Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Song 'brothers'
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The Colonel's Girl
It probably is a new fad...And i never knew that GITS:SAC was in russian!! That is so cool!! but yeah, brothers is such a sad, beautiful song! (you still need to let me borrow your thing for me to see the Riza/Roy game cut scene, Miss ScarredSweetheart!)
Defade
I really love this song a lot! I got sucked to it the first time I listened to it!
But, I really wanted the piano sheet music of this song! Can anyone tell me?
Kaiko
The lyrics are so pretty. Heh, it's funny, I though this was sung in German, but then it didn't sound like German. It's in Russian! Awesome~ xD
the song actually is sung by boys, it's not all female group. there are male names in the choir list.
anime_manga_fan
When I first listened to it in episode 3. I thought it was Japanese. But then I was like "No, must be Austrian". Then I thought German. And then when I went to a site to listen to it in Russian and English, I was like "Ok. Russian then."

Such a tuching song. Well done too. Fits with the theme. ><"
Jukebox_Hikari
I just listened to the song... And...

I friggin wanna watch FMA all over again. O_o . . . . . . . . .

>_< So pretty....
(Ty for translation btw.)
QUOTE(Jukebox_Hikari @ Jul 29 2005, 02:45 AM)

I  friggin wanna watch FMA all over again. O_o . . . . . . . . .

>_< So pretty....
[snapback]231375[/snapback]

this song's not in japanes, do you have an idea of is language!??
edochick
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 27 2005, 12:23 PM)

>_< So pretty....

[snapback]264233[/snapback]

It's Russian.
QUOTE(edochick @ Aug 27 2005, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 27 2005, 12:23 PM)

>_< So pretty....

[snapback]264233[/snapback]

It's Russian.
[snapback]264347[/snapback]

thanks ^^ that' a bit what I thought but I wasn't sure..
jbritz22
anyone know where I can find more songs by this choir?

I would absolutlly love it...

Or any that are even similiar to this.
animefangirl
wow id never be able to translate that But i speak russian so i know what the song meant

btw i think the opening to gits : sac 2nd gigs theme song is in russian ( i have the promotionail vidio)
Odysseus
Yeah I'm pretty sure both opening themes for GITS are in Russian ("Inner Universe" and "Rise", SAC and 2nd GIG respectively.) and bothe are rather good in my opinion.
Any other choir songs similiar to this that you can reccomend?
edwardasakura18
mmmm.. brajia/brother,i love that song! its my favorite in the whole series, it makes mei cry.. do you ever just read the manga and listen to the music..ooh beautiful. that song gets me to sleep,its the only thing that will. i just played the song over for my roomie. sigh..its so good...love that choir! and i had no idea it was russian! i thought it was german.. how mind blowing!!

filimonovna ... you're the best for posting the translations!! its so sad.. snifsnif (im thinking about hte chapter when al accuses ed of making him up..waaaaii!!!!)
Shinobimelxi
"""""""""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wow id never be able to translate that But i speak russian so i know what the song meant

btw i think the opening to gits : sac 2nd gigs theme song is in russian ( i have the promotionail vidio)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~""""""""""""

What did the song mean?

and what do you mean by
"btw i think the opening to gits : sac 2nd gigs theme song is in russian."

Oh, can you share the video? I would'nt mind watching
edwardasakura18
hey, can someone post the original russian lyrics? i think they're just fab..or at least point me in teh right direction? love to you all!! music is life! hahha
FMAlover^
This is the lyrics

Прости меня, младший брат!
Я так пред тобой виноват.
Пытаться вернуть нельзя
Того, что взяла земля.
Кто знает закон Бытия,
Помог бы и мне найти ответ.
Жестоко ошибся я:
От смерти лекарства нет.

Милая мама! Нежная!
Мы так любили тебя.
Но все наши силы
Потрачены были зря.

Тебя соблазнил я
Прекрасной надеждой
Вернуть наш семейный очаг.
Мой брат, я во всем виноват.

Не плачь, не печалься, старший брат!
Не ты один виноват.
Дорога у нас одна,
Искупим вину до дна.

Мне не в чем тебя упрекнуть,
И я не обижен ничуть.
Тяжек, наш грех
Хотеть быть сильнее всех.

Милая мама! Нежная!
Мы так любили тебя.
Но все наши силы
Потрачены были зря.

Я сам соблазнился
Прекрасной надеждой
Вернуть наш семейный очаг.
Я сам во всем виноват.

Но что же нам делать, как быть?
Как все исправить, забыть?
Пытаться вернуть нельзя,
Того, что взяла земля.

