Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Nationality/ Heritage
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fayt

Whos asian and which one like for example (not sure if these are right)

Korean
china
japan
Quistis88
I think the question should be: "Who here isn't Asian?"

Moving thread to Spam Central, as this will definitely attract spam. --->
blueices
I have deemed my best friend (who was born in Israel, raised in Hong Kong, and in his third year of Mandarin) an honorary Chinese person laugh.gif

He deems me (the constant Japanese trivia spewing, language taking nut that I am) an honorary Japanese person. happy.gif

[that indeed was spammage] rolleyes.gif
ἀρχή
3/4ths German and the rest somewhere else in Europe. So, I guess I'm not Asian.

There's my contribution to the spam for the thread tongue.gif
Kitty Cat
Pure Asian

Born in Hong Kong, lived in HK for 3 years moved to new zealand when i was 3 and a half, came back last year and speak cantonese and mandarin
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 21 2005, 02:04 PM)

[snapback]118884[/snapback]

wow! i didn't know you got that much german blood runnin' through your venes^^

.....btw...i'm half-german and half-filipino...weeeeeeee^^
Jaganshi
I was born in Taiwan! You should have listed that up there, its the tiny little island beside China. And No, it's not a part of china.

Yay for the independent Taiwan!
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 21 2005, 06:04 AM)

[snapback]118884[/snapback]

Even more reason to love my favorite professor. laugh.gif I love Germans. Hee. I remember having this little crush on the German exchange student back in high school. biggrin.gif He looked like a generic German, too, what with his blond hair and blue eyes. He was so nice and intelligent. *has a nice impression of Germans thus far*

I was born in Hong Kong as well, moved to Canadia at age 7, barely knew English, except for "Hello, how are you?" and "My name is _____." unsure.gif
ἀρχή
Aside from having tons of german blood, half of my family is from the South in the US. I had a couple southern judges as relatives and even one of my relatives wanted to give their land as the confederate white house. Never happened with my relative, but I guess it was one of the pieces of land being considered for the Confederates.

I guess you can say that a lot of my heretage is Elitist sad.gif

Too bad none of the money passed down to me dry.gif

On a happier note, my great, great uncle invented the grips on the basketball for Spaulding and put the cork in the baseball.
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 21 2005, 11:39 AM)

On a happier note, my great, great uncle invented the grips on the basketball for Spaulding and put the cork in the baseball.
[snapback]118970[/snapback]

Well, that money thing really sucks. sad.gif

And when I was still taking gym class, I've always wondered who invented that stuff. laugh.gif Wow.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 21 2005, 01:53 PM)
And when I was still taking gym class, I've always wondered who invented that stuff.  laugh.gif  Wow.
[snapback]118983[/snapback]

Well, that was my great, great uncle who slaved away at Spaulding tongue.gif

He invented other sports things too. His name was Robert Reach - I'll have to see if I can find the article again sometime about him and all the things he invented or had a hand in inventing.
ed's secret agent
Back on topic.... Part chinese, half mexican, half philipino right here.
Kinda wierd... Born in the US. Democrap. laugh.gif
Slashrose1010
I am 100 and 1/2% Veitnamese. I hate being only one nationality dry.gif
sumflip
Well, I like to consider myself asian...but I'm half Filipino and half white...people say the Philippines is "pacific islander"...but it's part of Asia right? So wouldn't that be considered Asian o.O?
mei_tenshi
Mei's 100% Chinese. She thinks. Her family history (the part the she knows, at least) doesn't go that far. Her great-grandparents lived in China, moved to Vietnam for business, grand-parents and parents were born in Vietnam, parents stopped by Hong Kong for 'bout a year before moving to the US, and then mei was born.
Ailuro
No Asian in me. I'm French, Danish, Polish, Turkish; My main four. Traces of Italian, Irish, Native American, and just found out I'm also German this morning. And my other older relatives don't even know what they are. I could have anything. >_>
blueices
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 21 2005, 01:39 PM)
Aside from having tons of german blood, half of my family is from the South in the US. I had a couple southern judges as relatives and even one of my relatives wanted to give their land as the confederate white house. Never happened with my relative, but I guess it was one of the pieces of land being considered for the Confederates.

