when scar's brother attempted to bring his girlfriend back he created the new lust.
Popogeejo
To do spoilers just put the following around the text you want to hide like so;
CODE
[spoiler] Text [/spoiler]

we know that homunculus can be killed so there must have been others before them that were killed. Therefore there could have been a previous homunculus named lust which was killed. Then when scar's brother attempted to bring his girlfriend back he created the new lust.

So what are you asking?
folsom
sorry i was responding to something else previously and forgot to quote!
sweety_pie
I just watched episode 36, and Ed said he had killed someone, I remember it but not what episode he killed him in.Does enyone know what ep. it was that Ed had killed the guy?
Popogeejo
Episode 4.
folsom
he also killed greed
Amaya Hawkeye
Thanks for answering my stupid question, now it makes sense. I have another one for ya!

In Episode 25 (Farewell, many people know the episode just by it's number. :'(), at the beginning it is a flashback of Hughes coming to see Roy after Roy came back from Ishbal. Poor Roy looks all sad and disheveled (sp?) and Hughes comes in with the pie his girlfriend made (-.-), he walks in and sees all the circles on the floor, then he finds this:

IPB Image

Whats in the buckets? It looks like it could be two things. Either blood or red water, but if it were red water, wouldnt the fumes kill him after a while? After all, Ed was in the underground passageway with the red water in Xenotime he passed out after only a couple minutes, and it looks like Roy had been there for days. But... it doesnt seem likely that it would be blood because it would more than likely be from him, and I counted 6 large buckets, and they're filled. Humans only have on average 6 pints of blood in their bodies and it takes 53 days to replenish one pint of blood (My teacher recently gave blood, this is how I know this). I thought of refined red water but how would he get that?

So what is in the buckets? It doesnt make sense, unless he was there for like a year. Thanks for reading my long question, hope someone replies!!!
folsom
QUOTE(Amaya Hawkeye @ Jul 1 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]418865[/snapback]

Thanks for answering my stupid question, now it makes sense. I have another one for ya!

In Episode 25 (Farewell, many people know the episode just by it's number. :'(), at the beginning it is a flashback of Hughes coming to see Roy after Roy came back from Ishbal. Poor Roy looks all sad and disheveled (sp?) and Hughes comes in with the pie his girlfriend made (-.-), he walks in and sees all the circles on the floor, then he finds this:

IPB Image

Whats in the buckets? It looks like it could be two things. Either blood or red water, but if it were red water, wouldnt the fumes kill him after a while? After all, Ed was in the underground passageway with the red water in Xenotime he passed out after only a couple minutes, and it looks like Roy had been there for days. But... it doesnt seem likely that it would be blood because it would more than likely be from him, and I counted 6 large buckets, and they're filled. Humans only have on average 6 pints of blood in their bodies and it takes 53 days to replenish one pint of blood (My teacher recently gave blood, this is how I know this). I thought of refined red water but how would he get that?

So what is in the buckets? It doesnt make sense, unless he was there for like a year. Thanks for reading my long question, hope someone replies!!!

its blood
sweety_pie
Well where did Roy get the blood?
Popogeejo
Blood bank perhaps?
I'd want to know how can you be sure it's blood? It never says in the show as far as I know, so it's all based on assumptions.
x8.ReisA.8x
oohh, really random - and im a newbie here; but about the voice coming from the suit of armor, since their souls have departed their original body and in al's case, ed put the blood seal? that particular seal is like a dna and piece of identification, so to speak - of alphonse elric. so everything that is him, around him and with him, anythin RELATED to him goes along - and i assume that's how the voice got there. oh, and i have a question as well...i was watchin the episodes on youtube and i didnt quite clearly get how ed died, then came back to life....someone care to explain? dry.gif
Migchao

oohh, really random - and im a newbie here; but about the voice coming from the suit of armor, since their souls have departed their original body and in al's case, ed put the blood seal? that particular seal is like a dna and piece of identification, so to speak - of alphonse elric. so everything that is him, around him and with him, anythin RELATED to him goes along - and i assume that's how the voice got there. oh, and i have a question as well...i was watchin the episodes on youtube and i didnt quite clearly get how ed died, then came back to life....someone care to explain? dry.gif

Edward was killed by Envy and Al brought him back, but Ed wound up in our world.
blubbernuggetalchemist
not only that but
[spoiler]
alphonse got turned into the philosphers stone by scar, and then ed broke the door down with lust helping him , but by the time he got there, al was already changed. Wrath kills lust, envy kills edward. dante attempts to use al as the philosophers stone, but she has to get through tucker first, who wants to use al to bring nina back. so Alphonse used him self to go to the gate and get Eds soul, body, and lost limbs out at the price of him self, and the philosophers stone within him. when al takes edwards arms from the gate, he is really ripping them off of wrath. So ed comes back, and sacrifices his entire body and soul to bring al back comepletly, body, soul, and mind. alphonse wakes up in his 10 year old body, and ed is sent to our, non alchemical world in 1930 .
[/spoiler]
paolare
QUOTE(Internet Alchemist @ Jul 21 2005, 04:05 AM) [snapback]220691[/snapback]

The exact inscription says "Don't forget 3.oct.10" - episode 17

lol so its actualy Oct 3rd, 1910 - i didn't remember either, had to check tongue.gif

maybe they said why he had that inscription, but I don't remember :S
care to tell me why? happy.gif

I haven't seen all the eps (on ep36 right now) so if they explain it later on, don't tell me! blink.gif

thanks! tongue.gif
sweety_pie
I feel stupid asking this but do hummunculi have belly buttons?
Amaya Hawkeye
I understand why you would think they wouldn't, as they werent born from a woman, but, they are perfect replicas of the person who the alchemist tried to bring back, so I don't see why they wouldnt have belly buttons. Yay for people trying to delve into the tiny details of FMA, you sound like me. smile.gif

Another question, sorry, thanks for the answer to my last question, although I still wanna know how he got the blood lol anyway, my real question is this. Everywhere you look it says Ed is a Major. It never says this in the anime, does it say it in the Manga or something, or did the creators tell us this at some point?
Popogeejo
It said in the manga after Maria Ross smacked Ed.

QUOTE(Sweaty Pi)
do hummunculi have belly buttons?

Might want to check pics of envy or Wrath. the show alot of belly don't they?
TidyKiwi
Movie question.

[spoiler] I haven't seen it but from what i've heard of it if Ed and Winry are 18 in the movie, how is Al 17 at the end of the series he's back in his 10 year old body. [/spoiler]
InsaneFangirl
At the end of the series Al came back the way he was before he was in the armor, along with his memories of the journey.

In the movie, he's 12 or 13. Body and mind.

That's as well as I know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.