I got it from www.centralcity.org

Rodan
To finally put this to an end : The song really is in Russian because I am german and I donīt understand a word ... so thank you for the translation ! biggrin.gif

There are some connections to german.
1. as mentionned The " Fuhrer " ( Führer )

2. Hohenheim of Light ( was also correctly answered on page 3 )
The funny thing is that Iīm studying Economics & Business Sciences at the University of Hohenheim ( this is the place that it is talked about and historicaly thought of ), it has a very good reputation and a nice castle. You can try Hohenheim on the english Wikipedia. The "town" Hohenheim does no longer exist, now this is the whole Campus of the University. With the towns arround it belongs to Stuttgart ( Soccer World Championship 06 ).

3.The last scene with Hohenheim and Edward : Hohenheim talks to Professor Haushofer - VERY german wink.gif ALSO listen up : at the very beginning of the scene there are those people in robes standing arround the transmutation circle in some sort of church : Iīm only 99% sure ( too many noises, the music and japanese voice actors trying to talk german in a group ... ) but I would put my hand into fire that those people are praying Psalm 22 (23) A psalm for David - to be more precise the (4)th part :

For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.

---- I donīt know where to post this piece of information or even if anyone is interessted in it so Iīll leave it here !

so SORRY for having interuppted the talk about "Brothers" and thats why I came here :
At the end of Episode #27 - Teacher ( last scene ) there is a song played on piano - Is this Brothers ? If it is - where can I get this version from ?Itīs not on the OST, is it ?!?!? I have some problems accessing the Audio Section so if the piano version is in there plz let me know.

so far
/rodan
ChibiWinry_05
Hey have u guys heard the english of brothers it's so beautiful vic did an awsome job of singing it. It inspires me happy.gif
edwardasakura18
vic sings?!?!?! omg! chibi winry please link mei!! haha.. and fmalover, thanks so much for that happy.gif i dont really understand a lick of it but haha thanks for that.. i think ill go put it somewhere happy.gif ooh! and rodan..i cant believe you go to the university of hohenhiem! i found a pic of the school emblem a year ago and thought i was cool but you obviously take the cake haha. if i went there i would soo sport the school insignia!
Sedra
QUOTE(Guest_Hoshi @ Nov 4 2004, 06:39 AM) [snapback]32354[/snapback]

Ne, can anyone post the actual lyrics of Brothers?? ^^"

http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-11687.html it has the Russian and the english translations.
Rodan
Does someone know where to get piano sheet music of brother.... on the 2nd OST there is a song called 6- Kodoku ... not very long but very beautiful.

@ edwardasakura18 ...
you meant this one ?!?
Click to view attachment
http://www.iamrodan.com/temp/hoh.jpg

** rodan

<Edited to switch posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. ^^ 02/08/07 ~Tombow>
quills
i believe the setting of the movie is in Munich~ so maybe that's why the song is in Russian.
it's probably one of the most touching song i have ever heard though.
beautiful and melancholy... it suits the whole theme of fma.
ChibiWinry_05
I showed the russian text version fo the song to a couple of my classmates cause they're from Russia and when they read the song they thought it was really cute happy.gif and they didn't knwo about full metal alchemist so they thought the song might have been about a wat which is understand able laugh.gif they're really nice and i think they loved the song also ^^
hi. i know this was a few pages ago, but if anyones stil lookingfor the sheet music, u can go to http://ichigos.com/sheets.shtml?tq=f
joanne45
That sungs in Russian. I knew it! That music makes me cry.
~Wolven Alchemist~
I just got the song yesterday, and when I read the translation of the lyrics I almost cried. T_T Such a sad/touching song... (and so beautiful -- I think even the language itself is beautiful.)
Emily_BrokenAngel
Yeah agree....
But I think Vic makes a mistake for sing all the song.
īCause Ed sings the first part till the part of "My brother I was a fool"
Then Alphonse sings: "Donīt cry for the past..... and then he finishes with: ....As we flew to close to the sun" then he sings the chorus. Ed sings "My dreams made me....."
And finally, both sing: "So where do we go from here? and how to forget and forgive? Whatīs gone is forever lost... Now all we can do is live...."
Got ya?
Wondering if they sing it like that unsure.gif
Incest&Insanity
QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Oct 7 2004, 09:07 AM) [snapback]24434[/snapback]
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 12 2004, 10:31 PM)
really???

