Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inuyasha
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kirara
I love Inuyasha it is my favorite anime (although it might be replaced by FMA). But towards the end of the series it had too much filler and the ending although a good stand alone episode was not a good ending. Still you cannot blame this on Rumiko Takahashi. The anime is over but the manga is not, so even though the anime did not have a real ending does not mean the actual story will be this way. And as much I love the anime (mainly due to the wonderful Japanese cast) I don't think it compares to the manga.

It was the same with Ranma 1/2. The anime had a whole lot of filler and a different ending from the manga. Though I suppose some people might say that the ending to the Ranma 1/2 manga was also open ended, because

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
xrninja
QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 29 2004, 06:05 PM)
It was the same with Ranma 1/2. The anime had a whole lot of filler and a different ending from the manga. Though I suppose some people might say that the ending to the Ranma 1/2 manga was also open ended, because

Akane and Ranma don't get together, however by the end of the manga Ranma admits  that Akane is more important to him than becoming a man again. And I was personally happy with that.

and in the last volume,
i think the ending of ranma was still pretty sweet and satisfying for the ranma/akane fans. it definitely wasn't as tied up as Maison Ikkoku, but it was good enough. i trust that takahashi-sensei will wrap up inuyasha nicely as well. smile.gif
alphonsethearmoredone
any one know were i can find songs from the show and /or movies on the web
Ryan227
I like InuYasha but when Adult Swim went in to repeats, I stopped watching it. I really don't enjoy watching it in repeats at all. I've also realized that I'm not really crazy about the main plot anymore, when I downloaded fan subs I started to only download ones that had didn't have a lot to do with the main plot

My brother got the video game for Christmas and I played it for a while, until my charecter developed a crush on Miroku which I felt was wrong (and annoying...) and now it's hard to play tongue.gif

I really don't like how people don't like it because of how annoying it's newer fanbase is, there are a lot of annoying people but I find them easy to ignore... then again maybe that could be because I am one of them (an Adult Swim person)... ick I even go on the Adult Swim boards sometimes and it is really horrible there...
yannathedemonalchemist
I am an InuYasha fan that could sit and watch show over and over again just so that i can pick up on things that i didn't when i watched it the previous time......cya all soon
anime freak- a- leak
i use to like freak when ever i saw inuyasha but once you think of it it's kind of stupid, that they show re-runs and stuff imean i still watch it and all but i don't like it much . sleep.gif
Jellybean
It was a great show, but it's one of those animes that they sort of ran into the ground. I lost interest around episode 60. As much as I love Rumiko Takahashi, I think she needs to learn how to let a series die.
the ironflame alchemist
I have to know, can someone who has seen the full series of inuyasha tell me is sesshomaru dies.

he BETTER NOT DIE he is my favorite character out of all the anime i watch. (actually he is tied with Roy Mustang from FMA)
Kasumi
No, he doesn't. And the series hasn't ended yet. ^^;;

Well, the anime has ended, but there are rumours floating around about plans for having a continuation. *shrugs*
the ironflame alchemist
thanx,
now i am relieved, someone i no kept telling me sesshomaru dies and i didnt want to believe him
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Apr 10 2005, 07:07 AM)
No, he doesn't. And the series hasn't ended yet. ^^;;

Well, the anime has ended, but there are rumours floating around about plans for having a continuation. *shrugs*
[snapback]149834[/snapback]

A continiuation? It's already a REALLY long series. Is there a need to continue it? People have stopped watching it becasue it's so long. I've lost interest in it too. There are too many re-runs dry.gif That just kills it...but I still like the characters rolleyes.gif
Destati
I'm still a fan, but I'm not obbsessed over it like I was in the beginning. The very first episode that I saw was the Thunder Brother's episode. I was flipping through channels and stuff and I found it. "Ooh! That guy's wielding a sword!" and all the flashy attacks were being done. And I couldn't help but notice that InuYasha's voice was that of Bit Cloud's from Zoids, so I fell right into the show. But in any case, I'm kinda sad that it'll be over soon. I've seen all the ones on AS so far and taped most of them XD.

<-- Rabid Fangirl Alert!

I'm thinking about taping FMA now too. XD
Kasumi
Yeah, Inuyasha has 167 episodes in total. As much as I loved the animation and the voice acting (Kappei is just cool), I'm not sure if I do want a continuation. Of course, as I said before, it's just a rumour. The rumour also said something about seeing the end of the manga before starting up the anime again. Now that's where this becomes less believable.

