Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are Old Games Still Fun?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DarkBlade_Alchemist
Does anybody still play games from like 2000 or stuff like that, cus i still do. Even though some of the games graphics are old and outdated to me some of them are still cool. 1 of my favorite games from the past is Dark Cloud. Why dont some of you tell me some of your favorite old games?

ph34r.gif, Just Like A Sneaky Ninja
foolmetal alchemist
This should again not be in the fan fiction section. dry.gif
Omakase Shimasu
mellow.gif Moving to General Games section?
DonnaDelDrago
I love old PC games. Really old advetures, like Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle. I also like some of the simple games like Boloball.
There are also a few old Playstation games I like- Spyro for example.
I really want to play these again if I have time ...

... 'games from like 2000 or stuff like that' doesn't sound that old to me.
mongooseboi
i still play ff7, and thats like from 1998. it holds a special place in my heart :] other than that, i play my super nintendo games not because they are that fun. but because its the only game system i have >.<
Slashrose1010
....How... This was posted in FanFic originally? XD

Aherm... Of course. Heck, I prefer a lot of old games compared to some of the new crap (and I do mean crap). I still play Xenogears and Metal Gear Solid for PS. I have also beaten FF7 likie twice... I have beaten FFX like twice as well, though it isn't that old tongue.gif nor am I too fond of it blink.gif Anyway, I would be more than willing to shuck out $110 for a SNES in mint condition... with warranty hopefully wink.gif I love so many games on that system :3 especially the Marvel realted games. Sega also had some X-Men games etc, right? Also, what is that game with the Red and Blue guy going around killing giant bosses and swarms of aliens? Was that Contra? I love that game :3
Quistis88
Of course old games are fun. After all, they do have that nostalgic feel to them. I enjoy playing old games. Kind of how I like the first TheSims as opposed to the most recent and more 3D versions.
animejunkie429800
I play old games such as Super Mario Bros. the first one.

FACT: Did you know that NES is considered an antique on ebay?
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jul 16 2005, 05:48 PM)
i still play ff7, and thats like from 1998. it holds a special place in my heart :] other than that, i play my super nintendo games not because they are that fun. but because its the only game system i have >.<
[snapback]215601[/snapback]

Ha, I just recently started playing FF7 for the first time. You can still buy it new at almost any wal-mart or game store. I love to play the old zelda games for NES and SNES. I like to play all the old NES games that me and my brother used to play cause it brings back a lot of good memories. smile.gif To answer the question, yes, old games are still fun.
Kamon
Any old Zelda game(Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time are fun.)
Latina Nina
hmm old games eh? well i still like the very first spyro games and the first super smash brothers! aweseom games ^^
Zarpia
Yeah, Old games are always fun,even from before 2000, i have the zelda and mario games for the GBA, and still play them to this day^^
AlphonseRules
A few days ago my brother got out our Super Nintendo and started playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario World. I think that Link to the Past is in the top 3 of all Zelda games.
Koori
Love older games! Probably part of being an ‘older’ gamer. Still plenty of Play Station 1 games I haven’t played probably for being below the poverty line when they first came out. Working on FF IX atm. Then there are the original Zelda games … though working on #1 is no fun with the husband in the same room. He has the game memorized he could do it in his sleep, in record time, and without dying so it kind of frustrates him when I play it and die … a lot. I agree that older games are still fun if only for the memories they brings back! ~ K
Slashrose1010
I was looking through eBay for SNES systems and of course Contra3... I so wanted to buy them... but I have no means to pay for them =__= I demand Nintendo re-release their classic systems and stop with this GameCube crap. Sega also needs to mint som more Sega Genesis systems. I would prefer they kept the old look though for obvious reasons. Does anyone else remember the game where you are that booger slinging guy? That game was great biggrin.gif Also, there was this one RPG for SNES that if I had today I would still be playing... if only I could remember the name.. it was real time sort of and 2 player ^^ My brother and I kicked major monster ass in that game. (though we got stuck on this one level and had to return it to my friend =/)
GS4Life
Whoa 2000 old? There are stil people playing Sonic, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Star Fox games from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when.
The Man Who Laughed
Splatterhouse 3-1993~Best Platform game ever on Sega Genesis

Aliens vs Predator Arcade-1994 best arcade game ever
StrawberryShampoo
I still play a game called Breath of Fire III (it was on the playstation) from 1997 and a really old game called Arcana (from the SNES) that was made in 1994 (i think)
DameGreyWulf
I love Tetris
If you don't think Tetris is fun, there's something wrong with you
Laffe
yeah, ofcorse its fun.
DameGreyWulf
I wish I could find a PC or PS2 version that isn't all 3D or tech'd-out..
I like the old one for Super Nintendo..
StrawberryShampoo
OMG! I completely forgot about tetris(Don't ask me how)! I play it all the time on my mom's cell phone! (Mine doesn't have games)
DameGreyWulf
So you've got a cellphone as well? lol, seems everyone has one but me. But I never had much use for phones anyway, so it's not on my Xmas list
Is it like old Tetris or is it all tech'd-out?
StrawberryShampoo
It's like old Tetris... I'm not much of a fan of the newer ones. BTW I don't use my cell that much. It's just there for emergencies.
DameGreyWulf
Good point. But my mom let's me borrow if that's the case.
I'm not much of a fan of the newer ones

