Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ed X Roy Fanlisting:...this Is A Thread For Ed X Roy 'shippers
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Paperclips
Dear EdxRoy fans: This thread is designated as a "safe-haven" thread for all EdxRoy fans where EdxRoy fans can safely express their love for this pairing, and post & talk about this pairing without being interrupted by postings of negative opinions toward this pairing/'shippers of this pairing by the 'shippers of other FMA pairings. However, in return, we ask NOT to post any bashing of other FMA pairings/'shippers of such paring on this thread. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you! smile.gif ~ Board staff

well, of course I DO. but i wanted to know just how many of us there are. I hate romance, but this one is really funny. and the scary part is, if you read a well-written fan fic, it almost makes it look like it could happen blink.gif . *begs Arakawa*

well, if you do support that couple, tell me so i can add you.

FANS:
me
Omakase Shimasu
Satsuka
Seung Mina
SinLuxuria
Champloo
hakai-kun
Chibi Reina
fooly cooly pillows
Molly

[attachmentid=1679]
[attachmentid=1680]
[attachmentid=1681]
[attachmentid=1682]
Omakase Shimasu
Supportive of couple. biggrin.gif Shame on me if you didn't know that already.

Just a question though. You created this poll so you could add people to your fanlisting? blink.gif
Paperclips
well, yes... i'm very sorry if you think that is corrupt of me.
Omakase Shimasu
Oh no, nothing like that. biggrin.gif I'm just dense and needed a little clarification.
NightMistress
No flaming you ask? Well how about you do the same in the future yourself?**coughcough*EdWin threads*coughcough*

Anyways, this poll needs more wishy-washy options. I would choose an "it's okay" option if there were one. I don't support the coupling really, but I used to despise it a lot more than I do now (maybe I'm coming around?). So long as Ed is an adult, it's more likeable for me (and probably explains why I love HughesRoy so much biggrin.gif ).
Satsuka
Add me to your fanlisting,I support Roy x Ed.
Seung Mina
add me too!! huge edXroy fan!!!
Automne
Add me! This is not my favorite pairing but I like it and support it!
Paperclips
OMG! Omakase Shimasu! I LOVE YOUR ICON. <--really off topic.

well ANYWAY, feel free to post RoyEd fan fictions or fanart. i have a neat one that i found on fanartcentral.
http://www.fanartcentral.net/stories.php?sid=12124
i rate it pg-13, but it's not really explicit, so don't wory.
Champloo
I LOVE THIS PAIRING. It is cute and hilarious. *lmfao @ the Ed in mini skirt picture*
Automne
Well, here are some pics! (I'm gonna post the Kaiba/Yami one on the shounen ai thread soon biggrin.gif )

Ed looks so feminine in these pics! tongue.gif
Champloo
OUF!!!!! *steals Ed out of the last one and runs under a rock* MINE!!!! <.< >.>
Paperclips
i don't like it when they make ed seem like a girl. it disturbs the fangirls
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Paperclips @ Jul 11 2005, 07:53 PM)
i don't like it when they make ed seem like a girl. it disturbs the fangirls

Does this mean I'm not a true fan of the pairing? tongue.gif

And thanks for the compliment. It's been a while since Jailbait!Ed received praise. smile.gif

QUOTE(NightMistress @ July 11 2005, 02:49 AM)
No flaming you ask? Well how about you do the same in the future yourself?**coughcough*EdWin threads*coughcough*

I'm an ignorant fool.

But just for the record, people, flaming is against the forum rules. Period.

And another one for the record, some people don't appreciate excessive fangirl behavior, so please be a bit considerate and keep fangirling at minimum. biggrin.gif;;
hakai-kun
Paperclip: I *heart* the icons in your sig! XD

Altough RoyxEd is no longer my "otp" for hagaren, please add me to the fanlistings too! RoyxEd is second only to elricest, and only by a little laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
XD I was wondering when you'd finally show up in this thread.

Wow, you're a real Elricest girl now, huh? wink.gif
hakai-kun
Of course I'd show up! laugh.gif RoyxEd is my first love after all. haha

But I hadn't read any good RoyxEd in awhile and I was surrounded by seme!AlxEd fics ^^; Ed's uke. I don't care what anyone says tongue.gif
But I still *heart* RoyxEd! XD haha

... or we could go for a royxedxal threesome? blink.gif laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(hakai-kun @ Jul 11 2005, 08:55 PM)

XD Get it up for RoyEd.