Recently, Rumiko Takahashi just celebrated her 400th chapter and announced that she'll be aiming for the 500th chapter. This means the manga will run for AT LEAST another 2 years.

Will the producers actually wait for another 2 years? It seems pretty unlikely to me.
ScarredSweetheart
Oy. I mean, Inuyashsa is a long story, but they should just let it die, like some other animated series I know *coughtheSimpsonscough* I used to like watching the filler episodes because they were funny and had some character development. But now its just repetitive.
Zarpia
No more episodes of Inuyasha please, that's enogh.
Kasumi
The anime is simply following the manga, so the problem actually lies with the manga instead of the anime.

Now, even as a loyal fan, dragging it out to 500 chapters is a bit stretching it. Another 2 years of trying to defeat Naraku but failing and more sword upgrades.

I have a feeling Rumiko wanted to end it at one point, but suddenly decided to continue it again. *sighs* Dragging it out is killing the series.

[SPOILER]Kagura's death seems wasted now. [/SPOILER]

Every single episode, every single chapter, there's the 'been there, done that' feeling. It's inevitable for fans to start to lose interest. sad.gif
Fresh_Coffee
@_@ OMG 500 chapters? That kills.... I thought the manga was suppose to be better than the anime. Rumiko needs to end the manga at one point.
Kasumi
The manga and anime are pretty much the same. (If anything, I actually think the anime is better)

Inuyasha for another 2 years... I wonder if Rumiko-sensei knows what she's doing?
metalgirlluver
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Aug 27 2004, 09:20 PM)
Well, after reading the latest chapter, and finding out that the anime is to end soon,  I thought I'd start an Inuyasha thread. So, any loyal fans?
[snapback]10669[/snapback]

i luve inuyasha i am one of the biggist fans. did you see the one on sat. sota in love-lol- laugh.gif
Kasumi
QUOTE(metalgirlluver @ Apr 10 2005, 09:48 PM)
i luve inuyasha i am one of the biggist fans.  did you see the one on sat.  sota in love-lol- laugh.gif
[snapback]150358[/snapback]

I live in Canada, so there's no Inuyasha on Saturdays. (At least I don't think so) I seldom watch the dub, I usually go for subs or raw. ^^;;
pirate yoshi
The way the anime ended really disappointed me. Takahashi-sensei really NEEDS to end the manga with a good ending. Preferably now. It's been way too long.
Zarpia
Yeah it disappointed me too, i hope they make the good end in a movie
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Apr 10 2005, 05:31 PM)
The manga and anime are pretty much the same. (If anything, I actually think the anime is better)

Inuyasha for another 2 years... I wonder if Rumiko-sensei knows what she's doing?
[snapback]150349[/snapback]

She's going to continue for another 2 years? This seems like another Ranma 1/2.
Kasumi
Inuyasha is LONGER than Ranma. ^^;; Ranma ended at volume 38 volume, while Inuyasha is already on volume 41. (And remember, Rumiko-sensei is aiming for 500 chapters, and considering there are 10 chapters per volume, we'll get 10 more volumes.. Which will bring us to 51 volumes.)

Oi... This is not good. >_<
Kit
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy. While a loyal fan to Inu-Yasha and insane lover of just about every male character in the series (including Naraku), I think 51 volumes is just a little too much. by like, 30. Still. This is good news for me because it means more reading to do. biggrin.gif But I take it not everyone is a bookworm like me. Oh well. Anywho, I really like Inu-Yasha and it's characters (except Kagome. I really hate her.). biggrin.gif
Kasumi
Inuyasha is a great series with great characters... And truthfully, it's the characters who keep me in the serie, not the plot. (We haven't had any story progression for the past... 300 chapters...) It pains me to see Inuyasha being run to the ground like this. Every chapter is becoming repetitive, and we're only going to see more "I've figured out a way to defeat Naraku! Argh! Tetsaiga is not strong enough. Must find a way to make Tetsaiga become stronger! Yes, now we're ready to fight Naraku! No we're still not strong enough! (Repeat)"
I'm sorry, but I don't want anymore of this. I know Rumiko-sensei is capable of doing a better job than this.
When...
[SPOILER]Kagura died, I thought the series was coming to an end. And I think Rumiko-sensei was really planning to end it, but for some reason, decided to continue it again. [/SPOILER]
At that time, I remember thinking... "No, I don't want it to end yet!" But now, I'd rather it end and leave a good impression on me than continue and become a manga series where I can't care less.

Oops, got a bit carried away there. tongue.gif Yeah, I just felt I needed to get that all out. wink.gif
Tetsuya
I agree!

