Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Crybaby! Thread For Anti-Ed FMA Fans
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Haldir of Lorien
I hate edward.he is sucha SHORT tempered Jerk.Whats wrong with letting Al keep the cat? Why does he make a big deal of being short! If you ask me he is such a BABY for a 15 year old! In fact,I hate Ed so much I am changing my user name to ED HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chiyo
Why yes...what a valid arguement...let Al keep that cat as they go travelling around the country on dangerous missions. Don't leave it to a stable home where it will always get attention.

And why did they give him a temper? Why couldn't he be mild mannered and sensible?

dry.gif humph, some people.
Gas
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Feb 14 2005, 05:33 PM)
I hate edward.he is sucha SHORT tempered Jerk.Whats wrong  with letting Al keep the cat? Why does he make a big deal of being short! If you ask me he is such a BABY for a 15 year old! In fact,I hate Ed so much I am changing my user name to ED HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]113775[/snapback]

This coming from you.
Quistis88
Wow. This thread will sure go over well with the rabid!fangirls.
Fresh_Coffee
There will be a lot of flaming. A LOT beware.
Merc
Uh-oh, beware the wrath of Winry's wrench! XD And the other fangirls as well.

Do keep in mind, by the way, the Ed's hit that age where all teens are rebellious and (can be) total jerks. Our widdle Ed is growing up! *Tear*

~Merc
Tobu Ishi
Troll. smile.gif Definitely a troll. Probably a troll mocking all the other "hate" threads around here.
Why the hate? Hate wastes energy. When I don't like something/someone, I prefer to "not care."
Merc
Why the hate? Because hate spelled backwards is etah, which is the name of an abandoned village in northwest Greenland, that's why! XD

~Merc

PS - I'm not kidding, if you type in etah into Google, you'll get directions to its location. LOL
Panzer Dragoon
Actually, I hate Ed alittle. I mean, he gets too much attention from the other FMA characters and the fangirls. *Sees millions of angry fangirls* Please don't hurt me... OwO;
konic vince
wow, after seeing one episode and calling ed a jerk...haha this thread will contain a lot of flaming, and probably be locked afterwards...

by the way, ed's personality is what mkes him who he is. If he was some goody goody who always followed the rules, told the truth, and was nice to everybody he met, it would not make an ounce of sense, be very boring, and oh yeah: BE A CLICHE

all because you're a protaganist doesn't mean you're also a perfect human being, and Ed even proves it by saying he's only human
~FMAgurl~
*Gasps!* Is it possible that someone can actually hate Ed?!?!? *Twitches at thought* Shame on you!! How can you hate someone who lost his mother, his brother's body, and his arm and leg as well?! mad.gif I assume that you haven't watched the entire series, because if you did, you wouldn't dare hate Ed. Beware... I'm not the only angry fangirl here.
xrninja
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Feb 14 2005, 04:33 PM)
I hate edward.he is sucha SHORT tempered Jerk.Whats wrong  with letting Al keep the cat? Why does he make a big deal of being short! If you ask me he is such a BABY for a 15 year old! In fact,I hate Ed so much I am changing my user name to ED HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feel free to dislike ed, but at least have valid reasons for doing so. so what if ed has a short temper; you seem to as well. he was looking out for the welfare of a kitten and suddenly he's showered with hate? like vince said, ed's not perfect, and the ruckus he makes about his height is a funny and harmless part of his personality. and i think he's doing fine for someone in his situation; if i tried to resurrect my dead mother and lost my limbs and my brother's body in the process, i'd probably be curled up in the fetal position somewhere.
konic vince
QUOTE(xrninja @ Feb 14 2005, 09:26 PM)
if i tried to resurrect my dead mother and lost my limbs and my brother's body in the process, i'd probably be curled up in the fetal position somewhere.
[snapback]113990[/snapback]

lol I'd probably be even more screwed up than that...probably dead
ἀρχή
If this is like the wrath haters club, there doesn't need to be a reason to hate ed.