But I hadn't read any good RoyxEd in awhile and I was surrounded by seme!AlxEd fics ^^; Ed's uke. I don't care what anyone says tongue.gif

biggrin.gif;; I stopped reading fanfiction (altogether) quite some time ago. I got a bit overwhelmed myself. I figured that if I left the fandom for a while I'd eventually come back and start liking the couple as much as I used to. tongue.gif

Btw, willing to share some links? *wink nudge wink*

Now there's an idea. cool.gif
Champloo
BEST IDEA EVER! Even though it is incest, they are really cute together, really, they are. XD
NightMistress
A couple of photos that nudged me a bit (in a positive way) for this pairing (Masuta is Alter Roy):

http://www.livejournal.com/users/hime1999/5208.html
http://www.livejournal.com/community/alter...757.html#cutid1

Someone had linked me to this site once they told me that there was a Roy/AlterRoy fanart. I mean come on, who could miss out on the Colonel hugging and kissing on himself?! It's quite hott laugh.gif :
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hime1999/24831.html

As I've said before, seeing a more mature Ed makes it a lot harder to hate. When he's a girl (or looking like one) or looks too young, it just isn't appealing to me.
Paperclips
aww... those are sooo cute... in a disturbing kinda way! Edward the neko-kun! I LOVE HIS EARS *plays with them*
Paperclips
well, thank you for being so polite. but that's why we like it, the irony factor. Also, BECAUSE IT IS HILARIOUS. And as i said, if you read a well-written fan fic, it does seem possible. YES I KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. but hey, it never hurt anyone to dream, right?

Thank you again for stating your opinion in a positive way. I wish i knew how to do that...

Any hey, yaoi is only for some poeple. it used to terrify me.

QUOTE(hakai-kun @ Jul 11 2005 @ 08:55 PM)
... or we could go for a royxedxal threesome? 

Now there's an idea. 

....now that creeps even ME out. i don't really like Edx Al. too creepy.
Reika
QUOTE(Paperclips @ Jul 12 2005, 09:41 PM)
well, thank you for being so polite. but that's why we like it, the irony factor. Also, BECAUSE IT IS HILARIOUS. And as i said, if you read a well-written fan fic, it does seem possible. YES I KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. but hey, it never hurt anyone to dream, right?

Thank you again for stating your opinion in a positive way. I wish i knew how to do that...

No problem, I don't like it when people start accusing other and all ^^U, I don't find it necessary.

I see, I can see the irony XD, and yeah, you don't harm anyone by dreaming.

Any hey, yaoi is only for some poeple. it used to terrify me.

Really???? O.o it never scared me, but I don't like it ^^U, if there's yaoi somewhere I say "oh, nice", but that's all xD Yaoi for yaoilovers
Automne
QUOTE(Reika Posted Today @ 01:55 PM )
I hope no-one tries to flame at me after these, these are just my reasons for not supporting this couple. But I'm really curious about why do you find it so exciting, so I would like to know why do you like it ^^ Anyone that is willing to tell me their reasons?

Don't worry! No one will flame you! You have your reasons and I respect it! biggrin.gif I'm going to explain this and sorry if I'm not very convincing! My english is so bad I'm afraid to say some stupidities! biggrin.gif

Well, let's start by the main reason:
- They're both hot bishônen biggrin.gif

Next:

1.-It's not an official pairing and there's no prove, neither in the series nor in the manga that you could say "yes! they are in love!" or "Yes! I can feel their desire like flames!!" nor anything like that. In fact, I think that there's more possibility to Ed/Al (Although I really dislike this pairing) than Roy/Ed (see the episodes of the anime where Al says "I want to feel your warmth again" and such XD), and still, I don't think they are in love (more than brothers love)

There's no need for it to be an official pairing! Actually I hate most of the canon pairing of FMA (I support Roy/Riza a lot though) like EdWin only because Winry annoys me and because this is a way too classic love. But anyway, we're not here to talk about this pairing! biggrin.gif I'm still saying there's no need for it to be a canon pairing! We can still see some possibilities in it! biggrin.gif

3.-Everytime I see a pic or even read a fic of RoyXEd (Yeah, I was curious so I read a couple of fics because I wanted to know how you pictured these characters and what did you find so exciting about it ^^) and I see them always more femenine than they are, specially Ed. I find them too out of character ^^U

Actually, I don't like it too when they make Ed or Roy too feminine but maybe it's because most of fangirls like it when it's sweet and all lovey-dovey! In fanfics, I can't really blame the authors for making Ed and Roy a little Out Of Characters (only when they make efforts to not do any OOC) because I'm actually writting a Envy/Ed fanfic and God knows how it's hard to make them fall in love and respecting their characters at the same time! Fortunately, there are pretty good fics Roy/Ed out there that are very convincing!

