Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ramones
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
JudasPriest1
I love those bands!They were some of the early punk rock bands!I can relate to some of their songs. Like one time me and my friends started singing I wanna be sedated because that's how we felt that that day.
foolmetal alchemist
For once, you seem to have shown a good taste in music. happy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Good band... nothing I listen to often, but waaaay better than those godawful Sex Pistols.
Slashrose1010
^lol, I know someone who always wears Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd T's

The Ramones are pretty good. I like I Wanna Be Sedated too :3 I also like some other songs by them. I am not a hardcore fan or anything, but I listen to them fairly often.
JudasPriest1
Well I don't know where Sex Pistols came from but I don't like them very much.And at least you agree on some music.Sex pistols suck!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
TeeHee,

I had thought about making a Ramones thread.

I love the Ramones they are brilliant. Most people don't reconize it because they are the kings of the three chord songs but they were brilliant in their simplicity. Truely legendary and never fully got the recognition they deserved. Although some might argue that because bands that won mainstream sucess such as Green Day and Metallica name them as influences.

I like the Sex Pistols too, they were the punk rock Monkees.
JudasPriest1
You know I thank Metallica because if they weren't such ass heads Dave wouldn't have left and fromed Megadeth. Thank you Metallica and keep on sucking ass because you sold out. laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I hate them because when all the music downloading was going on in the mid 90's they sued their fans for downloading their music.

You don't sue your fans! I knew a few people who stopped listening to them after that.
Slashrose1010
laugh.gif I would have expected you to make this thread, Mini-chon (if you don't mind me using -chon XP)

Anyways, I never really like Metallica anyways dry.gif and yeah, that was stupid what they did about music DLs.

You don't think they get enough rocognition? I dunno, I have some people who like obsess over them at my school, and also have heard that people in Cafe-chon's school do so as well. They are good in their simplicity but sometimes their songs sound a lil alike tongue.gif I do think that the Ramones had influenced and paved some way for Green Day etc.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
That's mini-sama to you Slash. Or even better Envy-sama! tongue.gif

Really? There's people at your school who obsess over the Ramones? huh.gif I'm suprised. Only the punks I hung out with back in HS listened to the Ramones but "punk" wasn't as big in the 80's as it is now it was still underground.

Well, at least young people today have some taste in music.
Slashrose1010
Actually, you repeated -sama twice so should I call you -senpai? :3

Yes, and about that fan-suing business... well, I don't think Metallica considers people who 'borough' their music fans wink.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I don't think that counts because I didn't write Envy-sama-sama. laugh.gif

Do you mean borrow? Still not eveyone can shell out $15+ for a CD especially teenages who rely on their parents for money to buy such thing. When I was a teen I used to tape songs off the radio because I couldn't afford to buy alot of music and as far as I'm consierned it's the same thing.

However it's not ok to download a CD then turn around and sell it at the flea market.
Slashrose1010
Agreed, and yes, sorry, my spelling is attrocious (sp? XD) sometimes...

Hehe, I think that was pretty common for awhile, taping songs I mean. 15 Bucks? Maybe in your olden times tongue.gif but I hate buying CDs. They are like 17-18 yen dollars on average, around here at least. Luckilly, my Platinum Queen Collection was only like 33 bucks for 3 discs and 51 songs tongue.gif Aherm, BUT, next Saturday, I plan to go to Best Buy and buying a Coldplay CD, preferably A Rush of Blood the the Head :3

(Yes, I did notice I used about 500 commas in that one post)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Why back in my day, the music gods created these big, round disks called records that you could play on this magical device called a turntable and they ran about $7-9. Oh, and we had cassetts too.

I actually haven't bought a CD in quite a while except for imports and they are more than $17-18. I usually download off my music service and that will run $9.95 per album to download and burn.

Back on topic:
Ramones Rule! tongue.gif
JudasPriest1
Okay what the hell are you people talking about! blink.gif But thank you for geting back On topic.YAY RAMONES!!!!!XD!!!
Slashrose1010
Was our conversation about how people used to record off the radio with cassettes really that confusing?

And yes, Ramones rock. In fact, I am coincidentally listening to have You Ever Seen The Rain.

Why is it spelled Pet Sematary? blink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
...because that's how Stephen King spells the title of his book?
Slashrose1010
...You see, I would have known that if I had actually bought and read the book a year ago when I planned on reading up on Stephen King (I was in a horror mood) but I was strapped for cash. Hehe, a little off topic, but does anyone know why King chose to horribly mispell it?
JudasPriest1
Why do ya'll keep going on topic. Stop talking about stephen king besides Terry Pratchet is better. And If I come back one more time and ya'll are talking about pie or somthing else that is clearly and totally irrelevent I'm gonna confuse the hell outa' ya'll! mad.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Stephen King is revelent to The Ramones because they did the theme song for the movie based on his book, which was Pet Semetary.
JudasPriest1
Oh... never mind then. tongue.gif
edward_elric_240989
i love blitzkrieg bop and let's dance
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Hey this thread is back! biggrin.gif

Viva la Ramones!!! laugh.gif
asunder
eh(A?) oh ...let's go!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
That's
Hey-Ho Let's Go! biggrin.gif
asunder
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Jun 7 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]407911[/snapback]

That's
Hey-Ho Let's Go! biggrin.gif

hehe yeah >_> good old' childhood.....

i have an mp3 for when they sing happy birthday to Mr Burns in the Simpsons...
anyone interested?
Slashrose1010
I should get back into that Ramones kick I was in a few months ago. I haven't tried all of their stuff, yet. I have been busy trying a lot of other bands while balancing work and stuff. I should bum stuff off my friend, but I don't think he will since it is the end of the year and I won't see him till Sept, lol.

The point being, the Ramones are le sex.
asunder
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Jun 7 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]407914[/snapback]

The point being, the Ramones are le sex.

Guess you haven't seen Joey Ramone's face biggrin.gif
Halford
The Ramones kick MAJOR ass!
Vash_the_Gunslinger
The Ramones rock. I love "My Sharona", "I Wanna be Sedated", and "Bonzo goes to Bitburg". I alos like that blitzrieg bop song. I don't know if I spelt it wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.