Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock Trivia
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I haven't seen a thread like this one so I decided to make one. This will be like most of the trivia games on the board. I'll start with a question and someone will answer and ask the next question.

We'll start with rock but this thread can include other generes of music as well.

I'll start:

Who is considered the fifth Ramone?
Slashrose1010
Mmm, should this be in general music? Oh well, btw, I have no idea so to stay on topic I will just say something incredibly stupid: Ringo Star laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
No wrong band.

Monte Melnick was the fifth Ramone, he was their tour manager from the time the formed until the time they retured.

Slash you didn't ask a question.
Carnal Malefactor
Who was Iron Maiden's original vocalist?
aytchmadd
ok heres one

what kind of porus(?poris?)rock makes up the majority of south texas bedrock?

ohh not that kind of rock eh well then

what 80's group had a tape titled "goo"?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
@Bacon:

This will be wrong but is it Bruce Dickenson?

@aytchmadd:

80's band? Haven't a clue.

People, answer then ask you're throwing off the rotation. tongue.gif

Question:

What famous rocker had a song called "My guitar wants to kill your mama". A song that was covered by his son in the 80's?
aytchmadd
no idea of the answer but yeah the band is sonic youth
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 18 2005, 06:02 PM)
@Bacon:

This will be wrong but is it Bruce Dickenson?

@aytchmadd:

80's band? Haven't a clue.

People, answer then ask you're throwing off the rotation. tongue.gif

Question:

What famous rocker had a song called "My guitar wants to kill your mama". A song that was covered by his son in the 80's?
[snapback]217510[/snapback]

Nope. Bruce Dickinson was their 4th [and 6th] vocalist.

As for your question, was it Zappa?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yes it's Zappa! Ding, ding we have a winnah!

I never knew Iron Maiden had more than one vocalist.

Next Question:

What famous musician told Jimmy Page that his new band would go over like a "Lead Zeppelin"?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 18 2005, 06:13 PM)
Yes it's Zappa! Ding, ding we have a winnah!

I never knew Iron Maiden had more than one vocalist.

Next Question:

What famous musician told Jimmy Page that his new band would go over like a "Lead Zeppelin"?
[snapback]217521[/snapback]

They've had five

-Paul Day
-Dennis Wilcock
-Paul Di'Anno
-Bruce Dickinson
-Blaze Bayley
-Bruce Dickinson [again]
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jul 18 2005, 07:13 PM)
[snapback]217521[/snapback]

Jim Moreson
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Nope, the correct answer is Keth Moon of The Who. He predicited that Jimmy Page's band after The Yardbirds would fail but we all know how that turned out. biggrin.gif

Somebody else ask I'm running out of questions.
Carnal Malefactor
How old was Phil Lynott when he died?
AlphonseRules
What it the name of the lead singer of Jethro Tull?
Carnal Malefactor
Close, but no.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
@Bacon:

I have no idea.

@Alphonse:

Ian Andersen

Question:

Where was Janis Joplin from?
Carnal Malefactor
How specific an answer do you want?

[I'm cheating like crazy on these]
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Orginally.

I'm trying to go by memory to see how much I remember.
Carnal Malefactor
Texas

Which Nirvana record was produced by Steve Albini?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Guessing,

Nevermind? (the album I'm not giving up)

Oh and Phil Lynott did die at 34 according to the site I found.

Question:
What famous punk rocker stabbed his junkie girlfriend to death in the Chelsea hotel in New York?

This one should be easy.
Slashrose1010
^^ Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols, Bacon's favorite band :3

Awww, all this american rock =/

What was the name of Laruku's (L'Arc~en~Ciel) first drummer?
Fresh_Coffee
I actually know this question. biggrin.gif

Sakura =3

I have no questions...
Carnal Malefactor
It was actually 'In Utero'

How many studio albums did the original Black Sabbath lineup record?

and Lynott was actually 36 when he died.
AlphonseRules
guessing 4
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Slash. The Sex Pistols were from England.

@Bacon:
Nine albums.

Question:

Name the two bands that both have a member named Roger Taylor.
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Jul 19 2005, 12:45 PM)
I actually know this question. biggrin.gif

Sakura =3

I have no questions...

...Ano, actually, their first drummer was Pero tongue.gif He didn't stick around very long though, that is why most people don't know about him. But yes, Sakura was their second drummer for a good 7 years I think.

Since ArufonseRules didn't ask a Q, may I?