I don't like Ed for the sole reason there are Ed fangirls. I want fangirls dry.gif
blueices
I think arche already has his fangirls (or did you mean hughes?) laugh.gif
konic vince
this may actually turn out to be interesting... ph34r.gif the flame tanks haven't arrived yet thankfully
Kast
Try as I might, I can't seem to fault Ed for the cat situation. Anyways, after you have seen the rest of the series I'm pretty sure you'll realize how much Ed cares for other people.
Fullmetal Fangirl
I hate Ed, that little **** ........
I can't beleive people can think he's hott...
He needs to grow and think about others and think about how he's not the only one with problems on this planet...
Chiyo
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Feb 15 2005, 06:26 AM)
I hate Ed, that little **** ........
I can't beleive people can think he's hott...
He needs to grow and think about others and think about how he's not the only one with problems on this planet...
[snapback]114051[/snapback]

Hmm, shall we ignore the fact he is on this journey to return Al's body to him?
ἀρχή
QUOTE(blueices @ Feb 14 2005, 11:44 PM)
I think arche already has his fangirls (or did you mean hughes?) laugh.gif
[snapback]114008[/snapback]

I mean me biggrin.gif

I guess I'll have to draw myself into an anime character and take the lead role in some anime.

I will say that a little Ed hate never hurt anyone. Most of what's here is pretty balanced, but there are some who are way over the top about Ed and actually don't see his faults. But, his faults do make his character decent (unlike wrath's faults, which just suck laugh.gif)
Chibi-Usa
An Ed hater? But he's so cute....
Ryuu

Grr.. *SLAP*
biggrin.gif Now I feel better. tongue.gif
Chiyo
Here comes the violence ('bout bloody time).
LoMXD
HOW COULD YOU HATE ED!!! HE KNOWS HE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THE CAT!!!!!! AND HEY I BET YOU HAVE AN EGO TO HALIDIR!! FEEL THE WRATH OF MY EDWARD OBSESSION!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Haldir of Lorien
Well I hate ed for my own reasons and I don't care how many people chew me out for it either.
Des

Dude, are you for real? O.o Or are you here for the reaction? Good god!

I will admit, Edward-san can be a jerk at times. But hell, with all the shit he's had to put up with, I'd have a temper too! Edward has actually proved on several accounts that he's mature as an adult. But the thing is, he IS still a kid. He's allowed to be immature and act like a baby once in a while - and frankly, I usually find it cute. =D

If you were paying attention at all, you'd make note that Ed was concerned for the cat's wellbeing by not letting Al have him. -- They can't properly take care of it.

... And as for the shortness spazzes?

Bugger OFF. They're FUNNY.

...AndEd'snotshort. >.>
Haldir of Lorien
I don't even care if I even get chewed out by my own sister.........LEGOLAS OF MIRKWOOD!!!

well now that you ll put it that way,I guess I was hateing Ed for the wrong reasons.I f it is possible,forgivness??
Des
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Feb 15 2005, 07:36 AM)
I don't even care  if I even get chewed out by my own sister.........LEGOLAS OF MIRKWOOD!!!
[snapback]114226[/snapback]

Oho, so you're in it for the reaction and to piss off your sister?

Buttmunch. >>

... I just felt like saying that. Hee.

well now that you ll put it that way,I guess I was hateing Ed for the wrong reasons.I f it is possible,forgivness??

Forgiveness, da yo! =3

So you don't get excommunicated from the fandom or something. XDDD

Oh by the way?

In ep 13, he's still 12 years old. Eps 3-13 are all one giant flashback. XD
Chiyo
He turns 16 at some point
Kou the Lightning Alchemist
I dun hate ed, but i dun like him either...though i like the alchemy -.- damn you edward elric.

none of my posts seem to stay dry.gif

I can see one!! yay!
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(Merc @ Feb 14 2005, 09:16 PM)
Why the hate? Because hate spelled backwards is etah, which is the name of an abandoned village in northwest Greenland, that's why! XD
[snapback]113977[/snapback]

I'm I the only one who finds that hysterical? XD
Kou the Lightning Alchemist
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Feb 15 2005, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE(Merc @ Feb 14 2005, 09:16 PM)
[snapback]113977[/snapback]

I'm I the only one who finds that hysterical? XD
[snapback]114462[/snapback]