5.-The way I see them, and the way I think they are, and the way they act, and all, keep me from being able to imagine them as a couple or confessing their love etc. Sorry, I just can't imagine it ^^U it's too strange XD For me their personalities are too far from making this couple true ^^U

Wow, really! Actually some people take the excuse of "OMG THEY H8 EACH OTHER! IT'S DISGUSTING! UGGGHHHH!"
Really, I can see it happening because Roy does care for Ed and Al, I think he shows it in the episode with...Hughes:cries: And if Roy or Ed discover suddenly their real sexuality! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif One other thing I dislike in fanfics is when they don't talk about the problem of homosexuality! They write it as if it was actually perfectly accepted (and it isn't unfortunately) and when the two characters in love announce it to their friends, these ones take it as if it was perfectly normal... Really, I like it when the characters are confused! It's more exciting! tongue.gif

Well, that's all I can say and I know it is not enough but just look at the reason on top of my reply! tongue.gif I'm sure Kase will explain all this better than me! smile.gif
Satsuka
Even though I support canon couples (like Royai and Edwin) I still support yaoi and yuri couples too (like Ed x Roy,Ed x Envy,Winry x Riza ect.)
NightMistress

QUOTE (SinLuxuria @ Jul 12 2005, 05:24 PM)
Really, I can see it happening because Roy does care for Ed and Al, I think he shows it in the episode with...Hughes:cries: And if Roy or Ed discover suddenly their real sexuality! rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif One other thing I dislike in fanfics is when they don't talk about the problem of homosexuality!

This arguement I still don't get. Roy is 29. I have a feeling that he knows his sexuality. People always say that Episode 25 "shows he cares for Ed and Al." Al is in the mix with this arguement, so it is just as possible for Roy to be with Al as well.

The pics I saw of RoyEd (or rather Masuta/Ed) are moreso easy on the eyes for me than me thinking it truly works.

If people can make major plot exceptions and throw together RoyEd, then Ed/Al should technically be no different. And I definately agree with Reika that yaoi or yuri makes them OOC. Yaoi in general for this show is pretty much one big plot exception for just about every one you put together. Some, however, can fit somewhat better than others. Seeing RoyEd stuff can look hott, but it doesn't "fit" like other Roy or Ed pairings. And interaction wise, I think a large amount of the bickering from Ed and Roy comes from Ed's initial dislike for Mustang and his immaturity (and as I said, I don't like immature Ed with Roy). Once these things are gone, then what?
hakai-kun
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jul 11 2005, 11:05 AM)

XD Get it up for RoyEd.

biggrin.gif;; I stopped reading fanfiction (altogether) quite some time ago. I got a bit overwhelmed myself. I figured that if I left the fandom for a while I'd eventually come back and start liking the couple as much as I used to. tongue.gif

Btw, willing to share some links? *wink nudge wink*

Now there's an idea. cool.gif
[snapback]210570[/snapback]

QUOTE(Champloo @ Jul 11 2005, 03:25 PM)
BEST IDEA EVER! Even though it is incest, they are really cute together, really, they are. XD
[snapback]210694[/snapback]

I Knew you'd agree, Kase! And you too Champloo-san cool.gif haha. Nah... I know it's not canon, but that's half the fun of liking it, right? you can imagine all different kind things! l0l

And personally, I don't like the girly uber uke!Ed either. blink.gif Ed's not like that. He's uke, but he's not girly. people just like to do that because of his long hair I think dry.gif l0l

I'll post links later... when I get on my other computer XD
Paperclips
Okay, i bet i sound REALLY stupid when i ask this: what the hell is an uke? 0__o; It's probably one of those things i should know by my age, but i rarely see the outside world, so please, don't hurt me *hides*
Automne
Uke is the dominating one in the relationship and the seme is the dominated one or maybe I'm wrong? biggrin.gif If so, Kase or someone else, please correct me!
Paperclips
That does make sense. I'm such a n00b. Well, not really. 'Been an anime freak for almost a year now. I feel really stupid.
Kasumi
Actually, it's the other way around.