What was Ken's (L'arc~en~Ciel) first career choice before Tetsu recruited him into Laruku?

biggrin.gif Sorry, last Laruku question I shall ask tongue.gif

@Mini: '__' I know, erm, but hotels can be rented to anyone... unless you mean that american rock comment laugh.gif Well, they are still pretty popular here, and yes, I did know they were British, my brain just lags sometimes. hehe, was I right? I typed 'stabbed chelsea hotel' into google and it was the first result I think laugh.gif Anyway, sorry, I don't know the answer to your question =/ *is so bad at this...*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
If this is Slash I'm so disapointed in you since one of the bands is your favorite. And yes it was for the American bands comment.

Oh, and would you log in already! tongue.gif
@Mini-chon: Of course this is he tongue.gif *starts beating the crap out of self* God, I was listening to Bicycle Race too XD
AlphonseRules
What band played the song "Fire on High"? Hint= It's an instrumental song(i.e. no singing).
Slashrose1010
@Arufonse: is it the Electric Light Orchestra?

Since no one will get the answer, Ken was planning to be an architect, believe it or not laugh.gif

Here is an easy one: What year was High Speed by Coldplay recorded?
AlphonseRules
@Slash-Yes, that is correct. I don't know the answer to your question.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Who did Bruce Springsteen orginally write Hungry Heart for?
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I dunno his kids?

in the band murderdolls, it has two people from different bands who are they?
GREEDisGOOD
I really don't know but looking it up, they all seem to come from different bands.

What's the name of Led Zeppelin's fourth album?
Mat-Mat
That is easy! Led Zeppelin IV. laugh.gif

Ok, what is the name of the famous musician who died on stage in Pantera? This should be easy...... huh.gif
GREEDisGOOD
QUOTE(MSV14 @ Jan 28 2008, 07:08 PM) *
That is easy! Led Zeppelin IV. laugh.gif

Ok, what is the name of the famous musician who died on stage in Pantera? This should be easy...... huh.gif

Actually buddy, that's answer is incorrect. The fourth Zeppelin has no official title, though everyone calls it Led Zeppelin IV. Besides the names of the songs, there is nothing else written on the album besides four symbols, each which was picked to represent one of the four band members.
Mat-Mat
tongue.gif O.K. My Bad. Thanks for helping me out. But you didn't answer my question. dry.gif Who is the famous musician who died on stage in Pantera? blink.gif
GREEDisGOOD
QUOTE(MSV14 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:08 PM) *
tongue.gif O.K. My Bad. Thanks for helping me out. But you didn't answer my question. dry.gif Who is the famous musician who died on stage in Pantera? blink.gif

Whoops, sorry about that. I'm not a huge fan, but I think it was Darrell Abbott, or am I wrong?

For the next guy, which guartist was the first to break his equipment (i.e. guitar) on stage as part of the show?
Rhynd
QUOTE(GREEDisGOOD @ Feb 19 2008, 11:05 PM) *
For the next guy, which guartist was the first to break his equipment (i.e. guitar) on stage as part of the show?

Hm, this has The Who written all over it, so I have to go with Pete Townshend.

This isn't exactly rock, and may be completely unknown to many of you: What infamous Black Metal vocalist comitted suicide in 1991 by a shotgun blast to the head?
Death Awakens
Per Yngve "Dead" Ohlin??

If that is right, then here is my trivia question:

Which member of what R&B/hip hop girl band burned an Atlanta Falcons football player house down?
Carnal Malefactor
I can't remember her exact name, but I think she was in TLC

laugh.gif
Andre Rison
laugh.gif

What is Necrolord's real name?
Mat-Mat
Whoops, sorry about that. I'm not a huge fan, but I think it was Darrell Abbott, or am I wrong?
happy.gif Yeah, you're right. Sorry about coming on you about that. tongue.gif I'm a metal fan, if you were one, I was hoping that u would get it right. cool.gif

mellow.gif O.k., new question...... Where is the band Seether from? It's not what you would expect, unless you are a fan. sleep.gif

ohmy.gif Oh crap, I forgot to answer Carnal Malefactor's question. huh.gif I'm really not a fan, I really even don't know who they are, but is it Kristian Whlin? huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Way to use google, dickhead. dry.gif
Mat-Mat
Way to use google, dickhead.
dry.gif

angry.gif Hey, I didn't use google. My brother told me. I sleep.gif admit I used Wikipedia to look up the name (I can't spell!!!) Then, I used cut and paste for the name. sad.gif Why do you always have to bag on me?! unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.