OMFG i dun understand myself anymore >.> <.< *cries* j/k haha I love ed... non-gayly... i lied in meh post tongue.gif
~FMAgurl~
You tripple posted, Kou the Lightning Alchemist. I'm just warning you now because the Mods don't like it when you most more than once in a row. Just a friendly reminder smile.gif
Stained_Wings
i like ed. of the few protagonists of action animes i've seen (i don't watch too much action stuff happy.gif;;) ed is the most likable. he seems the most human of all of them. mostly i'm talking about how when scar first found him (manga) he actually was afraid for his life. the action animes i've seen (Cowboy Bebop, for one) if the protagonist dies/is dying/is in a life threatening situation, they are too-too cool about it. like, spike was all "bang, i'm dying with dignified coolness".
Username05
Ed could be a lot cooler than the midget he is. They could have made Ed look like Scar, accepte... well... without the scar...
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Username05 @ Feb 15 2005, 04:03 PM)
Ed could be a lot cooler than the midget he is. They could have made Ed look like Scar, accepte... well... without the scar...
[snapback]114513[/snapback]

No way! Ed is fine just the way he is...a short tempered midget. That's what puts a little humor in the series. biggrin.gif Other than that, it would be all serious. dry.gif
Chiyo
he he he yea.

I love the fact he doesn't have faith in himself, it makes him seem more human. None of this...'I'm great at everything'.
konic vince
QUOTE(Des @ Feb 15 2005, 07:41 AM)

Forgiveness, da yo! =3

So you don't get excommunicated from the fandom or something. XDDD

Oh by the way?

In ep 13, he's still 12 years old. Eps 3-13 are all one giant flashback. XD
[snapback]114232[/snapback]

Erm...some clarification...Ed is fifteen in eps 1 and 2, then goes back in time to how he became a state alchemist up til the end of episode 9. People, if you really are not smart enough to figure that out when it says "Three years later, Older borther 15 younger brother 14" then you're beyond all hope...in episode thirteen with the cat he is fifteen
AA battery
Cool, you see the reason why u shouldn't hate Ed biggrin.gif I am glad that this topic didn't turn into a battlefield XD
Haldir of Lorien
what I don't get I don't no matter how many times sis explains is .... why does Ed chande his hair color, I know there is a topic for this already but I is still confussed....... huh.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Feb 17 2005, 04:45 PM)
what I don't get I don't  no matter how many times sis explains is .... why does Ed chande his hair color, I know  there is a topic for this already but I is still confussed....... huh.gif
[snapback]116303[/snapback]

because... well, he needed to disguise himself from being caught from the military right? Edward Elric was famous since he was like 12, so most people know that he got golden hair + eyes so if he blackens it, people would less likely suspect him...
kitsune911
i like ed as a character overall but i thought it was kinda selfish of him to try and transmute his mother even though everyone who loved him told him not to. even al expressed that he thought it might be a bad idea but ed didnt listen and said adults were only mad cause they couldnt do it themselves. it was kinda unfair for al to lose his whole body when the whole thing was mostly ed's fault. maybe the stronger your will is, he less of u can be taken into the gate. though after that he redeems himself by being unselfish and an overall interesting character.
Riza Babe

Well it seems you haven't seen all the fma eps. If you watched the last ep you will acturally like ed for what he had done for his little brother... You will acturally feel sorry for Ed for what he did for his own little brother... and all the trouble they gone through with there mom. So Thats why ed didn't want Al to keep the cat because they had better things to do than take care of a cat.... and why hes Short temperered it's because everyone makes fun of his hieght so what else is he suppose to do? Just leave it and always make fun of him?... And everyone knows that im a big Ed Fan that im adding you too my hate list Right next to roze... biggrin.gif But still Ed and al have alot of things in there minds trying to find there dreams.....

~From ED FANGIRL biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oopies lol sorry about that biggrin.gif
AA battery
Riza Babe: dear, Haldir of Lorien ALREADY apologized for misunderstanding Ed and hating him for the wrong reasons. I see that you have achieved 1511 posts but perhaps, before posting so much, you would read the whole topic and post something that's actually useful?

kitsune911: gotta think in Ed's shoes for that part... he was only 10, remember? and Al approved the human transmutation too... (altho it's true that if Ed didn't mention it Al probably won't do it)
Riza Babe
oh poo lol I hate read so many posts ><!! biggrin.gif
AA battery
Riza Babe: oh come on, two pages of post is nothing. I would read even up to 8 pages of posts. You are just a flooder. (sorry for sounding so rough, but I got used to it since I am a moderator for another forum)
Riza Babe
@_@ I hate reading in the morning biggrin.gif
AA battery
Riza Babe: crap, now you got me flooding too. :X *shuts up*
Chiyo
Good God...are we done?

What this topic did more than anything was show how much Ed is loved and why he is. A negative turned into a positive. And if a misunderstanding has been cleared up then our job is done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.