Seme is the dominating one

Uke is the submissive one. happy.gif
Automne
Thanks Kasumi! I've always got some problem with the -ed and the -ing in english! smile.gif
Champloo
I like the picture where Ed is all dominate. XD He's like alot shorter and lighter, yet, he's got Roy down. That's hot. *nod nod* XD
hakai-kun
QUOTE(Champloo @ Jul 14 2005, 04:33 AM)
I like the picture where Ed is all dominate. XD He's like alot shorter and lighter, yet, he's got Roy down. That's hot. *nod nod* XD
[snapback]213243[/snapback]

isn't it? tongue.gif

Well, I have yet to find my links to those great japanese fanart sites... but in the meantime, here's a fic:

Too Short to Dance
sadly, it's my own... but if you read it, tell me what you think. and I'll work on finding those links again ^^;
Omakase Shimasu
^- MUST READ!!

Aherm.

Some helpful links regarding the whole mystery behind the yaoi terms: smile.gif

- Terms and Meanings (<- Aestheticisim's a wonderful site for any yaoi fanatic, but it's got an age policy you have to adhere to - NO KIDDIES ALLOWED)
- Answer.com's Uke
- Answer.com's Seme
- Yaoi Theory (<- a must-read)

As for flaming the living daylights out of you because you stated your opinion of the relationship, are you crazy? biggrin.gif I think it's normal for people to respect each other's opinion, especially if you're just explaining why you like or don't like something.

As for my reasons for liking these unconventional pairings: it's part of the challenge. Setting people up who have hardly no canon evidence between the two that a relationship could/would work out and see what you or somebody else can do or has done with it is part of the fun. smile.gif One of the reasons I don't fancy canon pairings as much. You already know what happened, how they got together, what they think about each other, the mystery's worn off. I guess I'm a complete opposite from the Roy/Riza/etc fans out there, for exactly that reason.

The same goes for couples that are canon in the manga/anime that have already passed the get-together stage AKA Izumi & Sig. Lots to work with. biggrin.gif Plus, they're just too cute together.

Hmm, Roy submissive to Ed... biggrin.gif;; Not my cup of tea, sorry. If a uke character is almost twice the seme character's height it's hard for me to imagine.
Champloo
*gets like a thousand nose bleeds* Ohh om lord. <3 *twitch die*@ Shi IT'S STILL HOT THOUGH! GO EDO! <3
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif I'm sure. I've got my fair share of couples that has the uke tower over the uke. Well, not exactly tower, but still. rolleyes.gif
Automne
Kase, I read it! It's great! laugh.gif (I have my own Ed(seme)XEnvy(uke) fantasies! I should write a fic!) biggrin.gif

Back on the topic! Here are a pic and a doujin!
Chibi Reina
Please! Add me! Add me! I luv RoyEd just as much as I luv Hagaren!!!
Champloo
HAHA!! Envy x Ed jeez that would be too funny. <3 Nice artwork in the manga thing there.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jul 15 2005, 10:43 PM)
Kase, I read it! It's great! laugh.gif (I have my own Ed(seme)XEnvy(uke) fantasies! I should write a fic!) biggrin.gif
[snapback]214762[/snapback]

The "Yaoi Theory" or Hakai's fic? biggrin.gif

And you should write that fic, if only to rid yourself of the plot bunny. Those boogers can be really nasty after a while.

Oooh, doujinshi. Do you own that doujin yourself? I've never seen that particular style of art before. *___*

While I'm at it, a couple of my bookmarks:
- Aku Tenshi Doujin
- Doki Doki (AlxEd, EdxAl doujinshi) (<- go to projects - files are all torrents though)
- FMA Doujinshi 'Shop'
- Not a Shrimp; Doujinshi (<- lovely scans, unfortunately 99% of them are only front covers)
Champloo
OMG! The brother together. *gets yet another nose bleed and doesn't even care that is is 'wrong'* *twitchdie*
NightMistress
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jul 15 2005, 04:04 PM)
One of the reasons I don't fancy canon pairings as much. You already know what happened, how they got together, what they think about each other, the mystery's worn off. I guess I'm a complete opposite from the Roy/Riza/etc fans out there, for exactly that reason.
[snapback]214656[/snapback]

