Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inuyasha
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Chibi Viki
so, let me get this straight.... WE GET TO SEE SESSHOMARU AS A CUTE LITTLE DEMON BOY IN THIS MOVIE?! @_____@
Kasumi
SERIOUSLY!? CHIBI SESSHOMARU!? That's a must-see. biggrin.gif
Bankotsus_Girl
Lol it sucks for me cause I had saw the last 2 episodes of inuyasha and right before the ending my Teley went boom..O.O it will not work no more so im kinda left at a cliffhanger, if anyone who has seen em both and can email me what happend at bankotsus_girl@yahoo.com id lovei t
Quistis88
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Oct 1 2004, 09:02 PM)
SERIOUSLY!? CHIBI SESSHOMARU!? That's a must-see. biggrin.gif

Not exactly chibi though, but . . . younger. Still adorable. smile.gif
Chibi Viki
@Bankotsus_Girl... welcome to the forums... sorry, i haven't seen the ending either so, can't help you there...

@Quistis88... any smaller, even slight, version of sesshomaru is enough to squeal in delight at... :,3
Quistis88
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 2 2004, 01:01 AM)
any smaller, even slight, version of sesshomaru is enough to squeal in delight at... :,3

Ahh, yes, for sure. And squeal I did, too. tongue.gif
Kasumi
QUOTE(Bankotsus_Girl @ Oct 2 2004, 02:39 AM)
Lol it sucks for me cause I had saw the last 2 episodes of inuyasha and right before the ending my Teley went boom..O.O it will not work no more so im kinda left at a cliffhanger, if anyone who has seen em both and can email me what happend at bankotsus_girl@yahoo.com id lovei t

Have you read the manga? If you did, you didn't miss anything. (Yes, nothing was concluded. Inuyasha and Shippou told us that they will continue their adventures in Shonen Sunday...)
Carnal Malefactor
It's on in the other room while I'm waiting for Wolf's Rain to come on... God, this dialogue... these voices... SO... AWFUL!
Chibi Viki
good thing my friend stopped collecting inu yasha manga early... if she knew that it would end like this, she would've thrown quite a fit.

all this time, we've been waiting to see how they'll defeat naraku, if inu yasha would be willing to become human in the end, how that kikyo thingy would finally rest, etc. etc. etc.... damn, i wonder why rumiko-sensei decided to end it this way...
Kasumi
QUOTE(Chibi Viki)
all this time, we've been waiting to see how they'll defeat naraku, if inu yasha would be willing to become human in the end, how that kikyo thingy would finally rest, etc. etc. etc.... damn, i wonder why rumiko-sensei decided to end it this way...

The manga hasn't ended though. But it's obviously heading towards the end, because a lot of characters are gone already.
Chibi Viki
gone already? come on... spoil me since it's unlikely that i'll be reading any IY manga anyway...
Kasumi
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 3 2004, 09:51 AM)
good thing my friend stopped collecting inu yasha manga early... if she knew that it would end like this, she would've thrown quite a fit.

It wasn't her decision, and Rumiko hasn't ended it yet. She's doing the manga write now which will have the ending. I don't think she decides on how the anime was going to end. Either way it was a rip-off to the fans who loyally followed the show for years to end the series in such a way.

The conclusion of Full Metal Alchemist was much more complete and satisfying.
xrninja
i got pissed off when i heard that the last episode didn't conclude anything so i decided not to dL it =P i'll still read the manga though, hopefully takahashi-sensei will come through for her fans smile.gif so was the whole inuyasha anime-manga thing like arakawa and BONES for fma (reminds me of the separation between the CIA and FBI =P) where arakawa really didn't get much of a say in the fma anime series?
TheVileOne
No. The Inuyasha anime pretty much follows the manga word for word, image for image much like the Naruto manga and anime. Its not divergent at all from the manga like Full Metal Alchemist and Trigun.

So basically, the Inuyasha manga continues long after the point in which the animators decided to end the series. Only after that does the real shit start happening. And its totally cheap that they ended it like that.
xrninja
i didn't think that the inuyasha anime followed the manga that closely, since it seemed to have a lot more fillers and crap that the manga did not have. i didn't follow the last 15 or so eps but it seemed like the mouryoumaru thing wasn't as huge in the anime as it was in the manga (which is still dealing with mouryoumaru) and i don't know if they put kagura's ordeal in the anime. in fact, isn't a lot of the stuff from recent chapters not in there? i dunno, i should probably finish the series first before i say anything =P but yeah, it doesn't seem to diverge as much as hagaren does, but it doesn't follow the manga as closely as, say, naruto does.
Kasumi
That's because Naruto doesn't have any fillers.

If you take out the filler episodes, the anime does follow the manga word for word, image for image.
Chibi Viki
ahehehe, naruto is currently on episode fillers... the konoha five chapter is delayed in the anime now.

anyway, i just saw IY movie 3... it was all a ploy to make the brothers work together. so far it's the best IY movie for me, a refresh from constantly going after naraku.n i just wished they gave sesshomaru more attention...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 7 2004, 03:00 AM)
anyway, i just saw IY movie 3... it was all a ploy to make the brothers work together. so far it's the best IY movie for me, a refresh from constantly going after naraku.n i just wished they gave sesshomaru more attention...