I guess you can say that a lot of my heretage is Elitist sad.gif

[snapback]118970[/snapback]

blink.gif

I wish I knew my family history from before the 20th century (random or otherwise) laugh.gif
Goldfish
I think the question here should be, "Who ISN'T an Asian anywhere?"
blueices
blink.gif Deshi, Arche, and myself at the very least... happy.gif

What of you goldfish? Which country were you manufactured in? laugh.gif
Goldfish
Oh a little from Taiwan, a little from China, a litte bit from Japan. Did you know my buttery goodness was hand-churned in Chile? dry.gif

I believe I am mostly Dutch and German. Born in Canada of course. I think my Grandma and Grandpa on my father's side might have moved from germany or Holland earlier on. My dad and his side are Mennonite after all.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 21 2005, 12:47 PM)
[snapback]119001[/snapback]

Same here although I'm often mistaken for being chinese often people get what my nationality is on the 10th try or don't even get it at all dry.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I'm Caucasian. Literally. I was born in a city just south of the Caucasus Mountains.
Fresh_Coffee
What,no bacon: I just notice your sig , nice one!
Carnal Malefactor
uhm... in case there's any confusion, I was not born in Uruguay.

I was born here:
IPB Image
Falling_Man
I believe half pinoy (Phillipines), quarter Chinese, and quarter Spanish. (darn it)

So yeah, I guess I count as one. happy.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 21 2005, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 21 2005, 12:47 PM)
[snapback]119001[/snapback]

Same here although I'm often mistaken for being chinese often people get what my nationality is on the 10th try or don't even get it at all dry.gif

dry.gif I hate it when people come out of nowhere and go, "Derrh, are you Chinese? Japanese, Korean?? Those are the only Asian countries I know, so which one?" They are like slack jawed yokals. I never see anyone ask any hispanic people, "Are you Mexican, Brazilian, etc." It's only with Asian people >_<

My kids are going to be mixed though, that's a garuntee. happy.gif
eerabbit
all chinese/taiwanese i dont know which..how boring _ _,, was born in cali..equally boring _ _,, sigh*
Falling_Man
I know there are a few others posting around here. Wonder if they'll come here...?

And I also think there was another thread like this, only more extreme. Something like 'Asian Pride' or something.
xrninja
QUOTE(eerabbit @ Feb 21 2005, 07:08 PM)
all chinese/taiwanese i dont know which..how boring _ _,, was born in cali..equally boring _ _,, sigh*
[snapback]119253[/snapback]

ditto. chinese, born in california, speak mandarin and some japanese. i think i'm 100% chinese, but my grandpa's side lived in china and japan, so maybe there's something else in my blood as well. no use asking my grandpa since he doesn't remember a whole lot other than his morning tee-off times and.....yeah.

not sure about the taiwanese part, but i don't really see a difference between the nationalities chinese and taiwanese. my parents were both born in taiwan and lived there and can speak mandarin, taiwanese, and another dialect, but they consider themselves chinese and not taiwanese. i'm not too aware of the differences or the political situation, but from what i see, taiwanese is just another dialect of chinese and taiwanese wouldn't really be a nationality in the same way that people from my mom's area (who speak a different dialect) aren't their own nationality. but then again, i'm very ignorant of the differences and politics involved. wacko.gif
edsgirl
I honestly think that i'm adopted! I look Asian, but no one else in my family looks like me, and I don't really embrace my culture the way the rest of my family does. I'm not even allowed on my mother's reservation anymore. I think I'm going to start do some digging on my family background!
gundamjcr
unfortunately im not why wasnt i born adian why!!!!!!!!!!
Quistis88
Fortunately for you, no one can be "adian".