You know, I always wondered if that had something to do with it. I just never really asked because I didn't want people to get defensive about it. But now I know! Thanks! biggrin.gif If one supports a pairing that is canon, they've already been "fulfilled" whereas non-canon (but desired) leaves one hungry so they've gotta make their own stuff to fill that void. rolleyes.gif

OMG! The brother together. *gets yet another nose bleed and doesn't even care that is is 'wrong'* *twitchdie*

And for those doujinshis, #15 #18, #19, #43 have really good covers along with ALL of the other ones from the last page. On a whole I'd say the Ed/Al/Ed ones look better wink.gif
hakai-kun
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jul 15 2005, 10:04 AM)
As for my reasons for liking these unconventional pairings: it's part of the challenge. Setting people up who have hardly no canon evidence between the two that a relationship could/would work out and see what you or somebody else can do or has done with it is part of the fun. smile.gif One of the reasons I don't fancy canon pairings as much. You already know what happened, how they got together, what they think about each other, the mystery's worn off. I guess I'm a complete opposite from the Roy/Riza/etc fans out there, for exactly that reason.

Thanks for all the links, Kase! I should do my part to contribute too, but I'm on the wrong computer for that ^^ l0l.

I agree with you about the reasons for liking unconventional pairings... for example... Bleach: HinamorixHitsugaya (HitsuHina) used to be my favorite. I still like it, but it got boring and they became more like siblings in my eyes. ^^; so no I prefer Hitsugaya with Matsumoto or Ichimaru. haha.

QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Jul 15 2005, 10:04 AM)
Hmm, Roy submissive to Ed... biggrin.gif;; Not my cup of tea, sorry. If a uke character is almost twice the seme character's height it's hard for me to imagine.

that's half of the fun! ^^; since it's hard to imagine it's fun to see it drawn or written.... just not too often XD
Champloo
Guys, if you torrent those manga things, Stigma is a nose bleed central. XD << >> << I got litteral ones from that sucker. *blush*

Me: O_O Oh holy crap, WEWT!
Paperclips
i like fanfics better than the manga-version stuff, because, well, at least when i'm reading them on the computer my dad dosn't see pictures or anything. and because i get the image better in my head when i read because it will actually LOOk like Ed and Roy. I hate it when people make stuff that dosn't look like them. But that last one was done very well, sinluxura. And when Ed and Roy go too far, It scares me.
Champloo
Yeah, when they go alittle far..I get like : OMG WHOA. @_@;; zoz
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(NightMistress @ Jul 16 2005, 03:14 AM)
You know, I always wondered if that had something to do with it.  I just never really asked because I didn't want people to get defensive about it.  But now I know! Thanks! biggrin.gif If one supports a pairing that is canon, they've already been "fulfilled" whereas non-canon (but desired) leaves one hungry so they've gotta make their own stuff to fill that void.    rolleyes.gif

I was going to ask you why you were afraid to ask, but I guess the same applies to me. Rabid fans can be so scary. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

And another tongue.gif Not really hungry, more like needy. Triple tongue.gif

QUOTE(Hakai)
Thanks for all the links, Kase! I should do my part to contribute too, but I'm on the wrong computer for that ^^ l0l.

Ooh, can't wait~! *__*

QUOTE(Hakai)
I agree with you about the reasons for liking unconventional pairings... for example... Bleach: HinamorixHitsugaya (HitsuHina) used to be my favorite. I still like it, but it got boring and they became more like siblings in my eyes. ^^; so now I prefer Hitsugaya with Matsumoto or Ichimaru. haha.

Knew it! biggrin.gif

And I guess the same goes for mainstream pairings, since it's been done to death. You just want something new and fresh and original.

QUOTE(Hakai)
that's half of the fun! ^^; since it's hard to imagine it's fun to see it drawn or written.... just not too often XD

Well, I'll tell you what. You show me Ed x Roy art and I'll give it a shot!

@Champloo: Stigma? Did I miss something?

QUOTE(Paperclips)
i like fanfics better than the manga-version stuff, because, well, at least when i'm reading them on the computer my dad dosn't see pictures or anything. and because i get the image better in my head when i read because it will actually LOOk like Ed and Roy. I hate it when people make stuff that dosn't look like them. But that last one was done very well, sinluxura. And when Ed and Roy go too far, It scares me.

laugh.gif I had that when I only had the family computer to work with. Not anymore though.

But again, the same goes for fanfiction. If the characters end up too OOC it's a bit of a turn-of.
Champloo
yeah, it's in the doujin pack thing. XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.