High five? biggrin.gif
StrawberryShampoo
HIGH FIVE!!!
DameGreyWulf
Woot! *high fives*
Ronaldo Rodregez
Damn kids with their graphics and realism. I still play Genesis, Game Gear, and NES.
Sirya
old games still fun? oh yeah! smile.gif
but games from 2000 aint' old wink.gif

I sometimes dust of my Commadore 64, and play the old games there like Giana's Sisters, H.E.R.O, Miner 2049, Save New York and etc tongue.gif
DameGreyWulf
Must be really old, because I've never heard of any of those XD
BTW: Who's that in your avatar? What anime?
StrawberryShampoo
IMO the older games are the best.... the graphics weren't that good but the stories and plots were so much better.... nowadays it seems like all people care about is graphics...
DameGreyWulf
I think graphics count, but if it's got a horrible plot or stuff like that, then there's no point in playing it
The RZA
i still like to play PacMan from time to time
Laffe
yeah, i love pacman to! oh yeah smile.gif
Lyndsie_Elric
I think they're still fun! ^-^ Hell, I still play my grandma's old Atari 2600! I <3 Pong! Tehe
DameGreyWulf
Pong's kinda fun..
I used to love to play Pacman, and I still love Sonic
Sega was one of my fav gaming systems
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Aug 1 2005, 04:24 PM)
Pong's kinda fun..
[snapback]236908[/snapback]

Sega's a company. Genesis is a system. =P
Sirya
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Aug 1 2005, 12:35 AM)
Must be really old, because I've never heard of any of those XD
BTW: Who's that in your avatar? What anime?
[snapback]234865[/snapback]

hm.. not any "old" people around here? wink.gif

we're speaking games before Nintendo tongue.gif
here's a pic: Commadore 64
and the cassette tape which is required for a loading a game: cassette tape

and here's a pic form Giana Sisters: Giana Sisters
should I add the games itself takes around 5 min to load before able to play them tongue.gif

and the avatar I have is from Bleach
zombie
what about dos games
Scar-San
OF course old games are still cool!!! Speedball, SuperFrog,Kick Off2, Sensible Soccer, WORMS,Larry, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2, Formula 1 Grand prix,Ailen Breed and many of them are CRAZY games!!!

AMIGA RULESS!!! biggrin.gif
MiyokoChan
SNES is my favorite gaming system of all time, and I still play it. Earthbound is just about my favorite game ever. happy.gif I love old comp. games too, especially old Adventure games. *starts feeling a bit old...*
Kooy
pfft your not hte only one without a cellphone and i really don't one it's a waste of money and i still play most of my old game even though i sold some that i didn't seem to paly anymore so i jsut got some money out of that i still play the old Metal Gear Solids and a still play all ym final fantasy games. And i have an emuator for SNES so i play Mario alot and the old old Final Fantasy. I also play CastleVania on it too. THere is a lot of games i still play that were on Sega and Nintendo 64. Like Harvestmoon 64 OMG that was one of the best games i ever played and i also played Winback which was a lot of fun multiplaying with friends and the old Goldeneye for 64.
DonnaDelDrago
QUOTE(MiyokoChan @ Aug 19 2005, 05:43 AM)
I love old comp. games too, especially old Adventure games. *starts feeling a bit old...*
[snapback]255659[/snapback]

It's so sad that no company seems to be interested to make a good adventure game nowadays...
That's why some of my favorite games are still DOS-games.
*feels a bit old too...*
GS4Life
Sonic 3 & Knuckles rocks and is better than Sonic Heros and Mario Sunshine Imo.
Super Metroid is always fun.
There is a snes Jurassic Park adventure game that only flaw is you can't save making the game near impossible to beat. The music in it isn't even from the movies but is still pretty good.
Sonic 2 is the 4th or 5th best Sonic game next to Adventures 1&2, 3&K, and mabey heros outta the ones I've played.
Mario is good too.
Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are some of my favorite games ad therefor the N64.

So um yeah pie. Pie's the answer. Pie is the answer to all things.
MJHermi
"Are old games still fun?" -> Yes, they still are. biggrin.gif

Sometimes the most simple games in terms of both graphics and controls offer the most amount of enjoyment.

The old Mario games (especially Mario 3) are still quite addicting. I'd probably still enjoy Twinbee if I ever see it again. Does anybody remember Ice Climber? Hehe... those stupid penguins...
StrawberryShampoo
@MiyokoChan--Yes yes I agree Snes was a great system.... I still love to play The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past, Super Metriod, Arcana, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, and Super Mario Bros.
shogunskey
Yes, the original Mario Bros. (see sig) is very fun as is the old Zelda games
Heartless_Soldier
QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Aug 1 2005, 04:40 PM) [snapback]237040[/snapback]

QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Aug 1 2005, 04:24 PM)
Pong's kinda fun..
[snapback]236908[/snapback]

Sega's a company. Genesis is a system. =P

laugh.gif Sega was the best. All the sonic games still rule !!!!!!!!!
Gato Gurl914
i just bought an SNES. fun stuff. i also still play FFVII.
phoenix dying
Super Mario World 3 was my first video game...I still rember that i could never could beat the star map. You needed a blue yoshie to fly and something else but I could never get it done.

IPB Image

The place you warp to when you get to the middle star. I got to the second stage....and failed thereafter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.