Unfortunately for you, "adian" is not dictionatical.
Bling_bling_Angel
Boku ga firipin-jin da you... happy.gif

Yeah, I'm Asian... rolleyes.gif

My grandma says I look more like I'm American Indian than Asian, though... XD!
Sycia
There are a lot more Asian countries than just Korean, China & Japan... o____O

I'm 80% Asian, 20% European (got mixed in my bloodline waaaay back). ^_^ Proud to say that 80% of me that's Asian consists of blood from over 5 seperate countries in Asia. :D I'm a mongrel weee~
yukiroche
I'm 1/2 japanese and my other side is American indian. yea.... except I'm not really proud of my american indian dad since I've never seen him before and he wasn't that great of a father i think. I don't know what happened to him but my stepdad is Irish hehe and he's nice!
Thievesvinegar
Careful about the taiwanese and chinese. They think there is a difference, but they're all the same power-hungry pricks.

I wonder how tolerant the chinese are to the japs.
Bling_bling_Angel
^ XD
Sycia
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Mar 11 2005, 04:33 PM)
Careful about the taiwanese and chinese. They think there is a difference, but they're all the same power-hungry pricks.

I wonder how tolerant the chinese are to the japs.
[snapback]130382[/snapback]

LoL, some young Taiwanese and mainland Chinese get along fine... of course they avoid political topics and all...

I believe the older generation of Chinese still hold a grudge against the Japanese for what happened in WW2, but that's slowly changing with the younger generation getting Japanese influence and all... (Though I've heard of some older generations forcing their grandchildren to 'hate' the Japs).
Quistis88
My grandparents hate the "Japs" and it's just funny the way they refer to them as such when the subject arises.
Yea, my father (who is old enough to be my grandfather) hates the Japs because of WWII. But he also hates whites and Mexicans.
Mike
I'm probably the only one who's Australian ( I think theres a bit of italian in there to)
Blackwings
Yeh im Korean i live in New Zealand at the moment though
Kinbari-chan
I'm half Taiwanese and half white! My mom was born in Taiwan and met my dad here in the U.S. when she came to graduate school. So there you go...I can say that I'm half asian!! smile.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Kinbari-chan @ Mar 11 2005, 03:16 PM)
I'm half Taiwanese and half white! My mom was born in Taiwan and met my dad here in the U.S. when she came to graduate school. So there you go...I can say that I'm half asian!!  smile.gif
[snapback]130624[/snapback]

i'd really like to see your pic, kinbari-chan^^
Chibi-Usa
*sighs* I don't have a bit of asian in me. But i still want to go to japan!
yukiroche
My mom was born in japan and lived there for 18 years. Unfortunantly, I was born in america because my mom decided to go to america... DAMN IT!
~FMAgurl~
I don't think can pass for Asian, but there is tiny little bit of me that is...because my great-grandfather was from China...but that's as much as I know. Other than that i was born in America dry.gif
Quistis88
All Look Same

laugh.gif See how you do on the test.
mei_tenshi
I only got three right. I guess I'm pretty indiscriminate.
hitokiri
i guess this was one of those threads i missed in my absence, so here goes:

100% chinese, with family records that go back over 30 generations. my family, on my father's side, was one of the most dominant family's in the an hwei for over 12 generations before the communists. we were primarily military men that were also doctors and politicians. our 19 generations of military service ended at my grandfathers generation, when we were forced to flee to taiwan and my grandfather died of a disease contracted when the allies forced the chinese to fight in india. the family fortune was lost and my grandmother, a woman born to privledge that never worked a day in her life, was left penniless and with 11 children. after that there came a new rule in the chen family, anyone who joins the military gets disowned.

my mother's side are of one of the first families that went to taiwan from fu jian. they were primarily landowners and businessmen. there really aren't any interesting stories on this side of the family, except maybe the fact that most of downtown taipei was owned by her side of family at one point or another.

i personally was born in taipei, taiwan and came to the us at the age of 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.