Yes! More Sesshoumaru would have been nice indeed. I'm glad you finally saw the 3rd movie, Chibi Viki! biggrin.gif
Kasumi
I still haven't seen it yet... :,3

...I shall go read the latest IY chapter to get my mind off of the 3rd movie... Not that there has been any action in the chapters lately...
Chibi Viki
hehehe... like inu no taisho... he looks like sesshomaru.
Quistis88
Like father, like son. Just like Squall and Laguna from that FFVIII thread!
alpha
Inuyasha Ending =

Uh huh lamezor so read the magical manga.
Chibi Viki
LOL! i could already imagine that, alpha. so, the anime ends there? no continuation whatsoever? only the manga goes on? wow, what chapter is the manga in anyway?
Kasumi
Currently, the manga is at chapter 380. The anime ended off at chapter 356...
Quistis88
Yes. I suppose you can say that it doesn't really end. It just . . . stops.
Ailuro
I have a feeling there's going to be a fourth Inuyasha movie to end the series. Similar to what they are doing in FMA. -.-;

Off Topic:
I'm an Alchemist now! x3
Quistis88
I thought the fourth movie was also supposed to be some stand-alone. huh.gif
Ailuro
Hm. Beats me.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 8 2004, 11:34 PM)
I have a feeling there's going to be a fourth Inuyasha movie to end the series. Similar to what they are doing in FMA. -.-;

Off Topic:
I'm an Alchemist now! x3

There is a fourth Inuyasha movie coming out in Winter Break in Japan. But its not going to end the series. As I've said in this thread earlier, its going to be another stupid stand alone movie where nothing happens and nothing changes.
Ailuro
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 9 2004, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Oct 8 2004, 11:34 PM)

Off Topic:
I'm an Alchemist now! x3

There is a fourth Inuyasha movie coming out in Winter Break in Japan. But its not going to end the series. As I've said in this thread earlier, its going to be another stupid stand alone movie where nothing happens and nothing changes.

Well that's stupid. I hate the ending now..
Chibi Viki
well, if the 4th movie doesn't have sesshomaru in it, then i'm not watching.
Kasumi
According to a very short summary of the 4th movie, Sesshomaru will be in it.

The fourth movie has been titled "Inuyasha: Guren no Houraijima" ("The Crimson Hourai Island").

The island of Hourai, controlled by four demon gods. A girl who knows Inuyasha appears: "Ai." Unchanged for fifty years, what is this girl's secret? When the cursed seal comes to the surface, it begins Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's newest battle!

(I got the summary off of www.ear-tweak.com )
Chibi Viki
Inuyasha and sesshomaru's new battle? against each other? or another chance to have them fight together?

well, whatever the story is, i don't care (since it's already predictable so far) as long as sesshomaru is there! hehe... biggrin.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
hmmm i think the pervert monk and that ninja lady looks hot @W@
Kasumi
My guess is another chance for Inuyasha and Sesshomaru to fight together, not against. It's too bad the 4th movie doesn't relate to the anime, because I really wanted them to wrap things up in the movie (like in FMA). But oh well...
Chibi Viki
i wish they'd come up with something original for once though. you've watched one IY movie, then you've watched 'em all. the difference being sesshomaru's involvement. he makes it all worth while biggrin.gif

but, fangirl mode aside, IY's movie plots are very plain, predictable and it's full of anime cliche... as of now, i have yet to finish movie 2, but have no plans of doing so. no sesshomaru, and the pot is just boring sleep.gif;;
Quistis88
I actually quite liked the way they have woven 2 Japanese fables into one movie THAT nicely. The third movie is still the best though, I must agree. biggrin.gif
Kasumi
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 11 2004, 03:14 PM)
I actually quite liked the way they have woven 2 Japanese fables into one movie THAT nicely.  The third movie is still the best though, I must agree.  biggrin.gif

*bangs head against monitor* Still can't get my hands on the third movie...
By the way, anybody here still following the manga?
xrninja
i am! mouryoumaru's arm is gross. eurghhh.

Quistis88
I'm still following the manga as well. smile.gif
|Fire-Alchemist|
[B]Inu yasha:
Its so Cool.Its a very funny and emotion full anime^^
my favorite chars are:
Kagome Inu yasha miroke
Kasumi
Now that the Kouga got the weapon, it won't be long until the manga ends... I don't want it to end, but at the same time, I feel things have dragged on for waaay too long...
Quistis88
Yeah, I understand what you mean, Kasumi. I hate it when things drag on and on. sad.gif
Kasumi
It's been 40 volumes already, and there's been very little story progression... *sighs* It amazes me how I am still following the manga since I tend to lose interest in mangas that drag on and on. (Ok, who doesn't?) Anyway, I wonder how many more chapters or volumes until the finale?
xrninja
i'm guessing one more, or at most two? wow, inuyasha's surpassed ranma in length now, huh. ahhh, i loved ranma.

yeah, kouga's weapon things are ah, interesting looking! they make his hand um, very big. and slashy. the bracelet attachment is pretty cool though. i loved that panel with ginta and hakkaku and their teary puppy eyes worshipping kouga ("we'll follow you forever, kouga!")

oh yeah, and hopefully the manga won't end as vaguely as the anime did. if naraku disappears again in the last few pages and the inuyasha squad vows to chase him down forever, i'll have to kill something. or if kikyo doesn't finally kick the bucket, or if kagome and inuyasha don't kiss, or if there isn't any miroku/sango fluff. >D
Kasumi
Ranma had only 38 volumes, right?

So, does Kouga's weapon appear at will, or will we have another few chapters seeing Kouga struggling because he doesn't know how to use it?

I'm with you, xrninja. If Naraku is not dead by the end of the last volume or if Kagome gets sent back to her time because she is no longer needed and can't find a way to get back to the Sengoku Jidai, rest assured that someone will die.
RoyxRiza BigFan
Sango X Miroku DESU!!! *O*
xrninja
kagura? she's the wind demon who's forced to do naraku's bidding. she flies around on a feather and attacks with her fan. by ninja gal i guess you're talking about sango, the demon exterminator. she's very much alive.
RoyxRiza BigFan
phew thank Goodness gracious me! *O*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.