Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Relationships: Which Ones Do You Support?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Senefen
What do you think. Personaly I think Ed or Al x Winry or no one. I dont think the Roy, Incest ones work.
Roy and Riza is ok. I dont see why the FMA fan base has so many Yaoi fans though, Because its not a yaoi series.
Comments.
Edward x Winry.

Hands down.
Couples possible/likely to happen in FMA Anime:

- Edward Elric x Winry Rockbell
- Edward Elric x Rose Thomas
- Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye

Other couples I want to happen, but not likely:

- Alphonse Elric x Nelly (cow-girl)
- Alphonse Elric x Paninya
- Alphonse Elric x Rose Thomas
- Jean Havoc x Scieszka
- Jean Havoc x Psiren (teh hawt!)
xrninja
i'm hoping for roy x riza and ed x winry....but roy x riza more. biggrin.gif i really hate all the yaoicrackpairings the FMA fandom has, though, in particular roy x ed...i'm not a shounen-ai pairing kind of person, especially if it's not canon, so roy x ed irks me. i really don't like elricest either; i don't see ed and al having that kind of a relationship. i think havoc would have a difficult time keeping up with siren, especially with his luck with women. him with sheska seems sort of cute though, except i don't really see him going for her. but anyway, i'll be sad if nothing happens between roy and hawkeye.
tainted_roses
royXriza and edXwinry though i like roy & riza more=3

and i agree with what xrninja said *nod nod*
Queen of the dammed
Roy X Riza is the most likely... and I like straight couples more anyway...Ed X Winry is kinda cute too...so is Al XWinry smile.gif
Al x Winry? yeah cute, but definately not likely to happen. There's not enough evidence or chemistry supported between those two. Plus, Al wouldn't want to hurt his older brother by having a shot at Winry. cool.gif
Queen of the dammed
Cute does not equal likely... Anyway, Ed won't want to hurt Winry either, so he probably won't go for her... But it's still cute tongue.gif
ScaR
i voted for Ed x Winry... i want Psiren myself laugh.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
i voted Ed and no one... cause Ed's adventures can't go on with having someone who he loves....

Riza and Roy shall marry and shall quit military.......=P
BlueRakuen
Depends on wish part of my brain I use to answer the question X3
The rationnal one of course goes for EdxWinry and HavocxRiza, cuz like u said, FMA isn't a yaoi/shounen-ai serie

But if I think with the other part... all those fanpairings comes to mind XD
of course they wouldn't work in the anime itself but who cares... it's only the crazy thoughts of fangirls like me.
for yaoi pairings I like EdxRoy, EdxAl, ...even EdxRoyxAl XDDD and EdxEnvy. ah the possibilities!! =3
Chibi Viki
i remember a poll in this forum similar to this one... RoyxRiza won in every aspect, hehehe... I wouldn't be surprised if the results in this poll were the same since there are obviously a lot of RxR supporters *ahem*

i don't need to comment on this one since i share the same opinion as the other RxR fans who posted in this thread.

if there are other possible couples.... then, i don't really care about them, just RoyxRiza... hehehe... (but manga-wise, I'd include EdxWinry since I like her better there than in the anime)
RoyxRiza BigFan
james bond shall marry his bond girl and then give birth to a kids merged with wacky mutant abilities to cast flames and handle firearms like professional at the age of 10 cool.gif
Carnal Malefactor
EdxWinlie would be tacky.
Winry x Scieszka
Kasumi
Roy x Riza, of course! Well, my thoughts are the same as what other RxR fans has posted, so no need for me to repeat them.
I suppose Ed x Winry would work too...
Maliza
Roy x Riza of course... subtle love pwns everything
I can also see EdxWinry happening but I wouldn't care if they both died. heheh

and I also have my "guilty pleasures" that i KNOW are never gonna happen, like winry/sheska and winry/riza (worshiping in the gba game lalala...). Oh yea, I hate yaoi. RoyxEd makes me want to throw up

edit: actually, reading Vael's post, yaoi isn't that bad. Hm, my problem is that I can't see Roy with anyone else but Hawkeye. Yea, thats it
Vael
.... EnvyxWrath, which is a PERFECTLY VIABLE YAOI PAIRING. "Here, little boy, want some candy?" c'mon... I'm not too much of a fan of EdxRoy, because it's a bit too.. farfetched. EnvyxEd isn't, though, as long as it's nonconsentual. I won't get into that, though.