Yeah >> <snip><< just download the OST wink.gif

If you have MSN I can also send it to you?
Can you please send the "Brothers" song to me at don'taskforillegalmusic@aol.com because I have been looking for it for months and months and I could never find it, but all I want is that song, cause I have all the others biggrin.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Emily_BrokenAngel @ Feb 6 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]501669[/snapback]

This OST is played in almost every episodes when ever there are events that involves "brotherhood"

Can you please send the "Brothers" song to me at don'taskforillegalmusic@aol.com because I have been looking for it for months and months and I could never find it, but all I want is that song, cause I have all the others biggrin.gif

Look at when they posted it...its about 3 years ago...There's only 1% chance they will read your post...
Add me in MSN and I will send it to you when you and I are online...
Incest&Insanity
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 7 2007, 05:02 AM) [snapback]502070[/snapback]
QUOTE(Emily_BrokenAngel @ Feb 6 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]501669[/snapback]

This OST is played in almost every episodes when ever there are events that involves "brotherhood"

Look at when they posted it...its about 3 years ago...There's only 1% chance they will read your post...
Add me in MSN and I will send it to you when you and I are online...
ok, but I dont use my msn messanger, but I use my windows messanger all the time, its forgotten_riku15@yahoo.com

Kenji
Windows messenger= MSN Messenger...albeit stripped off many privileges...
Emily_BrokenAngel

Yeah, I know that n_ņ
I meaned... That song style that I explained before
īcause, in the serie they always play it in russian or only the melody
When Vic sings it, he sings it all and thatīs not the right form (No offense)
He needs "Alīs" voice for sing it happy.gif
Kenji
^ Haha...yup..The 1st time I listen, I thought "Ed thinks all mistakes are done only by him" and "Ed feels sorry to his brother for all the mess he created"~~
Emily_BrokenAngel
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 9 2007, 05:45 AM) [snapback]502835[/snapback]
^ Haha...yup..The 1st time I listen, I thought "Ed thinks all mistakes are done only by him" and "Ed feels sorry to his brother for all the mess he created"~~

Right!! happy.gif
Still wondering if Vic and Alīs voice sing it together once unsure.gif
XD
Chiisana
The english version of "Brother". Vic was the only one who sing... even Al's part. Maybe because Al's english seiyuu can't sing? xD
Emily_BrokenAngel
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Feb 13 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]504698[/snapback]
The english version of "Brother". Vic was the only one who sing... even Al's part. Maybe because Al's english seiyuu can't sing? xD

XD LOL
Could be n_ņ
But still!!! Want both seiyuus singing brothers!! X3
Whaaaaaaaa T^T
Ejem....Yeah...ignore me ŽŽ
Forsaken Love
*sniffle sniffle* I love the russian version of this, it makes me sob and cry my eyes out, lol this music started and que me drowning in tears! I was hoping so much they'd put this into brotherhood T_T it was one of the very few things (in my opinion) that the first anime got right
Eva Hale
I always wondered what that song was about... It always made me sad, but I could never figure out why. It sounds more hopeful than anything unless you know the lyrics ;_;
Heidern
I love the Russian version... helps that I understand the lyrics. I was also quite shocked when I heard it for the first time - ???? Russian song in a Japanese anime ???? - it's partially responsible for hooking me on FMA, actually.

Gotta say that the Russian lyrics are a touch... better at conveying the brothers' guilty feelings and anguish than the English ones... definitely tugs at the heartstrings of even cynics like me.
Red Shrimp
When I heard the song without knowing the lyrics: I almost cried.

When I listened to the song while reading the lyrics: I cried.

I think the song conveyed so much about the Elric Brothers and it did gave a huge impact in the story and the song. It's just so sad..
Rainshine
QUOTE (Red Shrimp @ Jul 13 2009, 02:52 AM) *
When I heard the song without knowing the lyrics: I almost cried.

When I listened to the song while reading the lyrics: I cried.

Same here. It's such a beautiful song. sad.gif
paperstars
Love it. I know this isn't possible, but I really wish they could've used it in the new anime.
Rainshine
QUOTE (paperstars @ Aug 18 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Love it. I know this isn't possible, but I really wish they could've used it in the new anime.

That would have been awesome.
sad.gif
Misty- Nala
I have to admit, this is a beautifu song. Russia is a soft language so it gives it a certain atmosphere.
Yet, as I've watched the whole series numerous times, I'm beginning to think that they used the song a bit too much. There were sung version, piano version, instrumental, violin and wh knows what else. Nowadays, I can barely stand hearing it anymore.
The new anime hasn't had such an affective music score but I think that there is one exception. Trisha's lullaby is pretty much Brotherhood's replacement for Brothers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.