QUOTE(Kasumi @ Apr 11 2005, 08:29 PM)
Inuyasha is a great series with great characters... And truthfully, it's the characters who keep me in the serie, not the plot. (We haven't had any story progression for the past... 300 chapters...) It pains me to see Inuyasha being run to the ground like this. Every chapter is becoming repetitive, and we're only going to see more "I've figured out a way to defeat Naraku! Argh! Tetsaiga is not strong enough. Must find a way to make Tetsaiga become stronger! Yes, now we're ready to fight Naraku! No we're still not strong enough! (Repeat)"
I'm sorry, but I don't want anymore of this. I know Rumiko-sensei is capable of doing a better job than this.
When...
[SPOILER]Kagura died, I thought the series was coming to an end. And I think Rumiko-sensei was really planning to end it, but for some reason, decided to continue it again. [/SPOILER]
At that time, I remember thinking... "No, I don't want it to end yet!" But now, I'd rather it end and leave a good impression on me than continue and become a manga series where I can't care less.

Oops, got a bit carried away there. tongue.gif Yeah, I just felt I needed to get that all out. wink.gif
[snapback]150947[/snapback]

DameGreyWulf
InuYasha is a great anime
I love the third movie, it rocks so hard
auntaun
I'm like a big fan, though I liked the earlier episodes. the whole thing with the 'Band of Seven' is a little lame, I mean where is Naraku?? I think he was the best thing about Inuyasha, but don't get me wrong. I'm a Sesshoumaru fan all the way. tongue.gif
Berserker Alchemist
Yes! Me ish a loyal fan. Still watching it...The Band of Seven!

Bankotsu kicks booteh!
Cloud28
QUOTE(DameGreyWulf @ Jul 29 2005, 06:52 PM)
InuYasha is a great anime
I love the third movie, it rocks so hard
[snapback]232173[/snapback]

The 4th movie is already fansubbed..introduced a couple of interesting characters laugh.gif
sweety_pie
I love Inuyasha this show so roxx!!! I've only seen like 6 episode so i'm not even close. But i love it already. I want to know what the "Band of the Seven" is though.And what happened to Niroku? Did they defeate him or something.I should probly watch more of the show and find out.
Roy-Flame-Alchemist
??? INuYasha? it's been a while since i heard that word....ONE WORD TO SAY: sucks. Like OMG IT SUCKS!!!!!! though i hafta admit...that I....used to like it....o god im so embarrased......>_< well that was when i was young....=P Now i like BLEACH!!!!!! and FMA too I guesss...=P Naruto as well. Gaara's so hot. I like Roy=P no wait i LUV THE GUY!!!! smile.gif biggrin.gif
Miriamele
Inyasha is great...I've seen all 167 episodes and all 4 movies, I play the card game as well, and I have to say it's one of my favourite animes ever. It has some of the funniest episodes of any show I've ever seen, and some great action too.

However I do wish it would have ended...I know that when they ended the anime the manga was (and still is) going, but I wish they could have done like FMA and made up a different ending so at least there would be some closure. I was very dispapointed to reach the last episode and realize that nothing had changed for about 100 episodes, and that the story was not going to end! Seemingly it's going to go on forever, with nothing ever really happening but talk about swords...

I do like the series though, and the 3rd movie too, I just wish the plot would have been wrapped up.
Nil-chan
I do like Inuyasha, it was what got me hooked on anime. It does drag on though, and i can see why people hate it. As said above, the plot would have been better if it had been wrapped up more, and i think they could have combined ideas in episodes easily. However, i like it. It's a lot of fun to watch... not to mention Sessy is pretty darn sexyRoy's hotter though...
Miriamele
LOL! Sesshoumaru is sexy, yes, but not nearly as sexy as his Daddy! Did you see him in the opening scene of the third movie, Swords of an Honourable Ruler? What a man... cool.gif
Hargen No Otoko
QUOTE(Roy-Flame-Alchemist @ May 21 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]398971[/snapback]

??? INuYasha? it's been a while since i heard that word....ONE WORD TO SAY: sucks. Like OMG IT SUCKS!!!!!! though i hafta admit...that I....used to like it....o god im so embarrased......>_< well that was when i was young....=P Now i like BLEACH!!!!!! and FMA too I guesss...=P Naruto as well. Gaara's so hot. I like Roy=P no wait i LUV THE GUY!!!! smile.gif biggrin.gif

If you 'sorta' like FMA then why r u a member of this site? and why go into the inuthread if you hate it?! Dont you have ne thing better to do?
ScarMySoul
I don't know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor stating that there was going to be one more season of anime.