Anyway, based on the relationships presented, my favourite is RoyxRiza. Mainly because Riza's hair is so awesome, Roy's fighting style is so awesome, and the scene with Black Hayate urinating on the wall is so awesome. Not to mention that it is the most obvious pairing in the series so far, without being positively blatant.
I dislike Winry a lot and I mean a LOT. I really dislike EdxWinry sooooo bloddy much lol

Not to crazy on Yaoi...but I don't like Edxwinry pairing...I honestly don't see Ed with anything in the anime/manga, just for his character I can't see it... maybe later in the movie when he is older, just doens't seen to work now.
Chibi Viki
hahaha, this poll... there isn't even a comptetition anymore... it's RxR all the way.

but i'm really surprised to read that vael is also a RxR fan... I thought vael's fav couple were EdxRoy, or at least a yaoi couple.

hehehe, if omakase were here, I'd know whom she'll vote for biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
I voted for RoyxRiza! of course! they're the MOST possible pairs that might ended up!
Shades
I voted for Roy and Riza too. Just like everybody. I think they are really really sweet, though roy is gonna have to stop dating all of Havoc's girl friends, before I'd be satisfied with their relationship.
I think that Ed / Winry is likely too. I like that idea, but not right now. When they are older I can see it working out. But Ed has bigger fish to fry right now.
I really think that Sheska and Havoc would be cute, but that might just be a geeky girl rooting for a geeky girl. dry.gif Hmmmmm.
~ cool.gif
odoridan
Eh, I voted for Al x Winry. It really doesn't fit too well but I'm all for Ed x Roze. Roze shouldn't be left alone with her baby. (It's indirectly Ed's fault anyway for the uprising in Lior) Who cares if she's damaged goods? She's still hot. 2 words: Pink hair... pink hair....

To me, the whole Roy x Riza is a given. It already has all the support it needs.
ScaR
Yea you're right(about the RoyxRiza) and she is definitly hot biggrin.gif
BTW does anyone know how old she is... if you can guess since they don't say it... :S... cuz she is older than Ed right?... Not that it is wrong or somrthing... just asking... smile.gif
Chibi Viki
I think it was mentioned in ep 1 that she's about Ed's age... correct me if i'm wrong though.
Cackles
Edward is the oldest of Winry & Alphonse.

Ed older than Winry by a couple of months; but they are the same age. (Ed's birthday is the same as Elysia-chan's.)

Al is a year younger than the two. smile.gif
Kasumi
Yes, that's correct Cackles, but they are talking about Roze... smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Roze is probably around 17-18.

...old enough to breed, anyway. biggrin.gif
Cackles
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 31 2004, 12:55 AM)

...old enough to breed, anyway.  biggrin.gif

I think Roze is around the same age as Ed or Winry as well. If not; younger than Ed.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Cackles @ Aug 31 2004, 01:15 AM)

I think Roze is around the same age as Ed or Winry as well. If not; younger than Ed.

I don't know, I don't think I could picture a 15-year-old being so beat up over her boyfriend's death as to subscribe to a crackpot religion the way Roze did. Hers were the actions of a woman who thought she was in it for the long-haul. A younger girl would've cried a lot, then moved on.
Kasumi
I agree with What, no bacon? I don't think Roze is the same age as Ed. I get the impression she's around 16 or 17.
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 31 2004, 01:25 AM)

I don't know, I don't think I could picture a 15-year-old being so beat up over her boyfriend's death as to subscribe to a crackpot religion the way Roze did. Hers were the actions of a woman who thought she was in it for the long-haul. A younger girl would've cried a lot, then moved on.

Ed currently is 16 in the Anime.

Remember the episode when Ed lands in hospital & Elysia's birthday was thrown? tongue.gif

Maes & his wife wanted to give Ed a present so they asked Winry to give it to him.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 31 2004, 02:02 AM)

Remember the episode when Ed lands in hospital & Elysia's birthday was thrown? tongue.gif

Maes & his wife wanted to give Ed a present so they asked Winry to give it to him.

I know... the guy suggested that Roze may have been younger, though.
Cackles

Yep that's correct.

The upcoming FMA 2005 movie which takes 2 years after the series; Ed would be 18 by then.
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Aug 31 2004, 02:04 AM)

I know... the guy suggested that Roze may have been younger, though.

