Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inuyasha
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kasumi
InuYasha (犬夜叉?), full title InuYasha, a Feudal Fairy Tale (戦国御伽草子 犬夜叉 Sengoku Otogizōshi InuYasha?) Based on the first 36 volumes of the manga series,[6] the InuYasha anime adaptation produced by Sunrise premiered in Japan on Animax on October 16, 2000 and ran for 167 episodes until its conclusion on September 13, 2004. Directed by Masashi Ikeda and Yasunao Aoki.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Higurashi Kagome, after being pulled down a well by a demon, finds herself in Feudal Japan, where she learns that a powerful jewel has been reborn inside her body. After the jewel shatters in an attempt to retrieve it from one of the many demons who was after its power, Kagome must join forces with the half-demon Inu Yasha (also after the jewel's power) to track down the shards of the jewel before its power falls into the wrong hands.

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: bishounen, demons, historical, love triangle
Episodes: 167
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

Well, after reading the latest chapter, and finding out that the anime is to end soon, I thought I'd start an Inuyasha thread. So, any loyal fans?
odoridan
I was really into it early on but I feel the show jumped the shark when:

Naraku disappeared into that mountain and they had the 7 zombie dudes to fight and there was that one CYBORG guy! Oh, that cyborg was so lame. Then when Naraku came out with his new body and then they went into filler mode... mad.gif (That's probably incomprehensible, but it's been a while and I don't remember names very well. unsure.gif )

I just gave up on it at that point. Once the filler started, I stopped caring. mad.gif I don't even care how it ends.
xrninja
hmm i watched until episode 155 (minus the shichinintai arc, missed all of that) before the iy4ever site screwed up and i couldn't connect to the torrents....and i thought it still had a ways to go so i gave up sad.gif and now i find out it's ending at 166-167! so i guess i'll just dL those two then and maybe 165 biggrin.gif ahhhh kasumi the latest chapter was sad sad.gif
Kasumi
Yeah, the latest chapter was really sad... I had somewhat expected that earlier on... But I'm still shocked to see it happen...

When Inuyasha told Kagura "don't die on us" I thought there was a chance that she'll live...

Inuyash: ...Was she suffering?
Sesshomaru: She was smiling...

That part was... I don't even know how to put it into words...

Kagura...You are the free wind now...
becky-baka
ah.. kagura.

i'll miss her.

i'm an avid inuyasha fan.

the ending filler has been a bit rubbish though. the last double episode is a manga peice though, and a really good one.

hope they do it justice.
Kasumi
It's pretty sad to see the anime come to an end... Come to think of it, the manga looks like it'll be coming to an end as well. Unless another villain pops up, that is... (not likely though.)
wolfi1412
wow.. so u don't think ep 100+ is enough? lol.. everything have to come to an end
Kasumi
I didn't say 167 episodes weren't enough, but I had always thought the anime ending would come after the manga, since they made so many fillers just so they won't catch up to the manga yet. (but i guess it should be expected... people tend to lose interest in long anime...)

Ranma was 38 volumes, inuyasha has hit 39...it'll probably end by 41...
Thievesvinegar
Not eactly a fan b/c i've seen only about 6 episodes tops. But i can say that i like that monk character.
Kasumi
Yeah, many people seems to like Miroku. The comical relief of the group. Hehe, there's really no reason to not like him. smile.gif
Haroken
Never lied Inuyasha. Its too...I dunno. Stereotypical anime I guess. Never got into it.
tainted_roses
i used to be a big fan of it but now im just a -fan-. i dunno why but i suddenly lost interest in it(maybe because of too much reruns and then it becoming overly popular) but even though i lost interest in it,i still like watching it. its really funny and has some cute moments between the characters=3

Yeah, the latest chapter was really sad... I had somewhat expected that earlier on... But I'm still shocked to see it happen...

When Inuyasha told Kagura "don't die on us" I thought there was a chance that she'll live...

Inuyash: ...Was she suffering?
Sesshomaru: She was smiling...

That part was... I don't even know how to put it into words...

Kagura...You are the free wind now...

im not a big fan of kagura but i hafta admit i almost cried when i read that part of the manga...it was really sad=(
Prinz_Zoisit
i like inuyasha... and my favorite is sessouma with his frog and with his little girl(the scene was soo cute where she found him^^)

but i missed to follow up the series cause of time lack...-.-

P.S.: Sessouma in german anime got the same voice as Nephrite in Sailormoon^^
Kasumi
I know how you feel, tainted roses. I used to be a crazy Inuyasha fan, but now, I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be.
I'm still sad over that chapter, but at least, in the end, Kagura wasn't alone...

Prinz, you should watch ep. 162 of Inuyasha. There's a really cute scene with Sesshomaru and Rin.

Rin: Should Rin ever die, would Sesshomaru-sama promise not to forget Rin?
Sesshomaru: ...What a foolish question.