I've seen how the anime ends, and it seems unlikely that it would end in such a manner.

[spoiler]They don't even end up with getting the jewel back so I don't think it will end. If it does then thats the most piss poor ending I've seen in anime.[/spoiler]

Anyways, I love InuYasha, but these recent episodes, they are just getting stupid. More so like hurry up and get the damn point. lol.

EDIT: sorry I meant for the yellow to be in spoiler tags.
asunder
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 17 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]422611[/snapback]

I don't know if this was mentioned before but there was a rumor stating that there was going to be one more season of anime.

I've seen how the anime ends, and it seems unlikely that it would end in such a manner.

They don't even end up with getting the jewel back so I don't think it will end. If it does then thats the most piss poor ending I've seen in anime.

Anyways, I love InuYasha, but these recent episodes, they are just getting stupid. More so like hurry up and get the damn point. lol.

got any proof?

ideally a link on the moonphase site would be proof biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(asunder @ Jul 16 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]422612[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 17 2006, 02:44 AM) [snapback]422611[/snapback]

They don't even end up with getting the jewel back so I don't think it will end. If it does then thats the most piss poor ending I've seen in anime.

got any proof?

ideally a link on the moonphase site would be proof biggrin.gif

Um no. Like I said its a rumor.

I did read about it in Anime Insider but unless you want me to dig through my copys and quote you then I guess your shit out of luck.

rolleyes.gif
asunder
Inuyasha ended around September, 6th 2004

At that time, the anime had caught up to the manga plot. But If i remember correctly, there were some financial reasons why they decided to end the anime. If you look back at Takahashi's previous works, you'll also notice that Ranma 1/2 ended the same way, with several OVAs and two movies being released to try and show what happened the tv series ended. This is why it is unlikely that there will be a second tv series, you might expect movies or a series of OVAs however.
ScarMySoul
good to know.

If it ended in 2004 then why did the show end in Japan just recently?

Or are you referring to and earlier time?

Ranma wasn't a good anime. So whatever happened to that so be it.

I know there's a fourth movie for InuYasha already. You can get it on eBay.

mellow.gif

asunder
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 17 2006, 03:37 AM) [snapback]422622[/snapback]

good to know.

mellow.gif

Ranma is consists of the same formulaic recipie as Inuyasha (minus the stuff about demons). In my opinion, Ranma 1/2 is better.

Perhaps you are confused on the date the show ended.
http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5295

And don't support anime on ebay .... it's mostly hk/chinese bootlegs.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(asunder @ Jul 17 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]422623[/snapback]

QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Jul 17 2006, 03:37 AM) [snapback]422622[/snapback]

good to know.

mellow.gif

Ranma is consists of the same formulaic recipie as Inuyasha (minus the stuff about demons). In my opinion, Ranma 1/2 is better.

Perhaps you are confused on the date the show ended.
http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5295

And don't support anime on ebay .... it's mostly hk/chinese bootlegs.

I myself never did like Ranma.... so that's my opinion....

As for the dates, I must have gotten them confused.

As for the movie on eBay, I highly doubt the 4th movie is bootleg, seeming as in the artical you pointed out the movie came out in 04 as well. The movies I found were authentic.

But whatever. Thanks for the correction?

ANYWAYS...........

According to Viz Media, they posted that the fourth movie is making a North American debut on Thrusday of this month.

"Inuyasha the Movie 4: Fire on the Mystic Island
North American Theatrical Premiere
7:00 PM Thursday, July 20, 2006
All attendees receive a free commemorative Inuyasha the Movie 4: Fire on the Mystic Island poster!*"

Chibi-Usa
Inuyasha....is really,really, LONG. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, I even own the second movie(thanks to Wal-Mart sales happy.gif ) but it's just so drawn out...
asunder
popo used to have this on his signature, but i thought it would be appropriate to have it linked here:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=191
Popogeejo
And if VGcats doesn't get the message across;
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Inuyasha

-Popo the Wiki whore
Chibi-Usa
I read it.That was hilarious.>_<
Carnal Malefactor
spam deleted.

hoookay, back on topic.
EnvyGirl85
I have watch all the episodes and I have 19 manga volumes of InuYasha.
I used to have obsessions to InuYasha, but now my obsession is Fullmetal Alchemist biggrin.gif
My favorite characters are InuYasha, Kikyo, Sesshomaru and Sango
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.