Whether she's a tad older or younger; we don't know. In my opinion, I think she's a tad younger than Ed; just alot taller. smile.gif
Shades
Yeah, Ed's height does make it tough to guess at people's ages. I though that she was older then Ed. I think What, no Bacon is right on about the boyfriend thing. She has to be old enough to have though of him as a potental life-long mate, but probably wasn't old enough to fully comprehend that he was gone and could never come back.
~ cool.gif
I've got a feeling Roze in 19, I have no idea why I think that, I just heard it somewhere. The game maybe...
Chibi Viki
I don't quite like the EdxRoze pairing... if Ed were to marry her, it would seem like he's obligated to since it's indirectly his fault that she got pregnant... it's like marrying her out of guilt or pity. Then, Ed, being a state alchemist, would have to do a lot of travel and leave her behind. It'll be like Hohenheim once again.

it would have been better though if it was scar, hehehe... nothing like a BIG strong man to protect you from the world. (there's still hope in the manga!)

biggrin.gif
ScaR
hehe... yea he(scar) might even (ep. 42 "spoiler")take bullets for her... as Lust tongue.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
how old is rose exactly?
Chibi Viki
not sure... her age would range from 16-19... and scar doesn't seem to be that old since he looked fairly young in the ishbar flashbacks. he'll be around 25-30... i think...
ScaR
hmm yep something like that... in that age... definitly older than Roze laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 31 2004, 05:27 PM)
not sure... her age would range from 16-19... and scar doesn't seem to be that old since he looked fairly young in the ishbar flashbacks. he'll be around 25-30... i think...

Scar is around 24-25. The Ishval war occurred 8 years prior, and he was about 16-17 at the time.

I can definitely understand why he would seem older, though.
Chibi Viki
oh, ahehehe, my mistake...

but still... he doesn't seem too old for rose.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 30 2004, 01:54 AM)
hehehe, if omakase were here, I'd know whom she'll vote for  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Now how in heck would you be able to tell, I wonder?

Yesh, it's Roy x Ed~ (Now what is up with the uber-huge X in the Roy/Riza pairing, hmmm? tongue.gif) Hehe, I guess since Viki knows, everyone knows, so I'll refrain from commenting. *waves RoyxEd flag, instead* (Roy/Ed rulez, but I like anyone with Ed as the uke!! XD Kaka~)

Oh, just one comment, though. If I wasn't such a rabid yaoi/shonen-ai fan I would have settled for the 'No relationships' option. I can't really see anyone with anybody. IF any of the characters do decide to hook up with someone, it would be (in my opnion) someone anonymous (not a main character). And I agree with Prinz on the Ed matter. Ed just doesn't seem to be the kind of person to settle down. At least, not now. Maybe when he's older or something. And... no I don't see Roy/Riza either. They've got too much respect for each other and their relationship is generally based on work. And the promise Hawkeye made about protecting Roy.

Arakawa-sensei would have to be damned good if she can pull any relationships off... o__O
Maliza
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 31 2004, 08:20 PM)
And... no I don't see Roy/Riza either. They've got too much respect for each other and their relationship is generally based on work. And the promise Hawkeye made about protecting Roy.

Arakawa-sensei would have to be damned good if she can pull any relationships off... o__O

come on, you know the tissue scene on ep 45 has more than just respect laugh.gif

same goes for the barry-the-chopper scene on chapter 31 XD
and damn, they really fight like a married couple on ch. 38!
Omakase Shimasu
Oh right, this isn't manga-only. biggrin.gif My mistake. But still... I just can't see these relationships working. T__T Something's definitely wrong with me...

Roy feels the need to protect his 'friends'/comrades because he doesn't want anymore victims if he can help it. (yes, Ross' death flying out the window <__<) It doesn't go beyond that relationship. Neither Hawkeye nor Roy seem like people to settle down. Least of all with each other. To me.

But despite the odds, Al/Winry is probably the only one I could see (in the future). I'm strange. blink.gif
Shades
Hmmm, Al is more of the marrying kind. But Winry? I think he's to good for her, although that might just me a jealous fangirl talking. mad.gif
~ cool.gif
Cackles
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 31 2004, 01:44 PM)
it would have been better though if it was scar, hehehe... nothing like a BIG strong man to protect you from the world. (there's still hope in the manga!)

You do not think Ed could fill the 'big strong man' role? rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

Ed was always short, yet buff ever since FMA started. He may have gotten buffer here due to secret workout with the help of Armstrong. cool.gif

Ed x Roze is decent. I wouldn't mind it.

Ed x Winry = Much better. tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
well, royxriza is starting to get hinted in the anime as well so... hehe, i'm pretty happy ^^;;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.