The scene was so cute! But so sad at the same time...

P.S. A reminder to everyone who still watches the anime, 2 more weeks until the end.
wolfi1412
honestly.. I don't really think of Inuyasha.. coz well, I don't like the drawings.. but I do like Sesshomaru.. nvr watch the anime..
Carnal Malefactor
Mediocre-at-best show, with absolutely insufferable fans. Anyone who's ever been at the adultswim.com boards knows what I'm talking about. Ugh.
xrninja
no kidding....i mean, i really like the show and all, but i can only take so much of "SESSHY-SAMA!!!!!" fangirl squee-ing. haven't been to the adultswim boards before but i've seen that on every other inuyasha forum out there dry.gif
Quistis88
I've watched Inuyasha for a bit. I started to download random episodes to watch and then I stopped (although I still knew what was going on). Pretty good though.
Kasumi
Yeah, I know what you mean. The plot never changed from the beginning. Shikon no kakera and defeat Naraku.

Still counting down, one week til the finale. Wonder how the anime will end it...
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Sep 9 2004, 01:39 AM)
Yeah, I know what you mean. The plot never changed from the beginning. Shikon no kakera and defeat Naraku.

Still counting down, one week til the finale. Wonder how the anime will end it...

What I want to know is how they will wrap everything up in just 2 episodes. I mean the manga just seems to be winding down right now, but its still not finished. The current place at which the anime is about to end, the manga continues long after it. Anyone care to shed light on how they will wrap up all this continuity in just two episodes? I mean, Blue Gender couldn't even do that and that show just had 26 episodes!
Aqua_Alchemist
What I want to know is how they will wrap everything up in just 2 episodes

O_o they had enough episodes to wrap it up in. I mean I will never watch all of an anime above around 70 episodes. It gets stupid, new adventure each episode wooooo, no continuing story ever, the really deep thing I was looking for (Rant over O_o). I watched some of the start fo inuyasha, pretty good, but just like with naruto toooo many episodes rolleyes.gif .
TheVileOne
What I mean is, right now, the manga storyline for Inuyasha is clearly getting toward its end and many plotlines, characters are being wrapped up, door shut on, whatever. This is after the manga has gone passed the point the anime is ending at, and so it seems they are going to clearly rush the ending of this series.
Kasumi
Yeah...I haven't seen ep. 165 yet, but from the title, we can clearly see that Inuyasha and co. has figured out Naraku's weakness or found a way to defeat him for good. So, in the last 2 episodes, it'll probably be Inuyasha using the shikon shard to give him a power boost, and kill Naraku.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Sep 13 2004, 09:56 PM)
Yeah...I haven't seen ep. 165 yet, but from the title, we can clearly see that Inuyasha and co. has figured out Naraku's weakness or found a way to defeat him for good. So, in the last 2 episodes, it'll probably be Inuyasha using the shikon shard to give him a power boost, and kill Naraku.

And as I predicted none of that happens! mad.gif They decided to end the anime before the story is finished. And once again, the story is still about at the same place it's been for like 100 episodes. That's what annoys me about Inuyasha, so much filler and so little plot progression. That's why I love shows like Full Metal Alchemist, because they are not on longer than they should be and every episode is important.
happycloud
i love inuyasha...i ordered the first movie (english dubbed) the other day...it arrived today...im soo happy
Kasumi
Well, it definitely didn't feel the the end but at the end of those 2 episodes, Inuyasha and Shippo did say that their adventures continue on in Shonen Sunday. (at least we're going to get a REAL ending in the manga...smile.gif )

Hm...this reminds me, there's going to be a 4th movie coming out. Wonder if they're going to wrap things up there? dry.gif Most likely not...
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Sep 23 2004, 06:10 PM)
Well, it definitely didn't feel the the end but at the end of those 2 episodes, Inuyasha and Shippo did say that their adventures continue on in Shonen Sunday. (at least we're going to get a REAL ending in the manga...smile.gif )

Hm...this reminds me, there's going to be a 4th movie coming out. Wonder if they're going to wrap things up there? dry.gif Most likely not...

No, the 4th movie isn't going to wrap anything up. The movie coming out over the winter in Japan is a stand alone from the series just like all the other movies. It won't wrap anything up at all.
Kasumi
I see... I'm still interested to see what happens in the 4th movie though.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Sep 24 2004, 08:42 PM)
I see... I'm still interested to see what happens in the 4th movie though.

Here's what will happen. Inuyasha and the group will have to face some random threat. Kikyo shows up. Inuyasha and the group defeat the threat, and nothing changes...at all. So basically it'll be the same as the last 3 movies tongue.gif .
Kasumi
The 3rd movie was pretty cool though, with Inuyasha's father and mother and the sword. (haven't actually seen it, only bits and pieces.)
Quistis88
The ending to Inuyasha was quite a disappointment, I found. I wanted them to at least defeat Naraku or something. Maybe Takahashi hasn't thought of a way to defeat him . . . and is stalling!
Gashole
Ah, so it's one of those open-ending anime?
I guess Naraku is far too great to be defeated that they don't want the Last Battle to be too easy. And they've figured out this series is a drag. Also I guess they don't want to separate Kagome and Inuyasha. (After all, she's actually living in the 20th century, when Inuyasha has long since died.)
Chibi Viki
100+ eps and they still won't defeat naraku?! crap. no wonder i've stopped watching it.

i used to be such a huge fan... but it eventually died down since the episodes just went round and round. i only watched it later on because of rin and sesshomaru... does anyone know episode #s above 110 with rin and sesshomaru?

anyway, i heard that the 3rd movie has sesshomaru actually fighting in it so it got me intrigued, hehehehe... has anyone seen the 3rd movie yet?
Quistis88
Episode #162 is the last episode that features a Rin + Sesshoumaru "tale". I love that one, as there are some very nice shots at the end of the episode that are very worth it (beautiful water colors!).

I've also seen the 3rd movie, and is by far my favorite one out of all 3. The things Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha do are hilarious at best!
Kasumi
Yeah, ep. 162 is probably one of my favourite episodes. Even though it's a filler, the Rin + Sesshomaru scene was so cute, but somewhat sad the same time.

I've only seen trailers of the 3rd movie. >.<
Chibi Viki
why was it the last we see rin? or is it both rin and sessho's last ep? just curious since i'm an aivd rinxsesshomaru fan.
Gashole
Ew, that's kind of sick. tongue.gif
After all Rin is like what, 6?
Kasumi
I'm sure she did not mean it that way.

And to answer Viki's question, if I recall correctly, yeah, that is the last we see Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken. (Or were you referring to my "cute, but somewhat sad" comment?)
Chibi Viki
yep, you're cute little comment, kasumi... about ep 162...

Ew, that's kind of sick. 
After all Rin is like what, 6?

uhm, if you're thinking along the lines of pedophile, then, eew, no, that's not what i meant... i'm just waiting for her to grow up and... hehehehe... same thing happened in RG Veda... :,3
Quistis88
I'm an Adult!!!RinxSesshoumaru fan as well, Chibi Viki! And yes, that is pretty much the last episode that centers around those two. We still see them a bit after that though.
Chibi Viki
and in the 3rd movie? i heard sesshomaru finally got to fight instead of just walking around like in the 1st movie... agh1 i have got to get ep 162 and movie 3!
Quistis88
The 3rd movie was great! Sesshoumaru does get to fight, and he looks good while he's at it, too. There's some RinxSesshoumaru stuff in there as well. Hilarious movie, a must-see!
lilaugusto13
I love Inuyasha, though i watch new shows on saturday.
Chibi Viki
what's the 3rd movie about anyway? i heard it had something to do with inuyasha's parents or something...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 1 2004, 05:45 AM)
what's the 3rd movie about anyway? i heard it had something to do with inuyasha's parents or something...

Hentai

InuYasha: The Conception laugh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 30 2004, 11:51 PM)
Hentai

Haha! biggrin.gif

Well, it does give us some insight on how Inuyasha came to be. I can't remember the exact details anymore, but other than Tenseiga and Tessaiga, there was yet another sword that their father possessed, and there is more competition over who the sword actually belongs to (as their father didn't exactly give too many details regarding the inheritance of that particular sword).

There is a scene that shows us how Sesshoumaru got Tenseiga (about 3 seconds or so). That part is absolutely priceless!
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 1 2004, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 30 2004, 11:51 PM)
Hentai

Haha! biggrin.gif

Well, it does give us some insight on how Inuyasha came to be. I can't remember the exact details anymore, but other than Tenseiga and Tessaiga, there was yet another sword that their father possessed, and there is more competition over who the sword actually belongs to (as their father didn't exactly give too many details regarding the inheritance of that particular sword).

There is a scene that shows us how Sesshoumaru got Tenseiga (about 3 seconds or so). That part is absolutely priceless!

hentai, hehehe... i actually stumbled into an IY hentai doujin by accident once... @___@ i will never look at inuyasha the same way again...

There is a scene that shows us how Sesshoumaru got Tenseiga (about 3 seconds or so).  That part is absolutely priceless!

3 seconds only?! oh well... at least we get to see him in action...

i thought they would never make a movie or at least an episode about this... apparently, my waiting is over.
Quistis88
Oh, no, no. We DO get to see him in action. The 3-second part I'm referring to is where he RECEIVES the Tenseiga, when he was still "young".
Kasumi
MUST...GET...3RD...MOVIE...!!!

Hm...I wonder if I can get it this weekend...

I have a question, I heard that this movie is more on the comical side. Is it true?
Quistis88
Practically every Inuyasha movie has its comical moments. So I can't really say whether it is or isn't. But when you compare it to the other 2 existing movies, then the comical factor is about the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.